Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   ShadowClan Events (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   ShadowClan Life Before Destruction (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30)

Bread June 15th, 2020 01:44 PM

Re: ShadowClan Nursery

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loon (Post 727048)
Wychkit yawned with boredom from where he sat, snuggled up in his nest. He was gazing lazily around the den when he noticed Pinekit scanning the nursery with wide eyes. He chuckled and, with a quick glance to make sure his littermates were distracted, he wriggled out of his nest and padded over to Pinekit.

"Hello," He meowed oily, his kitten-tail sticking straight up like a flagpole. "I'm Wychkit."

[ @.Bread. ]

Pinekit turned her head and saw Wychkit. "Hi," she said, "um, nice name. I'm Pinekit." The young kit was pretty lonley, so she didn't really know what to say in conversations. "Do you want to play with me?" Pinekit asked curiously.

aloeforurburn June 15th, 2020 01:53 PM

(Venomkit is looking for a queen to show something to anyone up to it?!)
Venomkit huffed and sat down her paws still in the same spot.

pidgeon June 15th, 2020 01:56 PM

ShadowClan Joining & Rejoining

This is a thread specifically for cats who wish to join ShadowClan, or need to rejoin after being absent/missing! I'm making this just to keep the Leader's Den thread a little less messy.

Anyone may post here to join/rejoin at any time, although it is recommended you send a message to myself or @Undertaker beforehand. Your character may either be admitted/readmitted into the clan by either Icestar or Beastspark, depending on whoever is available at the time! Alternatively, you can tag whichever character you'd rather have your cat speak to, if you have a preference.

Thank you!

Storm Flower June 15th, 2020 01:57 PM

Re: ShadowClan Joining & Rejoining

Can crystal join?

Wings June 15th, 2020 02:25 PM

Re: ShadowClan Leader's Den

[ @Casper @Moon Lily ]
--Echopaw--

Hearing Icestar repeat what she had said and more was a bit of an eye opener. Now she understood that she had been wrong and she should of had more patient. Her anger had gotten the better of her but, she wouldn't admit it. This time didn't feel like the time to do that for some reason.
Looking down at her paws and away from the large leader's eyes, the young she grumbled. "Yes Icestar." She flicked her ear like she always did when annoyed and waited to let Irisflame take the lead on leaving the den.

Elementals June 15th, 2020 04:23 PM

Re: ShadowClan Apprentices' Den

@Puddle~

Mouseleap crept in the den stalking low and steady. Once she spied her apprentice, she was close enough to boop his nose she tapped his nose and sped off as fast as she could and waited for him outside.

Reptilian Cabinets June 15th, 2020 05:54 PM

Re: ShadowClan Training Ground

BlackSwift jumped back, "Good job! I think we should go back to camp, tonight is the gathering so you should go get some rest." he began padding in the direction of the camp. @Greenleap

Greenleap June 15th, 2020 06:06 PM

Re: ShadowClan Training Ground

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarriorsAndHorses (Post 728095)
BlackSwift jumped back, "Good job! I think we should go back to camp, tonight is the gathering so you should go get some rest." he began padding in the direction of the camp. @Greenleap

He stood up, nodding.

stag June 15th, 2020 06:08 PM

*Claw kit woke up and yawned, he waited for anyone to talk to him*

Undertaker June 15th, 2020 06:13 PM

Re: ShadowClan Clearing

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arie (Post 725635)

Doepaw could not resist this time and the little molly let out a soft small laugh at his astonished exclamation. "Yes... I do 'see'... with my ears. Again...not like... I get to see... the wonderful colours... or objects... sighties always talk.. about. But.. I get an idea of where they are..." but before she could finish Beastspark was walking off and she flicked her ears slightly. She had expected him to show her around but not go off all of a sudden.
Yet when he stopped in front of the warrior's den and called back to her she flicked her ears in mild amused irritation. "One thing... If you call... back at me... your voice does not bounce off... of what you're talking about. I will.. need to know your... position. Your voice... goes back to me... not lighting what... you're talking about. So... now I know... the warrior's den is... in front of you... and where your... position is. But not if the den... is to the left or right... or directly in front... of you." It was a minor thing, but these minor things were often the hardest challenges for a blind cat. It was like telling her to 'go there' despite her lacking the ability to know where 'there' was. Some might take it her asking to be treated differently but she just all in all wanted to know where things were. It wasn't like she was going to be turning her head when she was out hunting anyway. So walking up next to Beastspark, sliding her paws slowly across the floor she patted the ground a bit, stepping on a pine needle and heard the crack. An echo soon came back to her open ears, barely audible and she nodded. "I know where it is now. Thank you."
Yet as they continued and when they arrived by the nursery Doepaw had to pin her ears... The shrill sounds was going to break a blood vessel or two if she wasn't careful and well... having bleeding ears wasn't something she particularly wanted to deal with. Bleeding ears was not in her interest, so despite the coordination she would loose, she pinned them nonetheless, the flaps lying tightly against her neck. She might be unable to hear the echos now and the sound might be muffled but it was better than having to go to the medicine den on her first day, with cause of potential sensory overload from bleeding ears. Finally leaving the den, Doepaw just kept up with Beastspark by having her head closer to the ground and following his scent.
When he paused, she finally unfolded her ears from their lying down position and was relieved that despite still being able to hear the kits squeaks it wasn't as loud as it had been before. Sitting down next to him she folded her tail over her paws as she listened intently. A gathering? Her first appearance at the actual gathering hadn't gone all too well... The sand was not nice for her paws and it made too many sounds and got into crevasses she couldn't reach. Yet her interest spiked as he started talking about training at night and she let out a small and soft laugh once again. "You sure... the other apprentices... are smart... enough for that?" She would be willing to help him out of course, but there was the matter of the intellectual level of the other apprentices. "Would they enjoy... falling over nettles... into bushes... and then getting stuck in mud? Probably." All new apprentices loved it... or so it at least was back in Thunderclan. "I can help you out... Despite not knowing the territory... too well, I've got... my advantage."
And maybe she should try to at least help him out. Moving a bit further away and then sitting down again she tapped her paw against the ground. "I see in... two ways... One by which the sounds of... others are... reflected against... objects or other... cats. A second... in which.... I tap the ground," and she did just that with the paw once again, "and the echo... comes back. It tells... me the distance. They are... both situational. Both got... their disadvantages... and both can be... disrupted by other sounds." That was the hardest challenge for her, differentiating which sounds she was listening for and which she wasn't... and being able to draw conclusions from that. "Judging distances... is the hardest thing. You might be able... to sense the tree... but if there is... a squirrel in front... of it... the squirrel... blocks the echo... so you won't know... where the... tree is... in comparison... to the squirrel." It was an easy analogy she hoped he would be able to follow.

Was she laughing at him? Had he said something funny? A hint of embarrassment has his ears flushing with heat. He brushes aside his embarrassment and more interested in the topic of her 'see' things around her. It still sounded silly to him but not as much as he had thought the first time she had spoken.

There she's again teaching him something new, Beastspark blinked while watching her walk over to him. "Doesn't bounce?" He questioned with puzzlement.

What did she mean by bounce? She probably said something about something bouncing but he might have been distracted trying to digest something else she had told him. If she could see with her eyes she'd be able to watch the tom perked his ears, wrinkle nose and tips head from one side to the other trying to understand what it was she just told him. So she knew where the den was but not if it was to the left or right? Huh? But if she knew where the den was why did she need to know what was right or left?

His puzzled eyes drop toward her small paws as she breaks some pine needles on the ground.... and suddenly she knew where the den was? Stars! Being a blind cat sounded very difficult. He'd ask on the needles later, his mind was already moving on to another topic as she slides her ears backward when they reach the nursery. Where they really that loud to her? How much stronger was her hearing compared to his? This was a question that was never going to pester him for a while. Sure, he could pick up the shrill mews of the kittens inside, but not enough that it hurt his eardrums like that.

"Well, I'll admit that some of them aren't the brightest stars in the sky, but a lot of them have great potential." He purred softly. Most of his interaction in the clan has been composed of apprentices, ShadowClan had quite a few different ones here. Some of them really got on his nerves, but a lot of them were really helpful and they'd probably appreciate some training the dark.

"Depends on the apprentice, I know I didn't mind running into stuff when I was there age. Getting a good thwak or some needles in their fur will be a part of the learning experience."
He chuckled, she must have run into a few things once or twice in her lifetime. She turned out pretty smart and knowledgeable, just what ShadowClan needed.

The gray tom takes a seat on the ground, using his bushy tail sweep away some of the pine needles below him so they didn't poke him. Irisflame would have a laugh if he came to her because he couldn't get a needle out of his bottom. As she tried to teach him, Beastspark did his best to envision the echos she was talking about. It was difficult probably because he's never thought too hard about it and he had working eyes.

"So is it something like a pond? Drop a stone in it and the water ripples, stick a paw in it and the ripples get mess up?" He asked that was the only thing he could come close to when trying to comprehend what she was telling him. It really wasn't that difficult he was just a little slow. "Can sounds bounce off of sounds? Or do they just merge and disappear?" He was always brimming with curiosity. This talk was rather enlightening even if it was hard to follow most of what she was telling him.