Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay > SkyClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Sparrowsong finder
by Maybi
Last post by Spookez.
Today 08:09 AM
foggy dreams and bone deep...
by alec
Last post by alec
Today 08:01 AM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by silver.
Today 07:53 AM
Willow art please?
Last post by blxze.
Today 07:50 AM
ShadowClan Outsider Joining
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 07:33 AM

Old March 4th, 2018, 05:46 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Default Re: SkyClan Medicine Cat's Den

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Curious? That wasn't a good sign. The old tom narrowed his eyes as he thought over what the apprentice had said, tapping his tail on the den floor as if to will the thoughts to come to him. "Well, who knows why Starclan does what they do on a good day," he said, shrugging. "Sounds more like the dreams come from you though." Shinefang paused as he looked at the younger cat. There was no herb to fix these thoughts. The most he could do was talk to them. Sighing, he tried to do just that. "Well kit, there's nothing in this den I can rub on your skin or give you to eat that's gonna keep those thoughts away...Is that what you'd even want?" he asked. "Tell me honestly, if I were Starclan's gift to clan kind and could do anything to help you with this, what would you have me do?" Shinefang waited with interest. Would she cry and wish the thoughts away? Admit that she liked them? Sullenly reply that she didn't know?
Eveningkit blinked,” I was afraid that was the reality, but I actually was wanting to know if that is the Dark Forest trying to recruit me. And you have the strongest bond in the clan to Starclan and I believe you lived through the time the Dark Forest arrived in the clans and the evil leaders such as Singenight of Windclan and Ratnight of Thunderclan and the evil deputy of Riverclan, Thornfrost ruled, you probably know would know how to break a bond between a living cat and the Dark Forest before they completely control me, as I have heard they eventually completely manipulate a cat and a cat has no control of their own and despite their own thoughts that disprove what they are doing they still keep doing it...you MUST know what I can do IF it is the Dark Forest’s works to make them back off...do I need to do something to make them leave me be?” She asked what kind of ritual must be preformed to get them to stop stalking me.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old March 6th, 2018, 08:59 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2018 Okapi View Post
Eveningkit blinked,” I was afraid that was the reality, but I actually was wanting to know if that is the Dark Forest trying to recruit me. And you have the strongest bond in the clan to Starclan and I believe you lived through the time the Dark Forest arrived in the clans and the evil leaders such as Singenight of Windclan and Ratnight of Thunderclan and the evil deputy of Riverclan, Thornfrost ruled, you probably know would know how to break a bond between a living cat and the Dark Forest before they completely control me, as I have heard they eventually completely manipulate a cat and a cat has no control of their own and despite their own thoughts that disprove what they are doing they still keep doing it...you MUST know what I can do IF it is the Dark Forest’s works to make them back off...do I need to do something to make them leave me be?” She asked what kind of ritual must be preformed to get them to stop stalking me.
Shinefang became very still as he stared at Eveningkit with a narrowed orange eye. He remembered the battles to liberate the clans from the reign of the Dark Forest well. Clearly, this kit had been talking to some elders with some loose tongues to know as much as she did. "Here's all you need to know about that," Shinefang began, his voice low and serious. "I didn't understand this like I do now when all that mess was going on. The Dark Forest, like Starclan, or here in Skyclan even, is a place. If you go to it, you're gonna have a bad time. You know the Dark Forest because in your dreams, you'll find yourself in a rank and dark place where there are no stars or prey...usually cats go there because they're tricked by evil cats or their clanmates. I'm only going to ask you this once: Have you been to a place like that in your dreams?" the old tom asked, his expression deathly grave.

Old March 8th, 2018, 10:05 AM
5,445 posts on old site

Quote:
Shinefang became very still as he stared at Eveningkit with a narrowed orange eye. He remembered the battles to liberate the clans from the reign of the Dark Forest well. Clearly, this kit had been talking to some elders with some loose tongues to know as much as she did. "Here's all you need to know about that," Shinefang began, his voice low and serious. "I didn't understand this like I do now when all that mess was going on. The Dark Forest, like Starclan, or here in Skyclan even, is a place. If you go to it, you're gonna have a bad time. You know the Dark Forest because in your dreams, you'll find yourself in a rank and dark place where there are no stars or prey...usually cats go there because they're tricked by evil cats or their clanmates. I'm only going to ask you this once: Have you been to a place like that in your dreams?" the old tom asked, his expression deathly grave.
(sorry this is short, I'm on mobile and I know the drill that after 2 days you get skipped)
Eveningkit gulped nervously realizing she'd have to confess the truth now,"I have seen the place you described in my dreams, but I avoided being seen because I didn't want to be forced to train their. I saw them training apprentices I didn't recognize- most likely from other clans, and warriors too. They never spoke to be or acknowledged me. I don't want to be turned into a murdering evil cat." She meowed her voice filled with urgency and hints of fear seeping through her green eyes starting to grow wide.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old March 9th, 2018, 05:06 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
At the sound of another cat entering the medicine den, and grunting in pain no less from the sound of it, Shinefang looked up from his conversation with Grousestar an apologetic shrug as if to say 'duty calls'. In spite of a rather severe-looking limp, the shecat managed to navigate an open nest without any aid and plop down. "Oh I suppose I can make time. Some patients are awfully needy though," Shinefang replied, with a teasing smirk over his shoulder at Grousestar, knowing full well, that the Skyclan leader had been nothing of the sort. The medicine cat listened to the warrior explain the cause of her injury, eyeballing her leg as she tried to flex her claw. It was already looking rather swollen. The old tom clicked his tongue as he gently reached out to run his paw up and down the leg in search of breaks. He had to wiggle his paw back and forth a little to weave between the long strands of thick fur. "Fluffy shecat like you, I'm surprised you didn't float to the ground, Beechfall," Shinefang stepping back and turning toward his herb shelf. He rolled a comfrey root out of place and it clattered to the ground and rolled right toward Grousestar, who was looking up at him and seemingly interested in what he was working on. "Guess it likes you, Grousestar. Mind taking a bite of that and chewing it up for me? I only have one mouth, and I need it for talking." The old tom turned back to his shelf and kept fishing for the other ingredients for the poultice he wanted to make. "I have good news and bad news. The good news is that your leg isn't broken. The bad news if that you managed to give yourself a pretty nasty sprain. More good news: you ought to be good as new in half a moon to three quarters of a moons. Bad news, only if you stay off of it for at least the next few days, so If you're itching to get your claws on that crow, you'll just have to wait." At last, Shinefang found the herbs that he was looking for and pulled them out, letting the leaves fall to the floor. Scooping up and dry and thick dendelion leaf, Shinefang padded over to the warrior and set it in front of her. "Let's try this before we move straight to poppy. Chew this up and swallow the juice and it ought to ease the pain. It's gonna taste like you're eating grass, but what can you do?" He asked with a shrug, popping the elder leaves in his mouth to start chewing them into a pulp as he looked over at Grousestar to see how the comfrey was coming along.
{Sorry about the lateness </3}

The leader would show a gentle smile to Shinefang as he gave his apologetic shrug, wanting to know that it was perfectly okay for the conversation to be dropped in order to care for an injured clanmate. However he would snort and flick his tail in indignation with a playful eyeroll at the medicine cat's sly comment about 'some patients being needy' to Barbedfall, though he would make no verbal attempt to deny it.
The she-cat hissed quietly as the older tom ran a paw up and down her injured leg, searching for breaks in the bone, sometimes wriggling his paw because of her particularly thick fur. To say in the least, she was happier when he was done with that part of his examination, even attempting to try and keep the injured leg under herself before giving that up as the pain was too much. "Barbedfall. And as much as I'd like to say I float like a cloud, it's more like I fall like a rock. That's why I do my best to not fall from trees." There was a sharp tone in her voice when she corrected Shinefang of her name before it disappeared into more of a sigh. It was clear she wished she wasn't in this nest to begin with, but she knew there was nothing much she could do now aside from let it heal and do whatever he wanted her to do.

As the comfrey root rolled right up to Grousestar, he peered down at it curiously before glancing up at the one-eyed medicine cat, chuckling out as the tom stated that the plant apparently liked him. "I believe I can do that for you. Though I do think it'd be a curious thing if you did happen to have more than one mouth, one for talking, and one for chewing herbs." With one last chuckle, he would take a bite out of the root and begin to chew it up, doing his best to keep it off his tongue, hoping it wasn't one of the more bitter herbs that the medicine cat had in his stores.
"Oh thank Starclan." Breathed out the large she-cat as she was given the good news; to be truthful with herself, she thought it was broken and was already planning out her talk with Grousestar to retire early into the elders den so she wouldn't have to face the shame. Now she didn't need to worry about it! And then came the bad news, or rather, to her it was bad news, to him it was 'more good news'. "Half a moon?! Of just laying here and not doing anything?! You have got to be kidding me! I can't just lay here! There is stuff to be done, I have to keep my reputation up!" She meowed out in disdain. Turning her head to the dandelion leaf, she huffed out unhappily before leaning down to begin chewing it up and swallowing the juice as he instructed, her nose wrinkling slightly.
Sitting up as he finished chewing the comfrey, Grousestar padded over, moving much more easily than the day before.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old March 13th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okapi View Post
(sorry this is short, I'm on mobile and I know the drill that after 2 days you get skipped)
Eveningkit gulped nervously realizing she'd have to confess the truth now,"I have seen the place you described in my dreams, but I avoided being seen because I didn't want to be forced to train their. I saw them training apprentices I didn't recognize- most likely from other clans, and warriors too. They never spoke to be or acknowledged me. I don't want to be turned into a murdering evil cat." She meowed her voice filled with urgency and hints of fear seeping through her green eyes starting to grow wide.
A thousand thoughts ran through Shinefang’s mind at once as he stared coldly at the kit while she choked back tears. How had she gotten to the dark forest? Why was she being spirited there in her dreams? Was there a way to stop it? He’d never heard of a cat just being transported there. There had always been an element of choice. Though Eveningkit was upset about it now, that didn’t mean she always had been. And what’s more, it didn’t mean her feelings would stay the same if she kept going there. These visits had to end. But how? After a pregnant pause, Shinefang asked her. “Do you go every night in your dreams? Are there some days you don’t? And if so, what is different about these nights?”

Old March 13th, 2018, 01:37 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

This was Caliapaw’s first time ever - yes, quite literally ever crossing over Clan borders. As she had stepped onto SkyClan territory, she’d been anxious - but, she needed herbs. Caliapaw didn’t know Shinefang, but she suspected she was about to get to know him. Perhaps he could teach her a thing or two, she was still inexperienced after all, and she had no idea what to do about it. I need… marigold and poppyseeds. Caliapaw could picture the medicine cat den in her mind, and those two ingredients were in short supply indeed… she hadn’t been having any luck finding some more, either. With a sigh, she stepped into the medicine cat’s den, looking around. The whole area was just different - of course it wasn’t ThunderClan, but Caliapaw had expected something else, she supposed. SkyClan was the newest Clan, and since she didn’t know much about them, she wasn’t sure if they had different customs or something - nobody really talked a lot about SkyClan, and Wheatfur had never mentioned the medicine cat there. It was a tom now, wasn’t it… Shinefang? Caliapaw was hoping she had his name right, as much as she doubted anyone knew who she was - she was pretty much unknown. ”Hello? Is anybody here?” She asked, hesitant to venture further into the medicine cat’s den until she had an answer. She wasn’t in her comfort zone with this type of thing, especially since she wasn’t at home.

@Charmer

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 13th, 2018, 10:56 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
{Sorry about the lateness </3}

The leader would show a gentle smile to Shinefang as he gave his apologetic shrug, wanting to know that it was perfectly okay for the conversation to be dropped in order to care for an injured clanmate. However he would snort and flick his tail in indignation with a playful eyeroll at the medicine cat's sly comment about 'some patients being needy' to Barbedfall, though he would make no verbal attempt to deny it.
The she-cat hissed quietly as the older tom ran a paw up and down her injured leg, searching for breaks in the bone, sometimes wriggling his paw because of her particularly thick fur. To say in the least, she was happier when he was done with that part of his examination, even attempting to try and keep the injured leg under herself before giving that up as the pain was too much. "Barbedfall. And as much as I'd like to say I float like a cloud, it's more like I fall like a rock. That's why I do my best to not fall from trees." There was a sharp tone in her voice when she corrected Shinefang of her name before it disappeared into more of a sigh. It was clear she wished she wasn't in this nest to begin with, but she knew there was nothing much she could do now aside from let it heal and do whatever he wanted her to do.

As the comfrey root rolled right up to Grousestar, he peered down at it curiously before glancing up at the one-eyed medicine cat, chuckling out as the tom stated that the plant apparently liked him. "I believe I can do that for you. Though I do think it'd be a curious thing if you did happen to have more than one mouth, one for talking, and one for chewing herbs." With one last chuckle, he would take a bite out of the root and begin to chew it up, doing his best to keep it off his tongue, hoping it wasn't one of the more bitter herbs that the medicine cat had in his stores.
"Oh thank Starclan." Breathed out the large she-cat as she was given the good news; to be truthful with herself, she thought it was broken and was already planning out her talk with Grousestar to retire early into the elders den so she wouldn't have to face the shame. Now she didn't need to worry about it! And then came the bad news, or rather, to her it was bad news, to him it was 'more good news'. "Half a moon?! Of just laying here and not doing anything?! You have got to be kidding me! I can't just lay here! There is stuff to be done, I have to keep my reputation up!" She meowed out in disdain. Turning her head to the dandelion leaf, she huffed out unhappily before leaning down to begin chewing it up and swallowing the juice as he instructed, her nose wrinkling slightly.
Sitting up as he finished chewing the comfrey, Grousestar padded over, moving much more easily than the day before.
(It's alright. Stuff has been a little crazy for me lately, so I'm behind.)

"One mouth on me is all Starclan could handle," Shinefang quipped back as he heard the sound of the Skyclan leader chomping through the thick, rather tasteless herb. Shinefang listened with cheeks full of pulped elder leaves to the shecat react to his diagnosis, unmoved by her outrage. With and undignified "hurk" the tom spat the bitter leaf pulp onto his paw and scraped it off into a hollowed out cobnut he had nearby. "Keep walking on it, and you'll earn a reputation for the cat with the worst permanent limp in the clan," he replied matter of factly, gently pushing the cobnut to his side as he heard Grousestar approaching. "Go ahead and spit it right in here," he said without looking at the leader. Then all at once, he poked a paw in her direction and said. "See what I'm saying? No patience with these warriors."

Old March 14th, 2018, 04:52 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
This was Caliapaw’s first time ever - yes, quite literally ever crossing over Clan borders. As she had stepped onto SkyClan territory, she’d been anxious - but, she needed herbs. Caliapaw didn’t know Shinefang, but she suspected she was about to get to know him. Perhaps he could teach her a thing or two, she was still inexperienced after all, and she had no idea what to do about it. I need… marigold and poppyseeds. Caliapaw could picture the medicine cat den in her mind, and those two ingredients were in short supply indeed… she hadn’t been having any luck finding some more, either. With a sigh, she stepped into the medicine cat’s den, looking around. The whole area was just different - of course it wasn’t ThunderClan, but Caliapaw had expected something else, she supposed. SkyClan was the newest Clan, and since she didn’t know much about them, she wasn’t sure if they had different customs or something - nobody really talked a lot about SkyClan, and Wheatfur had never mentioned the medicine cat there. It was a tom now, wasn’t it… Shinefang? Caliapaw was hoping she had his name right, as much as she doubted anyone knew who she was - she was pretty much unknown. ”Hello? Is anybody here?” She asked, hesitant to venture further into the medicine cat’s den until she had an answer. She wasn’t in her comfort zone with this type of thing, especially since she wasn’t at home.

@Charmer
Shinefang was just sorting through his herbs to take out supplies trying to find new space for the alder bark he had happened across. He heard someone calling as they stepped into the den, and the old tom wrinkled his nose in surprise at a mingling of scents that he hadn't expected. There was Thunderclan scent instead of Skyclan, and herb scents too. He turned from his shelf and and eyed the young, blonde-furred cat who was standing there with his single, orange eye. The old scarred tom's shredded ear gave a twitch as he took a step closer to get a better look at her. "You must be the Thunderclan medicine cat. Or you walked through every herb on the way here. Canarypaw, was it?" The old tom asked. He swept a paw through the air with a shrug. "Welcome to Skyclan."

Old March 15th, 2018, 04:43 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Shinefang was just sorting through his herbs to take out supplies trying to find new space for the alder bark he had happened across. He heard someone calling as they stepped into the den, and the old tom wrinkled his nose in surprise at a mingling of scents that he hadn't expected. There was Thunderclan scent instead of Skyclan, and herb scents too. He turned from his shelf and and eyed the young, blonde-furred cat who was standing there with his single, orange eye. The old scarred tom's shredded ear gave a twitch as he took a step closer to get a better look at her. "You must be the Thunderclan medicine cat. Or you walked through every herb on the way here. Canarypaw, was it?" The old tom asked. He swept a paw through the air with a shrug. "Welcome to Skyclan."
”Uh, it’s… Caliapaw, actually. And you’re Shinefang, right?” The young medicine cat mewed, shifting her weight a little uncomfortably as she looked over the tom. ”I just came to get some marigold and poppy seeds…” Caliapaw’s voice trailed off as she looked around the SkyClan medicine cat’s den. Being in unfamiliar territory put her more on edge, and especially in territory like this - she wasn’t comfortable at all. Her golden eyes fixed themselves on the herb storage - the only thing that she was completely familiar with here. It was organized differently, but the sight of the familiar herbs calmed her down significantly. The SkyClan medicine cat was older than she’d thought - and scarred, like he’d been in battle before. There were a few herbs she definitely didn’t recognize, and they aroused her curiosity. There were some like them back in ThunderClan - but Caliapaw didn’t know what they were used for, or even how to use them. She didn’t really want to ask, though - not knowing Shinefang very well and everything.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old March 17th, 2018, 04:20 PM
Sigh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post
”Uh, it’s… Caliapaw, actually. And you’re Shinefang, right?” The young medicine cat mewed, shifting her weight a little uncomfortably as she looked over the tom. ”I just came to get some marigold and poppy seeds…” Caliapaw’s voice trailed off as she looked around the SkyClan medicine cat’s den. Being in unfamiliar territory put her more on edge, and especially in territory like this - she wasn’t comfortable at all. Her golden eyes fixed themselves on the herb storage - the only thing that she was completely familiar with here. It was organized differently, but the sight of the familiar herbs calmed her down significantly. The SkyClan medicine cat was older than she’d thought - and scarred, like he’d been in battle before. There were a few herbs she definitely didn’t recognize, and they aroused her curiosity. There were some like them back in ThunderClan - but Caliapaw didn’t know what they were used for, or even how to use them. She didn’t really want to ask, though - not knowing Shinefang very well and everything.
Shinefang’s ear gave an irritated twitch. “Not even a how-do-you-do, and already asking for herbs?” The old tom grouched, moving to his herb wall and pulling down a poppy seed packet and three orange flowers. “Cats these days,” he muttered, nudging the herbs toward the apprentice. “By the way, I never got to tell you that I was sorry to hear about your mentor. Wheatfur was a good cat,” the old tom meowed.

Last edited by Charmer; March 17th, 2018 at 04:20 PM.