Today 10:31 PM

Old January 15th, 2023, 07:36 PM
live, laugh, love ♛

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: Reaching Stones Valley

Howler
| Male - He/Him | ft. Roux |

So far from home. Or at least, so far from the place that had become home for Howler. It was strange, feeling homesick, because ever since leaving his bossy mother behind, Howler had constantly roamed free, chasing the day until the sun shone no more. Now he stood in a field of flat stones that reached towards the sky, seeking for blessings from the gods to erase their sins.

But today was different! Today he was going to rescue some poor kitten up a tree! Because that was what wonderful, charming, terribly impossibly handsome cats did! And Howler was just that! He was the amazingest cat around! So, planting his feet at the base of a rather large, gnarled oak, Howler inclined his head to look upward, smile radiant with glee. “PSST-- PSSSSTT.” The obnoxiously loud whisper would slither through the air, for Howler had no intent of his whisper to be silent. Or actually, he had just become a rather loud cat in general after the whole ordeal with abandoning his mother’s side, and speaking softly about anything made his head spin with dizziness. What was the point of being silent? Howler didn’t see any logic in it, though Roux was currently very irritated with his un-mouselike qualities.

Perched atop the oak tree Howler was peering into, his sidekick of a friend rolled her eyes skyward at his stupid antics, scoffed, and then rolled over, efficiently putting her back to him. But it was alright, Roux was just usually grumpy like that. "Hath't nay fear, I shalt save thee!" He called, and then began the (obviously treacherous) act of climbing up the mountain oak.

It was not long before Howler had reached the top, and with a hearty laugh of excitement, pounced on his sleeping friend. "AAARGH! HOWLER!" Roux shrieked (definitely with happiness), but a moment later it was the grey tom who'd yelped with surprise, for his little friend had clamped her jaws shut upon his overtly sensitive tail.

"DID YOU JUST BITE ME?!" The tom yelled indignantly, but alas, he never got his reply, for kitten and youth went tumbling off the tree, slamming into the ground with a loud thud and leaving both breathless. It was only then that Howler, still laying on his back with Roux sprawled across his belly, noticed another cat not far-off. In fact, it was a miracle all this shouting hadn't scared the other feline off. "G'day mate! You from 'round here?" He called, eagerly waving a paw rather enthusiastically in the air and slapping Roux in the process.

[ @canineantics - Mickey | Bestowing the two idiots upon you, heh ]

Lostspark is ShadowClan’s Medicine Cat.

Last edited by Rose; January 15th, 2023 at 07:37 PM.
Old April 28th, 2023, 09:16 PM
✧ 'tis the damn season ✧

Bump Policy: 3 days ✧ 24 hours for time sensitive rps
My Mood: Mysterious

A limp, bloody gray point ragdoll lays on the group, cold and unmoving. A magenta orchid rested on the body, right on top of what seemed to be the fatal wound. Blue eyes stared sightlessly up at the cry, mouth parted in a final snarl of resistance against the dark force that dragged this feline to the darkness of death.

victim count: 1

nightshade | birdsnow | daybreak | fallenkit

Last edited by poppy; April 28th, 2023 at 09:17 PM.
Old April 29th, 2023, 10:44 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Status: Neck deep in wild animals at work and reports at Uni!
Bump Policy: 5-7 days before bumping please, Ive got work lol
My Mood: Sleepy

This place was.... strange. Most herbs werent exactly abundant in the park Nathaniel had made his clinic and it had forced him to travel far and to odd places to find resources. But this place.... Was one of the stranger. Which was saying something. It had an air that reminded the tom of the sleepy thicket, where he'd buried many a clanmate and had gathered many a herb that grew thick there but couldnt be more different. This place was open and still with no trees to shelter the hills and the strange stones dotting the place made it seem almost unnatural. That wasnt even mentioning the twolegs but still. It felt.... Similar. And Nathaniel couldnt tell if it was for the right or wrong reasons.

Still it'd serve its use, the place was dotted with herbs that'd serve him well. Varieties of flowers and plants he was unable to find at his park or home. Nathaniel had catmint in his twolegs gardens, his 'housefolk' as Rhiannon called them planted almost a bush when they saw he went ballistic at even a sprig, and dandelions grew in 'his' park if he got to them before the twoleg on the small chopping monster destroyed them from time to time. But he didnt need those herbs. He needed a disinfectant, something to stop wounds from going rancid like burdock or- Marigold!

That twoleg had marigold! Picked and everything, carried in a bundle as they walked somewhere and Nathaniel quickly changed course to follow internally planning on how to get it, mouth opened to meow at them. And was cut short. The twoleg had just stopped and collapsed in front of one of the stones body wracking with sobs and the tom was pulled up short in shock. This..... He knew this pain. He'd felt it more then once in his time. This was grief and loss of someone loved. And suddenly the herbs were out of his mind as he did what he knew how to do. Help, or at least try.

The tom let out a soft mewl rubbing his head against the twolegs kneeling legs in a way he new they tended to like, offering what comfort he could. Nathaniel didnt much liked to be touched by twolegs, long years of fear of them hard to break, Rhiannon said their twolegs thought he was 'aloof' but that didnt matter here. He stood still and kind purring and allowing them to pet him, eventually crawling into their lap and purring purring purring as they curled around him, crying their grief out.

The ex medicine cat wasnt sure if it'd helped when the twoleg finally moved to leave, or how long it'd been (hours at least) but the twoleg wasnt crying at least as Nathaniel was set down with one final pat sitting and watching as his companion left. He hoped they found solace at least and could move on as he to moved to leave, grabbing every bit of marigold as he could carry almost as an afterthought. At least the tom had figured out what this place was and why it was familiar out of the interaction. This was a place of death.
Old August 2nd, 2023, 03:06 AM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Another day another herb gathering. Well.... Another night really. Nathaniel had been twitchy tonight, sleeping definitely wasnt going to happen, so as risky as it could be he was going to try to do something productive. So herb gathering! This area of twoleg grief was safer then most areas at least and there was a good amount of herbs so here was good as any location.

Sniffing around the area the healer was completely unaware of the any others in the area.
Old August 2nd, 2023, 04:18 AM
The forgetful one

Status: Alligator bites are focused on the down stroke of their bite. YOU CAN HOLD THEIR MOUTH SHUT. [YAY]
Bump Policy: Whenever I am needed, speaketh my name and I shall arrive.
My Mood: Talented
Clans Re: Reaching Stones Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rani View Post
Another day another herb gathering. Well.... Another night really. Nathaniel had been twitchy tonight, sleeping definitely wasnt going to happen, so as risky as it could be he was going to try to do something productive. So herb gathering! This area of twoleg grief was safer then most areas at least and there was a good amount of herbs so here was good as any location.

Sniffing around the area the healer was completely unaware of the any others in the area.
A young she-cat was lying down in the moonlight of a nearby rock. Her eyes looked around and when she saw Nathaniel her eyes brightened a tiny bit. She got up and darted over to offer her help. "Hi there! Do you need help with something?"
Old August 3rd, 2023, 04:00 PM
Don’t be scared I’m here

Bump Policy: 1- 4 hours (if rp is past a week I’m dropping it)
My Mood: Starving

Quote:

Finch

A thin tortoiseshell she-cat stalks towards the foreigner, as her ears twitched with impatience to find whom this newcomer was.
Old August 4th, 2023, 05:47 PM
Queen of Pinnepeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by FruitBat View Post

Finch

A thin tortoiseshell she-cat stalks towards the foreigner, as her ears twitched with impatience to find whom this newcomer was.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk_Cradle_Ruler View Post
A young she-cat was lying down in the moonlight of a nearby rock. Her eyes looked around and when she saw Nathaniel her eyes brightened a tiny bit. She got up and darted over to offer her help. "Hi there! Do you need help with something?"

DEAR STARCLAN! Nathaniel jumped hard and high at the unexpected voice in the dark, spinning fast to face the two cats he hadnt heard coming. He wasnt the most welcoming to be completely honest, shocked as he was he quickly bared long fangs at the cats and hissed, claws unshealthing, but after a few quick looks around and the lack of hostility coming from them he eased a bit. The tom still hissed again, more in annoyance this time, though for him hissing at anything regardless of actual aggression was common. "Good gods what are you even thinking just randomly approaching a stranger in the middle of the night?! I thought you were going to kill me! And if you startled the wrong person you couldve been killed to just- ugh let me just say that was not the wisest move." It really wasnt, startle a true warrior and they'd rip you in two. However, Nathaniel was not a true warrior, he was a grumpy ex medicine cat, so much more harmless.

The tom sighed "Sorry for the blunt words." They were true though. "Lets start over I am Nathaniel and Im here just looking for plants. Now who are you and what do you want."
Old August 5th, 2023, 03:02 PM
Don’t be scared I’m here

Bump Policy: 1- 4 hours (if rp is past a week I’m dropping it)
My Mood: Starving

Quote:
DEAR STARCLAN! Nathaniel jumped hard and high at the unexpected voice in the dark, spinning fast to face the two cats he hadnt heard coming. He wasnt the most welcoming to be completely honest, shocked as he was he quickly bared long fangs at the cats and hissed, claws unshealthing, but after a few quick looks around and the lack of hostility coming from them he eased a bit. The tom still hissed again, more in annoyance this time, though for him hissing at anything regardless of actual aggression was common. "Good gods what are you even thinking just randomly approaching a stranger in the middle of the night?! I thought you were going to kill me! And if you startled the wrong person you couldve been killed to just- ugh let me just say that was not the wisest move." It really wasnt, startle a true warrior and they'd rip you in two. However, Nathaniel was not a true warrior, he was a grumpy ex medicine cat, so much more harmless.

The tom sighed "Sorry for the blunt words." They were true though. "Lets start over I am Nathaniel and Im here just looking for plants. Now who are you and what do you want."

Finch

@Silk_Cradle_Ruler

Finch hissed softly as she stayed low in the shadows and grass, watching the two from a close but not so far distance.

Last edited by FruitBatz; August 5th, 2023 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Ngl I didn’t know who’s turn it was since no one really replied
Old August 7th, 2023, 09:02 AM
somehow still here

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Dark

% Magpie %
[ #Water / open ]

sneakin' sneakin' sneakin', gon find somethin' cool, gon be all for me and not for you! the little messy kit chanted to herself, stalking carefully through the woodland leading to the weird stone clearing thingy. She hadn't come here yet, mostly 'cause she didn't know where to find it, but a bunch of the housecats near her super duper secret hideout and hidden vault of shiny stuff, (WHICH 100% WAS HERS), kept going on and on and on about how spooky it was. Magpie scoffed, unlike all of those fluff brained cry babies she was no scaredy cat, after seeing her awesome fightin skillz and her cool moves all those so called scary ghosts and brain-eating zoombos would run right back to their mommas with their tails between their legs! Heck, even if one was dumb enough to try and take her on she'd kill them 10,000,000 times over again with her mad thief claws of death! A smirk crossed her face, those ghouls wouldn't even stand a chance against her.

She crept up to the first of the weird stones she came across, ducking behind it with her super sneakin' skillz. Her heist had to be quick, well thought out, and she couldn't get caught (even if she did she could easily fight her way through them). Scanning her surroundings for an unguarded shiny proved to be a bit more difficult than she thought it would be, the stones where much bigger than she was, so she couldn't see above them at all! She needed a better view, somewhere out of sight where she could see the whole valley.. her criminal vision traveled around the stones again, there were a couple that she might be able to get up on, but not without gettin spotted- aha! Her orange gaze locked onto a BIIIGGG tree with lots and lots of leafs just past the water thingy in the middle of the clearing. Now that would be a heckin good lookin point! She nodded to herself, yes, thats where she needed to go to find a shiny, only problem now is its pretty far away.. shes over on the very very edge and its right in the middle of them valley! She didn't doubt she had the mad skillz to get there, but she needed to stay on guard none the less.

Crouching back down into the optimal sneakin' position she sized up the distance from where she was now to the next stone towards, it was about five hers away, so she needed to be quicker than quick. No problem for her! She wiggled her tail in preparation before making a little leap followed by a SUPER fast sprint and flattening herself up to the rock. See? Mad skillz. Doing the same thing again, she sized up the next gap, it was a bit bigger, but nothing compared to the distances from her greatest heist, and she darted over to it, squishing herself up to the wall like the proper thief she is. She had to this at least twenty-hundred-million-billion times, passing by to or three twolegs, before finally she was next to the water thingy.

This was gonna be the tricky bit, she had to get past FOUR WHOLE TWOLEGS!!! If even a single one saw her entire heist would be compromised! She would have to hone every single one of her sneaky skillz to do this, it'll all be worth it though once she gets her paws on a shiny!

Character Bio's | Tracker/Finder
sootkit: worldweaver 1, herbal knowledge 1 - silverkit: go with the flow, beefed up 1
Old August 7th, 2023, 06:08 PM
Loyal Rat Follower

Bump Policy: 3 days/6 hours for time Sensitive
My Mood: Daring

Silk

A long-legged grey she-cat with green eyes sat on a tree stump, her tail waving in the air. She watched the little kit with amusement. The kit reminded Silk of her sister. "Whatcha playing?" Silk purred to the kit as she arched her back to stretch.

@Apollo.

PLEASE KNOW THAT MY CHARACTERS HAVE VERY DIFFERENT VIEWS AND OPINIONS THAN ME!! And that they may think or act in ways you might not deem acceptable, but I do not think or act in these ways.

Pronouns page