Last post by Artemis
Today 05:10 AM
April Gathering
by dino.
Last post by Rani
Today 04:53 AM

Old January 2nd, 2018, 04:33 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: WindClan | RiverClan Border

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hexict View Post
@starfall

Making her way towards the border, a warrior seemed to be absent and lost in thought. She felt like so much was changing. Russetstar stepping down, Geckoleaf leaving, Juniperpaw becoming full medicine cat, the tensions rising dangerously between the clans, and now a loner kit she had found? Everything seemed like a blur to Mistfall. But it's been like this since Bucknight.... She recalled the sudden evil leader, then after his reign Russetstar was thrown into leadership, the changes in the other clan's leaders, Bravestep's death, Kestrelberry stepping-down... just everything's changing. Time was rushing forward, everything was changing, it was all too fast for her to grasp. And then it was gone. Her pale gaze looked towards the ground, but did not process her movements. Ever since Geckoleaf has disappeared Mistfall spent her time either endlessly searching for her dear friend, or being cooped up in the den. But after finding a loner kit on the territory, the warrior realized that she had to make sure her clan was safe. The kit was cold, alone, exhausted, tired, lost, and could have died! It was a wake up call. Mistfall could not let her clan fall apart, she could not let kits become so lost and scared as the loner was. The molly had promised herself long ago she would do what it takes to care for her clan, and that did not change. And now her protectiveness expanded to the lonely kt was well.

So here so was. Trying once more to pull herself from the darker corners of her mind. It was too easy for the molly to fall. But she always tries her best to stand back up. The clan just had a change in leader and lost their medicine cat, they need their warriors strong and alert. Mistfall needed her wits about her. For the sake of the clan. Taking a deep breath, she turned her head to look forward instead of down. Nearing the border, she felt her pelt prickle as she scented another cat. She became more cautious, not wanting Windclan to turn of their already boiling rage on Riverclan if something were to happen at the border. But what if they decided to invade Riverclan territory? They may decide to do so if they don't wish to hunt anywhere near their border with Thunderclan... the warrior did not know what was happening between the two, just that these were fragile times and Snowstar and Blazingstar were growing closer and closer to war. She shook out her pelt, another attempt to calm herself after everything that was happening.

Recognizing the scent, Mistfall dropped the caution and bounded towards the border to meet the leader. Her tail curled as she smiled at him, reaching the ebony tom. Upon reaching him, the grey and white warrior gave a respectful dipped her head to him. "Fellenstre-" she caught herself before finishing, and awkwardly corrected herself. "Fallenstar." Questioned swirled in her head. She had always been curious about what it was like for a leader to receive their lives from Starclan. But she did not wish to bomb the newly made leader with such questions. "How was it?" Her pale orbs glistened with curiosity that could be compared to that of a kit's. Though Mistfall's awed expression faltered as she saw the uncertainty and lost look in his gaze. "Fallenstar... how are you?" She moved closer to him, placing her tail on his shoulder lightly in a bit of an uncertain and awkward way. The warrior wondered if she was any good at comforting people, but she did want to help out Fallenstar. But she was still awkward when it came to emotional situations and had trouble with others' - as well as her own - emotions and feelings.

Yet empathy swelled in her as she recognized the lost and uncertain look, one that she had so many times.
The tom lifted his head and perked his ears as he heard the rustling of tall grass. It wouldn't surprise him if a feline came to attack him, not after all he's done, Karma really had it out for him, didn't it? Of course he wouldn't just die, after all he still had to find Honeypool, talk to Lightstream, and be with his siblings, as well as take care of his clan...he couldn't just die now. It wasn't that he wanted to die, no, it was that he wished that both Russetstar and Starclan chose a better canidate to lead Riverclan. There were better cats, much, much better cats, how could he ever be a good leader with the blood on his paws.

He unseathed his claws and focused his attention towards the rustling grass. But as soon as he heard a familiar voice the tom let out a sight, a relieved sigh, and seathed his claws, not wishing to harm the feline who pushed her way through the towering stalks. He dipped his head and gave the molly a quick, small smile " It's weird isn't it? I'm still getting used to it myself." he stated with an airy laugh. He wouldn't lie, seeing the molly lifted his spirits, the two were close now, even though they started off as bitter enemies. He made his way closer to her and stopped less than a fox length away.

Fallenstar cocked his head to the side and closed his eyes, thinking, there were many things he could say, such as 'It was enlightening.' or 'It was emotional.' of course he would be telling the truth, but only one small portion of it. He was mostly filled with regret during the ceremony, knowing that someone better could have become the leader, of course, what's done is done now, and he knows he has to deal with his decision to continue. "It was...eye opening to say the least, though a little sad that I couldn't see my mother, or an old friend." he stated thoughtfully, his tail twitching. He was surprised that she had asked him, of course he should prepare himself for this, after all, he was almost positive most felines, especially kits, would be bombarding him questions.

He let out a chuckle at Mistfall's next question, he knew she was curious, but he didn't expect this many questions from the molly. He blinked and thought about it, there were more cons than pros in this situation, he couldn't just spill out his true feelings, though he and the grey feline were close, they weren't close enough, the only person he would tell at this point was his mother. So, instead he would go with an easy out "Sore, I'm very sore, the ceremony took a lot more physical strength than one would think." he huffed, his whiskers twitching. He then looked up at Mistfall, his lapis hues met her pale blue. Something was bugging her, it didn't surprise him that she came out here for a walk, for some time to think, after all, they both were currently doing the same thing. "...How are you? Not many felines I know go out and take walks this late at night." he said, tilting his head forward. It wasn't that he was curious, more like concerned, after all, she had become a very close friend.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old January 2nd, 2018, 11:13 PM
predictably unpredictable

My Mood: Amused

@starfall

The warrior smiled again as the new leader laughed off the fact that she had almost called him by his previous name. She gave a quick nod of agreement as he point out how strange is was and explained how he himself was still getting use to his rank change. Mistfall felt a slight twinge as she thought about Russetstar - how their former leader, who was also a close friend of her's, had stepped down due to stress. She was glad that Fallenstar was their leader, and she did care for him... but it nonetheless saddened the molly that Russetstar had had such a rough time as leader and resulted in his renouncing his position so early in his reign. Mistfall hoped that Fallenstar would not suffer the same fate. She hoped that he would have a smoother time as leader - though the rising tensions between the other clans may prove this difficult - and did want to see him leader for moons to come, certain that the tom could make a surprisingly good leader.

She observed his face when he went on to answer her question about how it was. The warrior shift her weight slightly as he thought about what to say and how to word it. Mistfall had spent her whole life striving to be leader, and she wanted to know what it was like to be granted nine lives from their ancestors. Forcing herself to become still again, she awaited what he'd say about the experience. The molly tilted her head in curiosity as the leader simply stated that it was eye-opening. At the mention of missing people at his ceremony, Mistfall was left thinking about her own mother as well, and wondered if she was watching over Mistfall. She also feared that her mother may know about some events from her past.

Ears twitching as she continued to observe him, Mistfall hoped that whatever was upsetting Fallenstar would not last and his mind would be eased - though she should know it's not nearly as simple as that. Her gaze grew sympathetic again when she claimed to be sore. She was also a bit surprised when he admitted that the ceremony took a lot of is physical strength. The warrior had not expected it do that, but rather it be some happy peaceful interaction between leader and Starclan. Clearly she did not know how the ceremony truly worked. Mistfall silently wondered what happened during the ceremony to take one's physical strength. But she understood that that wasn't the important part here. "Well, when we get back to camp you will be able to rest. Some good sleep will be really good, regain your strength," Mistfall tried to reassure him.

Mistfall was taken by surprised when Fallenstar in turned asked about her. She looked away as if embarrassed that he figured out something was wrong with her. The warrior had been distressed since the Syndicate attack and Geckoleaf's disappearance. Seeing Hephaestus during the fight, knowing the blood on him was more than likely that of her clan-mates', and then after the fray Geckoleaf cold not be found. These had unsettled her and had taken it's toll on the young molly. Mistfall has been trying to force herself back up and recover, trying to drop her obsessive walks around the territory in hopes that Geckoleaf will return any day. Though she still sneaks out at night and will walk - either still looking for her lost friend or just for the crisp air, or both? she couldn't tell anymore. Mistfall opened her maw to try and explain everything, but she knew that Fallenstar already had enough on his plate, she did not wish to add her own problems to them, so she decided to make her answer vague and simple. "It's just that... there's a lot happening. It seems that we can never have a moment of peace anymore. I'm just worried for the clan - with rising tensions and who knows what the remnants of the Syndicate is doing? So I thought a walk would be good to catch some fresh air."

character siteroleplay trackerdeviantart
┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

Last edited by Hexict; January 2nd, 2018 at 11:13 PM.
Old January 14th, 2018, 01:18 PM
In ConstantState of Tired

My Mood: Asleep

@Megan

Onyxwhisper walked next to Spiderpaw as they got closer to the border between Windclan and Riverclan. "We're here, can you smell Riverclans border marks." She asked.

If you'd like to interact with Onyxwhisper, please PM or visitor message me!

Old February 6th, 2018, 01:27 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

@Suspiciousmindz, @Rose Queen

The hard snow beneath his paws crunched loudly with each step as the large russet-brown tom approached the border. Dawn was breaking over the horizon, casting the snowy forest in a warm golden glow, and for once since the battle the Clans seemed .. peaceful.

Rowanfury hated it. He had grown up in a time of chaos, of bloodshed and war, and he longed for a return of the olden days where the sense of peace was rare. It was boring, and after wasting moons of his life ensnared with a she-cat who was the epitome of insipid, the older warrior wanted to do something exciting. Patrols were a start, but he wanted more. He wanted to feel the blood beneath his claws and the adrenaline of a fight. The rush of killing another.

It wouldn't be today though, he knew. Picking a fight and killing a cat in the presence of Blazingstar likely wouldn't turn out well for him. Rowanfury didn't want to get banished again - or worse, killed before he had some fun. "It's quiet," he commented softly as he stopped near the border marker. "Scent is stale, too. Were they too beat up in the war they can't even watch out for their own territory anymore?"

wolfhive

Last edited by BEAR.; February 6th, 2018 at 01:27 PM.
Old February 6th, 2018, 02:14 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

@Suspiciousmindz ; @Mad King

The red and orange hues of the dawn lit the snow-covered moors with a white-golden glow, and she inhaled deeply, relishing in the fresh scent of crisp air. It was gorgeous, and she internally scoffed at the other Clans -- they were missing out on such a perfect-weathered day, trapped in their territories surrounded by trees. How they didn’t feel caged all the time, she wasn’t sure.

In contrast to Rowanfury’s displeasure, Roanfeather was enjoying the solitude that nature graced the patrol with, a promise that violence was behind their now-fragiled Clan. Trotting along with her clanmates, her paws kicked up little puffs of snow as they glided smoothly over the terrain, her fluffy tail swishing in delight. She didn’t doubt WindClan would bounce back and exceed its former glory after the unfortunate battle with ThunderClan, but she hoped no bloodshed was necessary to accomplish that reality.

Keeping her meow lowered in case there was prey or another patrol nearby (whether that be hunting or enemy), she commented in reference to the sunrise, “I can’t believe I’ve been missing this. Lately, I’ve been waking too late to attend the morning patrol and..” Roanfeather briefly trailed off, a sheepish laugh escaping her, “although dusk is marvelous, this is breath-taking.”

Inquisitively, she peered at Rowanfury as he spoke while approaching the border marker. Roanfeather wasn’t one to speak badly of other Clans aloud--though she did feel WindClan was superior, particularly in the loyalty of their warriors--so she replied, “What’s important is WindClan is showing its strength and resilience by continuing to uphold our duties.” Regardless of how the rest of the Clans seemingly were neglectful at times. “Besides, the quiet is nice,” Roanfeather fluffed her fur, “because it means we can finish this border patrol without any hangups.” She wasn't an inept fighter and could hold her own; however, she preferred solutions that didn't result in increasing the already-high tensions between the Clans.

Last edited by Fawn; February 6th, 2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old February 7th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

@Rose Queen @Mad King

Blazingstar listened as the two felines he decided to patrol with exchanged words. One being a warrior he hadn't really spoken to before, in fact, he hadn't. The other was a feline he trusted since Dapplestar had. He didn't input on their conversation, which wasn't much of one, only tensed up about the RiverClan discussion. The leader felt rather betrayed by RiverClan's decision to side with ThunderClan on the war. He thought their alliance would follow into Fallenstar's leadership, but he was wrong.

He grew rather distracted by the thoughts, even feeling his fur heating up with an anger he chose to hide most of the time. However, the snow beneath his paws crunched and the cold worked its way up his legs to cool him back down. It was a reminder that right now, everyone was being peaceful and he needed to hold that peace despite his own opinions. "RiverClan is lucky to be inactive on the borders right now. They'd hear a few words for their betrayal if I stumbled upon them," he finally chipped in.
Old February 7th, 2018, 09:17 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

@Rose Queen, @Suspiciousmindz

Rowanfury didn't understand the point of Roanfeather's initial rambles. They seemed unnecessary and unrelated to their patrol. He didn't give a rat's carcass about how pretty she thought Sun-up and dusk was. "You're assuming another patrol doesn't show up," he commented. "Maybe they just sent out a patrol after recovering from their beating." While aware WindClan wasn't victorious, it didn't matter when it was obvious RiverClan was slacking in their own duties. His ears twitched curiously at Blazingstar's words, and the tom glanced at the ginger leader.

"Would that do anything?" he asked. "It seems Fallenstar's the one that turned his back on us, not his Clan-mates. It might be better to speak to him personally or.." he paused, fully knowing what he wanted to say, but unsure of how Blazingstar would react. After all, they had just been in combat. "Send him a message he won't forget." There. Vague enough to leave it up to interpretation but menacing enough to know he meant business. "I'm surprised he was so willing to throw our alliance away. Especially for some .. pugnacious she-cat he hardly knows. What did Snowstar do, give him rights to her territory?"

wolfhive

Last edited by BEAR.; February 7th, 2018 at 09:48 PM.
Old February 7th, 2018, 09:54 PM
the stars are aligned

My Mood: Queenly

@Suspiciousmindz ; @Mad King

Roanfeather glanced at Blazingstar, internally agreeing with what he said and feeling mild resentment bubble inside of her when reminded of the betrayal on the battlefield. They’d been unnecessarily wronged by RiverClan -- Fallenstar, specifically -- and she didn’t understand what they’d done to deserve such poor treatment from a Clan they’d previously had good relations with. “As they should,” she mumbled. “They can’t expect to go without repercussions.” Every action had a consequence, and RiverClan seemingly decided they were above punishment. Or, at least they acted bold enough to imply it. “I’d bet a mouse-ear that he,” the word sounded bitter, “won’t bother explaining himself at the gathering.” It was coming soon, the moon growing fuller every evening.

She shuddered as she realized it was almost ominous, considering the tensions among the Clans. Not even the surprise attack orchestrated by the Dusk Syndicate had managed to unite them.

WindClan had been nothing less than backstabbed by RiverClan and was already weakened by ThunderClan, so they didn’t need to lose any warriors over a border dispute that wouldn’t result in anything positive. Just because another patrol happens to show up doesn’t mean we have to whip out our claws and start slashing immediately. Roanfeather thought but bit her tongue, as now wasn’t the time to challenge a senior warrior. Being with Blazingstar and Rowanfury, she believed they both were more qualified to lead the patrol than she.

She didn’t know what the vague implication was pointing toward--something threatening, at the very least. “Are you sure that’s the way to win his favor against ThunderClan?” Roanfeather asked, dryly joking. It just sounded like it’d make things worse, knowing Fallenstar’s unpredictability and apparent lack of sense. He was siding with the wrong team, but she had confidence that WindClan was strong enough to persevere without his charity. “Not that he’s proven to be an especially…” she paused, trying to delicately label the traitorous act, “loyal alliance to WindClan.” The last Clan they'd want to ally with was one that'd side with the enemy at the last second.

Last edited by Fawn; February 7th, 2018 at 09:56 PM.
Old February 8th, 2018, 01:43 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

@Rose Queen @Mad King

The jaws of the ginger tom parted as air wafted against his scent glands, ensuring they really weren't around another patrol at the moment. There wasn't any signs of RiverClan and he couldn't say WindClan was patrolling much better along this border, but their patrol was still evidence they were weary. The vague comment from Rowanfury caught his attention however. The leader pricked his ears slightly, but didn't think too much into it, taking it more as an empty threat.

Blazingstar gave the pair a small shrug in response to the questions. "It probably won't do much, but it'd give them an idea how WindClan's leader is feeling towards them now," he spoke with a slightly bitter tone. "Word spreads quickly nowadays. Clans don't seem to have privacy due to so many cross clan romances," he rolled his eyes and then sniffed at the following comment. "Snowstar can have Fallenstar's alliance. WindClan has Goldenstar and perhaps Grousestar will come to his senses and choose a side at some point," he finished.
Old February 8th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Moony!!

Bump Policy: If you think I take too long to reply, please bump me!
My Mood: Yeehaw

The albino Tom padded silently across the border of RiverClan. He sniffed and looked around trying to figure out where he was going. The bell on his collar gave the Tom away. His stumpy tail wiggled as he searched.

/Please quote or mention me that way I notice/