Last post by Rani
Today 12:40 AM

Old June 28th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Falling In

My Mood: Thirsty

Default Re: Chatbox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftheart View Post
Sup peeps how are y'all doing?what are ya talking about?
(Lazy chatting skills right now.Don't care about grammer)
Hi
Old June 28th, 2017, 05:06 PM

My Mood: Bored

I hate when nobody post anything in the site.

Please take them • If you want to contact me, please do it on discord
Old June 28th, 2017, 11:23 PM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWarrior4Life View Post
I mean, I would offer to help but...I guess that's kind of your responsibility and you have to handle it yourself...

But even as a normal member I still feel pressure to post really long, literate...(what I call) good posts...especially if I'm RPing with some of the older popular members...I guess In a way I feel like I have to fit in to get somewhere around here or be a certain way...be better...be really good at things...but I never get to improve on my RPing skills because I never get to RP with more experienced members I usually RP with people on the same-ish boat as me or newer members...I mean and there's nothing wrong with newer less experienced members it's just that if I don't have longer posts to go off of or no example to copy and improve myself on then I'm gonna struggle...when RPing with HRs or longer RPers I like to try and keep up with them and type as many lines as they do so then that forces me to be creative and descriptive and think of more things to say...

Don't force yourself to post as much, but always try to improve and become confident in your roleplay! Setting this positive example for newer/less-experienced members will help create a healthy environment and make them more confident as well.

I think the problem is people viewing these users as "popular" and of course in the literal sense they are popular, but by no means should you be intimidated to roleplay with them (although I find myself getting intimidated sometimes as well ^^; )! Most of them don't bite, just nibble c; Really though, all the HR/older members are super friendly and accommodating. Fitting in with a specific group will be your downfall, trust me, I tried when I first joined. Forcing yourself into a group that you are not a part of is super uncomfortable and honestly, just be yourself and the pieces will fall in place in time. You will also be your best and worst critic. Challenge yourself to improve! If you're roleplaying with a partner who doesn't give a lot of detail take it upon yourself to add it in. Visualize your setting, what your character is doing, their thoughts and reactions or actions to weather and nature or other characters. Keep in mind that sometimes too much detail can be just as bad as too little. It is possible to improve yourself even if you aren't necessarily roleplaying with an experienced member. Think of it this way as well, by adding this detail to your posts and becoming more confident in your roleplay, you are setting a positive and healthy example with the other person you're roleplaying with ^^.

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; June 28th, 2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old June 29th, 2017, 02:03 AM
Falling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post

Don't force yourself to post as much, but always try to improve and become confident in your roleplay! Setting this positive example for newer/less-experienced members will help create a healthy environment and make them more confident as well.

I think the problem is people viewing these users as "popular" and of course in the literal sense they are popular, but by no means should you be intimidated to roleplay with them (although I find myself getting intimidated sometimes as well ^^; )! Most of them don't bite, just nibble c; Really though, all the HR/older members are super friendly and accommodating. Fitting in with a specific group will be your downfall, trust me, I tried when I first joined. Forcing yourself into a group that you are not a part of is super uncomfortable and honestly, just be yourself and the pieces will fall in place in time. You will also be your best and worst critic. Challenge yourself to improve! If you're roleplaying with a partner who doesn't give a lot of detail take it upon yourself to add it in. Visualize your setting, what your character is doing, their thoughts and reactions or actions to weather and nature or other characters. Keep in mind that sometimes too much detail can be just as bad as too little. It is possible to improve yourself even if you aren't necessarily roleplaying with an experienced member. Think of it this way as well, by adding this detail to your posts and becoming more confident in your roleplay, you are setting a positive and healthy example with the other person you're roleplaying with ^^.
Thing is though...I've noticed a lot of HRs barely post and some don't even come online everyday...they're PPD is usually at like 4.3 but I wanna change that...I am online every single day and while I don't post that much anymore (cause I'm not getting any replies) I want to have my PPD be much much higher than that...I'd be all over the main RPs if I was a HR but whatever people have their own opinions...
Old June 29th, 2017, 02:12 AM
Mama Dust

Bump Policy: 12-24 hours!
My Mood: Relaxed

Quote:
Thing is though...I've noticed a lot of HRs barely post and some don't even come online everyday...they're PPD is usually at like 4.3 but I wanna change that...I am online every single day and while I don't post that much anymore (cause I'm not getting any replies) I want to have my PPD be much much higher than that...I'd be all over the main RPs if I was a HR but whatever people have their own opinions...
A lot of the HR's deal with personal life, but also post within the required post limit. Being online and posting everyday isn't the only way to earn a HR, but being involved with the community, being friendly, and various other factors come into play as well. Having a high rank can be very stressful, I'm sure most HR's can attest to this, and sometimes they just need to take a break and roleplay a different character which is understandable as I imagine a lot of people want to roleplay with HR's because they're HR's. Regardless, rather than worrying about getting a high rank, work on improving your typing style or post format! Confidence is key, don't let one failure drag you down, but rather learn from it ^^

Cherryswirl | Go With The Flow [Active]

CharactersArt ShopDeviantart

Last edited by Dust; June 29th, 2017 at 02:12 AM.
Old June 29th, 2017, 02:36 AM

My Mood: Asleep

Language is scary when over-analysed
Every word that I say seems far too contrived
What are your intentions? I'm ashamed by mine
When I'm thinking too much I realise I'm unkind

Pretend that I'm nicer than I'll ever be
I'm selfish and deluded, enjoy my hypocrisy
Complain that I'm bored, when being bored is a privilege
Act like I'm suffering, there's no suffering in this

First world problems, they breed in my head
Ethical contradictions between my actions and what I've said
I should just shut my mouth as evidence piles against me
That I am so much worse than I think, exposed as a phoney

I am -, I am -
Nah nah nuh nuh - -
I am -, I am -
Nah nah nuh nuh nuh nuh

Love this song
Old June 29th, 2017, 09:44 AM
led into temptation

May I hop in?
It is hard to try and roleplay with Highranks and popular people, and most members get scared. I do, and every time I want to roleplay with someone I have a panic attack and freak out before even sending a PM. But they are really nice, -So I'm not even sure why I freak out-
But if you want
@NightWarrior4Life
I have a idea
If you want, I could roleplay with you sometime. And since I am trying to expand my post as well, it might be a good idea to roleplay with someone of the same goal. That way you can get used to doing it with a -not as popular- Member and get used to writing long post. And you don't have to worry about typos, grammer and other mistakes.
And if you don't want to do that, {Which is 100 percent fine ^^} Writing stories about my characters helps me more.
Old June 29th, 2017, 09:46 AM
Falling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathos View Post
lololol im not an old member nor am i popular
also fennelnose is being retired and i'm quitting the site when they do so that's a big reason why i'm not active. im waiting for the shc/rc plot to take place to kill them off
i doubt that you were indirecting me but its nearly 3 am and im bored
Nah I wasn't really referring to you at all...
Old June 29th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Falling In

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonfur View Post
May I hop in?
It is hard to try and roleplay with Highranks and popular people, and most members get scared. I do, and every time I want to roleplay with someone I have a panic attack and freak out before even sending a PM. But they are really nice, -So I'm not even sure why I freak out-
But if you want
@NightWarrior4Life
I have a idea
If you want, I could roleplay with you sometime. And since I am trying to expand my post as well, it might be a good idea to roleplay with someone of the same goal. That way you can get used to doing it with a -not as popular- Member and get used to writing long post. And you don't have to worry about typos, grammer and other mistakes.
And if you don't want to do that, {Which is 100 percent fine ^^} Writing stories about my characters helps me more.
Okay...thanks
Old June 29th, 2017, 09:49 AM
led into temptation

Quote:
Okay...thanks
From a Personal stories work best for me, but the roleplaying does work also because you don't have to worry about to many cats. ^ ^