Today 06:10 PM

Old May 7th, 2024, 12:19 AM
as long as i breathe

Bump Policy: 3 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: Smallpines

REDHAWK
she/they | thunderclan hornet | 33 moons
Even with her own opinions on RiverClan, Redhawk wasn't naive to the torture her home had endured from them, and she nodded along with Wolfhive as he spoke. "T-They really aren't... I had held out hope they'll learn, but it feels like a f-fools dream at this point." She thought of ShadowClan, and how they had always antagonized ThunderClan too. She would never forgive them for what they had done to her sister, and RiverClan... well, her first memories of life were marred with them barging into her camp and slaughtering her Clanmates. It made her shiver as she peered across the border.

Hearing the splash her head turned in time with Wolf's own and immediately her claws slid out. Holding onto hope or not, Red knew better than to let her guard down near the border. Hackles raised she limped forward, letting her fellow hornet take the lead incase a fight did happen to break out. She still didn't know how to defend herself with her twisted paw.

"...I've never sss-seen anything like it." It was equal parts fascinating and nerve-racking, because it did strike some familiarity within her, but Redhawk couldn't place a name to the creature. It didn't look like much but the hornet took notice of the sharp claws that were dug into the fish it carried. Its fur seemed to glisten with water, like it had just been swimming. She limped a bit closer, hesitant to approach any further incase it proved dangerous.

[ Wolfhive - @BEAR. ]

dusklion is riverclan's current deputy; if you need her, mention me!
riverclan resources | riverclan apprentice training | kit curriculum
character site | about me | roleplay tracker | toyhouse
please don't mention or quote me at the floodstone! i read every post ♡

Last edited by taillow; May 7th, 2024 at 12:21 AM.
Old May 8th, 2024, 02:29 PM
He who dares, wins!

Bump Policy: 20 seconds
My Mood: Happy

Reedclaw silently and rapidly made his way out of camp, he couldn’t risk being spotted, especially with these new restrictions Fadingsun had brought in. But Reedclaw had been doing this for seasons without anyone noticing! He wasn’t some inexperienced kit, so the warrior was pretty confident he wouldn’t be caught. If he could hide this from even his own son Duskleaf, he could hide it from the rest of the clan. The love of his life and his daughter were just across the river, if he couldn’t see them, would his life mean anything? Getting closer to the ThunderClan border, his excitement rose, but he felt a pang of anxiety too. What if he was caught sneaking off? Even worse, what if ThunderClan found him. Would his family be at risk too? Although he pushed these thoughts to the back of his mind. Reedclaw took a look around, and there wasn’t a cat in sight, on either side of the border. He let out a sigh of relief before continuing. However he was not alone…

@redshiftreign

Duskleaf (RiverClan)

Snakefang (ThunderClan)

Uranium (Kittypet)
Old May 8th, 2024, 04:19 PM
death incarnate

Bump Policy: daily, please!
My Mood: Mysterious

[permission to kill was discussed beforehand] @steamrog

His paws brush against the grass and reeds, slow and methodical. Each step is calculated. For the better half of a moon, the judge had been stalking along after the pathetic little man, once white-and-black fur now ruddied with as much mud as would stick to his dense coat. This was planned for quite the while- from the moment he had heard of Duskleaf's father and his less than acceptable relationship, the sneaking off and covering his tracks. He had loathed him. And it. And all of it.

A line had been crossed. A rule had not been bent, it had been broken. Snapped, leaving fragments for others to pick up. Oh, Eveningthaw would pick it up.

He'd pick it up.

Hesitation. He saw it in his prey's eyes before he slunk closer to the border. Filth, fraternizing with Thunderclan scum. Without loyalty and allegiance, this fool held no use to Riverclan. Just a waste of a nest and prey.

He swiped his tongue over his teeth as he closed the distance, scent concealed with artful application of mud. Lowered, muscles tensed, he prepared his strike. All he needed was to land right, and move fast. This would be over in no time at all. Eveningthaw lunged forwards, shadow briefly eclipsing the sun and stretching long over Reedclaw. He gave the tom little time to react, his weight bearing down on his shoulders and slamming the smaller into the ground. In one swift movement, and with the crack of bones from the impact, he leant his head down and snapped his teeth down into his throat, crushing windpipe and arteries. Death was quick, not painless, but quick.

Eveningthaw was quick to pull himself off and make distance. He didn't want to linger, mud would only hide his scent for so long. Thankfully, Thunderclan scent markers were just a few paces away and were rather strong. Any remnant trace of him would be almost impossible to isolate among the stench of the self-righteous squirrels. Still, that wasn't good enough. Opting not to get soaked (heh, no thanks. he wasn't a big fan of the suffocating weight of wet fur), he instead navigated lowly along the border where the other scents were strongest for quite the ways until he could turn back into the territory a good distance away and make his way to the river. Though still far out in the territory, it wasn't the border anymore, and he was a plausable distance away from the crime. He supposed now was as good a time as any to preform his weekly ritual to keep his fur as silky and clean as it was, especially since he had planned accordingly. The mud was a happy coincidence. Just good fortune that it served two purposes.

After a very quick rinse in the shallows as to not get too soaked, he painstakingly groomed the remaining mud from his fur, tongue combing through each bunch until he was immaculately cleaned. Then, with little regard, the executioner steeled himself and crossed back into the territory he knew so keenly well, making sure to follow less walked paths and steer clear of any shrubby grounds or tall grasses that might catch fur or leave a stronger scent marker.
@stag @taillow @Ian. @Neptune.

Eveningthaw | Grousepaw | Cunningshrike | Cloversnap

"That's more motivation than I've ever heard from you. . . well, if you won't say it, I will. Good-bye, Zagreus."
Old May 9th, 2024, 09:01 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

CORMORANTPAW
she/her | riverclan apprentice | 15 moons
long-furred, smoky-black mackerel tabby with bits of white; yellow eyes
active purrks: prison break - t1 | primal instincts | skip the steps
[ @Marigoldwhisper (sorry for this taking so long and how crappy it is; it’s not the greatest of my responses!) ]

Smallpines wasn’t a place Cormorantpaw was vaguely familiar with, let alone visited. She never really held much interest in visiting the borders, especially after the whole occurrences at the Floodstone with the whole thing about the borders. Weren’t they not allowed to visit the borders unless they were being told to by patrols? It wasn’t like she could remember it clearly, her mind was already in enough shambles as it was. Owltalon wasn’t anyone she was familiar with, but she suspected that she held decent intentions of bringing her to a place where she wasn’t familiar with all the while. Calling the place beautiful was an understatement, but Cormorantpaw wasn’t one to argue. “I suppose it is,” she rumbled, glancing around the border before taking her focus back up toward Owltalon. “This is Smallpines, I’m assuming?”

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker

Last edited by iliri; May 10th, 2024 at 02:13 AM.
Old May 9th, 2024, 07:30 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliri View Post
CORMORANTPAW[
she/her | riverclan apprentice | 15 moons
long-furred, smoky-black mackerel tabby with bits of white; yellow eyes
active purrks: prison break - t1 | primal instincts | skip the steps
[ @Marigoldwhisper (sorry for this taking so long and how crappy it is; it’s not the greatest of my responses!) ]

Smallpines wasn’t a place Cormorantpaw was vaguely familiar with, let alone visited. She never really held much interest in visiting the borders, especially after the whole occurrences at the Floodstone with the whole thing about the borders. Weren’t they not allowed to visit the borders unless they were being told to by patrols? It wasn’t like she could remember it clearly, her mind was already in enough shambles as it was. Owltalon wasn’t anyone she was familiar with, but she suspected that she held decent intentions of bringing her to a place where she wasn’t familiar with all the while. Calling the place beautiful was an understatement, but Cormorantpaw wasn’t one to argue. “I suppose it is,” she rumbled, glancing around the border before taking her focus back up toward Owltalon. “This is Smallpines, I’m assuming?”

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty ACTIVE!

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

(No worries!)

"Correct," Owltalon confirmed as she sniffed the border with slight suspicion. "Tensions with Thunderclan are high, so thought it'd be useful to get to know this border first.

Owltalon finally closed her parted jaws and allowed her shoulders to relax. Was she paranoid? Maybe, just a smidge. But, this was her first apprentice, she wasn't about to let them die. This clan needed good strong steadfast warriors, there was no way she was about to let this golden opportunity slip through her paws.

"You know what Thunderclan cats smell like, right Cormorantpaw?" If she didn't, Owltalon wouldn't mind. In fact, she probably would've understood. Then again, it was kind of hard to avoid the scent of those squirrels when they bathed Riverclan camp in the blood of their warriors as well as hers.

Owltalon pinned her ringing ears back before continuing. "Well, regardless of it ya do or don't, take it all in. You might need it. I'll let you explore for a bit too, that should be fu--- eh, informative." Get your head in the game, Owltalon! This was a territory lesson, not a scavenger hunt!

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old May 10th, 2024, 02:06 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days

When Wolfhive had gone to check out the RiverClan border, he hadn't expected to stumble - thankfully not literally - onto a body.

It was a fish, freshly gutted and left to the crows. Wolfhive only momentarily examined the body, noting the deep, crushing bite to the windpipe. Looked like the cat had been taken off-guard. To Wolfhive, it was kind of odd - the scents didn't seem any different outside the obvious fish at his paws, but what ThunderClan cat would just leave a RiverClan cat's body on their side of the border? At least dump them in the river, for sky's sake.

He grunted softly as he began to roll the body toward the water's edge, not wanting to deal with hauling it past the river. If RiverClan were so concerned with their dead, maybe teach them not to trespass. Fortunately for the fish-- or perhaps unfortunately, it seemed a patrol had found its way over as Wolfhive finished dropping Reedclaw's body in the water. They could retrieve it at any time now.

[ idk who all to mention so @stag @taillow @Ian. @Neptune. is the RC patrol i presume? ]

wolfhivewolfhive roleplaystc additional training
deceased charactersroleplay rules
Old May 10th, 2024, 04:22 PM
work is never done

"Do fish have the capacity to learn?" Seemed so unlikely to him, Wolfhive had never known a RiverClan with brains. They were always doing something.. whether it be destructive or just plain stupid. Of all the Clans, they were the least worthy of calling themselves one. A bunch of rogues masquerading as more.

As the creature continued to demolish the fish it'd caught, Wolfhive approached with raised hackles. Neither of them knew what it was, but it was on their land and, as far as he was concerned, eating their food. Fish might not be often on their menu, but Wolfhive knew how to catch it and sometimes brought it back to camp as prey.

So no, this creature being here wasn't going to fly with him. Though his steps at first were hesitant -- getting a bearing on the creature and its movements, he bounced forward after a moment. His pelt was bristling, teeth peeled back and ears flat. "Get outta here!" He spat toward the creature.

In response, the creature seemed to size him up, grunting and making weird chirp noises. As he drew even closer, it withdrew with an angry hiss, stepping to a side.. and as he raised his paw to bat it, it pounced.

SOME THINGS TO NOTE
Number One, this thing STANK. Wolfhive hadn't registered it at first-- more focused on it being an intruder-- but as its body coiled around him it was inmistakable.

Number Two, its fur was slick, oily. Wolfhive's claws felt useless as they slipped against it, unable to find a grip.

Number Three, its muscles writhed with power against him, and he couldn't break free. He could feel its claws grip into him, seemingly unbreakable.

Number Four, those claws were sharper than daggers. They tore easily through his skin and fur as if they were nothing. Black dots spotted his vision.

Number Five, its teeth were like its claws - sharp and unforgiving, and for all his efforts he felt immobilized as they dug into his neck. He needed to break free.. he needed..

Number Six, he thought maybe he gained an inch, but he was a mile away from freedom. The body wrapped around him was drawing him into water and he barely registered that change with the pain that tore through him. His vision felt so far away, even further as the cool liquid surrounded him.

Number Seven, he was submerged. The creature that held him was distantly cackling as it began to send him crashing against nearby rocks, the burst of additional pain enough to send him over the edge of darkness. HAAAH! HAAAH! HAAH! It was mocking him, maybe even Redhawk who was still on the shore.

Number Eight, he was floating. Or sinking..? He couldn't tell, in and out of darkness. A tinge of red would follow him in the water as his wounds continued to bleed, slowly easing from the cold.

Number Nine, he hit something again. Though rough, it wasn't as bad as when the otter had bashed him.. Wolfhive, dazed and weak, did his best to grasp a hold of it, but truly the only reason he stayed in place was because of the current. It was pushing him into whatever he was holding, keeping him there for the time being.

Number Ten, he couldn't keep going on. Wolfhive had been fighting unconsciousness solely just to survive, and now that he wasn't actively drowning.. his head dipped against the object. he was so tired. so tired

If he had known what a ride this would be, he would've left the monster alone. Now he felt shattered, exhausted both physically and spiritually, and at the mercy of anyone who might come across him. if Redhawk did, because in his current state he didn't even know if she would. if she could, because what if the creature went back for her?

.. one thing for sure, he was sorry. he hoped she was okay. that was all he could do, as he faded entirely into unconsciousness.

[ @taillow ]

Old May 11th, 2024, 05:58 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean View Post
Rainpaw
He/They - 14 Moons - RiverClan

Of course Bumblebutt would meet his attack. He let out a yowl of pain as teeth sunk into his shoulder. He barely had time to realize what bumblestar was doing before his head banged the ground. Blood dripped from the side of his head, only the rise and fall of his chest indicating that he was alive. I'll kill you next time Rainpaw thought as the darkness overtook him

[short post, Mistyshard should be the cat picking him up at the border !! @dino. ]
The tom fell easily, with a single swat to the head and a bounce against the grass. At least he wasn't dead. Bumblestar really wasn't in the mood to have to explain to whoever she met at the border that she'd killed one of their own, no matter if he deserved it or not. Because skies knew how explosively unreasonable they would be.

With a huff, she grabbed the apprentice by the scruff and swung him unceremoniously onto her back. Then she hauled him to the border at Smallpines, dumped him just as unkindly on the riverbank, and sat down to wait for whichever unfortunate soul would happen to show up.

[ @starry since bean said misty would show up o7 ]
Old May 14th, 2024, 07:02 PM
ruler of everything ♕

Bump Policy: 72 hours (3 days) -- 24 hours (1 day) if time-sensitive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
Wolfhive had considered using Cattail Pond for this, but ultimately decided it'd be better to use the river. The main reason was because of how the water flowed, it'd prepare him better for worse-case-scenarios.

Admittedly, he wasn't looking forward to this but he understood swimming could be a valuable skill to have. It was unlikely ThunderClan cats would be put in a position to drown, but it had happened before, and if Wolfhive could continue to gain knowledge.. he'd take it.

He stopped near the bank, looking over at Violetfreckle with a mixture of apprehension and nerves. "So.. how do we, start?" Beyond 'getting in the water', but he'd rather her lead the charge on this one since she was the expert.

[ @vellichor ]
•° Violetfreckle °•
Rapid Recovery • Collector • Master Scout

The tabby wasn't sure about this. But wouldn't show her trepidation. If Wolfhive wanted to swim in the river, then sure. He could try. Thank StarClan it seemed relatively... well, maybe not calm, but normal. It was normal. She took a deep breath, assuring herself that things would be fine. Vi could swim, she could teach Wolfhive to swim. And if things went wrong, she could help.

She was surprised to see the nervousness in the younger cat's demeanor, and it made her feel strangely a bit better. He wasn't one to take things lightly, yes, but it was reassuring to know that he too knew this wasn't something to sneeze at. "Start in the water, obviously, but stick near the edge. The river's not deep throughout, as I'm sure you know. It's got shallow banks. Walk in slowly 'til the water hits your chest. Hey," She made sure to try and make eye contact at this point. "I mean slow. The current's no joke, and if you rush in, it can sweep you off your paws. And then Bumblestar would kill me." The last part was spoken quieter, but accompanied by a small laugh.

With that, she took the first steps in, proceeding to wade in until the river lapped at her chest. Violetfreckle suppressed the urge to go brrr -- the water was cold, but it wasn't that cold.

there's courage in being terrified, but still going forward.

about me // character site [wip]
Old May 14th, 2024, 07:38 PM
work is never done

"Oh, she'd only kill you if you couldn't fish me out." Though he joked, Wolfhive was eyeing up the river suspiciously. The water didn't look dangerous at a glance, but he'd seen enough objects floating in it to know that that could change in a heartbeat.

Hesitation laced every inch of his movement. Wolfhive did not want to go in the water, going in the water made his instincts scream in protest, but he forced-- forced with all his might, his paw to take a small step forward. Then another. Another.

He'd made it about three pebble lengths forward. Progress!

Wolfhive swallowed, forcing down the overwhelming feeling of anticipation and dread as he pushed, pushed, pushed, pushed himself forward. Another. One more. A little big bigger this time. Come on...

By the time he made it to the bank's edge, he wondered if he looked as exhausted as he mentally felt. He knew this wouldn't be easy, but who knew just GETTING IN would be the hard part? Damn him! ".. is this... slow enough?" it's meant to be light, knowing how ridiculous this must've looked. He hadn't even touched the water yet. Another swallow, and then he put one of his pads against the water - recoiled back sharply, and then submerged it. "Ugggh!" He yanked it back immediately, shaking his paw as if he'd been bit. "Why do they LIKE this??" It seemed absurd to him! Choosing to do this! On a whim! Maybe daily! What was WRONG with RiverClan? Like sure, they were a mess now, but this was something CODED into them! Like ShadowClan and frogs! And ThunderClan with trees! They were seriously unhinged! UGGGGH.

But he was too damn stubborn to back out of this! He was a hornet, he needed to be strong. Tough. He couldn't let some water defeat him. So again, he swallowed and pushed himself forward. If Violetfreckle could see his face, his muzzle was drooped in the epitome of misery and his ears were flat back. He hated this, hated this, hated this, as the water slowly grew around his paws, slowly reaching up til it was past his legs, tickling the crest of his body, and then finally, after what seemed like an eternity, it touched his chest. Ewwww.

[ @vellichor ]