Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Starcave

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Introducing Myself
Last post by Wingnettle
Today 03:41 AM
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by Forgetfulshape
Today 02:29 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Yesterday 11:51 PM

Old August 20th, 2020, 03:24 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

Snailswirl plodded forward, weariness settling in their heavy paws. It was late... the stars were gorgeous, but the oaks and pines blocked them out. Not being able to see the moon and stars overhead made the tabby uncomfortable. How any cat could stay a night, let alone a lifetime in a forest was unimaginable. The undergrowth and roots had been targeting their paws all night, it seemed. Snail had tripped and stumbled more times than they cared to recall. But they were finally approaching, and... they weren’t alone. ShadowClan, much stronger than the remnants of their old territory. It was just Itisflame, they hoped. Though... there was more than one scent. Maybe she’d gotten an apprentice? Or maybe Echopaw or... whoever had returned. That was good news... right?

At the top of a hill, there was a silhouette. "Irisflame...?" they whispered, mostly to themself and Coldamber. They were certainly glad they weren’t doing this alone. Maybe they’d been wrong about scenting more than one ShadowClanner. With a small nod to Coldamber, they’d begin to scale the hill. It was... quite the climb, to be honest. About halfway up, Snailswirl felt their labored breathing become more wheezy. Oh, no. Not again. Their stupid breathing acting up. After what seemed like forever, the medicine cat flopped on top of the hill, wheezing. "I... I’m fi... fine..." they panted, desperately trying to get air back into their lungs. This happened sometimes: after running awhile, after running really fast, even after a particularly difficult battle training session. And so, it seemed, after scaling a hill. Great.

Once they felt comfortable enough to get up, Snailswirl struggled to their paws. It seemed their legs wanted to give out, too. Awhile of being in the medicine den seemed to do that to a cat. "We should.. follow the scent..." they spoke, feeling less breathless. Finally, they were feeling somewhat normal. As darkness enveloped them, Snail found themself wanting to feel Coldamber. To know they weren’t alone. Even a brush on their tail or a stir of breath on their side. This was... kind of terrifying, to be honest. They had no idea what to expect.

Until they felt air! Fresh air stirred their whiskers and they felt the tiredness evaporate. Light! Light up ahead. Very dim, but something! "C’mon," they whisper-spoke, feeling excitement fizzle though their veins. Stars filtered in fro above and shiny crystals sparkled along the walls. They didn’t even see the others at first, so lost in the dazzling spectacle. It wasn’t until they shook out their pelt and realized, embarrassed, that they had an audience. They greeted the cats as they saw them. "Irisflame, uh... hello... and you must be the medicine cat apprentice...?" still feeling embarrassed, they looked down at their paws for a second and then up. Something... someone else.... caught their eye. Her scarred, dark pelt and her piercing eyes...

"Coldamber, get back!" to their knowledge, the loner turned queen turned medicine cat didn’t know any fighting moves. It looked like they’d have to play protector. The medicine cat was more important, technically, than the apprentice anyway. Claws now unsheathed and fear radiating off of the tabby, they backed against a wall. No way out. This had to be a trap. Retaliation, of sorts. Irisflame seemed nice. But hey, maybe they were just bad at judging cats.

Of all the Clans, ShadowClan did seem to have the most reason to kill another Clan’s medicine cats. Well, Snailswirl wouldn’t go down easy.

@NIGHTOWL @Moon Lily @Siren Bliss @Pigeon @Rainquail

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old August 20th, 2020, 03:51 PM

My Mood: Dead

Coldamber tripped often, with the roots and tangles deciding the tri pod of a cat was a perfect target. In the less hazardous parts, she tried to help Snailswirl. Or she pretended to help them, really she wanted the extra support, leaning in eachother, but it helped the both of them out, so it wasn't entirely selfish, right?

When they reached the mountain, a part of her felt dread pang through her spine. How was she supposed to climb that? With 3 legs? Was this their way of trying to kill her?
She stayed behind Snailswirl, pushing him upwards if needed before scampering up herself. The fact she had most of her fourth leg helped.

She had barely stepped into the Cave with Snailswirl when they freaked out and told her to get back. She did, unsure about why they insisted.

@Pigeon @Moon Lily @Siren Bliss @NIGHTOWL @elysian

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old August 20th, 2020, 09:46 PM
Engine engine number nine

[ @Moon Lily; @Rainquail; @elysian; @Pigeon; @NIGHTOWL; ]

---Ebonyfang---

The tom padded after his mentor, keeping up with her and Icestar. He scented the other medicine cats and gave them a respectful nod. Ebonyfang looked at Snailswirl. "Yes I am.", he meowed, giving her a friendly smile. He knew that medicine cats were nearly friends, so he might as well be friendly.

The large black tom had heard stories of the medicine cats talking to their ancestors this way. He wondered who he'd meet. Hopefully it wasn't his father. He may not have known Crowtail, but he hated his guts. Ebonyfang ignored the thoughts of the rogue.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do

Old August 21st, 2020, 01:39 AM
clearing away the dust

My Mood: Tired

At last. The moon was high in the sky as the ShadowClan leader padded along beside the medicine cats. She was going to get answers, no matter what it took. If StarClan was going to turn their backs on her, then she would seek them out. Hunt them down. Whatever it took. Being leader was supposed to mean a strong connection to the stars. How could you do this? How could you let this happen? Icestar cursed her ancestors internally. Her ears pricked when she scented other cats, and she flickered her gaze to the moon.

Right. It was the half moon. The medicine cats would be meeting tonight, of course. Why hadn't she thought of that? No matter, she huffed. As much as she disliked the thought of being around all of these other clan cats, she would not let her strength waver even for a second. At least she'd get to witness Ebonyfang's introduction to the other medicine cats. She was interested in his response, and the other's reactions to Icestar's doppelganger kin.

Just crippled weaklings who couldn't handle serving as warriors. Her father's words echoed in her head, and she rejected them. The leader may have been callous, but she had respect for medicine cats. She once had admired their connection with StarClan. But tonight it felt like a personal blow. She wouldn't disrupt their meeting--no, she had no interest in whatever these cat's dead friends had to say. She would not be partaking. Icestar was going searching on her own. She stepped into the glistening cave, moonlight glinting off the crystals into her orange eyes, and took a seat a bit farther away from the group, acknowledging that she was not a part of it.

@Siren Bliss @Moon Lily @Rainquail @NIGHTOWL @elysian

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old August 22nd, 2020, 04:55 PM
I. Am Checkmate :)

My Mood: Cheerful

@Moon Lily @Pigeon @elysian @Rainquail @Siren Bliss
( Srry guys I had school )

Arriving horribly late, Lionwhisker wormed his way to the others. Sighing , the old tom gave an apologetic glance to every one. Though he froze once he saw...Icestar . His ears folded back as he took his seat and gave a cold glare.After a minute or two he had to remind himself of who she really was...He gave an uneasy nod afterwards only to look back at his comrades "I'm sorry I'm late...I had some matters I needed to attend to..." more like sleeping in was the case , he just didn't want to admit it. Though he gave a smile to Irisflame and the newbies " I've not seen you in a while the gathering didn't do much. And congratulations again you three! I hope you choose to stick around " he meowed with a lift of his chin.

Characters -Claudius ( Rogue )

Old August 24th, 2020, 04:57 AM
chase your dreams, fool.

[ @elysian @Rainquail @Siren Bliss @Pigeon @NIGHTOWL ]

Irisflame's gaze danced towards the crystals, wondering just how soon the moon would align with its frosty shards. It was easier to look at them rather than Icestar anyway. She glimpsed at the kin through the half-light, a small fizzle of amusement bubbling within her at the fact that they looked like twins in the dark. That was bound to rile up some confusion. Her gaze shifted to Icestar momentarily, who remained silent even as she heard the faint patters of arrivals in the passage. Why...?
Shaking her crippled paw to avoid pins and needles, she swiveled around to face the Windclan newbies. Offering them both a soft smile as they entered, she realized that they were both too spellbound by the gemstone to notice. It was hard to walk into the cavern before glueing your eyes to the precious rock. It just gave her more time to work on her grin, which was very out of practice.

"Heya, rookies. Coldamber and Snailswirl...yeah?" She asked tentatively, hoping that she'd gotten their names right the first time they'd met. It was unlikely that she'd been mistaken, but always good to check. As they padded over, she marveled at the crystal-made sunspots dancing along the walls. The entire cavern would be filled with light once the moon decided to show its face.

The atmosphere was instantly changed as she heard a gasp and the small quiver of claws being unsheathed. Oh, for Star's sakes! And this was why you never took your leader to medicine cat meetings. Honestly, Icestar should have been more aware of the fear she could bring. But the leader continued to sit in her dank corner with her customary cold gaze. She'd look like an angry stone if it wasn't for her piercing orange orbs. That was the one thing she and Ebonyflame did not have in common. Besides the numerous scars.
Turning bemusedly to the frightened medicine cat, she offered a fake smile.
"Do you mind putting those little gems away? I have no idea why she's here, but I can tell you this is not some ambush." Irisflame reassured tightly, although her tone sounded far from it. To be honest...she was nervous as hell. This was her first meeting without Coyotesnarl or Otterstone- there would likely be a better dynamic without her, but still- and it didn't seem like Fawnsqueak or Lionwhisker were coming. She'd give them a few more minutes, but Moonhigh was fast approaching.
"Okay. Let's just sit down and chill. The boys still haven't come yet, and we have all the time in the world- and speak of the Devil." She remarked, grinning as Lionwhisker made his way into the dim-lit cavern. And, like the others, with a wariness that could only be blamed on Icestar.
"Your Icy Highness, these are the medicine cats, Herb-spitters, this is Icestar. Now that we've had a formal introduction, let's be friends just for tonight and get this meeting done and dusted."

❝shine bright, little star.❞

i've shut down all rps, but i'll be semi-online for vms and pms.
hit me up on discord if you'd like to chat over dms (:

sitesignature pic • profile pic from alice oseman's heartstopper <3

Last edited by Moon Lily; August 24th, 2020 at 04:58 AM.
Old August 24th, 2020, 05:45 AM

My Mood: Dead

Coldamber's eyes flitted to Snailswirl. Was that what he had been afraid of? The Shadowclan leader?
She didn't know whether or not this was something that was frowned upon, but surely leaders of all cats had just as much right to visit the star cats?
She gently brushed herself against her partner's shoulder, hoping they would realize she wasn't afraid and they were hopefully in no danger.
She padded up to Irisflame and dipped her head.
Hello Irisflame. Is this one your new apprentice?"
She nodded to Ebonyfang. He looked..... quite similar to the Shadow leader. Relatives, maybe? Either way, it was hardly any of her business.
She bowed to him in turn.

Coldamber wanted to hopefully sneak a second or two with Irisflame to ask about how they were doing since they had been wrongfully driven off by Windclan. She wanted to offer help, but what could she do that the other Medicine Cat wouldn't already know?
Was it even her place to help them? Would it be seen as disloyalty or betrayal?
Her head spun uncomfortably and she had to sit, lest she would fall flat on her ass in front of all these important cats.

@Moon Lily @Pigeon @elysian @Siren Bliss @NIGHTOWL

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old August 25th, 2020, 09:57 AM
clearing away the dust

Icestar was well aware of the shift in tension in the room due to her presence. She imagined it wasn't always this tense at these meetings, even though these were all cats from different Clans. Her gaze met each of the medicine cats individually, and it wasn't until they had all arrived that she decided to speak at all. She didn't like to repeat herself.

"I have my reasons for being here, and none of them concern you," the ShadowClan leader meowed gruffly. "I assure you I'm not here to fight you or steal your secrets. I'll be having my own, separate meeting with StarClan tonight." What she would not tell them was how furious she was with her ancestors. She was going to give quite an earful to whoever would listen. Whoever she could find.

The moon would be overhead very soon.

@Moon Lily @Siren Bliss @NIGHTOWL @Rainquail @elysian

Character Site - Tracker - Commission Info
Taking time off from work recovering from surgery! Professional artist. If I'm taking too long to respond, please PM me to remind me!
Old August 27th, 2020, 07:00 AM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Snailswirl
—————

Snailswirl listened as murmurs of confusion rose around them. They were on edge, gaze never straying from the huge ShadowClan leader. As she explained her purpose here, the tabby’s ears flattened. It seemed they had no use being worried. They would sheathe their claws, but keep one eye on Icestar at all times. They didn’t trust her. Feeling a brush on their shoulder, Snail looked at Coldamber. She seemed convinced they were okay.

Still, a nagging feeling wormed into their gut.

As the moon slid into view, it caught the light of the crystals. Though they could just barely see it, the crystals all around them glittered with light. Was... was this it? The moon wasn’t even in full view but... this took their breath away. Wow. Icestar temporarily forgotten, they turned and examined a few crystals, waving their paw over them to see if it blocked out the light. This was... amazing.

@Rainquail @NIGHTOWL @Pigeon @Moon Lily @Siren Bliss

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]

Last edited by vellichor; August 27th, 2020 at 07:01 AM.
Old August 29th, 2020, 04:40 PM
Engine engine number nine

[ @Moon Lily; @Pigeon; @Rainquail; @NIGHTOWL; @elysian; ]

Ebonyfang looked at all the medicine cats. They had every right to think this was an ambush, but all Icestar cared about right now is getting answers from Starclan. "yeah I'm the new medicine cat of Shadowclan.", he meowed with no emotions

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do