Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Dark Forest

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:29 AM
Introducing Myself
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:07 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Yesterday 11:51 PM

Old November 6th, 2023, 10:40 PM
:P

Status: 彡 ╰► hiatus ; ghost of a werewolf lurking bout forums✩˚。⋆
Bump Policy: ‧₊˚✩彡 oh Gods oh gods oh ogds oh godf hngrj tggggd.99p4t,sfkkk
My Mood: Lurking

Exclamation the end is never the end [ private ]

he watched. he observed. he knew the tom was foolish — never able to even comprehend the possibility of someone, something, betraying him. it was his fatal flaw and this time flickerlight would not let the grains of opportunity slip through his paws. he had told the medicine cat a long time ago. cowtuft would either work with him or he would die. he always kept his word. even if his second attempt hadn't gone well — third time's the charm.

flickerlight knew perfectly who he would tell. the previous medicine cat. the one who had escaped his clutches just a bit. she didn't know. not the truth. he would enlighten her. he waited. he waited. he waited for peachfrost to fall asleep before reaching up from the depths of darkness and dragging her into a dream. they were in a neutral territory and while no stars twinkled in flickerlight's pelt he figured if he acted enough like one of the starclan tryhards it wouldn't be too hard. worse comes to worse, could always play it off as him attempting to be better.

ironic.

the feline sat idly near a running stream while he waited for her.
// @Poprock

❝ hold on tight to this time,
this place 'cause everything you know will be erased.
you were born inside your head.
and that is where you'll be when you are dead. ❞

-- currently on a hiatus until further notice --
pronouns.cc
Old November 13th, 2023, 08:00 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: the end is never the end [ private ]

Returning to Windclan had been a quiet and lonely affair. There was no grand reunion with Twi like last time. Her dear Berryfrost didn't even know her former mentor had returned, nor did Cowtuft. Despite being one of the largest cats in the clan, Peachfrost had gone virtually undetected by the ones she treasured most. And she planned to keep it that way. They didn't need to see who she was becoming.

Running water was the first thing Peachfrost heard after laying down in her nest for the night. A sound a Windclan cat should never wake to. Something was... horribly wrong. She wasn't in the camp. Her eyes shot open in a blind panic, expecting to see that horrible twoleg den she had been confined to for so many moons. It was better than that hole she had been rotting in not even a moon ago....

When her eyes shot open in a blind panic and finally took in the foreign surroundings, the molly suddenly wished for the annoying jingling to sound from her neck or for the blinding pain in her leg to flare up again. Either would be better than being here. Some sort of land that those damned ghosts that everyone put so much faith in roamed. She'd only been here once. Not when she went to the Starcave with Snakeheart or Icicleripple and begged for someone to answer her. Not when she prayed every single night for any sign of her sisters, father, brother, mother... anyone. Not when she wished for death in that hole. Only when he was chosen. The scariest moment of her entire life.

No,no nonononononononooono Ice cold panic shot down her spine as she desperately searched for a way out of this nightmare. I can't do this again. I can't be replaced again. I can't-- Someone was here.

"What the hell do you want?" Her bark was a lot less convincing than she had wanted it to be. She sounded more like a wounded pup than a ferocious wolf. "You finally show yourself after all this time to torment me even more?"
@wolfie
Old November 15th, 2023, 01:48 PM

// @Poprock
Ooh. Flickerlight had forgotten how cold this molly was, truly. Her name was fitting for her. It was amusing the way she was quick to bite but the shift of her eyes. The desperateness she showed through the movement of her eyes. She was scared. Falling back on the only thing she knew how to protect herself. "Oh, aren't you a sad cat?" He mused, disregarding her questions. Green hues looking her up and down. Not bothering to hide the judgement in his gaze. Flickerlight would not play soft with her. Maybe, it would be entertaining to play on her maternal instincts but that was soo boring.

"No need to be so hostile. I'm here to offer you a chance to redeem yourself. Isn't that what you want? You abandoned your clan as a medicine cat. Left a practical kit in the position of caring for his whole clan. When you returned, you offered no guidance and continued as a warrior. Then you disappear, again, and now here you are. Your clanmates have a lack of,, trust in you, Peachfrost. I'm sure you've caught snippets of the awful things they say. You have little,, to no personal connections,, " He tilted his head to the side, letting out a long sigh.

He was pitying her. "I feel bad for you, I know you love your clan. Don't you? You want to save them. Even if they may not return this love, you can change this. This is why you're here. The stars are calling upon you to fulfill your purpose, " Flickerlight rose to his paws, standing to his full height.

".. I'm going to let you in on a secret that your high ranks have been keeping from you. WindClan as a whole. To simply protect one's being. You and Cowtuft were sent a prophecy, yes? I regret to inform you that was a fraud. Cowtuft was not picked by StarClan. Heavens no, a cat from the Place of No Stars sent it. He was never meant to be a medicine cat. Twilightstar and Fallownose have put WindClan in a severe place of danger.,, they've betrayed WindClan. " The lanky feline begun to circle Peachfrost, entrapping her in a small spot. He needed to captivate her, to truly make her believe him. To ruin her trust in those she trusted. He needed to play this carefully.

"And now their sins have caught up to them. Cowtuft is no longer following the stars. He has rejected his faith and ,, maybe once he was of good but he has .. lost his sense of right and wrong. Something is going to happen, Peachfrost. Lives are going to be lost and it is not going to be a natural cause. Do not let Twilightstar or Fallownose brush his sins under a pelt, " He leaned in closely to her ear.

"Seek justice. You have nothing to lose, and that is a gift. Take.. care of the situation. Ensure WindClan knows of these secrets, and ensure Cowtuft is stopped no matter the cost. This is your chance to redeem yourself as a true warrior of WindClan, " Flickerlight pulled back, expression shifting into something unreadable but a sick enjoyment burned in his chest.

"Show WindClan how much you care. Only then will you rest easy."

pronouns.cc
Old November 15th, 2023, 07:07 PM
America ya :D

Bump Policy: After three days! I WILL FORGET
My Mood: Yeehaw

@wolfie
-----
Tears were always something the molly hated. Crying never did anything for anyone. It didn't bring anyone back or solve any disputes, just made Windclan seem even weaker than they already were. So why did she find her vision suddenly getting blurrier at this cat's words? She was Peachfrost; former medicine cat and guardian of Windclan. She fought to protect them time and time again. She helped Twi in the birth of her kits, helped Berryfrost go from a timid apprentice to a gentle warrior. She mattered to Windclan. She wasn't some pathetic kit to be toyed with. And to call me sad! Ugh! The warrior didn't have time to be mocked by some unknown spirit.

"I'll kill you again! Stay the HELL out of my head!" Her claws aimed at Flickerlight's see through neck, hoping to end this ugly nightmare quickly. I'm curious to see if a ghost can bleed. Even if he managed to dodge her powerful blow she would swing again. And again. And again and again and again and again and again until there was nothing left. She would tear apart the heavens if it meant destroying the very essence of Flickerlight.

Death was cruel to Peachfrost once more. It usually took everyone she loved - never to be seen again. But this ghost? Completely untouched against her onslaught of slashes. There was no stopping the stronger blows he sent back. Words that they both knew were true.

Oh skies how sorry she'd been when she returned to see Cowpaw with the whole world on his tiny shoulders. So little and so alone... and Peachfrost couldn't bring herself to help him. How could he not hate me? Her ears flattened against her head as Flickerlight went on, still managing to hit nerve after nerve. Her clanmates trusted her.... they did! Her maw opened to retort, but quickly snapped shut.

"The stars are calling upon you to fulfill your purpose"

Her icy heart suddenly thumped hard in her chest while the rest of her froze.

Ash and dust filled her senses. Silverkit's limp form dangling in her jaws, ash covering her pelt and smoke filling her lungs. Bravebird's body found alone in the Swooping Cliffs. Creamcloud, Fluffybee, Rowanpaw all gone without a trace. Cowtuft and Berryfrost struggling alone for moons with no guidance. All cats she had let down in her absence. After all the pain she'd caused... all the failures of both a medicine cat and a warrior... the stars still wanted her?

Peachfrost didn't stop the first wave of tears as they began to fall; nor did she bother to calm her rapid intakes of air. There was too much happening. Too much information she would rather never hear again. Her vision from so long ago wasn't from Starclan... Cowtuft was no gift to save her from her failures... Fallow and Twi failed to tell her what they knew... lives are going to be lost. Everything she'd worked for was all for nothing. Everything she had worked her whole life for. ...
redemption.

Claws dug deep into the ground below, a self calming gesture that usually grounded the warrior. Clumps of dirt and grass tended to get stuck between her toes. However this time... something was different. Wide glassy eyes slowly looked down to see sand. Soft white grains slipped through her paw as she raised it slowly, a sudden gust of wind carrying them away until there was nothing left but her empty unsheathed paw.

The unknown ghost was too close, but she made no effort to move away. It was a long time before she spoke again, the silence deafening. "I won't hurt him...?" She murmured, her voice trailing off weakly. He was so young...... surely he hadn't been corrupted like she had. Cowtuft was supposed to be the salvation to her destruction. His starry eyed optimism in the world - in Starclan - was supposed to guide Windclan to a prosperous and peaceful era. How could he - no. How could they all betray her like that? How could Twi preach peace and neutrality and harbor a dark secret like that from her? Peachfrost could've taken care of it so long ago...

She can take care of it now.

"What do you want me to do?"
Old November 16th, 2023, 09:57 PM

// @Poprock
Flickerlight couldn't help but find it utterly amusing how violent she just was. She was already close to the edge. He doesn't give her a reaction -- she would only feed off it. He stands still and lets her take her claws to his fur. There is no blood, but his spirit begins to visibly waver -- disperse but not fully.

His tail tip twitches in amusement as she is so quick to quiet down once he starts pointing out the things even she believes. It wasn't necessary true. Some things were distorted, but she still believed it.

There was something so disastrously beautiful about a cat succumbing to your light tugs. The pushes to lead them into a mindset you desired. To mold an outcome. Flickerlight could not grin. It would give too much away, show his uncurling desire to truly cause harm but he was giddy. Giddy with the excitement that Peachfrost was unfurling like a ripe fruit. Coming to accept her proposed fate with open arms. She only needed a little nudge.

He leaves a hint. Something that one might not notice at first, easy to slide under the topic of what was needed — but a hint that one might look back on and realize the sin tainting it. "You might have to hurt him, " Flickerlight speaks softly, a calm tone. It isn't a demand, but it reveals the option of it being a possibility. Something for Peachfrost to consider.

StarClan was never open. They liked to keep the living guessing. They wouldn't hold their paws. Largely why some of the living regarded them like one might do a passing breeze. Flickerlight tilts his head, a glint in his eyes. A question -- Did you think it would be this easy? "Your redemption won't be handed to you on your platter, " He replies instead. It isn't shouldered in a honey tone, it's only an observation he speaks.

Flickerlight moves to stand in front of the molly, standing tall and strong. The moment before the breeze disperses. "Good luck, Peachfrost." The wind begins to pick up, pushing and pulling at the leaves. The grass. Their fur, and he lifts a paw. He taps it against the ground and lets their connection fall short.

pronouns.cc