Warrior Cats Online

Warrior Cats Online (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/index.php)
-   ShadowClan (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   ShadowClan Elders' Den (https://warriorcatsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30566)

BEAR. September 28th, 2020 02:17 PM

ShadowClan Elders' Den

The elders' den is a patch of lush grass, ferns, and moss sheltered by the branches of a fallen cedar in between two cedars, directly across from the warriors' den. It is entered under a large gap in the branches and twigs of the fallen tree through a maze that eventually leads to a space inside. The cluster of branches is bare and often needs to have moss and lichen weaved within the gaps for protection and warmth.

Dovey September 28th, 2020 08:10 PM

Re: ShadowClan Elders' Den

(First)
Ravenkit hopped in, moss in his mouth. “Hello! Can I clear the den?” He mew’d. “Thornheart said I should! Cause that’s What apprentices do!” @Beck @punkscape

pidgeon September 29th, 2020 07:27 AM

@Star Wolf

Owlfeather's ears twitched when she heard a small voice enter the den. She purred with delight when she saw the kit--she so rarely got visitors. Not that she'd been inside the den much, with everything that had to be done. She was still adjusting bits of moss in her new nest to make it more comfortable.

"My nest is still just fine," she assured Ravenkit with a friendly nod. "Thank you, though, dear. You're more than welcome to stay for a story."

Dovey September 29th, 2020 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkscape (Post 815376)
@Star Wolf

Owlfeather's ears twitched when she heard a small voice enter the den. She purred with delight when she saw the kit--she so rarely got visitors. Not that she'd been inside the den much, with everything that had to be done. She was still adjusting bits of moss in her new nest to make it more comfortable.

"My nest is still just fine," she assured Ravenkit with a friendly nod. "Thank you, though, dear. You're more than welcome to stay for a story."

“Really?” Ravenkit smiled.

pidgeon September 29th, 2020 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Star Wolf (Post 815405)
“Really?” Ravenkit smiled.

"Yes," Owlfeather smiled, patting the soft ground in front of her. "Come have a seat if you'd like."

Dovey September 29th, 2020 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkscape (Post 815422)
"Yes," Owlfeather smiled, patting the soft ground in front of her. "Come have a seat if you'd like."

Ravenkit bounded over and sat down. “Thanks , Owlfeather!”

pidgeon October 1st, 2020 07:57 AM

@Hobbes

"Of course, darling," the elder purred, thinking of what story to tell. Something uplifting, probably. There had been far too much fighting lately. Perhaps she could try to brighten the view of her deceased daughter, Icestar. The clan now more than ever needed to see her for who she was.

"I'll tell you the story of how Icestar became leader of ShadowClan." She tucked her paws under herself as she began the story. "It was a dark time for ShadowClan. Windystar, the leader before her, had died, and his deputy resigned, so the Clan was left with nobody to lead us. Agaveheart, the medicine cat at the time--Stars rest her soul--was forced to take charge and keep everybody together. Myself and the other senior warriors at the time took charge of patrols and such. But shortly after this tragedy, we were attacked by a band of vicious rougues. Icestar, named Iceheart at the time, fought bravely to protect the camp, and even saved the nursery from a fox-hearted attacker. ShadowClan won the battle, and afterwards, StarClan sent a sign. It was early leaf-fall when this happened, so the air was still warm. But I stumbled across a patch of solid ice, right in the heart of the territory. Ice, heart. StarClan chose her to step up and carry the Clan to victory, and she did, many times before her passing."

The elder chose to leave out the less savory parts of the story, such as how when she found the StarClan sign, she had collapsed out of fear and disbelief. Or how she herself had to kill her former mate in the battle with the rogues, since he was threatening the lives of her clanmates. Or how the sign also included the tailfeather of a crow, Crowtail, who was Icestar's first deputy, turned traitor. No, the kits could hear that part when they were a bit older. They didn't need that right now.

Dovey October 1st, 2020 09:04 AM

@punkscape
"Wow!" Ravenkit mew'd. "You found the sign?" He gasped. "That's so cool!"

Feather-kit October 10th, 2020 10:36 AM

Silvertail walked into the elders den and sat down on her nest

Peril November 14th, 2020 02:41 PM

l Stormhail l
The old tom looked around the elders' den and sighed sleepily.
{Open for a pesky kit or apprentice to bother him!}

Dovey November 15th, 2020 08:44 PM

// Open

Fallkit peeped in. "Elders? I has comes to be a elders." they mew'd, voice shaking a bit. "I's don wa to flight!" What if Dawnstar forces me? What if I DIE? What if- what if- I go to Straclan?! What if the cat who killed me destorys my WHOLE body and nothing goes to Starclan??? Fallkit thought franticly

"Pwease pwease pwease PWEASE!" The one moon old kit mew'd, eyes scared. He crouched, as if he was expecting a attack at any moment. What if Windclan comes?

Peril November 16th, 2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dovey (Post 849037)
// Open

Fallkit peeped in. "Elders? I has comes to be a elders." they mew'd, voice shaking a bit. "I's don wa to flight!" What if Dawnstar forces me? What if I DIE? What if- what if- I go to Straclan?! What if the cat who killed me destorys my WHOLE body and nothing goes to Starclan??? Fallkit thought franticly

"Pwease pwease pwease PWEASE!" The one moon old kit mew'd, eyes scared. He crouched, as if he was expecting a attack at any moment. What if Windclan comes?

l Hailstorm l
The tom went over to the kit and asked him, "What's wrong?"

Dovey November 16th, 2020 11:31 PM

// @Peril
In five moons!” Fallkit wailed. They sat down, panicky. “I’ll be apprentice!” They mew’d, voice quivering. “I’ll DIE in battle! I just know it? Why can’t the clans get aloooong!” they said, and pushed up against the elder.

Peril November 17th, 2020 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dovey (Post 850044)
// @Peril
In five moons!” Fallkit wailed. They sat down, panicky. “I’ll be apprentice!” They mew’d, voice quivering. “I’ll DIE in battle! I just know it? Why can’t the clans get aloooong!” they said, and pushed up against the elder.

l Hailstorm l
He looked at the kit fondly. "It'll be okay. You won't die, and you don't have to fight all the time. The Clans don't always fight." he bent down to lick the kit's ear.

gs29513 November 20th, 2020 10:53 AM

Shrewpaw stumbled into the elders den, eyes partially obscured by the starling and mouse, which he was half convinced were going to deform his neck with how much they seemed to weigh after lugging them through half of the forest. Still, he had gotten his butt in here now, so he placed them on the ground, looking around and spotting a couple of the older cats, letting out a small purr. I've brought some fresh-kill! he called softly, tail swishing. He wasn't going to OFFER to change nests or do ticks or anything, but it wasn't as if he could refuse if they told him to. @punkscape @::Blood Moon~:: @Peril (Only if you guys want to, feel free to ignore)

Peril November 20th, 2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs29513 (Post 853630)
Shrewpaw stumbled into the elders den, eyes partially obscured by the starling and mouse, which he was half convinced were going to deform his neck with how much they seemed to weigh after lugging them through half of the forest. Still, he had gotten his butt in here now, so he placed them on the ground, looking around and spotting a couple of the older cats, letting out a small purr. I've brought some fresh-kill! he called softly, tail swishing. He wasn't going to OFFER to change nests or do ticks or anything, but it wasn't as if he could refuse if they told him to. @punkscape @::Blood Moon~:: @Peril (Only if you guys want to, feel free to ignore)

l Hailstorm l
The tom looked up from the beetle he was studying. "Why thank you, Shrewpaw." he said warmly, "Could you bring some over here?"

gs29513 November 20th, 2020 01:50 PM

So someone wanted some at least, he wasn't just going to get ignored. And if he was honest with himself, Shrewpaw would rather be here than in the nursery, with all the little annoying kits who wanted to learn fighting moves. He had been like that too, but not quite to the same degree, and there also wasn't the pressure to do well, to be awesome at fighting so you didn't die or get exiled, as there was now. @Peril

Peril November 20th, 2020 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs29513 (Post 853785)
So someone wanted some at least, he wasn't just going to get ignored. And if he was honest with himself, Shrewpaw would rather be here than in the nursery, with all the little annoying kits who wanted to learn fighting moves. He had been like that too, but not quite to the same degree, and there also wasn't the pressure to do well, to be awesome at fighting so you didn't die or get exiled, as there was now. @Peril

l Hailstorm l
"How are you today, lad?" the tom said warmly.

gs29513 November 20th, 2020 02:10 PM

How was he? All things considered he thought he was doing alright, he had been productive although he'd have to see if he could corner some warrior for some battle training later. His mentor was good, active, took him out a lot, but it wasn't enough. Not in Shrewpaw's mind anyway. Still, he had to answer, his voice low so he didn't disturb any cat that might be sleeping. I'm fine I guess. How are you? He had to be polite, since this was an elder. After all, he was one of the reasons the clan was still here, the warrior of the past. @Peril

Peril November 20th, 2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs29513 (Post 853800)
How was he? All things considered he thought he was doing alright, he had been productive although he'd have to see if he could corner some warrior for some battle training later. His mentor was good, active, took him out a lot, but it wasn't enough. Not in Shrewpaw's mind anyway. Still, he had to answer, his voice low so he didn't disturb any cat that might be sleeping. I'm fine I guess. How are you? He had to be polite, since this was an elder. After all, he was one of the reasons the clan was still here, the warrior of the past. @Peril

l Hailstorm l
"Oh, I'm fine. How goes the training?" he asked as he took a bite of some of the prey. His eyes shone with kindness.

gs29513 November 20th, 2020 08:59 PM

How went the training? It was going alright he supposed, although he STILL didn't feel ready. Should he tell him that? He didn't want to seem like a wimp, but the elder's niceness made Shrewpaw feel more secure, able to mew I can hunt well. I caught that myself. he added, chest puffing out a little before continuing. I'm worried about my final assessment though. I know a lot of moves, and I can do most of them pretty well, but I still don't think I'll be able to beat Dawnstar! I don't want to be shamed in front of everyone like Ashpaw or kicked out! That would be awful! @Peril

Peril November 21st, 2020 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs29513 (Post 854049)
How went the training? It was going alright he supposed, although he STILL didn't feel ready. Should he tell him that? He didn't want to seem like a wimp, but the elder's niceness made Shrewpaw feel more secure, able to mew I can hunt well. I caught that myself. he added, chest puffing out a little before continuing. I'm worried about my final assessment though. I know a lot of moves, and I can do most of them pretty well, but I still don't think I'll be able to beat Dawnstar! I don't want to be shamed in front of everyone like Ashpaw or kicked out! That would be awful! @Peril

l Hailstorm l
"Aye, I had the same worries when I was an apprentice." the elder remarked softly, "But you'll get over them soon enough. If you're worried, ask your mentor to take you out more. That's what I did. Look at me now! I've survived pretty well, haven't I?" he asked in a joking tone.

gs29513 November 21st, 2020 09:26 PM

It was at the least nice to know he wasn't the only one completely terrified of the warrior's assessment, that even this elder who seemed so sure of himself now had been worried about what would happen. Shrewpaw couldn't shake the feeling that with Dawnstar, failure would be a much more awful situation, and he couldn't help but ask, if only to get a bit of background knowledge on which leader the tom was coming from, Which leader gave you your assessment? Was it Icestar, or whoever was before her? He knew he ought to know who came before Icestar, but she had been leader all his life, up until her daughter killed her anyway. @Peril

Peril November 22nd, 2020 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gs29513 (Post 854505)
It was at the least nice to know he wasn't the only one completely terrified of the warrior's assessment, that even this elder who seemed so sure of himself now had been worried about what would happen. Shrewpaw couldn't shake the feeling that with Dawnstar, failure would be a much more awful situation, and he couldn't help but ask, if only to get a bit of background knowledge on which leader the tom was coming from, Which leader gave you your assessment? Was it Icestar, or whoever was before her? He knew he ought to know who came before Icestar, but she had been leader all his life, up until her daughter killed her anyway. @Peril

l Hailstorm l
"I do not recall who was leader then." He answered thoughtfully.

gs29513 November 23rd, 2020 02:15 PM

That was odd, he figured a cat would remember that kind of thing, but apparently this old dude was.......kind of losing his mind. Not wanting to get him worked up about it or anything, Shrewpaw dipped his head to the elder before turning, the remaining prey in his jaws. It looked like he WAS going to be headed for the nursery after all, and all the loud children. Yippee. @Peril

pidgeon November 24th, 2020 09:20 AM

@gs29513 @Peril
(Hope I'm not too late!!)

Owlfeather padded into the den, taking a moment to regain her mental bearings before finding her nest and laying down. Her mind had kept leaving her lately, and Dawnstar had confined her to camp because of it. She noticed the other elder who she wasn't as familiar with, other than the strange fact that he had the same name as her granddaughter and Icestar's daughter, Hailstorm, who had killed the former leader. She'd never been able to get used to that fact, and would likely be uncomfortable around him at least slightly because of it. She gave him a quiet nod before smiling at Shrewpaw.

"Good to see you, dear," she purred to the apprentice. "I hope training has been going well, you seem well on your way to warriorhood," she smiled as she praised.

gs29513 November 24th, 2020 11:57 AM

@punkscape @Peril
Oh, Owlfeather was here now. Shrewpaw had taken a step back as Owlfeather, the elder he really respected came in. She had been a really, really good warrior, and of course she was Icestar's mother and Dawnstar's grandmother. Not that he thought she would say anything if he wasn't respectful, but he wanted to be sure. Better to be safe than sorry he supposed. He didn't really trust any of them. It's nice to see you too. he returned the greeting, and nodded his head as she commented on his training. It's going well yes. I'm hoping to become a warrior soon. If he could pass the fighting test, that was the only real problem he should have.

Quasar December 10th, 2020 08:44 AM

Mushroomkit, fur fluffed out to shield him against the cold, bounded into the nursery in a flurry. The large tom-kit's teeth were chattering, and he threw his shivering body against Owlfeathers. The wind was so cold, and he did NOT LIKE IT! Not one little bit! He was cold, cold, cold, so he just needed to get warm. And what was warm? Gran's fur! Though his own fur wasn't short, it wasn't exactly long either. While that was great during leaf-fall and new-leaf, he hated it during leafbare! So what if leafbare 'technically wasn't there yet'? It sure did feel like it! "Gran, its so cold out!" he whined, burying his muzzle it the soft fur of the elder, "How come you aren't cold, but i am? Is that a kit thing?" the tom questioned, wide eyes staring up at Owlfeather in curiosity. He wasn't that mad or anything, he just didn't think it was fair that he was cold and no one else was!

@punkscape

pidgeon December 10th, 2020 11:57 AM

Owlfeather was awoken from her slumber by a tiny pelt tumbling right into hers. She let out a mrrow of curiosity and looked down to spot Mushroomkit snuggling up against her. She gave him a warm smile and an affectionate lick on the head before fluffing up her nest a little to keep him warm.
"When you're small, it's a bit harder to stay warm," she told him. "I've been through many leaf-bares, my child, it's something you get used to in time. But for now you've got the queens and me to keep you warm."

"While you're here, would you like a story, dear?" She figured that's likely what he came in here for, well, that and to escape the cold. But a warm and cozy story sounded like a nice idea to her.

@Mumble

LostInTheOrchids December 12th, 2020 01:37 AM

Falkit padded into the Elder's den "Hewo." she said softly "I wamma hwear a stowy."
@Peril @punkscape @MistyFoot

pidgeon December 12th, 2020 12:03 PM

@Kipo Oak @Mumble
(just wanted to do a quick response)

Owlfeather's ears perked up as Fallkit entered the den.
"You're just in time, darling. I was just about to tell Mushroomkit a story." She patted the nest in front of her, as an offer for the kit to join them and get all warm and cozy.

LostInTheOrchids December 12th, 2020 12:06 PM

"Yway! What stowy?" Fallkit mewed mewed "I wamma hwear." she bounced up and down "Stowy! Stowy!" @punkscape

Quasar December 14th, 2020 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkscape (Post 870635)
Owlfeather was awoken from her slumber by a tiny pelt tumbling right into hers. She let out a mrrow of curiosity and looked down to spot Mushroomkit snuggling up against her. She gave him a warm smile and an affectionate lick on the head before fluffing up her nest a little to keep him warm.
"When you're small, it's a bit harder to stay warm," she told him. "I've been through many leaf-bares, my child, it's something you get used to in time. But for now you've got the queens and me to keep you warm."

"While you're here, would you like a story, dear?" She figured that's likely what he came in here for, well, that and to escape the cold. But a warm and cozy story sounded like a nice idea to her.

@Mumble

A loud purr bubbled from mushroomkits throat as he snuggled into Owlfeathers fur, his body curled up in the bend of hers. Warming up by the second, he slowly stopped shivering and laid his head on her paw, gazing up at the elder. This was great! He was all warm and cozy now! He knew he could depend on her to warm him up! But his content smile morphed into a pout, his cheeks puffing out. What? That wasn't fair! He deserved to not get cold too! "Heyyy!" he whined, "Its not my fault i'm a kit! Im plenty old enough to not get cold, just like you Gran!" He huffed, tail thumping against the ground.

Though, his pout quickly changed into a curious look as the elder suggested telling a story. Wow! This was great! He got warm and he got a story? Gran always had the best stories! Talk about a win-win! "A story? I wanna hear a story! Ooh! Ooh! Tell me the one about Riverclan! Y'know, the one you always tell me!" he urged, looking up at her with pleading eyes. For some reason, that one had always been his favorite, and he almost always asked for it whenever he visited. It never seemed to get old, no matter how many times he heard it. Though, he wasn't against a different story! All of Grans stories were super awesome!

The tom-kits ears perked as he heard pawsteps enter the den, and he turned his head around to see another kit padding over. His head ducked so it was was partly covered from view, and he quickly glanced away from the other kit. Embarrassment prickled at his pelt, and he felt his cheeks flush. "Grannnn!" he mewed, his voice lowered into a whisper, "I wanna just be with you!" he looked up at the elder once again, his eyes wide as he stared up at her.

@Christmassy Kipo

LostInTheOrchids December 14th, 2020 07:06 AM

"Whats tat owne?" Fallkit mewed quietly "I wamma hwear it." by this point, she had already been laying down in there, she wanted to hear a story. Who could blame her?
@punkscape

jayfeather21 December 18th, 2020 09:49 AM

"ooh can I listen?" mintkit had wanted to come into the elders den for a story she slipped again they should have named me slipkit she though as she got to her feet and sat down looking up eagerly

LostInTheOrchids December 18th, 2020 09:50 AM

"Ooo Hewo. My nwame is FwallKwit, whats your nwame?" she mewed
@jayfeather21

pidgeon December 20th, 2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumble (Post 873707)
A loud purr bubbled from mushroomkits throat as he snuggled into Owlfeathers fur, his body curled up in the bend of hers. Warming up by the second, he slowly stopped shivering and laid his head on her paw, gazing up at the elder. This was great! He was all warm and cozy now! He knew he could depend on her to warm him up! But his content smile morphed into a pout, his cheeks puffing out. What? That wasn't fair! He deserved to not get cold too! "Heyyy!" he whined, "Its not my fault i'm a kit! Im plenty old enough to not get cold, just like you Gran!" He huffed, tail thumping against the ground.

Though, his pout quickly changed into a curious look as the elder suggested telling a story. Wow! This was great! He got warm and he got a story? Gran always had the best stories! Talk about a win-win! "A story? I wanna hear a story! Ooh! Ooh! Tell me the one about Riverclan! Y'know, the one you always tell me!" he urged, looking up at her with pleading eyes. For some reason, that one had always been his favorite, and he almost always asked for it whenever he visited. It never seemed to get old, no matter how many times he heard it. Though, he wasn't against a different story! All of Grans stories were super awesome!

The tom-kits ears perked as he heard pawsteps enter the den, and he turned his head around to see another kit padding over. His head ducked so it was was partly covered from view, and he quickly glanced away from the other kit. Embarrassment prickled at his pelt, and he felt his cheeks flush. "Grannnn!" he mewed, his voice lowered into a whisper, "I wanna just be with you!" he looked up at the elder once again, his eyes wide as he stared up at her.

@Christmassy Kipo

@Christmassy Kipo @jayfeather21

Owlfeather looked down at Mushroomkit and gave him a gentle smile.
"Now, now," she spoke, "It wouldn't be polite to leave anybody out, would it? Other kits like to hear stories, too. Part of being a warrior is working together with others, you know." Owlfeather wouldn't say it as not to pick favorites, but she did have a soft spot for Mushroomkit, as she'd essentially adopted him as a grand-kit.

"You want to hear the one about RiverClan? Alright, then." She nodded, looking then to the other kits who had gathered around. She made sure everybody had a comfortable spot before beginning the story.

"After Windystar died, ShadowClan was left without a leader or a deputy for over a moon. But before his death, Windystar had unfinished business with RiverClan, which left us to feel their wrath. One day, Lionstorm, who was the RiverClan deputy at the time, lead a patrol marching right into the heart of our camp, threatening to destroy us if they couldn't speak to Windystar. Myself as well as a few other senior warriors stood up to them. There was Whiteshadow, and I remember this brave young apprentice Cardinalpaw as well. We had to tell Lionstorm what had happened, after keeping it secret for a considerable amount of time. This was a difficult time for ShadowClan, as we were already dealing with a band of aggressive rogues at the time as well.

Eventually, StarClan chose us a new leader, Icestar. But soon after she was chosen as leader, RiverClan launched a raid on us. Because we had been so weakened by the rogues and previous events, we lost pretty handily to them. But with Icestar's leadership, ShadowClan trained hard and strong, and when RiverClan attacked a second time, we were ready for them. ShadowClan warriors and apprentices alike fought bravely, and we drove them out of our territory. That showed them that we weren't a force to be trifled with!"
Owlfeather swiped a claw at some moss nearby for dramatic effect as she spoke of the battle with RiverClan. Oh, how she longed for her warrior days, back when she was nimble and strong.

"And I know you will fight just as bravely when your time comes to defend your Clan." She looked to each of the kits, but her gaze lingered on Mushroomkit and she gave him a pat on the head.

jayfeather21 December 21st, 2020 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christmassy Kipo (Post 878062)
"Ooo Hewo. My nwame is FwallKwit, whats your nwame?" she mewed
@jayfeather21

"I'm jaykit nice to meet you"

Akira December 26th, 2020 01:16 PM

"Owlfeather?" Brokenkit asked quietly, his bent ear pricked to hear and looking sleepy. "Did I miss the story again...?"

vampy January 19th, 2021 02:59 PM

~ Duskfern ~ @Spoopy Eclipse ~

(Sorry for my short reply-)

She walked into the elders den, a clump of moss in her mouth. Making a nest for Crowfur. Goody. She gave a muffled “hello” to the melanistic elder. At first she decided to do a small nod, but then realized Crowfur was blind.

~ Crowfur ~

Hearing a noise, Crowfur’s head swung around. She sensed a cat, and the voice sounded like a she-cat’s.
”Hello..?” she made a gesture to ask for the unknown she-cat’s name.

”It’s Duskfern.” she gave a small laugh.
This wouldn’t be too bad. Crowfur wasn’t a cranky elder like others usually were. Not always, anyways. She at least had a sense of humor.
“We’re here to make nests.” Duskfern explained to her.