Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan > ShadowClan Events

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Why did they take you...
Last post by Morrigan
Today 02:48 PM
RiverClan Patrols
by Estelle
Last post by ChaosBringer.
Today 02:46 PM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Today 02:39 PM
Ink Blot's Introduction
Last post by SentimentalSquid
Today 02:37 PM
Closed Thread

Old September 12th, 2019, 10:42 AM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

@Spider-Leap

[OPEN]

Owlfeather trudged into camp, her paws covered in soot and her mouth full of soggy prey. She dropped her mouse and a few frogs on the fresh-kill pile, sighing at how pitifully small it seemed to look. At least she knew why prey had been so scarce now. She was followed by Greythrush and Larkpaw, who seemed equally shaken up.
She didn't dare go to the highbranch. It wasn't right; it wasn't her place to stand there, to shout the summons that a leader normally would. She refused to do it, out of respect for Windystar. Instead, she waited in the center of the clearing, for cats to return from patrols or to emerge from their dens. She would speak to the other senior warriors first, with any luck.

She waited for the presence of her clanmates, of cats whose presence made her feel safe and strong. She felt like a speck of ash floating through an infinite forest of bare trees, just coasting along, going where the wind took her. She knew that the news would spread through the camp as quick as that fire had spread from ThunderClan.
As cats filed around her, the camp beginning to buzz with life, she quietly asked each one that passed her if they would wait here for a moment. It was important. She cherished the presence of her family members among the group, their kind eyes giving her a silent charge of confidence. She gazed towards the two cats who stood beside her and nodded.

"The fire has spread from ThunderClan," She spoke at last, once a fair number of cats had gathered. "Thank StarClan it didn't reach our camp, but a fair chunk of our territory has been affected. Greythrush, Larkpaw and I had a difficult time finding prey this morning when we stumbled upon what was left of the stretch of land closest to the ThunderClan border. The rains seem to have doused it, but we must use caution when going out, just in case. I'd imagine that there are many loose branches that could fall and hurt a cat." She carried on, her voice uncertain. Her tail was curled defensively around her paws, in a small gesture of self-comfort. "A lot of our prey seems to have fled due to the damage." At this notion, her eyes flicked towards the small pile of fresh-kill nearby. She hoped there was enough left to at least feed them for a day.

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old September 12th, 2019, 10:53 AM
--

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperCreates View Post
@Spider-Leap

[OPEN]

Owlfeather trudged into camp, her paws covered in soot and her mouth full of soggy prey. She dropped her mouse and a few frogs on the fresh-kill pile, sighing at how pitifully small it seemed to look. At least she knew why prey had been so scarce now. She was followed by Greythrush and Larkpaw, who seemed equally shaken up.
She didn't dare go to the highbranch. It wasn't right; it wasn't her place to stand there, to shout the summons that a leader normally would. She refused to do it, out of respect for Windystar. Instead, she waited in the center of the clearing, for cats to return from patrols or to emerge from their dens. She would speak to the other senior warriors first, with any luck.

She waited for the presence of her clanmates, of cats whose presence made her feel safe and strong. She felt like a speck of ash floating through an infinite forest of bare trees, just coasting along, going where the wind took her. She knew that the news would spread through the camp as quick as that fire had spread from ThunderClan.
As cats filed around her, the camp beginning to buzz with life, she quietly asked each one that passed her if they would wait here for a moment. It was important. She cherished the presence of her family members among the group, their kind eyes giving her a silent charge of confidence. She gazed towards the two cats who stood beside her and nodded.

"The fire has spread from ThunderClan," She spoke at last, once a fair number of cats had gathered. "Thank StarClan it didn't reach our camp, but a fair chunk of our territory has been affected. Greythrush, Larkpaw and I had a difficult time finding prey this morning when we stumbled upon what was left of the stretch of land closest to the ThunderClan border. The rains seem to have doused it, but we must use caution when going out, just in case. I'd imagine that there are many loose branches that could fall and hurt a cat." She carried on, her voice uncertain. Her tail was curled defensively around her paws, in a small gesture of self-comfort. "A lot of our prey seems to have fled due to the damage." At this notion, her eyes flicked towards the small pile of fresh-kill nearby. She hoped there was enough left to at least feed them for a day.

Greythrush nodded. "We must be careful while we try to hunt or even go on our usual duties..a-" he was interrupted by a cat in the crowd. some cat he didn't want to hear from.
Old September 12th, 2019, 01:00 PM
Gears Grind in My Mind

My Mood: Sad

Quote:
@Spider-Leap

[OPEN]

Weaseljaw sighed. Why did our territory have to catch on fire? He thought to himself silently. As if we don't have enough going on. He glanced at the Highbranch, longing for Windystar, or perhaps any decent leader.
When he heard the next part, Weaseljaw glanced over to the fresh-kill pile. It was rather measly, with hungry cats complaining slightly over the meager shares. Now nowhere was good for hunting. Thunderclan borders were burned, and Riverclan would freak if they took one pawstep on the border.
Weaseljaw had never been a big eater, but this had affected him greatly. Out of nowhere he blurted out,"I think I might be able to get some prey from near the Riverclan side." He flinched at the senior warriors' surprised glares, but he continued. "I've always been well as a scout of solo missions, and perhaps I'll do the best I can while staying near the border."
Weaseljaw instantly felt stupid, but it was worth a shot. Riverclan was quick and wary on borders, but Weaseljaw was sly like a fox and wiry like a weasel. He might, just might be able get some prey for his Clan.
As the sand brown cat waited for his answer, he realized something. I never asked if the medicine cat was to choose a new deputy or leader. I'll need to tell him later. Someone must heed the call of Starclan eventually.
Old September 12th, 2019, 01:23 PM
Lies! I don't know him!

Bump Policy: 72 hours

[Open] @CasperCreates @Spider-Leap @TitaniumCat

Lunafrost and Whiteshadow turned their attention to Owlfeather as cats gathered around her, Greythrush, and Larkpaw. The two padded over to see what the commotion was about. Lunafrost scowled deeply as she heard about the fire, she did her best to look on the bright side and be glad that it hadn't hit the camp. Still, the lack of prey was going to be a problem, thankfully it wasn't Leaf-bare just yet. Whiteshadow rarely voiced his opinion unless he felt it necessary so just observed the clan as Lunafrost turned her eyes over to Weaslejaw as he spoke up about hunting near Riverclan. That sounded far to risk a plan to her.

"I'm not so sure about hunting to close to Riverclan, we already have them down our throats about the borders." She voiced, no leader, no deputy, and now a lack of prey, she didn't like the idea of risking Riverclan irate or them twisting the story around and calling them prey stealers and coming to take what little prey they had. "If the area around Thunderclan is dangerous perhaps keeping the apprentices away from there might be a good idea?" She adds, nose twitching at the thought of a branch or worse harming her apprentice, Rabbitpaw. "Could hunting in places we don't normally hunt help find more prey?" She offered what she was hoping was something helpful.
Old September 12th, 2019, 04:29 PM
Wibbly-Wobbly Timey-Wimey

Bump Policy: 4 days :D
My Mood: Pensive

Quote:
@Spider-Leap

[OPEN]

Oh no! Leaftail hearing this news got her into distress over Redpaw catching nothing, but that's not what she is worried the most. What if he get lost?! What if he gets hurt? "What kind of mentor am I?!" gasped Leaftail.
Old September 12th, 2019, 05:22 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonraven View Post
[Open] @CasperCreates @Spider-Leap @TitaniumCat

Lunafrost and Whiteshadow turned their attention to Owlfeather as cats gathered around her, Greythrush, and Larkpaw. The two padded over to see what the commotion was about. Lunafrost scowled deeply as she heard about the fire, she did her best to look on the bright side and be glad that it hadn't hit the camp. Still, the lack of prey was going to be a problem, thankfully it wasn't Leaf-bare just yet. Whiteshadow rarely voiced his opinion unless he felt it necessary so just observed the clan as Lunafrost turned her eyes over to Weaslejaw as he spoke up about hunting near Riverclan. That sounded far to risk a plan to her.

"I'm not so sure about hunting to close to Riverclan, we already have them down our throats about the borders." She voiced, no leader, no deputy, and now a lack of prey, she didn't like the idea of risking Riverclan irate or them twisting the story around and calling them prey stealers and coming to take what little prey they had. "If the area around Thunderclan is dangerous perhaps keeping the apprentices away from there might be a good idea?" She adds, nose twitching at the thought of a branch or worse harming her apprentice, Rabbitpaw. "Could hunting in places we don't normally hunt help find more prey?" She offered what she was hoping was something helpful.
@Spider-Leap @TitaniumCat

"Believe me, I hate the idea of hunting near RiverClan just as much as you do," Owlfeather spoke to Lunafrost, folding her ears back as she thought of the temperamental RiverClan deputy. She would love to tear his fur off if she ever got the chance. "But it might be either that, or starve."
There was a dark seriousness in her eyes as she pondered the fate of the clan. It seemed there was no end to ShadowClan's misfortune, and it was difficult to remain positive. She was grateful that she was not alone, at least, and she felt comforted by the presence of her clanmates.
"And I think Lunafrost is right. Not only apprentices, but all cats, should try their best to avoid the burnt area unless absolutely necessary. The last thing we need right now is unnecessary casualties, and we don't know whether or not the fire is done spreading."

Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old September 12th, 2019, 06:02 PM

Quote:
@Spider-Leap @TitaniumCat

"Believe me, I hate the idea of hunting near RiverClan just as much as you do," Owlfeather spoke to Lunafrost, folding her ears back as she thought of the temperamental RiverClan deputy. She would love to tear his fur off if she ever got the chance. "But it might be either that, or starve."
There was a dark seriousness in her eyes as she pondered the fate of the clan. It seemed there was no end to ShadowClan's misfortune, and it was difficult to remain positive. She was grateful that she was not alone, at least, and she felt comforted by the presence of her clanmates.
"And I think Lunafrost is right. Not only apprentices, but all cats, should try their best to avoid the burnt area unless absolutely necessary. The last thing we need right now is unnecessary casualties, and we don't know whether or not the fire is done spreading."
Leaftail flinched at Owlfeather's words as Owlfeather spoke about all cats avoiding the areas that were burnt by the fire. StarClan, please let Redpaw survive! prayed Leaftail. "I-I..I let my apprentice go hunt patrolling by th-themselves! Is all my fault that he's going to get burned!" stuttered Leaftail as she spoke up to her clanmates.

Old September 12th, 2019, 06:17 PM
clearing away the dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtfur View Post
Leaftail flinched at Owlfeather's words as Owlfeather spoke about all cats avoiding the areas that were burnt by the fire. StarClan, please let Redpaw survive! prayed Leaftail. "I-I..I let my apprentice go hunt patrolling by th-themselves! Is all my fault that he's going to get burned!" stuttered Leaftail as she spoke up to her clanmates.

"You sent an apprentice out on his own, and you're not watching him?" Owlfeather's jaw dropped. It was almost unheard of to send an apprentice out alone, with the exception of assessments, when the mentor was hiding and watching from afar. It was especially distressing due to the current political climate with RiverClan. Owlfeather's motherly instincts made her want to yowl at Leaftail for sending Redpaw out by himself. She forced herself to calm down, to make her fur lie flat.
"Do you know how dangerous that is, when we're on the brink of war with RiverClan?" She had suppressed most of her anger, but she still sounded very stern and serious. Her eyes, however, betrayed her fear and concern for Redpaw's well-being. "You must find him and bring him back, quickly, before he stumbles upon the fire himself!"

Old September 12th, 2019, 06:24 PM
--

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
"You sent an apprentice out on his own, and you're not watching him?" Owlfeather's jaw dropped. It was almost unheard of to send an apprentice out alone, with the exception of assessments, when the mentor was hiding and watching from afar. It was especially distressing due to the current political climate with RiverClan. Owlfeather's motherly instincts made her want to yowl at Leaftail for sending Redpaw out by himself. She forced herself to calm down, to make her fur lie flat.
"Do you know how dangerous that is, when we're on the brink of war with RiverClan?" She had suppressed most of her anger, but she still sounded very stern and serious. Her eyes, however, betrayed her fear and concern for Redpaw's well-being. "You must find him and bring him back, quickly, before he stumbles upon the fire himself!"

"Owlfeather...." Greythrush's voice mumbled quietly.
Old September 12th, 2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Leap View Post
"Owlfeather...." Greythrush's voice mumbled quietly.
Leaftail's ears twitched and responds to the tom's comment. "No Greythrush, Owlfeather is right," meowed Leaftail, looking down. "Training Redpaw is my responsibility. And it is still my responsibility for losing them." Leaftail noted. The pathetic molly gave Owlfeather a look of respect. "I'll be right back, I am so sorry for my lack of responsibility." In a blink of an eye, Leaftail sprint towards the exit of the camp to find the missing apprentice. I am terribly sorry StarClan...

Last edited by Dirtfur; September 12th, 2019 at 08:02 PM.
Closed Thread