Last post by ramen
Today 02:31 AM

Old September 2nd, 2017, 10:57 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
The mottled feline looked up at Geckoleaf when she finally caught up to her, a bright grin stretched across her face. Unfortunately, Juniper was met with the saddest smile she's ever seen, resulting in Juniper's grin fading into a neutral line. She was very disappointed that her own mentor wasn't excited about her ceremony, but she refused to let despair swallow her. Juniperpaw straightened her posture, narrowing her eyes in determination. Now that her excitement had calmed down, she realized that Geckoleaf would not be overexcited about having a third apprentice - especially when she'd bonded so closely with her former one. Of course Geckoleaf was grieving! And it was still so soon since Cricketpaw's death, but Geckoleaf had still chosen her as her apprentice. Much to Juniper's disappointment, she'd have to be patient with her mentor. She couldn't expect instant joy.

Juniperpaw smiled softly, somewhat nervously, when Geckoleaf asked if she were ready. No, I'm not ready, but I don't think I ever will be. The role she was signing up for was a lot of responsibility. Many of her clanmates - and even cats from other clans - will rely on her. Of course I'm ready! Just stop making myself nervous. I'm readier than ready. I was born ready. I've got this. Gazing up at Geckoleaf, green eyes gleaming with excitement, Juniper knew she was prepared for the challenge ahead of her. ``Yes.``
Geckoleaf saw the change in her apprentice's face; the darkening of eyes, slight despair, and sadness. And the medicine cat could guess why; she wanted her mentor to be as excited and happy as she was, as ready for the future and brave, too. But, of course, Geckoleaf wasn't living up to that expectation. She swallowed down a lump of guilt, and looking at Juniperpaw with soft blue eyes, began to speak. "Juni, my dear, I apologize for being so... withdrawn." At this she shuffled her paws slightly, feeling awkward and miserable. Her ears flattened, and a quiet huff escaped her lips. "I'm assuming that you have heard of what happened to both Arcticpaw and Cricketpaw. The thing is, you never met either of them, and wouldn't understand how dear they were to me, and I simply lost both of them. One day, Arcticpaw vanished; disappeared like a wisp of cloud. Cricketpaw... well, Cricketpaw..." Geckoleaf paused, stiffened, back straightening, a somber emotion clouding her whole figure. "She was murdered, and I saw her day. She died while I was with her... and I don't want anything to happen to you. So I do apologize for lacking a certain quality of effervescence at the moment, but I do assure you, Juniperpaw, that you will come to a point where I am possibly your closest companion. I chose you on purpose, of course."

The fiery tabby paused for a breath, and to let the full weight of her words settle into Juniperpaw. After a few moments of silence had passed, she continued on. "And so, I ask you again; this is your last chance to abort being a medicine cat before your training begins. Are you ready to take on the responsibilities this entails?"

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old September 3rd, 2017, 03:46 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post

Geckoleaf saw the change in her apprentice's face; the darkening of eyes, slight despair, and sadness. And the medicine cat could guess why; she wanted her mentor to be as excited and happy as she was, as ready for the future and brave, too. But, of course, Geckoleaf wasn't living up to that expectation. She swallowed down a lump of guilt, and looking at Juniperpaw with soft blue eyes, began to speak. "Juni, my dear, I apologize for being so... withdrawn." At this she shuffled her paws slightly, feeling awkward and miserable. Her ears flattened, and a quiet huff escaped her lips. "I'm assuming that you have heard of what happened to both Arcticpaw and Cricketpaw. The thing is, you never met either of them, and wouldn't understand how dear they were to me, and I simply lost both of them. One day, Arcticpaw vanished; disappeared like a wisp of cloud. Cricketpaw... well, Cricketpaw..." Geckoleaf paused, stiffened, back straightening, a somber emotion clouding her whole figure. "She was murdered, and I saw her day. She died while I was with her... and I don't want anything to happen to you. So I do apologize for lacking a certain quality of effervescence at the moment, but I do assure you, Juniperpaw, that you will come to a point where I am possibly your closest companion. I chose you on purpose, of course."

The fiery tabby paused for a breath, and to let the full weight of her words settle into Juniperpaw. After a few moments of silence had passed, she continued on. "And so, I ask you again; this is your last chance to abort being a medicine cat before your training begins. Are you ready to take on the responsibilities this entails?"
Juniperpaw realized that Geckoleaf had noticed her moment of disappointment, and she found herself wishing her mentor had not taken note. Guilt flooded her for feeling the way she had been feeling when Geckoleaf was suffering from something much worse - grief. Juniperpaw listened to the older feline carefully, ears erect and gazing into her mentor's gentle blue eyes. She was aware of what happened to both of the former medicine cat apprentices; most would say the RiverClan medicine cat apprentices just had very bad luck. But Juniperpaw didn't believe in luck or fate, as she believed everybody created their own luck and everyone was in control of their own lives. This is why she was going to prove everyone wrong - Juniperpaw would succeed Geckoleaf, and it would be because she worked for it, and not because luck was on her side.

She adjusted her posture confidently, straightening her spine and raising her head. Juniperpaw's eyes were narrowed with determination, and she also displayed Geckoleaf an equally-determined curl of the lips. ``Of course I am! I wouldn't be here if I weren't. And I just wanted to say that I'll always be here. You won't lose me, Geckoleaf. Now, let's do this.`` She playfully nudged her mentor's shoulder before looking to the stone in front of them through excitement-lit eyes.
Old September 3rd, 2017, 11:03 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Juniperpaw realized that Geckoleaf had noticed her moment of disappointment, and she found herself wishing her mentor had not taken note. Guilt flooded her for feeling the way she had been feeling when Geckoleaf was suffering from something much worse - grief. Juniperpaw listened to the older feline carefully, ears erect and gazing into her mentor's gentle blue eyes. She was aware of what happened to both of the former medicine cat apprentices; most would say the RiverClan medicine cat apprentices just had very bad luck. But Juniperpaw didn't believe in luck or fate, as she believed everybody created their own luck and everyone was in control of their own lives. This is why she was going to prove everyone wrong - Juniperpaw would succeed Geckoleaf, and it would be because she worked for it, and not because luck was on her side.

She adjusted her posture confidently, straightening her spine and raising her head. Juniperpaw's eyes were narrowed with determination, and she also displayed Geckoleaf an equally-determined curl of the lips. ``Of course I am! I wouldn't be here if I weren't. And I just wanted to say that I'll always be here. You won't lose me, Geckoleaf. Now, let's do this.`` She playfully nudged her mentor's shoulder before looking to the stone in front of them through excitement-lit eyes.
No matter how much Juniperpaw tried to hide it, Geckoleaf could see the carefully concealed waves of guilt and determination rushing through her. Lips pressing into a thin line, the fiery tabby forced herself to abstain from crying; she felt intensely sad that her apprentice's first steps into the world of medicine would not be as magical and exciting as Geckoleaf's were. Even the gentle shoulder-bump felt fake, forced; whether or not it actually was, it felt sad and remorse. She swallowed slightly and turned back towards the crystal. It was shining and beautiful; she was always shocked by the purity of it. The gentle glow had turned both of them a faded color, even looking ethereal.

Geckoleaf cleared her throat, and began speaking; "Juniperpaw, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat? (It is.) Then come forward. Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. She has come to chose the path of a medicine cat, and all that that entails. Juniperpaw wishes to understand the art of healing and medicine. Please, grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with your will. Allow her the foresight to discern how to best treat the patients she encounters. And mostly... allow her safety in all things." The last sentence was uttered very softly; it was the one thing she most desired for.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old September 4th, 2017, 05:12 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:

No matter how much Juniperpaw tried to hide it, Geckoleaf could see the carefully concealed waves of guilt and determination rushing through her. Lips pressing into a thin line, the fiery tabby forced herself to abstain from crying; she felt intensely sad that her apprentice's first steps into the world of medicine would not be as magical and exciting as Geckoleaf's were. Even the gentle shoulder-bump felt fake, forced; whether or not it actually was, it felt sad and remorse. She swallowed slightly and turned back towards the crystal. It was shining and beautiful; she was always shocked by the purity of it. The gentle glow had turned both of them a faded color, even looking ethereal.

Geckoleaf cleared her throat, and began speaking; "Juniperpaw, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat? (It is.) Then come forward. Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. She has come to chose the path of a medicine cat, and all that that entails. Juniperpaw wishes to understand the art of healing and medicine. Please, grant her your wisdom and insight so that she may understand your ways and heal her Clan in accordance with your will. Allow her the foresight to discern how to best treat the patients she encounters. And mostly... allow her safety in all things." The last sentence was uttered very softly; it was the one thing she most desired for.
A lot of Juniperpaw's joy was forced, her attempt at keeping herself from breaking down right then and there. It seemed the entire clan was against her, and she was helpless to do anything about it. She could've denied Geckoleaf's offer to be apprenticed by her, and maybe gain her clanmates' approval as a warrior apprentice, but her pride and determination convinced her to take the harder path, just to prove herself to everyone who said she couldn't... including Geckoleaf, and Russetstar, and probably every other cat in all the clans who knew Cricketpaw.

Juniperpaw stood tall as Geckoleaf spoke, staring at her mentor, searching for even the smallest amount of regret, for some sort of sign that she didn't exactly want Juniperpaw as her apprentice. And then she reminded herself that ignorance is bliss, and she quickly put an end to her search, instead focusing on the fact that she was receiving StarClan's approval - or disapproval, based on how things were going. Juniperpaw's gaze softened when Geckoleaf wished for her safety, taking the ginger she-cat's words as a sign that she wanted her as her apprentice. Purring, Juniperpaw found herself gently whispering, ``I'll fight with all I've got to remain at your side. Just - don't give up on me.``

Last edited by AbsurdJinx; September 4th, 2017 at 05:13 PM.
Old September 4th, 2017, 05:34 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
A lot of Juniperpaw's joy was forced, her attempt at keeping herself from breaking down right then and there. It seemed the entire clan was against her, and she was helpless to do anything about it. She could've denied Geckoleaf's offer to be apprenticed by her, and maybe gain her clanmates' approval as a warrior apprentice, but her pride and determination convinced her to take the harder path, just to prove herself to everyone who said she couldn't... including Geckoleaf, and Russetstar, and probably every other cat in all the clans who knew Cricketpaw.

Juniperpaw stood tall as Geckoleaf spoke, staring at her mentor, searching for even the smallest amount of regret, for some sort of sign that she didn't exactly want Juniperpaw as her apprentice. And then she reminded herself that ignorance is bliss, and she quickly put an end to her search, instead focusing on the fact that she was receiving StarClan's approval - or disapproval, based on how things were going. Juniperpaw's gaze softened when Geckoleaf wished for her safety, taking the ginger she-cat's words as a sign that she wanted her as her apprentice. Purring, Juniperpaw found herself gently whispering, ``I'll fight with all I've got to remain at your side. Just - don't give up on me.``
Another smile crossed her maw; this one was easy and gentle; there was no hint of melancholy or sadness. Just the vaguest feeling that this would work, and that Juniperpaw would be alright. "I have one word of advice to say before we embark; don't fight, Juniperpaw. I've learned that fighting, in life, only makes your existence harder. Instead, be like a sapling near the river's edge; root yourself strongly, and the fiercest flood won't be able to knock you over, alright? And I swear, I won't give up on you; I will try, with every fiber of my being, to keep you planted securely next to me."

Geckoleaf leaned forward, and gently licked her apprentice's shoulder; a sign of respect and something almost like gratitude. Straightening up, she offered another smile to her apprentice, then turned tail and slowly began padding out; she still walked with the tiniest of limps, after one of her legs had been badly fractured. But it was barely noticeable now and with her confident, lengthy stride, it seemed nothing had ever happened at all. The dirt underneath her, a strange crushed gray powder, was imprinted with what must have been thousands of paw prints; glancing down, she spotted some of Juniperpaw's, and her own. But, eventually, she excited the cave, blinking in the sunlight. She waited just a moment for her new apprentice, and they were off.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old September 8th, 2017, 07:04 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:

Another smile crossed her maw; this one was easy and gentle; there was no hint of melancholy or sadness. Just the vaguest feeling that this would work, and that Juniperpaw would be alright. "I have one word of advice to say before we embark; don't fight, Juniperpaw. I've learned that fighting, in life, only makes your existence harder. Instead, be like a sapling near the river's edge; root yourself strongly, and the fiercest flood won't be able to knock you over, alright? And I swear, I won't give up on you; I will try, with every fiber of my being, to keep you planted securely next to me."

Geckoleaf leaned forward, and gently licked her apprentice's shoulder; a sign of respect and something almost like gratitude. Straightening up, she offered another smile to her apprentice, then turned tail and slowly began padding out; she still walked with the tiniest of limps, after one of her legs had been badly fractured. But it was barely noticeable now and with her confident, lengthy stride, it seemed nothing had ever happened at all. The dirt underneath her, a strange crushed gray powder, was imprinted with what must have been thousands of paw prints; glancing down, she spotted some of Juniperpaw's, and her own. But, eventually, she excited the cave, blinking in the sunlight. She waited just a moment for her new apprentice, and they were off.
Juniperpaw was shocked when even the smallest hint of sadness vanished, replaced with a certain softness, a genuine smile. And like Geckoleaf, Juniperpaw felt that things would work out. Mouth stretched wide in a bright grin, she found herself almost stuck, unable to move or speak as she made sense of her mentor's words. And finally, when the older feline offered her shoulder a lick, Juniperpaw came out of it. She was unable to name the emotions in her mentor's touch, still struggling to realize that Geckoleaf did appreciate her, and was looking forward to their future.

And then she saw Geckoleaf flash her another smile before walking away from the glowing stone. Juniperpaw didn't want to leave yet. She cast a longing glance over her shoulder at the bright stone, green eyes sparkling in awe. After a few moments, she reminded herself that Geckoleaf was waiting. Wearing the happiest smile ever, Juniperpaw rushed to join her mentor's side. She barely noticed the vibrant gleam of the sun, joy overpowering all her senses. She could only walk beside Geckoleaf, every now and then glancing up at the older medicine cat, smiling softly.
Old September 20th, 2017, 04:24 PM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Goldeneye couldn't help but be nervous, he had suddenly been appointed leader after all! Halestar had just sort of...left, almost vanished, and he wished that the old leader could have been there to help him for longer. He didn't even have the hope of seeing her in Starclan, considering she hadn't died, at least, not that he had known. Stress had made Halestar leave, and Goldeneye wasn't sure whether he would be the same. He found himself stopping once, hyperventilating, before he took a shaky breath and calmed himself once again.

After a few more heartbeats, he saw a bright glow in the darkness. The Tom almost wanted to flinch away, but forced himself forward. As much as he wanted to turn back, he couldn't. Shadowclan needed a leader, and if he didn't step up now, worse things might happen. Nice act, trying to be brave the voice cut through his mind. It was a voice that was always bringing him down, taunting him, and he didn't know what had brought it there. He had been able to push it away for awhile, but here it was, back again. Bad timing. Horrible timing actually.

That didn't matter now. He had more important things to focus on, such as the fact that he was standing right in front of the crystal. Would Starclan approve of this? He had no idea. Maybe Halestar would come back! But maybe she wouldn't. She had pretty much resigned after all. Maybe he would be around longer than her. Sure, it was a weird thought, but he liked being deputy, he had been able to make so many new relationships, ones that probably would never even happened if this hadn't happened. The small tom had been happy for that.

As he pressed his nose against the stone, he panicked for a moment. Halestar. That was what his thoughts always came back to, and it probably shouldn't have happened. Well, he was finally able to quiet the voices in his head, and close his eyes. He felt calm, something he hadn't felt in forever, as he went unconscious.

When he opened his eyes, he could tell he wasn't in the Starcave anymore. He had no idea where he was. It couldn't be the dark forest, or he probably would have already been attacked. Well, then again, he didn't know anything about the dark forest really. That didn't matter. He was in Starclan. He really needed to stop doubting himself, even if it helped sometimes. The Tom padded forward slightly, taking everything in, his golden and green eyes widened slightly as he tried to take everything in, watching in awe.

He was here now, and there wasn't any going back.

(( @Random Melody; @Empress Of Evil @The Eye Of The Storm @Socks @starfall @Celestial @Chameleon @Charmer @Lily ))
(( @starfall you're up c: ))

Last edited by :blue:; September 20th, 2017 at 04:25 PM.
Old September 20th, 2017, 08:43 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✨Blue Wishes✨ View Post
Goldeneye couldn't help but be nervous, he had suddenly been appointed leader after all! Halestar had just sort of...left, almost vanished, and he wished that the old leader could have been there to help him for longer. He didn't even have the hope of seeing her in Starclan, considering she hadn't died, at least, not that he had known. Stress had made Halestar leave, and Goldeneye wasn't sure whether he would be the same. He found himself stopping once, hyperventilating, before he took a shaky breath and calmed himself once again.

After a few more heartbeats, he saw a bright glow in the darkness. The Tom almost wanted to flinch away, but forced himself forward. As much as he wanted to turn back, he couldn't. Shadowclan needed a leader, and if he didn't step up now, worse things might happen. Nice act, trying to be brave the voice cut through his mind. It was a voice that was always bringing him down, taunting him, and he didn't know what had brought it there. He had been able to push it away for awhile, but here it was, back again. Bad timing. Horrible timing actually.

That didn't matter now. He had more important things to focus on, such as the fact that he was standing right in front of the crystal. Would Starclan approve of this? He had no idea. Maybe Halestar would come back! But maybe she wouldn't. She had pretty much resigned after all. Maybe he would be around longer than her. Sure, it was a weird thought, but he liked being deputy, he had been able to make so many new relationships, ones that probably would never even happened if this hadn't happened. The small tom had been happy for that.

As he pressed his nose against the stone, he panicked for a moment. Halestar. That was what his thoughts always came back to, and it probably shouldn't have happened. Well, he was finally able to quiet the voices in his head, and close his eyes. He felt calm, something he hadn't felt in forever, as he went unconscious.

When he opened his eyes, he could tell he wasn't in the Starcave anymore. He had no idea where he was. It couldn't be the dark forest, or he probably would have already been attacked. Well, then again, he didn't know anything about the dark forest really. That didn't matter. He was in Starclan. He really needed to stop doubting himself, even if it helped sometimes. The Tom padded forward slightly, taking everything in, his golden and green eyes widened slightly as he tried to take everything in, watching in awe.

He was here now, and there wasn't any going back.

(( @Random Melody; @Empress Of Evil @The Eye Of The Storm @Socks @starfall @Celestial @Chameleon @Charmer @Lily ))
(( @starfall you're up c: ))
The old feline stepped out into the shadows, his green hues flickered with pride and joy. He knew that he wasn't formerly a Shadowclan member, but he was now a Starclan member, where no matter the background all cats were clanmates, all felines were family, he held this close to his heart. He knew that most leaders would be intimidated, no matter who they were viewed as, strong, serious, brave, all quiver slightly when one is told to hold such power in their paws with grace. So he decided, slightly before the ceremony, that the first thing Goldeneye would see was a smile, after all that's what he was remembered for, and he didn't want to be remembered as the rude serious one, no that was too boring. The grey Maine coon didn't die with tears in his eyes or with anger plastered on his face, no, he died smiling, not that the Shadowclan tom would know, but that didn't annoy the Wineclan warrior a bit.

Cypressmoon dipped his head in greeting to the new leader, his paws slightly gripping the ground before raised his head. He had seen the you ger feline every once in a while at gatherings, though he himself never went to speak with the tabby. The grey tom stepped closer to the other and grinned widely at the Shadowclaner, even the stars in his pelt seemed to glisten brighter as he smiled. "Hello Goldeneye, I'm delighted to officially meet you." the tom purred, his eyes shone with pure bliss and his tail flicked behind him. He was delighted that he hadn't been meeting the tom under another circumstance, it would have made it harder to cheer the other up.

The buff feline straightened his posture and looked down at Goldeneye, a smirk still evident in his face, trying to let the other know that he was a companion though they just met. Cypressmoon gently pressed his nose against the tabby's head and cleared his throats before he began. " Goldeneye, with this life I give you love. Use it well in showing your clan, as well as others, the warmth that can come from ones heart." he hummed, his voice low, sweet, accepting as he felt his life spill into the very core of the tabby tom, hoping that the new leader would feel the warmth and pure love that he himself felt in each passing second of his life, and even after his death.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old September 21st, 2017, 05:20 AM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfall View Post
The old feline stepped out into the shadows, his green hues flickered with pride and joy. He knew that he wasn't formerly a Shadowclan member, but he was now a Starclan member, where no matter the background all cats were clanmates, all felines were family, he held this close to his heart. He knew that most leaders would be intimidated, no matter who they were viewed as, strong, serious, brave, all quiver slightly when one is told to hold such power in their paws with grace. So he decided, slightly before the ceremony, that the first thing Goldeneye would see was a smile, after all that's what he was remembered for, and he didn't want to be remembered as the rude serious one, no that was too boring. The grey Maine coon didn't die with tears in his eyes or with anger plastered on his face, no, he died smiling, not that the Shadowclan tom would know, but that didn't annoy the Wineclan warrior a bit.

Cypressmoon dipped his head in greeting to the new leader, his paws slightly gripping the ground before raised his head. He had seen the you ger feline every once in a while at gatherings, though he himself never went to speak with the tabby. The grey tom stepped closer to the other and grinned widely at the Shadowclaner, even the stars in his pelt seemed to glisten brighter as he smiled. "Hello Goldeneye, I'm delighted to officially meet you." the tom purred, his eyes shone with pure bliss and his tail flicked behind him. He was delighted that he hadn't been meeting the tom under another circumstance, it would have made it harder to cheer the other up.

The buff feline straightened his posture and looked down at Goldeneye, a smirk still evident in his face, trying to let the other know that he was a companion though they just met. Cypressmoon gently pressed his nose against the tabby's head and cleared his throats before he began. " Goldeneye, with this life I give you love. Use it well in showing your clan, as well as others, the warmth that can come from ones heart." he hummed, his voice low, sweet, accepting as he felt his life spill into the very core of the tabby tom, hoping that the new leader would feel the warmth and pure love that he himself felt in each passing second of his life, and even after his death.
Goldeneye had been silent the whole time, unsure what to say or do. If he had seen another ceremony, he would have probably done it that way, even if it wasn't original, at least he knew what he should do. Following someone else, that was how he did things. He hadn't gotten the time to study how Halestar did things, so he was probably basically screwed. However, instead of the entire space seeming to close around him, like it usally did when he got this way, he found himself calm. That was a wonderful feeling. Warmth filled him, and that only added to his calmness. This was...well...he couldn't describe how he was feeling right now. It was a jumble of emotions that he couldn't single out. They came out of nowhere, replacing each other.

He had heard stories that some lives were more painful than others, and that remained a small sliver of fear in the back of his mind. After all, Starclan wouldn't save the worst live for last, right? Well, he didn't understand Starclan, maybe someday he would, but until then, he was stuck right where he was. Or, at least, until he had gotten eight more lives, then he would go back to Shadowclan, and do whatever. What did leaders do anyways? Maybe he shouldn't linger on that right now, he could ask Russetstar later, once their ceremony was over. He really shouldn't be thinking about other things, he knew, but this was how his mind always was-somewhere else. It was rare for all his thoughts to be in order. "T-Thank you," the tom stammered quietly, unsure what else to do or say, a smile on his face now, since he was calm for the first time in awhile.

(( @Celestial c: ))
Old September 21st, 2017, 05:20 PM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✨Blue Wishes✨ View Post

Goldeneye had been silent the whole time, unsure what to say or do. If he had seen another ceremony, he would have probably done it that way, even if it wasn't original, at least he knew what he should do. Following someone else, that was how he did things. He hadn't gotten the time to study how Halestar did things, so he was probably basically screwed. However, instead of the entire space seeming to close around him, like it usally did when he got this way, he found himself calm. That was a wonderful feeling. Warmth filled him, and that only added to his calmness. This was...well...he couldn't describe how he was feeling right now. It was a jumble of emotions that he couldn't single out. They came out of nowhere, replacing each other.

He had heard stories that some lives were more painful than others, and that remained a small sliver of fear in the back of his mind. After all, Starclan wouldn't save the worst live for last, right? Well, he didn't understand Starclan, maybe someday he would, but until then, he was stuck right where he was. Or, at least, until he had gotten eight more lives, then he would go back to Shadowclan, and do whatever. What did leaders do anyways? Maybe he shouldn't linger on that right now, he could ask Russetstar later, once their ceremony was over. He really shouldn't be thinking about other things, he knew, but this was how his mind always was-somewhere else. It was rare for all his thoughts to be in order. "T-Thank you," the tom stammered quietly, unsure what else to do or say, a smile on his face now, since he was calm for the first time in awhile.

(( @Celestial c: ))

Sitting Amoung the starry ranks she examined the young warrior below her. He was eager and quite prepared for it, somewhat but this life she would give would suite his life quite well. Very well actually. Not only this but she had given thought to it as well. It had applied to her life and even though she was from another clan she understood it better than any clan cat would. When the last warrior moved away for her the sucked in a breath. One day her son would be in his position, her eyes sparkled with GE ought of it. If she was lucky she would stand before her son like she was going to stand in front of goldeneye and give a life, whatever it may be. The she cat was a dark brown colour, her fur dragged along beneath her paws. It was almost a dark ember colour. Even a dark, dark, dark purple one would say. The previous queen leapt down by the side of the cave leaving her ancestors behind to join the living Tom for a moment. She would make sure he felt the pain of endurance so he knew what to expect. He would be forced to set aside personal affairs for it. To endure with the weight of many clanmates resting on his shoulders. The previous queen shook her shoulders as she slowed to a walk. Finally finding herself standing across from the Tom she dipped her head.

"Goldenye, you must learn that you must endure many things. Things you've never endured ever before even when it interferes with your personal affairs" she paused for a moment, her eyes sparkled with pride. She wasn't form Shadowclan but she felt as if she were, standing here and looking proud. "It takes sacrifice and strength, I see it in you" she said calmly. He was catious and almost doubtious when it came to being here. She blinked a final time and let her tail rest on his shoulder for a moment, her eyes shone brightly with enthusiasm. "From the very moment we saw you, starclan knew you were the one. And so with the Great honor I have, I give you the life of endurance" she mused. "The strength to carry on when nobody else can" she bent forward and touched her nose to his feeling a slight shock, than the most heart breaking feeling entered her chest and she felt it drain into him. This was going to hurt, and she felt deep down some pity. Once it felt like an eternity she pulled back and raised her head to him. "Goodluck goldeneye" she purred. "Let me be the first to say, congratulations goldenstar" she wasn't really counting how many lives had gone by or if anyone had said his name quite yet, but she wanted too.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Last edited by wren; September 21st, 2017 at 05:24 PM.