Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > Outskirts > Private Roleplays

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Medicine Cat's...
by BEAR.
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 02:33 PM
tracker stuff
by starry
Last post by starry
Today 02:32 PM
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 02:28 PM
A Very Impulsively Made...
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 02:18 PM

Old April 20th, 2017, 06:34 PM
i love sussy the bestest

My Mood: Cool

Default Re: Calia's Garden [Private]

@Lonestar23

Calia's eyes blinked open softly, resembling that of a newborn kit when they first open their own young eyes. She was greeted by the dark gray cement layering the ground, creating the wall that supported the bridge. She raised her head, stretching her jaws wide in a silent yawn. Furiously blinking fatigue from her vibrant blue eyes, Calia gathered her paws below her before pushing herself up. With her paws firmly pressed against the ground and her rump in the air, she stretched until her tail curled. Muscles now awake and ready, she trotted her way to the pond.

On her way, she was reminded of her guest, and all the events that took place yesterday. Her ears shrunk back slightly in embarrassment. She'd never shared the story she shared last night so freely. The only other cats she'd shared her story with was the Clan patrol she'd nursed moons ago.

She gaped at the improvement of the pond. Fresh water rippled before her, cool and refreshing when she lapped at it. However, she noted that it had risen overnight - most likely from the melt of the ice. Of course, not all of the blanketing ice had gone, but a majority of it had, and whatever was remaining was thin. Glancing up at the sky, she noted the usual blue was a stormy gray. And cold nipped at her paws and tail, and everywhere. Calia fluffed up her pelt, absorbing warmth.

She glanced over at the sleeping figure of Obsidian.
Old April 20th, 2017, 07:11 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

My Mood: Fine

Dreams of his past, and present awoke Obsidian-- well, they had been more like nightmares, but the important thing was the fact that they were over now. Thank goodness. Starlet cats surrounding him and his brother, and... ugh, it had been awful. Tomorrow morning he would be on his way. Tomorrow morning there would be no more confusion. No more worries. He would be on his way to the bloodthirsty-- yet strangely tempting-- Dusk Syndicate. No worries! Things were going to be just fine, he was absolutely sure of it. Yawning, the tom got to his paws. His yellow hues were dimly aware of his surroundings, and as they came into focus, so did Calia. Jumping backwards, the tom half-tripped before he remembered where he was and that she had invited him here. Remembering this, a sheepish and somewhat embarassed expression, followed by a muttered apology came from the tom as he lowered his head, turning his back on the ginger female.

Sparring. Now. His instincts were telling him that it was a bad idea to even ask, but his mind was pushing him to the breaking point until he was about to answer aloud. And... one of the universal signs of insanity was answering aloud, so Obsidian figured it would probably be a good idea to keep his maw shut. Instead he joined the female's side. Keeping his distance-- but still beside her, nonetheless. Some might consider this an effort to be friendly. For Obsidian? This was like a huge leap in that direction, from where he had been yesterday. And yet, since she was being so hospitable and had told him her past and everything... he figured the least he could do was show a little bit of respect for the female. At least try to get to know her. It might be nice. "Cold this morning." He had a shorter pelt; one that wasn't meant to keep out cold, and it kept biting at his pelt. Annoyingly enough. He dipped his head, examining the water... was it his imagination, or was the ice gone?

He quickly found it wasn't his imagination. Drinking eagerly, the tom lifted his head a moment later. "I was thinking. You said travelers used to give you something in return; I guess it's only fair I do the same." Besides, it'll give me a bit of practice as well. "Would you like to spar with me?" He asked, cocking his head to one side. It wasn't much of a gift. But it was the best that the tom had to offer, and he hoped she realized that.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.

Last edited by lone; April 20th, 2017 at 07:11 PM.
Old April 20th, 2017, 07:54 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar23 View Post

Dreams of his past, and present awoke Obsidian-- well, they had been more like nightmares, but the important thing was the fact that they were over now. Thank goodness. Starlet cats surrounding him and his brother, and... ugh, it had been awful. Tomorrow morning he would be on his way. Tomorrow morning there would be no more confusion. No more worries. He would be on his way to the bloodthirsty-- yet strangely tempting-- Dusk Syndicate. No worries! Things were going to be just fine, he was absolutely sure of it. Yawning, the tom got to his paws. His yellow hues were dimly aware of his surroundings, and as they came into focus, so did Calia. Jumping backwards, the tom half-tripped before he remembered where he was and that she had invited him here. Remembering this, a sheepish and somewhat embarrassed expression, followed by a muttered apology came from the tom as he lowered his head, turning his back on the ginger female.

Sparring. Now. His instincts were telling him that it was a bad idea to even ask, but his mind was pushing him to the breaking point until he was about to answer aloud. And... one of the universal signs of insanity was answering aloud, so Obsidian figured it would probably be a good idea to keep his maw shut. Instead he joined the female's side. Keeping his distance-- but still beside her, nonetheless. Some might consider this an effort to be friendly. For Obsidian? This was like a huge leap in that direction, from where he had been yesterday. And yet, since she was being so hospitable and had told him her past and everything... he figured the least he could do was show a little bit of respect for the female. At least try to get to know her. It might be nice. "Cold this morning." He had a shorter pelt; one that wasn't meant to keep out cold, and it kept biting at his pelt. Annoyingly enough. He dipped his head, examining the water... was it his imagination, or was the ice gone?

He quickly found it wasn't his imagination. Drinking eagerly, the tom lifted his head a moment later. "I was thinking. You said travelers used to give you something in return; I guess it's only fair I do the same." Besides, it'll give me a bit of practice as well. "Would you like to spar with me?" He asked, cocking his head to one side. It wasn't much of a gift. But it was the best that the tom had to offer, and he hoped she realized that.
Calia couldn't help but giggle at Obsidian's shock-caused trip. Quickly, though, she brought her paw to her mouth, attempting to muffle her laughter. She flicked her bushy tail at him, a silent response to his unnecessary apology, that meant no need to be sorry. After all, he caused her to laugh, which was an apology all in itself. She liked those who could make her laugh - which wasn't very difficult - and she liked everyone. She immediately silenced her giggles when he turned his back on her, figuring she had further embarrassed him by finding his mistake amusing. Bringing her paw back to the ground, she could only look at him and await his reaction.

She let her jaw drop in shock when Obsidian joined her by the pool of water. Normally, she'd have to make the advancements, but not now. Calia couldn't hide the small smile of pride at his improvement. And then he spoke. Well then; he spoke first and I'm a mouse. But he did speak first, and she let it surprise her. Again, she'd always had to take action first. Calia mumbled a soft `yeah`, still shocked at his improvement. She didn't even completely hear what he had said. The moment the first syllable escaped past his lips, she was kidnapped from reality.

Shaking her head discreetly, clearing herself of surprise, Calia listened intently. She had to make up for her rudeness, for not listening, and answering him in mumbled dishonesty. Her bright blue eyes focused on the softly moving water beside Obsidian. She still felt he would be uncomfortable when it came to eye contact.

She thought the dark-pelted tomcat looked adorable when he held his head to the side like that. She smiled at him, her clouded mind focused on his cuteness. And then she returned to reality, but not before reminding herself of his nickname for her. Sunshine. Calia shook her head gently, ``You don't have to... You don't owe me anything, okay?`` However, her paws tingled with excitement at the thought of a spar. When was the last time she fought? Even playfully, or in training? Moons ago, for sure. She mainly healed and hunted - there were rarely times where she had to fight. No doubt her fighting skills were rusty. ``But if you want to, we can. I'm up for that.``

Calia stepped back, flicking her tail to the exit as well as motioning to it with a gentle flick of her head. ``You're cold, aren't you? So am I. We could both warm up and wake up with am early spar!`` Without awaiting a response, fearful he would turn her down now that she assured him he owed her nothing, she bounded from the area below the bridge. Pushing through stiff plants, and keeping her pelt brushed against the wall of the bridge, Calia made her way out into the open. Like a kit learning something new, she plopped herself down, facing the pathway she had just used and where Obsidian would erupt from. Her blue eyes were wide and bright, eager to begin.
Old April 21st, 2017, 05:10 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsurdJinx View Post
Calia couldn't help but giggle at Obsidian's shock-caused trip. Quickly, though, she brought her paw to her mouth, attempting to muffle her laughter. She flicked her bushy tail at him, a silent response to his unnecessary apology, that meant no need to be sorry. After all, he caused her to laugh, which was an apology all in itself. She liked those who could make her laugh - which wasn't very difficult - and she liked everyone. She immediately silenced her giggles when he turned his back on her, figuring she had further embarrassed him by finding his mistake amusing. Bringing her paw back to the ground, she could only look at him and await his reaction.

She let her jaw drop in shock when Obsidian joined her by the pool of water. Normally, she'd have to make the advancements, but not now. Calia couldn't hide the small smile of pride at his improvement. And then he spoke. Well then; he spoke first and I'm a mouse. But he did speak first, and she let it surprise her. Again, she'd always had to take action first. Calia mumbled a soft `yeah`, still shocked at his improvement. She didn't even completely hear what he had said. The moment the first syllable escaped past his lips, she was kidnapped from reality.

Shaking her head discreetly, clearing herself of surprise, Calia listened intently. She had to make up for her rudeness, for not listening, and answering him in mumbled dishonesty. Her bright blue eyes focused on the softly moving water beside Obsidian. She still felt he would be uncomfortable when it came to eye contact.

She thought the dark-pelted tomcat looked adorable when he held his head to the side like that. She smiled at him, her clouded mind focused on his cuteness. And then she returned to reality, but not before reminding herself of his nickname for her. Sunshine. Calia shook her head gently, ``You don't have to... You don't owe me anything, okay?`` However, her paws tingled with excitement at the thought of a spar. When was the last time she fought? Even playfully, or in training? Moons ago, for sure. She mainly healed and hunted - there were rarely times where she had to fight. No doubt her fighting skills were rusty. ``But if you want to, we can. I'm up for that.``

Calia stepped back, flicking her tail to the exit as well as motioning to it with a gentle flick of her head. ``You're cold, aren't you? So am I. We could both warm up and wake up with am early spar!`` Without awaiting a response, fearful he would turn her down now that she assured him he owed her nothing, she bounded from the area below the bridge. Pushing through stiff plants, and keeping her pelt brushed against the wall of the bridge, Calia made her way out into the open. Like a kit learning something new, she plopped herself down, facing the pathway she had just used and where Obsidian would erupt from. Her blue eyes were wide and bright, eager to begin.
I don't owe her anything? The tom thought, tempted to put his head on the other side. But, remembering what the starlet cats had told him before, he kept it straight. It's not professional. Their chiming laughs still played in his mind. Ugh, how he had hated those cats. Thank goodness they were gone now. They were over with. They would never be coming back, and it gave Obsidian a sense of satisfaction to know this. Thank goodness they were going to be gone for good. Or, rather, he was gone for good.

He had been the one who had left. Not the starlets. And yet he still took their advice, still kept his mind on their chiming laughter moons ago. "I... don't?" The tom sounded confused. Puzzled. Like he didn't quite understand what she meant by that. Odd. What did he care what a bunch of players thought of him? Apparently... everything. Apparently he cared more then he wanted to admit. What a completely annoying thought. A thought that Obsidian was quite bothered by. But, her next words put a smile on his maw.
Well, if that's what she wants, he thought with a shrug. He'd take it easy on her. After all, while their claws would be sheathed, it was still all too easy to harm your companion. Especially with Obsidian's past; in defense, he was afraid he might end up unsheathing his claws on her. Which as it had already been assumed was the last thing he would want to do. The very last thing. Fear that he would do that made his ears go back, but by now he couldn't very well change his mind. It would look odd. Weird. It would look like he hadn't really meant what he had said.

And that was the last thing Obsidian wanted to be pinned as. A liar and indecisive, he'd always been able to make decisions before! So then... why did this one feel like he would either be losing a friend or hurting an angel? Angel not being too far fetched. Friend? Probably more so. They were definitely not friends. There was absolutely no way that they would be. The thought of him and the ginger feline becoming friends within a few short days surprised Obsidian-- and, it was laughable. After all, he didn't allow himself to get close to anyone, and certainly not within a measly amount of time like a few days. How strange that would be. Certainly a twist of events that would belong in the stories twolegs told their kits.

Obsidian remembered those stories. They were pretty good stories... though some hadn't made any sense. But if he and Calia were to become friends, it would be the most unlikely of pairings. After all... she was sweet, and friendly, and he was... neither of those things. He wasn't sweet. He wasn't friendly. He wasn't even that nice. And yet, through some odd turn of events, could it be that he and Calia would become friends? Not within the short amount of time that he was sure he would be staying. He made his way over to face the she cat, keeping his claws sheathed and his hues sparking with interest and determination. This was going to be a spar the feline would remember; that much he was sure of.

Now, Obsidian didn't like to be touched. But there was a difference between an affectionate or playful one, and a fighting one. The latter he was okay with. The former he was not. Without warning he crouched and sprang, making sure his claws were sheathed, keeping one thought and one thought only in his mind: Don't unsheathe your claws. Don't hurt her. That would be a fine way to show his appreciation for her hospitality. And now? He locked his gaze with hers, staring directly at her. This was also something the tom was normally uncomfortable with, but his expression showed only the fiery determination that he was feeling. Nothing else.

I mentioned on my profile that I was starting over. A fresh start is best for me right now; I've created quite a few new characters, and they will all be on my site, but not all will be used in roleplay right away. it's likely I'll bring them in more gradually.
Old April 21st, 2017, 05:59 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
I don't owe her anything? The tom thought, tempted to put his head on the other side. But, remembering what the starlet cats had told him before, he kept it straight. It's not professional. Their chiming laughs still played in his mind. Ugh, how he had hated those cats. Thank goodness they were gone now. They were over with. They would never be coming back, and it gave Obsidian a sense of satisfaction to know this. Thank goodness they were going to be gone for good. Or, rather, he was gone for good.

He had been the one who had left. Not the starlets. And yet he still took their advice, still kept his mind on their chiming laughter moons ago. "I... don't?" The tom sounded confused. Puzzled. Like he didn't quite understand what she meant by that. Odd. What did he care what a bunch of players thought of him? Apparently... everything. Apparently he cared more then he wanted to admit. What a completely annoying thought. A thought that Obsidian was quite bothered by. But, her next words put a smile on his maw.
Well, if that's what she wants, he thought with a shrug. He'd take it easy on her. After all, while their claws would be sheathed, it was still all too easy to harm your companion. Especially with Obsidian's past; in defense, he was afraid he might end up unsheathing his claws on her. Which as it had already been assumed was the last thing he would want to do. The very last thing. Fear that he would do that made his ears go back, but by now he couldn't very well change his mind. It would look odd. Weird. It would look like he hadn't really meant what he had said.

And that was the last thing Obsidian wanted to be pinned as. A liar and indecisive, he'd always been able to make decisions before! So then... why did this one feel like he would either be losing a friend or hurting an angel? Angel not being too far fetched. Friend? Probably more so. They were definitely not friends. There was absolutely no way that they would be. The thought of him and the ginger feline becoming friends within a few short days surprised Obsidian-- and, it was laughable. After all, he didn't allow himself to get close to anyone, and certainly not within a measly amount of time like a few days. How strange that would be. Certainly a twist of events that would belong in the stories twolegs told their kits.

Obsidian remembered those stories. They were pretty good stories... though some hadn't made any sense. But if he and Calia were to become friends, it would be the most unlikely of pairings. After all... she was sweet, and friendly, and he was... neither of those things. He wasn't sweet. He wasn't friendly. He wasn't even that nice. And yet, through some odd turn of events, could it be that he and Calia would become friends? Not within the short amount of time that he was sure he would be staying. He made his way over to face the she cat, keeping his claws sheathed and his hues sparking with interest and determination. This was going to be a spar the feline would remember; that much he was sure of.

Now, Obsidian didn't like to be touched. But there was a difference between an affectionate or playful one, and a fighting one. The latter he was okay with. The former he was not. Without warning he crouched and sprang, making sure his claws were sheathed, keeping one thought and one thought only in his mind: Don't unsheathe your claws. Don't hurt her. That would be a fine way to show his appreciation for her hospitality. And now? He locked his gaze with hers, staring directly at her. This was also something the tom was normally uncomfortable with, but his expression showed only the fiery determination that he was feeling. Nothing else.
Calia couldn't help but release a yelp of surprise the moment Obsidian launched himself at her. She hadn't expected such an abrupt beginning to an early morning spar, but she was quick to recover. Her eyes widened, and her vibrant blue eyes displayed both shock and excitement. He was staring right at her! She fought the urge to smile softly, finding the eye contact to be an improvement, even though the action could be an intimidation technique during battle. Calia wasn't oblivious to the flaring determination within the depths of his gorgeous eyes, and she felt somewhat joyous that she would experience the training spar with Obsidian.

Instinctively, Calia's weight flooded her right side and she rolled free of his attack, swiftly yet clumsily scrambling to her paws. Her long pelt had gotten tangled with any decaying leaves on the ground, and specks of dirt decorated her pelt. Her wild fur went this way and that, slightly blinding her as it blanketed her eyes. She attempted to shake the lock of fur from her line of vision.
Old April 21st, 2017, 06:15 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Calia couldn't help but release a yelp of surprise the moment Obsidian launched himself at her. She hadn't expected such an abrupt beginning to an early morning spar, but she was quick to recover. Her eyes widened, and her vibrant blue eyes displayed both shock and excitement. He was staring right at her! She fought the urge to smile softly, finding the eye contact to be an improvement, even though the action could be an intimidation technique during battle. Calia wasn't oblivious to the flaring determination within the depths of his gorgeous eyes, and she felt somewhat joyous that she would experience the training spar with Obsidian.

Instinctively, Calia's weight flooded her right side and she rolled free of his attack, swiftly yet clumsily scrambling to her paws. Her long pelt had gotten tangled with any decaying leaves on the ground, and specks of dirt decorated her pelt. Her wild fur went this way and that, slightly blinding her as it blanketed her eyes. She attempted to shake the lock of fur from her line of vision.

Well, one thing to say about her was that she certainly seemed a little out of practice. And yet, she had still avoided his attack. Obsidian stumbled to his paws, trying to regain his balance while, unknown to him, she was still trying to regain her vision. A grunt of frustration escaped the tom as he prepared to spring again before noticing her situation. It was only a spar. Nothing more. Nothing else. So then, why was he about to spring anyways when he could tell that she was obviously trying to relieve herself from the blinding lock of fur? The tom shifted his weight uneasily for a moment. While he was uneasy about hurting the ginger feline, he also didn't want to get hurt himself while he was worrying. So, pushing his softer thoughts aside, Obsidian sprung for her again. Sorry... was the thought that entered his mind, surprisingly enough. It seemed that Obsidian was having just the slightest bit of second thoughts over this situation, despite the fact that he hadn't before. But, she'd be fine. Sparring was just like fighting without claws, and an enemy wouldn't have stopped there. Truth be told, Obsidian wanted to make sure she was able to protect herself against hostile cats, or he would feel bad about leaving. That was something that distinguished him from his brother. He cared more about cats, while his brother only cared about keeping himself safe. And, while that was also important to Obsidian... he wasn't going to let someone else get hurt (also unlike his brother) in order to do it.

Old April 21st, 2017, 10:29 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
Well, one thing to say about her was that she certainly seemed a little out of practice. And yet, she had still avoided his attack. Obsidian stumbled to his paws, trying to regain his balance while, unknown to him, she was still trying to regain her vision. A grunt of frustration escaped the tom as he prepared to spring again before noticing her situation. It was only a spar. Nothing more. Nothing else. So then, why was he about to spring anyways when he could tell that she was obviously trying to relieve herself from the blinding lock of fur? The tom shifted his weight uneasily for a moment. While he was uneasy about hurting the ginger feline, he also didn't want to get hurt himself while he was worrying. So, pushing his softer thoughts aside, Obsidian sprung for her again. Sorry... was the thought that entered his mind, surprisingly enough. It seemed that Obsidian was having just the slightest bit of second thoughts over this situation, despite the fact that he hadn't before. But, she'd be fine. Sparring was just like fighting without claws, and an enemy wouldn't have stopped there. Truth be told, Obsidian wanted to make sure she was able to protect herself against hostile cats, or he would feel bad about leaving. That was something that distinguished him from his brother. He cared more about cats, while his brother only cared about keeping himself safe. And, while that was also important to Obsidian... he wasn't going to let someone else get hurt (also unlike his brother) in order to do it.
Calia finally blew the fur from her eyes only to be greeted with Obsidian jumping at her. Why did she have to be so rusty in the area of fighting? However, she wasn't worried of receiving any injuries. Despite the fact that she only really just met the dark-pelted tomcat before her, she trusted him. She normally started off with strangers by trusting them and respecting them. After all, she believed a cat should automatically be respected, and that respect should be adjusted as time passes. With a soft grunt, Calia was brought to the ground by Obsidian's weight. She released a breathy laugh, partly to distract herself from the lack of air, as well as to reassure her opponent that she was okay. Not wanting the spar to end, she began a retaliation by gently kicking and pawing at him. She didn't want to hurt him. She laughed as she did this, almost like she was play-fighting with a littermate. But her laughter was meant for herself, she was laughing at her pathetic attempt. She continuously mewled through laughter, ``I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'm so rusty!``
Old April 22nd, 2017, 02:47 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Calia finally blew the fur from her eyes only to be greeted with Obsidian jumping at her. Why did she have to be so rusty in the area of fighting? However, she wasn't worried of receiving any injuries. Despite the fact that she only really just met the dark-pelted tomcat before her, she trusted him. She normally started off with strangers by trusting them and respecting them. After all, she believed a cat should automatically be respected, and that respect should be adjusted as time passes. With a soft grunt, Calia was brought to the ground by Obsidian's weight. She released a breathy laugh, partly to distract herself from the lack of air, as well as to reassure her opponent that she was okay. Not wanting the spar to end, she began a retaliation by gently kicking and pawing at him. She didn't want to hurt him. She laughed as she did this, almost like she was play-fighting with a littermate. But her laughter was meant for herself, she was laughing at her pathetic attempt. She continuously mewled through laughter, ``I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I'm so rusty!``
As soon as he landed on the she cat, his eyes grew wide and he scrambled quickly to get off of her. Finding himself partly trapped by his fear and partly by her soft, breathy laugh a moment later, the tom stopped and relaxed for a moment, his ears returning to their natural state. And he stayed there. For just a second, pinning her down, looking down at her with his hues twinkling playfully. "You're making me feel bad!" He laughed, giving her a playful soft pat before she began to paw at him. That was when the tom was able to scramble off of her, his ears going back once more and he looked away. Her laughter made him feel more comfortable, but his softer moment was gone-- and now he was back to being guarded. "Don't worry about it. Maybe we should take a break, huh?" He grunted, moving away, his ears still pinned back. He didn't so much as look at her. So close... his thoughts taunted him, and finally, he managed to look up and give her a sad smile. It wasn't his fault he needed to be this way. It was a survival technique. She had been really, really soft... reminding him of those starlet cats, but she wasn't like them. He'd been so close to actually believing it might be alright for him to loosen up a little. Too close. Tomorrow morning he would be on his way, he would be out of there, and he wouldn't be coming back to the place where he had almost lost himself. How stupid did she think he was? Maybe he was overreacting. So what. This was what had protected him before, and it was protecting him now. Assuming the worst of everyone... even if it was pretty hard to find in the gentle feline.

Last edited by lone; April 22nd, 2017 at 02:47 PM.
Old April 25th, 2017, 02:29 PM
i love sussy the bestest

Quote:
As soon as he landed on the she cat, his eyes grew wide and he scrambled quickly to get off of her. Finding himself partly trapped by his fear and partly by her soft, breathy laugh a moment later, the tom stopped and relaxed for a moment, his ears returning to their natural state. And he stayed there. For just a second, pinning her down, looking down at her with his hues twinkling playfully. "You're making me feel bad!" He laughed, giving her a playful soft pat before she began to paw at him. That was when the tom was able to scramble off of her, his ears going back once more and he looked away. Her laughter made him feel more comfortable, but his softer moment was gone-- and now he was back to being guarded. "Don't worry about it. Maybe we should take a break, huh?" He grunted, moving away, his ears still pinned back. He didn't so much as look at her. So close... his thoughts taunted him, and finally, he managed to look up and give her a sad smile. It wasn't his fault he needed to be this way. It was a survival technique. She had been really, really soft... reminding him of those starlet cats, but she wasn't like them. He'd been so close to actually believing it might be alright for him to loosen up a little. Too close. Tomorrow morning he would be on his way, he would be out of there, and he wouldn't be coming back to the place where he had almost lost himself. How stupid did she think he was? Maybe he was overreacting. So what. This was what had protected him before, and it was protecting him now. Assuming the worst of everyone... even if it was pretty hard to find in the gentle feline.
Calia practically whined when Obsidian pulled away. She had been having fun! With a disappointed sigh, she rolled onto her flank and watched the tom adopt both a reserved expression and posture. He had even began to play with her, too, only to seem to realize that what he was doing was wrong - but was it? She wondered what went on in the dark-pelted tomcat's head. He was such a mystery, and she yearned to discover just what he thought. Did he follow a certain set of rules that she was unaware of? Did he dislike her? No, he couldn't, seeing that he even participated in their playing for a small while.

Her tail swept against the ground nonchalantly as she attempted to play off his rejection coolly. Calia couldn't help but brighten when he looked at her, though it was just to flash her a sad smile. She figured he wasn't interested in a spar anymore, triggering disappointment to flood her. She cast him a reassuring smile before rolling over and jumping to her paws. She had to act as if he hadn't hurt her - that would make Obsidian feel bad, she believed, and she didn't want that.

``Are you sure?`` She questioned softly. ``I promise I'll try harder! But if you really want a break, we could try hunting? I'm ready for my morning meal, and I'm not interested in some ratty mice! Though feel free to relax, and I'll hunt. After all, you have quite a journey ahead of you.``
Old April 25th, 2017, 04:09 PM
✴rewrite the stars✴

Quote:
Calia practically whined when Obsidian pulled away. She had been having fun! With a disappointed sigh, she rolled onto her flank and watched the tom adopt both a reserved expression and posture. He had even began to play with her, too, only to seem to realize that what he was doing was wrong - but was it? She wondered what went on in the dark-pelted tomcat's head. He was such a mystery, and she yearned to discover just what he thought. Did he follow a certain set of rules that she was unaware of? Did he dislike her? No, he couldn't, seeing that he even participated in their playing for a small while.

Her tail swept against the ground nonchalantly as she attempted to play off his rejection coolly. Calia couldn't help but brighten when he looked at her, though it was just to flash her a sad smile. She figured he wasn't interested in a spar anymore, triggering disappointment to flood her. She cast him a reassuring smile before rolling over and jumping to her paws. She had to act as if he hadn't hurt her - that would make Obsidian feel bad, she believed, and she didn't want that.

``Are you sure?`` She questioned softly. ``I promise I'll try harder! But if you really want a break, we could try hunting? I'm ready for my morning meal, and I'm not interested in some ratty mice! Though feel free to relax, and I'll hunt. After all, you have quite a journey ahead of you.``

The tom shook his head, smiling a little at her friendly words but remaining firm in his decision all the same. "It's alright. I can hunt for myself, I don't want to bother you. I'm... used to being on my own." His voice had gone back to that state that showed he was not to be bothered. Oh Obsidian. Such a mysterious cat, yet he really wasn't that complicated. Anyone who would take the time or so much as bother to figure him out could see that. He would reveal his personality, emotions, and past in layers.

As soon as something uncomfortable happened? All the layers rewrapped themselves around, making an iron bond that was near-to impossible to see through. Annoying. Obnoxious. Something that Obsidian was most definitely bothered with, but what was he going to do about it? Keeping himself guarded was important. So was security. And he wouldn't give it all up for some she cat. Still, in an attempt to give her at least some form of conformation that he wasn't angry with her, he managed a smile. It looked weak, and... to be honest... fake, but it was still there. Barely. "So! Where's the best spot to hunt?" The tom asked, unsheathing and sheathing his claws.

A nervous habit. A silly one too, but what was he to do about it? There wasn't much that he could do. He was supposed to sit back and take everything life threw at him, like he always did. As he always had done. And always would do. Irritating, but that was the way of the world, wasn't it? The way of the world was to do things the way they had always been. The way they would always be. Obsidian glanced at Calia, feeling just the slightest bit bad for ending their spar so early. He wished he had told her it wasn't her fault earlier, but too late now. She'd made a fine partner. It was all his fault for being so guarded, and not wanting to open up and let her in, and all of that stuff. Stuff that Obsidian had been judged for all his life. Perhaps he just wanted it differently this time.