Last post by Hound
Today 10:40 AM

Old May 1st, 2017, 08:05 AM
In ConstantState of Tired

My Mood: Asleep

Default Re: Zia and Sprocket's Wanderings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skelly View Post

Zia slid away from him, feeling oddly disconcerted by the nudging.
She figured it was just because she was a bit embarrassed of having given away that much of her past. A past she wanted to bury deep and forget about for the most part. She turned sharply and looked at Sprocket. Like was a but strong in her opinion, so she just shrugged and looked around, padding off a ways. The situation had gone from being enjoyable to uncomfortable just like that. Sighing, she sat down. “So, how did you learn to fish?” she asked,
wrapping her tail over her paws.
Sprocket his twitched a bit, 'Maybe I am being a bit too friendly' He thought. His tail drooped a bit and he shuffled his paws awkwardly, he was glad Zia changed the subject. He felt bad for making her uncomfortable, "Well.. I had an old friend named Ice and I had always watched him fish but never did it myself. He hated fish anyways and only hunted it if he needed to, but back then I was still too much of a stuck up kittypet to eat it." He mewed, a hint of sadness in his tone. Even though Ice had helped Sprocket leave his Twoleg the young tom still acted stuck up and foolish. After their falling out Sprocket had realized how mouse brained he had been acting, he starved for moons because he hadn't bother to listen when Ice was teaching him how to hunt.

If you'd like to interact with Onyxwhisper, please PM or visitor message me!

Old May 1st, 2017, 09:43 AM
questionmark

My Mood: Kingly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluBunny View Post
Sprocket his twitched a bit, 'Maybe I am being a bit too friendly' He thought. His tail drooped a bit and he shuffled his paws awkwardly, he was glad Zia changed the subject. He felt bad for making her uncomfortable, "Well.. I had an old friend named Ice and I had always watched him fish but never did it myself. He hated fish anyways and only hunted it if he needed to, but back then I was still too much of a stuck up kittypet to eat it." He mewed, a hint of sadness in his tone. Even though Ice had helped Sprocket leave his Twoleg the young tom still acted stuck up and foolish. After their falling out Sprocket had realized how mouse brained he had been acting, he starved for moons because he hadn't bother to listen when Ice was teaching him how to hunt.
Zia listened closely to what Sprocket said, and she could see that.
She'd met a couple of pure, true kittypets before and knew that they'd been whiny and pampered and had clearly never seen bloodshed and fights before, based on their horrified expressions when they'd seen her fight a dog and act like thefew minor cuts she'd received were fetal or something. She didn't like fish either, but Zia always ate what was available. “Mmm . . . . Fish don't taste great either. How cats can live off the stuff all their lives beats me.” she said,
trying to push the darker, more ominous thoughts from her mind, including what Sprocket had said about her opening up to him. Abysslight had smelled like fish constantly. That smell was one Zia would never forget, and whenever she smelled it, she had always wrinkled her nose. In fact, she still wrinkled her nose whenever the smell of fish became too strong.
Old May 1st, 2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:

Zia listened closely to what Sprocket said, and she could see that.
She'd met a couple of pure, true kittypets before and knew that they'd been whiny and pampered and had clearly never seen bloodshed and fights before, based on their horrified expressions when they'd seen her fight a dog and act like thefew minor cuts she'd received were fetal or something. She didn't like fish either, but Zia always ate what was available. “Mmm . . . . Fish don't taste great either. How cats can live off the stuff all their lives beats me.” she said,
trying to push the darker, more ominous thoughts from her mind, including what Sprocket had said about her opening up to him. Abysslight had smelled like fish constantly. That smell was one Zia would never forget, and whenever she smelled it, she had always wrinkled her nose. In fact, she still wrinkled her nose whenever the smell of fish became too strong.
Sprocket nodded, "I am still interesting to see what it'll taste like." He purred. He stretched and yawned loudly, "I think it's time for a nap!" He laughed as his eyes searched for a nice spot to sleep at. He wanted to stay in the sun and feel the warmth against his pelt. He trotted over closer to the river, there was a few spots were warm rocks laid and it wasn't too close to the river. The mottled tom turned into a circle and let out a purr when he felt the hot rocks against his paw pads and pelt. "Are you going to stay up or sleep?" He asked Zia. He tucked his paws underneath him and closed his eyes but stayed awake so he could hear her answer.

Old May 1st, 2017, 04:14 PM
questionmark

Quote:
Sprocket nodded, "I am still interesting to see what it'll taste like." He purred. He stretched and yawned loudly, "I think it's time for a nap!" He laughed as his eyes searched for a nice spot to sleep at. He wanted to stay in the sun and feel the warmth against his pelt. He trotted over closer to the river, there was a few spots were warm rocks laid and it wasn't too close to the river. The mottled tom turned into a circle and let out a purr when he felt the hot rocks against his paw pads and pelt. "Are you going to stay up or sleep?" He asked Zia. He tucked his paws underneath him and closed his eyes but stayed awake so he could hear her answer.
(I was not expecting us to win xD)
“Its hard to describe, so I'll leave you to learn that for yourself.
she commented, her fur flattening. Zia watched him, starting to feel more relaxed than before as the previous conversation was driven from her thoughts. She nodded, but still said nothing. She studied the rocks and hoped that there weren't any snakes basking under them, as snakes so often slept under rocks. How they could do that without smushing themselves was beyond her. “I'll stay up.” she said with little hesitation, then she turned, getting ready to explore this side of the river for a little bit. To one side she saw mountains,
and the other there was rolling hills. She knew where those lead. Upstream were a few more trees and some goldenrod. Zia gave Sprocket a northern padded off towards the goldenrod, curious to see what might be lying hidden in it.
Old May 2nd, 2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:

(I was not expecting us to win xD)
“Its hard to describe, so I'll leave you to learn that for yourself.
she commented, her fur flattening. Zia watched him, starting to feel more relaxed than before as the previous conversation was driven from her thoughts. She nodded, but still said nothing. She studied the rocks and hoped that there weren't any snakes basking under them, as snakes so often slept under rocks. How they could do that without smushing themselves was beyond her. “I'll stay up.” she said with little hesitation, then she turned, getting ready to explore this side of the river for a little bit. To one side she saw mountains,
and the other there was rolling hills. She knew where those lead. Upstream were a few more trees and some goldenrod. Zia gave Sprocket a northern padded off towards the goldenrod, curious to see what might be lying hidden in it.
(I know right?! I was no expecting it at all!)

Sprocket nodded, "I might just take a small nap." He purred. He let out a light yawn and curled himself up, he heard Zia walked up but didn't concern himself about it. She was obligated to be with him all the time, they had just met after all. The warm rocks felt nice underneath him and he soon fell into a light sleep.

Old May 2nd, 2017, 10:44 PM
questionmark

Quote:
(I know right?! I was no expecting it at all!)

Sprocket nodded, "I might just take a small nap." He purred. He let out a light yawn and curled himself up, he heard Zia walked up but didn't concern himself about it. She was obligated to be with him all the time, they had just met after all. The warm rocks felt nice underneath him and he soon fell into a light sleep.
Zia didn't hear him, but she wouldn't have reacted any differently if she had heard him. The large dark furred molly padded into the goldenrod, dodging around the tall golden-green stalks. She loved the way the yellow flowers in the tip of each tall plant smelled, and the way the rustled in the cool breeze that blew down from the mountains. She spotted a log that was partially rotted and rather old. She leaped on to it, stretching and sharpening her claws on the soft, decaying wood.

Last edited by doghouse; May 8th, 2017 at 07:11 AM.
Old May 8th, 2017, 07:12 AM
questionmark

( Not to rush you or anything, but a little bump @BluBunny )
Old May 8th, 2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:

Zia didn't hear him, but she wouldn't have reacted any differently if she had heard him. The large dark furred molly padded into the goldenrod, dodging around the tall golden-green stalks. She loved the way the yellow flowers in the tip of each tall plant smelled, and the way the rustled in the cool breeze that blew down from the mountains. She spotted a log that was partially rotted and rather old. She leaped on to it, stretching and sharpening her claws on the soft, decaying wood.
(thank you for the bump! I had a lot of post quote notifications come through and I must've missed yours)

Sprocket opened his eyes once more, expecting to see the river and the grass around him but instead found himself in a Twolegs den, a house, he remembered the word he had used as a kittypet. Once he had left his Twolegs he wanted to leave everything he knew as a kittypet behind, including the words he used as a kittypet. He wrinkled his nose as a rank scent hit his nose, the smell seemed so familiar but he couldn't remember what the scent was. His eyes widen and his back arched as he heard loud, thumping noises through the wall and bright flashing lights, he finally realized he was back in his Twolegs house. White hot pain surged through him as a long stick with smoke coming out of it pressed against his flank. He yelped loudly and turned to find his Twolegs laughing along with other Twolegs. The tom began to run but could fell the Twolegs strange paws grabbing at his tail and flank, the tom closed his eyes once more and jumped awake. His claws dug into the soil, he stood with his back arched and his hair stood on end. His fur began to flatten as he realized where he was, he took in the scents around him and began to calm down. He licked his chest to try and flatten his fur, he let out a loud sigh and began to follow Zias scent, his fear scent still clinging to him.

Old May 17th, 2017, 12:26 AM
questionmark

Quote:
(thank you for the bump! I had a lot of post quote notifications come through and I must've missed yours)

Sprocket opened his eyes once more, expecting to see the river and the grass around him but instead found himself in a Twolegs den, a house, he remembered the word he had used as a kittypet. Once he had left his Twolegs he wanted to leave everything he knew as a kittypet behind, including the words he used as a kittypet. He wrinkled his nose as a rank scent hit his nose, the smell seemed so familiar but he couldn't remember what the scent was. His eyes widen and his back arched as he heard loud, thumping noises through the wall and bright flashing lights, he finally realized he was back in his Twolegs house. White hot pain surged through him as a long stick with smoke coming out of it pressed against his flank. He yelped loudly and turned to find his Twolegs laughing along with other Twolegs. The tom began to run but could fell the Twolegs strange paws grabbing at his tail and flank, the tom closed his eyes once more and jumped awake. His claws dug into the soil, he stood with his back arched and his hair stood on end. His fur began to flatten as he realized where he was, he took in the scents around him and began to calm down. He licked his chest to try and flatten his fur, he let out a loud sigh and began to follow Zias scent, his fear scent still clinging to him.
Zia lay on the lay down on the soft and earthy smelling log, her eyes half closed as she dozed off a little but, feeling quite relaxed by the soft whisper of the wind rubbing the goldenrod together. It was quite a relaxing sound, and soon she found that she was in a very light sleep, where the sweet smell of the bright yellow flowers and tall green stems never left her. This smell wasn't like anything in the Syndicate, but it was comforting in a way. Then she heard noises and leaped up, aroused from her half sleeping daze. She heard a pained yelping noise coming from the direction of Sprocket, and quickly set off at a nice, quick pace in that direction, only to run headlong into him and stumble backwards, blinking. “What was that about?” Zia asked, groaning slightly as her jaw moved, but she didn't really mind the pain. She was referring of course to the yelping noises, not to bumping into him, but it could've sounded either way to just about anyone.

( Sorry it's so late! )
Old May 20th, 2017, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Zia lay on the lay down on the soft and earthy smelling log, her eyes half closed as she dozed off a little but, feeling quite relaxed by the soft whisper of the wind rubbing the goldenrod together. It was quite a relaxing sound, and soon she found that she was in a very light sleep, where the sweet smell of the bright yellow flowers and tall green stems never left her. This smell wasn't like anything in the Syndicate, but it was comforting in a way. Then she heard noises and leaped up, aroused from her half sleeping daze. She heard a pained yelping noise coming from the direction of Sprocket, and quickly set off at a nice, quick pace in that direction, only to run headlong into him and stumble backwards, blinking. “What was that about?” Zia asked, groaning slightly as her jaw moved, but she didn't really mind the pain. She was referring of course to the yelping noises, not to bumping into him, but it could've sounded either way to just about anyone.

( Sorry it's so late! )
Sprocket wasn't paying attention and suddenly felt a body slam against him. He fell onto his bottom and he looked around with wide eyes, it took him a few moments to notice Zia. "Oh, sorry. I wasn't paying attention.." He mumbled. "Are you alright?" he asked, he was clearly avoiding the question. He didn't mind talking about his Twolegs but he didn't like to let others know he still had nightmares about them.

(Sorry its late and so short I've been busy: