Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   ShadowClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   ShadowClan Territory (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28)

Starfall October 30th, 2016 10:35 AM

Re: ShadowClan Territory

Sheepface padded into the territory, her small black paws made no sound as they stepped on twigs and leafs. The white she cat crouched and flicked her tail, her green eyes focused on her prey, and she slowly began to inch forward. As soon as she was close enough to pounce a small twig snapped and alerted the mouse. The white she cat flicked her ears and tried to catch the mouse before it reached its barrow, but she wasn't quick enough. Sheepface sigh d in defeat and look d around to make sure no one saw her mistake.

monfang October 30th, 2016 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfall (Post 12858)
Sheepface padded into the territory, her small black paws made no sound as they stepped on twigs and leafs. The white she cat crouched and flicked her tail, her green eyes focused on her prey, and she slowly began to inch forward. As soon as she was close enough to pounce a small twig snapped and alerted the mouse. The white she cat flicked her ears and tried to catch the mouse before it reached its barrow, but she wasn't quick enough. Sheepface sigh d in defeat and look d around to make sure no one saw her mistake.

Like always, Moonfang sat in the shadows, watching all the other warriors. Her gaze rested on Sheepface, and she tilted her head slightly. Moonfang's speed was remarkable but she never bragged. She never really spoke. Her orange eyes were the only things visible on her, for the black top of her pelt let her blend in with the shadows. She stepped out slowly, not making a sound. She was surprisingly light on her feet, despite her weakened paw. She sat down softly, and looked. "H-Hi..." she said softly. She had become a bit more open since the birth of her kits, but not in significance. "It's, uh, Sheepface, right?" she asked, trying to show no threatening pose. She wasn't the threatening type.

Starfall October 30th, 2016 10:53 AM

Sheepface jumped slightly as she heard a voice from behind her, after a few seconds of processing the white she cat smiled sweetly "it is, and your name is moonfang correct. Nice to officially meet you." She said happily, and sat down, n and atly wrapping her tail around her black paws. "I've only heard rumors about you, but I was never able to see you in person, but now I am." Sheepface giggled but then realized that she may be coming off as creepy and gave the other warrior a sheepish smile "sorry, I'm just....excited I don't really get a whole ton of friends, so..." The white she cat trailed off and shuffled her paws unsure of what else to say.

monfang October 30th, 2016 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfall (Post 12892)
Sheepface jumped slightly as she heard a voice from behind her, after a few seconds of processing the white she cat smiled sweetly "it is, and your name is moonfang correct. Nice to officially meet you." She said happily, and sat down, n and atly wrapping her tail around her black paws. "I've only heard rumors about you, but I was never able to see you in person, but now I am." Sheepface giggled but then realized that she may be coming off as creepy and gave the other warrior a sheepish smile "sorry, I'm just....excited I don't really get a whole ton of friends, so..." The white she cat trailed off and shuffled her paws unsure of what else to say.

Moonfang smiled and chuckled. "That makes the two of us." she said. Her slight British accent gave her a friendly feel. "Say, I need some help. I need to gather food for my kits and yet I can't seem to catch one stinkin' mouse." she said, pawing the den of the mouse Sheepface missed. "What about you?" he asked, her smile revealing she saw her mistake.

Starfall October 30th, 2016 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonfang (Post 12904)

Moonfang smiled and chuckled. "That makes the two of us." she said. Her slight British accent gave her a friendly feel. "Say, I need some help. I need to gather food for my kits and yet I can't seem to catch one stinkin' mouse." she said, pawing the den of the mouse Sheepface missed. "What about you?" he asked, her smile revealing she saw her mistake.

Sheepface let out an airy giggle and nodded "oh, I know the feeling." She said looking at moonfang with amusement sparkling in her eyes. The she cat got up and brushed off moss that clung to her pelt and waited for moonfang before she began to walk "so you have kits? What are their names?" She asked, interested and hoping she could get some advice from her new friend.

monfang October 30th, 2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfall (Post 12924)
Sheepface let out an airy giggle and nodded "oh, I know the feeling." She said looking at moonfang with amusement sparkling in her eyes. The she cat got up and brushed off moss that clung to her pelt and waited for moonfang before she began to walk "so you have kits? What are their names?" She asked, interested and hoping she could get some advice from her new friend.

Moonfang smiled. "Well, we got our boys, Dustkit and Sapphirekit, then our girls, Gniesskit, Moonkit, and Crystalkit." she said. She shook out her fur, then looked back at Sheepface. "What about you? Any kits for family?" she asked.

Starfall October 30th, 2016 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonfang (Post 13038)

Moonfang smiled. "Well, we got our boys, Dustkit and Sapphirekit, then our girls, Gniesskit, Moonkit, and Crystalkit." she said. She shook out her fur, then looked back at Sheepface. "What about you? Any kits for family?" she asked.

Sheepface smiled at moonfang "those are lovely names" she purred, then she lost the glint in her eye andnher face fell "oh, no no family or kits....i dont even have a mate yet." She said, her, now, dull green eyes downcast looking at her paws. After a few seconds the glint in her eyes came back and she smiled at the other she cat "but, i still have the rest of my life to find a mate and have so i dont need to worry!" She giggled and the bounce in her step came back "who's your mate?" She asked.

monfang October 30th, 2016 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starfall (Post 13088)
Sheepface smiled at moonfang "those are lovely names" she purred, then she lost the glint in her eye andnher face fell "oh, no no family or kits....i dont even have a mate yet." She said, her, now, dull green eyes downcast looking at her paws. After a few seconds the glint in her eyes came back and she smiled at the other she cat "but, i still have the rest of my life to find a mate and have so i dont need to worry!" She giggled and the bounce in her step came back "who's your mate?" She asked.

"His name is Sapphirestorm. He's a really great tom and has had my back since we met." she replied. "And you are still young. You'll find someone. Just give it time." she chuckled.

Starfall October 30th, 2016 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonfang (Post 13097)

"His name is Sapphirestorm. He's a really great tom and has had my back since we met." she replied. "And you are still young. You'll find someone. Just give it time." she chuckled.

Sheepface let out a breathy laugh "yeah" she sighed then smiled at the other cat "how did you two meet? If you dont mind me asking that is." She asked then spotted a mouse and crouched down, her white fur making it harder for her to hunt. "Found a mouse for your kits." She purred quietly then slowly began to creep forward.

Ever October 30th, 2016 04:17 PM

When Marbledface felt his tail graze her back she felt her own pelt react by tingling to the touch. It was strange receiving affection, or comfort rather, from a cat she barely knew. The mottled warrior barely understood comfort herself, she'd never received it from her mother and her father had been absent. How could you learn how to react to these thing when you had had none displayed to you. She wasn't sure whether to accept and bask in the warmth of the touch and the words he'd told her, that she could tell him anything, or whether to be uncomfortable and only get more distance between herself and him. She opted for the latter and arched her back slightly into his touch, and glanced over at him with eyes bearing relief. "Thank you." She said softly, and then as soon as the words were out his eyes shone with an intensity she often recognized in herself. The sort of fever a hunt brought out in a cat that liked to sink their claws into flesh. It wasn't a bad thing to want to do so, it was instinctual. It didn't make either of them a bad cat, or evil at all, simply made them the wild cats that they were. The challenge brought a confident smile to her maw and her tail flicked with excitement behind her. She sprang into action, her shoulder's soreness long gone and replaced with adrenaline. "Better move fast if you don't want to lose!" She said before springing into action and leaping ahead of him and veering to the right, deep into the marshy territory in hopes of finding an easily catchable frog. @Suspiciousmindz

Hexict November 1st, 2016 06:05 AM

@WarriorBorn

Heading out of the camp, Shrew made sure to be the lead. Despite not knowing the territory all that well, she didn't want to seem incompetent during their hunt. What's up this this guy anyway? She thought, unsheathing her claws as they walk. Why does he think he can just ask about my personal life like that? He has nothing to do with me and Iceclaw and shouldn't try to find a way to pry on that matter, and it upset her that he seemed to think he has some kind of right to know everything about her. Shrew stiffened slightly. She realized that this might just be because he had a lack of trust towards her. If that's the case, than he should just say it out right, not hit my nerves. The pale tabby suddenly stopped as she realized that she didn't know where they were - but of course she wouldn't, she hardly went onto the territory. "Uhh... we should hunt around here," the unsure molly turned towards him, trying to act like she knew what she was doing though she really didn't.

Talon November 1st, 2016 06:42 AM

Tigergrowl let Shrew lead but was upset when she didn't know where she was going. "Hunt here? Fine if you think so," he was hoping that this would make her question her decision. Tigergrowl didn't hate her since he didn't know her, but he did want her to know that she wasn't born here and knew nothing about Shadowclan. "We'll split up and hunt separately," he said and then disappeared into the bushes.

Hexict November 1st, 2016 08:20 AM

Her ears flattened when he said 'if you say so'. She had to urge to either snap at him or ask if something was wrong with this area - but she held her tongue and didn't want to show how little she knew what she was doing. "Yeah, here," she stood a bit taller as if to show that she had faith in her decisions... though she had none. When he stated that they split up, she was ready to tell him that she was in charge despite the fact that neither of them really was, but was too late when he already disappeared. "Whatever," she muttered. Shrew quickly started to head the other way, wanting to catch more prey than him in order to shove it in his nose. Shrew was determined to prove to the warrior that she was good enough for Shadowclan, and then no one would question her past anymore.

She halted after she got some distance and looked around for any kind of prey. The molly was sick of this territory. Ice really seemed to forget to add the whole thing about the marsh and how everything is all muddy, she thought with flattened ears. She heard a rustle and turned towards the sound. She remembered what she had learned while living on her own and dropped into a hunter's crouch. As she approached, her amber orbs fell upon a squirrel. It was a bit scrawny compared at the size of then in New-Leaf and Green-Leaf, but it would do nonetheless. The tabby wiggled her hunches before leaping at it. "Caught ya!" She called when she landed on the grey creature and quickly finished it off. There seemed to be a look of pride on the molly as she held her catch in her jaws.

Casual Scribbles November 2nd, 2016 07:09 PM

@Gusty

Burrpaw paced back and forth. He knew he should be sitting still, listening to Swiftfang, but he just couldn’t. He still kept his ears pricked, listening for instructions. The brown tabby apprentice stared at the stone he was pushing ahead of his paws, the smoth grey surface the exact opposite of his matted fur. As his name implied, burrs and leaves were stuck in the tangled mess of fur.

Gusty November 2nd, 2016 08:03 PM

Swiftfang paced around like a dictator, marching with his Siamese-pelted paws to and fro. With each step, there was a hint of aggression. The leaves crackled and was immediately smushed with each and every footstep the tom made. After a while, the mentor abruptly stopped. His cold bluish green eyes hit his apprentice, and his head raised higher. "We need to do some hunting." The tom began, drawing his paw into the marshy ground.
"First, we will start off simple. A frog'll do, I guess, since we're forced into eating them every day." His eyes narrowed as he concentrated on his apprentice carefully.

Casual Scribbles November 3rd, 2016 03:55 AM

Burrpaw stopped pacing and looked up. His tail fell a bit when he realized what his mentor said. I hate frogs! he thought to himself, but said nothing to his mentor about it. "Yes Swiftfang," his normally cheerful and honey-smooth voice was a bit lower, a bit less joyful. Why did it have to be a frog? The messy-furred apprentice stalked away through the marshy territory, scenting the air evey few steps and watching the few stalks of grass for movement. Finally, he scented the frog and dropped into the best crouch he could do at that moment. Unfortunately it wasn't a correct hunting crouch and probably wouldn't put enough power into Burrpaw's pounce. His paws were stretched a bit too far ahead of him and his backside was in the air a bit. He looked more like he was stretching than attempting to catch his prey.

Gusty November 3rd, 2016 02:38 PM

"That was hunting?" The warrior said, flicking his tail in bitter disappointment. "That was how you go and catch a frog?" He padded up to Burrpaw, not caring about the crunching of leaves under his paw. "Do I need to show you how to hunt again? Are you a kit, or deaf?" His ears were perked up in dominance, and his face was solemn. "Do it again." He snarled, unsheathing his sharp piercing claws. "And be quick about it too. Nobody likes a slow apprentice." His tail flicked, and his eyes burned with great disappointment.

SuspiciousMindz November 3rd, 2016 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ever (Post 13448)
When Marbledface felt his tail graze her back she felt her own pelt react by tingling to the touch. It was strange receiving affection, or comfort rather, from a cat she barely knew. The mottled warrior barely understood comfort herself, she'd never received it from her mother and her father had been absent. How could you learn how to react to these thing when you had had none displayed to you. She wasn't sure whether to accept and bask in the warmth of the touch and the words he'd told her, that she could tell him anything, or whether to be uncomfortable and only get more distance between herself and him. She opted for the latter and arched her back slightly into his touch, and glanced over at him with eyes bearing relief. "Thank you." She said softly, and then as soon as the words were out his eyes shone with an intensity she often recognized in herself. The sort of fever a hunt brought out in a cat that liked to sink their claws into flesh. It wasn't a bad thing to want to do so, it was instinctual. It didn't make either of them a bad cat, or evil at all, simply made them the wild cats that they were. The challenge brought a confident smile to her maw and her tail flicked with excitement behind her. She sprang into action, her shoulder's soreness long gone and replaced with adrenaline. "Better move fast if you don't want to lose!" She said before springing into action and leaping ahead of him and veering to the right, deep into the marshy territory in hopes of finding an easily catchable frog. @Suspiciousmindz

The Bengal let out a playful purr as he watched the she cat bound off in search for prey. Choosing carefully, he swerved away from her path a bit and instead stayed just outside the center of the territory where it was less boggy. He decides that perhaps more prey would be located away from all the water. Maybe he would be able to find a lizard or a squirrel. A squirrel this late into the season would be a blessing.
Jaguarclaw padded swiftly through the undergrowth, pausing every once in a while to agent the air. Nothing so far. Anxiety pricked at his paws. Marbledface could have easily caught something by now. The warriors pace increased until the sudden scent of a blackbird caught his attention. "This should be easy... I can still beat her" he murmured, dropping low to the ground pin pointing the bird at the base of a pine tree. It was distracted so the Tom cat silently crept up on it until he thought he was close enough to strike.
So intent on his catch, he didn't notice the sudden softness of the ground beneath him before his paw with the most weight balanced on it sank into the ground up to just below his knee. He let out a hiss of surprise alerting the black bird and causing it to let out an alarm and disappear into the sky. It happened in heartbeats. Jaguarclaw tried to free his leg but his other forepaw sank in his efforts. Frustrated, the tom stood funny, being half stuck in the mud. He froze, debating whether to push down on his hind legs or not. He feared he might become more stuck.
(Sorry if its not as good as I normally post xD mobile messes me up)

Casual Scribbles November 4th, 2016 05:24 AM

"Sorry, Swiftfang, I'm a bit out of practice." Burrpaw quickly shifted his position, watching for any sign of alarm from the prey. It still sat there, half-buried in the mud. Now the tabby apprentice's paws were pulled beneath him. He kept his hind-quarters down, despite the slight discomfort he felt. I'll catch something else later... The tom's tangled fur collected more leaves, adding to the mess. He pulled himself forward a little bit, then sprang, landing squarely on top of the amphibian. Burrpaw slammed a paw down over its head, killing the poor creature instantly. The apprentice lifted up the frog in his jaws and looked to his mentor with bright, hopeful eyes. "Did I do it right?" His voice was muffled, but bright again, still smoother than honey. It was the exact opposite of his fur. His cleaning habit was once every moon, for the gathering, incase he were chosen to go.

Midnight Rain November 4th, 2016 07:19 PM

Frogkit crawled out of dirtplace tunnel. His eyes widened, amazed by the enormous trees. "Woah..."

MaskedBandits November 4th, 2016 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight ._. (QUACK) (Post 19359)
Frogkit crawled out of birthplace tunnel. His eyes widened, amazed by the enormous trees. "Woah..."

Unaware Frogkit had stopped, Mulberrykit crashed right into his behind. "Omph! Hey!" Wiggling to the side of the tom, the she-kit popped up right in front of a giant pine tree. "Great StarClan!! It's soooooo big!!!" Her wide Amber eyes were as big as they could possibly get, and still she couldn't take in all there was to see. "Is this the territory?" Mulberrykit's usually loud voice was now only a whisper. How can this be the territory?! It's way too... big!!

Midnight Rain November 4th, 2016 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaskedBandits (Post 19401)
Unaware Frogkit had stopped, Mulberrykit crashed right into his behind. "Omph! Hey!" Wiggling to the side of the tom, the she-kit popped up right in front of a giant pine tree. "Great StarClan!! It's soooooo big!!!" Her wide Amber eyes were as big as they could possibly get, and still she couldn't take in all there was to see. "Is this the territory?" Mulberrykit's usually loud voice was now only a whisper. How can this be the territory?! It's way too... big!!

Frogkit immediately hopped into adventure mode. "Lets explore!" He excitedly started walking around, exploring every nook and cranny. (Oh what if they manage to get in another clans territory?)

MaskedBandits November 4th, 2016 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight ._. (QUACK) (Post 19420)
Frogkit immediately hopped into adventure mode. "Lets explore!" He excitedly started walking around, exploring every nook and cranny. (Oh what if they manage to get in another clans territory?)

(Dang that'd be bad... XD at least the border, maybe more? :rainbowllama:) Mulberrykit ran after Frogkit, checking every hole and gap in the trees for any signs of prey. "I can't find anything!" She did her best not to complain, but it was hard; there was nothing to eat anywhere in the whole forest! "Where do the animals usually hide?" The brown and red she-kit glanced up into the tall pines. "We won't have to climb up there... won't we?

Gusty November 4th, 2016 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EclipsemoonXD (Post 18616)
"Sorry, Swiftfang, I'm a bit out of practice." Burrpaw quickly shifted his position, watching for any sign of alarm from the prey. It still sat there, half-buried in the mud. Now the tabby apprentice's paws were pulled beneath him. He kept his hind-quarters down, despite the slight discomfort he felt. I'll catch something else later... The tom's tangled fur collected more leaves, adding to the mess. He pulled himself forward a little bit, then sprang, landing squarely on top of the amphibian. Burrpaw slammed a paw down over its head, killing the poor creature instantly. The apprentice lifted up the frog in his jaws and looked to his mentor with bright, hopeful eyes. "Did I do it right?" His voice was muffled, but bright again, still smoother than honey. It was the exact opposite of his fur. His cleaning habit was once every moon, for the gathering, incase he were chosen to go.

Swiftfang watched carefully as Burrpaw tried to hunt the frog again. This time, the young apprentice managed successfully to catch the piece of prey. Even so, Swift wasn't surprised or even grateful for the catch. He ignored the apprentice's second remark, and directed his thoughts towards the first one: "'Out of practice' means that you have to do it more," he growled. "The point of all this 'apprenticeship' is to learn and get this right-- the first time!. Do you want to be a dumb apprentice, still learning after others your age already become warriors? Do you want to be an apprentice for the rest of your life?" He paused for a second, gathering up his thoughts further. "Being my apprentice, Burrpaw, the answer is no. Hard work will always pay off. I am not satisfied with your work yet." He simply responded, gesturing towards the frog. "Perhaps we shall try with another animal, to see where your better talents lie."

Midnight Rain November 4th, 2016 08:23 PM

Frogkit sniffed the air, listening for a sound. He heard a bubbling noise. "Hey, I hear something!" Frogkit pushed through some ferns and saw a small river, though it was huge to him. "Woah! Look at this!"

MaskedBandits November 4th, 2016 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight ._. (QUACK) (Post 19449)
Frogkit sniffed the air, listening for a sound. He heard a bubbling noise. "Hey, I hear something!" Frogkit pushed through some ferns and saw a small river, though it was huge to him. "Woah! Look at this!"

Crashing through the undergrowth, Mulberrykit couldn't believe what she was seeing. "Water? Running in the middle of a forest? But how does that work? I've always thought water came from puddles, or rain, or moss!" The stream simmered in the sunhigh light, sending ripples across it's surface. In it, she could see her reflection in the waters, but of course, she didn't know it was herself. "Hey, look! There's a cat in the water! It's got a brown and red pelt, and Amber eyes...just like me!" Mulberrykit looked over and saw another 'water cat' near Frogkit. "Theres another one by you, too! And it looks a but like you, too! I think they like us!"

Midnight Rain November 4th, 2016 08:48 PM

"Yeah!" (XDDD LOL) Frogkit leaned over the water, touching the 'water cat'. Suddenly, he stumbled, flipping headfirst and tumbling into the water. He failed his paws, causing lots of noise. He yelled, being pulled downstream. He choked and coughed, water filling his mouth.

MaskedBandits November 5th, 2016 06:29 AM

"Frogkit!" Mulberrykit's eyes we're wide once more, but they were open in fear and shock. The water is taking him away! She knew she wasn't strong enough to pull him up, but ran alongside him anyway, all the while screaming. "HELP! Help, somebody, HELP HIM!!"

Talon November 5th, 2016 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 15055)
Her ears flattened when he said 'if you say so'. She had to urge to either snap at him or ask if something was wrong with this area - but she held her tongue and didn't want to show how little she knew what she was doing. "Yeah, here," she stood a bit taller as if to show that she had faith in her decisions... though she had none. When he stated that they split up, she was ready to tell him that she was in charge despite the fact that neither of them really was, but was too late when he already disappeared. "Whatever," she muttered. Shrew quickly started to head the other way, wanting to catch more prey than him in order to shove it in his nose. Shrew was determined to prove to the warrior that she was good enough for Shadowclan, and then no one would question her past anymore.

She halted after she got some distance and looked around for any kind of prey. The molly was sick of this territory. Ice really seemed to forget to add the whole thing about the marsh and how everything is all muddy, she thought with flattened ears. She heard a rustle and turned towards the sound. She remembered what she had learned while living on her own and dropped into a hunter's crouch. As she approached, her amber orbs fell upon a squirrel. It was a bit scrawny compared at the size of then in New-Leaf and Green-Leaf, but it would do nonetheless. The tabby wiggled her hunches before leaping at it. "Caught ya!" She called when she landed on the grey creature and quickly finished it off. There seemed to be a look of pride on the molly as she held her catch in her jaws.

Tigergrowl kept his eyes open for any prey that might be around him. He thought abut Shrew and hoped that she was doing terrible. He kind of felt bad for wanting her to fail but he didn't like to lose. Tigergrowl looked up when he heard a frog croaking and smiled as he readied himself to get it. He crouched down and waited to make sure that he knew the frog was there. He leaped forwards and pinned it down before it could try to hop away from him. He smiled when he killed the slippery creature and buried it to retrieve later.

Casual Scribbles November 5th, 2016 08:28 AM

Burrpaw's ears and tail drooped. "Oh, okay. Yes Swiftfang," the apprentice hung his head, padding over to a tree and burying the frog among its roots so he could come back for it later. Burrpaw padded silently through the marsh, flicking his tail to ward away mosquitoes and flies. Squirrel-scent drafted to his nose and he crouched down, this time keeping his paws pulled closer to his chest and his hindquarters down. The bushy-tailed animal was a few tail lenths away, and Burrpaw crept slowly towards it. At the last second he leaped, catching the prey in his paws. With a swift bite to the neck, he killed the squirrel just before it cried out in alarm. Instead, it lay silet in his jaws, killed before it could make a sound. Burrpaw trotted back to his mentor, sure Swiftfang would be happy with him this time.

Midnight Rain November 5th, 2016 08:36 AM

Frogkit bobbed up and down, his paws reaching out. Coughing, he cried out loudly, as his slammed into a rock. He coughed more, getting swept slower and slower. He passed out, his body dragging across the riverbed. He slowly came to a stop. The water was very shallow, and his head rested above water.

Gusty November 5th, 2016 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EclipsemoonXD (Post 19784)
Burrpaw's ears and tail drooped. "Oh, okay. Yes Swiftfang," the apprentice hung his head, padding over to a tree and burying the frog among its roots so he could come back for it later. Burrpaw padded silently through the marsh, flicking his tail to ward away mosquitoes and flies. Squirrel-scent drafted to his nose and he crouched down, this time keeping his paws pulled closer to his chest and his hindquarters down. The bushy-tailed animal was a few tail lenths away, and Burrpaw crept slowly towards it. At the last second he leaped, catching the prey in his paws. With a swift bite to the neck, he killed the squirrel just before it cried out in alarm. Instead, it lay silet in his jaws, killed before it could make a sound. Burrpaw trotted back to his mentor, sure Swiftfang would be happy with him this time.

Swiftfang stared at the squirrel that Burrpaw caught, nodding his head a bit at the catch. "Better." The tom said solemnly. "Could be better, but it'll do." The ShadowClan warrior flicked his head towards the direction of ThunderClan territory. "But remember, squirrels are generally ThunderClan prey. We don't find them on our side of the border much, due to our land." He spat, bracing himself. Even though he was a ShadowClanner, and was quite loyal to his homeplace, he couldn't help but feel annoyance. Why did his clan get the worst part of the territory, forced to hunt in this marshy area filled with less prey? He'd never remark his thoughts to Burrpaw, but these things always rang in his head when he went hunting. This was another reason that fueled the way he disliked StarClan; surely if they were actually so great they'd do something to help them. But no. Anyways, if StarClan was really so helpful, then why was his leader Blazingnight? He smiled inwardly at these thoughts, but his outward appearance was still solemn.

Casual Scribbles November 5th, 2016 01:39 PM

"Okay, Swiftfang. What do you want me to do now," he asked.

Gusty November 5th, 2016 02:38 PM

The tom paused. "Hunt some more. We're not done yet." He said, straining his neck upwards and gazing throughout the marshy land. "I'll be watching you; go and hunt a vole and a lizard as fast as you can. Now." His blue eyes were then fixed upon Burrpaw in slight annoyance. He had to pick up the pace a little bit.

Casual Scribbles November 5th, 2016 03:58 PM

"Yes Swiftfang!" Burrpaw quickly buried the squirrel next to the frog and bounded off through the marshy territory, but keeping silent on the squishy ground. What if he's giving me an assessment? Burrpaw hoped Swiftfang was. The brown tom really wanted to become a warrior quickly. Perhaps he'd set a new record in ShadowClan! But for now, he thought, crouching down and peering through a crack in a rock to try and find a lizard, I have to hunt and train. A tiny golden eye greeted him and Burrpaw reached a small claw through the crack in the rock. He hooked the scaly animal on his claw and dragged it out, the creature already dead from the point of his claw. He buried the prey to come back and get, and leaped off, searching for a vole. He found the small animal sniffing in the grass, eating a seed. Burrpaw dropped into a hunter's crouch and caught the animal quickly. Unfortunately it wasn't a completely clean kill. A small bit of blood was in the fur where he bit the animal. Oops. I hope Swiftfang doesn't notice! Burrpaw looked at it, seeing that it wasn't really visible and picked it up. He padded back to where he had left his mentor, collecting the lizard on the way there. Then he sat down to wait.

MaskedBandits November 5th, 2016 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight ._. (QUACK) (Post 19786)
Frogkit bobbed up and down, his paws reaching out. Coughing, he cried out loudly, as his slammed into a rock. He coughed more, getting swept slower and slower. He passed out, his body dragging across the riverbed. He slowly came to a stop. The water was very shallow, and his head rested above water.

Mulberrykit's short legs were getting tired, but she ran on. I can't leave him! He's my friend! When the river became shallower and Frogkit finally stopped floating downriver she was relieved, and stopped on the bank, panting. "Frogkir! Frogkit, can you hear me?" Not waiting for a reply, she slowly waded into the river. Her brown and red pelt got soaked as she moved in the water, and she squealed at its cold, cold touch. "I'm coming, Frogkit!"

Midnight Rain November 5th, 2016 07:59 PM

Frogkit moaned slightly, slipping in and out of consciousness. He thought he heard something, but he was unable to react. His jaw ached, and he coughed, then lay still.

MaskedBandits November 5th, 2016 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight ._. (QUACK) (Post 21021)
Frogkit moaned slightly, slipping in and out of consciousness. He thought he heard something, but he was unable to react. His jaw ached, and he coughed, then lay still.

Mulberrykit was soon up to her shoulders in water, and she still wasn't close enough to reach Frogkit. How long can he hold on for? I can't reach him, or pull him out! She knew she'd never be able to get him out of the splashing current on her own, and she desperately looked around. Pine trees... leaves... dirt... sticks... wait! Mulberrykit glanced around, hoping to find a stick she could carry. When she did she splashed out of the water and grabbed it in her jaws, pulling it towards her friend. "Frogkit! If you can hear me, grab onto the stick!"

Gusty November 5th, 2016 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EclipsemoonXD (Post 20584)
"Yes Swiftfang!" Burrpaw quickly buried the squirrel next to the frog and bounded off through the marshy territory, but keeping silent on the squishy ground. What if he's giving me an assessment? Burrpaw hoped Swiftfang was. The brown tom really wanted to become a warrior quickly. Perhaps he'd set a new record in ShadowClan! But for now, he thought, crouching down and peering through a crack in a rock to try and find a lizard, I have to hunt and train. A tiny golden eye greeted him and Burrpaw reached a small claw through the crack in the rock. He hooked the scaly animal on his claw and dragged it out, the creature already dead from the point of his claw. He buried the prey to come back and get, and leaped off, searching for a vole. He found the small animal sniffing in the grass, eating a seed. Burrpaw dropped into a hunter's crouch and caught the animal quickly. Unfortunately it wasn't a completely clean kill. A small bit of blood was in the fur where he bit the animal. Oops. I hope Swiftfang doesn't notice! Burrpaw looked at it, seeing that it wasn't really visible and picked it up. He padded back to where he had left his mentor, collecting the lizard on the way there. Then he sat down to wait.

Swiftfang nodded as Burrpaw began hunting the lizard, and then the vole. It wasn't bad hunting skills, but they could be improved slightly with moons of repetitive practice. After all, that was the point of today's lesson. To keep practicing, more and more, until he was ready to become a warrior.
Burrpaw wasn't ready for that yet, and this wasn't his hunting assessment. He'd have those in a few moons from now, once his skills were all down pat. Fine tuning here and there would help adjust this, and by the time he was near-perfect in his skills, he would be a warrior and Swift's job was finished.
The tom nodded his head and checked over Burrpaw's work. "Better. You still need help hunting frogs, and we should try those again tomorrow. But the lizard and vole are better." He said, slightly satisfied. "Leaf-bare's coming up soon, so we'll see how you catch prey when the weather turns cooler and the prey gets skimpier. It'll be more of a challenge, which will test how good your hunting really is."
He paused for a second. "I think I should give you a choice now. Do you wish to continue hunting, or pursue fighting training? Either is fine."

Hexict November 5th, 2016 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarriorBorn (Post 19774)
Tigergrowl kept his eyes open for any prey that might be around him. He thought abut Shrew and hoped that she was doing terrible. He kind of felt bad for wanting her to fail but he didn't like to lose. Tigergrowl looked up when he heard a frog croaking and smiled as he readied himself to get it. He crouched down and waited to make sure that he knew the frog was there. He leaped forwards and pinned it down before it could try to hop away from him. He smiled when he killed the slippery creature and buried it to retrieve later.

After hiding her fresh-kill so she can set out in search for another prey. The tabby scanned the area, but knew that the prey around would've been warned of the hunter when she went after the squirrel. The molly just sighed and knew that she'd have to stray a bit from her current location, but also didn't want to lose her squirrel so she didn't go far. It didn't take too long for Shrew to find another squirrel, and smirked as she believed that Tigergrowl would have less fresh-kill than her at the end of their little hunt. Shrew crouched down and hesitated before moving forward. It took only a few steps for her to mess up - her paw cracking a twig beneath it. "Dung!" She hissed and glanced down at the twig under her paw, then glanced up to see the squirrel's tail disappearing through the branches.

She growled and lashed her tail, knowing that this meant she had to travel a bit farther now in order to find some more prey. Instead of heading in the same direction she was walking this whole time, she decided to head back in the direct where she and Tigergrowl had split up. Shrew didn't go far enough to actually end up where they departed and stopped to see if any prey was around that she could possibly catch. The pale brown molly moved more carefully this time, crouching down and watching her steps as not to scare off any more prey. Shrew hissed again - this time it was due to stepping in the marshy areas, hating the feeling of it getting between her toes. But she then froze when she saw a lizard. The former loner smirked again, stalking up to the scaly creature, readying herself and then leaped out of the marsh and onto her prey. But right before Shrew could kill it, the lizard was able to squirm out of her grasp and disappeared into the water similar to the squirrel in the tree.