Today 02:09 PM

Old November 21st, 2023, 06:29 AM
Master of bad jokes

Bump Policy: 2 days or 1 day if time sensitive. I am very forgetful
My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: ThunderClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAR. View Post
Wolfpaw was skeptical about her decision, but it wasn't his place to poke her about it. He knew from experience getting "treatment" would go nowhere, and that biting down and sucking up pain seemed to be more effective than bed rest. So without complaint, he followed her out of camp.

The territory was vast and expansive, and admittedly his memory of it wasn't the best. Something about being cooped up in camp for moons. Still, he wasn't here for a tour - he was more interested in learning how to fight. Bumba was a bit preoccupied right now, 'n he'd prefer to not overwhelm her with so much was goin on. Besides, Nightgaze was a Hornet, if anyone was capable of showing him some punches it'd be her.

"I don't know much," he admitted as they neared one of the more open spaces of the forest. It'd give them some room to work without knocking into trees. "What do you recommend for starters?"
Nightgaze
Thunderclan Hornet

Secretly competing with Wolfpaw for the lead, Nightgaze couldn't help wincing occasionally whether she trod on something hard or put a paw in the wrong place the journey was hard for her, given her broken leg, but she was determined to succeed in training an apprentice today...even if it meant putting her own health at risk.

As they reached a glade, with a few trees ringing it, Wolfpaw's confession made her smile softly, at least he'd been honest, she liked honest cat though not super mean ones they were just rude anyways training.

Starters, starters...hmm, what could she do for starters? Well what was she good at? Hmm dodging attacks? Yeah that was good! "How about we practice dodging? But like while we dodge we attack?" Starclan that sounded confusing now she said it out loud but she knew what she was doing...at least she thought she did.

Nightgaze kit finder!

Please tap on the eggs and small dragons!^^

Old November 21st, 2023, 07:06 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

Out of the corner of his eye Wolfpaw could see Nightgaze wincing, and he debated calling attention to it. However, it just didn't seem his place: she had already said she was committed to this, and other than going back to camp and resting there was nothing more for them to do.

And, he'd be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to this. The whole point of him asking was to learn, he wasn't going to fret and ruin this chance. "So like.. I jump out of the way, then jump at you?" Seemed simple enough, even if that wasn't quite the execution Nightgaze intended.

[ @The Doctor ]
Old November 21st, 2023, 08:07 AM
Master of bad jokes

Quote:
Out of the corner of his eye Wolfpaw could see Nightgaze wincing, and he debated calling attention to it. However, it just didn't seem his place: she had already said she was committed to this, and other than going back to camp and resting there was nothing more for them to do.

And, he'd be lying if he said he wasn't looking forward to this. The whole point of him asking was to learn, he wasn't going to fret and ruin this chance. "So like.. I jump out of the way, then jump at you?" Seemed simple enough, even if that wasn't quite the execution Nightgaze intended.

[ @The Doctor ]
Nightgaze
Thunderclan Hornet

"Yeah, kind of!" thankfully Wolfpaw and seemed to have gotten the picture so now it was time to get started and help Wolf learn some cool new fighting moves. Unfortunately she wouldn't be able to show him some things because of her leg but she could still show him lots of other things that weren't to intense.

Getting herself in a position where she was light on her toes and wasn't rooted into the ground she gave simple directions "Charge at me" hopefully this worked or she'd look like an idiot so she silently prayed that her leg wouldn't fail her.

Nightgaze kit finder!

Old November 21st, 2023, 07:06 PM

Bump Policy: I'm not sure yet.
My Mood: Dreaming

(WARNING!!! The following post contains the death of a kitten and a detailed description of a corpse. Viewer discretion is advised.)

~ ACORNKIT OF THUNDERCLAN ~

Small, pudgy, pale brown mackerel tabby she-cat with dark brown colorpoints, a dark brown head, and round, bright yellow-green eyes.

Once upon a time, there existed a little ball of sunshine. It glowed golden and bright, filling the world with warmth and light as it coaxed tentative sprouts out of hiding. Joy radiated from its rays. Tears turned to steam and were replaced with smiles. A promising future unfolded before it, promising its swell in ranks as it took to the sky and cast its reach further onto the earth.

But the light was extinguished by a force so crushing and dark that it evaporated into nothing more than a puff of smoke, a faint whisper of what was meant to be. No more spreading smiles. No more warm sunlight. A tired, cold existence spread before the world, and it held a different promise.

One of a broken family.

Acornkit lay on the outskirts of ThunderClan territory, so close to the home she'd accidentally wandered from - and which she'd died trying to reach. Her tiny body was contorted, limbs splayed, bones cracked in a gruesome song that had faded with time. Dried blood poured from deep holes in her flesh. At first sight, they appeared random, but a closer inspection showed that they were uniform - one nasty, mangling bite. Her pale brown tabby coat was painted dark red, as was the forest floor. Tiny bits of white poked through the carnage. Acornkit's eyes remained closed, but aged blood stained her mouth, smudging her teeth.

It reeked of blood, death, and fox. ThunderClan's scent remained, too, drifting toward Acornkit's corpse on a frosty breeze.

Her home.

So close, she could've tasted it had she not tasted death first.

@dino. (I'm sorry this is so late! I figured Bumblestar could come across the child's corpse.)

How Would You Describe My Writing Style?

New and Improved Character Bios!

Last edited by TheNyanCatMinecart; November 21st, 2023 at 07:06 PM.
Old November 21st, 2023, 09:24 PM
work is never done

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Nightgaze
Thunderclan Hornet

"Yeah, kind of!" thankfully Wolfpaw and seemed to have gotten the picture so now it was time to get started and help Wolf learn some cool new fighting moves. Unfortunately she wouldn't be able to show him some things because of her leg but she could still show him lots of other things that weren't to intense.

Getting herself in a position where she was light on her toes and wasn't rooted into the ground she gave simple directions "Charge at me" hopefully this worked or she'd look like an idiot so she silently prayed that her leg wouldn't fail her.
Wolfpaw nodded. "Kind of" implied he at least got part of it right, so he assumed she had something else in mind for the attack part.

He backed away from Nightgaze to get some distance between them, before he bunched his muscles and moved to rush toward her.
Old November 22nd, 2023, 07:29 AM
Master of bad jokes

Quote:
Wolfpaw nodded. "Kind of" implied he at least got part of it right, so he assumed she had something else in mind for the attack part.

He backed away from Nightgaze to get some distance between them, before he bunched his muscles and moved to rush toward her.
Nightgaze
Thunderclan Hornet

Focusing her attention on Wolfpaw, Nightgaze watched as he rushed towards her. Calculating the distance between them she counted the seconds in her head as she waited until he was only a fox-length away from her and did a quick half side-step half jump to the left, feeling a streak of pain shoot up her leg but tolerating it as she did the next part of the move.

Now this part of the move was probably the most difficult you had to spin on your paws as soon as you dodged and do it at the right time were the opponent's tail was the last thing you could reach before they zoomed past then grab it in exactly the right place and give it a quick, short yank before jumping away. And that was exactly what Night attempted to do, well she did the spin right, though it was agony, and hopefully she'd manage to grab Wolf's tail.

Nightgaze kit finder!

Old November 22nd, 2023, 03:32 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours!!
My Mood: Fine

Drizzlecloud
Thunderclan
She/her

All she needed was some cobwebs–that’s all she needed. She came darting out of camp, beelining for the nearest stick that she could find–a slightly delicate twig–and then she was off bumbling about the territory in search of cobwebs. Searching every little nook and cranny that she could find, every spot that she thought had even the slightest chance of potentially housing a little eight-legged friend. It took some trial and error, a whole lot of huffing and puffing due to frustration and, honestly, a bit of exhaustion–but eventually she had gathered up a decent amount of cobwebs that were now wrapped around the end of her handy dandy stick. Now, to get this back to poor Lotuspaw.

Bump Policy: 72 hours!
Often inactive on weekends!

Click here for my character site!
Old November 22nd, 2023, 05:17 PM
work is never done

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Nightgaze
Thunderclan Hornet

Focusing her attention on Wolfpaw, Nightgaze watched as he rushed towards her. Calculating the distance between them she counted the seconds in her head as she waited until he was only a fox-length away from her and did a quick half side-step half jump to the left, feeling a streak of pain shoot up her leg but tolerating it as she did the next part of the move.

Now this part of the move was probably the most difficult you had to spin on your paws as soon as you dodged and do it at the right time were the opponent's tail was the last thing you could reach before they zoomed past then grab it in exactly the right place and give it a quick, short yank before jumping away. And that was exactly what Night attempted to do, well she did the spin right, though it was agony, and hopefully she'd manage to grab Wolf's tail.
Okay, so it was a little hard to focus while charging but he was pretty sure she just stepped out of the way. Then--

OH

Something grabbed his tail and he "Eep!"ed as it was yanked, stopping him in his tracks. Having lost his balance to boot, he stumbled and nearly fell. Ow!!
Old November 23rd, 2023, 08:32 AM
Master of bad jokes

Quote:
Okay, so it was a little hard to focus while charging but he was pretty sure she just stepped out of the way. Then--

OH

Something grabbed his tail and he "Eep!"ed as it was yanked, stopping him in his tracks. Having lost his balance to boot, he stumbled and nearly fell. Ow!!
Nightgaze
Thunderclan Hornet

Instinctively bouncing away quickly, well sort of, to avoid getting kicked, Nightgaze immediately noticed how much strain she'd put on her leg and unintentionally mirrored Wolfpaw's stumble, adding a quiet hiss of pain on the end of it.

"Damn..." she swore, her gaze focusing on her leg as she lifted it gingerly away from the ground. It throbbed with pain but even then Night didn't pay much attention on it for long and carefully sat down before turning back to Wolfpaw.

Forcing herself to smile through the pain, she tried to make it seem like everything was fine when it wasn't but who cared? Now, Wolfpaw, this was about him not her so she wouldn't make a fuss about it "So, pretty cool right?" she asked hopefully. She always wanted apprentices to think new things were cool that she showed them...well good things.

Nightgaze kit finder!

Last edited by Morrigan; November 23rd, 2023 at 08:32 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2023, 11:54 PM
YIPPEE!!

Bump Policy: 48 Hours
My Mood: Crazy

Tigerblush ━ She/they
✿ ✿ ✿

Tigerblush let out a quiet huff of amusement at his one-word response; finding the differences in their personalities ironic. She stood as well and gave each of her paws a quick shake. “Seeing as we’re both ready, I’ll lead the way.” She was quick to respond, her voice chipper. She was never more than a few paces ahead, watching Sprucepaw out of the corner of her eye as she stepped out of camp and stopped a good way from it—not quite in the thick of the territory yet. They couldn’t cover every spot of the forest, not without their paws getting worn out, so Tigerblush decided it was best to just talk about certain parts while she devised where they would go.

“Haggard Ruins is on the far edge of the territory.” She nodded in the location’s general direction. “It used to be our camp, but sinkholes brought it down, and that’s when we relocated here. Some good prey are around there, I suppose, but we won’t be taking that trek today.” She chuckled lightly, remembering when she’d been there with some other cats to clean it up—she didn’t know many who were fond of that much labor.

“Nearby, just that way, is Willow’s Rise." Her neck fur raised ever so slightly, indicating her discomfort around the topic—though she hoped Sprucepaw didn’t notice. “ThunderClan’s fallen rest there.” Tigerblush had always been disconnected from the Clans’ ancestors, and she was yet to bury any cats, so the sacred ground didn’t seem like a good place to linger.

Snapping out of her own thoughts, she turned her head to the apprentice, pausing to hear any input he might have before they wandered off to the next location.

✿ ✿ ✿
@Alchemist Kitsune [ Mention for Sprucepaw ]