Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Non-Warriors Roleplay

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Midnight's territory!...
by Red'fur
Last post by bubble[error].
Today 09:06 AM
How Well-Known Are You On...
Last post by Epiales
Today 09:06 AM
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by hermeswind
Today 09:00 AM
ThunderClan Territory
by Fawn
Last post by Epiales
Today 08:34 AM
WindClan Patrols
by Lillith
Last post by Tiabirb
Today 08:30 AM

Old January 17th, 2018, 06:29 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

My Mood: Tired

Default Re: Lion Guard Redux [Private]

"Mm." Lilliana just stared silently, watching the lioness with silent interest. Her paws shifted slightly, tail curling up beside her and her head tilting at Atazi, watching the lioness eat. Her whiskers quivered faintly when Atazi told her she was about Sari's age, and her eyes sparked with curiosity. "Who's Sari?" She asked politely, ears flicking faintly. Her gaze shifted toward the entrance to the cave, then her eyes drifted around, ears flicking, wondering where her mother was. And her father. And her siblings. Then she just shrugged and turned her attention right back to Atazi, eyebrows raising as the lioness introduced herself. She tilted her head again. "I am Lilliana."

##

Kion didn't say anything, he didn't know what to say, he just watched as Claire came closer. His mouth was suddenly dry. Why was Claire here? Why wasn't she in the desert? His mind spun, coming up with multiple answers to these questions and he didn't know if he liked any of those. Claire wouldn't have left the Sabers. Not on her own accord. Not while Lucifer was still living. The cub silently left Bunga's side to make his way down the slope, meeting Claire halfway. Neither cub spoke as Kion reached her. They'd both grown alot since they'd seen eachother, but one thing that hadn't changed was that they were both literally the same height. Kion simply reached forward to touch his nose to Claire's in a warm greeting. "What are you doing here?"

"I have news. Maybe good, maybe bad, I'll let you decide."
Claire replied calmly, touching her nose to his before pulling back. She seemed to relax, alot less wary with Kion around. Her purple eyes stayed fixed intently on his face, before she looked toward Kiara, who was watching and listening quietly, then toward Bunga, who was making his way over to them. Claire raised an eyebrow silently at the honey badger before moving her intense gaze back to Kion's face, tail twitching silently. And for a while, they just stared at eachother, as if in silent conversation, before Claire took a deep breath and spoke up. "Master Lucifer is dead."

Kion's expression shifted instantly. He reeled back, stumbling over his paws to back away, and Claire took a few steps after him, bracing herself to help if he lost his balance. Kion managed to stay upright, however, claws sinking into the ground for support. The words slowly sunk in, and his ears folded back against his head, tensing up, his wide eyes meeting Claire's. He didn't know how to feel. He knew he should feel some type of relief. He should feel free. But he didn't. If anything he only felt more chained down. Unable to speak, Kion just stared at Claire, who gazed back with sympathetic, yet cold eyes. Kion didn't know what to say. What to feel. He was just... Frozen. Dead. Dead. He thought, mind whirling violently. He felt dizzy. And sick. He's dead.

"Kion," Bunga said worriedly, looking up at the cub. He didn't get a response, and looked over at Kiara helplessly, then Claire. This was the second time that day they were hearing of Lucifer. What on earth was going on?

When Angels Fall With Broken Wings
I Can't Give Up, I Can't Give In
When All Is Lost And Daylight Ends
I'll Carry You, And We Will Live
Forever...

Profile picture drawn by my lovely girlfriend, Stardust
Old January 17th, 2018, 06:46 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

My Mood: Kingly

[Okay!]

[Um]
[Quick question.]
[What is 'it'?]

Atazi didn't move, nor did she answer Lilliana's query about who Sari was. To be honest, all Atazi knew was that she was her daughter- she didn't know her personality at all, if her eyes were still blue, if her pelt was still that soft brown with beautiful black stripes. "Very nice to meet you, Lilliana." Atazi responded, and finished eating her fill. A little bit of curiosity rose up in her and she looked down at the younger cub- her eyes weren't glimmering with malice like they did with Kion. Rather, they were soft and ever so slightly motherly. It was an instinct that kicked in around children, and it was just enough to make her seem like an actual living being. Children opened up her heart enough for the world to see. "You're special, aren't you." Atazi didn't say it like a question. It was a statement; a fact. Atazi could see the intelligence boiling beneath Lilliana's gaze and Atazi knew that she was staring at what either could be the most talented healer of the Pridelands, or the deadliest villain in the entire world. Something about Lilliana's gaze was enough for Atazi to close off ever so slightly. It was too mature for a cub.

Sari sat down, although she was frowning as she did so. "Oh, you never do anything fun with me!" She complained as a child was prone to do when they were bored and wanted to spend time with their friends, siblings, or parents. Guilt-tripping was second nature to all children, and Sari was fluent in the language (although she wasn't old enough to know what guilt-tripping was, or that it was bad). The Saber-Toothed lion pouted for a good moment or so before her expression lit back up. She could weave together a flower crown while Sade was at the lake! And she could go with her! "Can I go with you?" She pleaded, bouncing on the tips of her toes in trembling excitement. "Please, please, please! I promise to just sit on the bank and make flower crowns." She said solemnly, a rarity for a mischevious child like she. Mostly Sari didn't want to be left alone. Something told her that if she was left alone, something bad would happen. Like in her nightmares, where she was helpless, picked up and toted around with sharp teeth digging into her scruff, watching as a lion she knew to be her real mother racing after them. Part of Sari wondered if it was a prediction of the future; part of her thought it was her true past. But nevertheless, the young cub was frightened of being left alone, even for a few seconds.

♡♡♡
But now I know, without a doubt...
The luckiest day of my life was the day I met you~

♡♡♡
Old January 17th, 2018, 07:03 PM
An adorable bean :3

My Mood: Breezy

(You'll see x3)
"Ohhh, alright!" Sade rolled her eyes in amusement. "But don't go near the water. You know you can't swim yet."
Old January 17th, 2018, 07:16 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

Lilliana hummed slightly as Atazi spoke, offering the smallest of smiles as she pushed herself to sit up, her tail curling around her paws as she tilted her head back to look up a the lioness. "It is very nice to meet you as well," She replied smoothly, lowering her head to rasp her tongue over one paw carefully, before lifting the now wet paw and running it down one of her ears, cleaning the dust off from where she'd gotten a little bit messy from lying on her back earlier. She did the same with her other ear, only pausing when Atazi asked if she was special. The cub stopped with her paw hanging in the air, her ice blue eyes meeting Atazi's, almost looking curiously. "Special?" She said slowly, her head tilting slowly to the side and her eyebrows furrowing faintly, before one of them raised. "Well, I suppose I am quite different from other cubs," she said slowly, tail tip brushing against the ground and her calm gaze staying fixed intently on Atazi. "Though I would not quite call myself special."

##

"Alright," Claire said after a moment had passed and Kion remained unresponsive. The cub stretched before padding forward, flicking her tail for Kiara to stay back, and then wrapping her tail around Bunga, pulling the honey badger back. She realized Kion would need some space and quiet to think about what he'd just heard. She understood he wouldn't be as furious as she was. But he most certainly wouldn't be all relaxed and happy about it. So, ignoring Bunga's protests, she continued to pull him back. "Give him some--" She cut off with a low grunt.

Bunga bit down on Claire's tail as hard as possible, a low growl rising in the honey badger's throat. "Screw off! Leave my best friend alone!" He yelled furiously. He didn't trust this lioness. Something about her was completely off and besides that, she had caused Kion to freeze like this, to go completely unresponsive to anything and anyone. Bunga already didn't like her, and he didn't even know her.

"You little pest." Claire hissed. Then without warning, she gave her tail a hard lash, standing Bunga flying into the air. Then she leaped up after him, grabbing the honey badger's scruff between her teeth and landing back on all fours, flinging Bunga easily to the side. She gave her tail a rough flick, luckily not bleeding, before turning back to Bunga. Her cold purple gaze met his. "As I was trying to say, your best friend here needs some space." She said sharply. "So I'd suggest shutting up, sitting back, and giving him some room. He needs to think, idiot." She spat, and Bunga just gave a low growl in response, glaring at her as he quickly stood back up.

Kiara blinked, watching the scene play out, and she decided it was wiser to stay back. So she did, turning her gaze to Kion. She had to note he didn't seem very upset. Well, he seemed upset, but not sad, at the news of the tiger's death. So they had history, but perhaps it wasn't good history? Maybe this Lucifer was just another tiger Kion hated? But it didn't explain his reaction. This seemed different. Not like it was with the others. Her brother looked scared and shocked. Kiara frowned. Alright, I really need to figure this out... She thought, eyebrows furrowing. This is so confusing.

Kion wanted to protest when Claire slung Bunga aside, but he stayed silent, watching carefully. He knew Claire wouldn't hurt Bunga. Not badly, at least. Right now he was just trying to wrap his head around this whole thing. Lucifer was dead. That was impossible. At least, Kion thought so. He'd always seen the saber-tooth tiger as invincible. Immortal. He couldn't die. So how was he dead now? Kion honestly didn't know how he felt. He wanted to feel relieved, he really did, but he just felt hollow. Even more so than usual. Lucifer was dead. Dead. How? How was he dead? How was this possible? What happened? A million questions raced through his head but he didn't try to voice them, his gaze drifting silently down to his paws. Lucifer was dead. What did this mean?

It meant no more looking over his shoulder. It meant no more being afraid of the desert. It meant Lucifer was dead. Lucifer was dead and Kion was free. He'd been free for a long time but now he was really free. Now Lucifer was dead. He couldn't hurt him anymore. He couldn't hurt anyone anymore. But that didn't erase the past. It wouldn't make the nightmares go away and it certainly wouldn't help how he was scared of everyone else, including himself. It wouldn't stop how he would just wait for the day when the pain all came back. When he was chained up again. Helpless again. It wouldn't stop the fear. It wouldn't erase the memories. Kion was free, but he sure as hell didn't feel like it. If anything, somehow, someway, he just felt even more trapped.

Forever...

Old January 17th, 2018, 07:35 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

Atazi nodded simply, leaning back. She heard a commotion outside, as well as a familiar voice. Claire... Claire wasn't the nicest of lions to be sure, but she had been a source of faint amusement for Atazi back when she had been in the camp. Her ears flicked- the honey badger yelled something in protest, and Claire responded with a snarl. Atazi stood up, stretching her paws out and glancing over at Lilliana. "You are special, Lilliana." She informed the cub, her voice blunt and quiet. She nodded and made her way towards the entrance of the cave. She stepped out into the light, her dark brown fur fluffing up as a breeze blew by. "Claire." She nodded at the other lioness and glanced over at Kion. "It seems you've frozen Princey over here. Whether that's from your chilly personality or a piece of bad news remains to be seen." She commented dryly, not moving closer to any of them. She arched an eyebrow expectantly at Claire, flicking an ear. "I suspect Lucifer is dead?" She asked. She had suspected it for awhile and only needed confirmation.

"I won't!" Sari promised eagerly, glad to not be left behind. She skipped alongside Sade as they headed towards the marshy lake, enjoying the feeling of the squishy mud beneath her paws and the cool blades of grass sweeping by her, drops of dew clinging to her fur and cooling her down. She spotted a clump of wildflowers, lavender in color and smelling rather pleasant. She squished over to the flowers and took a seat on a rock, biting down on one of the flowers to start weaving them together. She hummed happily, caught up in her alternation between flowers and grasses, using her tiny, delicate little claws to poke the grasses through and pull the flowers out. Here and there she would nip at the crown to lessen the strain on the flowers and keep it nice and bouncy. Sari loved making flower crowns- it was a favorite pastime, and one of the only things that could keep her quiet and focused for long amounts of time.

♡♡♡

♡♡♡
Old January 17th, 2018, 07:55 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

"Thank you, Atazi." Lilliana said slowly, tilting her head as she watched Atazi leave the cave. She considered for a brief second, then pushed herself to stand up and shook out her fur, heading out after her. Her ears perked up faintly when she saw what was going on. Her brother and sister, as well as the honey badger Bunga. And an unfamiliar face. Lilliana focused on the lioness, hearing Atazi speak, calling her Claire. Then she heard Atazi mention Lucifer, and paused, her ears pricking even more. Lucifer... And then her whole body tensed, and her ice blue eyes glazed over instantly.

Claire's head snapped up when she heard Atazi, and her eyes narrowed faintly. "Oh. You." She muttered indifferently, giving a dismissive flick of her tail toward the lioness. She didn't hate Atazi, she had no reason to. But she also had no reason to like her, either. See, Claire didn't get close to anybody. She didn't guard herself, she stayed completely open. But the thing was that she didn't care enough about anybody to get close to them. Kion was an exception and even then she wasn't really close to him. They were just allies. Acquaintances. Their relationship was difficult and hard to explain. She was only comfortable around him because she'd known him the longest - They were captured together, forced to be slaves together, and worked side by side for Lucifer. Claire couldn't say the same about Atazi. Personally she felt indifferent toward any other slaves. They mostly couldn't do their job right and just continued to get in trouble. Useless. She did appreciate that Atazi was keeping her distance, however. She gave a low hum when Atazi asked if Lucifer was dead, giving Atazi an intense stare before shrugging. "Yep." She replied, running her tongue over her jaws before looking at Kion. "Eclipse took him down."

"Oh."
Kion's voice was dead quiet, still trying to wrap his head around this, but at least he could speak now. The shock was wearing off and now... Now he just felt numb. His ears were flat to his head, his gaze fixed on his paws, but he reluctantly looked up to look at Claire, meeting her gaze. "So.. So he's..." He trailed off, taking a deep breath. His fur prickled up, tail wrapping silently around his back paws, and his eyes drifted shut. "Dead.." He still seemed to be having such a hard time believing that.

"I'm confused." Bunga declared, but he stayed a safe distance away, looking rather annoyed. His teal gaze fixed on Kion with concern, before he looked at Atazi, eyes seeming to go cold, before he looked over at Claire. "Who's Lucifer?"

"I would like to know that, too."
Kiara admitted, shifting her paws and seeming to shrink down under Claire's cold gaze. Despite the cub being younger, she was fairly intimidating. There was something about her, some fierceness that Kiara couldn't explain. Not like Kion's, but Claire was different. Colder. "What's going on?"

Forever...

Old January 17th, 2018, 08:14 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

"I suppose I'll have to stop by and give him my thanks," Atazi said, although her voice was stiff and ever so slightly choked up. "That demon belonged in Hell." She exhaled, trying to control the surge of emotions that rushed through, a flurry of anger, sadness, uncertainty, happiness... She couldn't push it down enough though and against her will she felt a couple of tears streak down her cheeks, her ears flattening against her head and her joints seeming to lock up. She heard Bunga and Kiara beg for answers, closing her eyes and trying to work up the courage to spit out what and who Lucifer was without bursting into wails of fright. It had taken her forever to manage to call him by name, much less hide her emotions away from all those around her. She did manage to push away the emotions within her, shoving them back down and away from her mind. She opened her eyes and stared right at Bunga and Kiara. "Lucifer is... was a tiger, and he was worse than any of your nightmares." Her voice lowered, anger flaring in her gaze. "Do not ask any more questions about him. You are lucky you've never met him." She snapped, a growl rising in her throat to cement the idea that it wasn't up for conversation- now or ever. She turned away and made her way to Kion. She looked him in the eyes, letting her tail sway slightly. "Why don't we take a walk." She didn't necessarily ask, although the option was there for Kion to deny it. She couldn't exactly explain why she was reaching out to Kion, but something about him was familiar. The shared emotions about Lucifer's death. The burden they would now share. She gave a slightly crooked smile. "I won't hunt down any more honey badgers this time." She added.

♡♡♡

♡♡♡
Old January 17th, 2018, 08:17 PM
An adorable bean :3

My Mood: Breezy

Sade laughed, making sure the cub was following her close behind. Sari is so full of life. So fun to be around. She frowned, her ears going back slightly. I wish I could have friends sooner.

Snap.

Sade stiffened, coming to a stop. Hear ear's twitched. The stick wasn't large enough to make a huge snap, but her strong ears caught it instantly. She was rather proud of her ears. They could pick up the slightest noise. And the slightest danger. "Ri," Sade mumbled. "Why don't you go pick some flowers." It wasn't a question, and she wouldn't be waiting for permission

Old January 17th, 2018, 08:37 PM
✶Stardust's Topaz✶

Bunga blinked at Atazi silently as she explained - Well, not really explained - about Lucifer. His head tilted, a frown tugging at his lips. "I don't understand.." He mumbled. What was so bad about Lucifer? And how did Kion know him? What was going on here? He just didn't know. He wanted to know. But so far his attempts at getting answers had only raised more questions. It annoyed Bunga to an extent, but Atazi's cold gaze kept him from asking any more questions.

Kiara stared at Atazi silently, eyebrows furrowing. So this... Lucifer was bad. Apparently very bad. Was he the reason Kion didn't like tigers, perhaps? But maybe it wasn't just the case of not liking them. Kion seemed scared. Kiara sighed, making a mental note to find out all she could about this tiger. She probably wouldn't get anything out of Kion. Maybe Claire. Her eyes flickered toward the other lioness cub, staring at her silently for a moment and managing to catch her gaze briefly, a clear question in her eyes, before she looked away again.

Kion just shook his head, his head lowering until his muzzle touched his paws. His tail flicked side to side, his gaze fixed ahead uncertainly, before his eyes trailed up to Claire's face. His head tilted toward Atazi when she spoke, suggesting a walk, and Kion's gaze snapped back to her. "No." He mumbled simply, ears flattening. He didn't want to leave Pride Rock. And he didn't really want to leave Claire. She wouldn't comfort him and she wouldn't press against him and tell him everything was okay, everything was going to be okay now, but just having her there in front of him was enough. It was the simple reminder that he wasn't alone in this, that Claire had been through just as much as him. And while she wasn't broken like he was, she certainly wasn't whole. And she was suffering through this as well, just in a different way. Glancing toward Bunga and Kiara, Kion took in a slow, deep breath and managed to pull himself together. The mask returned. The fear, uncertainty and shock left his gaze, and his mouth snapped shut, jaws locking together as he pushed himself back up. His shoulder remained stiff, but his fur slowly began to flatten, and his ears pricked up just faintly. His amber gaze flickered back up to Claire. He went silent, meeting her gaze, before speaking up. "So what about you?"

Claire's purple gaze didn't waver, or move from Kion's. Her tail tip flicked toward Kiara for a second as Atazi explained who Lucifer was, and her gaze finally moved, casting the Princess a look that told her she'd explain everything later. Then she turned her gaze back to Kion just in time to see him pulling himself together. She saw the effort it took to force that mask back up, to force all the emotion away, and she did nothing but stare. She wasn't going to reassure him. She wasn't like that, she didn't do the soft, mushy moments. But she silently encouraged him, her gaze sharp and fiery, pushing him to stand up, to summon what strength he had, to keep fighting. Because somebody had to. Claire gave a short, small nod to the golden cub when Kion finally managed to pull himself together completely. She had to admit he was strong. Sure he was broken, but there was a small spark of fire there. A will to fight. Claire's eyes flickered faintly, an unreadable emotion crossing her face when Kion spoke. "What about me?" She returned the question, giving a one-shouldered shrug as her ears flicked, tail lashing back and forth, brushing lightly against the ground. Her nose twitched, whiskers quivering faintly as she continued, "I don't know. Guess it's time to see what life's like beyond the Sabers."

Kion nodded slowly, tail flicking, a thoughtful look crossing his face as he stared at Claire. He saw the fear in her eyes that she wasn't trying to hide. Claire didn't do that, Claire didn't hide her emotions. That was more of a weakness to her than showing them, Kion knew. "If you want," Kion said carefully, glancing briefly toward Kiara for a second before looking at Claire again, "I'm sure my family wouldn't mind... But if you want, there's always a place for you here."

"I appreciate that."
Claire muttered simply, holding his gaze intently. The offer was kind, but Claire doubted she'd take it. Her place wasn't with a Pride. But then again, she didn't have a place anymore. She was nothing now. Nothing but a leaf blowing in the wind and she didn't know where she would land - And she didn't know if she wanted to land anywhere else. It was weird, how much she'd relied on what she'd done, being a slave, working for Lucifer, for the Sabers, but now, without it, Claire felt like she had no purpose. Like she'd done all she could. And yet she felt like she hadn't done enough. Like she should be doing something... Else. And that scared her more than anything. Claire didn't like change. She liked what she already knew. But, what she knew... Was gone.

Forever...

Old January 17th, 2018, 08:46 PM
✶Random Melody's Opal✶

(So, quick suggestion-)
(What if we roleplayed a universe where Lucifer didn't exist, somewhere in the future?)

Atazi nodded at Kion's answer and walked past him- making sure not to bump into anybody. "Alright. I'll just explore the Pridelands then." She answered with the same soft tone she had used to talk to Kion in that moment before her face hardened back to it's usual, angry expression. She jumped off of the rock, briefly meeting Bunga's gaze. In that moment, she expressed that she would explain to him if he wanted to follow her, before she dipped beneath the rock and headed through the grasses at a relatively slow pace, trying to calm herself down.

Sari's eyes sparked with brief fear, recognizing the look on Sade's face. She backed up and ran to a place hidden from the area, ducking into the bushes and hiding as best she could. Even though she was a cub, naive as she may be, Sari still had the primal instinct to hide when danger was near. Her gaze focused on Sade through the leaves, eyes wide and trembling faintly. What do I do if something bad happens? She thought, tucking her tail close to her and biting down on it gently to keep herself focused. I... should run to the big rock. There are lions there, they'll help- right? She bit down on her tail again, focusing on her adoptive sister.

♡♡♡

♡♡♡