Count-Down Until A Staff...
Last post by Bean
Today 10:29 AM
Closed Thread

Old April 2nd, 2022, 10:02 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Bump Policy: Never.

Lightbulb Cerebellar Hypoplasia

Otherwise known as ‘wobbly-cat-syndrome’. It occurs most commonly when a pregnant cat becomes infected with the panleukopenia virus and it passes to her unborn kittens. To put it simply, would a character with such a thing be able to be in the main clans? I have seen people, outside of wco, have cats in their own wc worlds have it and I, personally, have never seen it done before on this website. I am aware that this character would have to learn how to deal with their disability as they grow, hopefully with the help of other cats in their lives, but I think it could be an interesting challenge for a unique character. I’m not planning on having this character now, or anytime soon for that matter, because I have my hands full with my own characters - but I wanted to check with HR people or staff (whoever I need to talk to this about) and see if I can get the okay on having a character with it in the future. I have done research on it throughout today. Cats with this syndrome live normal, full lives and seen other people with warrior cat ocs play around with how they would function in a clan cat world. I know it’s a bit more than just being paralyzed or blind or any other disability we’ve seen done before both in rp and in books, but I think it could be pulled off. Regardless, I want to see if it is allowed before I even think of creating a character like this on wco in the future.

Last edited by Captain; April 2nd, 2022 at 10:03 PM.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 10:11 PM
watermeon

Bump Policy: after 48 hours
My Mood: Yeehaw

Default Re: Cerebellar Hypoplasia

so, I think this would be a perfectly fine thing (imo). I always think it's so cool when people explore characters with disabilities that aren't really well-known, and I think it would provide excellent opportunities to be creative in roleplay. I would recommend PMing the leader of the clan you plan on this cat being in specifically, since it's ultimately up to them, but it seems fine to me.

[also - slightly random fact - but I had the pleasure of working with a horse who had a condition extremely similar to this. he had severe balance issues and could barely walk initially, but rehab and tlc have gone a long way for him! won't ever be ridden, but he's happy and comfortable! not really related to my answer - just thought it was kind of a cool coincidence!]

@masquerade

“and the human race is filled with passion. and medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. but poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for.”
— john keating (robin williams), dead poets society

profile image credits:
background image credits found in albums | pfp - wallace and gromit
Old April 2nd, 2022, 10:19 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Smile Re: Cerebellar Hypoplasia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiad View Post
so, I think this would be a perfectly fine thing (imo). I always think it's so cool when people explore characters with disabilities that aren't really well-known, and I think it would provide excellent opportunities to be creative in roleplay. I would recommend PMing the leader of the clan you plan on this cat being in specifically, since it's ultimately up to them, but it seems fine to me.

[also - slightly random fact - but I had the pleasure of working with a horse who had a condition extremely similar to this. he had severe balance issues and could barely walk initially, but rehab and tlc have gone a long way for him! won't ever be ridden, but he's happy and comfortable! not really related to my answer - just thought it was kind of a cool coincidence!]

@masquerade
I’m glad that you think so! I’ve been thinking about a character like this for a long time and have been itching to make it a reality lately, haha. I’ve always been very intrigued by animals with disabilities and how they learn to cope and adapt throughout their lives. And I shall! I was actually planning on doing so once I finally decided on which clan to put them in. I appreciate your advice and help with this whole thing, so thank you very much! It aids me a ton. :]

( And that is super interesting! I’m super happy that he’s able to live a happy, comfortable life. I grew up on a no-kill poultry farm for the first 20 years of my life and my mom was one to often rescue birds from slaughter houses. We’d raise “meat birds”, which are the kinds of chickens raised purely for food. They would have all kinds of physical disabilities -- although they were often similar to this -- my family made sure they all lived very happy, healthy lives. )
Old April 2nd, 2022, 10:23 PM
Pfp by Caspian :> Venus!

Bump Policy: Whenever, just not like 10 minutes after
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
I’m glad that you think so! I’ve been thinking about a character like this for a long time and have been itching to make it a reality lately, haha. I’ve always been very intrigued by animals with disabilities and how they learn to cope and adapt throughout their lives. And I shall! I was actually planning on doing so once I finally decided on which clan to put them in. I appreciate your advice and help with this whole thing, so thank you very much! It aids me a ton. :]

( And that is super interesting! I’m super happy that he’s able to live a happy, comfortable life. I grew up on a no-kill poultry farm for the first 20 years of my life and my mom was one to often rescue birds from slaughter houses. We’d raise “meat birds”, which are the kinds of chickens raised purely for food. They would have all kinds of physical disabilities -- although they were often similar to this -- my family made sure they all lived very happy, healthy lives. )
Just want to budge in, could you tell me which Clan your planning on putting them in? I want to ask a leader if I could have a cat with AIWS (Alice in wonderland syndrome) and I think it would be cool for these two to help each other out. She will probably be a kit.
Old April 2nd, 2022, 10:32 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Panic View Post

Just want to budge in, could you tell me which Clan your planning on putting them in? I want to ask a leader if I could have a cat with AIWS (Alice in wonderland syndrome) and I think it would be cool for these two to help each other out. She will probably be a kit.
Well, right now, I was leaning towards Thunderclan. With wobbly-cat-syndrome, I don't think they could learn to swim, so Riverclan is out of the question. Maybe Shadowclan? I'm not sure, I haven't really put much though towards it. Do you have any clan in mind for your bab?
Old April 2nd, 2022, 10:34 PM
Pfp by Caspian :> Venus!

Bump Policy: Whenever, just not like 10 minutes after
My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade View Post
Well, right now, I was leaning towards Thunderclan. With wobbly-cat-syndrome, I don't think they could learn to swim, so Riverclan is out of the question. Maybe Shadowclan? I'm not sure, I haven't really put much though towards it. Do you have any clan in mind for your bab?
I'm thinking WindClan, because both ThunderClan and ShadowClan are ruled by Dawn, who will not allow disabled cats. RiverClan I think your right about
Old April 2nd, 2022, 10:36 PM
Your Local Fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Panic View Post

I'm thinking WindClan, because both ThunderClan and ShadowClan are ruled by Dawn, who will not allow disabled cats. RiverClan I think your right about
Windclan could work. They definitely need more kitties. As I said before, I wasn't really planning on having my bab be put in RP right away, like maybe after Dawn is gone from Thunderclan. I want to be able to figure out their look, their name, what kind of cat they'll be, etc. I also need to figure out a backstory, but they'll most likely be a kitten when they start out.
Closed Thread