Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   SkyClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   SkyClan Elders' Den (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55)

Charmer November 12th, 2017 05:19 PM

Re: SkyClan Elders' Den

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyra-Wolfe-666 (Post 419882)
"Well, the pain is sharp when I try to walk, and dull when I sit still. My spine is the only thing that hurt, the pain is sort of all over my spine until my shoulder blades, and it's hurt like this only once. It was right after the accident and I was still trying to adjust to it." she flipped over onto her back as she answered the tomcat.

"Hmmm," Shinefang looked over shecat's spine again, trying to figure out the riddle of why her back may suddenly start hurting again now like it had when the accident first happened. "Have you done anything strenuous lately that might have aggravated your injury? What sort of exercise have you been getting?"

The_10th_Doctor November 12th, 2017 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmer (Post 420367)
"Hmmm," Shinefang looked over shecat's spine again, trying to figure out the riddle of why her back may suddenly start hurting again now like it had when the accident first happened. "Have you done anything strenuous lately that might have aggravated your injury? What sort of exercise have you been getting?"

"My mother hardly lets me get out of my nest, so I only get exercise when she's on patrol. I don't really do much except try to pull my hind legs up and under me. I'm slowly being able to balance on my hind paws, but my legs can't support any weight. I'm trying to get my spine straight, but it's not working, and a few days ago I tried walking again and flipped over and landed on a large rock. It really hurt." Iris sat still as Shinefang examined her.

Charmer November 12th, 2017 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyra-Wolfe-666 (Post 420391)
"My mother hardly lets me get out of my nest, so I only get exercise when she's on patrol. I don't really do much except try to pull my hind legs up and under me. I'm slowly being able to balance on my hind paws, but my legs can't support any weight. I'm trying to get my spine straight, but it's not working, and a few days ago I tried walking again and flipped over and landed on a large rock. It really hurt." Iris sat still as Shinefang examined her.

Shinefang listened intently while he examined Iris's spine. He felt sorry that the shecat was cooped up and not able to be as active as she liked. An truth be told, it proably wasn't doing her any favors either. He remembered cats with broken having weak muscles by the time they got to leave the medicine den. Her muscles would likely get weaker is still if this kept up indefinitely. Could hitting a rock have caused the pain? Well it sure didn't help I bet. "I'll be right back," Shinefang strode out of the elder's den and returned a few moment's later with comfrey leaves in his mouth. He chewed the leaves up and spit them onto his paw. "What part of your back hit the rock? I'm not completely sure that's what did this, but comfrey is pretty good for trouble with bones, so it may help." The medicine cat waited for Iris to tell him where to apply the poltice.

The_10th_Doctor November 12th, 2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmer (Post 420419)
Shinefang listened intently while he examined Iris's spine. He felt sorry that the shecat was cooped up and not able to be as active as she liked. An truth be told, it proably wasn't doing her any favors either. He remembered cats with broken having weak muscles by the time they got to leave the medicine den. Her muscles would likely get weaker is still if this kept up indefinitely. Could hitting a rock have caused the pain? Well it sure didn't help I bet. "I'll be right back," Shinefang strode out of the elder's den and returned a few moment's later with comfrey leaves in his mouth. He chewed the leaves up and spit them onto his paw. "What part of your back hit the rock? I'm not completely sure that's what did this, but comfrey is pretty good for trouble with bones, so it may help." The medicine cat waited for Iris to tell him where to apply the poltice.

"About a mouse-length from the base of my tail." Iris told Shinefang and twitched her ear, waiting for the tom to do what he did best.

Charmer November 12th, 2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyra-Wolfe-666 (Post 420421)
"About a mouse-length from the base of my tail." Iris told Shinefang and twitched her ear, waiting for the tom to do what he did best.

Shinefang looked at the spot the shecat had name, parting the fur with his nose. Sure enough, there was heat coming from it, and it looked a bit swollen compared to the rest of her back. Gently, he pagan to apply the herbs with his paw on the spot. "That ought to help, but do let me know if you're still hurting tomorrow, ok?" The tom stepped back and looked at Iris. "And another thing: you should give yourself a break today, it's important to keep working out those muscles. So you keep doing what you're doing to work them. Just make sure there's someone around to catch you if you fall." He leaned in to whisper to Iris, "And if your mother has a problem with that, you tell her to take it up old Shiny. I'll set her straight for ya. Got it, kit?" Most cats were kits to Shinefang. He was over 98 moons old after all. Shinfang shot Iris a wink with his one remaining eye. His scarred muzzle grinning in such a way that it looked more like a grimace.

The_10th_Doctor November 13th, 2017 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charmer (Post 420619)
Shinefang looked at the spot the shecat had name, parting the fur with his nose. Sure enough, there was heat coming from it, and it looked a bit swollen compared to the rest of her back. Gently, he pagan to apply the herbs with his paw on the spot. "That ought to help, but do let me know if you're still hurting tomorrow, ok?" The tom stepped back and looked at Iris. "And another thing: you should give yourself a break today, it's important to keep working out those muscles. So you keep doing what you're doing to work them. Just make sure there's someone around to catch you if you fall." He leaned in to whisper to Iris, "And if your mother has a problem with that, you tell her to take it up old Shiny. I'll set her straight for ya. Got it, kit?" Most cats were kits to Shinefang. He was over 98 moons old after all. Shinfang shot Iris a wink with his one remaining eye. His scarred muzzle grinning in such a way that it looked more like a grimace.

Iris wasn't sure how to take Shinefang sort of kindness to her. She smiled anyways. "Thanks Shinefang!"

Charmer November 13th, 2017 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyra-Wolfe-666 (Post 420677)
Iris wasn't sure how to take Shinefang sort of kindness to her. She smiled anyways. "Thanks Shinefang!"

"No problem, kit," he meowed, grinning his gnarled grin. "Now if you need anything else, just holler. With that the golden-furred tom slipped out of the elder's den. Satisfied with his work.

Mango November 16th, 2017 07:50 AM

@Kyra-Wolfe-666
Vixenpaw entered the den and saw Iris, Poor Iris, so young and yet forced to live this lifestyle. he began to walk away from her as if he didn’t see her but his eyes kept following her.

The_10th_Doctor November 16th, 2017 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Okapi (Post 422375)
@Kyra-Wolfe-666
Vixenpaw entered the den and saw Iris, Poor Iris, so young and yet forced to live this lifestyle. he began to walk away from her as if he didn’t see her but his eyes kept following her.

Iris looked irritated at something. She sighed heavily and tried to bring her hind legs closer to her body. They moved a mouse-length before Iris gave up. She spotted the young tom and flattened her ears to her head. "Please don't pretend you're not staring," there was no bitterness in her faint mew, only sorrow and pain. "Every cat does that. It makes me feel like a burden..." she twisted her head around and tried to wash the base of her tail. A dull pop was heard and Iris yelped.

Mango November 16th, 2017 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyra-Wolfe-666 (Post 422379)
Iris looked irritated at something. She sighed heavily and tried to bring her hind legs closer to her body. They moved a mouse-length before Iris gave up. She spotted the young tom and flattened her ears to her head. "Please don't pretend you're not staring," there was no bitterness in her faint mew, only sorrow and pain. "Every cat does that. It makes me feel like a burden..." she twisted her head around and tried to wash the base of her tail. A dull pop was heard and Iris yelped.

Vixenpaw hung his head,” Sorry Iris. I’m not use to seeing young cats in the elders den.” He sighed,” Your not a burden. You served Skyclan well when you were able to.” When the she yelped his eyes grew wide,” What’s wrong! Should I get Shinefang?!”