Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   WindClan Events (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Burning Embers & Tearful Goodbyes [WindClan Fire Event] (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63113)

Starfall April 12th, 2023 09:56 PM

Re: Burning Embers & Tearful Goodbyes [WindClan Fire Event]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poprock (Post 1400378)

Leafpaw

Leafpaw wasn't quite sure what that crispy smell was as he made biscuits in his moss nest. Usually he would go out and investigate (assuming it was within the clearing of course... stupid rules), but tonight he was oh so eepy! Whacking things (maybe even that one stinky apprentice) with a stick all day took a lot out of a guy! He needed to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for tomorrow morning. His plans included: seeing how many bites it took to crack open a rock, digging a hole, and thwacking even more things with a stick.

Just as the flame point apprentice had completed his biscuits and prepared to doze off, Twilightstar's call sounded. He leapt straight up in fear, his fur standing on end. Get to the river? I don't know how to swim??? Why on earth had the leader screeched out such a silly request in the middle of the night?

The sight that greeted the sleepy apprentice as they stumbled out to the clearing to thwack Twilightstar for waking him shook him to his core. The air was... inky. Everything smelled like it had sat out in the sun for too long. Every single cat was evacuating. Ok... maybe this is a little more than a swimming lesson.

Leafpaw felt as if he was supposed to be panicking like everyone else, pushing and shoving towards the entrance of the camp to be the first to splash around in the river. But that felt too... what was the word he was looking for... selfish? They had a duty as a future warrior to protect those who needed saving. So the untrained apprentice made the bold move to dash towards the nursery to look for kittens to protect - turning his back on salvation.

CLOSED except for @Starfall uwu

Quote:

Originally Posted by lio (Post 1400422)
https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-...521?1680505194
MOTHPAW
fluffy cream feline with a stumpy tail and green eyes.
he/they + neos

As Mothpaw darted around the camp, looking for anyone he knew, he turned to the warrior's den. Maybe someone was in there, right? Not everyone had evacuated yet. What if someone couldn't get out? Oh dear, the smoke was filling the camp. Their lungs were screaming at them. So much running. So much happening. Too much, too much.

Coughing, lungs still recovering from the Snow Fever, Mothpaw slipped into the warrior's den and looked around. "Hello? Anyone in here?" they croaked, eyes squinting against the stinging smoke. In the corner of the den, moth spotted a slumped over figure. They were covered in soot, unresponsive to what was happening around them. Were they dead? Oh, oh no. He ran toward them, nudging their shoulder with his nose. Nothing. Dammit!

He quickly looked around, before yelling out, "Somebody help me!" as loud as he can. Reaching down, they gripped the warrior by the scruff and began to tug, slowly dragging them from the warrior's den. It was difficult, however, given as he was merely a nine moon old apprentice. Without much training.

He really needed to do more.

But moth wanted to be useful. To save someone. And dammit, even if moth needed to be helped, moth would get this warrior out of the den.

Galepaw
@Rose

The Tuxedo had been off to the side of the commotion, making sure there wasn't anyone left behind...well he liked to believe he was helping. Truth be told he couldn't see a thing, and even though he was terrified of what was happening, he wanted to be helpful. More than just a stumbling pair of paws running for water. He had become an apprentice and he would be damned if he didn't sprint straight to Warrior.

Ears perked as watched as an idiot went...the opposite way. Ears pinned to his skull, the fluffy apprentice let out, what could only be akin to, a squawk of disbelief. "Are you daft?? What are you doing?!" he chirped, turning heel and sprinting towards the bumbling fool. As he opened his mouth to continue to question the other's decisions his ears picked up a call of help.

Almost immediately it felt like his blood froze, rush of adrenaline zipping through him. His paws never stopped though, instead of focusing on the Apprentice, he zeroed in on where the sound was coming from. And who! Galepaw noticed right away the familiar idiot who was being held in another Apprentice's jaws. "That's my mentor!" he hollered. Picking up speed.

He couldn't become a Warrior if his mentor was crispy. Skidding to a halt the Tuxedo went to grab at her scruff as well. He had no idea where else to pick up, where to prop her up at, nothing. He'd just become an apprentice and he was already getting tested. "Wait, hold on, lay her across my back, she's pretty small I'm sure she's really light too." a lie through his teeth. He'd never trained, he had no idea how heavy the full grown feline was. Either way he said it aloud, and he wouldn't take it back and admit defeat.

So, the Apprentice moved to wiggle beneath the warrior, hopefully Mothpaw had propped her up slightly more so it could work.

Alchemist Kitsune April 12th, 2023 10:04 PM

https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums...ictureid=36623

Fire?! Here? Dapplebreeze let shock wash over here momentarily as she rushed out of the warriors' den. Surely only the squirrels had to deal with something as big scale as this, what with all those trees just begging to be eaten by the voracious embers. And yet here she was. Amidst a turbulent storm of dark gloom and chaos. Such smoke in the air could only mean one thing. They needed to leave. Now!

Blinking the smoke that watered her eyes away, the patched queen shook the numbness aside. It would do her or anyone else for that matter no good to simply stand with mouth agape at this scene. She was a warrior, it was high time she acted like one! There was screaming, yowling, and agony all around. The first thing to do was focus. Find the ones you know first, and once you locate them, find the ones you might forget. Leave no one behind, not if you can help it!

Blue eyes quickly scoured the camp, her tan legs walking briskly amongst her clanmates, helping some who faltered up among the way and nudging wayward kits in the right direction. Right... who was she looking for? Bravebird, her daughter? Estranged they might be at the moment, but the lynx point's lack of memory made her no less love her. Her heart swelled with pride in an instant, locating her next to the medicine cat apprentice, pulling one said squirrel who seemed to be down for the counting already. Right! That was one kit down... now where was the next? Ah, yes! Ryepaw was already heading out, thank the stars! This fire was no place for an apprentice. The sooner he could leave, the better chances he'd be safe before it reached them.

Stoic mask faltering, Dapplebreeze's eyes grew wide with fear. Apprentice... Moorpaw... Where was her apprentice?! Round, soft furred head swiveling with urgency as she searched for the familiar, dusky pelt, she spotted what she searched for soon enough. Dipping into... the nursery!? Moors and sky, she must be searching for any kits left behind! Well, she wouldn't be letting the darling pass such dangers alone! She would rather burn together than leave her charge to perish alone.

Tan legs swift as the wind, the former queen rushed behind Moorpaw, catching up in time to see her call out to... Wolfkit. She was... trying to get little Wolfkit out! Oh thank StarClan the darling had thought to look in here! Why, precious Wolfkit might have been lost forever! Waving her tail in the air, the patched warrior looked around, trying to catch sight of any other kit or queen left behind while encouraging both apprentice and kit to follow her. Daring and worthy of praise Moorpaw might be, but there was no denying the longer they stayed here the less chance they had of making it out alive. As her mentor, it was her duty to ensure the apprentice's safety and well being, and she took that duty seriously. As far as she was concerned, Moorpaw was as good as one of hers.

"This way, my dears. Be careful to keep your heads low. Don't want to breath in that nasty smoke. Come now. I'll lead you to the river," Dapplebreeze mewed, calling out to any still stuck inside.

-

@Abyssopelagic [Moorpaw] | @perseus. [Wolfkit]
| Open to anyone that might still be stuck in the nursery who might want to join this group. |

Moonraven April 12th, 2023 10:55 PM

Twilightstar
Her chest was killing her and every breath felt like she was breathing in pure flames. She could feel her heart rapidly pounding in her chest like a drum, yet ignored the pain. Pure adrenalin kept her body moving, they weren't all out. She knew they weren't all out and she didn't want to leave until they were. Her full ear twisted itself towards the cry of her name, but she ignored it as she spotted one of the newer members of WindClan struggling.

Mousedung.” she whispered coming up from behind the kit. “Come here.” Twilightstar grunted, ducking her head in an attempt to scoop up Hazykit. As she turned she spotted Barleybite and could see Beastpaw nearby. She could hear Badgerfoot howling somewhere nearby. StarClan, these boys! “Beastpaw, come here and take her,” Twilightstar called for one son from her place nearby the nursery.

The she-cat moved to give Hazykit to the paw with a stern scowl on her face. “Take Hazykit to the river your sister already left.” The leader turned her head away as a coughing fit erupted. The she-cat needed to breathe in something other than ash and soot or she knew she was going to pass out or worse if did not get proper air into her lungs.

Barleybite, grab her.” She choked out, tail waving in the direction of Tigerkit’s body. Letting her burn like would be a tragedy in itself. “Follow me.” She ordered, actually leading the way out this time. She needed to check on the cats at the river and could return when she didn't feel like she’d cough up a lung. She was no good to anyone dead.

She actually located Badgerfoot on her way out and gave a loud hiss to catch his attention, silently ordering her son to come along, not wanting go worry about him stuck in here. She could still see Clanmates moving far to slow for her liking as they helped each other out of the camp. It left a physical pain to not help them, but she could not remain there without sufficating herself. She was still missing a son, several classmates, and she still had not clue where her deputy had ran off too. She had saw Cowtuft with others and Lightningpaw with Bravebird and someone else. It was so hard keeping track of this clan!

As she left the camp behind, being hit in the face with a gusty wave of smoky smelling clean air, she breath in deeply and coughed leading the way towards the river that border RiverClan’s territory.
@Larissa @carmen @SpiritedWarrior @jupiter

Batglare
A loud growl ripped though Batglare’s chest as Sharpbite came over and panicked and fussed, seriously. “You wanna help go find a cat and take them to the river like our leader ordered or better yet get your ass out of my way.” The old man had absolutely no patience right now. Shoving passed Sharpbite, he moved in aiming to grab Smallwing by her scruff and pick her up. The queen clearly couldn't remain on his back and she was light enough that her weight didn't throw Batglare off too much.

He proceeds to move the queen into the moor, he stops at the half way point to set her down in the grass And waited for Cowtuft to take over. He wasn't interested in remaining to help, but waited to see if he was need before heading back into camp. The fresh air helped calmed his fried nerves as well, and gave him a second to get his breath back.
@x ghostie @|~Ju-Ju-Is-A-Maniac~|

Poprock April 12th, 2023 11:11 PM

@Starfall @Larissa (HELP THE BOY)
Leafpaw wasn't prepared for the way the smog clogged up his lungs and slowed his movements. He felt like he was in a dream... or a nightmare. The screams of his clanmates as they succumbed to the smog rendered him still in his slog toward the nursery, suddenly very much regretting his decision to play hero. But his blue eyes had caught a moving form at the entrance, and he would not leave until he knew that lump of fur still had a chance to survive. That was until he was stopped in his tracks by an irritating squawk.

He sent a glare Galepaw's way, not at all appreciating the attitude. Well excuuuuuuuuse me, princess! He thought sassily, sending a quick look of annoyed confusion the apprentice's way before he turned and ran off somewhere else. Well then. Once this whole ordeal was over, Leafpaw would be sure to keep far, far away from the odd apprentice. Or whack him with a stick. Both worked.

ANYWAYS!! There was a child in need of saving, and unless there were anymore distractions. With a deep breath for courage, Leafpaw continued his treck towards the nursery.

Just to watch Twilightstar and her group come and scoop up the remaining kits and head out. Welp.

Leafpaw stood there for a moment, unsure of what to do now. Of course he was happy to see the last of the kits get saved... but then what could he do except for choke on the ash like an idiot? Speaking of which.... it was getting much, MUCH harder to breath. The world was dark and his lungs hurt. Maybe that one apprentice with the annoying voice was on to something....

poppy April 12th, 2023 11:31 PM

hazykit
(cw: this post makes references to child abuse, if thats a sensitive topic, proceed with caution)

Someone came up from behind her, and Hazykit let out a fearful, high pitched squeak, twisting around trying to escape before recognizing Twi. Trying to calm her racing heart and rapid breath, the molly clung to the lilac leader with shaking dappled paws. Okay. She was okay. things were okay. The mottled kitten heard Twi talking, but she didn't really pay attention, gasping in ashy and sooty air as she accidentally moved her paw from shielding her mouth.

"Is Fallow-"

Trying to clear her throat as Twi shoved her off to a younger tom, and the bruises on the side of her body made her gasp in pain and discomfort. Then, she looked up at Beastpaw, and she froze. the large tom looked strikingly like her father. A large, unfamiliar tomcat who didn't look threatening.... but she knew better than anyone how good some cat's acting skills were. A look of pure, raw terror covered her face, and her paws instinctively rose to protect herself.

Then, she remembered something.

Her moss ball.

Where was her mossball? The only thing she brought from her old home. Her only friend. "M-my mo-mossball." She wheezed, twisting around. The moss ball she had trekked across the territory for. her comfort toy. "Please. It's on my nest." A sense of deja vu dragged her back to her and her group abandoning the Swooping Cliffs. Being pulled away from her beloved toy. "I need it. Mister, please." Smoke clogged her throat, and she moved her bruised body to try and pull herself away.

This wasn't a kit throwing a temper tantrum. This was her needing her moss ball desperately. She had been cuddling it on her nest. How had she forgotten? Her paw quivered as she tried to pull away and sprint to the nursery. "I need it, I need it. Please, please mister." Tears streamed down her smoke stained face as she looked at the nursery with such horror you would think she was watching her best friend in the whole world about burn alive.

And to be honest, she really was.

[ @Moonraven @carmen @Poprock - since the original plot didn't work out, maybe he could zoom in there and get the mossball? that would basically become the equivalent of making her list of favorite cats, so they can still start off their friendship haha :heartbounce: ]

Alchemist Kitsune April 12th, 2023 11:38 PM

Lightningpaw

This whole. Pulling. Cats. Out. Was... Not. Her. Thing! How were warriors so heavy? Stars above! This was it. This was how she died. Not the fire reaching and claiming her. Just exhaustion from trying to move this feline!

Digging dainty paws into the ground, a little huff escaped Lightningpaw as she tried pulling on Aspenstrike one more time, only to find herself actually making progress this time! Eyes growing wide in shock, the molly looked to the side as she felt a pelt brush against hers, only to see Bravebird helping her drag the guardian to safety. A look of earnest gratitude flashing in her eyes, the lithe calico continued helping. Clearly this was entirely Bravebird's doing, but the apprentice was certain she would feel useless if she just stayed to a side to look at her.

Once far enough that they felt safe, Lightningpaw panted a hurried thanks to the warrior, knowing fully well she wasn't out of the moors yet. Little paws bapping at Aspenstrike's nose, the apprentice was at a loss of what to do. They couldn't well drag the warrior all the way to the river! The fire racing through the moors would no doubt catch up to them if they did, assuming the smoke inhalation didn't render them in the same state as the unconscious guardian. At least... she assumed it was the smoke that had done her in like this. It was certainly... potent smelling. And was beginning to make her feel faint. She just... needed this warrior to wake up. Now!

"Come on, come on! Please wake up! You need to wake up! Come on... your family's gonna be worried for you! You need to go meet up with them... please!" Lightningpaw mewed, prodding and shaking the warrior in an attempt to wake her, unwilling to leave her but uncertain what to do. Oh... why couldn't she be more like Cowtuft? He'd know what to do! And if not he could at least carry her to the river himself! Useless! That's what she was! But Aspenstrike was going to wake up... she had to wake up. Right?

-

@jupiter [Aspenstrike] | @tallulah [Bravebird]

stag April 12th, 2023 11:49 PM

BARLEYBITE

Yes ma’am! But I want you out too! You need to get out of here and head to the river, Twilightstar. You cannot save everyone, are you listening to me?! That is just how the world works, I will see who I can find and bring them with me. Okay? I can promise you that at least. Now, please! Get the damn river!” He demanded the leader, she wouldn’t be dying on his watch, and with that she was gone, leading a few other after her. “Beastpaw! You can either follow me or follow after your mother, I’m grabbing Tigerkit and anyone who can’t get out by themselves, you’re welcome to help me, but I don’t want you-” the apprentice was cut out by the sudden charge of ash and burning in his lungs and mouth. Only speaking once he stopped coughing. “I don’t want you get caught in all this ash.

He would only see about 5 pawsteps ahead of him as he searched the camp one last time. Leafpaw! Although his previous yell had left his voice almost silent as he tried to gasp for air in the ash and soot. The heat from the blaze now causing him to feel unsteady in the camp. The camp he had just been allowed to return too, now gone in about a quarter the time taken for sun to get to its peak. Leafpaw. He muttered in his head. His eyes stung and badly they felt like they were right next to fire now. Leafpaw! He lunges forwards landing next to the apprentice and grabbing him by the scruff of the neck.. No time to wait for a response when this place is about to be an open portal to the darkforest in a matter of mere minutes.
The warrior felt like he was practically on fire, just like Tigerkit had been. Speaking of Tigerkit, the warrior slowly made his way (with Leafpaw still in his jaws) back to Tigerkit’s body. How was he gonna do this-
Then even with everything burning and clogging his lungs to the point of him losing feeling in his throat for the time being he slowed down for the first time today.

His world was in flames.

Setting down the apprentice for a moment to breathe and to fling the younger cats dead body on his back and picking the apprentice up again. He was slower now but he was mostly fine.
Tigerkit wasn’t that difficult, somewhat. But with the addition of Leafpaw this was going to be a process. Could he just get out of camp long enough for Leafpaw to be able to walk? Yeah! That’s what he would do.
The warrior slowly and carefully made his way through the camp entrance and into the territory. “Leafpaw? You gotta be able to walk buddy, you just gotta take shallow breaths, you hear me? Shallow, careful breaths.” he rasps out of his maw as he stops a good distance away from the blaze. They weren’t close to the border, but he didn’t think any of them could run. No, not with Tigerkit, and he refused to leave Leafpaw behind.

[ Not me forgetting to add pp perms were given lol thank you pop ]

@Moonraven @Poprock @~_LuzNoceda_~

lio April 12th, 2023 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ameko (Post 1400701)
Goldenpaw » @lio
For the first night since he'd fallen ill, Goldenpaw slept soundly. Most days he would wake to any little noise, but last night he'd fallen into his nest and snoozed like the dead. Which, of course, did not bode well for him when the first yowl that rang through the camp didn't reach his ears. Grumbling, he nuzzled his head under his paws. Then another yowl. And another. And it was warm, he noted while still in a dream-like haze. It was a welcome comfort, after having been unable to shake the cold that clung to his pelt like burrs.

Then his next shallow inhale brought with it smoke, thick and sharp, that clogged his throat and had him involuntarily hacking for air. Goldenpaw's eyes flew open and he leapt to his paws, unfocused gaze darting around wildly. The tendrils of his dream fell away, forgotten, as he pushed his way out of the apprentices' den and into the clearing. It was bright—why was it so bright? And hot, he couldn't breathe—

Fire? That was the word he heard screamed out, but it took him moments to process the reality of the situation. His eyes caught the raging inferno in the distance, consuming the moor, and Goldenpaw's legs gave out from underneath him. He coughed, weaker this time, trying to struggle back to his paws. He needed to get up, the smoke was getting so thick and staying right where he was seemed like a very bad idea. His heart raced, blood thumping rapidly in his ears, and his wide, burning eyes looked desperately around for one familiar face. Brackenheart. Brackenheart, where was he? He needed his dad.

Another caterwaul reached him, breaking through his terrified thoughts. The river! With newfound energy, he brought himself fully to his paws and took a couple struggling steps in the direction of the other fleeing cats. He was fine, he wasn't going to lay down and cry like a kit just because of a little smoke and fire. But even as he thought that, his body once again reminded him just how weak he was after recovering from the snow fever. He coughed violently, mouth agape, and what little breaths he could get in came in short, fast bouts. His throat burned. Tears pricked at the edge of his vision, and he dug his claws into the ground to keep from collapsing. He felt like if he even tried to move, his whole body would just give out on him.

https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-...521?1680505194
MOTHPAW
fluffy cream feline with a stumpy tail and green eyes.
he/they + neos

With the approach of Galepaw and Dapplebreeze, Mothpaw took a step back and allowed them to take over the carrying of Berryfrost. Too many focusing on one warrior would only slow them down, after all, and he didn't want to impede on the rescuing of the unconscious feline. As they retreated from the others, the cream colored apprentice looked around the camp once more. Almost everyone had evacuated by now, right?

Then he caught sight of golden fur. Mothpaw blinked against the smoke, rasping out a cough as he approached the sight. Ah, Goldenpaw! Why hadn't he escaped already? Was something wrong? Surely the tom had recovered enough from the Snow Fever to be able to make it out safely...

Shaking their head, Mothpaw darted toward Goldenpaw, nudging the other apprentice's shoulder. "Come on, lean on me, we need to get you out of here," he mumbled, voice rasping from the smoke inhalation. It was difficult to speak, but moth tried moth's best, attempting to get Goldenpaw to lean against him. "Goldenpaw, we need to get going, now. Please, let's go."

Hoping that the tom was listening, Mothpaw began to attempt to lead him out of camp, watching closely to be sure nothing was wrong.

Poprock April 13th, 2023 12:06 AM

@Larissa @jupiter @carmen - Beastboy mention
---
Ok Leafpaw was definitely losing it. The world was growing dark, but his insides felt alight with flames. If it weren't for Barleybite picking him up, putting him back down, and instructing him to take shallow breaths he surely would have passed out. He was going to make it out as long as the warrior was with him... he was going to be ok. Right?

Oh stars, he was burning up. His skin felt like it could melt off of his bones at any moment. His chest burned. In the back of his head, Leafpaw wondered if Starclan was punishing Windclan for some unknown crime. That was the only reason such a horribly painful thing could ascend upon his home.

One cry wrang out amongst the others, and Leafpaw couldn't help but turn his head. It was the lump of fur from before, now distinctly more cat like as she hung from Twilightstar's jaws, then Beastpaw's. And she was crying. Wailing. For... a moss ball? He blinked, feeling his eyes sting with the effort. The kit wanted her moss ball... and he was going to get it. She needed a hero.

"HYAAAAAAAAAH!" He shouted, sprinting away from Barleybite with a surge of energy, eyes zeroed in on the moss ball. He pushed away the pain from the cry in his throat, pushed away the cracking in his paw pads. That kit needed her moss ball. If Leafpaw did one thing before he burned to a crisp it would be letting Hazykit experience happiness in this moment. Even if it was fleeting.

Quickly snagging the tiny ball, Leafpaw wobbled out of the nursery and caught up to where Beastpaw and Hazykit were. Without a word, barely even a glance in their direction, he handed off the prized possession to the kit. I didn't die... somehow.... now I just gotta.... PHEW.... I gotta get back to that guy. Shallow breaths.

Somehow he managed to make his way back to Barleybite and push against the warrior's side. It was time to leave now.

RavensCall April 13th, 2023 12:07 AM

Willowkit ran as fast as she could, her tiny legs wobbling. The flames roared behind her, and she felt a burning sensation as fire climbed up her leg. "COWTUFT! FALLOWNOSE, TWILIGHTSTAR! LIGHTNINGPAW! HELP!" The chocolate tabby she-cat screamed, as smoke filled her lungs.

(FYI, she will not be dying) @Moonraven @Lillian @x ghostie @Alchemist Kitsune