Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Main Warriors Roleplay > The Starcave

Notice
Please read our Content Policy Update!

Interested in joining the staff team? Look here!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
WindClan Apprentices' Den
by Ian
Last post by Kaybug.
Today 09:12 AM
RiverClan Elders' Den
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 09:11 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Yoshdo
Today 08:58 AM
Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by blxze.
Today 08:48 AM
Design Competition!
Last post by Minkuu
Today 08:40 AM

Old November 10th, 2020, 02:52 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: The Starcave

Watching the wave of cats come and go like the ebbing tide was an unreal experience to Lionsta--orm. It left him wondering if this was how it was for Fallenstream, though it must have been a little different since his lives weren't ripped out of him.

Lionstar -- Lionstorm didn't even have all of them and it hurt like hell.

He made a point of ignoring the specifics of the cats who came and went, his stomach twisting in mild anxiety. Was this the right choice? Maybe he should disrupt the ceremony, reclaim some of his lives - RiverClan still needed him, the lack of power was maddening, he needed--

And then it was his turn, and Lionstorm let out a ragged breath he hadn't realized he'd been holding. "Sootflare.."

What could he give him? Most of the lives were bland, boring, classless. They'd make for a tasteless leadership. But that did give an idea as he pressed his muzzle against Sootflare's forehead.

"As we speak, the world around us is changing and shifting. Our allies and enemies today may not be so tomorrow, and the Clan that follows us may turn on us in a heartbeat. Chaos is always waiting around the corner, and you need to be prepared to handle this disorder as it comes.

"The life I grant you is CONTROL. The world around you may be set ablaze, but you will be one with the flames. Work with the fire, and you can control it. Turn it upon your enemies and watch them be consumed."

His mind went to ShadowClan, on both the fires he set upon them. The singed forest and the demolished barn. The distant screams as cats escaped the blaze. Both raids they successfully won against them, beating back the scum and making it difficult for them to recover.

All the times he exiled or killed a cat to remain in control of the situation. To prevent something from getting much, much worse. Lionstar loved chaos, but most importantly - he loved being the one to make it happen. He didn't like it forced upon himself.

Would Sootflare see this? He didn't know.

"You are responsible now for the well-being of our Clan, and you need to be the one to keep it together. You will have help, but ultimately everything that happens is your call. Loosen your grip, and you will be met with madness."

Lionstorm stepped back, doing his best to not sag after the burst of energy that transferred between them. He rested his burning gaze on his former deputy. "I hail you by your new name, Sootstar." He couldn't remember all the words but it didn't matter. "You have been granted the guardianship of RiverClan, and I trust you will defend and rule our Clan with pride and dignity."

Already, the world around them was beginning to fade. "It is time for us to return home." Whether Sootstar wanted to address the Clan himself or have Lionstorm do it was up to him.

[ @wnder ]
Old November 10th, 2020, 03:49 PM
here

Bump Policy: every 3 days
My Mood: Sleepy

Sootflare

The last life was the worst of all. The pain that wracked his body felt like it was going to tear him apart - but he forced himself to stand tall and keep the smile on his face. He was going to be strong for this one. Push through it. For Lion. For himself. For every screw-up and every moment of doubt.

Sootflare hung onto every word. Focusing on Lionstorm's face and what he was saying was the only thing keeping him from crumpling to the ground. To say this was the end of an era felt too... final. But perhaps it was right. The time of Lionstar was over and it was time for someone new to step forward.

Control.

Self-control, discipline - whatever you wanted to call it. That was what stood between him and the dirt.

Guardianship of RiverClan was.. a lot, to be frank, but he would do his best. Anything less than would be a failure and a disgrace to his new rank.

Lionstorm tried to step back and put some distance between them but Sootstar followed, half-collapsing into the warrior's should and pressing himself into his fur.

"Sorry, bud," he meowed with a shaky laugh, "This was a little harder than I thought it would be. I'm... glad we could do it together."

Sootstar.

Was it really real?

He would soon wake up in the StarCave and have it all confirmed but, for now, he relished the moments as they faded. The closeness, the warmth. He needed it right now.

[ @BILL. ]

Last edited by duckie; November 10th, 2020 at 05:26 PM.
Old November 10th, 2020, 06:24 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days

"I wouldn't have it any other way." Though his pelt itched with mild discomfort at being touched - when was the last time he really had physical contact with anyone? Lionstorm took a moment to savor the warmth as the world around them melted into nothingness.

He came to on the floor of the Starcave, blinded momentarily by the glow of the crystal, and he shook his head as he glanced away toward Sootstar's crumpled form. The entire ordeal had him feeling sore and tired, but their journey wasn't over yet. "Hey, Sootstar. We should head back before it gets too late."

There was a meeting to call.. and a Clan to address.

[ @wnder ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old November 10th, 2020, 06:54 PM
here

Bump Policy: every 3 days

Sootstar

Dragging himself up from the dirt and rock, Sootstar barely registered that he was being addressed. Every inch of his body ached and he was eager to get home and collapse in the warrio-... Right.

He wouldn't be sleeping there anymore. He would have his own den now. Alone.

"Right." he grunted, shaking some of the loose soil out of his pelt. There was still a clan to get back to, "Lead th-... Actually, nevermind." Apparently the dirt in his fur wasn't the only thing that needed shaking out. This was going to take a while to get used to. Taking the lead, Sootstar set his sights on home.

[ @BILL. ]
Old November 12th, 2020, 03:53 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

[ @Rainquail; @:Grimmlin:; @elysian; @Siren Bliss; @Rani; ]

Frostbreeze padded into the cave and was surprised to realize she wasn’t late. She saw Ebonyfang and dipped her head,” Bonylame. Is Tulipfire or whatever her name getting too old to come?” she teased giving a lash of her tail. She was referring to Irisflame.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old November 25th, 2020, 09:52 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive

// @Rani @:Grimmlin: @Zesty Mango @Rainquail @Siren Bliss — quick note for rani n grimm, snail’s got asthma, so the hill probably won’t be as bad for your characters (:
Snailswirl
________

Well, it took just about forever and a day, but the tabby found themself facing that stupid hill again. "The Cave’s just up this hill. Warning in advance: it’s pretty damn steep." They had dropped some formality due to the sheer prescience of this massive hill, and the toll it would ultimately take on their breathing. Nevertheless, they began to climb. As their pawsteps slowed and their breaths quickened, Snailswirl found themself struggling for air. But they were so close.... so close...! With a gasp and a flop, they reached the peak. Hoping and praying the newbies were still behind them, they took a few moments... seconds..., okay, maybe a minute to catch their breath. WHEW. "Just i... in here. Follow... me." It felt embarrassing to dread that stupid hill and to nearly be bested by it, but they couldn’t control their breathing. Unfortunately. Falling into a familiar path, they nearly ran smack dab into... great. "Hey there..., Frostbreeze. Ebonyfang. And... where’s Irisflame?" green eyes rounded in concern.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old November 26th, 2020, 09:28 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol

It would probably be more polite for the apprentice to wait for the full medicine cats to go before entering the starcave but the kid was too excited to wait. So by the time that poor Snailswirl was halfway up the hill and defiantly before they could react he’d hot footed it to the top and peaked his narrow head over to peer into the cave. And spotting Frostbreeze and Ebonyfang hesitated and promptly turned around again. He didn’t mind Ebonyfang much, slowly and steadily warming to the only other tom of the group despite his suspicion but even Ebonyfangs company wasn’t enough to make him want to withstand the breeze head without a sufficient buffer. So he turned and headed down the hill again to easily catch up with Sparrowskip and mutter “Shadowclan and thunderclan are already here.” Sticking close to his mentor to postpone the inevitable until they crested the hill. He did however shoot a concerned glance between Sparrowskip and the gasping older cat when the windclan cat collapsed for breath for a bit.

“Hello again. Nice seeing you Ebonyfang. Frostlady.” He kept his greeting short but still as full of snark as usual before softening his questions to Snailswirl “So what’s the deal with this place? We can talk with the dead or something? How does that even work?” He did try his best to keep the scepticism from his voice and ask as respectfully as possible but it was rather hard. He never believed in starclan or even thought much on it and the idea of such mystical power like the ability to communicate to those long gone seemed.... fantastical at best, horrible manipulation or delusion at worst.

@:Grimmlin: @elysian @Zesty Mango @Rainquail @Xmas Bliss

Last edited by Rani; November 26th, 2020 at 10:45 PM.
Old November 30th, 2020, 09:19 PM
eternally tired

Sparrowskip wondered why it was so much trouble for Snailswirl to get up the hill compared to him and Snakepaw. But he figured it be a bit rude to ask so he kept his maw shut. He was glad to see the familiar faces of the medicine cats. Even if he'd only pet them once. He corrected Snakepaws... name for Frostbreeze. In a stern but very quiet voice. "Hi Ebonyfang! Nice to see you too Frostbreeze." He made sure to give a thankful nod to Snailswirl before he sat down with the other medicine cats. @Rani @elysian @Zesty Mango @Siren Bliss
|| ʚcharacter siteɞ ||

Old December 2nd, 2020, 06:04 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

@:Grimmlin: @Rani @elysian @Xmas Bliss

Frostbreeze flicked her tail to Snakepaw, I guess I can perform the ceremony before we speak to Starclan...since I am the best medicine cat.” she offered. She could care less that Ebonyfang was the one suppose to perform the ceremony, since they were the senior medicine cat, and Snakepaw’s mentor also needed to be accepted by Starclan.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old December 2nd, 2020, 06:27 PM
Engine engine number nine

[ @Zesty Mango; @:Grimmlin:; @Rani; ]

Ebonyfang looked at all the medicine cats as they arrived. He was ready to get this started and as the senior medicine cat he would give the ceremonies. He was just about to say something when Frostbreeze said she would. He began to grow inpatient. "You ain't doing any of that. The last time I checked I was the senior medicine cat here. I give the ceremonies.", he snapped. Ebonyfang looked at the two Riverclan medicine cats. "Sparrowskip and Snakepaw step towards the cave. Once we're inside I will start your ceremony.", he meowed, flashing a look at Frostbreeze. Teh shadowclan medicine cat waited for the two to go inside.

Marigoldleap is a pretty active Riverclan warrior and I really want her to be as active as possible, so if there is ever a plot Idea and you need an extra cat feel free to reach out to me. Her and me would love to have something to do