Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Starcave (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   The Starcave (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73)

Zero January 29th, 2017 12:44 PM

Re: The Starcave

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexict (Post 151213)
@Suspiciousmindz

A dark grey tabby stood back and watched as everyone gave the new Windclan leader lives. Even though this was the second life he'd give to a leader, Northpath still felt extremely nervous. He feared that he would say the wrong thing - though he had the same fear when during Russetstar's ceremony, and he hadn't messed up. Or at least he hadn't thought he had. He shook out his star cover pelt before moving towards the orange tom.

The young tom stepped forward and approached Blazingstorm as Mousetracker retreated among the stars in the same manner as the others had done after finishing with giving the flame colored tom a life. He never knew Blazingstorm. The medicine cat assistant had died during the Thunderclan liberation battle, so he wasn't around for the announcement of the new deputy for Windclan. He wondered if Blazingstorm feared being leader. It wasn't too long after he became deputy that he was now receiving his nine lives. I don't think i could have ever succeeded Zerosight, he thought.

"Blazingstorm, we never met though in Starclan I have heard of you," he began, steadying himself though he still could feel the butterflies. "And with this life, I give you Determination. Use it when you feel lost, make sure to keep pushing yourself forward - if not for yourself, than for those who can't continue anymore," he stretched out his neck in order to touch his nose to the new leader's forehead. Northpath struggled with this during Rusststar's ceremony as well. "I'm sure you will use this life in the future, you seem to be a string cat," he flicked his tabby tail towards Blazingstorm's chest, pointing out his heart.

After doing so, Northpath turned and padded back towards the other Starclan cats, and awaited to watch the ceremony officially come to a close. He let his autumn gaze watch Blazingstorm. He knew that the lives must hurt the leaders and wished that it wasn't so. Even thought some time had passe since his death, he still had his medicine cat instincts and hated seeing others in pain, especially being the cause of such pain. But he knew that this must happen for Blazingstorm to receive these lives, and the pain should be quick.

Surgestorm watched curiously as each StarClan cat came forward and gave a life to Blazingstorm, not expecting to recognize very many of the people. However, he was surprised when he spotted a familar tabby pelt step forward. His pale yellow eyes widened, first with surprise, and then confusion, and then with dread, all in the matter of a few seconds. "N-Northpath?" He gasped, quickly covering his mouth with his tail when he realized he had spoken out loud. Thankfully, he was standing back far enough that nobody had really heard him.
The black tom's head spun for the next few moments, trying to figure out what had happen. That's why Zerosight wasn't at the gathering... He hadn't yet heard of the ThunderClan medicine cat's death, and now he suddenly knew. His heart ached for Northpath, and for Zerosight; he had to blink away tears that threatened to fill his eyes.

Hexict January 29th, 2017 06:07 PM

@Zero to Hero

Though he had not really looked at his friend before, Northpath's pelt pricked as he felt someone watching him. He turned his head and stiffened as he noticed Surgestorm. He should've known that the Windclan medicine cat would have accompanied Blazingstorm for this event, but since the usually playful tom was silently observing from the back, Northpath hadn't noticed him. But he should've looked for the black tom nonetheless.

His pelt prickled as his gaze met Surgestorm's. He wished that he could run right up to his friend, to be able to talk to him once again like he use to. But he knew he couldn't. They were in the middle of Blazingstorm's ceremony, and such an action would be inappropriate. But he still wished he could.

At first, the younger tom wondered what was going on with Surgestorm's expression, he saw the conflicting emotions that were changing quickly. Northpath suddenly looked down as he realized what was going on in his fellow medicine cat's head. That's right, he doesn't know... he wasn't there when I died, and Zerosight didn't make a show at the gathering. The dark tabby hadn't taken his attention off his former mentor when he joined Starclan.

It broke his heart to see Zerosight so shattered in the wake of his apprentice's murder. He knew that the cat he looked up to as a father was struggling. Northpath wished that he would choose another apprentice, someone lively who could lift his spirits - yet at the same time, he knew that he would be jealous when he was replaced. But still... he'd rather be replaced if it meant Zerosight was happy once more.

zinfranny January 29th, 2017 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenic! (Post 150509)

It had taken a bit of time for her to get used to walking in Starclan. Indeed, Twitefall's pelt glittered with stars now- it was what happened after you'd made enemies. She was killed after her kits had been born, and it wasn't something not to be expected, despite her having been a queen at the time. She was a supporter of Ratnight, and his rather cruel ways- it was for survival, though she'd started to feel guilty about it after being sent up here- this place was for good cats. I... I shouldn't be here, y'know? She'd taken it upon herself to try an understand that fact- but maybe it was clear that the cats up here had forgiven her. It was a fate far easier than that of life in the dark forest, and so she was glad about it. Besides, there was something more important to worry about today- giving Gyrewind his nine lives, and ensuring that Thunderclan goes on. It's my clan- I can't let it end with Ashstar's death. Looking around, the tom had appeared right on time- and it looked like she would have to greet him. Stepping out of the forest which shone bright with starlight, Twitefall looked into Gyrewind's eyes as she walked over towards the deputy- "Welcome to Starclan- are you ready to get your nine lives?"

A modulated voice touched his ears, which caused Gyrewind to cluck his head towards the sound, turning towards it. The star-bathed she-cat struck his eyes, and made his silvery pools shine with her presence. Her words inspirited a flutter in his chest, and he wasn't sure if his rapid heartbeat could be heard or not. For a moment, the tall feline awed at the StarClan cat's beatitude, and even her faint familiarity.
"Yes, ma'am," Gyrewind dipped his head and crouched slightly with honor, and however hard he tried, his mew was ever so tremulous in the face of the transcendental feline.

SuspiciousMindz January 29th, 2017 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spirited Darkness (Post 151759)
@Suspiciousmindz

They stood by, watching as each cat, in turn, and they were almost unaware that it was their turn, and looked somewhat embarrassed at first, but quickly, they shook off their embarrassment and cast a quick look around, waiting until Northpath had moved away, then Ravenpaw stepped forwards, their head lowered slightly once. As they approached Blazingstorm, and as they got a bit closer, Ravenpaw wondered if they'd seen this cat before, during their time alive, but highly doubted it. The only time they had ever been in WindClan was when the battles were taking place. Ravenpaw was uncertain exactly what to do, but they knew the words, just not how to say them, and that made them nervous. They didn't want to mess up, as the black apprentice, with their silver points tended to mess up with a lot of things. Stepping closer they raised their head so they were nearly eye level with the ginger tom, their pale yellow eyes bright as they waited a few heartbeats. The young apprentice, hardly six moons when they'd died. When Hannibal and Onyx had killed them, or more, Hannibal had killed them. Onyx had merely sat aack and watched. But Ravenpaw was proud to have died in the service of SkyClan, not the other Clans. “Hello, Blazingstar.” they said in a friendly but serious tone, careful not to stumble over their words, as they sometimes did. “I am Ravenpaw. I was an apprentice of SkyClan.” they added, closing their eyes for a moment and then looking back at Blazingstorm, preparing to give him the life. “With this life, I give you humor. Use it to find amusement to break tension and give laughter to those who need it.” they meowed quietly, reaching their head forwards to touch it with Blazingstorm's, closing their eyes as they did, unwilling to see whether or not the life caused the WindClan deputy any pain. They didn't want to cause anybody pain, but Ravenpaw knew things how things were meant to be. The pain was the wayway it simply was supposed to go. Quietly, Ravenpaw stepped backwards, backing away from the ginger tom in order to let the next cat take their place, assuming that he wasn't the last. They'd last track of how many of them had already given Blazingstorm a life.

Blazingstorm had heard of the two felines that had slaughtered the feline that stood before him. It made his fur stand on end to realize that this cat was one of their victims. Of course since Skyclan settled so close to the dark felines' group, there were bound to be more as time continued on. Blazingstorm's hues filled with sympathy, but quickly shut as Ravenpaw began to give him this life. Thankfully for the ginger warrior, this life was painless. It made him feel tingly and warm. He saw happy felines and a peaceful clan. Oh how he wished in leaf bare his clan could be peaceful with the others, but tensions seemed to always rise. Blazingstorm opened his hues as the apprentice started to pad away. The energy was quick and he actually became nervous as to the next life he'd receive. There was no way he was going to get away with two painless lives in a row. The ginger warrior gazed around at the ranks, only recognizing the familiar cats of clan mates he once knew and those who had given him a life.

Fel January 30th, 2017 02:08 AM

@Inglewood Binks

Nodding her head formally, Twitefall took a step forward so she could stand in front of the tom, though her short stature led the molly to be a bit smaller than he was. "I don't believe we met, but we lived around the same time- my name is Twitefall, and I was a warrior of Thunderclan. I supported the era of darkness which cost many their lives, and it might have cost my own honor as well." She sighed, gaze fixated on Gyrewind's eyes with a newfound confidence as she began to admit what she'd done. "I did something which seems irredeemable- but I've learned from my mistakes, and the cats here have, well... forgiven me." She grinned, gesturing to the starry-furred cats who were scattered around the forest. "Cats who seem like the cruelest of killers can turn around and make amends if you give them the chance, so I give you the life of forgiveness, the ability to pardon others for their crimes and give them a second chance." With this sentence, she reached up to touch the deputy's nose, transferring his first life and then stepping down, dipping her head and uttering out a last sentence before walking away-

"Make sure you forgive others before they die for it."

--

@Suspiciousmindz

When Ravenpaw turned away, a new cat stepped up to greet Blazingstorm- a dark gray dappled molly, with a rather extroverted look to her. Sliding into her own place, her movements were somewhat casual and graceful at the same time, creating a rhythm that the she-cat had based her entire life after. "I've been waiting to meet you, y'know." She grinned, her blue eyes sparkling in delight as she looked towards the golden tabby with pride. "I believe we might have quite a few mutual friends- what can I say? I'm social. My name is Galeslip, and I believe I died- how many moons ago? Let's call it six. Oh, I was in love- and it was beautiful. A tom I'd meet on the Riverclan border every day- unfortunately, I don't think Singenight liked it enough to keep me alive. He took me hostage with a few allies, killed me on a corner of the territory and left me. All my friends were devastated, I'm sure." She huffed, a tone of disgust lining her words as she talked about the former Windclan leader. "Ah- the lives! My backstory can wait- I've got a four-hour presentation on myself if you've got the time to dream it up, hmm?" She grinned, eyes lighting up in amusement as she touched her nose to Blazingstorm's. "My life is for seeing beyond borders, and recognizing the beauty in the cats who take the opportunity- sometimes, you have to look beyond rigid borders for help. Value the other clans' help as much as your own, and the cats born of their lineage. Got it?" It was obvious that this cat was quite conceited, but she was a good friend when and where it mattered- her humor pulled you out of a hard place, and she didn't hesitate to defend. Giving a dip of her head as she stepped back, she turned her back on the deputy slowly, smiling one last time as she walked away. You'll do good as a leader. Relax.

SuspiciousMindz January 30th, 2017 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenic! (Post 153379)

@Suspiciousmindz

When Ravenpaw turned away, a new cat stepped up to greet Blazingstorm- a dark gray dappled molly, with a rather extroverted look to her. Sliding into her own place, her movements were somewhat casual and graceful at the same time, creating a rhythm that the she-cat had based her entire life after. "I've been waiting to meet you, y'know." She grinned, her blue eyes sparkling in delight as she looked towards the golden tabby with pride. "I believe we might have quite a few mutual friends- what can I say? I'm social. My name is Galeslip, and I believe I died- how many moons ago? Let's call it six. Oh, I was in love- and it was beautiful. A tom I'd meet on the Riverclan border every day- unfortunately, I don't think Singenight liked it enough to keep me alive. He took me hostage with a few allies, killed me on a corner of the territory and left me. All my friends were devastated, I'm sure." She huffed, a tone of disgust lining her words as she talked about the former Windclan leader. "Ah- the lives! My backstory can wait- I've got a four-hour presentation on myself if you've got the time to dream it up, hmm?" She grinned, eyes lighting up in amusement as she touched her nose to Blazingstorm's. "My life is for seeing beyond borders, and recognizing the beauty in the cats who take the opportunity- sometimes, you have to look beyond rigid borders for help. Value the other clans' help as much as your own, and the cats born of their lineage. Got it?" It was obvious that this cat was quite conceited, but she was a good friend when and where it mattered- her humor pulled you out of a hard place, and she didn't hesitate to defend. Giving a dip of her head as she stepped back, she turned her back on the deputy slowly, smiling one last time as she walked away. You'll do good as a leader. Relax.

Blazingstorm quietly awaited the next cat to arrive, although when she did, he was not expecting quite the story. He hadn't spoken for the entirety of the ceremony, however, he mustered up enough breath to say a name that would affect them both. "Galespring..." he murmured, his hues widening when he realized who this feline was and how he recognized the name. However, he was not aware of the history this she-cat had. His hues merely narrowed a little. "Strange they let a code breaker give a life," he replied, but braced himself for the life he was going to receive nonetheless. The thought that a former clan mate with a history of breaking the code about relationships between clans was giving him a life based on that was shocking. He didn't want to be too disrespectful, but he couldn't help but think a little negatively about the entire situation. Blazingstorm didn't know the entire truth, but enough to make him question things. As a strange, new wave of energy rushed into his figure, he gasped a little. It wasn't what he expected in the least bit. Blazingstorm saw cats from other clans and how peacefully they lived within their own camps. They were just like Windclan and no matter how much Blazingstorm wanted to deny it, they were cats living for the same purposes of them. The vision he got was indescribable, similar to how he could describe Galeslip. When his golden hues opened after a somewhat painful -- more so exhausting -- life, he was watching Galeslip walk away. He was curious about her, but perhaps it was better he told Galespring about who he saw and ask her what she did from there.

@Duskflight @Lonestar23
[just you two left]

Ludicrous Lunacy January 30th, 2017 08:59 AM

[[ @Inglewood Binks ]]
Sandpaw stood slightly farther back from the other cats, sniffling slightly. She watched through one eye, paw over the one that had begun to fade back into blank emptiness, as it always seemed to when she was upset. Be happy, now, you get to give life. The apprentice blinked hard but, unfortanutly for herself, nothing happened--she wasn't exactly sure about the soon-to-be leader and couldn't hear or see what was being said.

zinfranny January 30th, 2017 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fenic! (Post 153379)
@Inglewood Binks

Nodding her head formally, Twitefall took a step forward so she could stand in front of the tom, though her short stature led the molly to be a bit smaller than he was. "I don't believe we met, but we lived around the same time- my name is Twitefall, and I was a warrior of Thunderclan. I supported the era of darkness which cost many their lives, and it might have cost my own honor as well." She sighed, gaze fixated on Gyrewind's eyes with a newfound confidence as she began to admit what she'd done. "I did something which seems irredeemable- but I've learned from my mistakes, and the cats here have, well... forgiven me." She grinned, gesturing to the starry-furred cats who were scattered around the forest. "Cats who seem like the cruelest of killers can turn around and make amends if you give them the chance, so I give you the life of forgiveness, the ability to pardon others for their crimes and give them a second chance." With this sentence, she reached up to touch the deputy's nose, transferring his first life and then stepping down, dipping her head and uttering out a last sentence before walking away-

"Make sure you forgive others before they die for it."

Gyrewind's silvery eyes reflected heed and even distress as Twitefall spoke. As he stared down at her, he pictured the feline with no stars in her being, a feline he couldn't see through and one he once lived with. It hit him, the flash of ordeal of what the members of StarClan had witnessed. Would he have to go through such immense trials while he called himself a Clan cat?
Gyrewind bent his head towards Twitefall, his eyes closing gently. He felt the soft press of her nose on his, but was ripped from what he thought would be serene. White fire swelled, directly from the touch and engulfing his body with a pain that made his tingling limbs feel decamped. His muscles rippled as if to wrench free of Twitefall's touch, but to no avail, panic flooding his mind. Suddenly it died. The fire fled his body with the StarClan cat's touch. To his disbelief, all that was simply a single moment. He opened his eyes when he realized they had not been opened at all during the affliction. Gyrewind's mouth was slightly agape as he breathed heavily, mostly from confusion and shock. As he picked up his head once again, and Twitefall gave her last message, he realized the emergence of a new medium in his body. He stared at the warrior that had granted him with new power. Suddenly, Gyrewind felt the need to absorb everything she was giving him, everything she said as he watched her step back into the newly formed assembly of star-painted feline. At the sight of the cats, his breath went shallow but he could feel a flutter of thrill emerging.

Random Melody January 30th, 2017 01:13 PM

( @Inglewood Binks )
Fernpaw was among the cats, watching Gyrewind with proud green eyes. A smile twitched on her lips as she padded fforward, nodding to Twitefall as she stepped up and took her place. She raised her head, the golden she-cat's ears pricking up as she smiled at the soon to be leader, dipping her head. "Greetings," She spoke softly, her tail flicking. Her pelt shone like stars, and her green eyes glittered. "I am Fernpaw, former ThunderClan apprentice. I was killed in the fire that destroyed most of our Clan," She paused slightly, before raising up. "Honor meeting you," She murmured, before pressing her nose to Gyrewind's gently.

"With this life, I give you Bravery," Her voice was laced with wisdom, the wisdom of a StarClan cat though she was merely an apprenice, at death at least. "Use it when you make choices, or fight battles for your Clan. Use it to protect them, become the leader they so badly need." She drew back, and smiled, searching his eyes. "Though, remember; Being brave doesnt mean you dont get scared, merely that you have the courage to face what you are afraid of." She mewed, dipping her head, before stepping back to stand with the others.

Fel January 30th, 2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz (Post 153384)

Blazingstorm quietly awaited the next cat to arrive, although when she did, he was not expecting quite the story. He hadn't spoken for the entirety of the ceremony, however, he mustered up enough breath to say a name that would affect them both. "Galespring..." he murmured, his hues widening when he realized who this feline was and how he recognized the name. However, he was not aware of the history this she-cat had. His hues merely narrowed a little. "Strange they let a code breaker give a life," he replied, but braced himself for the life he was going to receive nonetheless. The thought that a former clan mate with a history of breaking the code about relationships between clans was giving him a life based on that was shocking. He didn't want to be too disrespectful, but he couldn't help but think a little negatively about the entire situation. Blazingstorm didn't know the entire truth, but enough to make him question things. As a strange, new wave of energy rushed into his figure, he gasped a little. It wasn't what he expected in the least bit. Blazingstorm saw cats from other clans and how peacefully they lived within their own camps. They were just like Windclan and no matter how much Blazingstorm wanted to deny it, they were cats living for the same purposes of them. The vision he got was indescribable, similar to how he could describe Galeslip. When his golden hues opened after a somewhat painful -- more so exhausting -- life, he was watching Galeslip walk away. He was curious about her, but perhaps it was better he told Galespring about who he saw and ask her what she did from there.

[...you asked for this roast]
"You know, I don't know when they let a cat who basically let his his own mentor die become leader either, huh? But I guess Starclan works in mysterious ways." Galeslip huffed, her face obviously shocked at the fact that he'd disrespect somebody who was giving him a life. He's got a lot of guts- but that's good when it comes to being a leader. He'll be fine, that's what I know. Through her sharp tongue and chatty attitude, being up here had made her just the slightest bit wiser than before- and though she'd made a mistake in the past, she could at least admit that respecting the other clans and asking them for help in a time of need was a necessity. Vanishing into the crowds, the dark gray tabby had... faith in this cat.

zinfranny January 30th, 2017 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Random Melody (Post 153704)
( @Inglewood Binks )
Fernpaw was among the cats, watching Gyrewind with proud green eyes. A smile twitched on her lips as she padded fforward, nodding to Twitefall as she stepped up and took her place. She raised her head, the golden she-cat's ears pricking up as she smiled at the soon to be leader, dipping her head. "Greetings," She spoke softly, her tail flicking. Her pelt shone like stars, and her green eyes glittered. "I am Fernpaw, former ThunderClan apprentice. I was killed in the fire that destroyed most of our Clan," She paused slightly, before raising up. "Honor meeting you," She murmured, before pressing her nose to Gyrewind's gently.

"With this life, I give you Bravery," Her voice was laced with wisdom, the wisdom of a StarClan cat though she was merely an apprenice, at death at least. "Use it when you make choices, or fight battles for your Clan. Use it to protect them, become the leader they so badly need." She drew back, and smiled, searching his eyes. "Though, remember; Being brave doesnt mean you dont get scared, merely that you have the courage to face what you are afraid of." She mewed, dipping her head, before stepping back to stand with the others.

A pang hit Gyrewind as he watched the ever so young apprentice as she emerged from the group in the mist. His brow curled with distress, and he had to fight to refrain from appearing too sympathetic as he stared down at her. To his surprise, her eyes flashed of a warrior's wisdom. It caused him to wonder what really happened during the death of such young cats.
When the time came, Gyrewind bent his head low to meet the apprentice's nose. Note his flexed muscles. And yet again, a fire erupted at touch. This time, it was a blazing sensation, stifling his muscles with the intensity. It took all of his power to not stagger over, a scowl riddling his face and baring his teeth. Through the flurry, he heard her voice announcing the life; Bravery. One of his squeezed eye pried open to see her face right in his snout, while his shoulder gave a jerk when the pain broke his shield. He wasn't sure if he could stand it any longer- how long did it take! At once, she pulled away from his nose. The burning erased in his body, leaving behind another new feeling he wasn't sure how to react to. He opened both eyes to watch her walk away, relocating his slouched shoulders in a hurry as if he may look unauthorized. Was every life going to be so agonizing? And why?

Brunch January 31st, 2017 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover (Post 139299)

Clearing the salty tears from her own eyes, she managed a watery smile to Arcticpaw. "Maybe something, maybe nothing. This is really just for you to experience a dream. Go ahead and talk to whomever you want. They're all here for you," she mewed softly in response, gently nudging Arcticpaw's flank with her nose, urging him towards the small cluster of cats gathered in front of him. Seeing his expression, she realized her apprentice had his eyes locked on one cat. Following his gaze, the medicine cat saw the dark black she-cat with the green eyes he seemed so keen on. Though she had no idea who it was, she assumed it was someone important to the tom. "Go see her. If she means something to you, then act upon it," she whispered quietly, nuzzling the tuft of fur behind his ear before she pushed him forward, with no force but a gentle assurance that he'd be alright. Watching him for a moment longer, Geckoleaf shifted her gaze towards the crowd, searching for her father. But she didn't see any flash of bright orange, or a glint of sea blue. He was gone, but she could still feel the warmth of his love around her, the pride for what she had become. Sighing, the medicine cat sat on the soft dirt, and waited for Arcticpaw.

Shaking his head gently at Geckoleaf, Arcticpaw sighed slightly, "I'll meet her one day," he meowed quietly, his ears flicking towards his grandmother. Though he tried not to show it on his face, Arcticpaw was tempted to go and meet her, the she-cat who had been the best mother to his mother and uncle. Arcticpaw knew that he had to retrain himself, though as the dream started to fade from Arcticpaw, the many StarClan warriros slowly started to dissipate into nothingness, and the cave which he had fallen asleep in only moments ago had reformed before him. Happy that he got to meett his ancestors, Arcticpaw turned towards the form of Geckoleaf, which he couldn't make out against the musty darkness of the cave.

Clover February 1st, 2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudy (Post 154842)
Shaking his head gently at Geckoleaf, Arcticpaw sighed slightly, "I'll meet her one day," he meowed quietly, his ears flicking towards his grandmother. Though he tried not to show it on his face, Arcticpaw was tempted to go and meet her, the she-cat who had been the best mother to his mother and uncle. Arcticpaw knew that he had to restrain himself, though as the dream started to fade from Arcticpaw, the many StarClan warriors slowly started to dissipate into nothingness, and the cave which he had fallen asleep in only moments ago had reformed before him. Happy that he got to meet his ancestors, Arcticpaw turned towards the form of Geckoleaf, which he couldn't make out against the musty darkness of the cave.

Geckoleaf let out a slight sigh as the dream slipped away, the heavenly vision of their StarClan warriors gently fading to black. It was always disappointing to leave their world, of peace and rest. But she had also seen an air of sadness in the cats. Even though they had plentiful prey, warm shelter, company, and happiness, it still wasn't living. They'd never again be physical, feel the solidity of real dirt and the slip of water over fur. But at the very least, they'd still be able to watch family and friends live and grow and thrive. Awaking in the cave again, she slowly opened her eyes, the darkness filtering in. Standing, she looked towards her apprentice, and a small smile crossed her muzzle, as she was glad to be back in her own body. "I hope you enjoyed that. Get used to it, at the very least- you'll be taking quite a few more trips," she mewed, her voice even now low and quiet, in respect for their ancestors that were most certainly watching. Ready to leave, she limped her way to the entrance, and left.

Brunch February 1st, 2017 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover (Post 156087)

Geckoleaf let out a slight sigh as the dream slipped away, the heavenly vision of their StarClan warriors gently fading to black. It was always disappointing to leave their world, of peace and rest. But she had also seen an air of sadness in the cats. Even though they had plentiful prey, warm shelter, company, and happiness, it still wasn't living. They'd never again be physical, feel the solidity of real dirt and the slip of water over fur. But at the very least, they'd still be able to watch family and friends live and grow and thrive. Awaking in the cave again, she slowly opened her eyes, the darkness filtering in. Standing, she looked towards her apprentice, and a small smile crossed her muzzle, as she was glad to be back in her own body. "I hope you enjoyed that. Get used to it, at the very least- you'll be taking quite a few more trips," she mewed, her voice even now low and quiet, in respect for their ancestors that were most certainly watching. Ready to leave, she limped her way to the entrance, and left.

Arcticpaw smiled softly at his mentor as he slipped beside her, stabling her against himself as she limped up the incline of the StarCave. Though Arcticpaw knew he would never get used to the feeling of being sucked into nothingness, he was still anxious for the next visit to the strange cave. Before his paws reached the surface, the tom stole one last glance of the flickering cave, storing it in his mind for next time. Before he scrambled to feel the soft ground beneath his paws, he smiled at large stone, "I'll see you again..." Arcticpaw whispered into nothingness, his soft tone dripping with something of sadness, and that of joy. As the tom looked at the star woven sky, he could have sworn he saw Nightpelt in Silverpelt, her beautiful emerald gaze soothing him.

Clover February 1st, 2017 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudy (Post 156311)
Arcticpaw smiled softly at his mentor as he slipped beside her, stabling her against himself as she limped up the incline of the StarCave. Though Arcticpaw knew he would never get used to the feeling of being sucked into nothingness, he was still anxious for the next visit to the strange cave. Before his paws reached the surface, the tom stole one last glance of the flickering cave, storing it in his mind for next time. Before he scrambled to feel the soft ground beneath his paws, he smiled at the large stone, "I'll see you again..." Arcticpaw whispered into nothingness, his soft tone dripping with something of sadness, and that of joy. As the tom looked at the star woven sky, he could have sworn he saw Nightpelt in Silverpelt, her beautiful emerald gaze soothing him.

She listened to his whispered words, but said nothing, knowing that this experience was something for him, not her. But it still made Geckoleaf a bit nostalgic from the past; she had uttered near that same phrase when she first received the title of medicine cat apprentice. But that was in the past, and the past was where it would remain. She waited for the moment it took him to cement the cave in his mind, some of her weight pressed again his body, though only enough so that she could walk without pain. And she stayed silent still as they left the cave, and the cool night air, mixed with frigid hints of winter, blew across them. Then the long, arduous walk began, and they made their way home.

lone February 2nd, 2017 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz (Post 153384)

@Duskflight @Lonestar23

[just you two left]

Snowstorm approached the soon-to-be leader, her hues shining with excitement. In all honesty, she was nervous- she was worried that she might mess it up, but hopefully everything would go alright. "Greetings, Blazingstorm. My name is Snowstorm- I used to be a former warrior of WindClan. It is an honor and pleasure to meet you." She lowered her head and pressed her nose to his. "With this life, I give you love. Use it wisely, for love- true love- is not something to be given freely." She mewed, before straightening back up and glancing at the Deputy. He looked young- not more then 40 moons. She had been a young warrior when she had died, as well. She hoped that he would be able to lead WindClan in a way that would fix the divided Clan. The Clan was meant to stand together, not be divided over things. She thought with a pang of sadness. Part of her was glad that she was no longer alive to have to live through this. Part of her was sad- she wished that the disaster had never occurred, but perhaps some good was coming from it. Before she walked away, she glanced back at him. "Oh- and Blazingstorm? Sometimes the ones you love the most are right there in front of you. Be careful not to make the mistake of losing them." She mewed, with a soft smile before she padded away. I did it. I didn't mess up. She thought, breathing a sigh of relief as she walked away from the soon to be leader. He would do well. She could feel it.

SuspiciousMindz February 2nd, 2017 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonestar23 (Post 157342)
Snowstorm approached the soon-to-be leader, her hues shining with excitement. In all honesty, she was nervous- she was worried that she might mess it up, but hopefully everything would go alright. "Greetings, Blazingstorm. My name is Snowstorm- I used to be a former warrior of WindClan. It is an honor and pleasure to meet you." She lowered her head and pressed her nose to his. "With this life, I give you love. Use it wisely, for love- true love- is not something to be given freely." She mewed, before straightening back up and glancing at the Deputy. He looked young- not more then 40 moons. She had been a young warrior when she had died, as well. She hoped that he would be able to lead WindClan in a way that would fix the divided Clan. The Clan was meant to stand together, not be divided over things. She thought with a pang of sadness. Part of her was glad that she was no longer alive to have to live through this. Part of her was sad- she wished that the disaster had never occurred, but perhaps some good was coming from it. Before she walked away, she glanced back at him. "Oh- and Blazingstorm? Sometimes the ones you love the most are right there in front of you. Be careful not to make the mistake of losing them." She mewed, with a soft smile before she padded away. I did it. I didn't mess up. She thought, breathing a sigh of relief as she walked away from the soon to be leader. He would do well. She could feel it.

The ginger tom-cat blinked as another warrior -- one he wasn't familiar with -- walked up to him. Another Windclan cat. Blazingstorm nodded a little and bowed his head a bit to accepted the life. He was expecting something calm and enjoyable, but he was in a world of hurt as soon as the life began to be transferred. He could feel the love a queen has for their kits, although something strange occurred, he could see three kits clear as day in particular. One a ginger she-cat while the other two were tortoiseshell kits. He didn't know why he could see them so vividly, but he didn't have time to question it as the pain grew intense and almost brought the deputy to the ground. He was trembling by the time it was actually over and Blazingstorm was huffing to catch his breath. His golden hues looked upwards to see her turn around one last time as she spoke. What was she talking about? Sagewhisker? But he didn't have time for a mate, why bother telling him this now? It was too late to saver their relationship anyway.

The Cannibal February 3rd, 2017 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz (Post 157427)

The ginger tom-cat blinked as another warrior -- one he wasn't familiar with -- walked up to him. Another Windclan cat. Blazingstorm nodded a little and bowed his head a bit to accepted the life. He was expecting something calm and enjoyable, but he was in a world of hurt as soon as the life began to be transferred. He could feel the love a queen has for their kits, although something strange occurred, he could see three kits clear as day in particular. One a ginger she-cat while the other two were tortoiseshell kits. He didn't know why he could see them so vividly, but he didn't have time to question it as the pain grew intense and almost brought the deputy to the ground. He was trembling by the time it was actually over and Blazingstorm was huffing to catch his breath. His golden hues looked upwards to see her turn around one last time as she spoke. What was she talking about? Sagewhisker? But he didn't have time for a mate, why bother telling him this now? It was too late to saver their relationship anyway.

After Snowstorm gave Blazingstorm his life, there was only one life left to receive and one last cat to give it and it's a cat that Blazingstorm would instantly recognize. With the most content and gentle of smiles, the golden toms previous mentor came padding forward with a quiet yet steady purr. Who was more suited to give Blazingstorm his final life than Cobraspirit, the cat who sacrificed his life in order to save his apprentice's,
"Greetings Blazingstorm. Goodness has it been a long time, and you've grown so much." A look of sad happiness crossed the starry toms face as he looked upon his old apprentice, preparing to receive his 9th and final life, and he couldn't have been more proud of him.
"This is your 9th life Blazingstorm, and with it, I give you the life of unbridled compassion. Use it well to save those who need your saving, to guide your every action so that those you love shall not suffer and to ease the misfortune and pain of your clanmates."
There was a pause as the old cat sighed before leaning forward to touch his nose gently to Blazingstorm's, likely for the last time, allowing the burning, warm energy of the life to flow into the golden tom before pulling his head back.
"I hail you by your new name, Blazingstar. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and StarClan grants you the guardianship of WindClan. Defend it well; care for young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity... Good luck Blazingstar."

SuspiciousMindz February 3rd, 2017 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duskflight (Post 159095)
After Snowstorm gave Blazingstorm his life, there was only one life left to receive and one last cat to give it and it's a cat that Blazingstorm would instantly recognize. With the most content and gentle of smiles, the golden toms previous mentor came padding forward with a quiet yet steady purr. Who was more suited to give Blazingstorm his final life than Cobraspirit, the cat who sacrificed his life in order to save his apprentice's,
"Greetings Blazingstorm. Goodness has it been a long time, and you've grown so much." A look of sad happiness crossed the starry toms face as he looked upon his old apprentice, preparing to receive his 9th and final life, and he couldn't have been more proud of him.
"This is your 9th life Blazingstorm, and with it, I give you the life of unbridled compassion. Use it well to save those who need your saving, to guide your every action so that those you love shall not suffer and to ease the misfortune and pain of your clanmates."
There was a pause as the old cat sighed before leaning forward to touch his nose gently to Blazingstorm's, likely for the last time, allowing the burning, warm energy of the life to flow into the golden tom before pulling his head back.
"I hail you by your new name, Blazingstar. Your old life is no more. You have now received the nine lives of a leader, and StarClan grants you the guardianship of WindClan. Defend it well; care for young and old; honor your ancestors and the traditions of the warrior code; live each life with pride and dignity... Good luck Blazingstar."

As Snowstorm padded away and settled back into the ranks, an achingly familiar ebony pelt with an alabaster star on his chest appeared. His golden hues still appeared with the same happiness he had in life, although he could see the sadness that lingered in his gaze as well. Blazingstorm's chest tightened with grief and he took a small breath inwards and held it, unable to control the emotions that welled in his chest. Cobraspirit. "I- I'm so sorry," he managed to muster out, his voice so small it was like he was saying his final good-byes. Blazingstorm bent his head to receive the life, enjoying the soft touch from his former mentor more than anything. As the life's energy poured into him, his legs almost buckled again as the intensity to protect his clan mates coursed all through his body. Was this how his mentor had felt the moment he jumped onto that Thunderpath? As the life's energy ebbed away, he was left staring blankly at Cobraspirit, his hues were teary, but he vowed to not let the tom-cat see him grieve. Hearing the ebony feline say he was proud made Blazingstorm happier and more at rest. This was the moment he wanted. This was the moment he knew he made it up to his former mentor and fatherly figure. "Thank you... for everything," the ginger tabby spoke, so much meaning behind his words. Blazingstar stood with pride, his hues gleaming, although not wavering from Cobraspirit. He was given his new name and his new responsibilities. His mind was put to rest now and he felt ready to show Starclan he wouldn't let them down.
He was Windclan's leader now.

Queenie February 7th, 2017 10:19 AM

:love85:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Inglewood Binks (Post 154157)
A pang hit Gyrewind as he watched the ever so young apprentice as she emerged from the group in the mist. His brow curled with distress, and he had to fight to refrain from appearing too sympathetic as he stared down at her. To his surprise, her eyes flashed of a warrior's wisdom. It caused him to wonder what really happened during the death of such young cats.
When the time came, Gyrewind bent his head low to meet the apprentice's nose. Note his flexed muscles. And yet again, a fire erupted at touch. This time, it was a blazing sensation, stifling his muscles with the intensity. It took all of his power to not stagger over, a scowl riddling his face and baring his teeth. Through the flurry, he heard her voice announcing the life; Bravery. One of his squeezed eye pried open to see her face right in his snout, while his shoulder gave a jerk when the pain broke his shield. He wasn't sure if he could stand it any longer- how long did it take! At once, she pulled away from his nose. The burning erased in his body, leaving behind another new feeling he wasn't sure how to react to. He opened both eyes to watch her walk away, relocating his slouched shoulders in a hurry as if he may look unauthorized. Was every life going to be so agonizing? And why?

Rockcrash took a deep breath. The dark gray tom was oddly nervous for the gift he was about to give. The Starclan cat could easily fight off any cat, but public speaking - especially something this important made him nervous. Despite his fears Rockcrash took a large step forward and opened his maw to speak. "Greetings Gyrewind, you have come a along way." His deep voice hesitated as he did his best to remember his life. "I am Rockcrash former warrior of Thunderclan. I died in a battle long ago." Rockcrash stepped closer, "I give you the life of strength. Use this to fight for your clan in the bloodiest of battles, and lead your clan through the toughest of times." The large tom gently set his nose upon Gyrewind hoping he had done his part right.

zinfranny February 8th, 2017 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queenie (Post 163414)
:love85:

Rockcrash took a deep breath. The dark gray tom was oddly nervous for the gift he was about to give. The Starclan cat could easily fight off any cat, but public speaking - especially something this important made him nervous. Despite his fears Rockcrash took a large step forward and opened his maw to speak. "Greetings Gyrewind, you have come a along way." His deep voice hesitated as he did his best to remember his life. "I am Rockcrash former warrior of Thunderclan. I died in a battle long ago." Rockcrash stepped closer, "I give you the life of strength. Use this to fight for your clan in the bloodiest of battles, and lead your clan through the toughest of times." The large tom gently set his nose upon Gyrewind hoping he had done his part right.

Gyrewind's attention flashed towards the advancing StarClan cat, its grey fur laced with stars. The tall cat straightened himself, holding his chest forward as the feline introduced himself and of course, the life. He felt a need to inspire a worthy figure in front of the Clans' ancestors, a worry as some of the warriors may scarcely accept his outlandish presence. When the warrior mentioned "you have come a log way," Gyrewind felt relief in his chest, admiration towards the humble feline, and a smile prying at his pursed lips.
When he stepped closer, Gyrewind's muscles tensed at once. He prepared himself for the unknown that this life may cost him. And as his nose pressed Rockcrash's, Gyrewind was stunned as much as he would be by pain. Emptiness, until a burst of sparks erupted in his very muscles, but snuffed out immediately. Following after that, two more of the same sensations in random order as if he were receiving blows from an invisible opponent. This time, Gyrewind could feel the cat's nose pull away from his. He opened his eyes and watched Rockcrash turn back, wondering over the fluttery feeling in his arms and legs, that almost felt like his muscles were trying to expand.

spade February 13th, 2017 07:09 PM

@Inglewood Binks

Watching from the ranks of the starry furred ancestors was Ambermoon. The soft and quite feline had primarily just observed during her time in StarClan, never really feeling completely at home with the deceased cats since there was always the one distinction between her and them: Clan blood ran through their veins, and housecat through hers. However during her time on earth, Ambermoon and her late son, Acepaw, had been accepted into ThunderClan, and had both trained hard to become proud members of the strong group of cats. Although her time was rather short lived, she'd built a phenomenal relationship with both the deputy and former leader Ashstar; the one thing the dark ginger tabby was good at doing.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, the feline dipped her head as Rockcrash return to his spot amongst them before rising to her paws and padding swiftly down to stand before Gyrewind. Her amber eyes glowed like the moon that floated above them, and stars danced in her bountiful tabby fur. "Gyrewind," she began, approval lining each word that left her lips. He was one of the few warriors who had left a strong first impression on her when first joining ThunderClan. His eagerness to serve his Clan, his level-headedness when making decision, his ability to see past borders and treat each cat equally. A smile crossed the she-cat's face as she straightened up, keeping her gaze locked on the new leaders. "With this life, I give you acceptance. May you use it to look past borders and flaws of those who wish to find a new home within ThunderClan, just as you did me and my son." The she-cat paused, searching the tom's eyes to see if he at all remembered her. She sincerely hoped he knew how grateful she was that Gyrewind had offered her and her son a safe haven in ThunderClan during their short time there. Without further hesitation, she reached up to press her nose against his forehead, letting the life flow through her and into Gyrewind.

Once the transfer was complete, the ginger tabby stepped back and smiled, dipping her head to the new leader of ThunderClan before turning around and disappearing amongst the ranks once more. She took her previous place and turned around, casting her starry gaze on the now empty clearing where Gyrewind stood. Patiently, she waited for the next face to appear, to give the tom another life.

spade February 13th, 2017 07:26 PM

@Inglewood Binks

Watching from the ranks of the starry furred ancestors was Ambermoon. The soft and quite feline had primarily just observed during her time in StarClan, never really feeling completely at home with the deceased cats since there was always the one distinction between her and them: Clan blood ran through their veins, and housecat through hers. However during her time on earth, Ambermoon and her late son, Acepaw, had been accepted into ThunderClan, and had both trained hard to become proud members of the strong group of cats. Although her time was rather short lived, she'd built a phenomenal relationship with both the deputy and former leader Ashstar; the one thing the dark ginger tabby was good at doing.

Shaking her head to clear her thoughts, the feline dipped her head as Rockcrash return to his spot amongst them before rising to her paws and padding swiftly down to stand before Gyrewind. Her amber eyes glowed like the moon that floated above them, and stars danced in her bountiful tabby fur. "Gyrewind," she began, approval lining each word that left her lips. He was one of the few warriors who had left a strong first impression on her when first joining ThunderClan. His eagerness to serve his Clan, his level-headedness when making decision, his ability to see past borders and treat each cat equally. A smile crossed the she-cat's face as she straightened up, keeping her gaze locked on the new leaders. "With this life, I give you acceptance. May you use it to look past borders and flaws of those who wish to find a new home within ThunderClan, just as you did me and my son." The she-cat paused, searching the tom's eyes to see if he at all remembered her. She sincerely hoped he knew how grateful she was that Gyrewind had offered her and her son a safe haven in ThunderClan during their short time there. Without further hesitation, she reached up to press her nose against his forehead, letting the life flow through her and into Gyrewind.

Once the transfer was complete, the ginger tabby stepped back and smiled, dipping her head to the new leader of ThunderClan before turning around and disappearing amongst the ranks once more. She took her previous place and turned around, casting her starry gaze on the now empty clearing where Gyrewind stood. Patiently, she waited for the next face to appear, to give the tom another life.

zinfranny February 16th, 2017 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 171124)
@Inglewood Binks

His silvery gaze was drawn towards the approaching feline. What struck Gyrewind was the bountiful wash of warmth upon her amber eyes when they shone on him. Not mere warmth, but a short-lived, and meaningful life was in the depths.
Ambermoon.
No, Gyrewind was not to forget. She and Acepaw, newcomers stepping into ThunderClan moons ago like what he once was. Like the dawn, Ambermoon re-entered his eyes from a lost liaison.
When her familiar voice spoke, Gyrewind listened differently. Like they were good friends, rather then another cat's ancestor. His eyes were huge and images of his thoughts, and a smile quirked his lips when she spoke his next life. Gyrewind reached for her touch with trust.
Acceptance. It swelled in his heart, like flowers to bloom in the sun with an array of vibrant colours. The life reached past pain, and gave Gyrewind the feeling of what the forest does come spring. When the life among the trees emerged again, when the plants surfaced and the fauna ran through. It made him feel exactly like flowers. Flowers to remind him of his touch on Ambermoon's life when she came to ThunderClan, and now her touch on his.
He raised his head peacefully when Ambermoon drew away. Gyrewind could still feel the flowers in his heart, and he imagined himself with the petals on his fur. Who knew such a short-lived relationship could come back in such a manner.

Empress Of Evil February 16th, 2017 11:25 PM

@Inglewood Binks

Crimsontiger watched Gyrewind with a blank face. This was the 4th life she would be giving, despite only having been in StarClan for a few moons. She couldn't quite agree and say that was such a good thing, but at least things would be restarted for the clans with youth. The black she-cat watched as gave Gyrewind a life of acceptance. The tips of her lips curled up, forming a smile of approval. A smart life to give, that was for sure. Crimsontiger respectively dipped her head to Ambermoon before stepping out from the ranks, ready to give a life.

"Greetings Gyrewind", Crimsontiger said, giving him a small but warm smile. "I am Crimsontiger. A former warrior of ShadowClan", the young warrior said. When she thought about it, it saddened her to know she had had her whole life ahead of her yet she'd died at such a young age. She tried her best not to think about it though. "With this life, I give you trust. Trust those you already have and use it to choose who else you trust carefully. Some will deserve your trust, while others won't. Be careful", Crimsontiger said before moving forward to press her nose to the tom's. She felt the life rushing through her, eagerly transferring to him. Crimsontiger may not have been in ThunderClan, but she did still hope that Gyrewind would help ThunderClan thrive through all it's problems. After a few moments, she dipped her head to Gyrewind before stepping back to hide herself amongst all the other starry pelts.

zinfranny February 17th, 2017 09:47 PM

@Empress Of Evil

Gyrewind looked at the ranks of StarClan and watched a frosty black feline come forth. He observed her actions, and how she kept a stoic mien but cracked through whatever warmth she may give him in a smile. He thought it was peculiar, a ShadowClan cat giving him a life. But he was one to talk.
The tall feline bent over to receive the life of trust. This time, and what nearly shocked him the most, his closed eyes erupted into sight of something he wasn't present to. A blinding white engulfed him, but in the distance of this nothing was ever so faint outlines of tall trees. Gyrewind nearly missed it, but a faint feline figure streaked out of the whiteness, with it, black smoke crawling from its path and all over his vision. Gyrewind felt alarmed as the blackness grew, and it brought a piercing hot wind to ruffle his fur and send him staggering, if only this wasn't just an vision. Upon the release of Crimsontiger's touch, everything vanished and Gyrewind found himself standing perfectly clear of a hazy, fake forest or blazing wind.
This made the tom's eyes a bit wider then casual. He watched her black, star-laced figure step back into the mist, but she left him wondering. He felt like he wasn't going to forget Crimsontiger's words of trust, and definitely not the fake but authentic-feeling vision.

wren March 2nd, 2017 01:22 AM

@Inglewood Binks

Wide yellow eyes graced the new leaders pelt at least several times before finally settling on him. Roaringthunder one of thunderclan's most loyal warriors, now walked with starclan. The grief stricken warrior following the death of his mate, had given the kit that had survived the birth to his trusted friend leopardspark before dyeing. Nobody could tell you why he was dead, not even he could recite his death before choking and refusing to go on. Though the one thing they did know of his death, was it wasn't suicidal. Which seemed odd because that seemed as if the only option to loveless toms awaiting his mate.

As his mind drifted off into distant memories I soft words were expressed before his head flciked back up, His grey pelt fading into a mist and being linned with stars he previously gazed at. Twinkling every second or so. As crimsontiger passed by him he expressed a small smile to the respected warrior before taking a stand. He noticed that he was the final warrior to give him this life, to send him back into the world to endure pain warriros and leaders alike suffered before him. He pursed his lips. He was not clan born. Like himself. A rebellious soul who was tamed by the enchanting clan life he sought. his eyebrows tightly knit together, finally Roaringthunder rose to his paws, carrying his bulky form with each graceful stride. He approached the Tom his chest puffed out and his eyes meeting his, locking into his. Unpacking the emotions that was expressed through his glassy optics.

He cleared his throat and stepped up to him. Standing only a mouse tail length away from him. "Gyrewind. I am Roaringthunder" he paused, gaze drifting to the toms paws then back ups to his eyes. A life of kindness. Of mercy. Of respect and love. he thought opening his jaws once again to continue, "with this pleasure bestowed over me I'm glad to give you this life of kindness. Though you may struggle to understand others learn to be kind, to accept what they are and know their limits" the massive Tom blinked once, then twice and then quickly fell back into a normal pattern. He bent fourth, offering up his nose to be touched. Though he thought this custom was strange and down right awkward for toms to do aside form apprenticeship ceremonies he felt like a bird with his need stuck out waiting to be bit.

He then shut his eyes dismissing clouding judgement that formed in his mind. A sudden spark was cater thriygh the touch, he felt the life drain from him as the static shock went down his body and leave him. Like he felt with treeheather. He gave the same amount of importance to gryewind and attempted to inflict the most meaning with it. This was his final life, make it count.

[ hush hush I know its and awful post but I'm exhausted and I wanted it done as soon as possible because that's what you wanted. So I just had problems with writing and the blockade of the creativity. I was deprived of creativity!! Anyways there you are. I'll be posting following yours for the goodbye and goodluck from roaringthunder ]

wren March 2nd, 2017 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inglewood Binks (Post 175087)
@Empress Of Evil

Gyrewind looked at the ranks of StarClan and watched a frosty black feline come forth. He observed her actions, and how she kept a stoic mien but cracked through whatever warmth she may give him in a smile. He thought it was peculiar, a ShadowClan cat giving him a life. But he was one to talk.
The tall feline bent over to receive the life of trust. This time, and what nearly shocked him the most, his closed eyes erupted into sight of something he wasn't present to. A blinding white engulfed him, but in the distance of this nothing was ever so faint outlines of tall trees. Gyrewind nearly missed it, but a faint feline figure streaked out of the whiteness, with it, black smoke crawling from its path and all over his vision. Gyrewind felt alarmed as the blackness grew, and it brought a piercing hot wind to ruffle his fur and send him staggering, if only this wasn't just an vision. Upon the release of Crimsontiger's touch, everything vanished and Gyrewind found himself standing perfectly clear of a hazy, fake forest or blazing wind.
This made the tom's eyes a bit wider then casual. He watched her black, star-laced figure step back into the mist, but she left him wondering. He felt like he wasn't going to forget Crimsontiger's words of trust, and definitely not the fake but authentic-feeling vision.

Cause quoting you just isn't working out for me today
XD why does technology hate me so darn much. It outs to get me!! ]

Clover March 17th, 2017 06:32 PM

@Lilly

Geckoleaf slowly made her way into the Starcave, feeling many conflicting emotions wash over her like waves, each one raw and stinging. Fragments of memories seemed to dance in the air before her- she could see herself, first entering, to become an apprentice. Marshsnow, standing by the Moonstone, beckoning her over. Arcticpaw, eyes gleaming with a youthful light as he was named. And finally Cricketpaw, her patterned brown fur becoming a washed-out tan from the stark lighting that filled the cave. She closed her eyes and paused, for just a moment, wondering what everything would be like if she had never come, never become a medicine cat- if she had stayed on the path of a warrior, strong and fierce. The musty air filled her nose, but was surprisingly calming; it was familiar, and nigh on refreshing, knowing that this was a place where her ancestors stood, and now her. Her blue eyes were slowly revealed as she opened them; the fiery molly felt more grounded but was still floating over the water of feeling that threatened to drown her.

She lazily shifted her gaze to Cricketpaw, her new apprentice, who was about to become a medicine cat. She smiled bitterly; it was a hard path, but one well worth living, no matter what happened. Turning towards the bengal, she flicked her tail, giving herself one more moment to recite the speech she had so carefully crafted, to allow Cricketpaw one last chance to turn back, but to simultaneously tell her how rewarding it was to serve your clan as a medicine cat.

"Cricketpaw.. I want you to know that this is not an easy life. We are persecuted, even unintentionally, for being lesser, or weak. We are servants of the clan, always putting others before ourselves. And, we can't have a mate or kits- ever. I know that being a mother can be so rewarding, but this path is not for those who want to be a queen. But, it is also incredibly fulfilling. You learn things no warrior could dream of- the art of healing, from the herbs to the illnesses, and how to fix every one of them. We learn the mysteries of StarClan, and of our ancestors- we learn of what they want, and how the clans can do it. Warriors respect you, even though they may act otherwise. And you form a very special bond with your mentor; I remember Marshsnow. She was like a mother to me, and we were very close. So please, consider this, and make the choice that is right for you. I think you are incredibly well suited for this role, but if you want to turn back now, you still can."

spade March 17th, 2017 07:14 PM

@Clover

Following her new mentor's pawstes as she seemed to easily make her way into the dimly lit cavern that stretched before her, Cricketpaw's mouth began agape by just a hair. The darkness and shadows that surrounded her sent shivers down her fur, but apart of her also welcomed it, as if it was somehow a home she'd never known about. Her bright blue eyes, vibrant with curiosity and wonder, floated around, begging to take in every detail of the landscape her paws now graced. She could feel the smooth surface beneath her, worn down by countless pawpads that had walked this very path before her. Was this where her father had come to receive his lives? Somehow, that ignited a tiny fire within her, and exasperated a warm feeling deep in her chest. She had been so excited to reunite with him, and now she was walking the same path he had, albeit hers for a much different reason.

The still young RiverClan she-cat let her gaze rest on Geckoleaf as she stopped, letting her own paws come to a halt beside her new mentor. Her heart thumped rapidly in her chest, like a fish trying to swim upstream, battling the current every inch of the way. There was no breeze this deep in the cavern, and ahead of them a light glowing from the sacred Moonstone. It nearly took her breath away when she had first witnessed it stepping in behind the RiverClan medicine cat. Now, a warm rush of pride filled each crevice of her body; she had been selected as Geckoleaf's apprentice. Though she hadn't gotten to know the medicine cat too well, since she was just barely three moons old when she was taken from the Clan, something about her seemed familiar. Maybe it was because Cricketpaw was unsure if her own mother was still alive. Perhaps it stemmed from the one longing desire to have a deep and meaningful connection in her life - not just another 'acquaintance'. Whatever it was, a smile graced her youthful maw as she looked up at her mentor, eyes shimmering with hope and excitement, more sure than they had ever been.

"I feel as though I am the least qualified cat for this," Cricketpaw stated honestly, heat rushing to her ears before she continued. "But, I also feel like somehow, this is what kept drawing me back to RiverClan, even while I was away. I am eager to learn the ways of a medicine cat, and to follow in your pawsteps, Geckoleaf." A calm, content tone shaped those words, leaving Cricketpaw's mouth in a voice just barely above a murmur. Every inch of her pelt tingled as if she had been struck by lightning, and it took every fiber in her body to remain still. Ever since she had left behind her mother and siblings and made the tremendous journey back to her home, Cricketpaw had never been one hundred percent sure of any decision she had made. What if her siblings were now all dead? What if her mother was no longer the feline she had looked up to all those moons ago? Yes, there were many choices the Bengal had made in her short life that she wasn't all too certain of - but accepting her role as RiverClan's next medicine cat? A smile spread across her face once more as she realized that this is why StarClan had called her home.

Clover March 18th, 2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 203178)
@Clover

Following her new mentor's paw steps as she seemed to easily make her way into the dimly lit cavern that stretched before her, Cricketpaw's mouth began agape by just a hair. The darkness and shadows that surrounded her sent shivers down her fur, but apart of her also welcomed it, as if it was somehow a home she'd never known about. Her bright blue eyes, vibrant with curiosity and wonder, floated around, begging to take in every detail of the landscape her paws now graced. She could feel the smooth surface beneath her, worn down by countless paw pads that had walked this very path before her. Was this where her father had come to receive his lives? Somehow, that ignited a tiny fire within her and exasperated a warm feeling deep in her chest. She had been so excited to reunite with him, and now she was walking the same path he had, albeit hers for a much different reason.

The still young RiverClan she-cat let her gaze rest on Geckoleaf as she stopped, letting her own paws come to a halt beside her new mentor. Her heart thumped rapidly in her chest, like a fish trying to swim upstream, battling the current every inch of the way. There was no breeze this deep in the cavern, and ahead of them, a light glowing from the sacred Moonstone. It nearly took her breath away when she had first witnessed it stepping in behind the RiverClan medicine cat. Now, a warm rush of pride filled each crevice of her body; she had been selected as Geckoleaf's apprentice. Though she hadn't gotten to know the medicine cat too well, since she was just barely three moons old when she was taken from the Clan, something about her seemed familiar. Maybe it was because Cricketpaw was unsure if her own mother was still alive. Perhaps it stemmed from the one longing desire to have a deep and meaningful connection in her life - not just another 'acquaintance'. Whatever it was, a smile graced her youthful maw as she looked up at her mentor, eyes shimmering with hope and excitement, surer than they had ever been.

"I feel as though I am the least qualified cat for this," Cricketpaw stated honestly, heat rushing to her ears before she continued. "But, I also feel like somehow, this is what kept drawing me back to RiverClan, even while I was away. I am eager to learn the ways of a medicine cat, and to follow in your paw steps, Geckoleaf." A calm, content tone shaped those words, leaving Cricketpaw's mouth in a voice just barely above a murmur. Every inch of her pelt tingled as if she had been struck by lightning, and it took every fiber in her body to remain still. Ever since she had left behind her mother and siblings and made the tremendous journey back to her home, Cricketpaw had never been one hundred percent sure of any decision she had made. What if her siblings were now all dead? What if her mother was no longer the feline she had looked up to all those moons ago? Yes, there were many choices the Bengal had made in her short life that she wasn't all too certain of - but accepting her role as RiverClan's next medicine cat? A smile spread across her face once more as she realized that this is why StarClan had called her home.

The smooth rock beneath her feet was familiar and even more comforting. This place was not her home, but it was a refuge, as she hoped it would be for Cricketpaw. She wanted many things for Cricketpaw- for her to be satisfied as a medicine cat, and be able to enjoy her life. For her to actually receive her full name, unlike Arcticpaw had. She mostly just wanted the young molly to live a happy, fulfilling life, devoid of the hardships that Geckoleaf herself had to face; loneliness, the feeling of everyone leaving her, the inability to hunt even if you so choose, and the feeling that you could never heal enough. But, she also had a greatest fear for Cricketpaw; that she would break under the strain of seeing so much death and sickness. That she would be mentally cut in two, after seeing so many cats she tried desperately gave die. Maybe it was just Geckoleaf, but those mental images could be debilitating to her, at times.

She watched her new apprentice for a moment longer, the way she seemed exciting seeming to light up her face. Her eyes gleamed with excitement, and the fiery tabby could sense the restlessness just beneath the surface. The smile on her face was sure and genuine, and she seemed ecstatic to be her, to become medicine cat- despite everything, she still seemed to want to endure everything that could happen to her yet. Geckoleaf's tail involuntarily flicked, both with pride and happiness; here was someone who could respect the work that the healers of the clans did, and participate herself. Here was a youth who respected StarClan and their ways. And here, in front of her, was a she-cat who would be willing to serve others, and sacrifice herself for their sakes.

Geckoleaf intently listened to the quietly uttered words of Cricketpaw, that seemed to echo quietly in the small, damp cave, her voice surprisingly soft, due to the strange way the walls seemed to absorb the sound. Geckoleaf's ears swiveled towards the bengal, the soft fur tickling the sensitive insides of her audits as they rotated. Every word seemed thought out, and her tone suggested that she was feeling calmer, more centered and present. The medicine cat smiled, her own wordless praise at the molly's wonderful ability to stay relaxed. "Alright then, follow me. Be careful- this path can be slick sometimes with dew, and I myself have occasionally slid," she mewed quietly, out of respect for the ancestors that seemed to dwell within this sacred place.

Turning tale, she hobbled her way down the smooth, worn stone path, her three good legs working together awkwardly, until she developed a slightly faster, although seemingly more bumpy gait. She crossed the small distance between the path and the Moonstone without looking back at Cricketpaw; she could easily keep up with a three-legged medicine cat. The Moonstone seemed to get brighter and more intense as she got closer to it, the light eventually hurting her eyes, until they adjusted to the added brightness. She stopped next to the Moonstone, waiting only a moment for Cricketpaw caught up, before launching straight into the customary ceremony; she wasted no time, as she felt a strange pull for her to officially become her apprentice, in the eyes of StarClan.

"Cricketpaw, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat? (It is.) Then come forward. " She turned away from the molly, and towards the gleaming crystal. "Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. She has chosen to pursue the sacred path of a medicine cat. Grant her wisdom and insight beyond her years, so that she may serve her clan with grace and tact, and understand your will so that she may act in accordance," she said softly, ears flattening slightly as she finished. It was not the exact same thing that Marshsnow had said to her, or her to Arcticpaw, but it was still charged with emotion and it felt nearly painful to utter those words. "Cricketpaw, press your nose to the Moonstone."

spade March 18th, 2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover (Post 203727)

The smooth rock beneath her feet was familiar and even more comforting. This place was not her home, but it was a refuge, as she hoped it would be for Cricketpaw. She wanted many things for Cricketpaw- for her to be satisfied as a medicine cat, and be able to enjoy her life. For her to actually receive her full name, unlike Arcticpaw had. She mostly just wanted the young molly to live a happy, fulfilling life, devoid of the hardships that Geckoleaf herself had to face; loneliness, the feeling of everyone leaving her, the inability to hunt even if you so choose, and the feeling that you could never heal enough. But, she also had a greatest fear for Cricketpaw; that she would break under the strain of seeing so much death and sickness. That she would be mentally cut in two, after seeing so many cats she tried desperately gave die. Maybe it was just Geckoleaf, but those mental images could be debilitating to her, at times.

She watched her new apprentice for a moment longer, the way she seemed exciting seeming to light up her face. Her eyes gleamed with excitement, and the fiery tabby could sense the restlessness just beneath the surface. The smile on her face was sure and genuine, and she seemed ecstatic to be her, to become medicine cat- despite everything, she still seemed to want to endure everything that could happen to her yet. Geckoleaf's tail involuntarily flicked, both with pride and happiness; here was someone who could respect the work that the healers of the clans did, and participate herself. Here was a youth who respected StarClan and their ways. And here, in front of her, was a she-cat who would be willing to serve others, and sacrifice herself for their sakes.

Geckoleaf intently listened to the quietly uttered words of Cricketpaw, that seemed to echo quietly in the small, damp cave, her voice surprisingly soft, due to the strange way the walls seemed to absorb the sound. Geckoleaf's ears swiveled towards the bengal, the soft fur tickling the sensitive insides of her audits as they rotated. Every word seemed thought out, and her tone suggested that she was feeling calmer, more centered and present. The medicine cat smiled, her own wordless praise at the molly's wonderful ability to stay relaxed. "Alright then, follow me. Be careful- this path can be slick sometimes with dew, and I myself have occasionally slid," she mewed quietly, out of respect for the ancestors that seemed to dwell within this sacred place.

Turning tale, she hobbled her way down the smooth, worn stone path, her three good legs working together awkwardly, until she developed a slightly faster, although seemingly more bumpy gait. She crossed the small distance between the path and the Moonstone without looking back at Cricketpaw; she could easily keep up with a three-legged medicine cat. The Moonstone seemed to get brighter and more intense as she got closer to it, the light eventually hurting her eyes, until they adjusted to the added brightness. She stopped next to the Moonstone, waiting only a moment for Cricketpaw caught up, before launching straight into the customary ceremony; she wasted no time, as she felt a strange pull for her to officially become her apprentice, in the eyes of StarClan.

"Cricketpaw, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as a medicine cat? (It is.) Then come forward. " She turned away from the molly, and towards the gleaming crystal. "Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. She has chosen to pursue the sacred path of a medicine cat. Grant her wisdom and insight beyond her years, so that she may serve her clan with grace and tact, and understand your will so that she may act in accordance," she said softly, ears flattening slightly as she finished. It was not the exact same thing that Marshsnow had said to her, or her to Arcticpaw, but it was still charged with emotion and it felt nearly painful to utter those words. "Cricketpaw, press your nose to the Moonstone."

A moment of clarity seemed to overcome Cricketpaw as her new mentor spoke the soft words to her; despite the hushed warning her tone seemed to comfort the she-cat even more. She slowly closed her eyes and took a deep breath to steady herself. All around her the cavern appeared to echo with whispers of her ancestors, and for a brief moment the new apprentice felt invisible felines moving around her. Her breathing quickened just a bit, adjusting to her surroundings, before oddly enough she found comfort in their presence. "This is where I'm meant to be," she murmured, the butterfly feeling returning as she lifted her eyelids, a new spark of hope for the new path laid out in front of her was evident in her eyes.

Heading the warning, Cricketpaw let her gaze remain on her paws and the smooth rock paths as she followed behind Geckoleaf. She was careful as she placed each forepaw down beneath her, testing its sturdiness before breathing a sigh of relief and moving on. Since they had left right after the ceremony in the Clan, she hadn't much time to rest her muscles, and was still recovering from her long journey back to RiverClan. The weight of sleep deprivation still dragged at her, whining and clawing at her muscles for her to stop and curl up. Albeit her body was tired, the young she-cat's mind was wide awake with excitement and nervousness- which only intensified as the glowing illumination of the Moonstone came into full view.

A small gasp escaped Cricketpaw, feeling as though as though all the air had been pressed from her lungs. The gleaming light of the beautiful Moonstone sent tingles down her spine, and unconsciously the fur along it rose as well. Now, the whispers that she could barely hear seemed more clear, though she still could not make out any words still. She could feel deep within her soul that many cats had been here before her, and it was calming to know that this was a sacred place that tied all cats together, regardless of their Clan. And now, it was her turn to follow in their paw steps and accept her destiny as RiverClan's next medicine cat. There was apart of her that feared she would not be good enough, or be able to learn everything from her new mentor. However a bigger part of her, a deeper voice from within, seemed to speak belief to combat the negative words that swirled within her mind. You can do it.

As Geckoleaf began to speak the words of a ceremony she had never heard until now, Cricketpaw nodded softly, murmuring the appropriate "It is," after the opening question. Her heart quickened its pace as her mentor now seemed to be speaking to StarClan, and a stab of anticipation shot through her. She sincerely hoped that her ancestors would accept her, and that they forgave her for the secret she kept, of having turned to the soft life of a kitty-pet for a few moons after her kidnapping. A deep breath seemed to settle her racing pulse and then bengal turned her gaze to the Moonstone, studying its structure.

At her mentors request, she turned fully to face the Moonstone, eyes still aglow with excitement and curiosity. She took a moment, letting it sink in that she was now on the path of a medicine cat. She would soon be able to have the secrets of her warrior ancestors revealed to her. A strange calm settled over her as she stretched her neck out, softly pressing her nose to the smooth surface. A shock traveled down her spine at its cold face, but her body remained still as her eyelids began to flutter closed, a deeper calm sinking into her body like stones in the river.

Clover March 18th, 2017 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 203811)

A moment of clarity seemed to overcome Cricketpaw as her new mentor spoke the soft words to her; despite the hushed warning her tone seemed to comfort the she-cat even more. She slowly closed her eyes and took a deep breath to steady herself. All around her, the cavern appeared to echo with whispers of her ancestors, and for a brief moment, the new apprentice felt invisible felines moving around her. Her breathing quickened just a bit, adjusting to her surroundings before oddly enough she found comfort in their presence. "This is where I'm meant to be," she murmured, the butterfly feeling returning as she lifted her eyelids, a new spark of hope for the new path laid out in front of her was evident in her eyes.

Heading the warning, Cricketpaw let her gaze remain on her paws and the smooth rock paths as she followed behind Geckoleaf. She was careful as she placed each forepaw down beneath her, testing its sturdiness before breathing a sigh of relief and moving on. Since they had left right after the ceremony in the Clan, she hadn't much time to rest her muscles and was still recovering from her long journey back to RiverClan. The weight of sleep deprivation still dragged at her, whining and clawing at her muscles for her to stop and curl up. Albeit her body was tired, the young she-cat's mind was wide awake with excitement and nervousness- which only intensified as the glowing illumination of the Moonstone came into full view.

A small gasp escaped Cricketpaw, feeling as though as though all the air had been pressed from her lungs. The gleaming light of the beautiful Moonstone sent tingles down her spine, and unconsciously the fur along it rose as well. Now, the whispers that she could barely hear seemed more clear, though she still could not make out any words still. She could feel deep within her soul that many cats had been here before her, and it was calming to know that this was a sacred place that tied all cats together, regardless of their Clan. And now, it was her turn to follow in their paw steps and accept her destiny as RiverClan's next medicine cat. There was apart of her that feared she would not be good enough, or be able to learn everything from her new mentor. However a bigger part of her, a deeper voice from within, seemed to speak belief to combat the negative words that swirled within her mind. You can do it.

As Geckoleaf began to speak the words of a ceremony she had never heard until now, Cricketpaw nodded softly, murmuring the appropriate "It is," after the opening question. Her heart quickened its pace as her mentor now seemed to be speaking to StarClan, and a stab of anticipation shot through her. She sincerely hoped that her ancestors would accept her, and that they forgave her for the secret she kept, of having turned to the soft life of a kitty-pet for a few moons after her kidnapping. A deep breath seemed to settle her racing pulse and then bengal turned her gaze to the Moonstone, studying its structure.

At her mentors request, she turned fully to face the Moonstone, eyes still aglow with excitement and curiosity. She took a moment, letting it sink in that she was now on the path of a medicine cat. She would soon be able to have the secrets of her warrior ancestors revealed to her. A strange calm settled over her as she stretched her neck out, softly pressing her nose to the smooth surface. A shock traveled down her spine at its cold face, but her body remained still as her eyelids began to flutter closed, a deeper calm sinking into her body like stones in the river.

She watched intently as her apprentice knelt down, and pressed her nose to the cold crystal. Geckoleaf noted the shaky way she moved; it was most likely due to exhaustion, plain and simple. She'd be sure to give her plenty of breaks on the way back the RiverClan, and a long rest after that. She certainly couldn't have Cricketpaw breaking down on her first few days of being an apprentice; this time would be crucial to her showing her character, and Geckoleaf wanted to give her the best start she could.

She watched as the familiar calm passed over the young feline; she knew it well herself, and knew the peace that came with it. The sense of being rooted in place, of being solid and stony and grounded. This time, she would not participate; it was for Cricketpaw, not her, this time. But she still wanted to make sure that her apprentice did not panic, and stayed relaxed throughout the process. The fiery medicine cat had never heard of anyone panicking, but she found it better to err on the side of caution. Her tail flicked gently, and she sat back on her haunches, needing to rest her legs before they continued on their journey, back to their home clan.

The coolness of the stones against her legs and paws was just one more small comfort to add to the peace she felt here. After having a recent mental breakdown, this one particularly acute in its effect, being this relaxed reassured her that she would soon recover from whatever ailed her mentally. She was, by no means, a master of the mind, but she had to know the basics to be able to treat cats who had issues, even if only by telling them to relax and breathe every once in a while. She herself wished someone could diagnose the strange attacks that tormented her; the images of death and gore she had stored away in a corner of her mind would occasionally break free, wracking her with visions of friends and family alike dead, and the world covered in a thick layer of congealed blood. That was one thing that she hoped never happen to Cricketpaw, especially.

(sorry for it not being of the best quality. i'm tired, but still wanted to give you a post <3)

spade March 19th, 2017 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover (Post 204654)

She watched intently as her apprentice knelt down, and pressed her nose to the cold crystal. Geckoleaf noted the shaky way she moved; it was most likely due to exhaustion, plain and simple. She'd be sure to give her plenty of breaks on the way back the RiverClan, and a long rest after that. She certainly couldn't have Cricketpaw breaking down on her first few days of being an apprentice; this time would be crucial to her showing her character, and Geckoleaf wanted to give her the best start she could.

She watched as the familiar calm passed over the young feline; she knew it well herself, and knew the peace that came with it. The sense of being rooted in place, of being solid and stony and grounded. This time, she would not participate; it was for Cricketpaw, not her, this time. But she still wanted to make sure that her apprentice did not panic, and stayed relaxed throughout the process. The fiery medicine cat had never heard of anyone panicking, but she found it better to err on the side of caution. Her tail flicked gently, and she sat back on her haunches, needing to rest her legs before they continued on their journey, back to their home clan.

The coolness of the stones against her legs and paws was just one more small comfort to add to the peace she felt here. After having a recent mental breakdown, this one particularly acute in its effect, being this relaxed reassured her that she would soon recover from whatever ailed her mentally. She was, by no means, a master of the mind, but she had to know the basics to be able to treat cats who had issues, even if only by telling them to relax and breathe every once in a while. She herself wished someone could diagnose the strange attacks that tormented her; the images of death and gore she had stored away in a corner of her mind would occasionally break free, wracking her with visions of friends and family alike dead, and the world covered in a thick layer of congealed blood. That was one thing that she hoped never happen to Cricketpaw, especially.

(sorry for it not being of the best quality. i'm tired, but still wanted to give you a post <3)

A weird feeling swept through Cricketpaw's body as she remained still, her nosed pressed against the Moonstone. In her head, she saw flashes of light, and could hear cries echoing across the land. Whispers entangled themselves with the breeze, and multiple bodies hurried around her in a hushed silence. Underneath her closed eyelids, her blue orbs moved fast, trying to track each motion that passed her. Every sense was on high alert, and when everything in her mind went black again and her eyes flung open, something felt as though it had shifted within the young cat. Had that been StarClan she had just seen? The expanse of land that she had visualized so clearly in her head seemed to hold practically all the secrets of the Clans, and many figures were hidden by shadows, their gazes turning upon Cricketpaw with a nod before moving on. A shiver rushed down her spine as she pulled her nose away, blinking her eyes a few times to readjust to the light.

Slowly, the Bengal she-cat turned to look at her mentor, and a soft smile graced her features. She felt excited to get to know the medicine cat on a deeper level. From the way she had described her relationship with Marshsnow, Cricketpaw didn't realize just how desperately she wanted the medicine cat in her life. Now that she was back in RiverClan after escaping from her mother, the newly made medicine cat apprentice had no other family besides Russetstar and her siblings. Snakevoice, her uncle, had died, and Thornfrost was exiled from the Clan. The molly knew that she couldn't confide in her father whenever she wished, because he had a whole Clan to run now. As she gazed upon Geckoleaf, while thinking this, a small flicker of hope filled her chest as it grew; maybe she'll become just as close as family.

"I hope I can make you proud," she murmured softly, blinking once as she kept her gaze rested on her new mentor. From the images she had received in her head from touching the Moonstone's glowing surface, she knew how sacred and mystical this journey was that she was about to embark on. Growing up, she never pictured herself as the medicine cat. She always imagined herself as a warrior, hunting and fighting for her Clan. But nothing felt more right than being right here with Geckoleaf, accepting the responsibility and duty that came along with this sometimes rugged path. Most of the more consequential stuff hadn't fully sunk in yet, but from the happiness that stemmed from her heart and flowered within her soul, Cricketpaw couldn't ever imagine her life having a different outcome.

Clover March 19th, 2017 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 204783)
A weird feeling swept through Cricketpaw's body as she remained still, her nosed pressed against the Moonstone. In her head, she saw flashes of light and could hear cries echoing across the land. Whispers entangled themselves with the breeze, and multiple bodies hurried around her in a hushed silence. Underneath her closed eyelids, her blue orbs moved fast, trying to track each motion that passed her. Every sense was on high alert, and when everything in her mind went black again and her eyes flung open, something felt as though it had shifted within the young cat. Had that been StarClan she had just seen? The expanse of land that she had visualized so clearly in her head seemed to hold practically all the secrets of the Clans, and many figures were hidden by shadows, their gazes turning upon Cricketpaw with a nod before moving on. A shiver rushed down her spine as she pulled her nose away, blinking her eyes a few times to readjust to the light.

Slowly, the Bengal she-cat turned to look at her mentor, and a soft smile graced her features. She felt excited to get to know the medicine cat on a deeper level. From the way she had described her relationship with Marshsnow, Cricketpaw didn't realize just how desperately she wanted the medicine cat in her life. Now that she was back in RiverClan after escaping from her mother, the newly made medicine cat apprentice had no other family besides Russetstar and her siblings. Snakevoice, her uncle, had died, and Thornfrost was exiled from the Clan. The molly knew that she couldn't confide in her father whenever she wished because he had a whole Clan to run now. As she gazed upon Geckoleaf, while thinking this, a small flicker of hope filled her chest as it grew; maybe she'll become just as close as family.

"I hope I can make you proud," she murmured softly, blinking once as she kept her gaze rested on her new mentor. From the images she had received in her head from touching the Moonstone's glowing surface, she knew how sacred and mystical this journey was that she was about to embark on. Growing up, she never pictured herself as the medicine cat. She always imagined herself as a warrior, hunting and fighting for her Clan. But nothing felt more right than being right here with Geckoleaf, accepting the responsibility and duty that came along with this sometimes rugged path. Most of the more consequential stuff hadn't fully sunk in yet, but from the happiness that stemmed from her heart and flowered within her soul, Cricketpaw couldn't ever imagine her life having a different outcome.

Geckoleaf waited until she pulled back from the Moonstone, waiting until the apprentice had resituated herself. She saw the look of astonishment plastered onto Cricketpaw's face and remembered fondly her own first experience. The way Marshsnow looked on, amused in her own right, at the surprise she had felt. Her tail swished softly on the ground, and she stood up, watching Cricketpaw with a gentle gaze. Her eyes were bottomless pools of sapphire, paled by the severe lighting in the cave, light in an almost ethereal way by the luminescence of the Moonstone. Her fur looked strange, washed out-corral, and her white markings seemed to glow in and of themselves.

As her trainee stood, the intense orange tabby moved in a similar, swooping fashion, until she positioned a mere few mouse-lengths away from Cricketpaw, She could see the look of understanding fill the bengal's face and the hints of joy that danced along with it. Geckoleaf also noted the look of longing that flickered briefly in her expression. She flicked her ears, and her head tilted a minuscule fraction; did she want a strong relationship of some sort? Geckoleaf understood vaguely her life story and knew that she had often been left, much as the medicine cat herself had been. She understood deeply the feeling of being abandoned, of having no one to turn to in any time of need. She sighed sympathetically and looked down at the apprentice, who was already nearly as tall as Geckoleaf herself.

She listened to the quiet, hope-filled words of Cricketpaw. It was one phrase, a simple sentence, but it seemed to convey so much. A soft smile broke out on Geckoleaf's muzzle. Maybe this time, she could forge a relationship with this apprentice that would last; her connection with Arcticpaw had died with him. Taking a step forward, she gently pressed her nose to the bengal's, cold from being pressed to the Moonstone. Then taking a step in the opposite direction, just enough so she could see the molly's youthful face, she set in a stern, yet simultaneously gentle voice; "I promise you-you won't. I know you well enough yet, Cricketpaw; you will be the next medicine cat, and you will be far greater than I." In one smooth, impulsive action, she tenderly licked flat an errant piece of fur on her forehead, smoothing back the rogue lock with her bristled tongue. The motion was short, but she could already feel her budding affection for Cricketpaw, guiding her to do things even yet. "I think we should start our journey home. The sun will soon be setting."

spade March 20th, 2017 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover (Post 205661)

Geckoleaf waited until she pulled back from the Moonstone, waiting until the apprentice had resituated herself. She saw the look of astonishment plastered onto Cricketpaw's face and remembered fondly her own first experience. The way Marshsnow looked on, amused in her own right, at the surprise she had felt. Her tail swished softly on the ground, and she stood up, watching Cricketpaw with a gentle gaze. Her eyes were bottomless pools of sapphire, paled by the severe lighting in the cave, light in an almost ethereal way by the luminescence of the Moonstone. Her fur looked strange, washed out-corral, and her white markings seemed to glow in and of themselves.

As her trainee stood, the intense orange tabby moved in a similar, swooping fashion, until she positioned a mere few mouse-lengths away from Cricketpaw, She could see the look of understanding fill the bengal's face and the hints of joy that danced along with it. Geckoleaf also noted the look of longing that flickered briefly in her expression. She flicked her ears, and her head tilted a minuscule fraction; did she want a strong relationship of some sort? Geckoleaf understood vaguely her life story and knew that she had often been left, much as the medicine cat herself had been. She understood deeply the feeling of being abandoned, of having no one to turn to in any time of need. She sighed sympathetically and looked down at the apprentice, who was already nearly as tall as Geckoleaf herself.

She listened to the quiet, hope-filled words of Cricketpaw. It was one phrase, a simple sentence, but it seemed to convey so much. A soft smile broke out on Geckoleaf's muzzle. Maybe this time, she could forge a relationship with this apprentice that would last; her connection with Arcticpaw had died with him. Taking a step forward, she gently pressed her nose to the bengal's, cold from being pressed to the Moonstone. Then taking a step in the opposite direction, just enough so she could see the molly's youthful face, she set in a stern, yet simultaneously gentle voice; "I promise you-you won't. I know you well enough yet, Cricketpaw; you will be the next medicine cat, and you will be far greater than I." In one smooth, impulsive action, she tenderly licked flat an errant piece of fur on her forehead, smoothing back the rogue lock with her bristled tongue. The motion was short, but she could already feel her budding affection for Cricketpaw, guiding her to do things even yet. "I think we should start our journey home. The sun will soon be setting."

(this first interaction between them made me tear up just a tad tbh c,: so cuteeee)

Cricketpaw closed her eyelids as she felt Geckoleaf's sandpaper-like tongue move swiftly over her forehead. It sent a feeling over comfort throughout her entire body, and for a swift moment the young cat imaging Shellfeather was in her place. Her mother hadn't really shown her any affection when they were out of the Clan - always looking over her back. Whenever Cricketpaw had asked her why they had left, why they hadn't told Russetstar where they were going, she never answered. And one night, when Cricketpaw left, her mother didn't come searching for her. Still, being gone from her for almost a few moons now, her mother still didn't come back. Surely she still knew the way back to RiverClan. If her mother had really cared, wouldn't she have come back. Tears burned behind her closed eyelids as the thoughts tormented her like an enemies claw. Slowly, she lifted her eyelids, a fire burning in the depths of her ocean blue eyes. It made her want to work even harder to earn respect, to be able to have cats in her life that wouldn't leave her. Although she came across at times as a feline who'd much rather be by herself in her own little world, the young Bengal still longed for a deep connection.

Hearing her mentor mention that it should be about time they started home, she nodded, shaking each foreleg in turn as if to wake her tired muscles up. They screamed in protest, sending shocks down to the tips of her paws and she winced a little. "Maybe the first thing I could learn is what to take for sore muscles," she joked lightly, casting a smiling sideways glance at Geckoleaf. In this light, the orange tabby's fur was luminescent, the white zigzagging stripes on her back aglow in the well lit cavern. She stood tall and proud, her sapphire eyes burning with an intense illumination as she was looking at Cricketpaw. A sudden urge to please welled in her chest, and the Bengal found herself admiring her mentor. I can't wait to learn everything she knows, the young she-cat thought, pride welling in the depths of her soul. She stands so tall and proud, and the whole Clan relies on her. I hope I can do the same one day.

"Okay," Cricketpaw murmured simply, her words breaking into the thin silence that had hung in the air between them. Something about it felt comfortable though, like they could sit in silence and stare at the Moonstone for only a handful of minutes, and bond to be closer to the medicine cat than if she spent hours with any other cat. Sweeping her tail out behind her, she set her sights on the winding entrance of the cavern, the dying light of the sun just barely visible towards the end. It seemed easier to see the ground coming out of the Starcave, since they could somewhat see now from the light of the Moonstone behind them. However, Cricketpaw brought her gaze back to her mentor, waiting for her to lead the way out of the cavern and back to RiverClan, where her true path as a medicine cat would truly start to unfold; that thought alone made a smile flicker onto her face.

Clover March 20th, 2017 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilly (Post 205950)
(this first interaction between them made me tear up just a tad tbh c,: so cutesie)

Cricketpaw closed her eyelids as she felt Geckoleaf's sandpaper-like tongue move swiftly over her forehead. It sent a feeling of comfort throughout her entire body, and for a swift moment, the young cat imaging Shellfeather was in her place. Her mother hadn't really shown her any affection when they were out of the Clan - always looking over her back. Whenever Cricketpaw had asked her why they had left, why they hadn't told Russetstar where they were going, she never answered. And one night, when Cricketpaw left, her mother didn't come searching for her. Still, being gone from her for almost a few moons now, her mother still didn't come back. Surely she still knew the way back to RiverClan. If her mother had really cared, wouldn't she have come back? Tears burned behind her closed eyelids as the thoughts tormented her like an enemies claw. Slowly, she lifted her eyelids, a fire burning in the depths of her ocean blue eyes. It made her want to work even harder to earn respect, to be able to have cats in her life that wouldn't leave her. Although she came across at times as a feline who'd much rather be by herself in her own little world, the young Bengal still longed for a deep connection.

Hearing her mentor mention that it should be about time they started home, she nodded, shaking each foreleg in turn as if to wake her tired muscles up. They screamed in protest, sending shocks down to the tips of her paws and she winced a little. "Maybe the first thing I could learn is what to take for sore muscles," she joked lightly, casting a smiling sideways glance at Geckoleaf. In this light, the orange tabby's fur was luminescent, the white zigzagging stripes on her back aglow in the well-lit cavern. She stood tall and proud, her sapphire eyes burning with an intense illumination as she was looking at Cricketpaw. A sudden urge to please welled in her chest, and the Bengal found herself admiring her mentor. I can't wait to learn everything she knows, the young she-cat thought, pride welling in the depths of her soul. She stands so tall and proud, and the whole Clan relies on her. I hope I can do the same one day.

"Okay," Cricketpaw murmured simply, her words breaking into the thin silence that had hung in the air between them. Something about it felt comfortable, though, like they could sit in silence and stare at the Moonstone for only a handful of minutes, and bond to be closer to the medicine cat than if she spent hours with any other cat. Sweeping her tail out behind her, she set her sights on the winding entrance of the cavern, the dying light of the sun just barely visible towards the end. It seemed easier to see the ground coming out of the Starcave, since they could somewhat see now from the light of the Moonstone behind them. However, Cricketpaw brought her gaze back to her mentor, waiting for her to lead the way out of the cavern and back to RiverClan, where her true path as a medicine cat would truly start to unfold; that thought alone made a smile flicker onto her face.

(this'll be short so that you can rp with hexi!)

She looked proudly down at the young she-cat fondly, and a smile spread across her lips, wide and shining. She moved to Cricketpaw's side, and gently rested her tail over her apprentice's shoulders, tenderly guiding her towards the opening of the cave. It was a simple movement that held so much more; it was her affection for Cricketpaw and the fact that she wished to help guide the bengal, and allow her to have an easier path as a medicine cat. "Lets go home," she whispered softly, removing her tail from her shoulders, as she started trotting forward, loping awkwardly on three legs. The entrance was bright, the sunlight glaring after the darkness of the cave, but it was beautiful nonethless.

spade March 20th, 2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clover (Post 206436)

(this'll be short so that you can rp with hexi!)

She looked proudly down at the young she-cat fondly, and a smile spread across her lips, wide and shining. She moved to Cricketpaw's side, and gently rested her tail over her apprentice's shoulders, tenderly guiding her towards the opening of the cave. It was a simple movement that held so much more; it was her affection for Cricketpaw and the fact that she wished to help guide the bengal, and allow her to have an easier path as a medicine cat. "Lets go home," she whispered softly, removing her tail from her shoulders, as she started trotting forward, loping awkwardly on three legs. The entrance was bright, the sunlight glaring after the darkness of the cave, but it was beautiful nonethless.

(okie dokie! c: )

At her mentors soft gesture of laying her tail over her shoulders and guiding her back up the winding path, Cricketpaw felt more at ease. Her blue eyes concentrated on the light drawing near to them and as they emerged back onto WindClan territory she could see the dying rays of the sun setting just beyond the vast expanse of territory. Their orange rays cast shadows across the lands, but they didn't quite reach both her and Geckoleaf yet, and both cats were illuminated against it's far eaching glow. Nodding to her mentor as she mentioned going home, Cricketpaw fell into a quick pace beside Geckoleaf, every once in awhile casting quick glances her way. She had noticed her leg and felt a stab of guilt for some reason that she had to travel out all this way for her ceremony. But if anything, the young bengal had learned of the medicine cat's spirit and strength, and that she was able to push through anything. Once again, a shot of pride and admiration for the older she-cat rushed from ear to tail-tip, and Cricketpaw smiled before resting her gaze forward, sighing softly as they continued on their way home.

Random Melody April 13th, 2017 11:16 AM

Snowsong made her way quietly through the Starcave. The Siamese could barely see in front of her, so she had her black tail brushing against the walls of the cave, as well as her whiskers, to find her way through. Her short fur prickled slightly with worry. She was to be the new leader. Was she ready for this? She just became deputy!

Her legs trembled as she continued forward, her gaze focusing on a bright glow ahead. That must be the crystal. She thought at once, her ears pricking up at the sudden light in the dark cave. As she neared closer, her thoughts drifted back to everything that had happened..

Gyrestar disappeared. A pained look shot across her face as she thought of the old leader. Was he dead? Did he die? Would he return? She wanted to turn and search for him. But she had, she'd searched for so long. ThunderClan couldnt go on without a leader.

Snowsong gritted her teeth slightly. I should have looked more. She thought, closing her eyes for a moment as she continued. She had given up when his trail suddenly cut off. Why had he just disappeared into thin air? Did StarClan approve of this?

Sighing, Snowsong let these thoughts drift away as she stared down at the crystal. Just touch your nose to it, you'll know what to do. Roarclaw's voice rang in her head. The soon-to-be leader closed her eyes, then bent her head and touched her nose to the stone, falling unconscious almost at once.

She awoke to find herself, no longer in the Starcave, but a place she could not recognize. Immediately she pushed herself to her paws and gazed around in wonder, eyes wide. Is this StarClan? She thought, padding forward as she tilted her head, glancing around. Everything was silent. It looked like it was nighttime, but the stars glimmering everywhere lit up the whole area, and Snowsong just gazed around in awe.

This is it...

( @Beep Beep Im a Blue Sheep @bad company @BluBunny @Empress Of Evil @Ludicrous Lunacy @Moonfur @Spirit )
(Blue Sheep, you're up ^^)

Teggy April 13th, 2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Melody (Post 229015)
Snowsong made her way quietly through the Starcave. The Siamese could barely see in front of her, so she had her black tail brushing against the walls of the cave, as well as her whiskers, to find her way through. Her short fur prickled slightly with worry. She was to be the new leader. Was she ready for this? She just became deputy!

Her legs trembled as she continued forward, her gaze focusing on a bright glow ahead. That must be the crystal. She thought at once, her ears pricking up at the sudden light in the dark cave. As she neared closer, her thoughts drifted back to everything that had happened..

Gyrestar disappeared. A pained look shot across her face as she thought of the old leader. Was he dead? Did he die? Would he return? She wanted to turn and search for him. But she had, she'd searched for so long. ThunderClan couldnt go on without a leader.

Snowsong gritted her teeth slightly. I should have looked more. She thought, closing her eyes for a moment as she continued. She had given up when his trail suddenly cut off. Why had he just disappeared into thin air? Did StarClan approve of this?

Sighing, Snowsong let these thoughts drift away as she stared down at the crystal. Just touch your nose to it, you'll know what to do. Roarclaw's voice rang in her head. The soon-to-be leader closed her eyes, then bent her head and touched her nose to the stone, falling unconscious almost at once.

She awoke to find herself, no longer in the Starcave, but a place she could not recognize. Immediately she pushed herself to her paws and gazed around in wonder, eyes wide. Is this StarClan? She thought, padding forward as she tilted her head, glancing around. Everything was silent. It looked like it was nighttime, but the stars glimmering everywhere lit up the whole area, and Snowsong just gazed around in awe.

This is it...

( @Beep Beep Im a Blue Sheep @bad company @BluBunny @Empress Of Evil @Ludicrous Lunacy @Moonfur @Spirit )
(Blue Sheep, you're up ^^)

Silverheart sat in StarClan.
"So GYrestar had gone missing..." she whispered.
"Perhaps I should help the new leader out a bit..." she began to make her way to where she would meet Snowsong.