Today 03:42 PM
Closed Thread

Old February 25th, 2018, 03:31 PM
among us

My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Mud, Blood, and a Flash Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flameleaf View Post
Skyfeather blinked. He thought for a moment, then spoke. "I... I think SkyClan has no medicine cat apprentice..." He flicked his ears. "If I do take you my mate will be wondering where I am..."
"Well then take her with! A little journey couldn't hurt." she meowed, looking at Skyfeather's worried gaze.

Click the eggs!
Old February 25th, 2018, 03:34 PM
Might disappear again

My Mood: Lurking

Skyfeather gave her a worried look.
"She can't. She's expecting kits."
He told her. "I don't think a journey to SkyClan would be good for her. Sorry."

Character Site

Old February 25th, 2018, 03:34 PM
among us

Quote:
Skyfeather gave her a worried look.
"She can't. She's expecting kits."
He told her. "I don't think a journey to SkyClan would be good for her. Sorry."
Shallowpaw protested. "At least tell her where you're going!"

Click the eggs!
Old February 25th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Might disappear again

Skyfeather shuffled his paws. “I will once the battle is over.” He promised. Just know, I’m not going into your territory to get you. You have to meet me at the border at moonhigh if you want to go.”

Character Site

Old February 25th, 2018, 05:39 PM
😈MAGICALLY MALICIOUS😋

My Mood: Asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Cranewing didn't know why the Shadowclan tom refrained from attacking her while she was dazed, but he let her regain her senses. For some reason, that didn't make her feel better. Cranewing knew that she needed to attack first in order to keep herself from being attacked. The feline made a wild lunge for her opponent's face and actually connected, ripping open a presumably old scar that she hadn't bothered to notice earlier. It must have hurt like the dark forest itself from the noise it brought from the tom. It was rather nasty a wound and Cranewing actually felt a tinge of guilt at reopening it. She found it hard to look at, but couldn't look away in case he attacked. She was right to be cautious as he charged her moments later. The skies had opened up long ago and rain was pouring to the earth in sheets, watering the dirt. The battling cats' paws only served to churn the dirt and water into a thick mud that dragged at their limbs. This very mud slowed Cranewing's reactions as she leaped away, allowing the other cat's claws to scrape her neck. Her quick reflexes, despite the problem of the mud, turned a potentially fatal wound to a simple scratch. It still hurt, though, and Cranewing hissed in pain as she stumbled to the side, almost falling into the mud.
Dovecoo gasped with every movement of the battle and winced at the throbbing pain of her bleeding shoulder. The sight of Honeythistle's reopened gash turned Dovecoo's stomach and the queen felt as if she might be sick. When the battle reached a slight pause as both cats recovered from shock and pain, Dovecoo scurried to Honeythistle's side and tried to nudge him away, "Come on, Honey! Let's just go back to camp. The mud is making the battle to difficult anyway." The queen begged, hoping to remove him and herself from the dangerous situation.

It wasn't easy to fight when you felt like your face was being torn into two. Honeythistle managed, as hard as he could to claw the she cat's neck, but she turned, causing his potentially fatal wound to become one of minimal pain. He watched as she stumbled to the side, and he was ready to attack her again - he was truly livid. In pain! The thundering skies didn't cease his mood any less. It only made him desperate even more because the ground was slippery. His fur clung to his frame. Honeythistle crouched low to the ground, providing him a good leverage to bulldoze into his opponent, hoping to knock the wind out of her. Hopefully, her life as well, but before he could complete the action, Dovecoo was at his side, nudging him away. Honeythistle had hissed at her, still moody and in pain. She didn't need to be out on the battlefield right now! he needed to be in-hiding. Where she was away from hungry eyes. Honeythistle lifted up from his crouching position, looking down at Dovecoo was a glaring gaze. That's one thing she was right about. ''But - she's still alive!'' He countered, breathing heavily as his eyes sought out the thunderclan she cat. Honeythistle wanted to finish the fight, but keeping out here longer meant that Dovecoo would be in this caught in this mess. Growling, Honeythistle turned away, pressing himself against his mate to lead her away. He was thinking more on the line to support and protect her. When deep down, Honeythistle knew he was the one who needed the support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf_tail View Post
Passionblaze's legs caught him in the chest, shoving Brokencreek back into the mud. He hissed in agony as the mud seeped into his fur. He tried to get to his feet, ready to attack again, but his legs just scrambled uselessly in the sludge. His breath came in uneven gasps, his chest stuttering. Get up! he wanted to scream at himself. Get up, you useless piece of crowfood! He was frozen--in pain or fear, he couldn't tell. Get up get up get up!

Slowly, painfully, Brokencreek lifted himself to his paws. The cuts on his flank were not streaming blood, droplets steadily dripping off his fur and mixing with the mud. His back legs trembled with the force of keeping him upright, his paws gripping the ground. The wounds dotting his flank screamed in pain, but she shook his head stubbornly. Keep fighting, Brokencreek. Never surrender. He took a step forward, then another.

Brokencreek didn't bother to pretend that he wasn't injured; it was obvious to anyone watching that he wouldn't be able to stand on his paws for much longer, but he still had his pride. He flexed his claws, his chest heaving, his body swaying, and leaped clumsily at Passionblaze.
With mud covering his paws and rain making his pelt drenched, Passionblaze steadily got to his paws, as fast as he could with his side aching. The mud was slippery, not ideal for fighting standards. But, when you were in battle, that mattered little.

Passionblaze kept a glare towards his opponent, watching as he was struggling as well. It would had been a humorous sight if Passionblaze found a battle to be comical. Nothing about this fight was funny. Passionblaze was edging closer, the pain a hum in his ear that he ignored. As long as the tom continued to fight back, Passionblaze would reciprocate.

The shadowclan cat was appearing closer, causing Passionblaze to stop dead in his tracks, a fierce gaze casted onto his enemy. When the tom had threw himself towards Passionblaze, his movement was slippery, caused by the mud, perhaps. This clumsy move gave Passionblaze the advantage to quickly leap to the side, causing him to almost hunch over because of his side. That didn't mean he dodged the faint pick of claws touching his fur. Passionblaze quickly scrambled back up, and he shot forward towards his opponent to knock him off balance.

Last edited by panchiko; December 13th, 2021 at 08:47 PM.
Old February 25th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Ruining dreams since 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radler View Post
Mistwing let out a sigh of relief when her plan worked. As much as she had faith in her move, she didn't want to die on her back looking like a stupid apprentice who hadn't even learned to shield their stomach. While visibly, Mistwing appeared to have the upper hand, the shallow cuts littering Nightshadow's body oozing blood, the Shadowclan warrior heavy blows had taken it's toll. As Mistwing rose to her paws, her legs trembled, feeling bruises forming in all the areas where Nightshadow had hit her. Mistwing summoned all the disgust she could in to her voice, spitting out, "You really are a slow learner aren't you? All Shadowclan cats are the same. Can't tell another cats business from your own, can't tell a cat from a fox, and can't tell when you are absolutely losing, not just a fight, a battle." Mistwing flicked her tail, gesturing to the grappling cats around her, in an attempt to distract Nighshadow. Mistwing didn't know Nighshadow very well, and didn't know if her taunting would make her opponent more fierce or more clumsy. This time, Mistwing wrenched her body in to the air, rising on her hind legs to meet Nighshadow mid pounce. She lunged forward, teeth bared and aiming for Nighshadow's throat. But again, at the worst possible moment, the mud shifted beneath her paws. Her claws scored the soggy earth but it was no use, she began toppling backwards yet again. Mistwing's jaw snapped shut a hair's breadth away Nightshadow's throat, her first and last chance at a killing blow ruined. As Mistwing fell backwards and Nighshadow toppled over, Mistwing wondered how Nightshadow would react, knowing that Mistwing had intended to end her life.

[OOC: perhaps in your next post you can pin Mistwing down and go for the throat cut and tag Owl when you do it, she should be able to tag Beau when she attacks you. and remember I'd really love it if you could miss Mistwing's throat and instead cut her eye, i really want to her to part blind lol]
Nightshadow rolled her eyes at Mistwing's words and snickered, "whatever you say, Dear. If you're that insecure about yourself that it makes you feel better to say that to me, go right ahead." Her eyes glanced at the cats Mistwing was gesturing towards and when she turned her head back, she saw Mistwing lunging towards her. Nightshadow scrambled back, knowing she would be able to avoid the blow. She squeezed her eyes shut in that split second, but no bite from Mistwing came. Her eyes fluttered open and she reeled back, Mistwing's jaws snapping so close to her face that she could feel the molly's breath on her nose. Suddenly Mistwing slipped and fell, falling clumsily on the ground. Nightshadow bristled at the thought of Mistwing's attempted kill. She snarled and leaped forward, landing in front of Mistwing. She held the other cat down with one paw and waved her claws tauntingly in front of Mistwing's face, gloating that the other cat could do nothing about this. She drew her arm to the side and reached forward to draw her claws against Mistwing's neck.

(OOC: Got it. @Owl should knock Nightshadow away now, and that will move her claws to Mistwing's eyes.)
Old February 25th, 2018, 07:58 PM
among us

Quote:
Skyfeather shuffled his paws. “I will once the battle is over.” He promised. Just know, I’m not going into your territory to get you. You have to meet me at the border at moonhigh if you want to go.”

Shallowpaw hissed. "I can't walk."

Click the eggs!
Old February 25th, 2018, 08:05 PM
Might disappear again

Skyfeather rolled his eyes. “Well, what do you want me to do? Carry you?”

Character Site

Old February 25th, 2018, 09:07 PM
Dragon Tamer

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liekki View Post
Nightshadow rolled her eyes at Mistwing's words and snickered, "whatever you say, Dear. If you're that insecure about yourself that it makes you feel better to say that to me, go right ahead." Her eyes glanced at the cats Mistwing was gesturing towards and when she turned her head back, she saw Mistwing lunging towards her. Nightshadow scrambled back, knowing she would be able to avoid the blow. She squeezed her eyes shut in that split second, but no bite from Mistwing came. Her eyes fluttered open and she reeled back, Mistwing's jaws snapping so close to her face that she could feel the molly's breath on her nose. Suddenly Mistwing slipped and fell, falling clumsily on the ground. Nightshadow bristled at the thought of Mistwing's attempted kill. She snarled and leaped forward, landing in front of Mistwing. She held the other cat down with one paw and waved her claws tauntingly in front of Mistwing's face, gloating that the other cat could do nothing about this. She drew her arm to the side and reached forward to draw her claws against Mistwing's neck.

(OOC: Got it. @Owl should knock Nightshadow away now, and that will move her claws to Mistwing's eyes.)
@Beau @Radler

Rowanblaze tumbled over onto his back and looked up in slight shock at Halfgaze. Then, Rowanblaze growled at Halfgaze, "I don't know what I'm talking about?" He snarled lifting up his lips revealing his sharp canines. "I think you're wrong." But before Halfgaze could do anything, he saw just behind Halfgaze, Mistwing was pinned down by Nightshadow. Growling, the tom kicked the deputy off with all of his might, throwing her to the side. "Shadowclan trash..." He growled as he leaped knocking Nightshadow away, causing her to miss Mistwings throat but claw her eye. Rowanblaze, at the time, didnt realize what happened. He simply leaped onto Nightshadow and swiping at her muzzle with his claws now completely unsheathed, his claws penetrating her cheek deeply.

If I do not reply PLEASE mention me again or PM me or VM me~!
Old February 25th, 2018, 10:18 PM

My Mood: Doh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liekki View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owl View Post
@Beau @Radler

Rowanblaze tumbled over onto his back and looked up in slight shock at Halfgaze. Then, Rowanblaze growled at Halfgaze, "I don't know what I'm talking about?" He snarled lifting up his lips revealing his sharp canines. "I think you're wrong." But before Halfgaze could do anything, he saw just behind Halfgaze, Mistwing was pinned down by Nightshadow. Growling, the tom kicked the deputy off with all of his might, throwing her to the side. "Shadowclan trash..." He growled as he leaped knocking Nightshadow away, causing her to miss Mistwings throat but claw her eye. Rowanblaze, at the time, didnt realize what happened. He simply leaped onto Nightshadow and swiping at her muzzle with his claws now completely unsheathed, his claws penetrating her cheek deeply.
Mistwing squirmed under Nightshadow's powerful grip, furious at herself that she had messed up such an important move, and as Nightshadow's claws neared her throat, Mistwing realized she had apparently raised the stakes very high. Mistwing struggle against Nightshadow's hold for a moment, but when she realized the futility she slumped back against the ground. Mistwing wasn't sure if her sudden submission was because she didn't want to fight anymore or to lull Nightshadow into a false sense of security. The reasonable and exhausted sides of her mind fought within her. Mistwing stared up past Nighshadow's sneering face and into the sky, thinking to herself what a terrible night it was to die. The clouds overhead were thick and ominous, and the mixture of mud and blood underfoot now stained her pelt. A blur of burgundy flickered in the corner of her eye, and Mistwing, nor her opponent, had any time to react as Rowanblaze appeared seemingly from nowhere to barrel Nightshadow out of the way. Already mid-strike, Nightshadow's unsheathed claws were jolted away from her throat, and instead clipped her open eye. For a heartbeat, Mistwing was still frozen to the ground, but with no one holding her down this time. And then she let out a yowl of pain, lost in the wind to the sounds of other screeching cats. The sharp pain from her left eye stabbed into her brain and for a few moments she writhed on the ground, pawing at her eye, feeling panic grow inside her at the sudden blindness in her eye. As Mistwing remained downed for a few heartbeats longer, she saw Rowanblaze slashing furiously at Nightshadow.
Timezone: UTC+13:00 (what time is it in New Zealand right now?)
Roleplay Tracker & Finder
Profile picture drawn by, and credit to, the lovely Rose Queen.
Closed Thread