Today 04:34 AM
Sharpening the Rook
Last post by alec
Today 04:31 AM
Learning from the Best [...
Last post by alec
Today 04:16 AM

Old May 27th, 2024, 05:09 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Default Re: Smallpines

Fortunately, the exact cat Fadingsun was hoping to meet with dropped in not long after they arrived. He was expecting hostility; they deserved it, frankly, considering how their Clan had acted over the past several seasons.

Bowing his head in greeting, he curled his tail around his paws. "We have some news to share with you. Dusklion was at Seastones when she was approached by one of ShadowClan's Enforcers, and one of your own cats. Your warrior and ShadowClan's had a bit of a verbal scrap, and in the process the Enforcer revealed some interesting info we think you ought to know.

"It seems that WindClan and ShadowClan have struck up some kind of alliance. ShadowClan's warrior also mentioned that ShadowClan had plans to invade your camp and destroy your herb supply, with WindClan's aid. Dawnstar decided to postpone those plans, which that Enforcer was dissatsfied with."

He paused. "Given this news, and given Twilightstar's threats toward RiverClan during the Gathering, I think it's fair for me to assume that WindClan may very well seek ShadowClan's aid in this coming war against RiverClan. So, I've come here with an offer."

Fadingsun took a deep breath. Here went nothing.

"I'd like to request an alliance between RiverClan and ThunderClan. Now, before you jump, I know that striking up an alliance with us is likely the last thing on your mind. Our Clan has acted very poorly over the past several seasons, and we certainly don't deserve anyone's forgiveness. I want to apologize for what we've done to ThunderClan; the choices our cats made in the past were wrong, plain and simple." He meant the apology genuinely; he knew it wasn't a lot, but he felt like he ought to say it.

"Dusklion and I are trying as hard as we can to fix RiverClan. It's a slow process, but we are really trying. We want to fix things, as much as some of our warriors continue to act like morons. We've been working to weed out the problematic among us, but like I said, it takes time. Nonetheless, we want to prove that we aren't our ancestors, that we aren't going to act ruthlessly and stupidly toward the other Clans.

"I know that all of these words aren't going to be enough, and that's why I have more to offer in exchange for an alliance. RiverClan will help you with any problem you encounter with WindClan and ShadowClan- an invasion, an attempt to destroy herbs, anything. We're there. I'll bring as many warriors as you need. In addition, ThunderClan may take Haven Springs and Cattail Pond for themselves. We've cleared Cattail Pond of the badgers, so it should be safe to re-claim. I'll even meet you there myself if you don't believe me. You also have my promise that, for as long as this alliance persists, RiverClan will not make any attempt to attack ThunderClan or take their land. Not Firefly Cove, not taking Haven Springs or Cattail Pond back, any of it. Finally, you may request one favor, whatever you want, from RiverClan. All we ask for in exchange is ThunderClan's alliance and help in this coming war."

He was very uncertain whether Bumblestar would even consider what he was saying, but he hoped so. ThunderClan would likely have a hard time fighting off two Clans at once, at least without sustaining heavy casualties. RiverClan could give them the assurance they needed that they at least could maintain their home, in addition to other things. Plus, ThunderClan's help could be a saving grace for RiverClan right now. He glanced at Dusklion, in case she had anything to add.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.

Last edited by occultation; May 27th, 2024 at 05:11 PM.
Old May 27th, 2024, 05:25 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 28 moons
There wasn't much time for her brother to respond much to her question before a cat dropped from the trees above them. Startled Dusklion's fur fluffed up, eyes wide for a moment before recognizing Bumblestar. The deputy gave a cough and flattened her fur, ears hot with embarrassment. After a moment or two she perked back up and listened as her brother explained.

"Not sure what the Enforcer's name was, or that of your ThunderClan warrior, but she was about to throw claws with said ShadowClan Enforcer if that Wolf of yours hadn't showed up." Dusklion didn't know the rest of the cats name, but figured that would be close enough to pinpoint who she was talking about. "We can't fix or change what's been done in the past, but we can work to correct it - which we have been doin'. You of all cats should know what it's like to bring a Clan back up from the ground." While she didn't know the details surrounding everything, she'd heard stories of ThunderClan chaos before the stability they had now.

She nodded along with her brother as he listed out the terms of asking for an alliance. She couldn't tell what the ThunderClan leader was thinking, despite watching for any signs of it. "...To echo Fades, I know we're not your favorite Clan by a long shot, 'n I know after what Twilightstar accused me of at the gatherin' that I'm probably on your long list of cats you wouldn't mind usin' to file your claws on. Yeah, I did kill Fallownose, I won't hide it. But I did it 'cause he was bein' aggressive on our border, 'n lookin' like he was gonna cross. 'N after he lead the charge to attack us, bruised 'n battered 'n stranded in Rugged Range after our battle with you where Beansprout was killed, 'n after the flood destroyed our home... can't say I regret doin' it. I'll do whatever it takes to protect RiverClan, which I'm sure is a sentiment you can understand." She knew passion and drive to fix a Clan when she saw it - and she saw that in Bumblestar.

Now all that was left to do was wait. Her heart was whispering it would be a know, but she would wait nonetheless.

[ Fadingsun - @occultation ] [ Bumblestar - @dino. ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old May 27th, 2024, 06:12 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Wow. Wow. Oh, this was rich. Whatever satisfaction Bumblestar felt at scaring Dusklion out of her fur was quickly swept away by the information thrown at her in rapid succession.

First of all - one of her warriors picking fights at the Seastones. Given the fish deputy's words, she guessed Wolfhive must have been involved in breaking that up. She'd have to go asking around later and see who needed to have their ears boxed for trying to start things with their temporary allies.

Second - a WindClan and ShadowClan alliance. Wolfhive had mentioned that to her, as well as an apparent planned attack that had been forgone in favor of something else. Bumblestar's eyes narrowed. That first bit she could believe; her son had already brought up his suspicions, and she had her own, and maybe they had been justified, however small they were. It was the bit about the attack that had her on edge. Was RiverClan aware of the planned exile, and if so, how was she supposed to know this wasn't just some mind trick to throw her off?

No matter. Regardless of its truth, she'd handle it.

But third, and finally - oh, the stars must have been playing a joke on her. She stared across the river at Fadingsun, the words he spoke lodging themselves in her brain and replaying once or twice. An alliance. They were asking ThunderClan. Asking her. She knew they'd lost the plot a long time ago, but this? This was richer than she could even imagine. She couldn't stop the grin that split her muzzle, nor could she squash the mocking, cruel bark of laughter that erupted from her jaws and echoed off the surging water that split their border.

"An alliance? With you?" Her smile turned vicious, and the next words off her tongue were tinged with a snarl. "For seasons, your Clan's been responsible for terrorizing mine. You've poisoned us, butchered us, ravaged our lands, 'n stolen our kin 'n then left 'em to die all because you thought you had the rights to! So now that we've shown you we're not a Clan to be reckoned with, now that we've dragged you through the mud 'n forced you to quit, you turn your torment on WindClan. But as soon as you catch a whiff of long-deserved consequences, you come runnin' to us? I knew you were arrogant, but this is a whole new low." How satisfyingly ironic.

Bumblestar's sharp grin morphed into a snarl. "The attempt to sweet-talk me with sentiments is pathetic. I don't care how hard your workin' to restore your Clan, or how hard you're trying too prove yourselves different, 'cause you're not. You can take that offer 'n shove it." She raked her stare over both cats and took a single step forward, cold water lapping at her claws as they sank into sand. "Get the hell away from my border before I put the both of you down like I did Beansprout."

It would be far too easy to split the both of them open and leave them to rot in their river. She would take morbid gratification in every drop of blood that stained the water.

[ @occultation @taillow ]
Old May 27th, 2024, 09:28 PM

Status: may have forgotten some rps so please bump me if needed!
Bump Policy: Two days time sensitive / five days all other
My Mood: Thinking

Fadingsun hadn't been expecting this to work. It was growing frustrating, however, how much the other Clans insisted on giving RiverClan no recognition for the effort they were trying to make.

It didn't matter. If Bumblestar wanted to leave them to die at the claws of WindClan and ShadowClan, Fadingsun would happily give them the same treatment if they were ever ganged up on the other Clans.

"Very well," he said coolly. Nodding to Dusklion, he added, "Let's get out of here."

With that, he padded away from the border, not sparing Bumblestar another look.
Fadingsun is currently RiverClan's leader. He has an open den policy. If you have any questions or concerns about RiverClan, or any plots to propose, feel free to leave me a VM or DM! Please do not take my characters' IC opinions as reflective of my own.
Old May 27th, 2024, 11:02 PM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

DUSKLION
she/her | riverclan deputy | 28 moons
None of it mattered. As Dusklion blinked at the growing grin, then at the barking laughter that left Bumblestar, she felt her heart plummet to her paws. She had tried really hard to ignore it, but the fact of the matter was that in the eyes of the other Clans, RiverClan... wasn't one anymore. Wasn't worth helping. Wasn't worth believing. Wasn't worth... anything. How had it gotten to this point? She knew, of course, but it still hurt all the same.

Staring at Bumblestar with wide eyes - was that... a bit of fear in their blue depths? - Dusklion parted her jaws to fight back. To retort that ThunderClan themselves had been in this position before, that because of that the leader should know how it feels. Hot tears sprang to the corners of her eyes. Fadingsun was telling her to go, but no. She was sick of it.

"I am sick," she started, "'n tired," taking a step forward, "of every single starsdammned Clan in this starsdammned forest lookin' at us like we're no better than rogues!" Was this smart? Probably not. Tears fell from her cheeks now, her heart pumping heavily in her chest. Her emotions had their vice grip on her and she couldn't hold it back anymore. "Yeah, our Clan has sucked the last few moons, 'n yeah a few of them have started to stir up chaos. Never went punished. Wanna know why? Because none of our starsdammed leaders before us have ever thought about putting their starsdammed paws down about it!!" Chest heaving she gave a lash of her tail. "At least Fades 'n I are doin' somethin' about it! That cat that attacked your medicine cat? Gone. Exiled. A kill on sight order placed on her head should she ever show her vile face in our forest. The warrior, Cedarfrost, who had a paw in torturin' that WindClan apprentice? Gone. That cat that saw fit to poison your Clan? Gone. Gone. GONE. Don't you get it??? We're tryin', starsdammit! Why can't any cat see that??"

By now her sides were heaving and tears fell freely from her face. She hated this. She hated this more than anything.

She hated how the Clans saw them.
She hated how her Clanmates were mouse-brains.
She hated how ShadowClan and WindClan were ganging up on them.

But most of all... she hated that the home she loved so much, that she would die for, was falling apart, and was no better than a group of rogues.

"Whatever. You don't care. StarClan doesn't care! No one cares anymore! Is that it!? Must be!! Stars above, enjoy your high perch while you have it, Bumblestar! Because let me tell you one thing - whatever's thrown at us, whatever punishment's delivered, I hope you all enjoy deliverin' it. I hope it satiates your vile need for vengeance, takin' it out on cats who're tryin' to undo the trouble our past leadership has gotten us into. I hope the stars grant you the light to do it." By now she felt winded, out of breath as she glared at the ThunderClan leader. She was done with this. Whatever friendship had started out between them, it was gone (it hurt...). She didn't care for it or need it (but she did...). She would survive just fine at the gatherings by herself, like she always had, her entire life (...stars, why couldn't they see they were trying?)

With one last scoff the RiverClan deputy turned and trotted after her brother, not bothering to look back once. She was sure Fades would have words for her about her little outburst, but frankly? She didn't care. It felt good to let it out.

[ Fadingsun - @occultation ] [ Bumblestar - @dino. ]

dusklion is riverclan's deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resourcesriverclan apprentice trainingkit curriculum
| character siteabout meroleplay tracker |
Old May 27th, 2024, 11:33 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Uncouth, was what it was. Pathetic, sniveling behavior that made Bumblestar curl her lip in a vicious sneer. At least Fadingsun had the ability to mask his face and turn away. Dusklion's words only succeeded in lighting a fire in her stomach. "You wanna be treated like a Clan? Start actin' like one! I rebuilt ThunderClan from the ground up by protecting my borders 'n holding my cats accountable. I've worked with the others to make sure I keep our spot in this forest. All you lot've done is rot yours from the inside out! A few cats allowed to leave with their lives is a paltry consequence that spits in the face of all you've done!"

Pathetic. Bumblestar snapped her teeth as Dusklion turned to join her leader. The fish had done nothing to earn her respect, let alone her kindness. "You take 'n you take, 'n when you finally can't take anymore, you run to the cats you've taken from!" she spat after them. "I hope this war of yours leaves you to rot!" Dusklion was sick and tired of being treated like the very thing she was? Bumblestar was nauseated by the continuous attempts to get them to back the hell off. She hoped Twilightstar tore the deputy's throat out and Fadingsun disintegrated into nothingness so that not even the Dark Forest would find a scrap of spirit to claim. Oh, she hoped the stars gave her the power - she'd tear them apart from the inside out and turn them all to ash.

She stared them down until the vanished from her sight then turned with a lash of her tail and stalked away from the border. She needed something to tear limb from limb before she wandered back into camp and took her anger out on some innocent soul.

[ @occultation @taillow ]
Old May 28th, 2024, 10:00 AM
Frostfire

Bump Policy: during the weak days from 6 am to 3 pm :) depending if im on.
My Mood: Stressed

╔══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╗
King snowflake
╚══ ≪ °❈° ≫ ══╝

snowflake padded through the area, not sure what he was looking at, his eyes glazed over in pure tiredness, he sat down at the base of the brown stick he didn't know what it was...and he yawned, maybe he could rest here...his little red fabric on his neck was dirty and his golden little wrist bands were eaquly dirty as well. his eyes closed and he sighed, trying to let sleep take him. wild cats were scary and he knew now that maybe he was safe, the last thing he ate was this weird bird thing, it might have been a chicken leg but it wasn't tasty like his wet cat food. his fur was dirty too...he hadn't had a bath in weeks...so many weeks...where was he...
WindClan- N/A
StarClan- Echoheart, Spottedfur,
Dark forest- N/A
outskirts- adderkit-2M/tom, garfy-20M/she, king snowflake-10M/Tom