Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Character interaction and...
Last post by Kaybug.
Today 12:23 AM
~>>Windflowerpaw's.....
by nyx
Last post by ramen
Today 12:23 AM
Doeflame finder
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:12 AM
My characters! (And future...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 12:12 AM
a pawstep between life and...
Last post by occultation
Today 12:11 AM

Old December 26th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: SkyClan Training Plateau

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
(This?)
(Top of page 181 lol but you can respond to that if you want XD)
Old December 26th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Sugar Pine 7

My Mood: Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
The amount of spirit, and utter determination in his apprentice's voice made the young warrior glow with pride. Before he'd had an apprentice, he had never understood why older warriors - even cats his age - would talk about how pleased they were with the way their apprentice was turning out, and how amazing it was that such a young cat was able to go on for so long. To be quite honest, he'd found it boring. He'd never joined in the conversations when it had changed to things like that, and had always found a reason for a subject change. Blazingcomet was a master at manipulating conversations, he could change the subject from one thing to another in a matter of minutes without it seeming too quick or too strange. He could also talk for hours without getting bored of a topic, depending on what that particular topic was.

Flirting, for instance (in particular pointing out a she cat's physical flawlessness and the perfections in her personality) was something he could do for hours on end without ever growing tired of it. It didn't hurt that the cats he was normally flirting with had the greatest reactions. He had grown quite fond of a few of his targets, Drizzleshard in particular to begin with... No! No, please, I can't focus on that right now. His mind had traveled off in all directions, as he tried to concentrate on the subject at hand, which was training Cherrypaw. She could have a lot of spunk and talent, if she would focus it on training instead of whatever else she did. Dramatizing things was what she seemed to focus most of her talent on if Blazingcomet was being honest with himself. Of course, she had gotten back up and was ready to try again. "Now, focus only on me. Nothing else, okay? Maybe even move a second before you think you need to." The warrior had found that tactic to be particuarly useful when he was dealing with faster warriors.

He loved seeing the look of utter disbelief on their features that a cat with a twisted paw could maneuver so easily. He knew it was hard to believe. But Blazingcomet had had his whole life to figure out alternatives, and while his paw made his running look quite a bit awkward, he was still fast. And he could move with a speed (not grace) that impressed other cats, easily. Crouching down, he got ready to spring, carefully shifting his weight so that his leap would be angled correctly. Once he was sure that he was ready, he got a running start and sprang towards Cherrypaw, silently praying to StarClan that she would see his movement coming. It was basically the same movement as before, because he wanted to show his apprentice that sometimes, cats would try the exact same thing if it had been effective the last time. And he wanted to show her that she could easily stop it - did that ever come up in battle.
"I got it, I got it." Cherrypaw meowed impatiently, her blue eyes blazing. She felt ready for this. Her white paws couldn't stay still. They wanted to strike at the ginger tom. The younger cat just wanted to go at it. But she knew Blazingcomet was right even if he was just telling her something she'd heard before. She wasn't truly focused the last time. The white cat had been caught up in her own thoughts. Last time she'd been relatively focused on the battle, but she was thinking too much about it. Cherrypaw groaned internally. Could she reach the medium between not thinking and thinking too much? There I go again, the apprentice thought. It was too easy to think too much. Even when she was thinking about thinking. Nothing else, she echoed. The she-cat closed her eyes and made everything go blank. When she opened them, she trained her eyes on her ginger opponent. "A second before I think I need to." She repeated as if she were confirming something important.

The younger cat was more prepared for her mentor's quick movement this time. She noticed that his take off seemed very similar to what he did before. He was going easy on her, but she wasn't upset about it. She wanted a challenge, and using the same approach was a challenge enough for her. She wanted to use her strength to push the tom away, but Cherrypaw was far too little to push away a full grown cat. Maybe she could have managed to push him away if she too had gotten a running start, but she'd stayed put so far. There was another way she could use her small size, however. As her mentor drew closer, Cherrypaw ducked under his chest and tried to escape through the spaces in his legs. The she-cat hadn't moved too late, like she did last time. The apprentice tried to time her movement as perfectly as possible so that if anything, she were a heartbeat or two too early instead of late. She stuck close to the ground, but kept herself light on her paws.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old December 30th, 2017, 10:20 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
"I got it, I got it." Cherrypaw meowed impatiently, her blue eyes blazing. She felt ready for this. Her white paws couldn't stay still. They wanted to strike at the ginger tom. The younger cat just wanted to go at it. But she knew Blazingcomet was right even if he was just telling her something she'd heard before. She wasn't truly focused the last time. The white cat had been caught up in her own thoughts. Last time she'd been relatively focused on the battle, but she was thinking too much about it. Cherrypaw groaned internally. Could she reach the medium between not thinking and thinking too much? There I go again, the apprentice thought. It was too easy to think too much. Even when she was thinking about thinking. Nothing else, she echoed. The she-cat closed her eyes and made everything go blank. When she opened them, she trained her eyes on her ginger opponent. "A second before I think I need to." She repeated as if she were confirming something important.

The younger cat was more prepared for her mentor's quick movement this time. She noticed that his take off seemed very similar to what he did before. He was going easy on her, but she wasn't upset about it. She wanted a challenge, and using the same approach was a challenge enough for her. She wanted to use her strength to push the tom away, but Cherrypaw was far too little to push away a full grown cat. Maybe she could have managed to push him away if she too had gotten a running start, but she'd stayed put so far. There was another way she could use her small size, however. As her mentor drew closer, Cherrypaw ducked under his chest and tried to escape through the spaces in his legs. The she-cat hadn't moved too late, like she did last time. The apprentice tried to time her movement as perfectly as possible so that if anything, she were a heartbeat or two too early instead of late. She stuck close to the ground, but kept herself light on her paws.
Cherrypaw's impatience could cost her, especially in battle. Thank goodness this was only a practice, a spar of sorts, to teach her so that she would be better prepared and ready next time. Even as Blazingcomet moved, he was hoping that she was focused. His apprentice had her head up in the clouds half the time, but even he wasn't going to deny that when she did focus, it was clear to see that she was a formidable opponent. At least he had gotten that much to work with. Determination and fire was nothing to sneeze at, but the problem was, that fire seemed to be buried in a sleeping kittypet. A dramatic she cat. Thank goodness it only took a couple of tries to draw it out further. Cherrypaw's quick movement slipping between his legs was faster then Blazingcomet could force himself to move - a twisted paw did have some disadvantages, and while he had taught himself to run, it was impossible to twist himself into the right position.

The tom left something to be desired in the agility department, so it was a good thing that not all fighting relied on agility to win. He was a good warrior, and a good addition to the Clan, he believed. Then again - the tom wasn't exactly the most modest cat, so perhaps he was just telling tall tales again. Even if he was, it couldn't matter that much. Whipping around as quickly as possible (and using his paw to his advantage in this case) the tom's blazing golden optics sparkled as he glanced at Cherrypaw. "Well done," He purred before he leapt at her again, springing off on three legs, without getting a headstart on speed - it was a shorter leap, but Blazingcomet had made it so that he would land a little over her, just in case she started to move further away.

It was a trick his mentor had taught him, but he had figured that he would keep this one thing to himself for now. If war came, it came; Cherrypaw would be unprepared whether she knew the trick or not, and hopefully he would be able to keep her out of it. In the end, unless he had some sort of way to tie her up, there was no way of making sure that she wouldn't get involved in an upcoming battle.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old January 1st, 2018, 04:01 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Cherrypaw's impatience could cost her, especially in battle. Thank goodness this was only a practice, a spar of sorts, to teach her so that she would be better prepared and ready next time. Even as Blazingcomet moved, he was hoping that she was focused. His apprentice had her head up in the clouds half the time, but even he wasn't going to deny that when she did focus, it was clear to see that she was a formidable opponent. At least he had gotten that much to work with. Determination and fire was nothing to sneeze at, but the problem was, that fire seemed to be buried in a sleeping kittypet. A dramatic she cat. Thank goodness it only took a couple of tries to draw it out further. Cherrypaw's quick movement slipping between his legs was faster then Blazingcomet could force himself to move - a twisted paw did have some disadvantages, and while he had taught himself to run, it was impossible to twist himself into the right position.

The tom left something to be desired in the agility department, so it was a good thing that not all fighting relied on agility to win. He was a good warrior, and a good addition to the Clan, he believed. Then again - the tom wasn't exactly the most modest cat, so perhaps he was just telling tall tales again. Even if he was, it couldn't matter that much. Whipping around as quickly as possible (and using his paw to his advantage in this case) the tom's blazing golden optics sparkled as he glanced at Cherrypaw. "Well done," He purred before he leapt at her again, springing off on three legs, without getting a headstart on speed - it was a shorter leap, but Blazingcomet had made it so that he would land a little over her, just in case she started to move further away.

It was a trick his mentor had taught him, but he had figured that he would keep this one thing to himself for now. If war came, it came; Cherrypaw would be unprepared whether she knew the trick or not, and hopefully he would be able to keep her out of it. In the end, unless he had some sort of way to tie her up, there was no way of making sure that she wouldn't get involved in an upcoming battle.
Satisfaction rolled over Cherrypaw like a wave. Her lips curved into a smile. She'd done it! Well, she'd avoided Blazingcomet's attack, that is. Her pride must have seemed exaggerated to any other cat, but Cherrypaw felt like she'd won a battle against the entirety of another Clan. Being small and having training battles as her only experience, the white she-cat was at a disadvantage against her fully trained and experienced mentor. Additionally, Blazingcomet was bigger and stronger than his apprentice by far. Cherrypaw thought that meeting his challenge would be impossible, but she manage to turn this around in her favor, even if it was for a few heartbeats. When the apprentice broke out from under the ginger tom's body, she whipped around, almost ready to pounce on the tom. She imagined herself perfectly, pouncing on his back and wrapping her paws around him so he wouldn't be able to shake her off. But she was getting ahead of herself. That wasn't the point of the training and Cherrypaw probably wouldn't have been able to pull it off anyways.

The blue-eyed apprentice smiled happily at her mentor's praise, letting her guard down for a heartbeat. It was pretty good, wasn't it? The ginger tom had purred his words, which made Cherrypaw feel even better about her accomplishment. "Thanks," The she-cat meowed in return. Blazingcomet's approval meant more to Cherrypaw than she thought that he knew. She knew that she was a little annoying sometimes, but she appreciated her mentors effort whenever he was training with her. She loved it when her mentor seemed to care about her training. That alone was more than other cats offered.

Cherrypaw was caught half- off guard when she saw the ginger tom hurl his body in her direction. She should have expected it. Figuring that she'd rather try to fall out of the way than let herself get caught, Cherrypaw let herself fall- in the most ungraceful way- to her right. Her shoulder slammed onto the ground and her paws temporarily rose into the air before they too fell to the ground. "Hey!" She wrinkled her nose, flicking her snowy white tail against the ground.

Profile pic
Old January 7th, 2018, 02:22 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Satisfaction rolled over Cherrypaw like a wave. Her lips curved into a smile. She'd done it! Well, she'd avoided Blazingcomet's attack, that is. Her pride must have seemed exaggerated to any other cat, but Cherrypaw felt like she'd won a battle against the entirety of another Clan. Being small and having training battles as her only experience, the white she-cat was at a disadvantage against her fully trained and experienced mentor. Additionally, Blazingcomet was bigger and stronger than his apprentice by far. Cherrypaw thought that meeting his challenge would be impossible, but she manage to turn this around in her favor, even if it was for a few heartbeats. When the apprentice broke out from under the ginger tom's body, she whipped around, almost ready to pounce on the tom. She imagined herself perfectly, pouncing on his back and wrapping her paws around him so he wouldn't be able to shake her off. But she was getting ahead of herself. That wasn't the point of the training and Cherrypaw probably wouldn't have been able to pull it off anyways.

The blue-eyed apprentice smiled happily at her mentor's praise, letting her guard down for a heartbeat. It was pretty good, wasn't it? The ginger tom had purred his words, which made Cherrypaw feel even better about her accomplishment. "Thanks," The she-cat meowed in return. Blazingcomet's approval meant more to Cherrypaw than she thought that he knew. She knew that she was a little annoying sometimes, but she appreciated her mentors effort whenever he was training with her. She loved it when her mentor seemed to care about her training. That alone was more than other cats offered.

Cherrypaw was caught half- off guard when she saw the ginger tom hurl his body in her direction. She should have expected it. Figuring that she'd rather try to fall out of the way than let herself get caught, Cherrypaw let herself fall- in the most ungraceful way- to her right. Her shoulder slammed onto the ground and her paws temporarily rose into the air before they too fell to the ground. "Hey!" She wrinkled her nose, flicking her snowy white tail against the ground.
Panting a little, the orange warrior pinned the snow-white apprentice down to the ground. "Best... not to get... overconfident," He mewed, gulping in a fresh breath. The air was cold and crisp and stung his throat as he breathed, but he was semi-proud of himself. It was just in Blazingcomet's nature to be proud when he won a fight, whether that fight was against a warrior, or a small, young apprentice. Whether it was a spar or a true battle, Blazingcomet was going to be proud when he won. Golden eyes gleaming, he climbed off of the younger cat so that she could get up. He was panting more out of being worked up then true exhaustion, thinking about Drizzleshard and Petal and all of the drama surrounding his life was really taking it out of him. Maybe someday, when Cherrypaw was older, she would understand what it was like to have that kind of annoying thing in her life. Right now, it would be harder for her to understand.

Love was complicated, and Blazingcomet's heart was apparently more fickle then he had originally thought. It sickened him whenever he thought about Drizzleshard, so thrilled to have him as a mate, building her life with him and then all of a sudden, some pretty kittypet had come waltzing in and was stealing him away. Had stolen him away, the orange tom had to admit that she was quite a bit fiestier then most kittypets... though she still was as sweet and gorgeous as a rose. A yellow rose. A pretty petal, just like her name suggested. The tom wondered how hard it would be to convince her to run away with him; leave her home behind and join SkyClan with him, build a new life there... but he was getting way ahead of himself.

Drizzleshard would not be happy with him at all for thinking about that type of thing. The tom managed to calm himself down, solely for the focus of the task at hand. "Now then, let's try something else. We'll be coming back to this in a little bit, but this time, I want you to focus on attacking me. Don't think about trying to stop me right now, because I'm just going to be standing here in a defense position. You come at me and do your best to take me down." The tom instructed, his golden eyes gleaming as he watched her. He knew these exercises could get boring after a while, but when she was ready... he would teach her how to combine the two to make for a powerful force in battle.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old January 10th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Panting a little, the orange warrior pinned the snow-white apprentice down to the ground. "Best... not to get... overconfident," He mewed, gulping in a fresh breath. The air was cold and crisp and stung his throat as he breathed, but he was semi-proud of himself. It was just in Blazingcomet's nature to be proud when he won a fight, whether that fight was against a warrior, or a small, young apprentice. Whether it was a spar or a true battle, Blazingcomet was going to be proud when he won. Golden eyes gleaming, he climbed off of the younger cat so that she could get up. He was panting more out of being worked up then true exhaustion, thinking about Drizzleshard and Petal and all of the drama surrounding his life was really taking it out of him. Maybe someday, when Cherrypaw was older, she would understand what it was like to have that kind of annoying thing in her life. Right now, it would be harder for her to understand.

Love was complicated, and Blazingcomet's heart was apparently more fickle then he had originally thought. It sickened him whenever he thought about Drizzleshard, so thrilled to have him as a mate, building her life with him and then all of a sudden, some pretty kittypet had come waltzing in and was stealing him away. Had stolen him away, the orange tom had to admit that she was quite a bit fiestier then most kittypets... though she still was as sweet and gorgeous as a rose. A yellow rose. A pretty petal, just like her name suggested. The tom wondered how hard it would be to convince her to run away with him; leave her home behind and join SkyClan with him, build a new life there... but he was getting way ahead of himself.

Drizzleshard would not be happy with him at all for thinking about that type of thing. The tom managed to calm himself down, solely for the focus of the task at hand. "Now then, let's try something else. We'll be coming back to this in a little bit, but this time, I want you to focus on attacking me. Don't think about trying to stop me right now, because I'm just going to be standing here in a defense position. You come at me and do your best to take me down." The tom instructed, his golden eyes gleaming as he watched her. He knew these exercises could get boring after a while, but when she was ready... he would teach her how to combine the two to make for a powerful force in battle.
"No cat would be able to do anything without confidence." Cherrypaw countered, panting harder than her mentor was. She shook the dirt off of her pelt. Confidence was one of Cherrypaw's defining qualities. At least, that's what she thought. There's too many cats fussing over their insecurities, she thought. If every cat in SkyClan had a fraction of Cherrypaw's confidence (or ego more like), they'd rule all of the Clans. "At least I have some." She muttered, unsure if he mentor could hear her or not.

Cherrypaw took in a couple deep breaths, feeling like she was stretching out her lungs past their capacity. She was trying to get a large intake of air while she still could. Occasionally, the apprentice found herself struggling or even forgetting to breath while she fought. She was too focused on other things, such as watching her opponent and thinking about her next move. It was hard to focus on so many things at once. And it was hard to be good at what she was doing at the same time. Cherrypaw figured that it would just take practice, but she wanted to be good now. Blazingcomet offered a lot of knowledge and she just wanted to learn it all at once, not over the span of six or so moons. The apprentice also wanted a chance to prove herself to her Clan, but she didn't want to wait until she was a warrior for that chance to come.

Excited to do something else, Cherrypaw nodded, showing that she understood the goal. But that didn't exactly mean she knew what she was going to do. it would be hard to take the tom down. If the apprentice still thought defending herself against Blazingcomet's attacks was hard, she wouldn't think so anymore. Cherrypaw was small, practically weightless compared to the tom, and only a little stronger than a kit. If she threw herself at him with as much force as she could manage, it seemed to her that it was unlikely that he would fall. Blazingcomet's defensive stance probably ensured that he was perfectly balanced. However, maybe Cherrypaw could unbalance the tom. It may not have been the best and most tactical idea- and it might not have been what her mentor had in mind- but it was the only idea that the apprentice had come up with.

Once the two cats were both ready, Cherrypaw sprinted to the right. Her paws were moving so fast over the ground that it felt like she was hovering over the earth. The wind rushed into her ears, sending a tingling sensation through her small body. Just as quickly as the apprentice launched herself forward and to the right, she switched directions, now sprinting towards the left. After a heartbeat or two, she moved to the right again. She did this up until she was about a tail-length away from the ginger tom. She hoped that her direction changes might have made Blazingcomet lean in a certain direction in anticipation of her attack. With no where else to go, Cherrypaw closed the space between the two cats by pouncing on the older cat, aiming towards his shoulder, trying to get him to fall to his right.

[ Really bad writers block while writing this. Sorry! ]

Profile pic
Old January 17th, 2018, 09:44 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
"No cat would be able to do anything without confidence." Cherrypaw countered, panting harder than her mentor was. She shook the dirt off of her pelt. Confidence was one of Cherrypaw's defining qualities. At least, that's what she thought. There's too many cats fussing over their insecurities, she thought. If every cat in SkyClan had a fraction of Cherrypaw's confidence (or ego more like), they'd rule all of the Clans. "At least I have some." She muttered, unsure if he mentor could hear her or not.

Cherrypaw took in a couple deep breaths, feeling like she was stretching out her lungs past their capacity. She was trying to get a large intake of air while she still could. Occasionally, the apprentice found herself struggling or even forgetting to breath while she fought. She was too focused on other things, such as watching her opponent and thinking about her next move. It was hard to focus on so many things at once. And it was hard to be good at what she was doing at the same time. Cherrypaw figured that it would just take practice, but she wanted to be good now. Blazingcomet offered a lot of knowledge and she just wanted to learn it all at once, not over the span of six or so moons. The apprentice also wanted a chance to prove herself to her Clan, but she didn't want to wait until she was a warrior for that chance to come.

Excited to do something else, Cherrypaw nodded, showing that she understood the goal. But that didn't exactly mean she knew what she was going to do. it would be hard to take the tom down. If the apprentice still thought defending herself against Blazingcomet's attacks was hard, she wouldn't think so anymore. Cherrypaw was small, practically weightless compared to the tom, and only a little stronger than a kit. If she threw herself at him with as much force as she could manage, it seemed to her that it was unlikely that he would fall. Blazingcomet's defensive stance probably ensured that he was perfectly balanced. However, maybe Cherrypaw could unbalance the tom. It may not have been the best and most tactical idea- and it might not have been what her mentor had in mind- but it was the only idea that the apprentice had come up with.

Once the two cats were both ready, Cherrypaw sprinted to the right. Her paws were moving so fast over the ground that it felt like she was hovering over the earth. The wind rushed into her ears, sending a tingling sensation through her small body. Just as quickly as the apprentice launched herself forward and to the right, she switched directions, now sprinting towards the left. After a heartbeat or two, she moved to the right again. She did this up until she was about a tail-length away from the ginger tom. She hoped that her direction changes might have made Blazingcomet lean in a certain direction in anticipation of her attack. With no where else to go, Cherrypaw closed the space between the two cats by pouncing on the older cat, aiming towards his shoulder, trying to get him to fall to his right.

[ Really bad writers block while writing this. Sorry! ]
Sometimes Cherrypaw's personality - not necessarily the whole thing, but parts of it - really ticked Blazingcomet off. He was the first tom to understand things like having a big ego, but now that he was getting older and his pride had been wounded some by the mess with his mate - or former mate - had definitely taught him that there was a lot he didn't know. A lot he had to learn. Someday his apprentice would learn the same thing. Blazingcomet set his frame and prepared for a charge from the fluffy white apprentice. A frown came over his features as he watched her weaving back and forth, changing directions every few seconds, and he would step a little to the opposite side of her attack, frowning the whole time, clearly disapproving of whatever strategy this was. What can she be thinking? With the way Cherrypaw was moving, her final attack would have less "oomph" to it. She was going to use up all her energy and time on trying to confuse him!

Blazingcomet was confused, alright, but not in the way that she had been thinking. He wasn't unstable - instead he was worried, that he had left something out in speaking to her. However, there was a chance that a younger warrior - one who was new out of training, or even another apprentice - would be easily tricked by her try. Blazingcomet knew that he, for one, would have been more confident that Cherrypaw was just being stupid and there was no strategy to her plan, and would have ended up being beaten by the fluffy apprentice. As she sprang through the air, it was only a fraction of a second - not enough time for him to move out of the way. Now, Blazingcomet's left paw was his twisted one. It wasn't strong enough to hold his weight, and it was a liability in battle. His shoulders, however, were quite strong - they had become that way through moons of training, running, fighting.

There was a scar on one of them - Blazingcomet couldn't always remember which, but he knew that it was there. Cherrypaw aimed for the limb with the twisted paw, giving him the chance to stabilize himself with his good paw. While the impact shook him - and momentarily caught him off balance, he was able to get himself back up with his right paw. "Good!" The tom mewed, a pleased tone in his voice as he settled, his defensive stance going down in a symbol that he was getting ready to say more. "But... I will tell you now that you made a couple of mistakes. First of all, it's fine to try and confuse your enemy - especially if they're young - but you won't catch an older warrior off balance like that. You're going to use your energy trying to weave back and forth and your final blow won't have as much power." He stopped, glanced at Cherrypaw to see if she was listening, and then continued.

"Secondly, you aimed for a weak spot - which was smart, and would be normally, but since I'm bigger then you - and my other leg was still good - I was able to catch myself. It might be a good idea to aim for a good limb instead... so, if you had aimed for my right leg, I probably wouldn't have been able to catch myself with my left. Does that make sense?" Blazingcomet turned his golden gaze down to meet Cherrypaw's, a little bit of worry showing in them. Was he overloading her with all of this information?

Old January 19th, 2018, 10:01 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Sometimes Cherrypaw's personality - not necessarily the whole thing, but parts of it - really ticked Blazingcomet off. He was the first tom to understand things like having a big ego, but now that he was getting older and his pride had been wounded some by the mess with his mate - or former mate - had definitely taught him that there was a lot he didn't know. A lot he had to learn. Someday his apprentice would learn the same thing. Blazingcomet set his frame and prepared for a charge from the fluffy white apprentice. A frown came over his features as he watched her weaving back and forth, changing directions every few seconds, and he would step a little to the opposite side of her attack, frowning the whole time, clearly disapproving of whatever strategy this was. What can she be thinking? With the way Cherrypaw was moving, her final attack would have less "oomph" to it. She was going to use up all her energy and time on trying to confuse him!

Blazingcomet was confused, alright, but not in the way that she had been thinking. He wasn't unstable - instead he was worried, that he had left something out in speaking to her. However, there was a chance that a younger warrior - one who was new out of training, or even another apprentice - would be easily tricked by her try. Blazingcomet knew that he, for one, would have been more confident that Cherrypaw was just being stupid and there was no strategy to her plan, and would have ended up being beaten by the fluffy apprentice. As she sprang through the air, it was only a fraction of a second - not enough time for him to move out of the way. Now, Blazingcomet's left paw was his twisted one. It wasn't strong enough to hold his weight, and it was a liability in battle. His shoulders, however, were quite strong - they had become that way through moons of training, running, fighting.

There was a scar on one of them - Blazingcomet couldn't always remember which, but he knew that it was there. Cherrypaw aimed for the limb with the twisted paw, giving him the chance to stabilize himself with his good paw. While the impact shook him - and momentarily caught him off balance, he was able to get himself back up with his right paw. "Good!" The tom mewed, a pleased tone in his voice as he settled, his defensive stance going down in a symbol that he was getting ready to say more. "But... I will tell you now that you made a couple of mistakes. First of all, it's fine to try and confuse your enemy - especially if they're young - but you won't catch an older warrior off balance like that. You're going to use your energy trying to weave back and forth and your final blow won't have as much power." He stopped, glanced at Cherrypaw to see if she was listening, and then continued.

"Secondly, you aimed for a weak spot - which was smart, and would be normally, but since I'm bigger then you - and my other leg was still good - I was able to catch myself. It might be a good idea to aim for a good limb instead... so, if you had aimed for my right leg, I probably wouldn't have been able to catch myself with my left. Does that make sense?" Blazingcomet turned his golden gaze down to meet Cherrypaw's, a little bit of worry showing in them. Was he overloading her with all of this information?
The apprentice was about to grumble something about an impossible task and not giving her much to work with, but she bit her tongue, knowing better than giving older cats any tongue. It wouldn't get her anywhere, even if she was right. She didn't want to sit through another lecture about respecting other cats. Cherrypaw already had other lectures to sit through. Anyways, Cherrypaw's idea wasn't that bad. At least she tried. The she-cat had invested herself in his attack and was genuinely disappointed when it didn't work. She paced in a circle a few times before she finally sat down and curled her tail around her paws. Alright. I guess it did have some flaws. By the time she'd reached Blazingcomet, she pretty much was exhausted. There was hardly any power behind her attack. Aiming for the wrong leg was just a stupid move on her part. She hadn't really been thinking that much about it. And anyways, she would've felt bad for using her mentor's disadvantage to her advantage.

"Okay, that makes sense." There was only a hint of frustration in Cherrypaw's mew. "Well then how do I take down a cat who isn't you?" Not every cat had a twisted paw. And if it weren't for the ginger tom's big disadvantage there wasn't any chance Cherrypaw would have tipped the tom over even slightly. Maybe she'd be able to get away with another apprentice, but a full grown cat with no physical disadvantages? No way was that going to happen.

Profile pic
Old January 21st, 2018, 04:05 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
The apprentice was about to grumble something about an impossible task and not giving her much to work with, but she bit her tongue, knowing better than giving older cats any tongue. It wouldn't get her anywhere, even if she was right. She didn't want to sit through another lecture about respecting other cats. Cherrypaw already had other lectures to sit through. Anyways, Cherrypaw's idea wasn't that bad. At least she tried. The she-cat had invested herself in his attack and was genuinely disappointed when it didn't work. She paced in a circle a few times before she finally sat down and curled her tail around her paws. Alright. I guess it did have some flaws. By the time she'd reached Blazingcomet, she pretty much was exhausted. There was hardly any power behind her attack. Aiming for the wrong leg was just a stupid move on her part. She hadn't really been thinking that much about it. And anyways, she would've felt bad for using her mentor's disadvantage to her advantage.

"Okay, that makes sense." There was only a hint of frustration in Cherrypaw's mew. "Well then how do I take down a cat who isn't you?" Not every cat had a twisted paw. And if it weren't for the ginger tom's big disadvantage there wasn't any chance Cherrypaw would have tipped the tom over even slightly. Maybe she'd be able to get away with another apprentice, but a full grown cat with no physical disadvantages? No way was that going to happen.
The ginger tom thought for a moment on her question, before he did answer. He wanted to make sure any loose ends were wrapped up for Cherrypaw - a mentor was supposed to teach their apprentice, answer questions the apprentice may have, and make sure that one day they would be the best warrior that they could be. That was all Blazingcomet wanted for Cherrypaw, was for her to be the best that she could be. "Find any other weak spots they may have. For instance, if there's a cat who's already been fighting and has one side that's more beaten up then the other, you're going to want to aim for the injured side. If it's a leg injury, aim for the good leg." He paused for a moment, trying to put that into a perspective that would make more sense. For Cherrypaw, it must sound strange to have him tell her two different things in the same breath. What he wanted to convey was that you were more likely to be able to catch an enemy off guard if you had them try to catch themselves on an injured leg, whereas if it were an injured side, it wouldn't do you much good to aim for a good one. "Umm... well, did that make sense? Or do I need to make it simpler?" Blazingcomet asked, coming up with a new way to explain his concept just in case Cherrypaw needed it. Although he was hoping she wouldn't... it wasn't much better then the first one. He had never been the best at explaining things, which was probably why his relationship with his mate was failing - no, it had already failed. Why he was having thoughts about Petal already, all because of this one... stupid... thing. How crazy was he to think that he belonged in a relationship? Maybe he hadn't been ready to have a mate.

Old January 24th, 2018, 12:01 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Logpaw scampered into the clearing, he had agreed reluctantly to leave the stick in his nest, now he’d rush through practice to return to his stick.

Beespirit walked in, well groomed,” Logpaw, Shinefang suggested a new method of training, let’s see how it works alright? I have an idea for today, let’s play a game, mouse and warrior, except, your the warrior and the prey is the mouse!”

Logpaw blinked,” Fun!” He began to run after a mouse.

Beespirit smiled,” Wait! First, you want to try to catch it by stalking in in a hunter’s crouch and pounce. As if your a real warrior hunting like a real warrior.”

Logpaw purred,” Okay!” He dropped into a sloppy hunter’s crouch stalking the mouse quietly.

Beespirit was so shocked that Shinefang’s advice of making training a game worked,” Let’s see if you can be the perfect warrior and have the perfect hunting stance.” He dropped into a hunter’s crouch,” Like this!”

Logpaw pulled his legs tighter and his tail up before stalking once more he was so close to the mouse when he pounce and landed on it, snapping it’s neck,” My first catch!”

Beespirit purred,” Excelent, Now, every time you go hunting, pretend you’re playing mouse and warrior, and any piece of prey is the mouse! Alright?”

Logpaw smiled,” Alright! Sparrow and Warrior works too!” He smiled happily skipping around in joy. Can we play in the territory, where more prey is!”

Beespirit laughed,” Sure why not.” Now to figure out a game for basic defense and battle training.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here