Today 01:12 PM

Old April 14th, 2024, 07:59 PM
miraculous (MLB) obsessed

Bump Policy: Whenever I'm available!
My Mood: Adorable

Default Re: RiverClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino. View Post
Redmire scoffed. "Of course I care. I've been here pretty much all my life, and all I've seen is rocky waters. I know we can be better, but it just feels like no one cares enough to try. Birdsnow sure doesn't." She ran her tongue over her teeth, feeling the sharp points of her canines. If the former leader wasn't able to handle the responsibility, she should never have accepted the position in the first place. Maybe done everyone a favor and died in the ThunderClan raid, for good measure. "We can't rebuild the right way if we've got slackers like her around. If she wasn't willing to put herself to work as leader, then I doubt she'll do the same as a warrior with far less responsibilities."

Once Owltalon came to a halt, Redmire flopped down next to her, cheek pressed against the ground and tail flipping irritably back and forth. She was just frustrated with everything - honestly to the point of near tears. With a huff, she shot Owltalon a glance. "You think I still have a shot at Lionheart, or have I totally screwed myself here?"

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC
"Are you listening, starchild?"

Purrks: Agatha Kitty ACTIVE!

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

She couldn't help but laugh at the last words that feel out of Redmire's mouth. She tried and failed to swallow back her snicker, which resulted in her face looking slightly pinched for a moment before replying. "You may have dropped the ball," Owltalon said truthfully. "But you've obviously got heart. Y'know, having a loud mouth ain't that bad when you're saying the right stuff. I'm sure you still have something of a shot to gain the position." She sighed and lowered her gaze from Redmire's. "Being a Lionheart is the last place I thought I'd end up honestly. I thought I made one too many mistakes. But I'm here, right?"

She smiled toothily as her gaze slowly darted back up to the warriors. "So no. You've still got options I'm sure. Just maybe work on building up some recently burned bridges."

Owltalon had only responded to Redmire's last concerns first because she was still digesting the first problems she had introduced. It was hard for her to see Birdsnow as someone who let the clan down, it was hard to see Larkstar or Tansypaw as cowards because she saw the cat behind them. Being a high rank was hard... Being a Riverclan high rank was a suicide mission with there current state.

The brown Lionheart dug her paws into the earth until she saw her paw pads indented in the soft dark cushioning. "I think that Birdsnow'll prove herself. I mean, there's nothing else she can do, right? I believe and her. Ya' got every right to believe that's childish or naive but... I think she'll do well. And if she doesn't, I'm sure Fadingsun won't hesitate to drag her to the outskirts." Saying that last part made her shoulders feel heavy. She prayed to sliverpelt it wouldn't happen. Please, please, please.

Birdsnow wasn't a bad cat by any means. If it was up to Owltalon, she'd be getting a lot more chances, just like any other cat. But it wasn't up to her, and she could feel the threatening waves of fate pulling control straight out of her claws.

She sighed and rolled back her shoulders as she waited for a reply.

❝Whatever will be, will be. Don't care what anyone else thinks.❞
-When You Grow Up, Your Heat Dies

Deerspark Relations Finder!
Magpiepaw Relations/Mentor Finder!
My Art Shop!
Old April 14th, 2024, 09:01 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

She couldn't help but laugh at the last words that feel out of Redmire's mouth. She tried and failed to swallow back her snicker, which resulted in her face looking slightly pinched for a moment before replying. "You may have dropped the ball," Owltalon said truthfully. "But you've obviously got heart. Y'know, having a loud mouth ain't that bad when you're saying the right stuff. I'm sure you still have something of a shot to gain the position." She sighed and lowered her gaze from Redmire's. "Being a Lionheart is the last place I thought I'd end up honestly. I thought I made one too many mistakes. But I'm here, right?"

She smiled toothily as her gaze slowly darted back up to the warriors. "So no. You've still got options I'm sure. Just maybe work on building up some recently burned bridges."

Owltalon had only responded to Redmire's last concerns first because she was still digesting the first problems she had introduced. It was hard for her to see Birdsnow as someone who let the clan down, it was hard to see Larkstar or Tansypaw as cowards because she saw the cat behind them. Being a high rank was hard... Being a Riverclan high rank was a suicide mission with there current state.

The brown Lionheart dug her paws into the earth until she saw her paw pads indented in the soft dark cushioning. "I think that Birdsnow'll prove herself. I mean, there's nothing else she can do, right? I believe and her. Ya' got every right to believe that's childish or naive but... I think she'll do well. And if she doesn't, I'm sure Fadingsun won't hesitate to drag her to the outskirts." Saying that last part made her shoulders feel heavy. She prayed to sliverpelt it wouldn't happen. Please, please, please.

Birdsnow wasn't a bad cat by any means. If it was up to Owltalon, she'd be getting a lot more chances, just like any other cat. But it wasn't up to her, and she could feel the threatening waves of fate pulling control straight out of her claws.

She sighed and rolled back her shoulders as she waited for a reply.

The laughter made Redmire's ears flatten, even if it wasn't necessarily in poor humor. "Yeah," she grunted. "Guess you are."

Maybe she could take Owltalon off the list.

Redmire swatted a blade of grass with one paw and rolled over to her back, brow furrowed deeply. "Okay but just-" She blew out a huge breath. "Look, Birdsnow took up the spot almost two moons ago. We've spent that whole time with no official medicine cats, and she just appointed Fading at her last meeting. She didn't even go out to the Starcave to get her name, she's still just Birdsnow! It's irresponsible and shows a total lack of care or dedication and I wouldn't trust her now to hold up a branch for me to pass under, let alone be an actual warrior. Might as well just nip the issue in the bud now rather than wait it out."

With a grumble, she gave Owltalon a frustrated look. "If you really think she can redeem herself, fine, that's your thought. But don't say I didn't warn you when she ends up thrown out next moon."

Another beat of silence, then, "Are we seriously going to just stay out here for the remainder of this stupid meeting? It's cold."

Do not quote or mention me at the Stormcrest.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Events

Old April 14th, 2024, 09:20 PM

Quote:
The laughter made Redmire's ears flatten, even if it wasn't necessarily in poor humor. "Yeah," she grunted. "Guess you are."

Maybe she could take Owltalon off the list.

Redmire swatted a blade of grass with one paw and rolled over to her back, brow furrowed deeply. "Okay but just-" She blew out a huge breath. "Look, Birdsnow took up the spot almost two moons ago. We've spent that whole time with no official medicine cats, and she just appointed Fading at her last meeting. She didn't even go out to the Starcave to get her name, she's still just Birdsnow! It's irresponsible and shows a total lack of care or dedication and I wouldn't trust her now to hold up a branch for me to pass under, let alone be an actual warrior. Might as well just nip the issue in the bud now rather than wait it out."

With a grumble, she gave Owltalon a frustrated look. "If you really think she can redeem herself, fine, that's your thought. But don't say I didn't warn you when she ends up thrown out next moon."

Another beat of silence, then, "Are we seriously going to just stay out here for the remainder of this stupid meeting? It's cold."

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

She narrowed her eyes in thought. "Sorry that you're cold. But yeah, pretty sure we'll have to stay out here."

It always seemed to get colder after it rained. Owltalon always found herself wondering why... Then again, it was hard for her to tell when it was cold and when it wasn't. Her fur had bundled her up tighter than a cat in a rabbits burrow. This kind of pelt was both a blessing and a curse. She was warm in leaf-bare, yes, but absolutely miserable when it got hotter.

At the mention of her fur, she decided to actually take some time to groom it. It had been matted for moons now, who knows how long it'll take till it's not mercilessly knotted? Oh well.

She chewed on Redmire's words, a grim expression flicking across her face before she masked it completely. "I'll heed your words, Redmire. Stars, I sometimes just wish some Starclan could come down and be all wise and say comforting things like, 'Everythings okay,' and other stuff. Then we wouldn't have to worry so much about our leaders loyalty." She wrinkled her snout as she further explored this idea but ultimately came to the conclusion that Starclan only showed up when most important. Everyone would be as soft as kittypets if their ancestors just held their paws.

"Thanks." She said, but didn't elaborate. Mostly because she wasn't sure why she was even thanking the warrior. For chatting? For sharing her opinion in a healthy matter? For cooling off? Maybe it was all of those reasons mushed together in a lumpy ball.

My Art Shop!
Old April 14th, 2024, 09:40 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marigoldwhisper View Post

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

She narrowed her eyes in thought. "Sorry that you're cold. But yeah, pretty sure we'll have to stay out here."

It always seemed to get colder after it rained. Owltalon always found herself wondering why... Then again, it was hard for her to tell when it was cold and when it wasn't. Her fur had bundled her up tighter than a cat in a rabbits burrow. This kind of pelt was both a blessing and a curse. She was warm in leaf-bare, yes, but absolutely miserable when it got hotter.

At the mention of her fur, she decided to actually take some time to groom it. It had been matted for moons now, who knows how long it'll take till it's not mercilessly knotted? Oh well.

She chewed on Redmire's words, a grim expression flicking across her face before she masked it completely. "I'll heed your words, Redmire. Stars, I sometimes just wish some Starclan could come down and be all wise and say comforting things like, 'Everythings okay,' and other stuff. Then we wouldn't have to worry so much about our leaders loyalty." She wrinkled her snout as she further explored this idea but ultimately came to the conclusion that Starclan only showed up when most important. Everyone would be as soft as kittypets if their ancestors just held their paws.

"Thanks." She said, but didn't elaborate. Mostly because she wasn't sure why she was even thanking the warrior. For chatting? For sharing her opinion in a healthy matter? For cooling off? Maybe it was all of those reasons mushed together in a lumpy ball.

Redmire scowled and thwacked the ground with her tail. She didn't care if her immaturity was showing, she was just frustrated. "Absolutely fantastic. It should bother you that you're missing out on this, too." Maybe malicious compliance would be used in the future - eavesdrop on the next meeting, see if there was anything actually important that she would have missed out on, and then act absolutely oblivious or even work against it. And when confronted? A simple 'I couldn't have known because I wasn't allowed to be there like you told me' would suffice perfectly.

She almost missed the ramble about StarClan, and she snorted in response. "Pretty sure StarClan's screwing with us at this point. But yeah, it'd be nice to have some actual reassurance at this point. Some sort of sign that they haven't completely ditched us." But given the fact RiverClan was apparently banned from their lives, since Beansprout had lied about his and then Gingerfrost had just confirmed it, Redmire doubted their ancestors were still looking out for them.

"...You're welcome, for whatever it is."

She batted at another clump of grass behind her head before huffing. "And now I'm bored. I want to go fight something or throw a rock at somebody. Help me choose, we'll flip a pebble for it."

Do not quote or mention me at the Stormcrest.

Character Site | Bumble RP Finder

Bumblestar is ThunderClan's leader. She has an open den policy.
ThunderClan Kit Curriculum | ThunderClan Resources | ThunderClan Outsider Joining | ThunderClan Events

Old Yesterday, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Redmire scowled and thwacked the ground with her tail. She didn't care if her immaturity was showing, she was just frustrated. "Absolutely fantastic. It should bother you that you're missing out on this, too." Maybe malicious compliance would be used in the future - eavesdrop on the next meeting, see if there was anything actually important that she would have missed out on, and then act absolutely oblivious or even work against it. And when confronted? A simple 'I couldn't have known because I wasn't allowed to be there like you told me' would suffice perfectly.

She almost missed the ramble about StarClan, and she snorted in response. "Pretty sure StarClan's screwing with us at this point. But yeah, it'd be nice to have some actual reassurance at this point. Some sort of sign that they haven't completely ditched us." But given the fact RiverClan was apparently banned from their lives, since Beansprout had lied about his and then Gingerfrost had just confirmed it, Redmire doubted their ancestors were still looking out for them.

"...You're welcome, for whatever it is."

She batted at another clump of grass behind her head before huffing. "And now I'm bored. I want to go fight something or throw a rock at somebody. Help me choose, we'll flip a pebble for it."

`~Owltalon
She\Lionheart\RC

· · ─────── ·· ─────── ·

The lionheart simply shrugged. She was finding the conversation somewhat enjoyable until she could see the wheels turning behind Redmire's eyes (Agatha Kitty). She wrinkled her snout at her, almost accusingly.

"Whatever you're thinking, stop thinking it." Owltalon demanded, her voice monotone but assertive. "I have hope for you Redmire, but if this keeps on you may not get such a valuable position." Her edged words softened out as she continued her listening, absentmindedly searching for a smooth pebble as Redmire shared her... Controversial thoughts.

But were they really? Owltalon had seen cats loose their faith just as quickly as she saw scarlet splatter the ground in conflict. Perhaps Redmire was just one of those cats. Why was she surprised? Maybe because it seemed that the odd warrior actually cared for her clan, something that was built from ground up from Starclan.

Unwilling to share her own opinion on the matter, she didn't respond.

After she found a nice smooth pebble, she offered up an alternative. "Maybe instead of beating innocent cats with rocks we can try and knock down other rocks." She didn't wait for an answer and immediately started stacking any other flat stones she could find. If Redmire was truly bored, then she would do anything to entertain herself. That would include knocking down small stones.

My Art Shop!
Old Today, 06:58 AM
Spiral

Bump Policy: Three days
My Mood: Tired

Squirrels and Bruises
Roseshard began to unearth his catches, padding from one spot to the next, his haul getting larger and larger at every stop. When he had collected everything, (three mice, a chickadee and a vole; he was land-hunting today,) he put it all down for a breather.

With difficult times like these and the clan authorities unstable as they were, Roseshard was happy to do what he could to help. For him, this meant keeping the freshkill pile topped up. With new-leaf in full swing now, prey was more abundant than ever, meaning even on a solo hunting patrol, his job was easy.
While Roseshard was hunting, or performing a task, he could forget his worries and troubling thoughts. The past didn't matter, only the now. For that small while, he could be himself.

The scent of a squirrel washed over his tongue. He had already caught enough prey, any more, and he would have trouble carrying it home; but it was so near. It would be such an easy catch.
Dropping into a crouch and stalking past his dropped prey, the black-and-russet tabby approached the squirrel.

Perched on the protruding root of a tree, it hadn't noticed him in its search for food. Tail hovering just above the ground, haunch tensed for the leap. Easy. The word repeated in his mind.

At the last moment, the rodent spotted him. It spun and slipped past his paws and shot up the tree. Roseshard didn't hesitate, and threw himself after it. There was no escape; this tree stood a few good fox-lengths from any other, so no life-saving leaps to safety. Higher and higher the warrior climbed, until his paw slipped on a branch. The limb rose up and snapped into his jaw. Stars exploded behind his eyes.

He heard a thump. Pain. Thump, pain, and one last thump that drove the air out of him. He knew he had fallen, and cursed his paws for being clumsy.

Then the world went black.

^^^Click one!^^^

"And that, my friends, is how a revolution dies." - Haymitch
Old Today, 09:40 AM

My Mood: Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MockingRabbit View Post
Squirrels and Bruises
Roseshard began to unearth his catches, padding from one spot to the next, his haul getting larger and larger at every stop. When he had collected everything, (three mice, a chickadee and a vole; he was land-hunting today,) he put it all down for a breather.

With difficult times like these and the clan authorities unstable as they were, Roseshard was happy to do what he could to help. For him, this meant keeping the freshkill pile topped up. With new-leaf in full swing now, prey was more abundant than ever, meaning even on a solo hunting patrol, his job was easy.
While Roseshard was hunting, or performing a task, he could forget his worries and troubling thoughts. The past didn't matter, only the now. For that small while, he could be himself.

The scent of a squirrel washed over his tongue. He had already caught enough prey, any more, and he would have trouble carrying it home; but it was so near. It would be such an easy catch.
Dropping into a crouch and stalking past his dropped prey, the black-and-russet tabby approached the squirrel.

Perched on the protruding root of a tree, it hadn't noticed him in its search for food. Tail hovering just above the ground, haunch tensed for the leap. Easy. The word repeated in his mind.

At the last moment, the rodent spotted him. It spun and slipped past his paws and shot up the tree. Roseshard didn't hesitate, and threw himself after it. There was no escape; this tree stood a few good fox-lengths from any other, so no life-saving leaps to safety. Higher and higher the warrior climbed, until his paw slipped on a branch. The limb rose up and snapped into his jaw. Stars exploded behind his eyes.

He heard a thump. Pain. Thump, pain, and one last thump that drove the air out of him. He knew he had fallen, and cursed his paws for being clumsy.

Then the world went black.

Blackfrost

Blackfrost had been in the area. As it seemed was the case with many warriors, she was doing what she could to support her clan in a time of such turmoil. She had gone out to hunt, and had been keeping an eye out for herbs simultaneously. Unfortunately for her goal of stocking both the fresh-kill pile and the medicine den, her outing was very quickly sidetracked.

The big tortoiseshell she-cat had come this direction for the prey and the plants. She was all geared up and ready for a productive day when she caught wind of a familiar scent, just before her ears picked up several hard thumps and painful grunts.

Spinning on her paws, her icy blue eyes rakes the area just in time to watch Roseshard's pelt hit the ground at the foot of a freestanding tree. Her heart fell to her stomach.

Rushing over, she nudhed at the tom gently, not wanting to aggravate any injuries. "Roseshard!" she called sharply. "Are you alright? Are you very hurt?" She paused, desperate to keep a level head. "Roseshard, can you hear me?"