Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Spring Egg Hunt 2024
Last post by Abyssopelagic
Today 07:43 AM
Rate the Avatar!
by blxze.
Last post by FruitBatz
Today 07:38 AM
Cattail Pond
by BEAR.
Last post by willooowfeather
Today 07:06 AM
Sketches by a plant
Last post by blxze.
Today 07:06 AM

Old March 7th, 2017, 06:26 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
Obsidian finished the small rodents with a satisfied expression and curled his tail around himself as though it would serve as a barrier between him and the she cat. At times he could act like a grumpy older cat...though he was far from old. In fact, Obsidian was quite a young cat, though he tried to make himself look older sometimes in order to avoid conversation such as the one that was going on now. He watched the she cat, his hues always studying her, head cocked slightly to the side as he did so as though he were trying to figure her out. He wasn't quite sure what to think of her. At first she had been friendly, then she had scolded him, now she was offering him shelter and going back to the friendly cat that he had met? Who is she? Obsidian wondered, his hues narrowing slightly and he turned his head away. His curiosity was getting the better of him and, although he fully meant to tell her he didn't want her shelter, he could feel his mind already changing. "Yeah, I could use a place to stay. Just for the night. I'll be moving on soon- I'm a traveler, I don't stay in one place for long." Obsidian mewed, his voice still halting and cautious, although there were the hints of anxiety and worry in them as well. He wasn't sure whether he should be allowing himself to do this. She's just being polite. She doesn't actually want you here, Obsidian thought to himself, trying to convince himself that she wasn't the cat he thought she just might be. He didn't know whether she was just being polite towards him so that he wouldn't actually attack her, or if she truly did want him to be there. He had yet to meet a cat who wanted his company. He wasn't the special cat in his former family. He wasn't a unique cat under any circumstances...and certainly not these, having run away and all.

Why was she being so nice to him? What did she want from him? He couldn't give it to her, whatever it was...he had been told multiple times he couldn't do anything right, and to be honest, he believed those words. How could he do anything right? In his opinion, he should never have been born. His life didn't matter. He was just another stray, another cat that twolegs wanted to wipe out, another cat that people hated more then anything else...they thought he was scum. "Wow. Sounds like you've had quite the past, then." He mewed, his eyes growing wide with surprise as she spoke about her past. His hues narrowed as he scanned her expression and stance for any signs of what she might be thinking. She's trying to be friendly. And hide something...why, does she think I'm going to make fun of her? I know a thing or two about being alone. And made fun of. I wouldn't do that. But she's sad, too...talking about everyone who's passed through here. Sounds like she misses them quite a bit. And tense- looks like there was some tension between a few, oh yeah, like she said. He hadn't thought that anyone would have been around so many cats. He knew he wouldn't be able to handle it, seeing so many strangers and then having them just move on. And now he was going to be just 'another one of those cats,' coming and moving on. He felt a sting of guilt, realizing that that probably wasn't the nicest thing for him to be doing. He wondered if she ever wished those cats had stayed there for longer. If she missed them, and wished she had moved on with them, or if she was glad that she had stayed here and continued to be someone who provided shelter for other travelers. It was a little hard to tell by looking at her, which was surprising...Obsidian was normally better at figuring out other cats' emotions.

Did she like being alone? Had she chosen it? Or had she been left here purposely, left behind by someone? I wonder what she thinks of me...Obsidian thought. This was something that he generally thought when other cats were speaking to him or asking him questions. She knew nothing of where he had come from. What it had been like, constantly overshadowed and confused...constantly being told he wasn't good enough. Constantly wondering whether he would ever get out of that place one day. His hues fixed themselves on Calia and he sighed, shifting his weight a little uncomfortably. Even now, he still wasn't sure what to think of her. He knew better then anyone else what a pretender could do, but she sounded so honest and hopeful when she was talking to him...what else could he think but that she was telling the truth?

Maybe she did care. He didn't know. I should tell her who I am. Well, my name, at least. She deserves to know that at the least. Obsidian thought to himself, and he glanced up at her again, curling his tail tighter around himself until it looked almost as though it were a snake about to squeeze him to death. "There's something I think you should know...since I'm going to stay here the night, if that's still okay..." Obsidian mewed, his voice a little less rough and guarded now. It was calmer, even softer...but not by much. "Obsidian. My name, I mean, it's...Obsidian." He mewed, averting his hues from her now. He glanced down at his paws, unsheathing and sheathing his claws, digging them into the dirt and watching them slice through it easily. Memories came flooding back to the tom, although he tried to block them out the best he could.

He could only hope that he wasn't making a grave mistake by staying here.
[ im so sorry i feel so bad its been ages im so so sorry ]
[ this is so short and bad but i felt like i had to get something in here]
[ i should be back to normal rp by this weekend tho - heh, busy days ]

Calia offered the tomcat a warm smile as he shared his name, something she had been incredibly curious about beforehand. With a soft, gentle tone of voice, she responded, ``You have a beautiful name. My former housefolk gave me my name, but I don't know why,`` She shook her head at this, a kit-like wonder adopting the features of her face as she looked off into space. Why Calia? Why not.. Jenny or Apples? Why Calia? These were the thoughts that crossed her mind. Her name could've been anything but Calia, but her name was Calia, and she didn't know why. When her thoughts ended, when she remembered she had company, she returned to reality with a weak smile. ``Interesting stuff, y'know - names, I mean.``

``Listen, I know you must be highly uncomfortable... and you probably don't trust me, but I assure you I only want to help you. Even if you'll only be here for one night. My job as a cat is to shelter travelers like yourself, tend to their wounds and offer them food and water. I'm supposed to strengthen them before they continue with their journey, and honestly, it makes me feel good. So, please, let me help you,`` Calia's tone was soft like a mother talking to her kit. She was basically pleading with Obsidian, her vibrant blue eyes gleaming with persistence as she leaned forward slightly to place emphasis on her point.

She kept silent on the aftermath. When Obsidian left, Calia would be depressed. But she never let her company know of the following sadness, as their time with her should be cheerful and pleasant. So she would bottle up her emotions until she was alone, when she'd let them explode. She began to support her case, determined to persuade Obsidian into letting her help. ``I can make you a nest - in fact, there are some old ones by that old bridge over there, but I can freshen one of them up for you! There's plants everywhere, including moss. And as for prey, I store lots of fresh-kill for the cold seasons, and I'm willing to share. And I can even hunt for you while you rest - surely you're exhausted from your journeys? Oh, you're muscles must be aching! I can help you with that - I love herbs just as much as I know them and their functions. I can ease any aches, cure any injury, and kill any illness! Okay, not really, but I know the basic herbs. I plant them in this garden, though the frost is making it difficult to keep them alive. And water! There's that little pool there, by the bridge. It's slightly frozen over, but the ice breaks easily, and it keeps the water cold and fresh. I can take care of you here, until you leave.``
Old March 8th, 2017, 10:13 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
[ im so sorry i feel so bad its been ages im so so sorry ]

[ this is so short and bad but i felt like i had to get something in here]
[ i should be back to normal rp by this weekend tho - heh, busy days ]

Calia offered the tomcat a warm smile as he shared his name, something she had been incredibly curious about beforehand. With a soft, gentle tone of voice, she responded, ``You have a beautiful name. My former housefolk gave me my name, but I don't know why,`` She shook her head at this, a kit-like wonder adopting the features of her face as she looked off into space. Why Calia? Why not.. Jenny or Apples? Why Calia? These were the thoughts that crossed her mind. Her name could've been anything but Calia, but her name was Calia, and she didn't know why. When her thoughts ended, when she remembered she had company, she returned to reality with a weak smile. ``Interesting stuff, y'know - names, I mean.``

``Listen, I know you must be highly uncomfortable... and you probably don't trust me, but I assure you I only want to help you. Even if you'll only be here for one night. My job as a cat is to shelter travelers like yourself, tend to their wounds and offer them food and water. I'm supposed to strengthen them before they continue with their journey, and honestly, it makes me feel good. So, please, let me help you,`` Calia's tone was soft like a mother talking to her kit. She was basically pleading with Obsidian, her vibrant blue eyes gleaming with persistence as she leaned forward slightly to place emphasis on her point.

She kept silent on the aftermath. When Obsidian left, Calia would be depressed. But she never let her company know of the following sadness, as their time with her should be cheerful and pleasant. So she would bottle up her emotions until she was alone, when she'd let them explode. She began to support her case, determined to persuade Obsidian into letting her help. ``I can make you a nest - in fact, there are some old ones by that old bridge over there, but I can freshen one of them up for you! There's plants everywhere, including moss. And as for prey, I store lots of fresh-kill for the cold seasons, and I'm willing to share. And I can even hunt for you while you rest - surely you're exhausted from your journeys? Oh, you're muscles must be aching! I can help you with that - I love herbs just as much as I know them and their functions. I can ease any aches, cure any injury, and kill any illness! Okay, not really, but I know the basic herbs. I plant them in this garden, though the frost is making it difficult to keep them alive. And water! There's that little pool there, by the bridge. It's slightly frozen over, but the ice breaks easily, and it keeps the water cold and fresh. I can take care of you here, until you leave.``
{No worries! It's great, I'm just happy to see you ^^
Plot for Calia- she goes to TC and becomes Med Cat xD
Btw Obsidian's going to be going to the DS at some point, for a little while...and start traveling back and forth between here and there. He's not really going to be a member, he's just going to literally 'show up...' and he's going to meet Jinx there at some point, so that's when he and Augustus could meet too}

Obsidian's ears perked up at the she cat's words and he cocked his head to the side. No one ever complimented him on his name. Weird, yes. Creepy, yes. Unusual...sometimes, but he wasn't quite sure whether it was a compliment or an insult. A beautiful name. Obsidian slowly relaxed more, allowing himself to let his guard down for a moment. Just a moment-- it wasn't a long time, but it was enough to show her that he wasn't always so disagreeable. He could be better. It would just take a lot of work and a long, long time. He thought for a moment, and then a rare smile crept up onto his features. "Have you ever seen a calia lily?" He asked suddenly, wondering where she had gotten her own name from and if she had given it to herself, remembering the different colored flowers that had sprinkled the flowerbed back at his own home.

They were very pretty. Perhaps her Mother-- or housefolk-- had named her after that particular flower. "Yeah, very interesting. My brother gets a normal, show cat name-- and I get Obsidian. Wonder why." He mewed bitterly, tensing up once more and his guard slipped back up as he went to hide behind it. His brother was a show cat-- and an annoying one at that. He couldn't stand the tom, and he wondered if things were ever going to be right between them. After all, it couldn't be easy for him, living on his own surrounded by those starlets in the cat world...toms who looked like they were worth a million dollars...and then there had been the clumsy, hopeful kitten who had been there all along.

Obsidian remembered that kitten. Mainly because it had been very close to him-- might have even been known as a part of him. That kitten was gone now. It had left along with Obsidian, but the tom hadn't seen it since. It must have left once his collar was taken off. He glanced at the she cat for a moment, watching her as she spoke earnestly, desperately...as though she wanted this more then anything else right now. "Okay, look-- Calia, wasn't it? I don't accept help from strangers." He growled low in his throat before stopping. She was only trying to help. There was no need to be so rude. He needed to calm down before she decided he was a nuisance and kicked him out.

Although he was sure he'd easily be able to beat her. "Then again...if it's not a bother to you, I may stay here for a little while. Once you are no longer a stranger...I will allow you to h- Oh forget it, just go ahead." He mewed. He didn't need to stay here longer then needed, and he was glad that she was willing to help so he could continue onwards. He didn't think about the fact his sudden change of mind might hurt the she cat's feelings. Nor did he think about the fact that she might need a second to process all that had just happened-- or something like that. He took a couple of pawsteps towards her, glancing at her anxiously before stopping. That was as close as he would get for the moment being.

He listened to everything she said, amusement showing in his hues before he chuckled slightly, and although his hues were lit up with laughter, there was no evidence of it in any of his other features. His muscles remained just as tense, and he didn't smile. "Alright. You can help, but I really need to get on my way in a couple days." He mewed, glancing around at the area. He knew it was easy to get attached in a couple of days-- it had happened to him more times then he could count-- but then again, it was hard at the same time. Only if you allowed yourself to grow attached would it actually work. Perhaps I'll come back here sometime, he thought as he glanced around the attractive little area.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 11th, 2017, 12:23 AM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
{No worries! It's great, I'm just happy to see you ^^
Plot for Calia- she goes to TC and becomes Med Cat xD
Btw Obsidian's going to be going to the DS at some point, for a little while...and start traveling back and forth between here and there. He's not really going to be a member, he's just going to literally 'show up...' and he's going to meet Jinx there at some point, so that's when he and Augustus could meet too}

Obsidian's ears perked up at the she cat's words and he cocked his head to the side. No one ever complimented him on his name. Weird, yes. Creepy, yes. Unusual...sometimes, but he wasn't quite sure whether it was a compliment or an insult. A beautiful name. Obsidian slowly relaxed more, allowing himself to let his guard down for a moment. Just a moment-- it wasn't a long time, but it was enough to show her that he wasn't always so disagreeable. He could be better. It would just take a lot of work and a long, long time. He thought for a moment, and then a rare smile crept up onto his features. "Have you ever seen a calia lily?" He asked suddenly, wondering where she had gotten her own name from and if she had given it to herself, remembering the different colored flowers that had sprinkled the flowerbed back at his own home.

They were very pretty. Perhaps her Mother-- or housefolk-- had named her after that particular flower. "Yeah, very interesting. My brother gets a normal, show cat name-- and I get Obsidian. Wonder why." He mewed bitterly, tensing up once more and his guard slipped back up as he went to hide behind it. His brother was a show cat-- and an annoying one at that. He couldn't stand the tom, and he wondered if things were ever going to be right between them. After all, it couldn't be easy for him, living on his own surrounded by those starlets in the cat world...toms who looked like they were worth a million dollars...and then there had been the clumsy, hopeful kitten who had been there all along.

Obsidian remembered that kitten. Mainly because it had been very close to him-- might have even been known as a part of him. That kitten was gone now. It had left along with Obsidian, but the tom hadn't seen it since. It must have left once his collar was taken off. He glanced at the she cat for a moment, watching her as she spoke earnestly, desperately...as though she wanted this more then anything else right now. "Okay, look-- Calia, wasn't it? I don't accept help from strangers." He growled low in his throat before stopping. She was only trying to help. There was no need to be so rude. He needed to calm down before she decided he was a nuisance and kicked him out.

Although he was sure he'd easily be able to beat her. "Then again...if it's not a bother to you, I may stay here for a little while. Once you are no longer a stranger...I will allow you to h- Oh forget it, just go ahead." He mewed. He didn't need to stay here longer then needed, and he was glad that she was willing to help so he could continue onwards. He didn't think about the fact his sudden change of mind might hurt the she cat's feelings. Nor did he think about the fact that she might need a second to process all that had just happened-- or something like that. He took a couple of pawsteps towards her, glancing at her anxiously before stopping. That was as close as he would get for the moment being.

He listened to everything she said, amusement showing in his hues before he chuckled slightly, and although his hues were lit up with laughter, there was no evidence of it in any of his other features. His muscles remained just as tense, and he didn't smile. "Alright. You can help, but I really need to get on my way in a couple days." He mewed, glancing around at the area. He knew it was easy to get attached in a couple of days-- it had happened to him more times then he could count-- but then again, it was hard at the same time. Only if you allowed yourself to grow attached would it actually work. Perhaps I'll come back here sometime, he thought as he glanced around the attractive little area.
[ ohmygosh i was actually considering doing that, but i didn't wanna destroy obsidianXcalia cx ]
[ Ooh gosh cant wait for that obsidian&augustus meeting ]

Whenever Obsidian spoke in between her, she would look at him with an ounce of hurt as he turned her away. And when he sent her a low growl, she flinched. She just hated violence such as physical and verbal attacks, as well as those aggressive sounds like a snarl. She wasn't a fighter, Calia was a lover. She could tend to your wounds, and murmur comforting words to you, but she could not, would not, resort to any kind of violence. I'm a lover, but Obsidian doesn't seem to understand that, she thought sadly, frustration causing a tingle to run along her forearm. She knew he was untrusting of her, and though she was completely used to aloof cats, they always brought irritation to her. She simply couldn't understand why they refused to trust her, but she adjusted to their ways after a few hours.

Calia frowned slightly when he mentioned his departure. They always left, resulting in her usual bout of depression until the next traveler found her. She discreetly shook her head, clearing her mind of the haunting thoughts. ``Of course,`` she agreed, respectfully dipping her head, ``completely understandable.`` Her vibrant blue eyes gleamed with the same emotion that was in her tone - respect. She stood tall, displaying her neck to everyone, and, for once, her collar was noticeable. Wrapped around her neck was a thin, clear, sparkly, dark blue ribbon. It was tied in a large bow, but it sorta flopped due to it's material. Normally, it didn't bother her, but there were times where she felt an itch in the neck area. Now was one of those times.

Casting a brief smile towards Obsidian, she rocked back on her haunches and brought her hind paw to her neck. Swiftly, she began to scratch at that itch, releasing low, quiet purrs at the pleasant feeling. She stretched her head further, allowing her foot a clear opening to her neck. Finally, when Calia was satisfied with her work, she pulled her foot away, returning to a sitting position. Her thick, long-haired ginger pelt sparkled golden in the sunlight, and her bright blue eyes seemed ten times as bright. Her bushy tail was curled at her side, lying over her forepaws which were tucked close to her torso. With a nervous giggle, Calia explained, ``I get an itch sometimes.``

``Anyway, regarding your stay...`` Calia's tone was light, and layered with kindness. She displayed a genuine smile on her muzzle, and her head was tilted slightly to the side in it's normal position. Her ears and whiskers would twitch every now and then due to the abundance of distracting scents and sounds. ``Your nest is by mine, if that's okay? Right beneath that bridge there, but we can move it if the arrangement makes you uncomfortable. Many travelers who pass through here prefer the nest to be moved. I just find that the bridge offers great protection from, say, the rain or snow. I'll also clean the nest up - I haven't had any companions in ages! Haha, for some reason, I built the nest, but nobody's stayed in it. I guess I built it automatically. I'm rambling; I'm sorry - I tend to do that. And there's a small stream over there, I believe I already mentioned it.`` Cue the anxious laugh. ``I've also got a clump of fresh-kill right next to my nest under the bridge, for whenever you're interested. I try to keep it stocked up, but because of the cold seasons... At the moment, I think I only have a scrawny water vole or two. And, as for the twoleg nest, don't worry about it. The twolegs who live there aren't here very often - I've only seen them once, and I've been here for a couple moons. However, there's a twoleg who does come here every now and then, but he's only here to tend to the garden. That twoleg isn't any harm, though. He brings food with him sometimes, for me. He hasn't been trouble at all, so if he happens to appear here, don't worry about him. He's completely harmless!``

Shifting slightly, Calia blinked against the sunlight and gathered her breath. She rolled her shoulders, and flexed her toes, internally moaning at the satisfaction that came with the movement. ``Do you have any questions, or concerns? I want to do whatever I can to make your stay here as comfortable as possible!`` Her blue eyes held a kit-like innocence, innocence she wasn't even aware she was showing. Calia was a genuinely innocent, friendly molly with a tendency to risk herself for others. She truly was a lover.
Old March 11th, 2017, 01:01 AM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
[ ohmygosh i was actually considering doing that, but i didn't wanna destroy obsidianXcalia cx ]

[ Ooh gosh cant wait for that obsidian&augustus meeting ]

Whenever Obsidian spoke in between her, she would look at him with an ounce of hurt as he turned her away. And when he sent her a low growl, she flinched. She just hated violence such as physical and verbal attacks, as well as those aggressive sounds like a snarl. She wasn't a fighter, Calia was a lover. She could tend to your wounds, and murmur comforting words to you, but she could not, would not, resort to any kind of violence. I'm a lover, but Obsidian doesn't seem to understand that, she thought sadly, frustration causing a tingle to run along her forearm. She knew he was untrusting of her, and though she was completely used to aloof cats, they always brought irritation to her. She simply couldn't understand why they refused to trust her, but she adjusted to their ways after a few hours.

Calia frowned slightly when he mentioned his departure. They always left, resulting in her usual bout of depression until the next traveler found her. She discreetly shook her head, clearing her mind of the haunting thoughts. ``Of course,`` she agreed, respectfully dipping her head, ``completely understandable.`` Her vibrant blue eyes gleamed with the same emotion that was in her tone - respect. She stood tall, displaying her neck to everyone, and, for once, her collar was noticeable. Wrapped around her neck was a thin, clear, sparkly, dark blue ribbon. It was tied in a large bow, but it sorta flopped due to it's material. Normally, it didn't bother her, but there were times where she felt an itch in the neck area. Now was one of those times.

Casting a brief smile towards Obsidian, she rocked back on her haunches and brought her hind paw to her neck. Swiftly, she began to scratch at that itch, releasing low, quiet purrs at the pleasant feeling. She stretched her head further, allowing her foot a clear opening to her neck. Finally, when Calia was satisfied with her work, she pulled her foot away, returning to a sitting position. Her thick, long-haired ginger pelt sparkled golden in the sunlight, and her bright blue eyes seemed ten times as bright. Her bushy tail was curled at her side, lying over her forepaws which were tucked close to her torso. With a nervous giggle, Calia explained, ``I get an itch sometimes.``

``Anyway, regarding your stay...`` Calia's tone was light, and layered with kindness. She displayed a genuine smile on her muzzle, and her head was tilted slightly to the side in it's normal position. Her ears and whiskers would twitch every now and then due to the abundance of distracting scents and sounds. ``Your nest is by mine, if that's okay? Right beneath that bridge there, but we can move it if the arrangement makes you uncomfortable. Many travelers who pass through here prefer the nest to be moved. I just find that the bridge offers great protection from, say, the rain or snow. I'll also clean the nest up - I haven't had any companions in ages! Haha, for some reason, I built the nest, but nobody's stayed in it. I guess I built it automatically. I'm rambling; I'm sorry - I tend to do that. And there's a small stream over there, I believe I already mentioned it.`` Cue the anxious laugh. ``I've also got a clump of fresh-kill right next to my nest under the bridge, for whenever you're interested. I try to keep it stocked up, but because of the cold seasons... At the moment, I think I only have a scrawny water vole or two. And, as for the twoleg nest, don't worry about it. The twolegs who live there aren't here very often - I've only seen them once, and I've been here for a couple moons. However, there's a twoleg who does come here every now and then, but he's only here to tend to the garden. That twoleg isn't any harm, though. He brings food with him sometimes, for me. He hasn't been trouble at all, so if he happens to appear here, don't worry about him. He's completely harmless!``

Shifting slightly, Calia blinked against the sunlight and gathered her breath. She rolled her shoulders, and flexed her toes, internally moaning at the satisfaction that came with the movement. ``Do you have any questions, or concerns? I want to do whatever I can to make your stay here as comfortable as possible!`` Her blue eyes held a kit-like innocence, innocence she wasn't even aware she was showing. Calia was a genuinely innocent, friendly molly with a tendency to risk herself for others. She truly was a lover.
The black tom could see the pain that showed in her eyes-- though it was barely noticeable-- every time he spoke to her. What was he doing wrong? He was trying to do something right for once, trying to keep himself shut off like he was supposed to...but all he seemed to be doing was causing more and more pain for everyone else. It seemed as though the misfit really couldn't do anything right. He didn't understand why she thought he might want to be friends... friends only left you in the end, betrayed you...went on to become famous while you were reduced to this. He thought bitterly, feeling a sharp sting of anger pick at his chest-- or his heart.
Obsidian preferred to think of himself as being without a heart. Without love. Though he knew that simply wasn't true, and it wasn't going to end up that way, which bothered him. How come, in all the horrible moons that he had been alive-- though they weren't all bad, he thought with a short smile-- how come in all that time, he had never thought to just lock himself away from the world? Though he'd been pretty close to it in that place. Fame had really changed the cat he was thinking of. The cat he thought he knew. His refusal to trust centered around his desperation to keep himself from being betrayed again...to keep that kind of hurt out of his heart.
Out of his life. Out of anything and everything that might cross his path. But Calia was such a good natured cat...it was hard for him to keep himself blocked off from her. He was going to really have to watch it, or he would end up with a connection that he didn't want at all. Unwanted connections were the absolute worst, and the kind that seemed to have the worst attraction to Obsidian. So many unwanted connections in his life. So many heartaches...and heartbreaks. Too many, in his opinion. Far too many for him to continue on for very long, though he would try his best. And he was on his way to a place that he knew would work better for him. To a place where, though there were a lot of cats, he would be free-- free from heartbreak.

Because the cats there didn't seem to have hearts either, not as far as he knew. Oh he wouldn't tie himself down to a singular cat there, nor to the group as a whole. He would look around. Scope out the area. Make sure that it was a place that deserved loyalty before he made a true decision...that was the best thing to do, wasn't it? "Thank you for your understanding." He mewed, lowering his head in respect of the she cat's response. He was somewhat surprised at her indifference to his mention of leaving...though perhaps she had to be that way. Perhaps she wanted to. Maybe it was her way of keeping herself from getting hurt, just as staying away from other cats and keeping himself guarded was Obsidian's way of not getting hurt. And he appreciated it. She had the brightest eyes of any cat Obsidian had ever seen, and they made him slightly uncomfortable.
Perhaps it was the life that was held within them...how did she manage to look so sweet, innocent, kit like, and yet like a mother or a cat who would take on anything who threatened to hurt her loved ones at the same time? Though from what he had seen, he sincerely doubted it. The scolding tone of voice she had first used was still stuck in his head, and he would remember it for a good, long while. How had she done that? It had been so calm, and yet commanding at the same time...and had made him feel like a kitten being scolded for clawing the curtains or scratching up the furniture again. A shudder went down Obsidian's spine at the thought of those horror filled days that had been preparing him for the spotlight-- the spotlight he never got. And in a way, it was a blessing that he hadn't gotten the spotlight focused onto him.
He had seen what it could do to a cat, first hand. A horrifying experience, really. He noticed, for the first time, the bow that was tied around her neck, and how she was struggling to undo it, then explained about the itch. Oh, an itch. Not trying to get it off. He thought, re-evaluating his already calculating mind. "Well, if you would like, I've dealt with a couple of those-- I could help you get it off. Might make it easier to get to that itch." He offered, and then stopped. A bow. Just a bow. Getting a bow off. No problem, right? He'd done it before with dozens of cats, there was no way that it would let him make connections he didn't want. Not unless he let it get to his head, mess with his mind, make him believe an untruth...none of which he would let it do. He waited for her approval anyways, not wanting to make things awkward.

This cat was offering him shelter, food, water, and safety-- the least he could do was offer to take a measly bow off her neck. He listened carefully to all that she was saying, never taking his watching hues off of her, never once pretending that he wasn't listening. All the time paying attention. All the time careful not to allow himself to get sidetracked in her words, and her voice.
It was so soft. It reminded him of another cat-- betrayal. And hurt. When she mentioned a twoleg, Obsidian's whole body tensed and he looked as though he were going to leave right that second before she moved on, and he breathed a sigh of relief. "Hm? Oh-- no! No questions. Just-- you're sure that twoleg doesn't mean any harm? Twolegs are peculiar creatures, and they change their minds so easily..." He mewed, his voice trailing off as he looked up at the sky.
Yes, twolegs certainly were strange creatures. How could they be so fickle? Once Obsidian made a decision, he stuck to it. And he had already decided he was moving on from here, already decided he wasn't going to allow himself to get attached to the she cat, already decided that he didn't want anything to do with that twoleg. Or whatever food he might bring. Not to mention he had already decided that, whatever it was, it was going to be poisoned. And he needed to avoid it. Calia should avoid it too, but he didn't control the ginger female-- just himself. He glanced at the she cat almost nervously, awkwardly, remembering his offer from earlier and wondering if she wanted to take him up on it. It had certainly been a strange one for him to make, considering his earlier attitude.

{I had an ideaaa...so what if Obsidian ends up staying longer then he meant to, not on purpose but he sort of loses track of time and then they start to have feelings for each other before he realizes he's getting attached and is like 'well I guess I'll be moving on now' and she's upset cause she thought he might stay, but he shrugs it off like it's no big deal and is like 'I told you I was leaving in the first place' and goes to the DS, but keeps feeling bad and eventually thinks she might be in trouble *up to you whether you want that to be true or not* and so goes back... and we can see what happens xD}

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by BEAR.; March 14th, 2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old March 13th, 2017, 09:29 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
The black tom could see the pain that showed in her eyes-- though it was barely noticeable-- every time he spoke to her. What was he doing wrong? He was trying to do something right for once, trying to keep himself shut off like he was supposed to...but all he seemed to be doing was causing more and more pain for everyone else. It seemed as though the misfit really couldn't do anything right. He didn't understand why she thought he might want to be friends... friends only left you in the end, betrayed you...went on to become famous while you were reduced to this. He thought bitterly, feeling a sharp sting of anger pick at his chest-- or his heart.
Obsidian preferred to think of himself as being without a heart. Without love. Though he knew that simply wasn't true, and it wasn't going to end up that way, which bothered him. How come, in all the horrible moons that he had been alive-- though they weren't all bad, he thought with a short smile-- how come in all that time, he had never thought to just lock himself away from the world? Though he'd been pretty close to it in that place. Fame had really changed the cat he was thinking of. The cat he thought he knew. His refusal to trust centered around his desperation to keep himself from being betrayed again...to keep that kind of hurt out of his heart.
Out of his life. Out of anything and everything that might cross his path. But Calia was such a good natured cat...it was hard for him to keep himself blocked off from her. He was going to really have to watch it, or he would end up with a connection that he didn't want at all. Unwanted connections were the absolute worst, and the kind that seemed to have the worst attraction to Obsidian. So many unwanted connections in his life. So many heartaches...and heartbreaks. Too many, in his opinion. Far too many for him to continue on for very long, though he would try his best. And he was on his way to a place that he knew would work better for him. To a place where, though there were a lot of cats, he would be free-- free from heartbreak.

Because the cats there didn't seem to have hearts either, not as far as he knew. Oh he wouldn't tie himself down to a singular cat there, nor to the group as a whole. He would look around. Scope out the area. Make sure that it was a place that deserved loyalty before he made a true decision...that was the best thing to do, wasn't it? "Thank you for your understanding." He mewed, lowering his head in respect of the she cat's response. He was somewhat surprised at her indifference to his mention of leaving...though perhaps she had to be that way. Perhaps she wanted to. Maybe it was her way of keeping herself from getting hurt, just as staying away from other cats and keeping himself guarded was Obsidian's way of not getting hurt. And he appreciated it. She had the brightest eyes of any cat Obsidian had ever seen, and they made him slightly uncomfortable.
Perhaps it was the life that was held within them...how did she manage to look so sweet, innocent, kit like, and yet like a mother or a cat who would take on anything who threatened to hurt her loved ones at the same time? Though from what he had seen, he sincerely doubted it. The scolding tone of voice she had first used was still stuck in his head, and he would remember it for a good, long while. How had she done that? It had been so calm, and yet commanding at the same time...and had made him feel like a kitten being scolded for clawing the curtains or scratching up the furniture again. A shudder went down Obsidian's spine at the thought of those horror filled days that had been preparing him for the spotlight-- the spotlight he never got. And in a way, it was a blessing that he hadn't gotten the spotlight focused onto him.
He had seen what it could do to a cat, first hand. A horrifying experience, really. He noticed, for the first time, the bow that was tied around her neck, and how she was struggling to undo it, then explained about the itch. Oh, an itch. Not trying to get it off. He thought, re-evaluating his already calculating mind. "Well, if you would like, I've dealt with a couple of those-- I could help you get it off. Might make it easier to get to that itch." He offered, and then stopped. A bow. Just a bow. Getting a bow off. No problem, right? He'd done it before with dozens of cats, there was no way that it would let him make connections he didn't want. Not unless he let it get to his head, mess with his mind, make him believe an untruth...none of which he would let it do. He waited for her approval anyways, not wanting to make things awkward.

This cat was offering him shelter, food, water, and safety-- the least he could do was offer to take a measly bow off her neck. He listened carefully to all that she was saying, never taking his watching hues off of her, never once pretending that he wasn't listening. All the time paying attention. All the time careful not to allow himself to get sidetracked in her words, and her voice.
It was so soft. It reminded him of another cat-- betrayal. And hurt. When she mentioned a twoleg, Obsidian's whole body tensed and he looked as though he were going to leave right that second before she moved on, and he breathed a sigh of relief. "Hm? Oh-- no! No questions. Just-- you're sure that twoleg doesn't mean any harm? Twolegs are peculiar creatures, and they change their minds so easily..." He mewed, his voice trailing off as he looked up at the sky.
Yes, twolegs certainly were strange creatures. How could they be so fickle? Once Obsidian made a decision, he stuck to it. And he had already decided he was moving on from here, already decided he wasn't going to allow himself to get attached to the she cat, already decided that he didn't want anything to do with that twoleg. Or whatever food he might bring. Not to mention he had already decided that, whatever it was, it was going to be poisoned. And he needed to avoid it. Calia should avoid it too, but he didn't control the ginger female-- just himself. He glanced at the she cat almost nervously, awkwardly, remembering his offer from earlier and wondering if she wanted to take him up on it. It had certainly been a strange one for him to make, considering his earlier attitude.

{I had an ideaaa...so what if Obsidian ends up staying longer then he meant to, not on purpose but he sort of loses track of time and then they start to have feelings for each other before he realizes he's getting attached and is like 'well I guess I'll be moving on now' and she's upset cause she thought he might stay, but he shrugs it off like it's no big deal and is like 'I told you I was leaving in the first place' and goes to the DS, but keeps feeling bad and eventually thinks she might be in trouble *up to you whether you want that to be true or not* and so goes back... and we can see what happens xD}
[ yas! that's a great idea! maybe when Obsidian comes back, the twoleg could be trying to take her away? or she's fighting a badger or a fox or something ]

Calia found Obsidian's comment on twolegs to be biased. Clearly, both her and him had different experiences with twolegs, but she understood everybody had their own opinion. It simply happened that the two had completely separate opinions on twolegs. She kept her disagreement hidden, refusing to reveal any negativity she owned. Despite her mental negative reaction towards Obsidian's comment, she answered with a bright, ``Oh, don't you worry about the twoleg. I assure you he's no trouble.``

She was reminded of the blue ribbon that was wrapped around her throat, and she flashed Obsidian a kind smile and a soft shake of her head. ``No, no - there's no need. It just gets itchy sometimes,`` She meowed reassuringly. She wouldn't want to make him uneasy, taking her ribbon off. She knew closeness could result in an uncomfortable mood, and based off Obsidian's reserved nature, he would find the closeness uncomfortable ``Maybe I'll tell you the story behind it one day- er, later, I mean.`` Calia chuckled nervously, anxiously shuffling her paws at her obvious mistake. ``I'm sorry. No pressure.`` She didn't want to add weight to the tomcat's shoulders, pressuring him to stay by playing the guilt card. She was incredibly selfless, and even if she loved Obsidian like a brother, she would let him leave if that was what he wished. She would not hold him back.

She subconsciously shook out her pelt, her long fur stormily moving with the excessive shaking. The thick fur around her neck, like a lion's mane, barely moved it was so thick. She finally stopped, flicking her ears and twitching her whiskers. ``Do you have any wounds you need to be treated?`` Cautiously, she stepped closer to him, stretching out her muzzle, her nose twitching as she sniffed for any signs of injuries. As she did this, she kept her eye on him, looking out for a sign of uneasiness. She didn't want him to be uncomfortable, and if he disliked their closeness, she would willingly step back. Calia simply wanted to make sure Obsidian was okay.

Last edited by BEAR.; March 14th, 2017 at 11:52 AM.
Old March 14th, 2017, 10:51 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
[ yas! that's a great idea! maybe when Obsidian comes back, the twoleg could be trying to take her away? or she's fighting a badger or a fox or something ]

Calia found Obsidian's comment on twolegs to be biased. Clearly, both her and him had different experiences with twolegs, but she understood everybody had their own opinion. It simply happened that the two had completely separate opinions on twolegs. She kept her disagreement hidden, refusing to reveal any negativity she owned. Despite her mental negative reaction towards Obsidian's comment, she answered with a bright, ``Oh, don't you worry about the twoleg. I assure you he's no trouble.``

She was reminded of the blue ribbon that was wrapped around her throat, and she flashed Obsidian a kind smile and a soft shake of her head. ``No, no - there's no need. It just gets itchy sometimes,`` She meowed reassuringly. She wouldn't want to make him uneasy, taking her ribbon off. She knew closeness could result in an uncomfortable mood, and based off Obsidian's reserved nature, he would find the closeness uncomfortable ``Maybe I'll tell you the story behind it one day- er, later, I mean.`` Calia chuckled nervously, anxiously shuffling her paws at her obvious mistake. ``I'm sorry. No pressure.`` She didn't want to add weight to the tomcat's shoulders, pressuring him to stay by playing the guilt card. She was incredibly selfless, and even if she loved Obsidian like a brother, she would let him leave if that was what he wished. She would not hold him back.

She subconsciously shook out her pelt, her long fur stormily moving with the excessive shaking. The thick fur around her neck, like a lion's mane, barely moved it was so thick. She finally stopped, flicking her ears and twitching her whiskers. ``Do you have any wounds you need to be treated?`` Cautiously, she stepped closer to him, stretching out her muzzle, her nose twitching as she sniffed for any signs of injuries. As she did this, she kept her eye on him, looking out for a sign of uneasiness. She didn't want him to be uncomfortable, and if he disliked their closeness, she would willingly step back. Calia simply wanted to make sure Obsidian was okay.

{We can message more about it and work out some details if you would like ^^}
The black furred tom looked a little skeptical at her remark on the twoleg, but shrugged it off after a moment. If this cat had been living there for that long without trouble, he figured he should go by her word. After all, her word should be good enough. At least, the word of a cat who had lived here for most of her life. That was the word he was going on, not necessarily Calia's alone. The tip of his tail flicked like a switch, but after a moment he sighed and gave her an almost angry look-- though not quite. He didn't want that cat who had acted-- strangely-- like a Mother to return. A shudder went down his spine for a moment before he finally was able to meet Calia's gaze. "If you say so. But twolegs have never been a fan of me-- black cats, bad luck. In their minds." He shrugged halfheartedly as though he'd heard the words a million times. Black cats, bad luck. Again and again those four words seemed to replay in his head.

And he hated them. It was all superstition, and yet he was the one suffering for people's ignorance. It was nothing but a myth, and yet his brother had lived in the very height of fashion while he was forced to become this. Fun, right? He glanced at the ribbon again, noting that it appeared that it was choking her. Nervous-- she doesn't want to take my time-- tight, too, and bright-- pretty color-- why's it look like that? He thought, cocking his head to one side. Obsidian's thoughts were arranging themselves into an orderly fashion, and he felt as though he owed her at least something.

"You sure? It's really no trouble-- it would be the least I can do." He mewed in the friendliest tone he had yet used. He understood that it might be unnecessary to do so, but even if it was... at least he would be helping. Obsidian hated the thought of being 'useless;' and he was determined to prove that he wasn't. To everyone. Even Calia, if he needed to...though he was hoping things wouldn't come to that, hoping that the she cat would be more of the understanding type...and from what he had seen, she was. It was one of the things that made him feel more comfortable. Her next words sent a chill down his spine. No pressure. Words he had heard, but that were very rarely meant.

If you don't want someone to feel pressured, why tell them there's no pressure? Just don't mention it. Obsidian thought, the tip of his tail twitching back and forth, back and forth until it looked as though the tip were going to fall off from how quickly he was switching it in that manner. Obsidian swallowed lightly, trying to act as though he were perfectly fine-- he really wasn't, however. It was a rare occasion when he was actually fine. "Not that I know of, no," He mewed, stepping away from her. There was no bodily sign that he was uncomfortable; just his eyes flitting back and forth showed that perhaps he would be more at ease with distance. He didn't say anything else. Obsidian was not a cat that, once a situation got awkward, he tried to salvage conversation-- just the opposite, as a matter of fact.

Old March 16th, 2017, 07:23 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
{We can message more about it and work out some details if you would like ^^}
The black furred tom looked a little skeptical at her remark on the twoleg, but shrugged it off after a moment. If this cat had been living there for that long without trouble, he figured he should go by her word. After all, her word should be good enough. At least, the word of a cat who had lived here for most of her life. That was the word he was going on, not necessarily Calia's alone. The tip of his tail flicked like a switch, but after a moment he sighed and gave her an almost angry look-- though not quite. He didn't want that cat who had acted-- strangely-- like a Mother to return. A shudder went down his spine for a moment before he finally was able to meet Calia's gaze. "If you say so. But twolegs have never been a fan of me-- black cats, bad luck. In their minds." He shrugged halfheartedly as though he'd heard the words a million times. Black cats, bad luck. Again and again those four words seemed to replay in his head.

And he hated them. It was all superstition, and yet he was the one suffering for people's ignorance. It was nothing but a myth, and yet his brother had lived in the very height of fashion while he was forced to become this. Fun, right? He glanced at the ribbon again, noting that it appeared that it was choking her. Nervous-- she doesn't want to take my time-- tight, too, and bright-- pretty color-- why's it look like that? He thought, cocking his head to one side. Obsidian's thoughts were arranging themselves into an orderly fashion, and he felt as though he owed her at least something.

"You sure? It's really no trouble-- it would be the least I can do." He mewed in the friendliest tone he had yet used. He understood that it might be unnecessary to do so, but even if it was... at least he would be helping. Obsidian hated the thought of being 'useless;' and he was determined to prove that he wasn't. To everyone. Even Calia, if he needed to...though he was hoping things wouldn't come to that, hoping that the she cat would be more of the understanding type...and from what he had seen, she was. It was one of the things that made him feel more comfortable. Her next words sent a chill down his spine. No pressure. Words he had heard, but that were very rarely meant.

If you don't want someone to feel pressured, why tell them there's no pressure? Just don't mention it. Obsidian thought, the tip of his tail twitching back and forth, back and forth until it looked as though the tip were going to fall off from how quickly he was switching it in that manner. Obsidian swallowed lightly, trying to act as though he were perfectly fine-- he really wasn't, however. It was a rare occasion when he was actually fine. "Not that I know of, no," He mewed, stepping away from her. There was no bodily sign that he was uncomfortable; just his eyes flitting back and forth showed that perhaps he would be more at ease with distance. He didn't say anything else. Obsidian was not a cat that, once a situation got awkward, he tried to salvage conversation-- just the opposite, as a matter of fact.
[ sure! c=
all i can think about is, when Obsidian comes back, how Calia will feel ]

Calia felt hurt when Obsidian stepped away from her, though she didn't show it. Instead, she simply cast him a discreetly weak smile, nodded, and pulled away. Now, she could feel the awkward tension. Normally, awkward did not exist for her, but the dark-pelted tomcat before her brought it alive. ``Don't worry about the ribbon, I assure you. It's rather tight and itchy, but the history behind it is actually quite meaningful,`` She laughed nervously, avoiding eye contact with the tom. Only now did she seem to realize just how antisocial he was, how uneasy he was with her. It made her nervous, but her selflessness convinced her to make sure he was comfortable.

She shuffled her paws, watching them through anxious eyes. Calia's met all types of cats - every type of feline, and she was capable of treating them all with a bright, comfortable air. And then she met Obsidian. He was different compared to every other traveler that passed through her garden, and he was able to introduce her to emotions she rarely experienced. Lashing her tail briefly, she let her small frown lift into a small smile. Gathering the needed courage, she looked over at her guest. He clearly didn't want to deal with company at the moment, and she would gladly grant him his wishes. ``If you'd like, I could show you where you'll be staying? I'll build your nest, and if you prefer, you could join me in picking some resources? We don't have to go far - everything we need for a nest can be found in this garden. Otherwise, please feel free to relax.``

Calia, with her hardening paw pads pressed firmly against the ground, took a step back, motioning to the small bridge just a few yard next to them as she mentioned showing him his temporary bed. And when she offered him the chance to explore the garden, she waved her tail and looked around her, putting some visuals to her words. Calia avoided his gaze, knowledgeable that a majority of anxious cats prefer not to make eye contact as it fuels their anxiety. Instead, she looked at the earth, the light layer of snow, and her shuffling forepaws. She studied the pale markings of her sliding paws in the snow, and she was able to spot just a small amount of grass and dirt below. She smiled softly at this. She always found nature to be beautiful and calming, and she'd always had a strong interest in it. She did enjoy the snow, and found it's gorgeous white blankets to make her youthful and bright. However, her thoughts on rain were mixed. Rain fed her plants, but the sky often grew dark and gloomy on rainy days, causing her to become extremely depressed. Rainy day skies weren't similar to night skies at all - no, she loved night skies. Rainy days were cloudy, and dark, and just seemed to cause depression. Night skies were starry and handsome, and she enjoyed watching those skies.

Obsidian. The mysterious cat she yearned to know. She wanted to know if he enjoyed rainy days, if he often looked at the night skies. Perhaps he admired the beauty of leaf-bare? She didn't know, and she was sure she never would. He seemed to be more reserved than any cat she's ever known... But she was patient. She had as much patience as humanely possible, and was more than willing to wait for him to open up... But she'd never see him warm up, as he'd be long gone.
Old March 17th, 2017, 01:45 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
[ sure! c=

all i can think about is, when Obsidian comes back, how Calia will feel ]

Calia felt hurt when Obsidian stepped away from her, though she didn't show it. Instead, she simply cast him a discreetly weak smile, nodded, and pulled away. Now, she could feel the awkward tension. Normally, awkward did not exist for her, but the dark-pelted tomcat before her brought it alive. ``Don't worry about the ribbon, I assure you. It's rather tight and itchy, but the history behind it is actually quite meaningful,`` She laughed nervously, avoiding eye contact with the tom. Only now did she seem to realize just how antisocial he was, how uneasy he was with her. It made her nervous, but her selflessness convinced her to make sure he was comfortable.

She shuffled her paws, watching them through anxious eyes. Calia's met all types of cats - every type of feline, and she was capable of treating them all with a bright, comfortable air. And then she met Obsidian. He was different compared to every other traveler that passed through her garden, and he was able to introduce her to emotions she rarely experienced. Lashing her tail briefly, she let her small frown lift into a small smile. Gathering the needed courage, she looked over at her guest. He clearly didn't want to deal with company at the moment, and she would gladly grant him his wishes. ``If you'd like, I could show you where you'll be staying? I'll build your nest, and if you prefer, you could join me in picking some resources? We don't have to go far - everything we need for a nest can be found in this garden. Otherwise, please feel free to relax.``

Calia, with her hardening paw pads pressed firmly against the ground, took a step back, motioning to the small bridge just a few yard next to them as she mentioned showing him his temporary bed. And when she offered him the chance to explore the garden, she waved her tail and looked around her, putting some visuals to her words. Calia avoided his gaze, knowledgeable that a majority of anxious cats prefer not to make eye contact as it fuels their anxiety. Instead, she looked at the earth, the light layer of snow, and her shuffling forepaws. She studied the pale markings of her sliding paws in the snow, and she was able to spot just a small amount of grass and dirt below. She smiled softly at this. She always found nature to be beautiful and calming, and she'd always had a strong interest in it. She did enjoy the snow, and found it's gorgeous white blankets to make her youthful and bright. However, her thoughts on rain were mixed. Rain fed her plants, but the sky often grew dark and gloomy on rainy days, causing her to become extremely depressed. Rainy day skies weren't similar to night skies at all - no, she loved night skies. Rainy days were cloudy, and dark, and just seemed to cause depression. Night skies were starry and handsome, and she enjoyed watching those skies.

Obsidian. The mysterious cat she yearned to know. She wanted to know if he enjoyed rainy days, if he often looked at the night skies. Perhaps he admired the beauty of leaf-bare? She didn't know, and she was sure she never would. He seemed to be more reserved than any cat she's ever known... But she was patient. She had as much patience as humanely possible, and was more than willing to wait for him to open up... But she'd never see him warm up, as he'd be long gone.

{O.O .... now I feel guilty xD}

"If you say so. Let me know if you change your mind-- I'd be happy to get rid of that for you as soon as you do." The tip of Obsidian's tail flicked, and he looked slightly worried-- almost as though Calia had offended him in some unknown way. But she hadn't, of course... the tom sometimes made odd expressions, just to see other cats' reactions, though it wasn't an often occurance. He must be already warming up to the female to be doing something like that. He was aware of her anxiety. Her nervousness. And it was feeding his own, making it grow until he was sure he wouldn't be able to handle it for much longer. Certainly Calia wasn't scared of him-- who would invite a cat they were scared of to stay with him?

And he would be moving on soon, anyways. To a place where he knew there were lots of cats, but they were all dedicated to their jobs; no feelings, no stupid drama like the place where he had come from. Everything was black and white there-- it either was or it wasn't, there was no in between. But they were much bloodthirstier then Obsidian would ever be, that much was also obvious to him. He wasn't a bloodthirsty cat at all-- he was more calm, and caring. And yet he wanted to go to this place, away from the charming smaller area where he was now with Calia. Why? If you had asked him, he probably wouldn't have been able to answer.

He would be the weak one there. The small one. Just like he always had been only this time, it would be much, much worse. So why would he put himself through that? Well perhaps he liked to be the small one. Maybe he didn't feel like keeping his guard up anymore-- maybe he felt more like letting it down and calming himself, although it was always very hard to do that for some reason. And again, the tom wasn't quite sure what that reason was. "Sure, that's fine by me." Obsidian half shrugged, padding after the ginger she cat. Her pelt was pretty-- and interesting, too, growing up in a family of shorter furred cats, longer pelts had been few and far between. Unless you counted those giggling, immature starlets of cats-- in which case they were all over the place, but much more well groomed and fake looking then Calia's own.

Obsidian was staring at it-- without realizing of course-- as he followed behind her, the tip of his tail twitching. He liked Calia, and was grateful to her for being so friendly towards him, of course... but until he was able to trust her completely, as he would have liked to say he did now, he wouldn't be too close to her... he knew better, it would only end in the same heartbreak and tears as those things always did.

Old March 21st, 2017, 04:33 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
{O.O .... now I feel guilty xD}

"If you say so. Let me know if you change your mind-- I'd be happy to get rid of that for you as soon as you do." The tip of Obsidian's tail flicked, and he looked slightly worried-- almost as though Calia had offended him in some unknown way. But she hadn't, of course... the tom sometimes made odd expressions, just to see other cats' reactions, though it wasn't an often occurance. He must be already warming up to the female to be doing something like that. He was aware of her anxiety. Her nervousness. And it was feeding his own, making it grow until he was sure he wouldn't be able to handle it for much longer. Certainly Calia wasn't scared of him-- who would invite a cat they were scared of to stay with him?

And he would be moving on soon, anyways. To a place where he knew there were lots of cats, but they were all dedicated to their jobs; no feelings, no stupid drama like the place where he had come from. Everything was black and white there-- it either was or it wasn't, there was no in between. But they were much bloodthirstier then Obsidian would ever be, that much was also obvious to him. He wasn't a bloodthirsty cat at all-- he was more calm, and caring. And yet he wanted to go to this place, away from the charming smaller area where he was now with Calia. Why? If you had asked him, he probably wouldn't have been able to answer.

He would be the weak one there. The small one. Just like he always had been only this time, it would be much, much worse. So why would he put himself through that? Well perhaps he liked to be the small one. Maybe he didn't feel like keeping his guard up anymore-- maybe he felt more like letting it down and calming himself, although it was always very hard to do that for some reason. And again, the tom wasn't quite sure what that reason was. "Sure, that's fine by me." Obsidian half shrugged, padding after the ginger she cat. Her pelt was pretty-- and interesting, too, growing up in a family of shorter furred cats, longer pelts had been few and far between. Unless you counted those giggling, immature starlets of cats-- in which case they were all over the place, but much more well groomed and fake looking then Calia's own.

Obsidian was staring at it-- without realizing of course-- as he followed behind her, the tip of his tail twitching. He liked Calia, and was grateful to her for being so friendly towards him, of course... but until he was able to trust her completely, as he would have liked to say he did now, he wouldn't be too close to her... he knew better, it would only end in the same heartbreak and tears as those things always did.
[ noooooo no guilt!!!!! cx ]

Calia automatically smiled when he agreed to join her, completely oblivious to his staring. Progress, she told herself enthusiastically. His cooperation fueled her happiness, and she practically bounced - like an excited kit - to their destination. She now displayed a large grin, and cheer radiated off her in waves. It wasn't very difficult to satisfy her, and she was knowledgeable of this, but it didn't bother her. In fact, it made her even happier to know she was easy to satisfy - often, making others happy had the ability to cheer you. She figured that, if others made her happy - say, with a simple `sure` - then maybe they'd feel happy that they made someone else happy? Whatever the case, she saw it as a positive thing.

She didn't cross the bridge, no, she bounded two yards to the bottom of the small hill beside the bridge. Tall plants grew around them, and she had to push through them in order to reach the desired point. Casting Obsidian a quick glance to assure herself he followed, Calia then slipped beneath the bridge. There was barely any snow below the walkway, and it was cool due to the shadow cast by the twoleg-built item. On the side closest to the twoleg nest was Calia's nest. It was hidden behind thick grasses. And on the other side was yet another nest - except this one was ratty and obvious dying. It too was hidden by grass. ``That's mine, there. And that will be yours. I promise you it'll look prettier and be ten times as comfortable in just a few moments,`` Calia purred. ``I bury the fresh-kill closer to my side - just before that patch of grass that hides my nest. It's easier that way, for whenever nobody is staying with me. And you can see the pond from here. In fact, right behind this clump of ferns is part of it,`` To prove her point, Calia trotted towards the ferns opposite of the way they came. She pushed the ferns down with a single paw, revealing one end of the pond. ``This part here,`` she meowed, beckoning to the pool of water just beside her paw, ``The ice is thinner, and easier to break, so getting to the water won't be so difficult. At first, when leaf-bare started, the pond was frozen over. I worked at this part for ages until I finally got to the water. Now, whenever the ice grows back, I break it before it can thicken.`` She looked down proudly at the thin layer of ice blanketing refreshing water. She did that - she found a way to get to the water, and that was something to be proud of. She put effort into it, too, a lot of effort. ``I'll break it again when we get back - I'm sorta thirsty, and I'm sure you are too. But believe me, the water will feel so much more amazing after we finish fixing the nest.`` She brought her paw off the ferns which sprung right back up, caging the pond from sight.

Calia made her way back to the entrance to her under-the-bridge home where she looked over at Obsidian. ``We just have to push through - go straight, okay? It's only a few feet ahead. I hope your comfortable sleeping on leaves? I know some cats prefer moss and sticks or reeds, but the ice has claimed those items as their victims.`` She spoke as she walked. ``The snow and ice have frozen the moss to the ground. I can't find any sticks below the snow, and the reeds are also stuck in the ice. However, my plants are nice and tall - a little frozen, but they'll warm up before nighttime.``

She came to a halt, by a patch of tall plants surrounded by smaller ones. ``I get most of my nest supplies here. Just gnaw at the stalks of any of these until they fall off. Oh, and grab a mouthful, too!`` And then Calia got to work.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:28 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Obsidian looked at her questioningly when she smiled; what was she so happy about? Almost instinctively, his mind turned to suspicions...what did she want? What was she thinking? Did she think he was weird, or different? And what about her seeming so cheerful all the time? No one was that cheerful all the time! Except for her, he thought, partly admiringly and partly scornfully. The truth was, although it seemed crazy, Obsidian was somewhat jealous of Calia. She seemed to be such a great cat. And she had the type of life that she had spent constantly helping others...one of those cats who did nothing but smile and help, and be someone who could light up all her territory with a single smile. Just because she was so bright spirited. And then part of them was angry with himself, because all she wanted to do was help and all Obsidian knew how to do was hurt her, even though he wasn't meaning to. But it was too late-- he was way, way too far gone.

He couldn't be the type of cat that he was quickly beginning to think of as a 'Calia cat.' The least he could do was show her some respect on her territory, with her offering to help him. Right? "She's like a little ray of sunshine," The tom muttered to himself. It was the truth...the ginger female reminded him of a ray of sunshine... warm, bright, and it helped everyone-- even when they didn't know it. That only made the tom feel worse. Not only was he being helped by a cat whom he would probably forget all about as soon as he made his way on, but she was doing more then she needed to. All he needed was her permission to stay here, but she was offering him food, shelter, and even to check him for wounds. And although Obsidian wasn't hurt, if he had been, he probably wouldn't have let her-- which again, didn't make him feel any better. The tom cast her a curious glance as she bounded down beside the bridge instead of over it, but he followed anyways.

Who was he to question...whatever she was doing? She certainly must know what she was doing. Right? There was no way that she didn't. A cat who had been around for as long as she had...well, in this territory, at least. Calia looked to be about Obsidian's age, and Obsidian wasn't too old...perhaps a little older or younger then her, he wasn't sure. He glanced with disgust at the ratty-looking nest...though he tried to hide it, not wanting the she cat to feel bad. Obviously she had done the best she could to make this place comfortable. But then as she began to speak, his ears pricked up and he looked at her. When we're done? He thought, although he hid his amazement. What did she mean 'done?' What was she going to do to it-- or they, rather, since she had used the plural inferring that both she and Obsidian would be working on this nest. Though he wasn't normally polite, and didn't usualy keep his maw shut, the black tom did both this time.

Perhaps he felt he owed her more respect. When she mentioned the part about the water, the tom's hues grew wide. "That's amazing, sunshine!" He mewed, and then quickly clamped his maw shut. He hadn't meant to say anything. But he had already begun thinking of her like a little ray of sunshine, and the word had just sort of...slipped out, so to speak. Why hadn't he kept his maw shut? Obsidian felt so embarrassed he wished the ice would break now so he could jump in and never be seen-- or heard from-- again. "Sorry. I didn't mean to...I mean, you aren't...I wasn't..." He mewed, unable to finish his sentences. He wondered how come he had all of a sudden called her that. Perhaps she just had looked like a little ray of sunshine... he wished there was some explanation for it that didn't involve his stupidity, but just his luck-- there wasn't one. "That's fine." He mewed in a low voice, lowering his head as he followed after her, his ears pinned backwards.

He gave a simple nod to her question about the leaves, and sullenly began to gnaw at the stalks of the plants she had aforementioned. It seemed as though Obsidian was going back into his glum, guarded state...something that he knew he would probably regret later, but it was a natural response to anything that might happen to hurt him emotionally. If he allowed himself to attach himself to her with anything-- even as simple as a nickname-- he might find himself growing to actually like her. And then she would be the one to leave. No one wanted to stay with a cat like him. Something that he had learned long, long ago and something that he would continuously remember throughout his life was that until a cat proved they could be trusted-- through actions, not words-- until he truly came to believe them, trust them...he wouldn't let them close to him. He gathered up a mouthful of the plants, carrying them back towards the nest and shooting a pained look at the ginger feline. Though why, she wouldn't get to know...unfortunately.

Last edited by lone; March 22nd, 2017 at 06:28 PM.