Yesterday 10:57 PM
Sharpening the Rook
Last post by alec
Yesterday 10:56 PM

Old May 5th, 2024, 11:48 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Default A Cold Mist [Mistyshard Training]

A great tiredness sweeps over Coldamber as she approaches the pool of water she's always used to connect to the living world, once again taking upon herself the mantle of guidance. RiverClan had recently, finally, named itself a new Medicine Cat, this one was, blissfully, not another child to become crushed beneath the weight of expectations.
Mistyshard, the speckled molly mused, sounded familiar. Perhaps they'd been one of the several cats she had taught as a last ditch effort to keep RiverClan afloat when it had not seemed to wish to name another healer once Tansypaw had left. She could not remember, however, whether or not that was the case. She'd been pre-occupied since that last dream, and had been taking the time to spend it with her family, to think on the offer that had been granted to her. To re-tread old paths, after a month of blissful peace, it made her weary.
But she hoped this would be the final time she might need to re-visit this pool for anything other than communication with those she called family, that still resided within the living world.

After a few moments of simply gathering her thoughts, and preparing herself, Coldamber dipped her paw into the water and searched for Mistyshard among her Clanmates. When she found the new Medicine Cat, she clenched her paws as if physically grabbing the other cat, and pulled her paw from the water as she rugged on the Medicine Cat's consciousness, an invitation to join her in this dream.

[ @starry ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.
Old May 7th, 2024, 12:36 PM

Bump Policy: 72 hours
My Mood: Chatty

Default Re: A Cold Mist [Mistyshard Training]

MISTYSHARD
she/her | riverclan medicine cat | 38 moons
dreamwalker ⦁ beefed up t2
Somehow, she always managed to find herself in a dream or having a nightmare. Would she ever get a night of rest? Today wasn't that day, definitely. Her one amber eye blinked open as she materialized in front of Coldamber. She felt lightweight, staring at the feline in front of her and taking a few moments to identify her. The blurs in her gaze cleared up and she recognized her as Coldamber; WindClan's former medicine cat who she had met in a dream not too long ago. She assumed the reason for this was the same as last time - teaching herbs. However, she couldn't be too sure, so it would be better to inquire anyways.

"Hello, Coldamber. We've met before... I was one of the cats you taught herbs in a dream not too long ago. I was still Mistypaw back then, though. Well, I'm sure you know that I've assumed the rank of RiverClan's medicine cat.. are you here to teach me herbs again?"

[ @Abyssopelagic - Coldamber ]

Mistyshard is RiverClan’s current Medicine Cat. She has a semi-closed den policy. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to VM or DM me!

RiverClan Healing || Medicine Cat Den
Old May 7th, 2024, 03:29 PM

Bump Policy: 48 hours
My Mood: Dead

Default Re: A Cold Mist [Mistyshard Training]

Coldamber carefully regards Mistyshard when she appears before her, and dips her head respectfully to the new Medicine Cat. A small smile forms of her face and she gestures for the other amber eyed and grey molly to sit beside her.
She seemed.... Happier, almost, than she had been when she'd seen her, though it hadn't been for long in that first dream.
Coldamber was rather pleased that Mistyshard was chosen over some of the other cat's she'd taught that night. Seabreeze would be her other choice is she absolutely had to, but in the end, as long as it wasn't another child.

The grey molly purred - the sound a gentle rumbling that was barely audible even in the silence of StarClan - as Mistyshard greeted her.
"I remember you very well, and I am glad we get to meet again."
The tip of her tail taps the ground a few times as she shifts her weight off of what remained of her nub-like hind leg.
"Firstly, I would like to welcome you to the rank of Medicine Cat. It is an honor to have you as one of our number, and I hope to see you thrive in your role."
Truthfully, she did not know Mistyshard well, did not know much of her aside from the time she'd stalked RiverClan before pulling cats into a dream for training, but it was enough for Coldamber to be comfortable in trusting with her knowledge, and with her son's Clan.
"But yes, I seek you out once again to bestow the rest of my knowledge to you. What I taught you works well when you're just starting, but there are more delicate and.... Serious conditions you will come across with varying frequency."
Coldamber straightens her spine, sitting up completely rather than with the slight hunch she'd allowed herself for the start of this meeting.
"How have you been settling into your role?"

[ @starry ]

Add me on PokémonGo: K9WVBVJYJ

While I do not (currently) have any cats in the Clan's, I try to have at least a few role plays with my outsiders (Sedgestorm, Woollyfeather) and my StarClanner Coldamber. Most of my role plays until I feel well enough to keep up with sweeps will be related to Covenant of the Sky duties.