by Myling
Last post by Desert Rain Frog
Today 04:20 PM

Old January 26th, 2024, 05:59 PM
fatha it's me michael

Bump Policy: 4 Days
My Mood: Paranoid

Default Re: IN REGARDS TO RIVERCLAN HIGH RANKS AND PLOT FINDERS

honestly, I can sort of see what you're saying. a few characters IC have said uh things about my characters, but it is really really really important to separate IC from OOC. that's also another reason why some other roleplay forums and stuff have a rule to not put or spill your emotions all over your writing, as sometimes it could disturb or upset someone. that's also why so many people here have that one warning that goes "hey, just so you know, I don't share my character's thoughts or feelings!!" in their signature (or something like that)

going to what frosty said in their goodbye message, they did mention that they were getting stressed out about this site, which is something you should generally not be feeling. roleplaying should be fun and should be a stress reliever, not a stress creator. imo, if you're starting to feel stressed out about things on this site, take a break. go on hiatus for as long as you like. don't make yourself grow white hairs and wrinkles on a roleplaying site!!

Skeleton you are my friend,
but you are made of bone.

my characters | my carrd
Old January 26th, 2024, 06:18 PM
Watcher of Stars

Bump Policy: 48 hours (24 hours for time sensitive)
My Mood: Yeehaw

For those interested, I thought it would be helpful to put together something nice for the HRs, considering what happened with frosty and silver. The thread is here and any help would be appreciated. All I can think of is art, so if anyone has other ideas please feel free to suggest.

Last edited by Collieheart; January 26th, 2024 at 06:46 PM.
Old January 26th, 2024, 06:23 PM
Potato Girlboss here :P

Status: Whenever I sit in my bed, the giant bear I got when I was six stares me down
Bump Policy: 24h
My Mood: Unpredictable

Ok. It took me about half an hour but I read EVERY SINGLE REPLY ON THIS THREAD (Yes, all five pages, no one got skipped) and I am in shock. i didn't know what had happened until today because I just check frosty and silver's account and wow. I am genuinely shocked. And I just wanna say that it feels like everyone is talking about leaders and deputies- but medicine cats! Like I get yall said hrs and you may have also been talking about meds idk man. But i feel so bad for those people because you were talking gorey plots and stuff but who are the ones who have to deal with that? Along with all the other cats that are kitting or getting small injuries. Not saying that I have not made or been along with many plots where you get injured, i'm just pointing out that it is excessive and these medicine cats need a break. Idk how we could fix that but for now, to help, even if just a little, even if just a pinch, imma try to just leave HRs alone. Barely any new characters, no tw roleplays, as little interaction as I can unless moving a plot along, gathering or smth. I just think that for know they deserve a break. With lark and tansy gone, we don't want another loss to this website.

"Just be yourself, there is no one better" - Taylor Swift
Help hatch my babies!

My characters and me have different views! Please do not connect their thoughts and feelings to mine. <3
Old January 26th, 2024, 06:43 PM

Bump Policy: Anytime!
My Mood: Mysterious

Yes! Something needs to change! I haven’t been here long (started late November), so I don’t know much about WCO specifically, but I have been roleplaying for about 5-6 years. A mix of text and ttrg game roleplaying. I’m also involved in theater and know some stuff about safety in regards to playing out characters.

Emotional Safety Measures
It’s easy to let yourself bleed into your character, so it makes total sense if things said to a character IC still effects the character’s player OOC. Putting “I dont think this, my character does” messages can help with certainy, of course. It’d be nice if we can begin to put messages at the end of our posts if things get hairy, and have it common. If enough people do it, it could spread and become more common. Not in the signature, imo, cus it’s easy to look over.

It’d be nice if we started reaching out and explicitly messaging someone when things get serious. Like, I text my DnD players after big RP sessions and ask if they’re alright, and support them if they aren’t. Even a little “Hey, there’s a lotta people criticizing your character, u good? Ur doing great!” can be so nice. Even if they are alright, it can be nice for reassurance.

Saturation
There’s a lot going on just about all the time. I totally agree with batt, and I’d love to brainstorm some sort of strategy to decrease the amount of things the HRs are dragged into. Maybe asking permission before tagging an HR?
Or we could address the amount of throwaways. Maybe there’s a cooldown on how long you can wait till you can submit a new character. As someone else mentioned, the amount of throwaways allow for more stakes and confrontations as people can and will die. So maybe we can find a balance.
Or, make it so there’s more consequences for killing a throwaway? Or just more work? Not sure, I’m not an expert in moderation.

Tagging Resources
And, I believe having something posted to outline when it is and isn’t appropriate to tag an HR would be helpful. Not hidden in a non-official thread, front and center. It would make things more clear, so there’s less guesswork for new players. And it gives the HRs a resource to defend themself if someone tags them too much. (unless this is already a thing, in which case, oops)

ALSO ALSO @Sakura. that absolutely sucks, I’m so sorry that happened. It makes complete sense for you to distrust them. I think this is serious enough for its own thread, could you tag me in it?

Old January 26th, 2024, 07:24 PM
HIT EM W THE B B B BEAM!!

Bump Policy: Idrc anytime
My Mood: Spooky

| @Sakura. My lord what the hell, I feel bad for you tbh. If you need anyone to talk to, I'm here <3

݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁|I do not support/share my character's Actions/emotions unless said otherwise.|. ݁₊ ⊹ . ݁˖ . ݁
Old January 26th, 2024, 07:32 PM
Going back on hiatus soon

Bump Policy: 3 days

I found out the staff who were bullying @/Sakura and honestly one of them SHOCKED me. Honestly staff shouldn’t be bullying members at all, they also didn’t tell me the reason why. Just who bullied them.
Old January 26th, 2024, 07:40 PM
Bite, maim, kill...♛

Bump Policy: ✰72hrs
My Mood: Dark

I would like to say as a HR, there has been excessive drama since I joined 3 (almost 4) years ago. It's what keeps things moving. I personally don't have a problem w/ it, I like the drama lmao

"All aboard the octrain!"
----ϟ----
Characters

Kat, Vampire, Darl... These are my prisoners... They will never escape...
Old January 26th, 2024, 07:42 PM
Adderpaw my darling

Bump Policy: Whenever always
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura. View Post
Okay, so in my personal experiences, something that was never addressed. I was bullied by two members of staff on the discord months ago, and humiliated by said two members. From what I’ve seen, these members haven’t been punished, and rather, one got a promotion. I don’t have positive looks on the older staff because I’ve heard things from other former HRS and how they weren’t exactly given an agenda and proper warnings (allegedly,) with my personal experiences and the things I’ve heard from people I trust, I can’t exactly say you guys are angels. I also never got an apology.

I'm so sorry that happened, pms are open if you want to talk
Old January 26th, 2024, 07:42 PM
Going back on hiatus soon

Bump Policy: 3 days

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaif View Post
I would like to say as a HR, there has been excessive drama since I joined 3 (almost 4) years ago. It's what keeps things moving. I personally don't have a problem w/ it, I like the drama lmao
Isn’t drama against wco guidelines though? It specifically says to keep drama off the forums.
Old January 26th, 2024, 07:45 PM
Bite, maim, kill...♛

Bump Policy: ✰72hrs
My Mood: Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardust. View Post

Isn’t drama against wco guidelines though? It specifically says to keep drama off the forums.
I'm talking about IC rp drama bestie

"All aboard the octrain!"
----ϟ----
Characters

Kat, Vampire, Darl... These are my prisoners... They will never escape...