Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Warriors Discussion

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Clan Name Game
by Topaz
Last post by nyx
Today 09:48 AM
otter in shark infested...
by nyx
Last post by nyx
Today 09:42 AM
Character interaction and...
Last post by Blazing
Today 09:40 AM
Silentpaw Everything...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 09:26 AM
Sweet Nightmares... [P]
by Tiabirb
Last post by Tiabirb
Today 09:01 AM

Old October 30th, 2017, 02:03 PM

Default Other Clans

I'm not sure if this is gonna be a popular opinion, but I'd actually REALLY like a book series that focuses on/in a clan OTHER than Thunderclan. At this point, all the clans hate Thunderclan because they are always getting the "special" cats and are always getting the prophecies and think they are so much better. Honestly, I can't blame them. The Erins have hyper focused them and so the other clans are left in the shadows.

I actually tried to make a D and D game with Warriors cats, and couldn't functionally make race variants for Riverclan because I know almost nothing about them other then "they swim".

I'd really like one full series in Riverclan or Shadowclan or Windclan. Or even Skyclan. Just something that brings the otherclans back into the picture as major roles so it's not "The Thunderclan Series. Oh. And those other guys sometimes for conflict."

Anyone else have any input on this?
Old October 31st, 2017, 04:57 PM
Open to RP Whenever

My Mood: In Love

Default Re: Other Clans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughwolf View Post
I'm not sure if this is gonna be a popular opinion, but I'd actually REALLY like a book series that focuses on/in a clan OTHER than Thunderclan. At this point, all the clans hate Thunderclan because they are always getting the "special" cats and are always getting the prophecies and think they are so much better. Honestly, I can't blame them. The Erins have hyper focused them and so the other clans are left in the shadows.

I actually tried to make a D and D game with Warriors cats, and couldn't functionally make race variants for Riverclan because I know almost nothing about them other then "they swim".

I'd really like one full series in Riverclan or Shadowclan or Windclan. Or even Skyclan. Just something that brings the otherclans back into the picture as major roles so it's not "The Thunderclan Series. Oh. And those other guys sometimes for conflict."

I agree completely!! My personal favorite clan is ShadowClan!
Old November 1st, 2017, 09:50 AM
Bringer of Shock

My Mood: Happy

I would love more on RiverClan I know a ton about them Such as most Riverclan cats are Maine Coons and Purebred RiverClan warriors have Webbed Paws.

In spite of all, cold as ice! In spite of all, hard as stone!
In spite of all, it would seem...
in spite of all, we're but a dream.
Hear our plea, you must! (You must!)
Please return our hearts to us!
Old November 1st, 2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister Scarwings View Post

I agree completely!! My personal favorite clan is ShadowClan!
I've seen glimpses into Shadowclan and love the darker aspects. It would be fascinating to see an entire series of the day to day life and the differences in how they follow the warrior code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asriel Dreemurr View Post
I would love more on RiverClan I know a ton about them Such as most Riverclan cats are Maine Coons and Purebred RiverClan warriors have Webbed Paws.
I didn't know that most of them are Maine Coins! That's really interesting. I would love to know more about their general clan behavior and social interactions and stuff. They've always seemed really cool to me.

Last edited by BEAR.; November 1st, 2017 at 10:43 AM. Reason: double post merge
Old November 1st, 2017, 04:29 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

unfortunately, it's unlikely we'd get much more than another super edition based in another clan about a "fan/erin favorite" that we already know (and we've already gotten some of those -- tigerheart, tallstar, crowfeather (not released)).

i don't think they'd attempt to do more with the other clans unless the profits they're getting from the books they're currently writing plummet from a loss of interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asriel Dreemurr View Post
as far as i know, this is just a fan headcanon and doesn't apply to the books.

wolfhive
Old November 2nd, 2017, 11:43 AM
GrassPaw

My Mood: Cheerful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughwolf View Post

I agree! We should have one on RC because of MistyFoot and FeatherTail and Stormfur And one on SC because of TawnyPelt and TigerStar and BrokenTail. And WC because of CrowFeather and OneStar and WebFoot
Old November 2nd, 2017, 02:48 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Well the new story focuses alot of Shadowclan it'd about 50% of the attention on Shadowclan other 50% Thunderclan.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old November 2nd, 2017, 02:54 PM
Man! The man is NONSTOP!

My Mood: Yeehaw

Luckily with the vision of shadows we got a slice of life from shadowclan with violetkit/paw. :") i want other clans too.....
Old November 2nd, 2017, 03:07 PM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

I've always thought that!

But I mean, the cats we've grown to know and love are all in ThunderClan and have special stories and more interesting paths whereas the other clans aren't as interesting at the moment (except maybe SkyClan) cause I guess a lot of the cats in other clans are irrelevant I mean, who rembers Ivytail or Mosspelt if you know what I mean...none of these cats have real stories (not that we know of) that aren't really worth writing about and people will not be interested...sometimes I feel like these random cats Pop in/are added in just to keep the clans alive if you get what I mean...whereas pretty much everyone in ThunderClan are not random and have good stories and of course if they died it would be a big deal but if someone like I dunno Snowbird or Whitetail died, people would be like "wait who is is Snowbird again? Oh right...apparently she was like...a ShadowClan queen that usually babysat Tawnypelt's kits...huh..."
Old November 3rd, 2017, 02:00 AM

I do really like that this new series is pulling us into Shadowclan a lot more. It's a nice change of pace. I don't like, however, that they seem to be making it seem intentionally chaotic and dark. Reading Yellowfang's Secret (which I am in the middle of right now) Shadowclan actually seems VERY honorable and collected. And while they do seem incredibly fierce and intimidating they aren't inherently evil and in fact view Thunderclan as being the ones that would come in and attack. I'm not sure if there's supposed to be some kind of development for Shadowclan between Yellowfangs life and Violetkits, but the clan seems to have changed a great deal.

There are a few stories in the other clans that seem interesting. Like Crowfeather's other kids, that hate their siblings SO much for seemingly no reason. Or Tawnypelt. I've noticed that they give us hints at a cats story and what COULD be fantastic character development and plot depth instead becomes throw away characters with a character flaw.

I just find it disappointing that the other clans are not used to their full potential. They could add so much more depth and heart to the books by granting us stakes in EVERY clan. Think about reading about a battle, knowing, deeply, the cats on both sides. Knowing both feel they have the right to be fighting. Knowing and relating to them and being heartbroken at EVERY death and not just the deaths on one side. Everything would have so much more weight to it. And I think that would make the books even better.