Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > WindClan > WindClan Events

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Doeflame finder
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:12 AM
My characters! (And future...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 12:12 AM
a pawstep between life and...
Last post by occultation
Today 12:11 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Kaybug.
Today 12:02 AM
Sweet Nightmares... [P]
by Tiabirb
Last post by SpiritedWarrior
Today 12:02 AM
Closed Thread

Old November 25th, 2017, 09:19 PM
on an indefinite hiatus

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: WindClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Mercurykit was aware that his name was strange, but he had never appreciated other cats pointing this out. When Quailpaw spoke, he gave her a look, but made no response until a few minutes later. "My parents were Thrushflight and Caramelblood - birth Mother was Fawnflower. Should give you an idea of how screwed up my family is." His biological Mother was despised by him, and most of his siblings, his birth father was gone, and his remaining father was rarely seen. His siblings weren't often around anymore... Mercurykit hadn't seen Silverkit, or Cobaltkit, in quite a long time. While he hadn't been very close to his sister, Silverkit, his brother, had been a much closer friend. "That's quite an ambition." The tom was half-impressed by Quailpaw, mainly because she had confessed to being half-blind and the runt, and yet she was faster and stronger - according to herself.

He supposed she would know that, if you were outrunning and winning in fights, then you were likely faster and stronger. Mercurykit himself was more of a thinker when it came to fighting, rather then jumping right in. But for him, saying that you were going to be the best wasn't quite as smart. Perhaps he could help Quailpaw - she might be older, but she could have done with a filter. Sometimes keeping quiet about your opinions was best, even though he silently agreed with her when it came to the words she shared about StarClan and Surgestorm.

"I agree. They've had their time. But, you should learn to keep your maw shut about things like that - since Singenight's gone, there aren't many cats who share your opinions on our beloved medicine cat and precious StarClan. Maybe a time will come again when someone like Singenight will lead the Clan and make us stronger, feared and respected by the other Clans, and then we'll see where their StarClan gets them."

Knowing her opinion, he knew it was fine to speak like that. Besides! Mercurykit was keeping his voice low, making sure that she was the only one who could hear her words as a smirk spread across his maw. Oh yes, he liked this she cat. Now, if he could help her - or she could help him, rather - things would move along. His father would be proud of him. His siblings would be proud. And their feelings were the only ones that Mercurykit truly cared about - like, ever. "Sometimes saying nothing at all is twice as powerful as giving your opinion freely." He added in a lower voice, partly to himself, partly to Quailpaw. This was true. If you watched and listened, taking in everyone's personal views, you could use that against them in the end... when the time came for you to do so.

Quailpaw had heard of Thrushflight and Carmelblood- and she admired them. Not over the top, but enough to give them the respect they deserved. Something the tabby feline didn't dish out too often. "Sometimes having a family like that is what makes you stronger." She herself had come from a pretty screwed of family. With a mother who could be the whole Dark Forest herself, and siblings who did nothing but taunt and tease her. The only cat she had loved from her family was her father. And now he was dead, killed by a Dusk Syndicate cat. And Quailpaw knew that she would never forgive that cat or their relatives for what they did. Her father had been the only happiness she had left, and they ripped him away from her. And her adoptive mother was dead too, killed a few moons ago by a horrible sickness. She didn't know where her adoptive brother was, she hadn't seen him recently. The two were growing apart anyways. Sure enough, Quailpaw knew full well what it was like to come from a screwed up family.

At his comment about her "ambition" Quailpaw made no response, simply just nodded her head in silence. She wasn't the gloating type. Sure, she did it here and there, but what was the point of it? But as he advised her about her statement, she stared at him for a moment. Is a kit giving me advice? But she did agree with him. If she said things like that too loud, then the clan would start to question her loyalty. Not that she had any real loyalty. It was all fake, a facade that she put on so she could hold on to the protection of the clan until she was old enough and strong enough to go live on her own.

"Yes, I was only a newborn kit when Singenight was leader, but I know that he was a very respected leader among cats with minds of ambition and strength." But I wouldn't have pledged my loyalty to him. That was Quailpaw's policy. if she didn't trust anyone, she wouldn't have to fear the thought of getting that trust broken. Because there was no trust to break in the first place. Plus, if she didn't trust anyone, then she wouldn't get particularly close to anyone, and they wouldn't be able to use that as a weakness. Quailpaw had found out ways throughout her kithood and apprenticeship to find ways to eliminate any weakness own her own she found.

At his last piece of advice, Quailpaw thought about his words for a moment, rolling them around in her mind. She got two things out of it. One, Mercurykit was wise beyond his years, and two, maybe he could become some sort of... Ally to her. The tabby had never known there were still more cats with her mindset in Windclan. While he may not have her exact mindset, she figured his views were at least somewhat similar to her own. "I'll have to keep that in mind."

~~~~~~~~~~
@starfall
{Cloudedkit and Scorchingkit}

A small cream-colored pelt could be spotted curled up near the edge of the clearing. Cloudedkit's pale blue eyes were open wide, the only indication that he was not sleeping. Otherwise, the kit lay completely motionless, curled up in a tight ball. Ever since his mother, Searwhisper, had disappeared, Cloudedkit had become more and more closed off to the world. Sure, he still talked to others, but he never went up and initiated a conversation anymore. He wanted to make sure that the cats currently in his life wanted to stay there, and to do that, he had decided that he would sit at the edge of the clearing, and see who makes an effort to approach him and come talk to him. Those who did, he could start to trust. And those who didn't? Well... They would be losing a valuable friend.
Uncurling from his ball to stretch a bit, Cloudedkit closed his eyes for a moment as he let out a large yawn. An older kit, he was about the size of an apprentice. Cloudedkit wasn't larger or smaller, he was completely an average-sized tomcat. But then again, average size seemed to run in his family. His very... different family. With his father off being a rogue and doing who knows what, and his mother disappearing, Cloudedkit felt like his already small family was shrinking and becoming even more unstable. But Cloudedkit wasn't sure what to do to hold it together. He just hoped one of his littermates knew how.

Character Site
--
See the bottom of this page here for characters available to RP.
I respond to rps on Tuesdays, Friday mornings, and Sundays.

Last edited by RedHead; November 25th, 2017 at 09:28 PM.
Old November 26th, 2017, 10:29 AM
AHHH

Bump Policy: As much as you want lol
My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: WindClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
Setosekit nodded, tail twitching slowly from its place over per paws. Her sharp gaze followed his lean form as he retrieved his herb bundle. Flicking one of her black and orange ears, the she-cat blinked and leaned in closer. Didn't he want her to follow him? Assuming yes, the female got to her paws and made her way toward the backer edge of the cave. The young kit's nose twitched as the Sharon scent of many herbs filled her nose. It was definitely stronger back where the light didn't reach as strongly. It didn't bother her, though. I like this den. Setosekit thought as she lifted one paw far to keep from crushing a rather dry looking leaf. She assumed it had been bright green at one time. Nearing Surgestorm, she stood at his shoulder and looked closer at the bundle.

Bright eyes alert, despite the morning hour, Setosekit perked her ears, listening to him speak. See? Little yellow flowers. I use every little part of this plant to help heal our clanmates. The female kit smiled a little as she looked over the flowers. She she liked how he said our clanmates. It was true, even though they were his clanmate she much longer than they were hers. Nonetheless, they were all related, when it came down to it. "What do you use the petals for?" She asked. Personally, she would like to have played with them. Maybe practice hunting them until she could go out of the WindClan camp and actually stalk real, living, breathing prey. But, Setosekit knew that if the medicine cat use drugs it to heal their clanmates, than she need not dirty them. They might not be able to be used, for all she knew. @Zero to Hero
(Sorry for the delay, this week has been pretty hectic)

Surgestorm lowered his nose and sniffed softly at the delicate flower. It smelled sweet, but Surgestorm knew better than to be tricked by scents when it came to herbs. He knew the bitter taste of marigold well from chewing it into poultices so often. So well, in fact, that the taste was almost pleasant to him by now. "The petals and leaves can be mixed together to create a poultice that you apply to wounds to keep the infection away or to treat infection that is already in place," Surgestorm regurgitated the information automatically, almost reciting Turtleback's exact words from when he had been an apprentice learning these things. He had an exceptional memory... and he taught it to the new warrior apprentices every year, of course. "Just the juice can be used as well, but I prefer to apply all of the plant material to the wound because it seems to work better in my opinion." As he talked, he sorted through the stalks, placing them into two categories. He placed the pristine new flowers in a pile while cleaning up those that were crumpled and beyond useful, throwing them into the pile with his left-overs that were already in his storage. His paws worked quickly and efficiently, his yellow eyes gleaming with careful focus. It was clear that this was his job, his area of expertise.

I am here but not really rping too much at the moment. If you wanna chat, feel free to send me a visitor message on my profile!
Old November 26th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Confuzzled Weirdo

My Mood: Psychedelic

Default Re: WindClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftheart View Post
Flight kit shook the moss from her fur."I'm gonna get you now!" She meowed,trying to do silentkits tactic and repetidly throwing it,but it backfired on her and she just scattered her Moss around.She tried to gather some back up,but most of it was out of her reach.
"Submit to my wrath!" Silentkit yowled, pouncing toward Flightkit. She scooped the remains of the moss battle into a pile with her tail. Charging toward it like a bull, she hurdled through towards her sister. "AAAAAAAAAAAA! Shadowclan will pay!" She challenged in midair. She thought about how she looked right about then and immediately felt embarrassed. Oh, who cares?
Waffle.

Old November 26th, 2017, 04:52 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHead View Post

Quailpaw had heard of Thrushflight and Carmelblood- and she admired them. Not over the top, but enough to give them the respect they deserved. Something the tabby feline didn't dish out too often. "Sometimes having a family like that is what makes you stronger." She herself had come from a pretty screwed of family. With a mother who could be the whole Dark Forest herself, and siblings who did nothing but taunt and tease her. The only cat she had loved from her family was her father. And now he was dead, killed by a Dusk Syndicate cat. And Quailpaw knew that she would never forgive that cat or their relatives for what they did. Her father had been the only happiness she had left, and they ripped him away from her. And her adoptive mother was dead too, killed a few moons ago by a horrible sickness. She didn't know where her adoptive brother was, she hadn't seen him recently. The two were growing apart anyways. Sure enough, Quailpaw knew full well what it was like to come from a screwed up family.

At his comment about her "ambition" Quailpaw made no response, simply just nodded her head in silence. She wasn't the gloating type. Sure, she did it here and there, but what was the point of it? But as he advised her about her statement, she stared at him for a moment. Is a kit giving me advice? But she did agree with him. If she said things like that too loud, then the clan would start to question her loyalty. Not that she had any real loyalty. It was all fake, a facade that she put on so she could hold on to the protection of the clan until she was old enough and strong enough to go live on her own.

"Yes, I was only a newborn kit when Singenight was leader, but I know that he was a very respected leader among cats with minds of ambition and strength." But I wouldn't have pledged my loyalty to him. That was Quailpaw's policy. if she didn't trust anyone, she wouldn't have to fear the thought of getting that trust broken. Because there was no trust to break in the first place. Plus, if she didn't trust anyone, then she wouldn't get particularly close to anyone, and they wouldn't be able to use that as a weakness. Quailpaw had found out ways throughout her kithood and apprenticeship to find ways to eliminate any weakness own her own she found.

At his last piece of advice, Quailpaw thought about his words for a moment, rolling them around in her mind. She got two things out of it. One, Mercurykit was wise beyond his years, and two, maybe he could become some sort of... Ally to her. The tabby had never known there were still more cats with her mindset in Windclan. While he may not have her exact mindset, she figured his views were at least somewhat similar to her own. "I'll have to keep that in mind."

~~~~~~~~~~
@starfall
{Cloudedkit and Scorchingkit}

A small cream-colored pelt could be spotted curled up near the edge of the clearing. Cloudedkit's pale blue eyes were open wide, the only indication that he was not sleeping. Otherwise, the kit lay completely motionless, curled up in a tight ball. Ever since his mother, Searwhisper, had disappeared, Cloudedkit had become more and more closed off to the world. Sure, he still talked to others, but he never went up and initiated a conversation anymore. He wanted to make sure that the cats currently in his life wanted to stay there, and to do that, he had decided that he would sit at the edge of the clearing, and see who makes an effort to approach him and come talk to him. Those who did, he could start to trust. And those who didn't? Well... They would be losing a valuable friend.
Uncurling from his ball to stretch a bit, Cloudedkit closed his eyes for a moment as he let out a large yawn. An older kit, he was about the size of an apprentice. Cloudedkit wasn't larger or smaller, he was completely an average-sized tomcat. But then again, average size seemed to run in his family. His very... different family. With his father off being a rogue and doing who knows what, and his mother disappearing, Cloudedkit felt like his already small family was shrinking and becoming even more unstable. But Cloudedkit wasn't sure what to do to hold it together. He just hoped one of his littermates knew how.
Mercurykit would have to agree with her on that. Family was a strength - but it was also a weakness. Love was a weakness, for him - it wasn't strength. Some cats would argue against him, but he would stick firm to his beliefs. Love was - and always would be - the worst. Now, he wasn't against it, oh no - he had seen his parents together and knew that they had their own type of love. He understood it - at a young age, yes, Mercurykit was fully aware of what love was, what it meant, and what falling in it meant, but he was far too young to actually experience it. That might have been part of the reason that he called it a weakness, and he was so hasty to do that that he forgot his own rule: NEVER assume ANYTHING until you're ABSOLUTELY SURE of ALL the facts. The tom looked up at Quailpaw, his own eyes serious and calm, remaining unaggressive. It seemed the best way to form an alliance with this she cat was the more sophisticated approach.

Mercurykit had been watching other cats, mimicking their behaviors and he had split them up into groups... sort of like stereotyping, and then there were the cats who fit into several of those groups. There were cats who put up a happy facade in front of others, but showed signs of sadness - there were cats who acted angry, but then when they were around certain cats they were sweet and kind - and there were cats who looked the loneliest, but were so happy when someone came to spend time with them. Mercurykit didn't try to copy any of them, guessing they were manipulators like himself and he knew all too well what it was like to have to try and perfect multiple personalities to charm cats. He had to be careful. At the mention of Singenight, there was a hungry gleam in Mercurykit's eyes and he moved slightly closer to Quailpaw.

"Ah, our greatest leader. He changed WindClan for the better; made us stronger, wiped out the weak and disloyal." His voice was kept low, so that only she could hear it - like he had said, you should keep your voice low when speaking of things like that. Voice low and head down. Now, there was no mistaking that Mercurykit was a loyal cat. He was, in fact, quite obsessed with staying loyal. To his family and Clan, that was. His leader? Blazingstar might have been a clanmate, but to Mercurykit, he was no leader. Onyxwhisper was no deputy. They had been in charge for far too long already, and Dapplestar had been a fool to leave a joker in charge. Who did the tom think he was, pretending to lead the glorious Clan of WindClan?

Who did the tom think he was, acting like he was "so good?" Mercurykit wished that Thrushflight or Caramelblood were in charge of the Clan. The two toms would make WindClan strong again, because if there was one thing he had learned, it was that size wasn't everything. Thrushflight might have been small, but he had killed before and he was powerful. "Good." Was all the tom said, before his eyes returned to scanning the clearing. Today... today was a great day to be alive.

Morningpaw entered the clearing, a smile on her maw as always, and her golden fur neatly groomed. She generally didn't take the time to groom it - but now that she was getting older, it seemed that she cared more and more about her appearance every day. There was still a pleasant expression on her maw and she was still as sweet as ever. I hope I get some training done soon. I'm really- A yawn cut off her thoughts, and everything seemed to freeze for just a minute before she shook her head lightly and settled down, her tail curled around her paws. -tired. The recent battle had taken a toll on Morningpaw, as it had on all the members of the Clans, and she was hoping that ThunderClan would settle down some. She was no expert, but for her, she thought the leaders were acting a lot like bitter apprentices at the moment. Not that she would ever say that out loud. Still, it was hard to maintain a positive attitude at this time. Whoever was completely positive right now was either completely insane, lying, or they lived in their own little world where nothing could hurt them. Whatever it was, Morningpaw was pretty sure that was the type of cat you wanted to stick with. Some positivity was much-needed in these hard times. Her soft eyes glanced around the clearing, looking for a potential cat that she could speak with - perhaps a friend of hers? It'd be nice to have someone to talk to right now. Maybe Tawnypaw, Morningpaw distinctly remembered meeting the young cat before, and had very much enjoyed her company - or maybe someone else. Either someone that she didn't know, or someone that she hadn't seen in a while would be her preferred company.
@Queenie

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; November 26th, 2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old November 26th, 2017, 04:59 PM

My Mood: Bored

Default Re: WindClan Nursery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshawott King View Post
"Submit to my wrath!" Silentkit yowled, pouncing toward Flightkit. She scooped the remains of the moss battle into a pile with her tail. Charging toward it like a bull, she hurdled through towards her sister. "AAAAAAAAAAAA! Shadowclan will pay!" She challenged in midair. She thought about how she looked right about then and immediately felt embarrassed. Oh, who cares?
Flight kit tried to move out of the way,but got toppled over by silentkit.They rolled around,until flightkit ended up on the ground,struggling to get her sister off."In your dreams rabbit chaser!" Flightkit yowled,trying to sound like a shadowclan cat.She squirmed underneath her sister,trying to throw her off.

Please take them • If you want to contact me, please do it on discord
Old November 26th, 2017, 06:38 PM
The Only Unicorn Member

My Mood: Sad

@Lonestar23;

Bumblepaw timidly padded into the clearing. His bones had a sense of exhilaration from training with his mentor, and he itched to go back out again. But training was done for the day. The apprentice wanted to run to his siblings and tell them all about his training session but he didn't know where they were at all. So Bumblepaw silently kept the information to himself. His paws scraped anxiously at the dirt. He just had to tell someone! But he didn't personally know any of the cats in the clearing. He wondered if his mother was in the nursery with his little sister, maybe Brightkit would want to hear about his day...? However if he went into the nursery then the other queens would start fussing over him an Bumblepaw didn't want to have that kind of attention.

He caught site of a she-cat. He recognized her face, from the silent nights in the apprentices den... and the rowdy ones. She looked like she was looking for a stranger, he eyes looking around the clearing for someone to talk to. Bumblepaw heart stopped as he tried to will himself to make a new friend. However the thought of a judgmental tone, and matching eyes, made Bumblepaw cower in his overly fluffy fur. His knees wobbled and his eyes adverted their gaze. Maybe she wouldn't notice him? But the tom was in the middle of the clearing completely and utterly alone. Of course she'd notice him. And secretly that's what Bumblepaw wanted. He stole one glance her way and stared her straight in the eyes.

I have recently added a schedule to my site. If inquiring about my availability please check there.

Last edited by Queenie; November 26th, 2017 at 09:13 PM.
Old November 26th, 2017, 07:11 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: WindClan Training Moor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenie View Post
Bumblepaw let out an irritable screech. But quickly quieted down as his mentor approached him, embarrassed for more than one reason. One for falling in the first place. Two for yowling like a young kit. His friends always made fun of him for his obnoxious yowling, he didn't want Smokethorn to make fun of him too.

But Smokethorn didn't look ashamed, in fact he looked worried. Worried he took on too big of a project Bumblepaw thought to himself. The apprentice shook his head when asked if his paw hurt, choosing not to make a sound. Nothing hurt, not physically at least. It was just a little tumble. Except his dignity. His dignity took a shot in the heart.

He started to trot around Smokethorn, as asked, displaying no pain. But his head had down a downcast look glued to his small face. "I'm fine." Bumblepaw murmured. He was starting to wish there were trees on moor, so he could run and hide in their shadows. He always wished there were trees. The laughs of his friends echoes in his ears as he pictured them teasing him and pointing their tails at his goofs.
Smokethorn wasn't bothered by Bumblepaw's frustrated screech. Smokethorn knew how irritating it could be to screw up. Believe it or not, he's messed up more things than he can count, but he likes to think he came out okay. After all, he has a loving family, a proud clan, an apprentice with potential - what more can he wish for? Smokethorn was glad to see Bumblepaw was walking fine and could even trot with great ease. He released a sigh of relief, ``Good. I'd prefer not to see you hurt.`` Smokethorn was very much aware of Bumblepaw's embarrassment, but he was not going to acknowledge it in fear of bringing even more shame to the young tom.

``Okay, I like to start off my apprentices' apprenticeship by describing the other clans. Knowing all about your rivals and allies can be half the battle,`` Smokethorn meowed intelligently, rocking back on his haunches. He tucked his tail behind his paws, and sat with his spine straightened. A warm gleam was visible in his dark eyes, a friendly expression on his face, but his posture was a reminder that Smokethorn had serious intentions. ``We'll start with ThunderClan. Right now, they're our rivals. I don't know if you're aware of this, but WindClan is preparing for a battle against ThunderClan. ThunderClan is known as the clan of the fierce and brave, and their specialty in battle is forest-fighting. If you're ever fighting a ThunderClan cat, try not to give them the advantage by fighting in the undergrowth. ThunderClan cats are not as speedy as us WindClan cats, so use your agility and swiftness against them. And be aware of their strength - do not let them pin you; you will not easily dislodge them. Maybe if I'm able to teach you a decent amount of battle techniques before the battle, I'll let you fight beside me.`` Smokethorn didn't expect to be able to teach Bumblepaw so much in such little time, and he honestly preferred not to see his apprentice in battle quite so soon, but he'd try his best.

Smokethorn didn't leave much time for Bumblepaw to ask questions or state comments as he jumped into the topic of ShadowClan. ``ShadowClan are known to be wily and proud. Currently, we are neutral with them, neither rivals nor allies. They tend to do everything in the dark - hunting, fighting. They use the dark to their advantage and are very stealthy, so if you ever have to fight one in the darkness, rely on your instincts and skill. If you are fighting one in the light, use your speed against them.

Now RiverClan is the clan of the clever and strong. They are also the clan of swimmers. Never fight one near water, as they will use the water against you. If you are fighting in the water, simply fight your best and do not take risks. Surrender if you must. Outside of water, RiverClan cats can be rather slow, but they are strong and clever. Do not allow them to pin you; they will be difficult to push off.

SkyClan is a very new clan, and the four other clans do not know much about them. I know they are very agile and determined. They use the trees to their advantage, so when fighting one, do not let them get to a tree. Also, you must have sharp senses when fighting one as they are agile and can easily catch you off balance. Fight them based off instinct.``

Smokethorn paused, briefly running over everything he just said. ``Now, I know each cat is their own feline and have different skills than their clan represents. A RiverClan cat might not be strong, but might be swift. As we train, I will teach you to study your opponent before and during battle. This way you can decide on how you'll fight them, and what skill you should rely on. I'll teach you everything you need to know, Bumblepaw. Do you have any questions? Anything at all?`` Smokethorn wanted to hear Bumblepaw say something, anything, even a comment. He wanted to hear what his apprentice thought of training.

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; November 26th, 2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old November 26th, 2017, 07:45 PM
The Only Unicorn Member

My Mood: Sad
Default Re: WindClan Training Moor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post

Smokethorn wasn't bothered by Bumblepaw's frustrated screech. Smokethorn knew how irritating it could be to screw up. Believe it or not, he's messed up more things than he can count, but he likes to think he came out okay. After all, he has a loving family, a proud clan, an apprentice with potential - what more can he wish for? Smokethorn was glad to see Bumblepaw was walking fine and could even trot with great ease. He released a sigh of relief, ``Good. I'd prefer not to see you hurt.`` Smokethorn was very much aware of Bumblepaw's embarrassment, but he was not going to acknowledge it in fear of bringing even more shame to the young tom.

``Okay, I like to start off my apprentices' apprenticeship by describing the other clans. Knowing all about your rivals and allies can be half the battle,`` Smokethorn meowed intelligently, rocking back on his haunches. He tucked his tail behind his paws, and sat with his spine straightened. A warm gleam was visible in his dark eyes, a friendly expression on his face, but his posture was a reminder that Smokethorn had serious intentions. ``We'll start with ThunderClan. Right now, they're our rivals. I don't know if you're aware of this, but WindClan is preparing for a battle against ThunderClan. ThunderClan is known as the clan of the fierce and brave, and their specialty in battle is forest-fighting. If you're ever fighting a ThunderClan cat, try not to give them the advantage by fighting in the undergrowth. ThunderClan cats are not as speedy as us WindClan cats, so use your agility and swiftness against them. And be aware of their strength - do not let them pin you; you will not easily dislodge them. Maybe if I'm able to teach you a decent amount of battle techniques before the battle, I'll let you fight beside me.`` Smokethorn didn't expect to be able to teach Bumblepaw so much in such little time, and he honestly preferred not to see his apprentice in battle quite so soon, but he'd try his best.

Smokethorn didn't leave much time for Bumblepaw to ask questions or state comments as he jumped into the topic of ShadowClan. ``ShadowClan are known to be wily and proud. Currently, we are neutral with them, neither rivals nor allies. They tend to do everything in the dark - hunting, fighting. They use the dark to their advantage and are very stealthy, so if you ever have to fight one in the darkness, rely on your instincts and skill. If you are fighting one in the light, use your speed against them.

Now RiverClan is the clan of the clever and strong. They are also the clan of swimmers. Never fight one near water, as they will use the water against you. If you are fighting in the water, simply fight your best and do not take risks. Surrender if you must. Outside of water, RiverClan cats can be rather slow, but they are strong and clever. Do not allow them to pin you; they will be difficult to push off.

SkyClan is a very new clan, and the four other clans do not know much about them. I know they are very agile and determined. They use the trees to their advantage, so when fighting one, do not let them get to a tree. Also, you must have sharp senses when fighting one as they are agile and can easily catch you off balance. Fight them based off instinct.``

Smokethorn paused, briefly running over everything he just said. ``Now, I know each cat is their own feline and have different skills than their clan represents. A RiverClan cat might not be strong, but might be swift. As we train, I will teach you to study your opponent before and during battle. This way you can decide on how you'll fight them, and what skill you should rely on. I'll teach you everything you need to know, Bumblepaw. Do you have any questions? Anything at all?`` Smokethorn wanted to hear Bumblepaw say something, anything, even a comment. He wanted to hear what his apprentice thought of training.
Bumblepaw shuddered at the mention of Thunderclan. He knew all about the battle that had waged at the gathering and how the two clans were about to be at each others throats, from the other apprentices. His own litter mates had excitedly decided themselves to somehow take part in the battle even though the three were just starting their apprenticeship. Bumblepaw wasn't sure totally. He wanted to be safe, but he wanted to help his clan too. Silently he placed his life in Smokethorns paws. If his mentor believed him ready, then Bumblepaw would believe in himself too.

Shadowclan scared Bumblepaw, he didn't know their warriors worked well in the dark. The small apprentice shuddered at the thought of fighting in the shadows of trees, not being able to see, feeling suffocated by the overhang of branches... Bumblepaw suddenly took back his wish about wanting trees on the moor. Riverclan unnerved Bumblepaw too. The idea of fighting a cat who could swim... Well Bumblepaw wished he'd never fight a Riverclan warrior by their namesake. So much could go wrong. He shivered at the thought. Bumblepaw listened intently as Smokethorn moved onto Skyclan. He remembered when the new clan arrived He'd been very young, and was confused at the fact.

Bumblepaw looked on at Smokethorn as the tom finished, his maw agape with wonder. How on earth would the apprentice remember all of this? There was so much information! He felt his pelt spike with excitement and eagerness to learn. Bumblepaw had so many questions! Embarrassment aside his mouth started pouring out questions. His brain rattled with so many his voice could barely keep up.

"Do Shadowclan cats really eat rats and frogs? Can Riverclan cats breath under water? Have you ever tasted a fish? Where did Skyclan come from? Whats a gathering like?" But the question that seemed the most important to Bumblepaw was, "why are we fighting Thunderclan?" He finally paused wanting to hear Smokethorns answer.

I have recently added a schedule to my site. If inquiring about my availability please check there.
Old November 26th, 2017, 09:50 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: WindClan Leader's Den

@AbsurdJinx

Blazingstar was taken aback momentarily by the she-cats words, he didn't have anything to say and his bewilderment only showed for a split-second. Could she had been lying to keep him on his toes? She was already good enough at that, first the yelling at him thing and now these words? Surely Fawnskip didn't mean anything by it! His hesitation stayed for a few heartbeats before he mustered up the words to respond. He took note of her smirk, perhaps that was the giveaway she was lying? Although, he couldn't assume with her. "Well.." he began, averting his gaze from her towards his paws where he allowed his tongue to rasp over them. He didn't need her seeing his eyes in that moment, so he kept himself busy until he could blankly stare at her again. Which -- might I add -- he did after two tongue rasps. "That's quite the shame, Fawnskip. However, if that is what you want to let yourself believe, then so be it, I'll respect that," he finished, his voice monotone the entire time.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old November 26th, 2017, 10:07 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Default Re: WindClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubinaito View Post
Rosethorn walked nearby, the rose-colored molly looking over at the leader with concern and worry. She moved closer, brushing up against him in a silent offer for him to lean on her and allow her to take some of his weight, hopefully to keep some of the pain off of his injured side. Her blue eyes were cloudy, the pools filled with mixed emotions; regret, for not being able to get to Blazingstar in time; hatred for the former Dusk Syndicate, especially Hades; concern and worry for the tom limping beside her, whom would be dead had he not been a leader; uncertainty for how her clanmates would receive her, with her Dusk Syndicate background and the recent attack; and finally, utter fear for Blazingstar's mental and physical health, having lost two lives within the span of only a few days. She rose her eyes to look over at the horizon, pausing ever so slightly to watch the sun peek over the horizon and send rays of pink and orange across the sky, a spectacular show of color that sent relief through Rosethorn. She was thankful to be alive after such an intense battle so that she could continue seeing the beautiful sunrises and sunsets that she had taken for granted. A heavy sigh escaped her maw and she turned back to look at Blazingstar, her footsteps heavy and her demeanor quiet. "So many clan lives." She murmured, her voice hushed. "So many new stars in the sky." She looked at him, her breath catching in her throat as she gazed into his deep brown eyes. Once more she was reminded why she had such an intense love for the tom; not because of his status or his looks, but because of his liveliness and personality which seemed drained from him at the moment. Rosethorn looked away, forcing herself to keep her mouth shut. Blazingstar didn't need a declaration of love and admiration at that moment; he needed comfort and a steady shoulder to support his injured side. "We're almost there." She spoke softly, looking at the camp entrance, still a good distance away but visible nevertheless. The silence continued for a few more moments before she looked at him again. "What are you thinking?"

Blazingstar sighed, obviously agreeing with the she-cat. She'd proven herself tonight. Fighting her former allies. It was apparent that her loyalty to the Dusk Syndicate was no more and she truly was committed to Windclan, otherwise Blazingstar would be dead right now. There was no doubt in that, so as Blazingstar turned to look at the pretty she-cat, he saw her in a new light. A trusting one. "There may be many new stars, but none joined in vain as the Dusk Syndicate is no more. There is no more danger for the clans as a whole anymore, however the fight isn't over for Windclan. We must be prepared constantly right now," he replied, his gaze shifting to the sunrise. The clan would mourn their losses all day, but right now, they just had to get back. Surgestorm had his paws full, that's for sure, but Blazingstar would be the last to see him -- if he could help it. His golden gaze didn't turn back to her as they continued on to camp, his tail dragged slightly on the ground as his limp slowly got worse. He wouldn't be using that leg here soon enough, but he wouldn't let anyone know that until he was back in the den. "The only thing I can think about right now is how we're going to deal with Thunderclan," he responded again. His voice grew darker as the words left his mouth. "They'll pay for their wrongs, I'm visiting the other clans as soon as I can. We need allies," he finished, sounding determined at that moment. Blaizngstar wouldn't allow Windclan to lose this fight, he'd fight till every one of his lives were gone to prove that.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Closed Thread