Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
A Lesson in the...
by Dark
Last post by Dark
Today 03:18 AM
The Orange Tree!...
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 02:59 AM
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by the kitty
Today 02:53 AM
Q & A! (With my...
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 02:41 AM
Otterkit Finder
by nyx
Last post by the kitty
Today 01:58 AM

Old January 12th, 2018, 09:32 PM
Shrinking Violet

My Mood: Happy
Default Re: Silence's hollow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thistledawn View Post
Hoot followed closely behind Silence, trying to match her pace. His green eyes widened as he finally noticed the groups of plants growing in the clearing. It seemed organized, not how you'd typically see these plants in the wild. At least, Hoot had never seen anything like this before. The tom watched Silence begin to water the plants, cocking his head while doing so. As confused as he was, Hoot followed her lead, putting pressure on the moss ball and letting the water fall out of it and onto the plant. "What is this?" He asked around the moss ball in his mouth. He looked across the different colors of flowers and plants mesmerized by the fact that Silence took care of them.

[ No problem! ]

Silence smiled, moving on to the next plant. She got two more done before her moss ball was too dry, and set it down. Looking at Hoot, she mimed a limp paw. They're for healing, mostly. She looked down at the flowers again, her smile turning sad. But they're also for the cats who didn't make it. Silence nodded to each in turn. To the large white Bindweed bloom, A kittypet named Sherry. She fell out of a tree and broke the bones in her chest. To the little blue star shaped Borage flower A pair of kits wandered into my den, starving. They died within hours of each other. I..don't even think they had names. To the vibrant pink Bright-eye blossoms A loner called Skip. He died of green cough. To the proud yellow Celandine A blind loner named Thunder, who was mauled by a dog. And lastly, the little white Chamomile flower. For the loner who raised me. Her eyes swept over the flowers again, with the same sad fondness. After I bury them I put a plant over them. They deserved to be remembered. And now they help others, too.

Character site https://raindancecharacters.weebly.com/

My Thunderclan & Riverclan cats are open to rp!
Old January 13th, 2018, 08:19 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raindancer View Post
Silence smiled, moving on to the next plant. She got two more done before her moss ball was too dry, and set it down. Looking at Hoot, she mimed a limp paw. They're for healing, mostly. She looked down at the flowers again, her smile turning sad. But they're also for the cats who didn't make it. Silence nodded to each in turn. To the large white Bindweed bloom, A kittypet named Sherry. She fell out of a tree and broke the bones in her chest. To the little blue star shaped Borage flower A pair of kits wandered into my den, starving. They died within hours of each other. I..don't even think they had names. To the vibrant pink Bright-eye blossoms A loner called Skip. He died of green cough. To the proud yellow Celandine A blind loner named Thunder, who was mauled by a dog. And lastly, the little white Chamomile flower. For the loner who raised me. Her eyes swept over the flowers again, with the same sad fondness. After I bury them I put a plant over them. They deserved to be remembered. And now they help others, too.
Hoot still didn't understand, but he continued to water the plants anyways. He dropped the moss ball between himself and Silence as he finished. "How well did you know those cats?" He asked. "Obviously you probably knew that loner pretty well, but the rest of those cats were strangers, right? You didn't know them." The tom's voice gave a hint of venom. He felt angry at Silence, though he couldn't fully understand why in the moment. "Some of those cats couldn't been murderers. They might have been thieves. And for all you know, the world might have been better off without them." He clawed the dirt under him. "Not every cat deserves to be remembered either." Hoot mumbled at the ground.

Please check out my finder for my cats!

+Feel free to leave me a VM if I haven't responded to our RP within 4 days+

Profile pic
Old January 14th, 2018, 01:03 PM
Shrinking Violet

Quote:
Hoot still didn't understand, but he continued to water the plants anyways. He dropped the moss ball between himself and Silence as he finished. "How well did you know those cats?" He asked. "Obviously you probably knew that loner pretty well, but the rest of those cats were strangers, right? You didn't know them." The tom's voice gave a hint of venom. He felt angry at Silence, though he couldn't fully understand why in the moment. "Some of those cats couldn't been murderers. They might have been thieves. And for all you know, the world might have been better off without them." He clawed the dirt under him. "Not every cat deserves to be remembered either." Hoot mumbled at the ground.
Silence tilted her head as he spoke. She could feel the hostility in him and flattened her ears against her head, recoiling slightly. She looked back at the plants Even though I didn't know them for long, who am I to doom them to ghosts? If they were evil, they are where they belong now. They will get what they deserve, whatever that may be. Silence looked away from Hoot, ears still flat. She stood, picking up one moss ball and kicking the other towards the forest. She unraveled them around the roots of a nearby tree and poked her head back into the clearing, motioning for Hoot to follow her. Come on. A storm is coming, we'd better get home. She would not meet his eyes.

Old January 16th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Silence tilted her head as he spoke. She could feel the hostility in him and flattened her ears against her head, recoiling slightly. She looked back at the plants Even though I didn't know them for long, who am I to doom them to ghosts? If they were evil, they are where they belong now. They will get what they deserve, whatever that may be. Silence looked away from Hoot, ears still flat. She stood, picking up one moss ball and kicking the other towards the forest. She unraveled them around the roots of a nearby tree and poked her head back into the clearing, motioning for Hoot to follow her. Come on. A storm is coming, we'd better get home. She would not meet his eyes.
Guilt prickled at Hoot's paws as he watched Silence push her ears against her head. The she-cat's reasoning made sense. Besides, what could those cats do now? They were already dead. On top of all of that, Hoot was just picking fights with her now. He was stubborn, but he also thought he was right, despite how awful he was being. The Abyssinian knew he should have apologized, but he didn't know how. Apologizing wasn't really something Hoot had a lot of experience doing. He felt oddly protective over the she-cat. Hoot hadn't felt anything like that towards another cat before. Well, he hadn't really felt anything towards another cat other than distaste or hatred. Of course if you asked 4 moon old Hoot, he'd say that he had plenty of friends that he liked and enjoyed hanging around with. 6 moon old Hoot wouldn't say that. The tom had learned by then that other cats weren't to be trusted. His "friends" had betrayed him, stolen from him, and left him alone without another thought. Since then, the tom avoided other cats at all costs. His efforts went to waste many different times as he'd met and verbally fought with many other cats. But Silence didn't seem that bad. Unlike every other cat Hoot had ever met, he had a good feeling about her, even though he didn't quite agree with her all the time. At least he didn't want to claw her whiskers off.

Hoot shook his head. Silence was waiting for him. He parted his jaws to speak, but changed his mind. It was too late. It felt too weird to say anything. So the green-eyed tom just followed Silence in silence. He hadn't even known there would be a storm coming, but he smelled it in the air once he took in a deep breath. Great, Hoot thought. I'm for sure stuck here now. I can't go wandering around in a storm.

Profile pic
Old January 16th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Shrinking Violet

Quote:
Guilt prickled at Hoot's paws as he watched Silence push her ears against her head. The she-cat's reasoning made sense. Besides, what could those cats do now? They were already dead. On top of all of that, Hoot was just picking fights with her now. He was stubborn, but he also thought he was right, despite how awful he was being. The Abyssinian knew he should have apologized, but he didn't know how. Apologizing wasn't really something Hoot had a lot of experience doing. He felt oddly protective over the she-cat. Hoot hadn't felt anything like that towards another cat before. Well, he hadn't really felt anything towards another cat other than distaste or hatred. Of course if you asked 4 moon old Hoot, he'd say that he had plenty of friends that he liked and enjoyed hanging around with. 6 moon old Hoot wouldn't say that. The tom had learned by then that other cats weren't to be trusted. His "friends" had betrayed him, stolen from him, and left him alone without another thought. Since then, the tom avoided other cats at all costs. His efforts went to waste many different times as he'd met and verbally fought with many other cats. But Silence didn't seem that bad. Unlike every other cat Hoot had ever met, he had a good feeling about her, even though he didn't quite agree with her all the time. At least he didn't want to claw her whiskers off.

Hoot shook his head. Silence was waiting for him. He parted his jaws to speak, but changed his mind. It was too late. It felt too weird to say anything. So the green-eyed tom just followed Silence in silence. He hadn't even known there would be a storm coming, but he smelled it in the air once he took in a deep breath. Great, Hoot thought. I'm for sure stuck here now. I can't go wandering around in a storm.
As they walked back, Silence began to feel uneasy. It was more than the coming storm pricking under her pelt. Her orange eyes scanned the foliage around them restlessly, checking back to make sure Hoot was behind her several times. When they got close to her hollow, she stopped, and scented the air. Silence froze like she'd just tasted lighting.

Silence felt the world spin for a moment, her paws rooted to the ground. Her black fur puffed up, making her look like a spooked shadow. Her heart sped up, jittery like a mouse, her breath uneven. In her broken, raspy voice, she choked out "Hoot. Hide. Now." Her throat burned, but she didn't take time to swallow, just looked back at him, trying to smother the fear she felt. "P-please." She forced herself to move, fighting the urge to run. She motioned left There's an entrance to the den around the back. Be quiet.

Silence had known he would come for her. She had nightmares about it. Of course he would come with a storm on his heels. But looking back at Hoot, she wouldn't run. This was her home. Hoot was her friend. She would protect him, and everything she'd worked so hard to build. Uprooting again wasn't an option.

Last edited by Raindancer; January 16th, 2018 at 10:44 AM.
Old January 17th, 2018, 07:19 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
As they walked back, Silence began to feel uneasy. It was more than the coming storm pricking under her pelt. Her orange eyes scanned the foliage around them restlessly, checking back to make sure Hoot was behind her several times. When they got close to her hollow, she stopped, and scented the air. Silence froze like she'd just tasted lighting.

Silence felt the world spin for a moment, her paws rooted to the ground. Her black fur puffed up, making her look like a spooked shadow. Her heart sped up, jittery like a mouse, her breath uneven. In her broken, raspy voice, she choked out "Hoot. Hide. Now." Her throat burned, but she didn't take time to swallow, just looked back at him, trying to smother the fear she felt. "P-please." She forced herself to move, fighting the urge to run. She motioned left There's an entrance to the den around the back. Be quiet.

Silence had known he would come for her. She had nightmares about it. Of course he would come with a storm on his heels. But looking back at Hoot, she wouldn't run. This was her home. Hoot was her friend. She would protect him, and everything she'd worked so hard to build. Uprooting again wasn't an option.
Hoot was surprised by Silence's sudden change. The she-cat seemed fine only moments ago, but her uneasiness was contagious. Hoot felt his own fur begin to stand up and his heart began to race. The Abyssinian wasn't sure exactly what this sudden danger was, but he trusted that it was bad as soon as he heard Silence speak. The panic in the other cat's voice made Hoot nervous. There was a context to Silence's fear of whatever was lurking about, but Hoot had no idea what it was.

The young tom wanted to run. His paws were ready to turn and run until he couldn't anymore. All of the tiredness and exhaustion that Hoot had felt before dissipated in a heartbeat. His body had initiated the fight or flight response and there wasn't any going back. Hoot had to fight his urge to run. It took all of his strength to do what Silence had told him. He followed her instruction, keeping his ears and eyes open for any sign of danger.

Profile pic
Old January 17th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Shrinking Violet

Quote:
Hoot was surprised by Silence's sudden change. The she-cat seemed fine only moments ago, but her uneasiness was contagious. Hoot felt his own fur begin to stand up and his heart began to race. The Abyssinian wasn't sure exactly what this sudden danger was, but he trusted that it was bad as soon as he heard Silence speak. The panic in the other cat's voice made Hoot nervous. There was a context to Silence's fear of whatever was lurking about, but Hoot had no idea what it was.

The young tom wanted to run. His paws were ready to turn and run until he couldn't anymore. All of the tiredness and exhaustion that Hoot had felt before dissipated in a heartbeat. His body had initiated the fight or flight response and there wasn't any going back. Hoot had to fight his urge to run. It took all of his strength to do what Silence had told him. He followed her instruction, keeping his ears and eyes open for any sign of danger.
Once she was sure Hoot was gone, Silence took deep breaths, calming herself as much as she could. Conjuring up every ounce of will she had, she forced her paws to move farther into the clearing, where the cat who haunted her nightmares sat, paitently waiting. He was a normal sized tom, mottled black and white with pale blue eyes, like ice. A long scar curved around his left ear and over his eye, though it was white with age. He perked when he saw her, standing and trotting over as if they were old friends. When he spoke, it was a deep rumble in the back of this throat, almost like thunder. "I've finally found you."

Though she couldn't hear him, when he started to speak the little black she-cat shook like her bones were trying to rattle out of her skin. When the tom reached his head down to touch hers, she flinched away, stepping backwards and baring her teeth in a soundless snarl. Don't you dare touch me! Her ears flattened against her head, bright orange eyes a mixture of fear and hostility. You are not welcome here, Spark. Leave.

Spark's head receded in surprise, his eyes gleaming with genuine hurt. "Silence, do you know how many moons I've searched for you?" He leaned down to nuzzle her again, and she snapped at him, teeth just missing his face. Both cats froze in shock, and Spark's eyes grew dark. Moving like a snake, he had the little she-cat pinned within a heartbeat, staring down at her with unbridled rage. "You still fight me?? After everything? I named you! I took you in when your family left you to die! And how do you repay me? With a scar and this ungrateful attitude." He snarled, leaning over her. Silence refused to cower, twisting under him in an attempt to free herself.

Old January 17th, 2018, 08:03 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Once she was sure Hoot was gone, Silence took deep breaths, calming herself as much as she could. Conjuring up every ounce of will she had, she forced her paws to move farther into the clearing, where the cat who haunted her nightmares sat, paitently waiting. He was a normal sized tom, mottled black and white with pale blue eyes, like ice. A long scar curved around his left ear and over his eye, though it was white with age. He perked when he saw her, standing and trotting over as if they were old friends. When he spoke, it was a deep rumble in the back of this throat, almost like thunder. "I've finally found you."

Though she couldn't hear him, when he started to speak the little black she-cat shook like her bones were trying to rattle out of her skin. When the tom reached his head down to touch hers, she flinched away, stepping backwards and baring her teeth in a soundless snarl. Don't you dare touch me! Her ears flattened against her head, bright orange eyes a mixture of fear and hostility. You are not welcome here, Spark. Leave.

Spark's head receded in surprise, his eyes gleaming with genuine hurt. "Silence, do you know how many moons I've searched for you?" He leaned down to nuzzle her again, and she snapped at him, teeth just missing his face. Both cats froze in shock, and Spark's eyes grew dark. Moving like a snake, he had the little she-cat pinned within a heartbeat, staring down at her with unbridled rage. "You still fight me?? After everything? I named you! I took you in when your family left you to die! And how do you repay me? With a scar and this ungrateful attitude." He snarled, leaning over her. Silence refused to cower, twisting under him in an attempt to free herself.
There was hardly anything louder than Hoot's heart thundering in his chest. Waiting was only making it worse. Hoot's paws were shaking. He tried to squeeze himself into a corner to try to stop the shaking, but it didn't help one bit. Other than his own heart, the tom couldn't hear anything. It seemed like moons passed before he finally heard his voice. It wasn't Silence's. He knew that for sure. This voice was clear and was obviously used. It was masculine and deep and somehow managed to become louder than the sound of Hoot's racing heart in his ears. Hearing the voice had made the tom stop breathing for a few heartbeats. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know this cat nor did he know the danger he posed. Silence, who seemed welcoming of strangers, was terrified of this other cat. The cat who had welcomed Hoot into her territory and her den with his bad attitude and suspicion, was not welcoming this newcomer like she had welcomed Hoot. He had to be pretty awful.

There was a silence after the tom spoke. Silence is speaking, Hoot thought. The silence was almost worse than being able to hear. Hoot couldn't see Silence and therefore couldn't tell what she was saying. He willed his body to move to a place where he could see, but his body had no response. He remained planted where he was. Hoot closed his green eyes and angled his ears towards the two cats out in the clearing. He tried to focus on the sounds coming from them instead of the voice in his head telling him to run.

Hoot hardly even noticed his body moving in the same heartbeat he heard a thump. He hadn't crossed all the way into the clearing. The sound of Silence's voice, panicked, shaken, and afraid stopped him from doing something as reckless as that. Well, that and the abundant fear that Hoot was feeling. But the Abyssinian could see the two cats now. His breath caught in his throat as he saw Silence on the ground, thrashing about in attempt to get free from the tom's grasp. The sight of the tom leaning over Silence like that should have either sent him running, or made him dash to help her. But Hoot was frozen in fear even more so now that before, if that was even possible. Again, the tan colored tom willed himself forward, but was met with failure. Instead, he willed his strength forward, as if it would leave his body and be absorbed by Silence. Hoot felt helpless.

Profile pic
Old January 17th, 2018, 08:38 PM
Shrinking Violet

Quote:
There was hardly anything louder than Hoot's heart thundering in his chest. Waiting was only making it worse. Hoot's paws were shaking. He tried to squeeze himself into a corner to try to stop the shaking, but it didn't help one bit. Other than his own heart, the tom couldn't hear anything. It seemed like moons passed before he finally heard his voice. It wasn't Silence's. He knew that for sure. This voice was clear and was obviously used. It was masculine and deep and somehow managed to become louder than the sound of Hoot's racing heart in his ears. Hearing the voice had made the tom stop breathing for a few heartbeats. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know this cat nor did he know the danger he posed. Silence, who seemed welcoming of strangers, was terrified of this other cat. The cat who had welcomed Hoot into her territory and her den with his bad attitude and suspicion, was not welcoming this newcomer like she had welcomed Hoot. He had to be pretty awful.

There was a silence after the tom spoke. Silence is speaking, Hoot thought. The silence was almost worse than being able to hear. Hoot couldn't see Silence and therefore couldn't tell what she was saying. He willed his body to move to a place where he could see, but his body had no response. He remained planted where he was. Hoot closed his green eyes and angled his ears towards the two cats out in the clearing. He tried to focus on the sounds coming from them instead of the voice in his head telling him to run.

Hoot hardly even noticed his body moving in the same heartbeat he heard a thump. He hadn't crossed all the way into the clearing. The sound of Silence's voice, panicked, shaken, and afraid stopped him from doing something as reckless as that. Well, that and the abundant fear that Hoot was feeling. But the Abyssinian could see the two cats now. His breath caught in his throat as he saw Silence on the ground, thrashing about in attempt to get free from the tom's grasp. The sight of the tom leaning over Silence like that should have either sent him running, or made him dash to help her. But Hoot was frozen in fear even more so now that before, if that was even possible. Again, the tan colored tom willed himself forward, but was met with failure. Instead, he willed his strength forward, as if it would leave his body and be absorbed by Silence. Hoot felt helpless.

Spark lifted a paw and swiped at Silence's head, claws tearing through one of her ears. He released her, and the force of the blow sent her carrening across the small clearing. Pain blinded her for several seconds, but when she scrambled to her feet, she stared the tom down, blood from her ruined ear dripping into her eyes.

Spark stalked towards her, slowly. "This is unlike you, Silence. Why aren't you vanishing into the woods, like you used to? I do so miss those little games of chase we used to play." A slight movement from the den caught her eye, and worry, however briefly, flashed across her face. Spark's sharp ice eyes caught it, and he whipped around. "Unless you're protecting something." Before he could advance any further, Silence darted around him, planting herself between him and the entrance to her den. She shook violently, still, but her stance was firm. You'll have to kill me to get past.

"Oh, so you are protecting something--or should I say, someone. I've smelled them, all the cats that have come and go. Why protect a stranger?" He advanced, and Silence let out an eerie, scraping growl from deep in her chest. He's my friend! I won't let you touch him, you monster.Unfazed, he towered over her, a slight softness returning to his cold eyes. "If you come back quietly, love, I promise I'll forget everything." His tail came up and caressed her face, gently. Silence flinched and snapped at it, but he pulled away again.

Old January 19th, 2018, 10:35 PM
Sugar Pine 7

Quote:
Spark lifted a paw and swiped at Silence's head, claws tearing through one of her ears. He released her, and the force of the blow sent her carrening across the small clearing. Pain blinded her for several seconds, but when she scrambled to her feet, she stared the tom down, blood from her ruined ear dripping into her eyes.

Spark stalked towards her, slowly. "This is unlike you, Silence. Why aren't you vanishing into the woods, like you used to? I do so miss those little games of chase we used to play." A slight movement from the den caught her eye, and worry, however briefly, flashed across her face. Spark's sharp ice eyes caught it, and he whipped around. "Unless you're protecting something." Before he could advance any further, Silence darted around him, planting herself between him and the entrance to her den. She shook violently, still, but her stance was firm. You'll have to kill me to get past.

"Oh, so you are protecting something--or should I say, someone. I've smelled them, all the cats that have come and go. Why protect a stranger?" He advanced, and Silence let out an eerie, scraping growl from deep in her chest. He's my friend! I won't let you touch him, you monster.Unfazed, he towered over her, a slight softness returning to his cold eyes. "If you come back quietly, love, I promise I'll forget everything." His tail came up and caressed her face, gently. Silence flinched and snapped at it, but he pulled away again.
Hoot flinched as the tom's blow landed. His breath stopped once again when he spotted the dark color of blood fall from Silence's ear. He wrinkled his nose, only able to imagine how much that must have hurt. It was a while before any more air returned to the young tom's lungs. His heart dropped when he realized that the stranger knew that Hoot was hiding in the den. He was crow-food for sure now.

Silence, however, hadn't given up just yet it seemed. She was still protecting her guest. Hoot had to agree with the other tom. Why was Silence protecting Hoot? It really didn't come as much of a surprise to him after seeing all of the plants and the flowers. Silence is too kind to cats she doesn't know, Hoot thought. But why is she risking herself for me? The she-cat had already gotten herself injured trying to protect the tom she'd only met today. It was foolish at best. Hoot didn't want her getting hurt trying to protect him.

The she-cat's words seemed to stir something in Hoot. He was still scared beyond belief. But he was scared for himself and Silence. Hoot couldn't remember the last time he was scared for someone else. A tiny ounce of courage returned to the green-eyed tom. Slowly, he rose from his crouching position and carefully padded into the clearing. He moved far enough to be sure he was in Silence's range of vision, but far enough that the stranger wouldn't be able to reach him with one leap.

Hoot took a few deep breaths, trying to regain his strength and voice. "I don't know who you are, but you aren't welcome here. I suggest you leave and don't ever come back." The younger tom felt his tan fur begin to rise around his neck. He wanted to snarl at the stranger, but his lips were quivering just a little bit and he didn't want to bring attention to it. But he was doing it! He was standing up to this cat, for his sake along with Silence's.

Profile pic