Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > ThunderClan

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
answering the call...
by taillow
Last post by rubberRatroom
Today 12:44 AM
Introducing Myself
Last post by kittycatburmise
Today 12:07 AM
going back to our watery...
Last post by Silverfur & Co
Yesterday 11:57 PM
homeward bound. [p]
by silver.
Last post by occultation
Yesterday 11:53 PM
a maple tree and a basil...
by ramen
Last post by ramen
Yesterday 11:51 PM

Old June 8th, 2023, 08:19 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Default Re: ThunderClan Medicine Cat's Den

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

It was only fair for her to be anxious right now, right? Certainly Springpaw–and perhaps Alderstep, too–were feeling the same after the recent meeting. Despite her anxieties, she tried her best to put up a relaxed front. It was less for her sake, more for Springpaw’s.

In comparison to the warriors den, this one felt… More empty. The fact that she had a companion, her apprentice, who would also be staying here, made her feel a bit more at ease.

At the sound of Bumblestar’s voice, Drizzlecloud trilled before she turned her attention towards her. Was she expecting her arrival? Yes. Did her arrival still kind of spook her? Most definitely! “Yes, I believe so.”

[ @ares - Springpaw , @dino. - Bumblestar ]

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old June 8th, 2023, 08:47 PM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

Being inside of the newly built medicine den for the first time felt… strange.

Springpaw’s eyes trailed around the dimly lit atmosphere as her oceanic hues took in every vibrant color of what she could see. It felt so quiet in contrast to the loud chatters of the apprentices in the apprentice den. Her nose twitched from the scent of vagrant herbs that had formerly remained untouched. Yet, against the silent quiet atmosphere she felt in this den, she could still feel a wave of unease cast itself among her shoulders. Anxiety churned itself in her chest as it weighed itself like a heavy barrel, ears tucked back as her eyes continued to glance around in the den. The fact that she now received Drizzlecloud as a mentor and a companion felt… surprisingly good? She barely knew the molly, yet she felt better receiving her as a mentor due to her kind-hearted nature and her soft spoken demeanor. It felt somewhat right to the pastel calico.

A quiet yelp escaped her throat when Bumblestar suddenly popped her head into the den, Springpaw whipping her head to face the direction of the cream-and-brown tabby molly. The apprentice quickly shifted herself around so she could properly look at the leader, watching her paw-steps so that she didn’t accidentally make a fool of herself and slip into the small stream. That would’ve just been embarrassing. Her ears then quickly twitched in the direction of Drizzlecloud as she listened to the medicine cat speak, Springpaw casting a small glance towards her mentor. Within in realization that she was going to need to speak, the pastel calico quickly swiped her tongue across her lips to cast some sort of moisture over them as they felt embarrassingly dry, and slowly nodded her head. ”Y… Yeah ma’am, we believe so.” Springpaw felt embarrassed that her words sounded meek, clearing her throat and standing up taller to straighten herself in a better position. She didn’t want to look like a fool in front of her own leader. Especially when she was the new medicine cat apprentice.

@dino. @Omari

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old June 8th, 2023, 10:40 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

[ @ares @Omari ]

Oh, good, they were both here. Bumblestar gave a snort of amusement at Springpaw's greeting. "Don't call me that, 'm barely a warrior myself."

She took a seat to the side of the den, tail curled neatly around her paws. Her posture was much more relaxed than it had been at the meeting, expression softer as she glanced them over.

"I just wanted to go over what I expect to see from you both here." Nothing major, just a simple rundown. "You're new to this, I get it, so I'll give you time to get settled in. But if it's been a few moons and I haven't seen anything—no patrols, no learning, no healing getting done—we're gonna have big problems. I didn't give you both these positions just to watch you sit around on your asses all day, 'n I'm not opposed to completely disregarding whatever StarClan tells me if I feel like it. You're in charge of keepin' my Clan healthy. Understand so far?"
Old June 9th, 2023, 05:28 AM

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud shifted slightly so that her body would be fully facing Bumblestar, although she sat near Springpaw's side, oddly enough finding comfort in the young she-cat's presence.

Bumblestar's rundown was fair–it made sense, and she kind of expected most of the things that she said. It was their job to heal their clanmates and take care of the herb storage, make sure that things were in order. Her main concern was learning how to be an effective Medicine Cat, and how she was going to pass that knowledge down to Springpaw. She supposed that she'd have to start reaching out for help.

"Yes, we understand."
Drizzlecloud nodded, offering their leader a reassuring smile.

Old June 9th, 2023, 05:36 AM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •
long-furred, oriental-shaped, gray-and-orange calico molly with blue eyes; torn right ear

Springpaw felt a little bit relieved that Bumblestar didn’t want her to call her ma’am, however, her muscles were still tensed as her tail was tightly curled around herself. Her ears took in Bumblestar’s words, slowly nodding her head along with each of them. Of course they were going to need to learn how to heal the sick and weak and get settled in, Springpaw was well aware of that. However, she couldn’t help but feel a question wonder in the further depths of her mind, causing her brows to furrow slightly as she tilted her head.

“Well… B-Bumblestar, I know that Roseraven had been a medicine cat before and we could use her knowledge, but could we possibly go to the other clans to learn more about how to heal the sick and weak as well? In case Roseraven doesn’t know about all the properties and knowledge of herbs?” Springpaw questioned, confidence leaning into her voice. She felt like that was well-needed, and honestly? It was. Springpaw didn’t know how to properly handle herself if her confidence just constantly went down-hill.

@dino. @Omari

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.

Last edited by iliri; June 9th, 2023 at 05:38 AM.
Old June 12th, 2023, 10:14 PM
roar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omari View Post
Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud shifted slightly so that her body would be fully facing Bumblestar, although she sat near Springpaw's side, oddly enough finding comfort in the young she-cat's presence.

Bumblestar's rundown was fair–it made sense, and she kind of expected most of the things that she said. It was their job to heal their clanmates and take care of the herb storage, make sure that things were in order. Her main concern was learning how to be an effective Medicine Cat, and how she was going to pass that knowledge down to Springpaw. She supposed that she'd have to start reaching out for help.

"Yes, we understand."
Drizzlecloud nodded, offering their leader a reassuring smile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares View Post
• Springpaw •

Springpaw felt a little bit relieved that Bumblestar didn’t want her to call her ma’am, however, her muscles were still tensed as her tail was tightly curled around herself. Her ears took in Bumblestar’s words, slowly nodding her head along with each of them. Of course they were going to need to learn how to heal the sick and weak and get settled in, Springpaw was well aware of that. However, she couldn’t help but feel a question wonder in the further depths of her mind, causing her brows to furrow slightly as she tilted her head.

“Well… B-Bumblestar, I know that Roseraven had been a medicine cat before and we could use her knowledge, but could we possibly go to the other clans to learn more about how to heal the sick and weak as well? In case Roseraven doesn’t know about all the properties and knowledge of herbs?” Springpaw questioned, confidence leaning into her voice. She felt like that was well-needed, and honestly? It was. Springpaw didn’t know how to properly handle herself if her confidence just constantly went down-hill.

@dino. @Omari
Bumblestar's attention darted to Springpaw as she she-cat spoke up. "That'd be preferred, yeah. See what Roseraven knows first, then try the other medicine cats. WindClan is the least of our worries right now, so it might be smarter to go there first. Of course..."

She trailed off for a moment, debating. "I've picked up a couple of things, too, so after I'm done here, if you two want some learning right off the bat's wing, I'm more than open."

Now, to another point she wanted to make. She returned her gaze to Drizzlecloud. "I didn't reassign Ospreypaw during the meeting again 'cause I wanted to see what you thought of this before makin' any decisions, but if you wanted to keep doing warrior duties—trainin' apprentices, participating in battles, that kinda thing—while you're doing this, that's fine by me. If not, that's fine, too; it's up to you. Just let me know what you wanna do, and I handle Ospreypaw if I need to."

Last edited by dino.; June 12th, 2023 at 10:15 PM.
Old June 13th, 2023, 08:18 AM

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Figures, Drizzlecloud thought. Roseraven would certainly be their first cat to go to. She personally didn’t hold any awful opinions about her–she didn’t have any right to. Sure, be careful and all, she knew that, but she didn’t really have any rough opinions on the molly in question.

“Really?” Drizzlecloud blurted out, leaning forward with slightly wide eyes. After a couple of awkward blinks, she sat up straight, fixing her posture. “Sorry, ehm–I just really want to jump on learning as much as we possibly can as soon as possible.”

Ah, right, Ospreypaw. The excitement of her new rank and all of the responsibilities that came with it made her forget about Ospreypaw’s mentor reassignment–that mentor being her. Although she would certainly be busy with getting accustomed to her new role in the clan, along with also trying to find ways to teach Springpaw about this new job of theirs, she was certain that she’d have enough time to train Ospreypaw as well. If she couldn’t though, she’d just go to Bumblestar, like she said. “I’d like to give it a shot, first. I wouldn’t want to shoot down the opportunity of training another warrior without at least trying to first.”

[@ares - Springpaw , @dino. - Bumblestar ]

Old June 13th, 2023, 12:16 PM
chasing away dreams

• Springpaw •

Springpaw slowly nodded her head to Bumblestar’s explanation as her straining muscles loosened themselves. Okay, since they had the rights to go to different clans to learn about herbs, it shouldn’t be that big of a deal, right? Of course, with Bumblestar’s input for that WindClan was a safer option first, Springpaw quickly implanted the thought in the back of her mind. Going to WindClan would be one of her first options after they have spoken with Roseraven. Her eyes darted towards Drizzlecloud from her mentors’ reaction of Bumblestar offering to teach them a couple of things that she had learned. Springpaw stayed silent for the most part, partaking in a small, brief smile as she glanced up at the leader.

“I wouldn’t mind being taught what you know,” she explained, waving a paw slightly, “It might be something valuable for us to know and it’ll help us get started.” A small bit of her felt a little bit awkward from her mentioning that the information could be valuable. As, obviously, it will be. Every bit of information on for them to learn how to heal their clan-mates would be just as useful as the rest.

@dino. @Omari

Old June 18th, 2023, 04:11 PM
roar

[ @Omari @ares ]

Bumblestar snorted in amusement at Drizzlecloud's surprise. Was it really so hard to believe she had done some dabbling of her own? She'd spent enough time in the old den to pick up on a few things, anyway. "Yes, really. And, good—if it gets to be too much on you, let me know and you can stick with just the healing stuff."

She gave Springpaw a nod. At least they seemed to be on-board with it and willing to learn right from the get-go. That gave her a good feeling. She moved to the herb storage to nose around for a moment, and carefully pulled out two heads of marigold, making sure not to damage them. The last thing they needed right now was to lose perfectly good herbs due to carelessness.

"I'm sure you know the basics, like poppyseeds and cobwebs," she started as she set the plants down, "and I'm sure you know about deathberries, so I won't be going over those. But to start off, this is marigold. I learned about this from Sundust. You can find it near sources of water—think Sunkissed Creek—and you can use it to treat infections if you chew it into a paste and spread it onto an injury."

She nudged the two plants close to the others, letting them get a better look before moving on.

"We don't have these, so I can't give you a visual, but ragweed, burdock root, and mushrooms. Bear with me for a second.

"Ragweed kinda looks like ferns, but it's a little pointier. If you eat it, it's a strength- and energy-booster. Good for giving cats a pick-me-up if they're too weak to get going by themselves.

"Burdock root is attached to these tall-growing thistles. The thistle itself is usually purple, and it's got these dark green leaves. Smells and tastes bitter. You can dig the roots up and chew 'em into a paste to apply to rat bites to help those heal. Make sure you wash it off first, don't want dirt getting into anything and makin' it worse.

"Lastly, mushrooms. These are a little different. A lot of 'em don't look the same, but you can tell that they're poisonous if they glow at night, so I suggest you only go looking when it's dark out to avoid grabbing something that's gonna kill you. If you eat these, you die. You can use 'em to give someone an easy out if they aren't gonna make it and you don't have deathberries on paw, or to take care of someone causing more trouble than they're worth. They're subtle, too. Not likely to be noticed, unlike deathberries, so if you really need to get rid of someone... go the mushrooms route."

She poked a claw into the dirt and glanced the pair over. "You got all that?"
Old June 20th, 2023, 05:51 PM

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

Drizzlecloud’s eyes trailed after Bumblestar as she made her way over to the herb storage, and once she returned, she had two flowers with yellow petals with her.

The blue-grey spotted tabby nodded her head. The basics, of course, they knew that much. ‘Don’t eat deathberries’ was practically one of the first things she was taught as a kitten, curious as she was and without being able to completely depend on sound alone, as a kitten she often resorted to the sense of touch alone and… Unfortunately, that included ingesting a lot of things that she probably shouldn’t have.

“Marigold, treats infections…” She repeated softly, more-so to herself, even though she couldn’t even hear her own voice when she spoke so quietly. Drizzlecloud dipped her head, nosing at the marigold and gently sniffing at it, just to try and get used to it’s scent, and hopefully commit it to memory.

With Bumblestar’s next explanations concerning ragweed, burdock root, and mushrooms, Drizzlecloud tried to imagine the herbs in question in her own mind. It… Probably wasn’t the most spot on image, she thought to herself, but she had the verbalized characteristics of these herbs memorized, so certainly she’d be able to find them! Her eyes drifted over to Springpaw for a moment before she looked back to Bumblestar. Perhaps, after this, she and Springpaw could take a quick run out into the clan’s territory to try to actually find these herbs. There would be no harm in it, right?

“Mhm, got it.” Drizzlecloud nodded her head as she returned her full attention to Bumblestar. “Thank you for starting us off. Confidently speaking for the both of us, we appreciate this.” She offered her leader a smile, hoping that the simple act would aid her in expressing her thanks.