Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > Main Roleplay

Notice
Are you a master egg-finder? Check out the Spring Egg Hunt!

Need a helping hand? Check out this thread for info on how to get some egg hunt hints!
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader: Dawnstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lostspark
Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader:
Birdsnow
Deputy: Fadingsun
Medicine Cat: None

Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

WindClan
Leader: Twilightstar
Deputy: Fallownose
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Nursery
by BEAR.
Last post by the kitty
Today 02:13 AM
Otterkit Finder
by nyx
Last post by the kitty
Today 01:58 AM
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by Myling
Today 01:44 AM
Hi WCO!!!
Last post by *_Athena_*
Today 01:37 AM
RiverClan Clearing
by BEAR.
Last post by Blazing
Today 01:15 AM

Old February 23rd, 2018, 09:08 AM
I’m full of it

Bump Policy: Every 2 days!
My Mood: Sleepy

Default Re: RiverClan Training Cave

@.:Blue Wishes:.

Rowanflower had called for her apprentice rosepaw for a quick battle training session since she had more time to invest in him recently. She made it her job to be doing so frequently. The white and ginger spotted Molly slipped into the cave feeling the soft sand beneath her pads as opposed to the marshy undergrowth and foliage of the regular territory. She had always loved visiting here and watching the apprentices because it was just so fun to be doing, since she had remembered much of her own apprenticehood being full of mistakes, regret and sadnesss she made her best efforts to encourage the other apprentices to appreciate their talents instead of being sad about it all the time. Now she was here with what she would call a quiet tom. She knew he thought lots of thoughts but never spoke to her which made her awful uncomfortable. She would work it out of him at some point, so she had stopped visiting the den in order to work with rosepaw. “Come in rosepaw, is this your first time to the training cave?” she pressed. Dumb question she already knew that, she was his mentor and she had only taken him out. her ear flicked and her tail swished through the air before she plopped down in the middle of the floor.

Go here for general finder or here for kit finder

|| Rabbit || Singepaw || Goosecurl ||

“Avoiding unhappiness is not the road to happiness.”
François Lelord

Old February 23rd, 2018, 03:14 PM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial View Post

@.:Blue Wishes:.

Rowanflower had called for her apprentice rosepaw for a quick battle training session since she had more time to invest in him recently. She made it her job to be doing so frequently. The white and ginger spotted Molly slipped into the cave feeling the soft sand beneath her pads as opposed to the marshy undergrowth and foliage of the regular territory. She had always loved visiting here and watching the apprentices because it was just so fun to be doing, since she had remembered much of her own apprenticehood being full of mistakes, regret and sadnesss she made her best efforts to encourage the other apprentices to appreciate their talents instead of being sad about it all the time. Now she was here with what she would call a quiet tom. She knew he thought lots of thoughts but never spoke to her which made her awful uncomfortable. She would work it out of him at some point, so she had stopped visiting the den in order to work with rosepaw. “Come in rosepaw, is this your first time to the training cave?” she pressed. Dumb question she already knew that, she was his mentor and she had only taken him out. her ear flicked and her tail swished through the air before she plopped down in the middle of the floor.

Rosepaw padded after Rowanflower. He felt awkward, staring in amazement at the cave. He didn’t exactly know why he was so surprised, but it was just amazing to know he would come here now. He was an apprentince! He could do these kinds of things now! “Y-Yeah,” He stammered, looking at the cave. He didn’t know why Rowanflower would ask that, he hadn’t had any apprentince before now, so how would he have come here before? He could have maybe come when he was a kit, but that wasn’t the case with him. He had been obedient, staying in the nursery most of the time. But now he didn't have to worry about getting in trouble, so he could do as he pleased. He sat down across from Rowan, hoping that was what he was supposed to do. “So what are we doing?” he asked, tilting his head slightly.
Old February 23rd, 2018, 04:57 PM
I’m full of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Blue Wishes:. View Post

Rosepaw padded after Rowanflower. He felt awkward, staring in amazement at the cave. He didn’t exactly know why he was so surprised, but it was just amazing to know he would come here now. He was an apprentince! He could do these kinds of things now! “Y-Yeah,” He stammered, looking at the cave. He didn’t know why Rowanflower would ask that, he hadn’t had any apprentince before now, so how would he have come here before? He could have maybe come when he was a kit, but that wasn’t the case with him. He had been obedient, staying in the nursery most of the time. But now he didn't have to worry about getting in trouble, so he could do as he pleased. He sat down across from Rowan, hoping that was what he was supposed to do. “So what are we doing?” he asked, tilting his head slightly.

Rowanflower swept her tail around her paws and tilted her head to the side in embarrassment. Mousebrain. she shook her head but her eyes returned to their usual cheery brightness as she stiffened up. “Well, battle training! I think it’s important with all the- close encounters recently” she said curtly trying to sugar coat the fact basically four of the five clans seemed to be spent on anger and there’s already been a battle. There was never a time where you couldn’t be over prepared and honestly she couldn’t stand having to loose rosepaw due to missed training days. “Look, I’m going to tell you this once. You don’t take on warriors, senior warriors, leaders, deputies or even queens, only apprentices and that’s it. You hear me? I don’t want you getting hurt” she said sternly eyes darkening a little bit. This wasn’t her first battle oh no, not at all since her long scar up the side of her throat and multiple along her arms and belly proved her experience with battles. The scar began to itch as the she cat thought about foxfur. the she cat had wanted to serve the dark forest during the evil era and once liberation began... the white and ginger spotted deputy gave her head a shake to dismiss the thoughts. she glanced over at her apprentice to see he had received the message

François Lelord

Old February 23rd, 2018, 09:19 PM

Quote:

Rowanflower swept her tail around her paws and tilted her head to the side in embarrassment. Mousebrain. she shook her head but her eyes returned to their usual cheery brightness as she stiffened up. “Well, battle training! I think it’s important with all the- close encounters recently” she said curtly trying to sugar coat the fact basically four of the five clans seemed to be spent on anger and there’s already been a battle. There was never a time where you couldn’t be over prepared and honestly she couldn’t stand having to loose rosepaw due to missed training days. “Look, I’m going to tell you this once. You don’t take on warriors, senior warriors, leaders, deputies or even queens, only apprentices and that’s it. You hear me? I don’t want you getting hurt” she said sternly eyes darkening a little bit. This wasn’t her first battle oh no, not at all since her long scar up the side of her throat and multiple along her arms and belly proved her experience with battles. The scar began to itch as the she cat thought about foxfur. the she cat had wanted to serve the dark forest during the evil era and once liberation began... the white and ginger spotted deputy gave her head a shake to dismiss the thoughts. she glanced over at her apprentice to see he had received the message

Rosepaw quietly watched his mentor, unsure of what she was going to say. He was scared he had said something wrong, and now he was in trouble for it. He nodded as Rowan spoke,unsure of what to say, slightly chilled that there were battles. Of course, he had heard about this, but he hadn’t known he would actually be fighting until now. “But what if they attack me?” he asked in a small voice, trying not to think about battles. He had never been good with arguments, and now that he was out of the nursery, it only seemed to have gotten worse. There were stories, but now he was living those tales. He quietly sat there for a few moments, unsure over what the next course of action should be. “Anyways, what are you teaching me?” he asked, “I mean, I know you’re teaching me battle moves, but what kind of battle moves?” he asked, awkward trying to word what he wanted to say correctly, an awkward smile on his face.
Old February 25th, 2018, 09:18 PM
I’m full of it

Quote:

Rosepaw quietly watched his mentor, unsure of what she was going to say. He was scared he had said something wrong, and now he was in trouble for it. He nodded as Rowan spoke,unsure of what to say, slightly chilled that there were battles. Of course, he had heard about this, but he hadn’t known he would actually be fighting until now. “But what if they attack me?” he asked in a small voice, trying not to think about battles. He had never been good with arguments, and now that he was out of the nursery, it only seemed to have gotten worse. There were stories, but now he was living those tales. He quietly sat there for a few moments, unsure over what the next course of action should be. “Anyways, what are you teaching me?” he asked, “I mean, I know you’re teaching me battle moves, but what kind of battle moves?” he asked, awkward trying to word what he wanted to say correctly, an awkward smile on his face.

She flicked an ear “land a hard enough hit and run like your legs ce depends on it, cause one day you’ll face cats who fight unfairly” she said lashing her tail before standing back up and shaking off the sand which had worked its way into her fur. “I thought we could start with a pretty advanced move” shesaud admittedly before walking towards the cave wall. She paused lifting her paw and probing the wall a few times than setting her paw back down and turned towards the smaller tom. “It requires agility but it’s good for close contact battle” she said turned towards the wall but still looking over her shoulder at him. The move would take time to master and in fact a longer time to actually do it in the first place. It required stamina and agility and endurance just to continue trying. It had come easy to her due to her size but she wasn’t so sure rosepaw was as small as her then. She flicked an ear running through the move mentally. Run at the target, jump, twist mid air and from than you spring back off the rock, tree or target. “there are two ways of doing this, the simpler way or the advanced way, I’ll leave it up to you which one you wanna try”

François Lelord

Old February 26th, 2018, 12:55 AM

Quote:

She flicked an ear “land a hard enough hit and run like your legs ce depends on it, cause one day you’ll face cats who fight unfairly” she said lashing her tail before standing back up and shaking off the sand which had worked its way into her fur. “I thought we could start with a pretty advanced move” shesaud admittedly before walking towards the cave wall. She paused lifting her paw and probing the wall a few times than setting her paw back down and turned towards the smaller tom. “It requires agility but it’s good for close contact battle” she said turned towards the wall but still looking over her shoulder at him. The move would take time to master and in fact a longer time to actually do it in the first place. It required stamina and agility and endurance just to continue trying. It had come easy to her due to her size but she wasn’t so sure rosepaw was as small as her then. She flicked an ear running through the move mentally. Run at the target, jump, twist mid air and from than you spring back off the rock, tree or target. “there are two ways of doing this, the simpler way or the advanced way, I’ll leave it up to you which one you wanna try”

Rosepaw listened to Rowan, nodding every so slightly to show he was listening, and hadn’t fallen asleep. He stood up when his mentor stood up, backing away a bit to give her space. While Rowan’s explanation shouldn’t have gotten him so worked up, maybe it was even supposed to get him excited! However, he was anxious as hell now. He didn’t want to have to deal with an advanced move when he knew he could barely stand in the right position to catch a fish! But he knew this all had some sort of reason behind it. Rose knew that other clans were going to be more hostile to them, and while he personally didn’t like that, he knew that knowing the battles moves was important. Taking a deep breath in, He quietly listened, before he was left with the question of what he wanted to do. Simple or advanced? Simple or advanced. He didn’t know what to say. However, he found “Ad...Advanced?” sliding out from between his jaws before he could think of anything else, quietly looking at Rowanflower.
Old February 28th, 2018, 09:02 AM
I’m full of it

Quote:

Rosepaw listened to Rowan, nodding every so slightly to show he was listening, and hadn’t fallen asleep. He stood up when his mentor stood up, backing away a bit to give her space. While Rowan’s explanation shouldn’t have gotten him so worked up, maybe it was even supposed to get him excited! However, he was anxious as hell now. He didn’t want to have to deal with an advanced move when he knew he could barely stand in the right position to catch a fish! But he knew this all had some sort of reason behind it. Rose knew that other clans were going to be more hostile to them, and while he personally didn’t like that, he knew that knowing the battles moves was important. Taking a deep breath in, He quietly listened, before he was left with the question of what he wanted to do. Simple or advanced? Simple or advanced. He didn’t know what to say. However, he found “Ad...Advanced?” sliding out from between his jaws before he could think of anything else, quietly looking at Rowanflower.

She secretly wished he hadn’t chosen the advanced, why had she even said it? She shook her head and waved her tail. ”Ambituous?” she mused licking her chest before turning to the rock wall of the cave. “I don’t expect you to get it the first time, I didn’t, but once you get it right it’s easy from there” she said with a dip of her head. She would have to try this whole thing again if she where to teach it since she hadn’t had a chance to practices her moves lately. She stepped back a few times examining the distance between her and the wall. She padded forward one step and marked a line in the sand and stepped back to where she was before. First she stretched digging her claws into the sand and putting her hips up into the air before standing back up to her full height. “Don’t laughaf me of a don’t get it” she chuckled her ears angling towards him before dropping to a crouch. Than she burst into a shirt sprint until she was one tail length between the wall, bunching her hind legs she sprang at the wall and mid air turned her body horizontal hitting the wall with her paws and crouching as she milked the momentum than sprang back off the wall and than shakily landing in the dust by the line. Panting she sat down and breathed deeply shutting her eyes and blinking them back open turning her head to rosepaw. “This line, this is supposed to be your enemy cat, it’s a way to turn the tables so quickly and knock them down, so technically there’s supposed to be a cat there but I’m a little to big and I don’t wanna hurt you”

François Lelord

Old February 28th, 2018, 03:25 PM

Quote:

She secretly wished he hadn’t chosen the advanced, why had she even said it? She shook her head and waved her tail. ”Ambituous?” she mused licking her chest before turning to the rock wall of the cave. “I don’t expect you to get it the first time, I didn’t, but once you get it right it’s easy from there” she said with a dip of her head. She would have to try this whole thing again if she where to teach it since she hadn’t had a chance to practices her moves lately. She stepped back a few times examining the distance between her and the wall. She padded forward one step and marked a line in the sand and stepped back to where she was before. First she stretched digging her claws into the sand and putting her hips up into the air before standing back up to her full height. “Don’t laughaf me of a don’t get it” she chuckled her ears angling towards him before dropping to a crouch. Than she burst into a shirt sprint until she was one tail length between the wall, bunching her hind legs she sprang at the wall and mid air turned her body horizontal hitting the wall with her paws and crouching as she milked the momentum than sprang back off the wall and than shakily landing in the dust by the line. Panting she sat down and breathed deeply shutting her eyes and blinking them back open turning her head to rosepaw. “This line, this is supposed to be your enemy cat, it’s a way to turn the tables so quickly and knock them down, so technically there’s supposed to be a cat there but I’m a little to big and I don’t wanna hurt you”

Rosepaw could sense how his mentor hadn’t originally wanted to do it, and a surge of regret sprung to life in him. He had just wanted to seem not as scared as he was! In the end that hadn’t really worked out for him. Forcing himself to awkwardly nod, watching Rowan. It had all happened so fast, he staggered back from surprise. Yes, he hadn’t been hit, but he was still shocked either way. That seemed like how one was supposed to do that, but he didn’t know for sure. Rowan seemed like she knew she had done it right, so Rose was now trying to put it all together in his mind. He had to collect himself when he realized that he was gaping, his eyes wide with astonishment. Now he did regret asking for the advanced one, trying his best to replay the motion in his mind.

(( sorry for it being so short ))
Old March 18th, 2018, 05:33 AM
~Fae of the forest~

My Mood: Inspired

Nightwhisker stopped and turned around to Rainpaw.
Rainpaw observed him calmly, ready to take in every word he would hear.
"So, let's just begin with seeing your current abilities. Then we will know how to train you in the way that is best for you." Nightwhisker meowed.
"Have you seen any of the other apprentices or warriors fight before or fought with them?" He continued. "I know that I haven't taught you anything, but it would be good if I knew what level you are on." He added.
Rainpaw thoughtfully looked to the side, thinking. After a moment, he shook his head slightly. "Just play-fighting."Rainpaw responded. Maybe I should have taguht him this before I continued with advanced hunting? But he was too good at hunting to wait, and then the time left went to chores... "Okay, that's fine."Nightwhisker assured him. "Then, just try to attack me once, so I see what instincts you have."He told him. Rainpaw nodded slightly, and then backed a few steps and crouched, focusing his eyes on Nightwhiskers back. It was clear what he was about to do. When Rainpaw jumped, Nightwhisker avoided him easily and then jumped on Rainpaws back to stop him from getting up after the jump. Rainpaw gave a meow of defeat, and Nightwhisker got off.
"Well..."Nightwhisker began. Where do I start?
Old March 19th, 2018, 04:54 AM
~Fae of the forest~

My Mood: Inspired

Nightwhisker took a deep breath.
"First, I should tell you some basics about fighting, then maybe teach you a few of the basic moves as well." Nightwhisker finally meowed.
Rainpaw sat down and nodded.
"Well, first of all, you make it too obvious for the enemy to see where you're aiming. Try confusing the enemy by doing another attack first, or at least don't look too long where you are aiming."Nightwhisker began.
"Second of all, it takes a bit too long for you to get into position and think.
In battle, the enemy won't wait, and they will know what to do if they see your position." He continued. Rainpaw gave a nod, but he had a hurt look in his eye.
"But that is to be expected, you have never done this before. When we have trained a bit it will come naturally."Nightwhisker encouraged.
Rainpaw looked a bit happier at the words.
"So, maybe I could show you how to combine a pounce with a jump? Doing a combo of attacks is more affective. But first, let me see your defensive position."