Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > General Board

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Warrior Name Game
Last post by the kitty
Today 09:27 PM
A day in the love life of...
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 09:24 PM
Forget-me-not [Love...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 09:18 PM
Hide & Seek Stealth Event...
Last post by Morrigan
Today 09:15 PM
Sunset Grove
by Lillith
Last post by gs29513
Today 09:12 PM

Old November 28th, 2017, 04:13 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Help doing an insane cats personality for my character site

This cat is sooo far from normal I can’t even figure out how to do the personality. If any ppl are willing to help that’d be amazing.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old November 28th, 2017, 08:09 PM
cool

My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: Help doing an insane cats personality for my character site

not exactly on-topic but please don't make the personality ableist or in any way dismissive/disrespectful to people who have mental illnesses. not that you will, just a reminder to attempt kindness and understanding- and do your research about a mental illness before giving it to one of your characters.
Old November 28th, 2017, 08:15 PM

I could help. What exactly does your cat suffer from?
Old November 29th, 2017, 06:39 AM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
not exactly on-topic but please don't make the personality ableist or in any way dismissive/disrespectful to people who have mental illnesses. not that you will, just a reminder to attempt kindness and understanding- and do your research about a mental illness before giving it to one of your characters.
Believing a stick is an actual cat and inability to learn I'm pretty sure no one on WCO has (with the first one I do realize it could be believing a doll is real) but inability go learn. And I wasn't being critical, it's just the fact considering his first mentor spent 6 moons teaching him to walk, talk, and is trying to teaching him to know when he needs to eat and drink and make dirt.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old November 29th, 2017, 07:02 AM
'No Ones Better Than You'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
Believing a stick is an actual cat and inability to learn I'm pretty sure no one on WCO has (with the first one I do realize it could be believing a doll is real) but inability go learn. And I wasn't being critical, it's just the fact considering his first mentor spent 6 moons teaching him to walk, talk, and is trying to teaching him to know when he needs to eat and drink and make dirt.
I believe the closest option is down Syndrome, but Do Your REASEARCH. Red mental health information sites. And remember, do not flanderise it. That is the worst thing to do.

Site Finder
Pet's name: Stardust ❤︎

Just Dm me.
I have a tumblr
Momotaro245.

- Currently -
i will reply weekends
Old November 29th, 2017, 11:59 AM
cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
to avoid being incredibly offensive, i'd change
- the way you talk about his mental illness. laughing about the 'funny' things someone does as a result of mental illness is extremely inconsiderate and rude.
- saying things like "he should've been killed because he was a danger to himself" is horrible. just don't do it.
- diagnose him with an actual mental illness. misrepresenting mental illnesses is a big problem in all forms of media, and it's exacerbated when the person who suffers from mental illness isn't diagnosed.
- do your research. this is so important and i can't stress this enough. if you don't have a mental illness, you need to actually learn how it works before giving it to one of your characters.
Old November 29th, 2017, 01:06 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
to avoid being incredibly offensive, i'd change
- the way you talk about his mental illness. laughing about the 'funny' things someone does as a result of mental illness is extremely inconsiderate and rude.
- saying things like "he should've been killed because he was a danger to himself" is horrible. just don't do it.
- diagnose him with an actual mental illness. misrepresenting mental illnesses is a big problem in all forms of media, and it's exacerbated when the person who suffers from mental illness isn't diagnosed.
- do your research. this is so important and i can't stress this enough. if you don't have a mental illness, you need to actually learn how it works before giving it to one of your characters.
Frontal Temportal Dementia does sound like him, with Down Syndrome as the same time.

Old November 29th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Okay so. There are a few flaws to your cat that make it impossible to work.

1. Realistically, if a cat were to be born like this, it would make sense they didn't know how to do anything. Your cat would be as good as still-born because as a kitten, he wouldn't have nursed, nor would he have been able to get to the milk if -- assuming -- he had siblings. He would've been shoved to the side unless mom was gracious enough to keep him and attempt to help. Even if that was the case, he wouldn't have been able to develop the correct skills in general. He wouldn't be able to move therefore lack the muscles to attempt to and when a cat (or any animal) puts weight on their internals for too long, it'll damage them resulting in death. Briarlights situation for example. Although as you made clear, their situation was worse.
2. Even if they were to make it through kithood, the clans wouldn't ever allow them to train. They'd be elders den or medicine cat den bound their entire life. They'd be too much of a liability if they were allowed to train to be a warrior or a medicine cat. It'd be much simplier to just keep them in camp and have cats take turns keeping watch/take care of them. On top of that, even if mentors were alternated their whole life to train him basic needs, that's one less cat to train a different apprentice that could benefit the clan. It wouldn't be worth the clans time.
3. You can have them have whatever mental illness you want as long as it's appropriate, but realistically, this feline could not physically function in the clan resulting in them being just another mouth to have to feed. The clan is capable of caring for them, but in most cases, the cat would be disowned.

@Okapi @Crow

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Last edited by SuspiciousMindz; November 29th, 2017 at 01:49 PM.
Old November 29th, 2017, 01:44 PM
cool

yes, what sus said.

as an addition, ftd is not something people/cats are born with- it develops, usually around midlife- thus your cat would probably not have it.
Old November 29th, 2017, 01:47 PM
Digital Artist

I agree that you should do your research on these kinds of topics, but I wanted to give you a personality for him.

He could be introverted, doesn't make friends easily, snappy at others, gets attached to inanimate objects. He could become easily-distracted by said object and refuses to talk to other cats for long periods of time.

Does that help @Okapi ?