Today 08:30 AM

Old February 5th, 2017, 03:24 PM
constantly tired

My Mood: Lurking

Default Re: Barkskip/Dutchess/Petal - Private

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

@tawny~
Petal watched her friend retreat, a small moony look in her green hues as she thought back to the tom-cat from earlier. Once Dutchess was out of sight, however, Petal leaped down from her perch on the fence and sat down to finish grooming her hind paws and her underbelly before her housefolk were at the door calling her name. With one final lick, the pretty she-cat trotted into the den, rubbing against her housefolk happily before settling next to the food dish to eat. Tonight they had given her wet food that tasted like tuna and rice. Well, that's what she heard from them, but she enjoyed it nonetheless. Afterwards, the she-cat padded to her cozy bed and shut her eyes, her mind still swirling with thoughts about earlier

----

The following day, Petal jumped onto the fence. Her paws and underbelly more of a mess compared to the night before. Balancing herself until she was at the end of her fence where Dutchess's began, she waved her tail in the air searching for the garden. Dutchess wasn't in immediate sight leaving Petal to think she was in the den for the moment. She inhaled deeply and did was she normally did if she wanted to talk to her friend. "DUTCHESS! DUTCHESS! COME HERE I HAVE NEWS! DUTCHESS!!" The creamy british shorthair called, anxiously waiting. She had met a new tom-cat today. A havana brown that walked her home and told her all about the clans. She wanted to tell her friend about him, mentally she thought that Dutchess would be more understanding if she told her about a friendly clan cat. There was nothing to worry about. Barkskip would meet her again tomorrow and everything would be great. She hoped at least.
Dutchess was relaxing in the garden, her cream tabby pelt glistening bright ginger in the sunshine, gathering warmth as she lay their, her expression peacefully relaxed. She had just ate, and had decided to come outside for some peace from the bustling house. She stood up to stretch, jaws gaped in a yawn as she laid down again, tail flicking over her legs as she relaxed. It was a calming morning, and no activity that was worth grumbling was around currently, so Dutchess could have a break for once. It made her a bit...calm and happy for once. But her peaceful morning was soon interrupted by the yelling of Petal. Her amber optics narrowed in annoyance looking towards where Petal stood on the fence. "What now.." She grumbled to herself as she stood up, padding over to the fence, gracefully leaping on top of the fence, amber optics still looking towards her. "What is it?" She asked, a curious expression on her face, but annoyance was still there, but not very clear at all. "News hmm? Go ahead dear."

Last edited by seasalt; February 8th, 2017 at 06:53 AM.
Old February 9th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Just A Fossil

Bump Policy: 3 days
My Mood: Spooky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawny~ View Post
Dutchess was relaxing in the garden, her cream tabby pelt glistening bright ginger in the sunshine, gathering warmth as she lay their, her expression peacefully relaxed. She had just ate, and had decided to come outside for some peace from the bustling house. She stood up to stretch, jaws gaped in a yawn as she laid down again, tail flicking over her legs as she relaxed. It was a calming morning, and no activity that was worth grumbling was around currently, so Dutchess could have a break for once. It made her a bit...calm and happy for once. But her peaceful morning was soon interrupted by the yelling of Petal. Her amber optics narrowed in annoyance looking towards where Petal stood on the fence. "What now.." She grumbled to herself as she stood up, padding over to the fence, gracefully leaping on top of the fence, amber optics still looking towards her. "What is it?" She asked, a curious expression on her face, but annoyance was still there, but not very clear at all. "News hmm? Go ahead dear."
Petal didn't realize her friend was sitting in the garden the whole time and her ears grew hot with embarrassment. How could she let such a detail slip? She pushed it away though as the she-cat approached and they were in their normal spots chatting again. "I met a new tom-cat today! His name is Barkskip, and oh my, he's dreamy!" her brilliant green hues seemed moonier than normal as she spoke of the Havana. "He was much different, much nicer, he walked me all the way to the garden today," she gave a small purr, but cut herself short as she searched Dutchess's gaze for any signs of disapproval. She was expecting it, however Petal seemed to dreamy that anything spoken to her seemed to fly right over her head. "He was so kind... Dutchess, he told me more about the clans and even agreed to meet me again. Without his rude friend with him!" he spoke excitedly. The British shorthair was just thinking about the next meeting between the two. How would he react and what they would talk about and so on.

[Characters]

I'M A TOTAL TRASH MAMMAL

Old February 9th, 2017, 06:58 PM
constantly tired

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suspiciousmindz View Post

Petal didn't realize her friend was sitting in the garden the whole time and her ears grew hot with embarrassment. How could she let such a detail slip? She pushed it away though as the she-cat approached and they were in their normal spots chatting again. "I met a new tom-cat today! His name is Barkskip, and oh my, he's dreamy!" her brilliant green hues seemed moonier than normal as she spoke of the havana. "He was much different, much nicer, he walked me all the way to the garden today," she gave a small purr, but cut herself short as she searched Dutchess's gaze for any signs of disapproval. She was expecting it, however Petal seemed to dreamy that anything spoken to her seemed to fly right over her head. "He was so kind... Dutchess, he told me more about the clans and even agreed to meet me again. Without his rude friend with him!" he spoke excitedly. The British shorthair was just thinking about the next meeting between the two. How would he react and what they would talk about and so on.

( I feel a mother and daughter bond between them
Dutchess sat down on the fence, neatly licking at her cream ginger fur, grooming herself quickly. A good, clean cat with a happy cat, and she wanted to look her best, even if it would get...very dirty at times. Dutchess didn't like to be dirty, and unclean, as it was quite uncouth, but it happened every now and again. She wasn't that snobby, if she could help it. "A new one hmm? Be careful with clan cats dear." She warned, though she wasn't as mad as last time, rather calm if you could be certain, her expression, unusually unreadable. "At least he's nice..." She thought to herself, her optics calm, but uncertain about it. "I don't really like the idea of you seeing a clan cat, but if your happy, I suppose its alright." Dutchess replied, with an honest expression on her voice, with a stern look in her eye. Honestly, Petal was like a daughter to her, an adopted daughter, that was that she thought of her, usually. She was naive, and unaware of what a broken heart was, and she hoped, she would do better than she had done. But she would never tell how she thought about her, no way in the stars.