Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   ThunderClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   ThunderClan Apprentices' Den (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64410)

dino. May 22nd, 2023 09:04 PM

ThunderClan Apprentices' Den

Settled right next to the medicine cat's den, this space is crafted from brambles, branches, and various added ferns, providing a well-protected home for ThunderClan's youth.

littlelove May 22nd, 2023 09:28 PM

Re: ThunderClan Apprentices' Den

This wasn't home, but it had to be.

Cinderpaw stared listlessly over what was supposed to be the new apprentice's den and cursed the stars again. They couldn't, wouldn't ever stop ripping what Thunderclan knew from between her claws. Keep marching on, they told her, but for what?

Probably for their entertainment. But as long as these kids made their home here, Cinderpaw couldn't just abandon them. Not like how everything had done to her.

This wasn't home, but what was theirs had to be hers.

[open]

Poprock May 22nd, 2023 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littlelove (Post 1422180)
This wasn't home, but it had to be.

Cinderpaw stared listlessly over what was supposed to be the new apprentice's den and cursed the stars again. They couldn't, wouldn't ever stop ripping what Thunderclan knew from between her claws. Keep marching on, they told her, but for what?

Probably for their entertainment. But as long as these kids made their home here, Cinderpaw couldn't just abandon them. Not like how everything had done to her.

This wasn't home, but what was theirs had to be hers.

[open]

Pebblepaw looked around her new den with a huff. Her and her siblings had worked hard on making their new camp less... gross. Replacing the moss and grime with woven vines and a sprinkle of magic. A dash of love. And a whole lot of sweat. Seriously... she had underestimated how much work it took to build a den! It wasn't home... at least not yet. But Foxflurry seemed to like it... so Pebs could at least try.

Cinderpaw also seemed a bit judgmental of the new camp. Weirdly, it made Pebblepaw feel a little bit better. She wasn't alone in wishing they could return home and forget all about this new place. "This is my nest." She spoke suddenly, a white paw pointing towards her fluffy - if not a bit messy - bed. It wasn't as fabulous as Wolfie's, but it was comfy. "The one back home was bigger, but I made this one have more softness to it." She looked to the apprentice... er- warrior.... UH medicine cat apprentice expectantly. Did she like it?

SpiritedWarrior May 23rd, 2023 10:22 PM

Crowpaw

Hearing the familiar, heavy paw-steps of his friend, Crowpaw sniffled and turned toward her, his green eyes shining with tears. The young tom didn't really know if she saw what happened between Crowpaw and his father- er... the leader but judging by her expression, which he seemed to not be able to read at the moment, she didn't know. With a shaky breath, he sat up and turned around, carefully scooping his blob of moss into a more suitable nest for himself all while he prepared to figure out what he could say.

"He- I... he- u-uh... I'm n-not his s-son any- anymore... h-he s-said s-so him- himself..." he choked out. "A-and... he- he s-said the same... same t-thing a-about Bluekit..."

Bluekit... oh, stars... where is she? I hope she's safe... and away from that mouse-dung of a fath- leader. I can't believe him. He's lucky he doesn't know how to fight. Damn it, what am I saying? I do know how to fight, I'm just not ready to yet. But I suppose that's going to change... Bluekit needs me to fight for her until she can fight for herself. Whether that's through words or bloodshed, I will protect her. Protect her from any threat. Damn, when I'm a warrior, I will be a better family member to Bluekit than my bee-brained parents ever were to me. I swear by it, and if StarClan disagrees then I'll fight them myself!

Crowpaw didn't care whether he was being foolish and reckless. All he wanted was for his sister to be happy and have the life he never could. Have the life he dreamed to have. If he couldn't have it, then Bluekit sure would and he'd make sure of it. If anyone disagreed, he'd have their fur in his nest.

"B-but I did it... I changed our Clanmate's perspective on that piece of mouse-dung. I got support. Cinderpaw, there's still hope in ThunderClan... you just have to keep trying. I- I have an adopted family now... Sootfur is my starfather."

MockingRabbit May 24th, 2023 07:39 AM

Woodpaw lay huddled in the back of the den, his ribs painfully visible against his flank.

Quasar May 24th, 2023 09:09 AM

Goldenpaw | he/him | open

The apprentice, limbs still sore from the constant activity, huffed as he dragged a rather large ball of moss into the newly constructed den. He needed a new nest, and this was probably the best time to make one. His fatigue was good motivation, giving him even more of a reason to make one himself. It would be a rushed job, sure, but nothing he couldn't fix later.

He finished rather quickly, patting down the moss in places while fluffing it up in others, and by the time he finished he still had a good amount of moss left over. He absentmindedly tossed it to the side for someone else to use before sitting down in his new nest, beginning to groom the dust and dirt out of his fur.

elaif May 26th, 2023 02:41 PM

v-Crackle'paw-v

Another not so good day spoiled the already sour Crackle'paw, sending him into more unnecessary tantrums. First when he woke up he stepped on his own tail, then while leaving the den he stubbed his toe, and to top it all off he had to hunt! Can you imagine hunting instead of battle training? Hunting was for weak losers... And he wasn't a weak looser. He was actually the opposite of that, but others didn't seem to think that. Truthfully, that sounded like their own problem, it wasn't his fault cats were so blind when it came to seeing his potential.

Getting sidetracked with those meager thoughts, he pushed them away and continued to his original course. Which was heading back to the apprentice den to sleep his troubles away. Perfect solution to any problem in his opinion. Stomping his way over to the den, the very moody trouble seeker forced himself into the den with a miserable groan. Finally! Now he could just res- wait... What!? This couldn't be! Stopping dead in his tracks, a horrible scene met his eyes. There laying in a freshly made nest was Golden'paw, that was bad in itself, but what made it worse was the fact that the other apprentice had occupied his spot! HIS SPOT! That little crap stain! Letting loose the pent up anger, he didn't try and stop the rush of words, "Golden'paw, you FAT OAF! " He screamed, " That was my spot! You just can't take it!"

Now, was that spot officially taken by Crackle'paw? ...Well, no. But that didn't matter! He had already claimed that spot in his mind fair and square! So this was an act of trespassing that Golden'paw was now committing! And it would not be tolerated!

// @Quasar \\

Ragwort June 3rd, 2023 01:53 PM

Shypaw crept softly and nervously into the apprentices den. she cringed at the loud voice of cracklepaw yelling once again at another apprentice. flickering her eyes back the she-cat decided it be safer to make her nest as far away as possible from that scary tom.

he was cute and all, but so loud and so scary!!!!!! shypaw shook her head softly and crept softly towards the far corner of the den. she used her small delicate paws to scrap together a comfortable nest. sighing with gentle contemptment, she nudged a bit of disturbed dirt aside from where she'd hidden her favorite rock. it was smooth and light grey... and had an interesting spiral pattern on it... it reminded her of something her mother once showed her, a seashell she believe'd it was called.

ah, sweet memories. she rubbed her cheek fur against the rock as she curled up into her nest, laying sprawled out. perhaps later she would go look for some feathers and flowers... to decorate her nest and her brothers. she know he liked More moss though then feathers in his nest then she did. oh well, at least maube he'd even come with her. he loved a good treasure hunt. just as much as she did...

noticing a tiny purple flower intruding out of her brothers current, messy den, she churred with laughter. ah, her brother! such a Tsundera. she gently tucked it back into his nest out of sight. she could only imagine what some of the others would say if they saw!

With a Deep Sigh she flicked her ears, her eyes once again going to were cracklepaw was shooting his mouth off... over a nesting spot? she flicked her ears back in slight befuddlement, she really didn't understand toms at all...

3/100

(open)

Quasar June 8th, 2023 02:12 PM

Goldenpaw | he/him | @Lillian

It was the middle of the night, and seeminly every apprentice was already asleep. Except for goldenpaw, of course. He was still wide awake, and apprently he would he doomed tonstay that way for a while. He couldnt leave camp without Flameheart somehow catching him (no he had no moved on yet), so all he could do way just lay in his nest. He sighed lightly, rolling onto his side and coincidentally facing directly towards Hazelpaws nest. Was she still awake? "Hazelpaw" he whispered, "you up?"

Madelaine June 13th, 2023 08:27 AM

Wildkit was inside the back of the apprentices hiding right behind some bedding He had made himself at home here, despite being a kit. The queens were complaining he was way to big to be playing in the nursery, so he decided t just stay away from the den. The eight moon old kit laid on the bare ground passed out sleeping. His paws twitched and so did his whiskers. After a while Wildkit would begin to move his legs as if he was running. He was dreaming of being out in the forest a mouse in his jaws as he moved back to camp. If only this was reality. He was really behind and he was tired of being a kit. He was an overgrown baby who should of flew from the nest. Instead he was stuck as a stupid kit.

[ Taken ] ]

SpiritWolf_yt June 13th, 2023 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine (Post 1432921)
Wildkit was inside the back of the apprentices hiding right behind some bedding He had made himself at home here, despite being a kit. The queens were complaining he was way to big to be playing in the nursery, so he decided t just stay away from the den. The eight moon old kit laid on the bare ground passed out sleeping. His paws twitched and so did his whiskers. After a while Wildkit would begin to move his legs as if he was running. He was dreaming of being out in the forest a mouse in his jaws as he moved back to camp. If only this was reality. He was really behind and he was tired of being a kit. He was an overgrown baby who should of flew from the nest. Instead he was stuck as a stupid kit.

[ open, takes place in the middle of the day ] ]

Stormpaw sighed as he and blazepaw cameinto the den, but before going to their nest that was far in the back den, stormpaw turned"Yes i know stormclaw were going out later with blazepaw to train and watched the sunset i know i won't forget!" the tom replied then guiding the deaf and blind tom to his nest. Stormpaw tilted his head as he saw a kit near his bed"hm.. rather unusual to see a kit sleep here" he mumbled then nudging the kit he sat down on his nest"what are you doing in the apprentices den? kits belong in the nursery" stormpaw said with a frown

Madelaine June 13th, 2023 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen_Coral (Post 1432927)

Stormpaw sighed as he and blazepaw cameinto the den, but before going to their nest that was far in the back den, stormpaw turned"Yes i know stormclaw were going out later with blazepaw to train and watched the sunset i know i won't forget!" the tom replied then guiding the deaf and blind tom to his nest. Stormpaw tilted his head as he saw a kit near his bed"hm.. rather unusual to see a kit sleep here" he mumbled then nudging the kit he sat down on his nest"what are you doing in the apprentices den? kits belong in the nursery" stormpaw said with a frown

Wildkit felt a cat nudge him and he woke up almost instantly. He was trying to sleep. He'd be attempting his own hunters crouch all day and he was tried. The apprentice sized kit looked at Stormpaw. "Because I sleep here duh.", he meowed. The young tom kit gave his pelt a quick wash. "The nursery is for kits. I'm no kit. I'm eight moons old, so technically I'm no kit. Plus if Bumblestar would lift those lessons I'd be one by now.", he retorted. Wildkit really didn't care for the new leader. Adding another lesson when he had finally been ready to become an apprentice. She was the reason why most kits were still kits when they were old enough not to be.

SpiritWolf_yt June 13th, 2023 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catherine (Post 1432933)

Wildkit felt a cat nudge him and he woke up almost instantly. He was trying to sleep. He'd be attempting his own hunters crouch all day and he was tried. The apprentice sized kit looked at Stormpaw. "Because I sleep here duh.", he meowed. The young tom kit gave his pelt a quick wash. "The nursery is for kits. I'm no kit. I'm eight moons old, so technically I'm no kit. Plus if Bumblestar would lift those lessons I'd be one by now.", he retorted. Wildkit really didn't care for the new leader. Adding another lesson when he had finally been ready to become an apprentice. She was the reason why most kits were still kits when they were old enough not to be.

Stormpaw stayed frowning at those words, the tom flicked his tail with a lick on his nose"just because your eight moons old doesn't mean you can sleep here already, I'm sure Bumblestar has a good reason for this. all lessons that the warriors teach is for the good of the kits... if your name has a kit at the end then your are a kit" The apprentice said trying to keep the conversation low"what if we made a deal? my deal should be good enough for you and i'm only doing this once because I would hate to see you make more of a fuss of not being a apprentice" he said with a little snappy voice"I'll talk to bumblestar and see if she will allow me to take you out into the territory with a warrior every once in a great moon until you become apprentice and you will just stay with your own rank even if you don't like it. I'm onl making this offer once so choose wisely, if Bumblestar is ok with this then you can join me, Blazepaw and stormclaw" he said with a firm voice.

[ least i wanna do is to see wildkit throw a big fit ]

C00L DUDE !! June 14th, 2023 04:01 PM

Vixenpaw.
Vixenpaw stretched, heaving herself up from her nest and beginning to groom. She sat up straight, swiping her tongue over her paw and pulling it over her ear. She enjoyed sunrise, and the presence before it came. She knew some warriors would already be out hunting, or just leaving.

She hoped she would be able to join. Her mentor wasn't yet awake, but figured he wouldn't mind. He'd had night-patrol for about three days now. She'd only been able to go on one of them herself. Vixenpaw had been making...alright progress with training. She gave herself a few more licks. She perked her ears, hearing the patter of pawsteps approaching the den.

Open RP. @'s appreciated!

Ian June 18th, 2023 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quasar (Post 1430796)
Goldenpaw | he/him | @Lillian

It was the middle of the night, and seeminly every apprentice was already asleep. Except for goldenpaw, of course. He was still wide awake, and apprently he would he doomed tonstay that way for a while. He couldnt leave camp without Flameheart somehow catching him (no he had no moved on yet), so all he could do way just lay in his nest. He sighed lightly, rolling onto his side and coincidentally facing directly towards Hazelpaws nest. Was she still awake? "Hazelpaw" he whispered, "you up?"

╔══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╗
Hazelpaw
╚══════ ❀•°❀°•❀ ══════╝

She had just been about to fall into a deep sleep when the annoyance known as Goldenpaw woke her up. Ugh! Hazelpaw would have kicked his ass if it wouldn't have pissed off the other apprentices.

"I am now, you butthead. What d'ya want?"

Ragwort June 21st, 2023 11:31 AM

22/100

Shypaw Yawned and Looked Up From Her Nest, Wondering What she would be doing today. she startled for a moment when a familiar orange face popped up in front of her before she registured it was her brother Burntpaw. She Smiled and Batted her brother gently in the face.

26/100

Burntpaw chuckled "hey, that tickles! come on Sleepyhead, Dogeye's Taing us Out To Train today! we're also going on a territory tour! it's gonna be so fun!" he wiggled happily full of excitement. today he would finally be allowed outside of camp. he'd get to finally start his training, and his mentor even agree'd to take Shypaw with them!

Shypaw blinked sleepily at her brother before slowly standing up to shake the moss off her pelt. she was nervous about being outside of camp... nearly had an anxiety attack last time she'd almost got to go out the camp walls. she still wasn't fully recovered from the shock of seeing so many cats at the gathering either. but at least this time her Brotther would be by her side... she was safe when she was with him right? she purred and nudged her brother. "lets get going then!"

justpeachie! June 28th, 2023 10:54 AM

✧–lambpaw;
he/him → a small, pale, curly-furred tom.
So. This was their… new home.

Lambpaw hadn't come to accept it just yet as he curled up in his nest. The fact that he had lost his old home less than half a year into his life was awful. Heart-wrenching, even, but surely it would make him stronger, and that's what mattered, right? Would Foxflurry tell him to be sure? Lambpaw wasn't sure. He'd only been an apprentice for a week or two. He didn't know his mentor all that well yet, but–forcing a smile one his face–he'd make sure to get to know them.

After thoroughly "reflecting" and determining that he'd spent enough time sulking in his nest, Lambpaw pushed himself up with a content groan, stretching out his limbs and smacking his lips. He blinked the dreariness out of icy-blue eyes, the blurriness beginning to ebb away from the corners of his vision. Sunlight filtered into the cracks between the brambles and brackens and leaves that made the apprentices den, though it was not unwelcome. Too much darkness would only make him paranoid, Lambpaw thought.

Sitting his rump right back down on his mossen nest, the boy begun to swipe his thorny tongue over his ivory pelt, getting himself cleaned up for the day. If he was going to be an amazing warrior, he had to first win the battle that was unknotting the matted fur that had somehow so violently criss-crossed in his slumber that one attempted was not enough to get rid of the mess. Ah, damn this mercilessly difficult-to-deal-with curly hair!!

[open]

biohazard! June 28th, 2023 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justpeachie! (Post 1438155)

✧–lambpaw;
So. This was their… new home.

Lambpaw hadn't come to accept it just yet as he curled up in his nest. The fact that he had lost his old home less than half a year into his life was awful. Heart-wrenching, even, but surely it would make him stronger, and that's what mattered, right? Would Foxflurry tell him to be sure? Lambpaw wasn't sure. He'd only been an apprentice for a week or two. He didn't know his mentor all that well yet, but–forcing a smile one his face–he'd make sure to get to know them.

After thoroughly "reflecting" and determining that he'd spent enough time sulking in his nest, Lambpaw pushed himself up with a content groan, stretching out his limbs and smacking his lips. He blinked the dreariness out of icy-blue eyes, the blurriness beginning to ebb away from the corners of his vision. Sunlight filtered into the cracks between the brambles and brackens and leaves that made the apprentices den, though it was not unwelcome. Too much darkness would only make him paranoid, Lambpaw thought.

Sitting his rump right back down on his mossen nest, the boy begun to swipe his thorny tongue over his ivory pelt, getting himself cleaned up for the day. If he was going to be an amazing warrior, he had to first win the battle that was unknotting the matted fur that had somehow so violently criss-crossed in his slumber that one attempted was not enough to get rid of the mess. Ah, damn this mercilessly difficult-to-deal-with curly hair!!

[open]

Sorrelkit entered the den, her ears perked in interest. She began to sniff out her surroundings. When she saw Lambpaw, she bounded up to him, her green eyes glowing with a sense of wonder.

"Hello. My name is Sorrelkit. Would you like to be friends with me?" She said while flicking her tail enthusiastically. She paid no attention to the nettles poking her paw-pads--she was just here to make a new friend. Especially since she had little to no friends here.

justpeachie! June 28th, 2023 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biohazard! (Post 1438210)
Sorrelkit entered the den, her ears perked in interest. She began to sniff out her surroundings. When she saw Lambpaw, she bounded up to him, her green eyes glowing with a sense of wonder.

"Hello. My name is Sorrelkit. Would you like to be friends with me?" She said while flicking her tail enthusiastically. She paid no attention to the nettles poking her paw-pads--she was just here to make a new friend. Especially since she had little to no friends here.

✧–lambpaw;
With a few more raspy licks, the knot finally became undone, his curly pelt returning to its natural state as he finished grooming his fur. A small figure entering the Apprentice Den caught his attention, and his glacier-hued gaze fluttered upwards to the approaching cat; a… kit? Their eyes beamed at the older apprentice, and Lambpaw couldn't help but smile.

Sorrelkit, she introduced herself as, before asking if he'd like to be friends with her. “I'd love to,” he nodded, before moving onto his main point of concern. “–But aren't you quite little? You shouldn't be in this den. Do you have someone in the nursery to be brought back to?” Not everyone had parents, he knew that, but maybe there was a queen watching over this little kit. However…

“Hmm… If not, I suppose you can stay with me for a little while…” The apprentice hummed thoughtfully, head tilting as he awaited an answer.

biohazard! June 28th, 2023 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justpeachie! (Post 1438235)

✧–lambpaw;
With a few more raspy licks, the knot finally became undone, his curly pelt returning to its natural state as he finished grooming his fur. A small figure entering the Apprentice Den caught his attention, and his glacier-hued gaze fluttered upwards to the approaching cat; a… kit? Their eyes beamed at the older apprentice, and Lambpaw couldn't help but smile.

Sorrelkit, she introduced herself as, before asking if he'd like to be friends with her. “I'd love to,” he nodded, before moving onto his main point of concern. “–But aren't you quite little? You shouldn't be in this den. Do you have someone in the nursery to be brought back to?” Not everyone had parents, he knew that, but maybe there was a queen watching over this little kit. However…

“Hmm… If not, I suppose you can stay with me for a little while…” The apprentice hummed thoughtfully, head tilting as he awaited an answer.

Sorrelkit huffed. "I'm not as little as I look. I'm actually four moons now. And no, I have no caretaker right now. Thanks for letting me be your friend!" Her eyes were aglow with confidence. What a morale boost! An apprentice wanted to be her friend! She felt lucky. Besides, knowing an apprentice would mean she'd get to learn everything early. Her tail swayed side-to-side and she flexed her long, lean legs as she tried to appear taller. She nestled herself beside the young tom, before rolling over and trying to think of what to say next.

"So, do you have any other friends here? Besides me? I mean, of course, I'll still be your friend regardless. Since I--uh, need a friend too. I don't really want to be lonely when I get apprenticed."

Sorrelkit sounded sincere and genuine. The dappled sunlight of the den landed on her silver fur, giving the appearance of darker patches. She was excited to develop her new friendship.

justpeachie! June 28th, 2023 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biohazard! (Post 1438244)
Sorrelkit huffed. "I'm not as little as I look. I'm actually four moons now. And no, I have no caretaker right now. Thanks for letting me be your friend!" Her eyes were aglow with confidence. What a morale boost! An apprentice wanted to be her friend! She felt lucky. Besides, knowing an apprentice would mean she'd get to learn everything early. Her tail swayed side-to-side and she flexed her long, lean legs as she tried to appear taller. She nestled herself beside the young tom, before rolling over and trying to think of what to say next.

"So, do you have any other friends here? Besides me? I mean, of course, I'll still be your friend regardless. Since I--uh, need a friend too. I don't really want to be lonely when I get apprenticed."

Sorrelkit sounded sincere and genuine. The dappled sunlight of the den landed on her silver fur, giving the appearance of darker patches. She was excited to develop her new friendship.

✧–lambpaw;
Ah–so she wasn't too awfully young. She'd be able to survive without constant supervision, right? Surely Lambpaw wouldn't get into too much trouble in case he was the one that was at fault for a kit being in the apprentice den. What confused him was that she didn't have a caretaker, though he supposed that he didn't either. Although, he wasn't a kit in the nursery, so did he really need one? No. He didn't think so. "No stress," he nodded at her gratitude, smiling.

Sorrelkit's question, however, caught him off guard. "Of course I have other friends," Lambpaw chuckled. The entire apprentice cohort were friends, he liked to believe. He was a rowdy kit, so he usually scared away any potential companions, so he didn't really get the chance to become an apprentice with anyone he was close with. He just had to hope he'd make some close pals in his apprenticeship, so then he'd have some buddies for warriorhood.

"Don't worry, I'll be here when you get apprenticed." That'd be in, what, two moons? Yeah. So he'd be eight moons, surely still an apprentice. It felt weird to have a younger cat look up to him–but it made him feel like he had a purpose. Lambpaw… liked it? No. Liked was the wrong word. It was still weird, but it made him feel… useful. It was a nice feeling. "Why are you in here, anyway, kid? Why the apprentice den of all dens?" Blinking, the boy smiled. "Knew I was in here or something?" He joked.

biohazard! June 28th, 2023 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justpeachie! (Post 1438246)

✧–lambpaw;
Ah–so she wasn't too awfully young. She'd be able to survive without constant supervision, right? Surely Lambpaw wouldn't get into too much trouble in case he was the one that was at fault for a kit being in the apprentice den. What confused him was that she didn't have a caretaker, though he supposed that he didn't either. Although, he wasn't a kit in the nursery, so did he really need one? No. He didn't think so. "No stress," he nodded at her gratitude, smiling.

Sorrelkit's question, however, caught him off guard. "Of course I have other friends," Lambpaw chuckled. The entire apprentice cohort were friends, he liked to believe. He was a rowdy kit, so he usually scared away any potential companions, so he didn't really get the chance to become an apprentice with anyone he was close with. He just had to hope he'd make some close pals in his apprenticeship, so then he'd have some buddies for warriorhood.

"Don't worry, I'll be here when you get apprenticed." That'd be in, what, two moons? Yeah. So he'd be eight moons, surely still an apprentice. It felt weird to have a younger cat look up to him–but it made him feel like he had a purpose. Lambpaw… liked it? No. Liked was the wrong word. It was still weird, but it made him feel… useful. It was a nice feeling. "Why are you in here, anyway, kid? Why the apprentice den of all dens?" Blinking, the boy smiled. "Knew I was in here or something?" He joked.

"Guess so, yeah. I saw you sitting here alone so I wanted to talk to you. It doesn't look like the other apprentices mind, so why not?" Sorrelkit purred, fluffing out her silky fur. "I came here for some adventure. Just to see what'd happen. And it looks like... nobody's going to throw me out, so my plan worked!"

Sorrelkit felt the soft undergrowth under her paws, and sighed in content. She liked the apprentices' den--even more so now than before... since she had a friend to pass time with. Hopefully, when she'd get apprenticed, she'd have more time to spend with Lambpaw too. She couldn't wait to be an apprentice! Her eyes were glazed with a new emotion: excitement! Two more moons, and she'd get a glimpse of freedom! "I think I really like you, Lambpaw! We'll be best friends."

Sorrelkit hoped this would stay true for the moons to come.

justpeachie! June 28th, 2023 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by biohazard! (Post 1438266)
"Guess so, yeah. I saw you sitting here alone so I wanted to talk to you. It doesn't look like the other apprentices mind, so why not?" Sorrelkit purred, fluffing out her silky fur. "I came here for some adventure. Just to see what'd happen. And it looks like... nobody's going to throw me out, so my plan worked!"

Sorrelkit felt the soft undergrowth under her paws, and sighed in content. She liked the apprentices' den--even more so now than before... since she had a friend to pass time with. Hopefully, when she'd get apprenticed, she'd have more time to spend with Lambpaw too. She couldn't wait to be an apprentice! Her eyes were glazed with a new emotion: excitement! Two more moons, and she'd get a glimpse of freedom! "I think I really like you, Lambpaw! We'll be best friends."

Sorrelkit hoped this would stay true for the moons to come.

✧–lambpaw;
Even just watching the little kit, he could see that she would make a fine warrior. Was that too wisdom-y? He wasn't a senior warrior, nor the deputy or elder, so he wasn't sure if he could really make that call, but nonetheless… this kid had some potential. Yeah. “So, you just plan to do whatever you want?” He chuckled, giving his paw a lick and swiping it over his ear as he shook his head playfully. “You're gonna be a trouble-maker.”

At her sudden exclamation, however, Lambpaw relaxed onto his side. His expression was humorous, though he appreciated the kits words. “We'll be best-friends,” he repeated with a nod. Would they? Maybe not best friends, but this kid was fun. He liked her. “–If you don't get your apprenticeship pushed back for sneaking around the apprentice's den.” Lambpaw joked, sticking his paw out and aiming to boop the girl on the nose.

“Mrs. Bumble-leader might not like young kits slinking around whichever den they like,” He said, tone only half serious. Lambpaw wasn't going to scold a kit that just wanted to have some fun! “–But don't worry, I'll hide you in case she comes looking.”

biohazard! June 29th, 2023 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justpeachie! (Post 1438442)

✧–lambpaw;
Even just watching the little kit, he could see that she would make a fine warrior. Was that too wisdom-y? He wasn't a senior warrior, nor the deputy or elder, so he wasn't sure if he could really make that call, but nonetheless… this kid had some potential. Yeah. “So, you just plan to do whatever you want?” He chuckled, giving his paw a lick and swiping it over his ear as he shook his head playfully. “You're gonna be a trouble-maker.”

At her sudden exclamation, however, Lambpaw relaxed onto his side. His expression was humorous, though he appreciated the kits words. “We'll be best-friends,” he repeated with a nod. Would they? Maybe not best friends, but this kid was fun. He liked her. “–If you don't get your apprenticeship pushed back for sneaking around the apprentice's den.” Lambpaw joked, sticking his paw out and aiming to boop the girl on the nose.

“Mrs. Bumble-leader might not like young kits slinking around whichever den they like,” He said, tone only half serious. Lambpaw wasn't going to scold a kit that just wanted to have some fun! “–But don't worry, I'll hide you in case she comes looking.”

"It's fine if Bumblestar finds out. She should know that a little adventure never hurt anyone! Besides, I've always been dreaming about this one place way up in the mountains! Maybe one day, I'll get to go there."

She curled up into a loaf position, her ears twitching at the slightest sensation of a white moth against them. She pressed herself against her newfound best friend, and purred. "Bumblestar has to have had some kind of adventure in her life, right?! Like... when she was a kit, she'd probably want to go and talk to cats from other Clans, right? Because I think I like seeing what other paths of life have to offer, even if I don't choose them."

Sorrelkit knew that was a dumb thing to say. But she really did have interest in the outside world. Every day, she'd find herself wondering how RiverClan cats and kits felt--did they play mossball like her? Did they enjoy the same sunset she did? And... what about those cats in the mountains? Were they seeing the same beautiful clouds that so transfixed her? She hoped Lambpaw would understand her sentiment--her yearning to explore and learn about other ways. After all, everybody can learn something by seeing how other cats live, right? A little exploration; thinking out-of-the-box never hurt anybody.

iliri June 29th, 2023 06:02 PM

• Lambkit •
long-furred, round-bodied, dark brown flame-sepia point tom with icy blue eyes; singular white spot on chest

Lambkit was alone and bored, so he decided to stumble his way into the apprentice’s den, as the young flame-point tom had never ventured far enough to explore the apprentice’s den. Besides, he was rapidly approaching the age where he will soon become an apprentice himself, excitement rushing throughout the long-furred tom’s system. Maybe he could interact with one of the apprentices here? Or maybe even give them a gift? The last thought made the young tom giddy, quickly shifting himself to ruffle through his long fur and take out a small, crinkled ladybug. Unfortunately for the poor bug, it was rather presumed dead, but it could still be a good gift, right? Shrugging the thought away, he quickly picked the bug up gently by his jaws and began to stumble his way towards the den, popping his little head inside as icy hues widened with wonder and awe.

Woah! The den was much bigger inside than he had originally thought! Lambkit gave a beaming grin behind the ladybug that he held delicately in his jaws. Now, to go find someone that would take his gift and become a friend! With a loud purr, the tom eagerly rushed into the den, tiny bits of leaves and other items dropping from his rather stuffed fur. His brown fur looked rather messy and not the greatest condition, as the fluffy tom loved to decorate it with pretty flowers and herbs. Oh, and even bugs. He loved bugs, especially grasshoppers and ladybugs. Although, he didn’t quite understand why his older sister, Lotuskit, didn’t really like grasshoppers very much. In fact, it upsetted him whenever he would give her one, and she would just eat it! How rude. Ignoring the tiny thought—well, except for letting out a huff—the tom-kit continued his little search, hoping to find someone soon.

Well, it didn’t seem that he had to search for very long, as his bright eyes caught sight of a pale tom, making the young kit swirl his head in his direction, his smile widening. Perfect! Eagerly, the fluffy tom switched himself to begin to walk in his direction, dark tail raised as he excitedly padded his way in the direction of the tom. As he grew closer into view, he quickly began to notice that this was none other than Lambpaw, a cat who almost shared the same name as him. That just made the young tom-kit filled with more glee! Same name buddies! “H… Hello!” He squeaked, wincing as he spoke through a mouthful of ladybug. He sat himself abruptly on his haunches as he happily looked up at the older tom. He then placed the little ladybug in front of his paws and flashed Lambpaw another goofy grin as he pointed at the bug. Would he understand that it’s just a simple gift? Who knows!

@justpeachie!

biohazard! June 29th, 2023 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ares (Post 1438735)
• Lambkit •
long-furred, round-bodied, dark brown flame-sepia point tom with icy blue eyes; singular white spot on chest

Lambkit was alone and bored, so he decided to stumble his way into the apprentice’s den, as the young flame-point tom had never ventured far enough to explore the apprentice’s den. Besides, he was rapidly approaching the age where he will soon become an apprentice himself, excitement rushing throughout the long-furred tom’s system. Maybe he could interact with one of the apprentices here? Or maybe even give them a gift? The last thought made the young tom giddy, quickly shifting himself to ruffle through his long fur and take out a small, crinkled ladybug. Unfortunately for the poor bug, it was rather presumed dead, but it could still be a good gift, right? Shrugging the thought away, he quickly picked the bug up gently by his jaws and began to stumble his way towards the den, popping his little head inside as icy hues widened with wonder and awe.

Woah! The den was much bigger inside than he had originally thought! Lambkit gave a beaming grin behind the ladybug that he held delicately in his jaws. Now, to go find someone that would take his gift and become a friend! With a loud purr, the tom eagerly rushed into the den, tiny bits of leaves and other items dropping from his rather stuffed fur. His brown fur looked rather messy and not the greatest condition, as the fluffy tom loved to decorate it with pretty flowers and herbs. Oh, and even bugs. He loved bugs, especially grasshoppers and ladybugs. Although, he didn’t quite understand why his older sister, Lotuskit, didn’t really like grasshoppers very much. In fact, it upsetted him whenever he would give her one, and she would just eat it! How rude. Ignoring the tiny thought—well, except for letting out a huff—the tom-kit continued his little search, hoping to find someone soon.

Well, it didn’t seem that he had to search for very long, as his bright eyes caught sight of a pale tom, making the young kit swirl his head in his direction, his smile widening. Perfect! Eagerly, the fluffy tom switched himself to begin to walk in his direction, dark tail raised as he excitedly padded his way in the direction of the tom. As he grew closer into view, he quickly began to notice that this was none other than Lambpaw, a cat who almost shared the same name as him. That just made the young tom-kit filled with more glee! Same name buddies! “H… Hello!” He squeaked, wincing as he spoke through a mouthful of ladybug. He sat himself abruptly on his haunches as he happily looked up at the older tom. He then placed the little ladybug in front of his paws and flashed Lambpaw another goofy grin as he pointed at the bug. Would he understand that it’s just a simple gift? Who knows!

@justpeachie!

"Who are you? My name's Sorrelkit, if you're interested in knowing that. Lambpaw here is a friend of mine, and I'd be glad to make another friend too!" The polite, well-kempt she-kit mewled. Her green eyes were only filled with sincerity, and she would be delighted if this new kit reciprocated her feelings. Sorrelkit's tassel waved from side to side as she stood up, stretching her already-long legs to appear taller. "I guess I'll have two friends when I become an apprentice, then. Maybe we can both be explorers together!"

Sorrelkit just beamed while thinking about the ventures she and her newfound friends could go on. They could go to the Highstones... to that place she dreamed of behind the waterfall. They'd be the best explorers in all of the Clans! And she could visit dangerous rogue dens with them, fight badgers, and talk to intriguing RiverClan cats! The thought kept her on her toes, and she was wriggling around, unable to contain her excitement, though she was taught to suppress her feelings and be polite and elegant.

tulin July 8th, 2023 11:26 AM

This was all just stupid. Stupid, ridiculous, and Flightpaw was furious. She stalked into the apprentice's den with her fur fluffed and tail lashing behind her. Green eyes were narrowed to slits and low growls could be heard as the dark tabby made her way towards the back. Her nest was back here, but also... this new den wasn't all that solid. Newly built, made from brambles and sticks and whatever else. For a long time she stared at the back of it, wondering... thinking. It would get her in trouble, that's for sure, but at least trouble meant being paid attention to. It meant not being forgotten.

With a last snarl Flightpaw unsheathed her claws and began to rake them down across the back of the den, tearing away at the newly built den wall. She kept at it, drawing large gouges and removing chunks of foliage and mud. With every cat out at the meeting, the den was practically empty. There was no other cat in here, which was perfect because there was no one to see her leave.

A final tug with her claws and at long last the sight of... a dark brown wall faced her. Mouse-dung! She lashed her tail in annoyance and looked around, reassured by the fact that no other cat seemed to be around. There was no way she would be able to break through an entire wall as sturdy as that. It seemed the plan here had come to a dead end, but there was one other way she could leave. Snarling in disgust the dark tabby whipped around and stalked out of the den, pointedly ignoring the continuation of the meeting in favor of ducking out of the dirt-place tunnel. There would be nothing suspicious about this, and no cat would likely follow her. Good.

Ragwort July 9th, 2023 08:35 PM

Fillypaw- Female She/her

Fillypaw Jumped up and Down in her Nest to Get ready for the long day ahead... plus she was going stirr crazy whenever she had nothing to do...
She Noticed another apprentice in the Den as Well... *THEY LOOK LIKE COULD USE A HUG!!!* the eccentric apprentice thought before pouncing onto the other apprentice at top speed to give them a Bear Hug

@CreeperLover649

bubble[error]. July 9th, 2023 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zei (Post 1442894)
Fillypaw- Female She/her

Fillypaw Jumped up and Down in her Nest to Get ready for the long day ahead... plus she was going stirr crazy whenever she had nothing to do...
She Noticed another apprentice in the Den as Well... *THEY LOOK LIKE COULD USE A HUG!!!* the eccentric apprentice thought before pouncing onto the other apprentice at top speed to give them a Bear Hug

@CreeperLover649

~~Cherrypaw~~

Cherrypaw sighed, sitting in her nest when another apprentice suddenly c came out of nowhere and pounced on her, giving her a huge bear hug. "AHH- JEZ, GREAT STARCLAN, WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!?" She yelled, thgrowing the other apprentice off her and glaring at her.

Ragwort July 9th, 2023 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreeperLover649 (Post 1442905)
~~Cherrypaw~~

Cherrypaw sighed, sitting in her nest when another apprentice suddenly c came out of nowhere and pounced on her, giving her a huge bear hug. "AHH- JEZ, GREAT STARCLAN, WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!?" She yelled, thgrowing the other apprentice off her and glaring at her.

the Puffball Apprentice Shrugged "My Hug Meter Requires at least one Hug Each Hour" Fillypaw mewed warmly, a warm smily on her face, unfazed by the shrug off. she purred loudly, making a chirking noise almost "Spending Love And Joy Makes A Million Cats Day" She Chirked happily

bubble[error]. July 9th, 2023 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zei (Post 1442914)
the Puffball Apprentice Shrugged "My Hug Meter Requires at least one Hug Each Hour" Fillypaw mewed warmly, a warm smily on her face, unfazed by the shrug off. she purred loudly, making a chirking noise almost "Spending Love And Joy Makes A Million Cats Day" She Chirked happily

*Cherrypaw raised an eyebrow at the apprentice*

Ragwort July 10th, 2023 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreeperLover649 (Post 1442926)
*Cherrypaw raised an eyebrow at the apprentice*

"I'm Fillypaw!!! Whats You Name? oooooooooo Is It Fluffypaw?" Fillypaw said with a cute tilt of the head

bubble[error]. July 10th, 2023 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zei (Post 1443088)
"I'm Fillypaw!!! Whats You Name? oooooooooo Is It Fluffypaw?" Fillypaw said with a cute tilt of the head

*Cherrypaw rolled her eyes and sat down*

"No, it's Cherrypaw."

Ragwort July 10th, 2023 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by CreeperLover649 (Post 1443092)
*Cherrypaw rolled her eyes and sat down*

"No, it's Cherrypaw."

"ooooo Cherrypaw, thats a nice name!" Fillypaw said rolling about like a wiggly worm on the ground

(Fillypaw pic by Pangolian)

bubble[error]. July 10th, 2023 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zei (Post 1443095)
"ooooo Cherrypaw, thats a nice name!" Fillypaw said rolling about like a wiggly worm on the ground

(Fillypaw pic by Pangolian)

(very nice)

*Cherrypaw watched her*

Ragwort July 10th, 2023 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreeperLover649 (Post 1443096)
(very nice)

*Cherrypaw watched her*

"Lets Wrestle!!!" Fillypaw declared, reaching out her forepaws to battle gently at the other apprentice

bubble[error]. July 10th, 2023 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zei (Post 1443099)
"Lets Wrestle!!!" Fillypaw declared, reaching out her forepaws to battle gently at the other apprentice

*Cherrypaw shook her head, backing up*

Ragwort July 10th, 2023 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreeperLover649 (Post 1443111)
*Cherrypaw shook her head, backing up*

"Was Wrong?" Fillypaw inquirred, confused that other didn't ant to play

bubble[error]. July 10th, 2023 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zei (Post 1443113)
"Was Wrong?" Fillypaw inquirred, confused that other didn't ant to play

"I am good, I don't really want to do any wrestling."

Ragwort July 10th, 2023 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreeperLover649 (Post 1443121)
"I am good, I don't really want to do any wrestling."

"well then whatcha wanna do?" Fillypaw meowed playfully