Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ShadowClan > ShadowClan Events

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Lucythecat
Today 09:30 AM
WindClan Apprentices' Den
by Ian
Last post by Kaybug.
Today 09:12 AM
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 09:11 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 08:58 AM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:48 AM
Closed Thread

Old July 15th, 2017, 07:04 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by woly View Post
Daypaw thought for a moment. They had never been asked that, and didnt really think about it often seeing as they lived in the forest their whole lives. "Youre not bounded by the gates of your twoleg gardens, you can roam with the grass under your feet anytime you wish, eat prey like this," Daypaw started. They stared outside of the medcat den,"Every cat is taken care of here, and so will you if you did your part. As a medcat, I am required to show hospitality to anyone that needs it, regardless if you are in the clans or not." their thoughts went back to Halestar. Even if the two hadnt talked much, she defended them when it was needed. They were a new medcat, not used to the idea of healing and picking herbs. Not ready to accept that Starclan chose them. The thought of the ancestors left a bitter taste in Daypaws mouth. The enby decided to ignore the subject of Starclan. It was Luckys choice if she wanted to believe it, not based on some stories another cat would tell her. "It may not be warm and comforted like your home, but here youre free, to explore, and be something that kittypets cant be," they paused, "a warrior."
Lucky listened very carefully as Daypaw spoke, her green eyes locked on the smaller cat as they talked about freedom and being wild as well as a sense of community and care among the cats who lived here. It all sounded very strange to her, but rather pleasant in a odd way. As much as Lucky enjoyed the time she spent with her housefolk, well, most of the time anyway... there was something very appealing about spending time in the company of other cats, helping each other, and trying to survive together. But as Daypaw spoke, she noticed the way Daypaw carried themselves that she didn't notice before, there was something about the small cat that seemed... haunted, some kind of dark cloud that seemed to hang over them. Lucky watched as it ebbed and waned and the medicine cat tried to balance her own thoughts with answering Lucky's question. Lucky's tail twitched as her curiosity gnawed at her, but she decided to say nothing about her observations. She already knew she liked Daypaw as a cat, it was hard not to do so considering she'd be dead on the forest floor now if not for them, but Lucky knew better than to impose on the other cat by prying into their feelings too much.

When Daypaw said the word, "warrior" there seemed to be an odd hint of something in the cat's voice... something that told her that what the medicine cat was describing was taken very seriously by clan cats. "A warrior? What's that?"

Last edited by Charmer; July 15th, 2017 at 07:07 PM.
Old July 15th, 2017, 09:00 PM
help i'm lost

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

Badgerpaw was somewhat surprised at her sudden movement, but the surprise faded to an amused purr when she commented on his height. "Just good genetics, I guess. Or maybe it's just that you're short," He teased with a friendly smile fixed on his features. Hopefully that wouldn't hurt her feelings - Lostpaw knew that he was just playing with her, right? If she couldn't see his expression, then she might think that he was making fun of her. But Badgerpaw wouldn't do that.

And to illustrate his playful point further, Badgerpaw grinned before making his next movement. The multicolored tom gave her a light nudge, bending his head down to do so - he hadn't really thought about it, but he guessed he was a lot taller then he had been when they had played as kits - and his expression changed to be a friendlier one. "Besides, at least one of us needs to be tall." He added, smiling once more. No, he didn't look down on his friend for being shorter. There was nothing wrong with it. Being short could be good, just like being tall... and sometimes Badgerpaw wished he were the former.

Only because it would be so much fun to get into small spaces and be alone there, and it'd be easier to hide... run... play... though he could do all of those things just fine, despite being taller. Her words made Badgerpaw feel worried. She'd had to live like that? "Hey, being short's not a bad thing! On the bright side, at least you'll never be to tall to get into your favorite hiding spot - although I guess that depends on where it is," Badgerpaw mewed with a smile. You made me complete.

One way or another - it might have been a rush of adrenaline or just something that came into his mind, but once more Badgerpaw lowered his head down and gently touched his nose to her ear. He wasn't quite brave enough to touch his nose against her own - but the movement was gentle, and sweet nonetheless.

"And you made me complete."
The gray cat hadn't realized what sh had said during her rambling until he repeated it. Even though he said the same exact thing to her, she suddenly fluffed up and angled her ears backward, at a loss for words at her foolishness. She really had to learn to stop rambling. It was a bad habit that always left her saying things she shouldn't'.
But, he also repeated the words back to her. Clearly, it worked in her favor.
"Ah, yeah. Best friends do that, right? I mean, of course they do. What are best friends for? Best friends make everyone feel more complete than anything else, right? Or is that a mate? Mates do that, not best friends. But that can't be right, because we aren't mates. We are just best friends. I don't remember anymore. I guess it can be both? It can be, right?" She was going on and on again. "Right, Badgerpaw? I'm not crazy, best friends can feel this way, too? It's not just a mate thing."
She had to stop saying the word 'mate.'
"Any cat can feel like this at any given time, yes! Feelings aren't role specific, they do whatever they want. Cats who hate each other can feel their heart racing when they are around each other. And cats that love each other can. And... and..." She drew off, running out of breath. She had talked way too much, and she was starting to realize that.
She wrinkled her nose, "Sorry, I talk too much. I'm just nervous. I don't know why. Don't ask, because I can't answer. Why am I nervous? Wait, if I don't know you definitely don't know. Ah! I need to stop. Sorry, sorry!"
Sh was embarrassed now.
Old July 15th, 2017, 10:18 PM

My Mood: Lurking

Cool Re: ShadowClan Training Ground

Quote:
Originally Posted by Constellation View Post

Honeythistle watched with amusement flaring in his hues as he saw Whitepaw run 'round and 'round. It was a sight to behold! And, something that should definitely teach the tom a lesson when it comes to being late. Honeythistle hated when others tried to cross him, like he wasn't serious. He was a well-respected warrior. His father held the most respect. Many cats were afraid of Barkfang--and, could Honeythistle deny them? Not at all. Honeythistle grew up with that overbearing tom. Yet, Honeythistle had a strict mentor himself while growing older. The one who always wanted him to fight, to kill, so Honeythistle thought all his apprentices should learn such moves. Just as Honeythistle done when he was younger.

''You can stop when I tell you to stop, which will be when you stop asking me if you can stop!'' His voice boomed throughout the lands as he stood up to his paws, his fur coming down. Honeythistle knew he was being quite hard on Whitepaw. Whitepaw was no different than any other apprentice that he would had taught. Honeythistle wished he could take on two of his older sons. The recently made warriors were rambunctious that hardly held an inch of respect for anyone. Since they were young, only fourteen moons, Honeythistle figured they would play around. That's how he was when he was their age, but now he was older, and he grew tired of such behavior. Though the tom could handle Crimsonblaze's flirty manner, but Royalflash's recklessness? Oh, no.

The tom was deep in his thoughts, forgetting for a moment that he had an apprentice to train. He blinked his eyes, thinking about his family. Three of his mates were bound to the nursery den giving birth in such close proximity of each other. Though his recent eldest litter just turned one moon, while his other little ones were still suckling from their mother; eyes and ears still shut. Thinking about his kits always made the tom soft for a moment. Just wanting to see them after a long day and play with them whenever he gets the chance. And, though he had more daughters than sons, this tom felt no different. Yes, they were taught to believe females were inferior to toms. This was what he grew accustomed to, and he knew his daughters wouldn't cross that boundary. And, his mates were well-behaved anyway. Well...Strawberrythorn got on his nerves constantly.

The tom greenish-yellow optics snapped open, looking at his apprentice. The tom watched as Whitepaw wasn't moving, and this made him angry. Getting back to his paws, the large tom leapt forward, aiming to pin Whitepaw against the ground with a paw held up to his throat. ''Why do you always think I'm playing with you?'' He seethed, his voice dark. Honeythistle tried to be an understanding tom. He wanted to be a good teacher, but force and order was important to the tom. He had received the same rough treatment from his own mentor, Shadeburrow. The one tom that everyone feared during his younger years.

Honeythistle breathed in deeply, calming himself down. ''Next time, there might be claws involved.'' He tells him, letting the younger tom get up. Honeythistle stood up, pacing around the training grounds as he thought about what to do next. ''Since you like to play around apparently, how about...'' He searched the area, his eyes landing on a thick branch as he went over towards it and latched his jaws around it, pulling it towards Whitepaw. As he set it in the position he wanted, and allowed one of his paws to feel the sturdiness of it. The tom knew this branch would do. It was large, thick, and powerful; probably hard to break for a pipsqueak such as Whitepaw. Honeythistle lashed his tail, stepping back towards Whitepaw. ''I want to know how sharp your claws can cut that branch in half. If you can do that, I grant that I teach you a few battle moves. Sounds fair enough?'' For Honeythistle, cats had to constantly prove themselves to him. After all, this tom knew he was very grand.
He saw Honeythistle lost in thought and stopped, breathing, trying to catch his breath but then he spoke to him, Whitepaw snarled. "This is stupid! I swear, when I'm leader, I'll ban running stupid laps!" And through you out of the clan you overgrown rat! he thought to himself, eyes narrowing in anger. He was done biting his tongue, now he was going to let loose. "Shouldn't you teach me? Shouldn't you treat me with some kind of respect instead of punishing me for something so small? Don't you know who I am? Who my mother is? If I tell her you did this she'll surely punish you!" he snapped walking towards the large tom. Size never intimidated him- nothing really did. "And what if I tell Goldeneye too? Double punishment!" He snarled. His muscles ached, and he knew that him being worn out would be a big disadvantage if he decided to attack. Hearing his deal he growled and stepped to the stick. He thought about whether it would be worth it but he needed to relieve his anger anyways. So he lifted his paw, unsheathed his claws, and he sliced at the branch. He only was able to cut it halfway. He looked up at the tom. "Isn't that enough? I don't even know how to fight because someone won't train me, so isn't that impressive enough?" He asked, anger flowing in his voice.

{ sorry its short }
Old July 16th, 2017, 06:19 AM

Cool Re: ShadowClan Clearing

{ @The Eye Of The Storm }

The enemy sat down, unaware, licking his wounds from battle, but the battle was not over. Bi-coloured eyes peered at the enemy, muscles tensed, eyes narrowed, he was so close to lunging when, as if he knew, the enemy jumped up, and tried to get away. Now! He sprung forward, paws outstretched before him, and as his paws pattered on the stone his enemy was on, he lifted his paws slowly and peeked under them. And his eyes widened and he gasped! He looked up, and there, on a flower the enemy sat, laughing at his fail. He crouched down, and sprung forward, just like before, but again he missed! He looked about, and he saw him. On the stone. He lowered down, his eyes filled with hunger, shoulders shifting under his pelt, pupils narrowed, and they widened just as he wa second before he lunged! Pitter Patter his pads made and again he peaked under his paws snd he growled.

"Dangit!" He meowed, looking up, seeing the 'enemy' fly off. He huffed and slipped off the stone and began to make his walk to his spot. He grabbed a vole and flopped down, tired, bored, and his mother was still out and about. Oh well, at least he had the butterfly. Well, he used to. He looked at the vole and pawed it a bit, and as it moved he flung both paws on it, and he did this again and again, until he began tossing his prey in the air, catching it, then tossing again. He smiled but quickly this became boring too, so he ate his fill and decided to sleep his boredom off. He layed down, closed his eyes, and he let his mind drift, but his mind never shut off. He was too hyper to sleep! He grumbled and his head dropped to his paws as he deeply huffed, eyes scanning for company.

The small apprentice wasn't too well liked, since he loved aggravating people, and he always ran to Halestar or Goldeneye for protection. Not that he's a coward, he's more fearless than his own mother some times. He just doesn't want to tend to wounds or scar up his beautiful pelt. Who would? The Khao Manee was a near definition of his name- White Gem. His pelt sparkled like diamonds flowed in every strand, his ears ans nose were perfectly pink and hisnpeltf was stunningly well kept- not stain nor scar cut through it. He was just plain beautiful.
Old July 16th, 2017, 06:36 AM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Moonfang:. View Post

"It will be soon! Goldeneye says I have all the potential to become a leader! And did you know, if I had an apprentice and if I weren't so small, my mama would have made me deputy?" He said coolly and cockily. Leave it to him to bring up stuff from when he was a kit to make him sound cool. He thought he was. A deputy for a best friend, a leader for a mother- he was all set to become the worlds greatest leader of all time. "Nice name." He said, and smiled at the smokey oriental, and he lowered his head with him, and as he asked, he cocked his head. "Do what? Track?" he inquired, his bi-coloured eyes gleaming with curiosity. He was a pretty good tracker, but only to other apprentices. He wasn't nearly good according to his mentor. He disliked Honeythistle and was glad Goldeneye let him get away with skipping training. He even took him hunting to help him impress his mentor! He liked Goldeneye alot, and he is the most happy with him being the deputy. They had alot in common, unlike the two before, and he's a tom! The others were mollies. He hoped his mother would stick with Goldeneye, he was so much better suited for the rank. Now Moon dance we was cool, but he didn't know her well, and he never met Cloverwhisker. But being young, he was lead to believe himself they were not well suited. But Goldeneye, now he was! "Yeah, I can. Goldeneye taught me a little bit on how." He said cockily, lifting his head high.
Northernpaw tilted his head to one side in confusion. Could queens just do that? Make apprentices deputies? He wasn't so sure that was how it worked, though he wasn't sure, since he'd left his mother when he was rather young. “Goldeneye? Isn't that the deputy now, or is it somebody else?” he asked, as Northern had a hard time keeping track of all the different deputies Halestar had gone through, and wasn't sure whether Goldeneye was the deputy, or if it was somebody else now. Northernpaw grinned, flicking his tail in unspoken thanks, his yellow hues gleaming. He looked nat Whitepaw, already feeling that one day soon, the two would be very good friends, which was something that hadn't crossed the former RiverClanner's mind in a very long time, several moons perhaps. “Yeah. I'm no good at it.” Northernpaw laughed quietly, his hues dancing with amusement. He didn't realize that it wasn't that he just wasn't good, but it was that he had no sense of smell at all, and never had. The dark furred silvery and gray tomcat bounced around on his paws, not quite sure what else to say, some waited for Whitepaw to speak, curious about what the white tom with two different colored eyes would say. He thought it was quite cool, Whitepaw's eyes. “That's great! Is Goldeneye your mentor then?” Northern meowed, almost excitedly, but not quite as he looked down at the smaller apprentice, which felt odd since he was tall for his age.

Last edited by doghouse; July 16th, 2017 at 06:36 AM.
Old July 16th, 2017, 01:26 PM

Cool Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skjoldolfr View Post

Northernpaw tilted his head to one side in confusion. Could queens just do that? Make apprentices deputies? He wasn't so sure that was how it worked, though he wasn't sure, since he'd left his mother when he was rather young. “Goldeneye? Isn't that the deputy now, or is it somebody else?” he asked, as Northern had a hard time keeping track of all the different deputies Halestar had gone through, and wasn't sure whether Goldeneye was the deputy, or if it was somebody else now. Northernpaw grinned, flicking his tail in unspoken thanks, his yellow hues gleaming. He looked nat Whitepaw, already feeling that one day soon, the two would be very good friends, which was something that hadn't crossed the former RiverClanner's mind in a very long time, several moons perhaps. “Yeah. I'm no good at it.” Northernpaw laughed quietly, his hues dancing with amusement. He didn't realize that it wasn't that he just wasn't good, but it was that he had no sense of smell at all, and never had. The dark furred silvery and gray tomcat bounced around on his paws, not quite sure what else to say, some waited for Whitepaw to speak, curious about what the white tom with two different colored eyes would say. He thought it was quite cool, Whitepaw's eyes. “That's great! Is Goldeneye your mentor then?” Northern meowed, almost excitedly, but not quite as he looked down at the smaller apprentice, which felt odd since he was tall for his age.
"Yeah, he is, and I hope my mom sticks with him too! He's a much better deputy than the ones before." He meowed. Goldeneye and Whitepaw were best friends, and Goldeneye always gave him the boost of encouragement he needed every now and then. "No, we're just good friends, I wish he was though." He said with a smile. He hated his mentor, and he's glad he, somehow, knows how to fight in battles, create moves and what to do. He was just that smart. "Maybe you'll learn. Your mentor should teach you, I think." He meowed, smiling. He took a sniff of the pine needle and looked up, his head turning to the direction the scent became strongest from. He had heightened senses, more keen than most, which, of course, he loved. He pointed a paw off to the left. "Wind must've blown it from there." He said, and he smiled at Northernpaw.

{ pm me i need yer calmness heh }
Old July 16th, 2017, 11:29 PM
whats up danger?

My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: ShadowClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Lucky listened very carefully as Daypaw spoke, her green eyes locked on the smaller cat as they talked about freedom and being wild as well as a sense of community and care among the cats who lived here. It all sounded very strange to her, but rather pleasant in a odd way. As much as Lucky enjoyed the time she spent with her housefolk, well, most of the time anyway... there was something very appealing about spending time in the company of other cats, helping each other, and trying to survive together. But as Daypaw spoke, she noticed the way Daypaw carried themselves that she didn't notice before, there was something about the small cat that seemed... haunted, some kind of dark cloud that seemed to hang over them. Lucky watched as it ebbed and waned and the medicine cat tried to balance her own thoughts with answering Lucky's question. Lucky's tail twitched as her curiosity gnawed at her, but she decided to say nothing about her observations. She already knew she liked Daypaw as a cat, it was hard not to do so considering she'd be dead on the forest floor now if not for them, but Lucky knew better than to impose on the other cat by prying into their feelings too much.

When Daypaw said the word, "warrior" there seemed to be an odd hint of something in the cat's voice... something that told her that what the medicine cat was describing was taken very seriously by clan cats. "A warrior? What's that?"
Daypaw turned their gaze towards the entrance and exit of the den. They could remember the thought as a kit of being a warrior, when appointed an apprentice thats what they thought they were going to be. They thought-for just a moment that maybe once a warrior they could live a semi normal life. But no. They were made med cat of Shadowclan, going on to follow the long line of med cats before them and to come. Theyd die and be forgotten after a awhile, and the nightmares would be over. They were stuck. Daypaw turned back towards Lucky,"There is an apprentice and a warrior. A warrior trains an apprentice until they become a warrior themselves, and so on. They learn stuff like..hunting and battle moves." the enby explained, "I am a medicine cat, not a warrior, I learn to heal instead."
Old July 17th, 2017, 09:15 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
The gray cat hadn't realized what sh had said during her rambling until he repeated it. Even though he said the same exact thing to her, she suddenly fluffed up and angled her ears backward, at a loss for words at her foolishness. She really had to learn to stop rambling. It was a bad habit that always left her saying things she shouldn't'.
But, he also repeated the words back to her. Clearly, it worked in her favor.
"Ah, yeah. Best friends do that, right? I mean, of course they do. What are best friends for? Best friends make everyone feel more complete than anything else, right? Or is that a mate? Mates do that, not best friends. But that can't be right, because we aren't mates. We are just best friends. I don't remember anymore. I guess it can be both? It can be, right?" She was going on and on again. "Right, Badgerpaw? I'm not crazy, best friends can feel this way, too? It's not just a mate thing."
She had to stop saying the word 'mate.'
"Any cat can feel like this at any given time, yes! Feelings aren't role specific, they do whatever they want. Cats who hate each other can feel their heart racing when they are around each other. And cats that love each other can. And... and..." She drew off, running out of breath. She had talked way too much, and she was starting to realize that.
She wrinkled her nose, "Sorry, I talk too much. I'm just nervous. I don't know why. Don't ask, because I can't answer. Why am I nervous? Wait, if I don't know you definitely don't know. Ah! I need to stop. Sorry, sorry!"
Sh was embarrassed now.

The black and white tom wasn't quite sure how to respond to her comments. It had always been easy for him to talk to Lostpaw, she was so... eager and sweet, but now he seemed to be having trouble. Tongue-tied, some might call it. Thankfully she continued onwards, giving him a little more time to think of what to say. "You don't have to be sorry!" He laughed, partly amused at her rambling speech.

But still, Badgerpaw wasn't quite sure how to respond. Everything she had said, there was a lot he wanted to address, but first he figured he should answer her question from earlier... that was probably a good way to start, right? Answering a question? Maybe it would bring up more subject material, better subject material so that he wouldn't feel so awkward? "Uh - what you said earlier, about best friends and m-mates..." His voice trailed off, cracking just a little at the word 'mates.' It felt so unnatural to say that. He had never thought about having a mate or kits before, so the thought of either one now was a little unnerving. Badgerpaw hadn't really thought that he would settle down and have a family. He didn't really picture himself as the type to 'fall in love.' After all, why would you want a family when you could be free to do as you pleased without one?

Though, if Lostpaw were ever to have a family, he would be sure to play 'Uncle' to the kits. Technically Badgerpaw wouldn't have a relation to them, but he could still be their adoptive uncle! Right? That would be fun. "I don't think you're crazy, I'm - I'm pretty sure that's a best friend thing too," He finished after a moment. There. Best friends, just as he had always known. Everything was back to normal.

Oh, Badgerpaw hated change... why couldn't it ever be easy? Desperately, his mind raced as he tried to find something else to talk about, and then he just seemed to start talking.

"But, you know, I mean it's not always a best friend thing, like my parents? I never really knew them but I'm pretty sure they were together for a really long time and I guess they would have said stuff like that sometimes. They were best friends growing up, did you know that? And then they ended up mates. Can you believe that?" Rambling. Like Lostpaw did, maybe she was rubbing off on him again - was this a bad or a good thing?

Right now, he wasn't sure. Right now it felt like more of an embarassment then anything else but maybe, maybe he was wrong. The tom could feel his pelt heating up and his ears turning red. Why couldn't he just have shut up? "Sorry..." His voice trailed off and he tried not to look directly at her. At least she couldn't see his ears turning red, and hopefully couldn't feel the heat that he was positive must be radiating off of him... from how warm he felt, it felt as though green-leaf had just gotten a whole lot hotter.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old July 17th, 2017, 09:45 AM
help i'm lost

My Mood: Queenly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The black and white tom wasn't quite sure how to respond to her comments. It had always been easy for him to talk to Lostpaw, she was so... eager and sweet, but now he seemed to be having trouble. Tongue-tied, some might call it. Thankfully she continued onwards, giving him a little more time to think of what to say. "You don't have to be sorry!" He laughed, partly amused at her rambling speech.

But still, Badgerpaw wasn't quite sure how to respond. Everything she had said, there was a lot he wanted to address, but first he figured he should answer her question from earlier... that was probably a good way to start, right? Answering a question? Maybe it would bring up more subject material, better subject material so that he wouldn't feel so awkward? "Uh - what you said earlier, about best friends and m-mates..." His voice trailed off, cracking just a little at the word 'mates.' It felt so unnatural to say that. He had never thought about having a mate or kits before, so the thought of either one now was a little unnerving. Badgerpaw hadn't really thought that he would settle down and have a family. He didn't really picture himself as the type to 'fall in love.' After all, why would you want a family when you could be free to do as you pleased without one?

Though, if Lostpaw were ever to have a family, he would be sure to play 'Uncle' to the kits. Technically Badgerpaw wouldn't have a relation to them, but he could still be their adoptive uncle! Right? That would be fun. "I don't think you're crazy, I'm - I'm pretty sure that's a best friend thing too," He finished after a moment. There. Best friends, just as he had always known. Everything was back to normal.

Oh, Badgerpaw hated change... why couldn't it ever be easy? Desperately, his mind raced as he tried to find something else to talk about, and then he just seemed to start talking.

"But, you know, I mean it's not always a best friend thing, like my parents? I never really knew them but I'm pretty sure they were together for a really long time and I guess they would have said stuff like that sometimes. They were best friends growing up, did you know that? And then they ended up mates. Can you believe that?" Rambling. Like Lostpaw did, maybe she was rubbing off on him again - was this a bad or a good thing?

Right now, he wasn't sure. Right now it felt like more of an embarassment then anything else but maybe, maybe he was wrong. The tom could feel his pelt heating up and his ears turning red. Why couldn't he just have shut up? "Sorry..." His voice trailed off and he tried not to look directly at her. At least she couldn't see his ears turning red, and hopefully couldn't feel the heat that he was positive must be radiating off of him... from how warm he felt, it felt as though green-leaf had just gotten a whole lot hotter.
She didn't know what to think when he said that everything she rambled about was also what best friends said to each other. A part of her doubted that, but who was she to argue? She didn't know what it was like having a mate. For all she knew, mates said completely strange things. But when she thought of her fathers, she realized they said some of the things she's told Badgerpaw. Were they rubbing off on her, and she was just repeating what they say?
As her best friend started rambling himself, she listened intently. He spoke of his parents, something he didn't do often, if ever. She thought over what he was saying. His parents were beset friends before they became mates, and they must have said what these two did. Her thoughts started going off in odd directions, thinking about her and Badgerpaw. Perhaps they would be mates one day? Feeling odd about that thought, she quickly pushed it away.
But then the thought came back, and this time she couldn't push it away. It was possible they could become more than best friends, wasn't it? Anything was possible. It did seem almost thrilling, if they were to become mates in the future. But then again, Badgerpaw didn't seem interested in the slightest. A weird sensation hit her heart, almost as if it hurt. But she ignored it.
"Don't apologize! We all ramble, me especially. Besides, I like hearing you talk. You have an amazing voice, and you always say something interesting." She grinned softly, "Anyway, your parents seemed to have really loved each other. I guess that's a perk of them being best friends. Maybe a lot of best friends end up like they did. That's kind of a nice thought, isn't it? You get to spend your entire life with someone you've grown up with, trusted since the beginning..."
Old July 17th, 2017, 12:56 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost View Post
She didn't know what to think when he said that everything she rambled about was also what best friends said to each other. A part of her doubted that, but who was she to argue? She didn't know what it was like having a mate. For all she knew, mates said completely strange things. But when she thought of her fathers, she realized they said some of the things she's told Badgerpaw. Were they rubbing off on her, and she was just repeating what they say?
As her best friend started rambling himself, she listened intently. He spoke of his parents, something he didn't do often, if ever. She thought over what he was saying. His parents were beset friends before they became mates, and they must have said what these two did. Her thoughts started going off in odd directions, thinking about her and Badgerpaw. Perhaps they would be mates one day? Feeling odd about that thought, she quickly pushed it away.
But then the thought came back, and this time she couldn't push it away. It was possible they could become more than best friends, wasn't it? Anything was possible. It did seem almost thrilling, if they were to become mates in the future. But then again, Badgerpaw didn't seem interested in the slightest. A weird sensation hit her heart, almost as if it hurt. But she ignored it.
"Don't apologize! We all ramble, me especially. Besides, I like hearing you talk. You have an amazing voice, and you always say something interesting." She grinned softly, "Anyway, your parents seemed to have really loved each other. I guess that's a perk of them being best friends. Maybe a lot of best friends end up like they did. That's kind of a nice thought, isn't it? You get to spend your entire life with someone you've grown up with, trusted since the beginning..."

An amazing voice? Badgerpaw had never heard anyone say that to him before. And quite frankly, he hadn't thought of himself as being the type of cat that others liked hearing talk. And yet here was Lostpaw, telling him that he had an amazingvoice. That she liked hearing him talk. That he always said something interesting. Her praise made his ears warm once more, and he tried to ignore the butterfly-like feeling it gave him.

"Yeah. I hope I have a mate who's my best friend someday." Badgerpaw thought, and taken off guard - images of him and Lostpaw flashed into his mind. N-no... no, no, no, no... that's not right, we can't - it's not - is it? He thought, before realizing that his words must have sounded so odd. "Th - that's not, umm... th - that's not to say that, uh, y-you and I are going to be m-mates someday, I mean... heh, that would be crazy, right? Can you imagine you and I together, I mean... like that?" He asked, hoping she wouldn't catch the nervous, almost hysterical note in his voice. At least she couldn't see his expression. In that moment, he was almost glad that she couldn't see him - because she couldn't tell how embarassed and warm and uncomfortable he was getting.

How nervous he felt. How hard his heart must be beating in that moment, because he was so worried that she would pick up on something. Badgerpaw's black and white pelt felt too warm in that moment, and he wished he were a lighter color.

Maybe all white. Or silvery, or even the pretty grey of Lostpaw's pelt. The feline needed to stop thinking about that. It was only going to make him feel worse in the end, and he knew it. He knew that he was just going to feel awful if he continued to think about what he could have, but he was too much of a coward to admit it... to so much as think that it could be true... and Badgerpaw had never wished more that he were blind, or mute, or something to keep him from realizing and speaking these feelings. "I - I hope... th - that in the future, you find someone who makes you r-really happy. And... can tell you how pretty you are."

It didn't matter that she was eyeless. That never had mattered. She got around just as good as anyone else, and to him? She was prettier then a lot of cats who had eyes. Both inside and out, she was beautiful.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Closed Thread