Today 01:12 AM
Theraphosa's Spider Den of...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 12:08 AM

Old January 17th, 2017, 04:38 PM
a tiny bean

My Mood: Amazed

Default Re: The Starcave

Arrowchaser padded up to the leader, "I'm Arrowchaser, you may have heard stories about me." She meowed, before touching her nose to the head of the leader. "I give you the life of courage, like I once had, be sure to use it wisely."
lotusfang
Old January 17th, 2017, 09:06 PM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxJaggededgexx View Post
Arrowchaser padded up to the leader, "I'm Arrowchaser, you may have heard stories about me." She meowed, before touching her nose to the head of the leader. "I give you the life of courage, like I once had, be sure to use it wisely."
[hi,

this is a closed roleplay, and seeing as you were not chosen from the applications, we ask you don't intrude.]
Old January 17th, 2017, 09:38 PM
The Lord Doitsu

My Mood: Thirsty

Cool Re: The Starcave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
A young, long furred gray tom cat stepped forwards, his pelt laced with stars. He was beaming kindly as he approached the soon to be new leader of his former Clan. He remembered in his time spent in Shadowclan when he would watch Halestorm as she led the clan in Timberstar's absence. He had always admired her courage and bravery, and was delighted to hear that he could deliver a life to her. She had always been like a role model to him, but here he was, giving a life to her, something he had never imagined he would do. As Graypaw reached her he smiled kindly at her. "Hello Halestar." He greeted kindly. "I'm not entirely sure you recognize me, but I was an apprentice in your Clan, not oo long ago. My name is Graypaw." He said, his voice growing serious and loosing its normal cheerful tone. The tom cat wanted to be friendly, but settled his eagerness, knowing this was a serious Clan ritual and it needed to be performed with accuracy. Graypaw took another step closer, his long starry gray fur almost close enough to touch hers. "With this life I give you a love for your kin." He stretched forwards, his nose bumping hers, probably a little too roughly because of his excitement, but he didn't care.

He could feel the nervous excitement the new leader held within her. He couldn't blame her for that. He was just glad that he could give her something he never experience before. With his mother in one clan and father in another who hated him, he had felt he never truly belonged to either of them. He had never really felt their love for him and his brothers, and he wanted to make sure no cat felt that way again. "May you have a love so strong and deep that it emanates from you. May you love your family and friends with a love so strong it's like a forest fire that cannot be contained. And may your love be also for your Clan, love them like your family, and protect them in the same way. They follow you and desire your love, may you have enough love to share with them." He meowed firmly. He stepped back, still beaming at the cat before him. Never in a million years had he dreamt that he would give a life to a leader, much less as an apprentice. "Good luck, Halestar." He purred with pride before he stepped back wards into the ranks of the others.
The new leader smiled warmly at the young cat, looking down at him. She remembered this apprentice and how he would do all he could- even though his parents were from different clans. He was a great apprentice, and she felt bad that he had to leave the world so soon. Halestar felt the last life soak into her pelt as she looked down at Greypaw, "Thank you. I will remember that." she mewed softly.

And with saying that- the leader woke up in the Star Cave, standing up and shaking her pelt gently to remove the dust that had fallen from the stony overhand above her. She was now officially leader of ShadowClan and she would lead it to success.

I once killed a man in his sleep with his own mustache and a grape. - Germany

Old January 18th, 2017, 05:29 PM
queeny ♬

My Mood: Queenly

@Cloudy
With a limb bound tightly to her body by cobwebs and moss, Geckoleaf had a hard time navigating the steep slopes of the edges of the cave, down a winding path worn down by many seasons of medicine cats, leaders, deputies, and apprentices, all come for the same reason; to meet their ancestors in sleep, for many reasons. But this time it was not for a leader, or a deputy, come to receive guidance or lives. It was instead for a medicine cat apprentice to be accepted and initiated as a healer by the warriors of old, a point of pride in the lives of all medicine cats. Geckoleaf descended the declivity carefully, her paws treading the fine dirt with a sort of cautious nature that foretold of the strange treachery these slopes offered, as a fall would damage her limb beyond repair. The soft light that seemed to emanate from the pale, white crystals that dotted the gave illuminated her face with a strange light, washing her deep flame-colored fur a light peach. Her eyes glowed with an ethereal light, as she approached the Moonstone on light paws, despite her disability. She swiveled her head around to look at Arcticpaw, as she paused in front of the large clear-cut stone, her blue eyes light with joy as she surveyed the ghostly apprentice behind her. Tail twitching with anticipation of what was about to happen, she quietly asked; "Are you ready?" It was not a long phrase, or anything special, but it was still significant. She was asking Arcticpaw so much more than just if he was ready to be seen by StarClan, but if he was ready to give up being a warrior. Ready to give up kits and mate, ready to always be stuck in a den treating others, and laboring intensively to memorize herbs and treatments and illnesses. It was much to give up, but he still had much to gain. To be able to bring a cat back from near death, to see life be gained, and yet still see others pass to StarClan. To be able to commune with other in a way not including war and fighting, but healing and treating. She was proud of him and knew he was ready. Arcticpaw was to be, without a doubt, the next medicine cat of RiverClan

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old January 18th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Something or Other

My Mood: Doh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover View Post
@Cloudy
With a limb bound tightly to her body by cobwebs and moss, Geckoleaf had a hard time navigating the steep slopes of the edges of the cave, down a winding path worn down by many seasons of medicine cats, leaders, deputies, and apprentices, all come for the same reason; to meet their ancestors in sleep, for many reasons. But this time it was not for a leader, or a deputy, come to receive guidance or lives. It was instead for a medicine cat apprentice to be accepted and initiated as a healer by the warriors of old, a point of pride in the lives of all medicine cats. Geckoleaf descended the declivity carefully, her paws treading the fine dirt with a sort of cautious nature that foretold of the strange treachery these slopes offered, as a fall would damage her limb beyond repair. The soft light that seemed to emanate from the pale, white crystals that dotted the gave illuminated her face with a strange light, washing her deep flame-colored fur a light peach. Her eyes glowed with an ethereal light, as she approached the Moonstone on light paws, despite her disability. She swiveled her head around to look at Arcticpaw, as she paused in front of the large clear-cut stone, her blue eyes light with joy as she surveyed the ghostly apprentice behind her. Tail twitching with anticipation of what was about to happen, she quietly asked; "Are you ready?" It was not a long phrase, or anything special, but it was still significant. She was asking Arcticpaw so much more than just if he was ready to be seen by StarClan, but if he was ready to give up being a warrior. Ready to give up kits and mate, ready to always be stuck in a den treating others, and laboring intensively to memorize herbs and treatments and illnesses. It was much to give up, but he still had much to gain. To be able to bring a cat back from near death, to see life be gained, and yet still see others pass to StarClan. To be able to commune with other in a way not including war and fighting, but healing and treating. She was proud of him and knew he was ready. Arcticpaw was to be, without a doubt, the next medicine cat of RiverClan
Though it was not as treacherous for Arcticpaw as he walked down, he still yielded almost every second. Though anticipation curled in a deep knot in his chest, the small white tom carefully strode down the soft slope. Arcticpaw tried to rush down the hill into the depths of the cave every now and then, but ultimately stumbled to a hault, knowing that he had to wait for his mentor to follow.
As they approached a soft light, Arcticpaw stood in awe next to the pool; the cave was nothing like he had pictured. The tom had expected it to be dark, and less eery; he had thought it wouldn't have the glow and sparkle of the dancing lights in the crystals. It still felt fantisysing to be in the cave, though, as if he were in a dream.
Arcticpaw's tri-colored tail flicked gently as he gazed sideways at Geckoleaf; the cave with its irredesent glow made the she-cat look different, and he guessed that he looked the same in the strange light.
The gray walls seemingly stared at Arcticpaw with interest as he settled in a low crouch where his mentor stood, squinting at the pool; it was quite different from the raging river, it almost seemed like glass.
Arcticpaw was knocked from his state of staring at the pool as Geckoleaf questioned him. It seemed quite odd to Arcticpaw why the she-cat had asked him the for longed question when they had reached the pool; the trek that they had made up there was difficult, especially for the gimp Geckoleaf. Arcticpaw could only guess what would have happened had he said no as he nodded quietly to Geckoleaf.
Old January 18th, 2017, 06:42 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
Though it was not as treacherous for Arcticpaw as he walked down, he still yielded almost every second. Though anticipation curled in a deep knot in his chest, the small white tom carefully strode down the soft slope. Arcticpaw tried to rush down the hill into the depths of the cave every now and then, but ultimately stumbled to a hault, knowing that he had to wait for his mentor to follow.
As they approached a soft light, Arcticpaw stood in awe next to the pool; the cave was nothing like he had pictured. The tom had expected it to be dark, and less eery; he had thought it wouldn't have the glow and sparkle of the dancing lights in the crystals. It still felt fantisysing to be in the cave, though, as if he were in a dream.
Arcticpaw's tri-colored tail flicked gently as he gazed sideways at Geckoleaf; the cave with its irredesent glow made the she-cat look different, and he guessed that he looked the same in the strange light.
The gray walls seemingly stared at Arcticpaw with interest as he settled in a low crouch where his mentor stood, squinting at the pool; it was quite different from the raging river, it almost seemed like glass.
Arcticpaw was knocked from his state of staring at the pool as Geckoleaf questioned him. It seemed quite odd to Arcticpaw why the she-cat had asked him the for longed question when they had reached the pool; the trek that they had made up there was difficult, especially for the gimp Geckoleaf. Arcticpaw could only guess what would have happened had he said no as he nodded quietly to Geckoleaf.
Looking down at him with pride, a small smile flitted across her muzzle, and there it stayed. Eyes glittering with excitement and anticipation, she raised her chin and took a moment to remember the ceremony, the words that would officially pronounce Arcticpaw her apprentice, her legacy, the one to follow in her stead and heal warriors and kits alike for moons to come. Looking down at him, she swished her tail to signal they were beginning. "Arcticpaw, I have chosen you to be my predecessor and to learn the ways of the medicine cat. This is an honor unique to healing, and one you would not find anywhere else." She paused for a moment, and drew in a deep breath of the damp, cold air. "Arcticpaw, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as an apprentice? [it is]. Then come forward." Drawing herself up to her full, yet still short height, she looked towards the pool of water with a calm, composed gaze, a level removed from her excitement of earlier. "Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. He has chosen to pursue the path of a medicine cat. Grant Arcticpaw wisdom and insight, so that he may understand your ways and heal his clan with skill and grace." She turned to Arcticpaw and smiled again. "If you would, to the Moonstone. Your about to have your first dream,"she mewed softly, her voice gentle and encouraging.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old January 18th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Something or Other

Quote:

Looking down at him with pride, a small smile flitted across her muzzle, and there it stayed. Eyes glittering with excitement and anticipation, she raised her chin and took a moment to remember the ceremony, the words that would officially pronounce Arcticpaw her apprentice, her legacy, the one to follow in her stead and heal warriors and kits alike for moons to come. Looking down at him, she swished her tail to signal they were beginning. "Arcticpaw, I have chosen you to be my predecessor and to learn the ways of the medicine cat. This is an honor unique to healing, and one you would not find anywhere else." She paused for a moment, and drew in a deep breath of the damp, cold air. "Arcticpaw, is it your wish to enter the mysteries of StarClan as an apprentice? [it is]. Then come forward." Drawing herself up to her full, yet still short height, she looked towards the pool of water with a calm, composed gaze, a level removed from her excitement of earlier. "Warriors of StarClan, I present you with this apprentice. He has chosen to pursue the path of a medicine cat. Grant Arcticpaw wisdom and insight, so that he may understand your ways and heal his clan with skill and grace." She turned to Arcticpaw and smiled again. "If you would, to the Moonstone. Your about to have your first dream,"she mewed softly, her voice gentle and encouraging.
The words Geckoleaf spoke seemed forgieng to Arcticpaw; out of all of the ceremonies he had witnessed, none had had words so intricately woven together. It was hard for his mind to wrap around what the sentences meant, everything was going so quickly it seemed as though it were a blur. Arcticpaw stepped forward, his eyes interested in the moon stone standing in front of him; it illuminated the cave more than any if the other small cristalites that dotted the ground. Though he said nothing as he advanced, his eyes bright blue eyes gave Geckoleaf a worried glance before he crouched down before it, pelt almost pressed to the dirt floor. Arcticpaw crammed his neck to touch his nose to the moon stone. As he did so, a cold, jutting feeling struck through him; StarClan was approaching him.

Last edited by Brunch; January 18th, 2017 at 10:41 PM.
Old January 18th, 2017, 10:28 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
The words Geckoleaf spoke seemed forgiving to Arcticpaw; out of all of the ceremonies he had witnessed, none had had words so intricately woven together. It was hard for his mind to wrap around what the sentences meant, everything was going so quickly it seemed as though it were a blur. Arcticpaw stepped forward, his eyes interested in the moonstone standing in front of him; it illuminated the cave more than any if the other small crystallites that dotted the ground. Though he said nothing as he advanced, his eyes bright blue eyes gave Geckoleaf a worried glance before he crouched down before it, pelt almost pressed to the dirt floor. Arcticpaw crammed his neck to touch his nose to the moonstone. As he did so, a cold, jutting feeling struck through him; StarClan was approaching him.
Geckoleaf smiled as he came forward and touch the moon stone, his body slumping as he fell into sleep. Following suit, she pressed her petite pink nose to the large stone, feeling a small dip where many cats had touched it. The chilly feeling spread through her body, and she felt herself being pulled into a dream. She relaxed and hoped that Arcticpaw would do so too. It was a hard feeling to get used to, ceasing control to beings higher than you, to simply trust them with your mind and body. Of course, he would eventually realize they meant him no harm and all the best. StarClan never wanted to hurt warriors or high ranks alike. As she awoke from the dream, her ghostlike body stood of its own accord, and her pale blue eyes of the dream opened to a small group of cats standing in front of her. To her side, Arcticpaw was there, and she wondered if he was dazed and bewildered, as she was. Looking around the throng of starry warriors, her whiskers flicked with surprise, and she straightened up. Her father was there, towards the back, looking at her and her new apprentice. She had never seen most of her deceased family members in dreams; her mother had never cared much for her kits, and she had only seen her father once before he drowned in the river. She could see so much of herself in him; the deep blue eyes, orange tabby fur and light markings. The way he held himself tall, with a quiet yet strong presence. She smiled at him but forced herself not to cry. This was for Arcticpaw, not her. Geckoleaf tried to bite back the tears, but a few drops fell from her cheeks, like crystal starlight as they glimmered in the strange glow of StarClan. Ears flattening, she looked away, back towards her apprentice.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending
Old January 20th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Something or Other

Quote:

Geckoleaf smiled as he came forward and touch the moon stone, his body slumping as he fell into sleep. Following suit, she pressed her petite pink nose to the large stone, feeling a small dip where many cats had touched it. The chilly feeling spread through her body, and she felt herself being pulled into a dream. She relaxed and hoped that Arcticpaw would do so too. It was a hard feeling to get used to, ceasing control to beings higher than you, to simply trust them with your mind and body. Of course, he would eventually realize they meant him no harm and all the best. StarClan never wanted to hurt warriors or high ranks alike. As she awoke from the dream, her ghostlike body stood of its own accord, and her pale blue eyes of the dream opened to a small group of cats standing in front of her. To her side, Arcticpaw was there, and she wondered if he was dazed and bewildered, as she was. Looking around the throng of starry warriors, her whiskers flicked with surprise, and she straightened up. Her father was there, towards the back, looking at her and her new apprentice. She had never seen most of her deceased family members in dreams; her mother had never cared much for her kits, and she had only seen her father once before he drowned in the river. She could see so much of herself in him; the deep blue eyes, orange tabby fur and light markings. The way he held himself tall, with a quiet yet strong presence. She smiled at him but forced herself not to cry. This was for Arcticpaw, not her. Geckoleaf tried to bite back the tears, but a few drops fell from her cheeks, like crystal starlight as they glimmered in the strange glow of StarClan. Ears flattening, she looked away, back towards her apprentice.
The dream was strange, but it still felt as though Arcticpaw was safe. For a moment, the tom thought that it wasn't a dream, since the territory was almost exact to what he had seen of it. Arcticpaw glanced over at Geckoleaf with a slight glimmer in his eyes, the tom knew that if he was caught up in the dream, he was meant to be a medicine cat. Arcticpaw's eyes wandered silently through the territory, finally realized that there were many cats standing before him, staring at with such intensity, it made the young apprentice blush under his white fur. His ring tail twitched as he glanced back at Geckoleaf, "What's going to happen?" he whispered quietly.
Most of the cats who were in the sea of starry warriors, Arcticpaw didn't know; some of them seemed so ancient that he guessed they died long before he had been born. Arcticpaw searched the group again, trying to find a cat who he may have known. The small tom was about to give up when he finally found a starry she-cat, who looked as though she was made of the night sky, more so than the others. Her emerald eyes blinked at Arcticpaw with such love that the tom almost cried; the cat was his grandmother, Nightpelt.
The apprentice bit back his tears as he glanced back at Geckoleaf again, awaiting his answer.
Old January 20th, 2017, 01:07 PM
queeny ♬

Quote:
The dream was strange, but it still felt as though Arcticpaw was safe. For a moment, the tom thought that it wasn't a dream since the territory was almost exact to what he had seen of it. Arcticpaw glanced over at Geckoleaf with a slight glimmer in his eyes, the tom knew that if he was caught up in the dream, he was meant to be a medicine cat. Arcticpaw's eyes wandered silently through the territory, finally realized that there were many cats standing before him, staring at with such intensity, it made the young apprentice blush under his white fur. His ringtail twitched as he glanced back at Geckoleaf, "What's going to happen?" he whispered quietly.
Most of the cats who were in the sea of starry warriors, Arcticpaw didn't know; some of them seemed so ancient that he guessed they died long before he had been born. Arcticpaw searched the group again, trying to find a cat who he may have known. The small tom was about to give up when he finally found a starry she-cat, who looked as though she was made of the night sky, more so than the others. Her emerald eyes blinked at Arcticpaw with such love that the tom almost cried; the cat was his grandmother, Nightpelt.
The apprentice bit back his tears as he glanced back at Geckoleaf again, awaiting his answer.
Clearing the salty tears from her own eyes, she managed a watery smile to Arcticpaw. "Maybe something, maybe nothing. This is really just for you to experience a dream. Go ahead and talk to whomever you want. They're all here for you," she mewed softly in response, gently nudging Arcticpaw's flank with her nose, urging him towards the small cluster of cats gathered in front of him. Seeing his expression, she realized her apprentice had his eyes locked on one cat. Following his gaze, the medicine cat saw the dark black she-cat with the green eyes he seemed so keen on. Though she had no idea who it was, she assumed it was someone important to the tom. "Go see her. If she means something to you, then act upon it," she whispered quietly, nuzzling the tuft of fur behind his ear before she pushed him forward, with no force but a gentle assurance that he'd be alright. Watching him for a moment longer, Geckoleaf shifted her gaze towards the crowd, searching for her father. But she didn't see any flash of bright orange, or a glint of sea blue. He was gone, but she could still feel the warmth of his love around her, the pride for what she had become. Sighing, the medicine cat sat on the soft dirt, and waited for Arcticpaw.

I belong with you,
you belong with me,
you're my sweetheart

character site; pending