by dino.
Today 10:47 PM

Old March 4th, 2023, 11:17 AM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default a stairway to darkness in the blink of an eye [p]

➺ flaredust | she/her | @Exis

lately, flaredust has been slowly adjusting to clan life. she's in charge of her own apprentice, even. but, she still feels like there's something.. wrong. maybe it's the fact that it feels like the cat's she knew are now gone, like they never existed at all. a part of her wonders if darcie is still out there. pushing the thoughts away, the tortie lays down in her nest and closes her eyes. she'll just push the thoughts to the very back, and everything will be fine. she sighs softly as sleep takes over.

once she opens her eyes, she expects to see the suns rays filtering into the warrior's den. to hear kits mewling and apprentice's shaking their mentors awake - the daily bustle of a clan. instead, it's dark. there is no moon, or even a rising sun. tall, withered trees loom over the windclanner. gnarled branches twisting into eachother as if they're all holding paws, staring down at the confused feline. she worries that at any moment, they may grow faces and start laughing or whispering. she looks down, realizing that she's not in her familiar nest. she's on the ground, which is cold, hard, and cracked. like a riverbed that suffered from a severe drought in greenleaf. there's no wind, but she can hear the howling of it and it feels like a cold breeze wraps around her like a constricting snake. her fur bristles.

the warrior jumps to her paws, claws unsheathing as she inspects the area. this is a dream, just a really..really vivid one, she tells herself. she can feel herself start to grow uneasy - why is this place so eerie? she looks up, trees so tall she can barely see the sky - but she's able to make out that it's nighttime. yet, there are no stars. she lets out a exhale that sounds like a rattle. or, I'm in hell.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days
Old March 4th, 2023, 11:48 AM
sadly, I exist

My Mood: Dark

Default Re: a stairway to darkness in the blink of an eye [p]

Tigerlily felt, antsy. It had been many moons since he’d seen his brother, or any familiar face for that matter. But he could smell the scent of the living in the air and he knew exactly what that meant to him…
Prey…
It had been so long since he’d had something to you with, especially since he despised the organization of the rest of the cats down here.

As he came up to the warrior he could at least recognize the scent of Windclan. How disgusting. A rabbit eater. Well there was no use in putter pattering around it, this cat wanted something from here.

“And what is it you’re doing down here, rabbit foot?” he growled lowly as he sank down to the cats level.
@furrensic

Credit for my avatar goes to @Redtalon.
Old March 16th, 2023, 07:48 PM
yippee!!!

Bump Policy: 4 days / 1 if time sensitive
My Mood: Kingly

Default Re: a stairway to darkness in the blink of an eye [p]

➺ FLAREDUST; SHE/HER | @Exis

it grows silent, and then she's aware of the sound of light pawsteps. flaredust looks away from the dark sky above and sees (or, hears before seeing) a ghastly red tom. then she knows, this is hell. the dark forest. she instinctively steps back, wary of the tom. "well, if i had a single clue, I'd tell you." she says sharply, throwing on a facade of being calm and collected. though her eyes are narrowed and her paws jittery. "and rabbit foot? what, were you one of those shadowclan rats?" scoffing, she stays alert, watching the cat closely.

she knows what role she plays in this situation - the prey. and whoever this dude is, he's the predator. she inhales, noting to herself to watch his movements and what she says. could..she be killed? she's not entirely sure, but she's not trying to risk it either. it's a horrible thought, but maybe this is a sign of sorts. to help her get over this little slump she's in. and what would starclan think?

"it's rude to not offer training to your guests, isn't it?" flaredust questions after moments of hesitation, and regret follows. she supposes it's too late though, considering she's already asked.

·characters· •pronouns.cc•

bump after 96 hours / 4 days