Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:29 AM
Introducing Myself
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:07 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Yesterday 11:51 PM

Old February 24th, 2018, 03:59 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Shinefang had been taking advantage of the surprisingly bare den. He'd had cat after cat coming in with something or other, and now he finally had an opportunity to clean out his den. He had used his bushy tail to sweep all the leftover herb parts into a neat little pile, and he was nearly ready to sweep the dust out of his den altogether when a little black and white kit came up. He sat and watched the little scrap, thinking they might want to chat with him or something. And he actually felt up for that today. The comfrey roots in his nest had done wonders, and he had woken up rested and clear in good spirits...They were instantly dampened when the younger cat spoke. Shinefang was taken aback and sat in silence for a long moment, unsure of exactly what to say next. So he settled for, "...What? Are you telling me you're going to kill your littermates?" The tom asked, confused.
Eveningkit blinked,” I don’t know, I feel inclined to do evil things such as killing my littermates, but I know better and have been trying to push it to the back of my head after all you just see me as a mousebrained kit who thinks an idea is the same as being inclined to do something...” she meowed flicking her black tail calmly, feeling as if Shinefang wasn’t taking her as serious because she was a kit I could show this elder that I’m more that a mouse brainned kit. she thought, she knew most cats got a little disturbed hearing her use words such as ‘fox-hearted’ or ‘mouse-brained’ or ‘mouse-hearted’ or ‘flea-bags’, but she did spend most of her time with apprentices so obviously she’d pick up on terms they use.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old February 27th, 2018, 08:00 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
Eveningkit blinked,” I don’t know, I feel inclined to do evil things such as killing my littermates, but I know better and have been trying to push it to the back of my head after all you just see me as a mousebrained kit who thinks an idea is the same as being inclined to do something...” she meowed flicking her black tail calmly, feeling as if Shinefang wasn’t taking her as serious because she was a kit I could show this elder that I’m more that a mouse brainned kit. she thought, she knew most cats got a little disturbed hearing her use words such as ‘fox-hearted’ or ‘mouse-brained’ or ‘mouse-hearted’ or ‘flea-bags’, but she did spend most of her time with apprentices so obviously she’d pick up on terms they use.
Shinefang continued to stare at the kit, cocking his head as he stared curiously at her. She seemed so calm while she was saying all of this, like she was describing the weather. "So... you're not gonna kill your littermates then?" He repeated, making sure he understood. This conversation was becoming so bizarre, it was almost like he was having a weird dream. Unsure of what else to do, the tom waved his tail in a signal to follow and turned to walk deeper into his den. "Let's talk, kit."

Old February 28th, 2018, 12:20 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Shinefang continued to stare at the kit, cocking his head as he stared curiously at her. She seemed so calm while she was saying all of this, like she was describing the weather. "So... you're not gonna kill your littermates then?" He repeated, making sure he understood. This conversation was becoming so bizarre, it was almost like he was having a weird dream. Unsure of what else to do, the tom waved his tail in a signal to follow and turned to walk deeper into his den. "Let's talk, kit."
Eveningkit nodded nervously, her black tail with a white tip flicking to and fro rather rapidly, after all she didn’t know what the outcome would be, will I be banished, banned from seeing my kin, what will become of me? she shook the thoughts away nodding slowly,” Unless these evil thoughts manipulate me completely, and not just my thoughts then no I will not.” She meowed, following Shinefang to the back of the den I hate being called ‘kit’ I could so shred this medicine cat and show him that I am not a kit...no I can’t attack Shinefang for insulting me.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old February 28th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

@Charmer

Grousestar was settled in a nest, idly chatting with Shinefang to keep his mind busy. Today would be the last day in this nest before he want back to his own nest in the leaders den, albeit it would be a bit more lonely there, but he preferred that to being here in the medicine cat's den. At least then he could reflect upon himself quietly as opposed to always having some cat come in and out of this den, or coughing, or creating some kind of distraction. His own den was quiet, peaceful.
However he paused slightly to turn his head as another cat came padding into the den with a heavy limp. It was a particularly large and heavy-coated she-cat by the name of Barbedfall.

Hissing out as she limped into the medicine cat den, she plopped herself into the first nest that she could, careful not to plop onto her injured leg to do more damage than she already had. "Hope you have some spare time Shinefang, really worked a number on my leg." Grumbled out the she-cat, twisting carefully in the nest to expose her leg. "Chasing a squirrel up a tree only to be attacked by a crow. Guess I got too close to it's nest or somethin', but long story short I ended up falling out of the tree, landed funny, now it hurts to walk on this leg." She attempted to flex her claws but winced and forced herself to stop before looking to the medicine cat, frustration clear on her face. She was one of the best tree-climbers in Skyclan, it was truly surprising to hear of her falling out of a tree, in fact, she couldn't even remember the last time she fell out of a tree and not on purpose. It would put a damper on her reputation she felt, and could possibly even put her out of tree climbing for a bit if the injury was severe enough.

Grousestar perked up a bit and looked to the medicine cat. He was curious to see how the process would go. As long as he's been in this moon, he surprisingly hadn't actually watched much of what the medicine cat did. Likely because he was either too sick to pay attention or was out stretching his legs and trying to get back to the energy and mobility he should be at. There was a silent question in his eyes as if he was asking, 'Can I help?'
Normally he wasn't very interested in this herb stuff, but after talking with Shinefang a bit he did have a bit of curiosity now and this was the last day he would be staying in this den for hopefully a good long while. It was a good opportunity to learn a little bit.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old March 1st, 2018, 08:27 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Eveningkit nodded nervously, her black tail with a white tip flicking to and fro rather rapidly, after all she didn’t know what the outcome would be, will I be banished, banned from seeing my kin, what will become of me? she shook the thoughts away nodding slowly,” Unless these evil thoughts manipulate me completely, and not just my thoughts then no I will not.” She meowed, following Shinefang to the back of the den I hate being called ‘kit’ I could so shred this medicine cat and show him that I am not a kit...no I can’t attack Shinefang for insulting me.
Having reached the back of his den, in the dim light Shinefang turned to fix his only, orange eye on the young kit. She seemed so oddly calm about this whole thing, and a small part of him was a little curious to hear what else she had to say. Sitting on his creaky haunches, the medicine cat waved a paw in a 'go on' gesture. "How long have these thoughts been buggin' you, then?"

Old March 1st, 2018, 09:01 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
@Charmer

Grousestar was settled in a nest, idly chatting with Shinefang to keep his mind busy. Today would be the last day in this nest before he want back to his own nest in the leaders den, albeit it would be a bit more lonely there, but he preferred that to being here in the medicine cat's den. At least then he could reflect upon himself quietly as opposed to always having some cat come in and out of this den, or coughing, or creating some kind of distraction. His own den was quiet, peaceful.
However he paused slightly to turn his head as another cat came padding into the den with a heavy limp. It was a particularly large and heavy-coated she-cat by the name of Barbedfall.

Hissing out as she limped into the medicine cat den, she plopped herself into the first nest that she could, careful not to plop onto her injured leg to do more damage than she already had. "Hope you have some spare time Shinefang, really worked a number on my leg." Grumbled out the she-cat, twisting carefully in the nest to expose her leg. "Chasing a squirrel up a tree only to be attacked by a crow. Guess I got too close to it's nest or somethin', but long story short I ended up falling out of the tree, landed funny, now it hurts to walk on this leg." She attempted to flex her claws but winced and forced herself to stop before looking to the medicine cat, frustration clear on her face. She was one of the best tree-climbers in Skyclan, it was truly surprising to hear of her falling out of a tree, in fact, she couldn't even remember the last time she fell out of a tree and not on purpose. It would put a damper on her reputation she felt, and could possibly even put her out of tree climbing for a bit if the injury was severe enough.

Grousestar perked up a bit and looked to the medicine cat. He was curious to see how the process would go. As long as he's been in this moon, he surprisingly hadn't actually watched much of what the medicine cat did. Likely because he was either too sick to pay attention or was out stretching his legs and trying to get back to the energy and mobility he should be at. There was a silent question in his eyes as if he was asking, 'Can I help?'
Normally he wasn't very interested in this herb stuff, but after talking with Shinefang a bit he did have a bit of curiosity now and this was the last day he would be staying in this den for hopefully a good long while. It was a good opportunity to learn a little bit.
At the sound of another cat entering the medicine den, and grunting in pain no less from the sound of it, Shinefang looked up from his conversation with Grousestar an apologetic shrug as if to say 'duty calls'. In spite of a rather severe-looking limp, the shecat managed to navigate an open nest without any aid and plop down. "Oh I suppose I can make time. Some patients are awfully needy though," Shinefang replied, with a teasing smirk over his shoulder at Grousestar, knowing full well, that the Skyclan leader had been nothing of the sort. The medicine cat listened to the warrior explain the cause of her injury, eyeballing her leg as she tried to flex her claw. It was already looking rather swollen. The old tom clicked his tongue as he gently reached out to run his paw up and down the leg in search of breaks. He had to wiggle his paw back and forth a little to weave between the long strands of thick fur. "Fluffy shecat like you, I'm surprised you didn't float to the ground, Beechfall," Shinefang stepping back and turning toward his herb shelf. He rolled a comfrey root out of place and it clattered to the ground and rolled right toward Grousestar, who was looking up at him and seemingly interested in what he was working on. "Guess it likes you, Grousestar. Mind taking a bite of that and chewing it up for me? I only have one mouth, and I need it for talking." The old tom turned back to his shelf and kept fishing for the other ingredients for the poultice he wanted to make. "I have good news and bad news. The good news is that your leg isn't broken. The bad news if that you managed to give yourself a pretty nasty sprain. More good news: you ought to be good as new in half a moon to three quarters of a moons. Bad news, only if you stay off of it for at least the next few days, so If you're itching to get your claws on that crow, you'll just have to wait." At last, Shinefang found the herbs that he was looking for and pulled them out, letting the leaves fall to the floor. Scooping up and dry and thick dendelion leaf, Shinefang padded over to the warrior and set it in front of her. "Let's try this before we move straight to poppy. Chew this up and swallow the juice and it ought to ease the pain. It's gonna taste like you're eating grass, but what can you do?" He asked with a shrug, popping the elder leaves in his mouth to start chewing them into a pulp as he looked over at Grousestar to see how the comfrey was coming along.

Old March 2nd, 2018, 08:31 AM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Having reached the back of his den, in the dim light Shinefang turned to fix his only, orange eye on the young kit. She seemed so oddly calm about this whole thing, and a small part of him was a little curious to hear what else she had to say. Sitting on his creaky haunches, the medicine cat waved a paw in a 'go on' gesture. "How long have these thoughts been buggin' you, then?"
She flicked her tail calmly knowing that looking super nervously he would probably think she was lying,” About a moon.” She replied her black tail with the white tail-tip haning below her hind legs.

Old March 3rd, 2018, 03:50 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
She flicked her tail calmly knowing that looking super nervously he would probably think she was lying,” About a moon.” She replied her black tail with the white tail-tip haning below her hind legs.
"Uh huh..." Shinefang replied, carefully thinking about how to word his next question. "And when you have these thoughts that you could kill... how does that feel to you?" He asked. "About the actually killing that is. Do the thoughts scare you? Do they make you feel... excited?" During his time as a warrior, Shinefang had come across his share of cats that seemed to enjoy the feel of blood on their claws a little too much.

Old March 3rd, 2018, 05:01 PM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
"Uh huh..." Shinefang replied, carefully thinking about how to word his next question. "And when you have these thoughts that you could kill... how does that feel to you?" He asked. "About the actually killing that is. Do the thoughts scare you? Do they make you feel... excited?" During his time as a warrior, Shinefang had come across his share of cats that seemed to enjoy the feel of blood on their claws a little too much.
She understood why he was asking the questions he was asking,” I have them randomly when I’m chatting with friends or dream of it at night. It makes me feel a bit curious and scared at the same time. Never excited except in dreams... I know it’s not a vision or anything, as Starclan never communicates with kits anyways.” She meowed

Old March 4th, 2018, 05:32 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
She understood why he was asking the questions he was asking,” I have them randomly when I’m chatting with friends or dream of it at night. It makes me feel a bit curious and scared at the same time. Never excited except in dreams... I know it’s not a vision or anything, as Starclan never communicates with kits anyways.” She meowed
Curious? That wasn't a good sign. The old tom narrowed his eyes as he thought over what the apprentice had said, tapping his tail on the den floor as if to will the thoughts to come to him. "Well, who knows why Starclan does what they do on a good day," he said, shrugging. "Sounds more like the dreams come from you though." Shinefang paused as he looked at the younger cat. There was no herb to fix these thoughts. The most he could do was talk to them. Sighing, he tried to do just that. "Well kit, there's nothing in this den I can rub on your skin or give you to eat that's gonna keep those thoughts away...Is that what you'd even want?" he asked. "Tell me honestly, if I were Starclan's gift to clan kind and could do anything to help you with this, what would you have me do?" Shinefang waited with interest. Would she cry and wish the thoughts away? Admit that she liked them? Sullenly reply that she didn't know?