Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Warriors Discussion

Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cat: Mossfreckle

Medicine Cat Apprentice: Grousepaw

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
Snips Q+A
by Snips
Last post by Snips
Today 03:13 AM
Rosekit finder
Last post by CloudlessEve
Today 03:12 AM
RiverClan Resources
Last post by SilverFur.
Today 03:10 AM
The Forest Roars
Last post by Myling
Today 03:10 AM
The Wolf and the Crow [P]
Last post by Rani
Today 02:58 AM

Old January 6th, 2023, 12:28 AM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

Default Re: Was Mapleshade really evil?

More How it Should Have Ended with ASHIIIEEEEE

Who Mapleshade killed(and who she should have killed)

Appledusk: Appledusk only became mates with Reedshine to save his reputation. The only issue is that he died. He could have left RiverClan to join ThunderClan, so that Mapleshade would be able to raise her kits with a father.

Frecklewish: Frecklewish is the only victim on Mapleshade’s hit list that deserved even a little bit of the death she got. She called Mapleshade some rude things, and refused to help Mapleshade’s kits when she could have, which is against the Warrior Code(refusing to help the kits not calling them rude things). I understand she was angry and upset, but the least she could to was to tell Mapleshade to go on the bridge.

Ravenwing: Ravenwing was inexperienced, as his mentor died a couple moons after his naming ceremony, making him the most innocent on this list. I blame StarClan, for being stuck up, rule following sissies, as they made the omen in which Ravenwing had Mapleshade exiled.

Oakstar: Oakstar should have been killed instead of Ravenwing, as he was the one who exiled the kits. Instead, he should have just punished Mapleshade by not exiling her, like putting her on apprentice duties, or having her still hunt and fight.

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw
Old May 15th, 2023, 04:00 PM
a FNAF enthusiast

Bump Policy: anytime necessary
My Mood: Kingly

Ya know? She killed cats, so yes she was technically evil, but it was the cats she cared about and trusted that cast her out and refused to show her any mercy. Appledusk sucks, and Oakstar really should've been more... understanding?
Her kits were very young, her mate betrayed her, both ThunderClan and RiverClan refused to give her shelter, and to boot, a certain somebody stood by and WATCHED her kits drown.
So, yeah, she's evil, but honestly that was the fault of those around her.

"Worse? Or better?"

Last edited by Kacey!; May 15th, 2023 at 04:01 PM.
Old May 15th, 2023, 04:05 PM
a FNAF enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octavia! View Post
More How it Should Have Ended with ASHIIIEEEEE

Who Mapleshade killed(and who she should have killed)

Appledusk: Appledusk only became mates with Reedshine to save his reputation. The only issue is that he died. He could have left RiverClan to join ThunderClan, so that Mapleshade would be able to raise her kits with a father.

Frecklewish: Frecklewish is the only victim on Mapleshade’s hit list that deserved even a little bit of the death she got. She called Mapleshade some rude things, and refused to help Mapleshade’s kits when she could have, which is against the Warrior Code(refusing to help the kits not calling them rude things). I understand she was angry and upset, but the least she could to was to tell Mapleshade to go on the bridge.

Ravenwing: Ravenwing was inexperienced, as his mentor died a couple moons after his naming ceremony, making him the most innocent on this list. I blame StarClan, for being stuck up, rule following sissies, as they made the omen in which Ravenwing had Mapleshade exiled.

Oakstar: Oakstar should have been killed instead of Ravenwing, as he was the one who exiled the kits. Instead, he should have just punished Mapleshade by not exiling her, like putting her on apprentice duties, or having her still hunt and fight.
I definitely agree with all this. I mean, the very least Oakstar could've done is wait for her kits to reach 6 moons before exiling her and them.

I've also come to the conclusion that any cat named Raven has an 80% chance of being an innocent bean.

"Worse? Or better?"
Old May 15th, 2023, 04:25 PM
canonically the 51%

Bump Policy: three days. 24 hours for time sensitive ones.
My Mood: Pensive

I just love how there's so much drama going on.

But to agree with BEAR., Mapleshade did some pretty horrendous things. It doesn't matter that her story is sad in and out of itself, it doesn't matter who left her, etc, etc, what matters are the actions. A character can totally have justified thoughts toward an action, but what does it matter? The actions are what affect others, and are therefore the most important. Since actions have consequences, the repercussions Mapleshade (and almost all of the WC characters) face are entirely just.

To add my two-cents to the whole Bluestar comparison, yes, Bluestar wasn't innocent. In fact, none/most of the characters are entirely good. So no, I don't feel bad for nor particularly like Bluestar or Mapleshade. BUT, I have to admit, they were good characters to read.

And to agree with WinterMara but also to add on, the 'good' guys in a story don't necessarily have to be heroes or saints. They just have to be the person (or in this case, the cat) you're hearing the story from. Naturally, that means the 'bad' guys don't have to be bad. They just have to be opposing the protagonist. Additionally, the word 'evil' doesn't really describe Mapleshade. If we're defining it as being immorally wicked, she's more haughty and mildly conceited, not evil. Sure, she can be malicious and cruel, but she's not wreaking havoc without a reason. She has a reason she believes in, and sometimes, that's all you need.

But to counter JoeBoe_Bean, it wasn't the entirely fault of the cats around her. As BEAR. mentioned, she chose to break the rules in the beginning. The most of the rest of the actions were begun in a 'snowball effect', so to speak. Yes, she fet they were cornering and against her, but they had good reason to be. Plus, she made the decision to kill Ravenwing and Frecklewish of her own accord. She wasn't pressured to do any of that by the cats around her.

" nothing you can take was ever worth keeping. "

Last edited by sol.; May 15th, 2023 at 04:27 PM.
Old May 15th, 2023, 05:03 PM
I am the reinforcements.

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeboe_Bean View Post
I definitely agree with all this. I mean, the very least Oakstar could've done is wait for her kits to reach 6 moons before exiling her and them.

I've also come to the conclusion that any cat named Raven has an 80% chance of being an innocent bean.
yes the ravenbeans, also thanks for understanding

*awkward silence*

"Er... no." - Ravenpaw

Last edited by RavensCall; May 15th, 2023 at 05:04 PM.
Old May 15th, 2023, 06:38 PM
a FNAF enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol. View Post
I just love how there's so much drama going on.

But to agree with BEAR., Mapleshade did some pretty horrendous things. It doesn't matter that her story is sad in and out of itself, it doesn't matter who left her, etc, etc, what matters are the actions. A character can totally have justified thoughts toward an action, but what does it matter? The actions are what affect others, and are therefore the most important. Since actions have consequences, the repercussions Mapleshade (and almost all of the WC characters) face are entirely just.

To add my two-cents to the whole Bluestar comparison, yes, Bluestar wasn't innocent. In fact, none/most of the characters are entirely good. So no, I don't feel bad for nor particularly like Bluestar or Mapleshade. BUT, I have to admit, they were good characters to read.

And to agree with WinterMara but also to add on, the 'good' guys in a story don't necessarily have to be heroes or saints. They just have to be the person (or in this case, the cat) you're hearing the story from. Naturally, that means the 'bad' guys don't have to be bad. They just have to be opposing the protagonist. Additionally, the word 'evil' doesn't really describe Mapleshade. If we're defining it as being immorally wicked, she's more haughty and mildly conceited, not evil. Sure, she can be malicious and cruel, but she's not wreaking havoc without a reason. She has a reason she believes in, and sometimes, that's all you need.

But to counter JoeBoe_Bean, it wasn't the entirely fault of the cats around her. As BEAR. mentioned, she chose to break the rules in the beginning. The most of the rest of the actions were begun in a 'snowball effect', so to speak. Yes, she fet they were cornering and against her, but they had good reason to be. Plus, she made the decision to kill Ravenwing and Frecklewish of her own accord. She wasn't pressured to do any of that by the cats around her.
Yeah, good point. It wasn't entirely their faults. It wasn't entirely Maple's fault. It wasn't entirely Appledusk's fault. They all share the blame for what happened, and Maple is definitely still evil.

Plus, didn't she partake in training cats like Ivypool in the Dark Forest? And she basically cursed Crookedstar. She didn't try to change her ways after death, so definitely still very evil and twisted up and cruel.

"Worse? Or better?"