Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   RiverClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   RiverClan Leader's Den (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35)

ThePiffle January 18th, 2022 04:14 PM

Re: RiverClan Leader's Den

Horsetail, Horsepaw nodded, he accepted his punishment. "Anything else," he sighed. His ears pinned down and his face full of sorrow, he got up slowly, but sat back down. He was weak, he hadn't eaten in three days. He shook himself back into reality, his eyes lifted to Kestrelstar, "Yes Kestrelstar, right away, I once again, am sorry for my actions," he croaked, he lifted his paw out and touched Kestrelstar on the shoulder. He winced expecting a blow, but one did not yet come. "Thank you," he rasped, his throat dry and cracked, "For the second chance," he meowed mournfully, his eyes full of tears. The sorrow of letting down his clan and losing Silverspot had got to him.

@#rev @Papaya @arden

dino. January 18th, 2022 05:16 PM

// @arden

>Goosefury<
Though annoyance was most present in his expression, it faded and was replaced with concern as he drank in his leader's appearance. Fur dull and mussed, expression vacant, den messy, voice disinterested. Goosefury swallowed as he ran his gaze over the scene. Kestrelstar wasn't doing very well, was he?

For the moment, he decided to shove Horsepaw out of his mind. "I can take over Pebblepaw's training, if you'd like," he offered. "I don't mind being in charge of two apprentices."

WinterMara January 18th, 2022 08:17 PM

| Whitepaw of Riverclan |

' 'Kestralstar.' ' her voice was quiet and somber, a bit muffled too due to what was once a kit being in her mouth. She plopped him down before saying. ' 'Can we talk?' ' it was hard to read the molly's expression, she looked near emotionless yet so, depressed.

| @arden

wolfie January 20th, 2022 10:03 PM

@Liilly // technically codpaw/codwhisper's assessment isn't finished but figured i would group him in here because he's already a warrior atm //
The Dark Lord stared at the entrance of the leader's den, hesitating for a moment before entering. Stars, it was quite strange to interact with someone you had less tasteful views on. Wormbite dipped his head in greeting, allowing his gaze to drift towards the ground. "Codpaw's and .., " He cleared his throat, uncomfortable at the similar name, "Shimmerpaw's assessment went well. Both are sufficient in each section. I do not.. see anything that needs to be improved - clearly they can work well on their own, " Wormbite explained, rolling his shoulders. "Shimmerpaw is smart. Nervous, but smart. Codpaw has an ambitious spirit to him.. He is determined, " He added onto his previous statement. Both of them were similar - there was not much to say.

~Sayonara~ January 23rd, 2022 12:45 PM

[ @Liilly ]

Rainkit peeked into the leader's den, gazing around curiously and smiles before slipping inside, having the blueish-black tom-kit follow behind and she hops around, purring. "I am Rainstar of RiverClan!" she mews gleefully, sniffing around and making herself at home in the empty den. Kestrelstar was nowhere to be seen so she felt solace in that fact that she can just hang around without being scolded. She made sure not to get too comfortable, though—but she was tempted to.

starry January 26th, 2022 02:53 AM

[ @arden ]

Hesitating, Mistypaw stepped into the den, looking at the leader with her clear gaze, trying to stop the tears from coming. She knew he felt the pain to, the pain of Stormtalon being gone. The bare realization was enough to break her. "I.. I.." Mistypaw couldn't bring the words out of her throat. "Kestrelstar, I don't want to talk with you about this if you don't want to," she choked out, sensing the leader being very uncomfortable, talking about Stormtalon.

Akira January 26th, 2022 06:05 PM

Ah yes. Everything was going according to plan: his moms were out hunting, his siblings were busy playing (and probably bullying Cloverkit, which he would deal with later), and no one seemed to spot him. Perfect. It was all going smoothly.

Once he was sure no one saw him, Goosekit marched towards the leaders' den, his little body crouched to make himself seem smaller. Luckily, no one seemed to spot him, and he reached the entrance with relative ease. Yes! Mission accomplished.

"I'm in," Goosekit whispered to himself, wiggling into the den. He looked around: where was Birdsomethingsomethingstar? Wasn't he supposed to be here? He ha some complaints that were obviously important! Come on!

@spade

plum February 1st, 2022 01:33 AM

Desire was the strangest thing- An emotion known to so many yet not often closely inspected. Plumstorm would analyze every inch of herself if she needed to just for her own peace- What every thought and feeling meant, what she could do about them, what she would do. Why would she want to stay close to Kestrelstar's side, when he'd hurt her so much in the past? Knowinly, unknowingly. What would it mean if the silver shield never left the comfortable confines of his den tonight, when she'd been so close to leaving everything behind entirely- Including this tom standing before her?

There was so much going on outside of this den, outside of her ever-shrinking world of safety, of comfort. Of being okay. She often felt like a leaf bobbing on the waves of the sea- rolling up and down, never able to stabilize itself. The push and the pull of everything around her, cats or thoughts or subconscious things, rolled over the molly like a swift and endless tide. If Kestrelstar had not come across her out there, perhaps that leaf could have finally settled on the sandy sea floor somewhere, out of the current and out of sight. But he found her. And she returned home. And... That was that.

It was supposed to be a good thing, and yet she was almost sad. Was there a reward for bearing so much pain by the time one reached the true finish line? Or were they meant to take in the littler pleasures whenever they could, and ignore the rest of the race? "Then don't leave. Stay." Four words, and exactly what Plumstorm needed to hear from him in this moment.

The she-cat shuts her eyes as she leans into him. Their heads were together. It was as if pressing their foreheads to one another could convey everything they weren't saying aloud in silence. Maybe if she felt something strongly enough he would know it... But, oh, just how sad would that make him? As her nose meets his in such a delicate effort, her eyes lift to find his gaze. After a moment, he would be able to feel her tail come to twist around his own. She had no words to offer him now, nothing else to break the peace. Anything she'd have thought to say, she probably would have tried to send to him silently through touch. There wasn't much, but it was a quiet and solemn intimacy far too brittle for any spoken language.

ThePiffle February 4th, 2022 04:59 PM

The blue-eyed tom drifted slowly, and cautiously into the leader's den. "Kestrelstar? I don't mean to bother you, but I just want to ask if I may leave the camp. To Firefly Cove." He looked around the den, it was messy, but that didn't bother him, he knew what Kestrelstar was going through. "Er...Silverspot and I used to go on walks there, but I promise if I go I'll pick up some prey," his voice broke a bit. The tom moved his tired gaze to Kestrelstar, he looked almost as bad as himself. But he didn't want to make any assumptions.

"Hey, Kestrelstar, you doing all right?" he meowed softly. His face had genuine concern. He might be mourning, but he's not oblivious.

spade February 6th, 2022 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsertCoolNameHere (Post 1132047)
Horsetail, Horsepaw nodded, he accepted his punishment. "Anything else," he sighed. His ears pinned down and his face full of sorrow, he got up slowly, but sat back down. He was weak, he hadn't eaten in three days. He shook himself back into reality, his eyes lifted to Kestrelstar, "Yes Kestrelstar, right away, I once again, am sorry for my actions," he croaked, he lifted his paw out and touched Kestrelstar on the shoulder. He winced expecting a blow, but one did not yet come. "Thank you," he rasped, his throat dry and cracked, "For the second chance," he meowed mournfully, his eyes full of tears. The sorrow of letting down his clan and losing Silverspot had got to him.

@#rev @Papaya @arden

Quote:

Originally Posted by Papaya (Post 1132114)
// @arden

>Goosefury<
Though annoyance was most present in his expression, it faded and was replaced with concern as he drank in his leader's appearance. Fur dull and mussed, expression vacant, den messy, voice disinterested. Goosefury swallowed as he ran his gaze over the scene. Kestrelstar wasn't doing very well, was he?

For the moment, he decided to shove Horsepaw out of his mind. "I can take over Pebblepaw's training, if you'd like," he offered. "I don't mind being in charge of two apprentices."

Irritation was making its way well underneath his fur as Kestrelstar heard the tom sit back down. Lips pulled back in a snarl as the leader cast a glare over his shoulder. "Eat something, for Stars' sake. You look skinnier than a WindClanner." His gaze was firm as it bore into Horsepaw, lingering momentarily before shifting to Goosefury. There was something in the Shield's tone that registered to him as worry. It made him want to scoff. To strike out with a claw. This pain that he felt... no one understood. "Yes. Make sure this mouse-brain's mistakes do not delay her training." In the end, he spoke with a neutral, disinterested tone as he dismissed both cats with a flick of his tail, turning once more and settling back into his nest.

[ no need to reply! just wanted to wrap this up ]

Quote:

Originally Posted by WinterMara (Post 1132294)
| Whitepaw of Riverclan |

' 'Kestralstar.' ' her voice was quiet and somber, a bit muffled too due to what was once a kit being in her mouth. She plopped him down before saying. ' 'Can we talk?' ' it was hard to read the molly's expression, she looked near emotionless yet so, depressed.

| @arden

Today had been... okay. For once, Kestrelstar had awoken early with no recollection of the nightmares that plagued his sleep. No shadowy paths, no haunting whispers that breezed past his ears and tangled themselves into his fur. His paws weren't as shaky and his eyes were brighter. He had even taken a piece of prey from the fresh-kill pile and finished the entire morsal. Slowly but surely things were fading away - the grief, the sorrow, the pain. It still hurt, but... maybe he was getting better at handling it.

So when a familiar voice sounded at the entrance of his den, Kestrelstar lifted his head from his grooming. He felt ready to face any cat that might walk into his space today. "Whitepaw, how are you doing toda-" the leader began, though the rest of the question was cut short as he turned around, yellow eyes going from the face of the apprentice to the fluffball she dropped on his den floor. A fluffball that... had once been alive.

Suddenly his blood went cold and his throat felt tight and - dear stars was it getting hot in here? Shifting uncomfortably, Kestrelstar blinked to try to regain his composure, shifting his gaze up to the apprentice. Her expression. The frost that covered the lifeless kit. "...What... happened?" His tone was raspy and somewhat ragged as he felt all of the work, the progress for today, shatter like glass within him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by x ghostie (Post 1133526)
@Liilly // technically codpaw/codwhisper's assessment isn't finished but figured i would group him in here because he's already a warrior atm //
The Dark Lord stared at the entrance of the leader's den, hesitating for a moment before entering. Stars, it was quite strange to interact with someone you had less tasteful views on. Wormbite dipped his head in greeting, allowing his gaze to drift towards the ground. "Codpaw's and .., " He cleared his throat, uncomfortable at the similar name, "Shimmerpaw's assessment went well. Both are sufficient in each section. I do not.. see anything that needs to be improved - clearly they can work well on their own, " Wormbite explained, rolling his shoulders. "Shimmerpaw is smart. Nervous, but smart. Codpaw has an ambitious spirit to him.. He is determined, " He added onto his previous statement. Both of them were similar - there was not much to say.

Turning his head from where he sat further in his den, Kestrelstar recognized the voice and scent of Wormbite. He remained silent as the shield reported on the progress of the two apprentices, nodding along before rising to his paws and padding over. "Good. It is definitely about time they're made warriors. Thank you for handling their assessment, Wormbite," he replied, nodding to the tom even though he was pretty sure he could not see it. An idea sparked in his mind as well about perhaps asking for his expertise in an area that Kestrelstar wanted himself and RiverClan to learn more about - but that could be dealt with later. "If that's all, make sure you grab something from the fresh-kill pile. I know our hunting patrols have been bringing back quite a bit."

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jae (Post 1134667)
[ @Liilly ]

Rainkit peeked into the leader's den, gazing around curiously and smiles before slipping inside, having the blueish-black tom-kit follow behind and she hops around, purring. "I am Rainstar of RiverClan!" she mews gleefully, sniffing around and making herself at home in the empty den. Kestrelstar was nowhere to be seen so she felt solace in that fact that she can just hang around without being scolded. She made sure not to get too comfortable, though—but she was tempted to.

It was rather hilarious how most of the kits that came in here were so naive. Too often they did not use their senses, check their surroundings. It only served to reinforce the idea that they should stay in the nursery - and especially stay within camp walls. From the shadows of the corner of his den Kestrelstar watched as Rainkit emerged into the dim lighting. He let her go on for a moment - whiskers twitching in amusement at the declaration of her promoting herself to the position of leader.

"Well, Rainstar, what will be your first act as leader?" Stepping out from where he'd been sitting, dark fur having added to aiding him in his hiding, Kestrelstar flicked his yellow gaze down to her, taking a seat nearby. There was a small twinge of displeasure, but he shoved it down for now. That was part of trying to be better, right? Feeling annoyed but not acting on it? Hopefully it was because it definitely felt like growth to him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormQueen (Post 1136195)

[ @arden ]

Hesitating, Mistypaw stepped into the den, looking at the leader with her clear gaze, trying to stop the tears from coming. She knew he felt the pain to, the pain of Stormtalon being gone. The bare realization was enough to break her. "I.. I.." Mistypaw couldn't bring the words out of her throat. "Kestrelstar, I don't want to talk with you about this if you don't want to," she choked out, sensing the leader being very uncomfortable, talking about Stormtalon.

Seeing her face, the emotion that dwelled beneath the surface, Kestrelstar felt something in him almost relax. Most of the Clan grieved Stormtalon, but not in the way he did. Not in the way Plumstorm, or Snakeheart, or even Mistypaw did. They knew the tom beneath the calculating, cold green eyes, beneath the flashing claws and the mistakes he had made. They knew his heart, and the intentions he had behind every action whether good or bad or unspoken of. So in a way, it was almost comforting to see Mistypaw step up before him; at last, someone who could understand what he was dealing with.

"...I do." His words were soft at first, yellow gaze rising from where it had fallen to her paws. A mixture of grief, of sorrow, and even of relief swirled in his eyes. "...What do you want to know?" He knew from her expression that no one had told her the truth behind her former mentor's disappearance yet, so that task fell to him. As it should; no one else in RiverClan should have this burden.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ritsuka (Post 1136581)
Ah yes. Everything was going according to plan: his moms were out hunting, his siblings were busy playing (and probably bullying Cloverkit, which he would deal with later), and no one seemed to spot him. Perfect. It was all going smoothly.

Once he was sure no one saw him, Goosekit marched towards the leaders' den, his little body crouched to make himself seem smaller. Luckily, no one seemed to spot him, and he reached the entrance with relative ease. Yes! Mission accomplished.

"I'm in," Goosekit whispered to himself, wiggling into the den. He looked around: where was Birdsomethingsomethingstar? Wasn't he supposed to be here? He ha some complaints that were obviously important! Come on!

@spade

Another day, another kit who seemed to wander in under the impression they were alone. This time Kestrelstar had witnessed the den breach from across camp. Still new to camp and the rules perhaps, and it was definitely something to speak to Swansong and Rosyfrost about later, though he knew the two she-cats had their paws full with Bearspot's kits as well.

Padding in after the young kit, Kestrelstar took a seat at the entrance of his den behind him. "I see you managed to sneak your way in here without anyone noticing," the leader began in a soft purr, before his smile faltered. "Well, almost."

Quote:

Originally Posted by InsertCoolNameHere (Post 1140946)
The blue-eyed tom drifted slowly, and cautiously into the leader's den. "Kestrelstar? I don't mean to bother you, but I just want to ask if I may leave the camp. To Firefly Cove." He looked around the den, it was messy, but that didn't bother him, he knew what Kestrelstar was going through. "Er...Silverspot and I used to go on walks there, but I promise if I go I'll pick up some prey," his voice broke a bit. The tom moved his tired gaze to Kestrelstar, he looked almost as bad as himself. But he didn't want to make any assumptions.

"Hey, Kestrelstar, you doing all right?" he meowed softly. His face had genuine concern. He might be mourning, but he's not oblivious.

Camp life had been running pretty smoothly, and most cats continued about their day. For Kestrelstar, however, the tom was finding it difficult to complete his duties today. First Stormtalon had been taken too soon, and last night had been Talonkit's burial. Too many deaths in such a short span of time, though luckily he knew he could now lean on Plumstorm or Snakeheart if needed. It offered him a small slice of solace in such a troubling time.

Hearing a voice at the entrance of his den that slipped in, the leader turned his gaze towards Horsepaw. He had not yet heard any report on how he was handling his punishment, and yet here he was asking to leave camp? "I'm unsure if you're aware how demotion works, Horsepaw," Kestrelstar rasped, shifting so that he was facing the tom. At the name of the traitor who had led rogues to camp, he growled. "No. You remain in camp as long as you are demoted. I have not heard anything yet that reassures me that you remain loyal to this Clan." Narrowing his gaze, he watched Horsepaw and simply ignored his latter question of him asking if he was alright; he didn't deserve an answer to that, he wasn't close with this tom.