Last post by SilverFur.
Today 01:15 PM

Old November 8th, 2016, 01:11 PM
Word Nerd~

My Mood: Sick

Default Re: SkyClan Territory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusty View Post
(No, it's okay. Sycamore is a rather awkward warrior x3)
"Yes." Sycamorebranch said to the apprentice's first comment. He then began listening to her next few words, which actually became a question directed towards him.
"Being a warrior's definitely better than being an apprentice." He said, flicking his tail too and fro. He suddenly realized that his statement could actually be used as an insult, but he didn't mean for it to be. And so, he corrected himself: "Well, it's just that we get more freedom. And plus, we're older, so we don't always have a mentor looking over our shoulder." His words were spoken with slight relief; apprenticeship was quite hard for the tom, and he tried straying as far away from it as possible. After all, what would happen if he were to mentor a youngster similarly to Ebonypaw? It would only be disaster waiting to happen.
Ebonypaw flicked her ears and her eyes became slightly narrowed as he spoke those first words. She could see his point, and the bits that he had added to it were interesting, though she still felt slightly hurt... Well, less hurt and more agitated would probably be a bit of a better description of the thoughts that were racing through the she-cat's mind. She turned her ears backwards, facing them away from the tom in front of her as she listened to the sounds behind her instead, wanting very much to open her mouth and say something, though she wasn't sure what she would say. She didn't want to be agitated or upset with what he had said, but she was. She could see his side, but it didn't affect her emotions.
"Believe what you like then." She mewed, her voice calm though turning icier, that was the best she could get to truly being calm as she fought to keep down the bubble of anger that she could feel compressing her chest. She didn't want to act out, not after basically being told that warriors were better than apprentices, she didn't want to prove his words right, even if that wasn't what they were meant to mean...

Hi! I’m Brook, but call me whatever you wish =^^=. I’m unfortunately not very active, and though I may come back every once in a while to say Hi, I’m not sure if I’ll get back to Roleplaying or not. Miss you guys.
Old November 10th, 2016, 01:22 PM
lover of science and cats

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees View Post
Ebonypaw flicked her ears and her eyes became slightly narrowed as he spoke those first words. She could see his point, and the bits that he had added to it were interesting, though she still felt slightly hurt... Well, less hurt and more agitated would probably be a bit of a better description of the thoughts that were racing through the she-cat's mind. She turned her ears backwards, facing them away from the tom in front of her as she listened to the sounds behind her instead, wanting very much to open her mouth and say something, though she wasn't sure what she would say. She didn't want to be agitated or upset with what he had said, but she was. She could see his side, but it didn't affect her emotions.
"Believe what you like then." She mewed, her voice calm though turning icier, that was the best she could get to truly being calm as she fought to keep down the bubble of anger that she could feel compressing her chest. She didn't want to act out, not after basically being told that warriors were better than apprentices, she didn't want to prove his words right, even if that wasn't what they were meant to mean...
(Great. Here I go again with the really late responses)
Sycamore finally noticed that Ebonypaw was turning a bit... well, what was the word for it? He was probably doing something horribly wrong, but his jaw opened anyways and words spilled out like running water. "But it's true," he mused. "Apprenticeship was really hard for me- it might not be for you, but for me it was- and that's why I like warriorhood better." His paws shifted momentarily, as he debated how bad she was going to react.
Although, Sycamore did believe that he did have a valid point. And even if Ebony was going to be a bit frustrated, he couldn't change the fact of it. He couldn't change his opinions because someone else had different ones... especially a younger feline. Sycamorebranch was supposed to have more power than Ebonypaw did, but in reality, he felt like he was losing control. It was a strange feeling.

:: roleplayer of Halite- the former Dusk Syndicate Commander ::

Old November 11th, 2016, 03:58 PM
20 y/o grill dad

Bump Policy: 24hrs
My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskflight View Post
As he explained to the young tom about the sort of dangers that occurred around this border, he spoke carefully, not wanting to scare the young tom but wanting him to know that it was always important to be alert even when this was one of the least dangerous borders. The brown tabby offered a smile to try and lighten the mood, his tail gently resting on the apprentice's back and a chuckle rolling out of his throat as Rowanpaw spoke, finding the words a bit amusing. "Yes foxes really do come here and they are very much real. They're not much bigger than me, but they can really do some damage if you're not careful, so if you ever spot one in the territory, be sure to tell me or another warrior so we can take care of them, I'm sure your mother told you about the dangers they pose." Despite the rather dark note that this sort of conversation could hold, Grouseflurry maintained a lighthearted, happy tone and that smile of his did not falter. Sliding his tail from Rowanpaw's pack, he padded towards the marker that he had just refreshed, "This jagged rock here marks the edge of this part of the territory and is where the scent marker should be renewed when it's getting faint." instructed the mentor, flicking his tail to point at the rock that was nearly as big as Rowanpaw, the shells of nuts scattered around it because many intelligent birds used this rock in order to crack open the nuts to get the edible stuff inside. "Got it?" purred the tom gently, focusing his attention fully on the ginger and white apprentice. "Remember, if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask!" I really hope I'm not going to fast for him, this is probably a lot to process on the first day of training..Thought Grouseflurry suddenly with an uneasy flick of his tail before promptly adding. "Also, tell me if I'm going to fast with all of this, I know it may be a lot to process at once.." At this he chuckled out nervously and glanced away. This was his first apprentice and he didn't want to screw it up.
"...Woah." Rowanpaw exclaimed, his bright eyes widening as his mentor told him about foxes, and immediately, the images of monsters from the old nursery tales, when Honeybee was still taking care of him and his two sisters; Ashenpaw and Redpaw- he needed to talk to them, anyways. He hadn't exactly been talking to anyone ever since he became an apprentice, trying to prepare himself, to make sure he recovered from everything that had been happening lately. He was determined to do some good for the world, really- but first he had to learn. Rowanpaw had to learn from Grouseflurry, who confused him to no end for some reason- it was like other cats were drawn to him, how he could keep on running for hours on end, even if all his friends had gotten tired by now. Apparently, he'd gotten his name for his endless speed, but everything about the deputy seemed to be endless. The tom's kindness, his sense of bravery, everything good about him, it never stopped, and the apprentice could see this in every move he made, even when this was their first time exploring together, being able to train together as apprentice and mentor. "...My mom never told me, no- she wasn't really ever around." Mumbling towards his mentor awkwardly, it was a bit hard talking about Mapleleaf in front of anyone, but this tabby tom was a bit more approachable in a sense, easier to talk to than almost anyone else in Skyclan- but one thing was for sure, one thing that the young ginger tom knew. "Y-You're not going too fast! I wanna learn everything, trust me- some day, I'll be just like you, and we can go super fast!" He wanted to be like this cat, with his speed and his non-existent temper- he was like the sea, calm and beautiful.

Last edited by Fel; November 11th, 2016 at 03:59 PM.
Old November 11th, 2016, 05:45 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

@S A G I E and @Hexict
cloudspots padded out of the warriors den, his eyes scanned the clearing as he looked for any clanmates to talk to. The tom flicked his ear and gave up, the disheartned tom padded to a shaded spot, just under a tree, and layed himself down, tucking his paws neatly underneath him. The silver warrior then closed his eyes and began to nod off.
Old November 11th, 2016, 06:10 PM
og plant mom

My Mood: Yeehaw

Gingerwish carefully began to lick her right paw. She grazed it over her ears and finished grooming herself. She shifted her weight and the branch she was lieing on shifted. She immediatly stopped and relaxed. Gingerwish slightly open her mouth to yawn. She looked down from the tree she was in to see a silvery tom. She couldn't tell exactly who it was because of the sun. She squinted slightly and made out the shape of Cloudspots. She smiled fondly. "Hello Cloudspots!" She mewed from above.

|| character site || rowan follows in blazing's footsteps ||
Old November 11th, 2016, 07:04 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

@S A G I E
Cloudspots flinched at the sudden noise he heard from above, with a puzzled look the tom looked around, then finally the dappled warrior looked up and spotted a familiar face "oh hello gingerwish! You startled me!" He laughed out as he streched then streched. Twiching his nose the tom looked back up to the she cat perched in the tree "how is your day going so far?" He called as he neatly wrapped his tail around his paws and waited for an answer.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old November 13th, 2016, 03:07 PM
Lovable Cannibal

My Mood: Twisted

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenic! View Post
"...Woah." Rowanpaw exclaimed, his bright eyes widening as his mentor told him about foxes, and immediately, the images of monsters from the old nursery tales, when Honeybee was still taking care of him and his two sisters; Ashenpaw and Redpaw- he needed to talk to them, anyways. He hadn't exactly been talking to anyone ever since he became an apprentice, trying to prepare himself, to make sure he recovered from everything that had been happening lately. He was determined to do some good for the world, really- but first he had to learn. Rowanpaw had to learn from Grouseflurry, who confused him to no end for some reason- it was like other cats were drawn to him, how he could keep on running for hours on end, even if all his friends had gotten tired by now. Apparently, he'd gotten his name for his endless speed, but everything about the deputy seemed to be endless. The tom's kindness, his sense of bravery, everything good about him, it never stopped, and the apprentice could see this in every move he made, even when this was their first time exploring together, being able to train together as apprentice and mentor. "...My mom never told me, no- she wasn't really ever around." Mumbling towards his mentor awkwardly, it was a bit hard talking about Mapleleaf in front of anyone, but this tabby tom was a bit more approachable in a sense, easier to talk to than almost anyone else in Skyclan- but one thing was for sure, one thing that the young ginger tom knew. "Y-You're not going too fast! I wanna learn everything, trust me- some day, I'll be just like you, and we can go super fast!" He wanted to be like this cat, with his speed and his non-existent temper- he was like the sea, calm and beautiful.
The deputy nodded his head with a gentle smile as he let Rowanpaw sponge up the information he had given him, though his gaze momentarily fixated on something across the border, nothing in particular it seemed because his gaze was promptly fixating back on his apprentice. As a look of determination rippled over the ginger apprentice's face, the same look streaked across the tabby mentor's. He was determined to give this young tom everything. He was determined to present him the knowledge that he needed and even more. He was determined to give him the power to become a truly great, and a truly notable warrior. He was determined to make this young, seemingly shy tom, a cat that was capable to run with him to the ends of the land and not stop once to question or ask, one that he would be honored to fight side by side with, to hunt beside, to call a clanmate. Rowanpaw his responsibility and Grouseflurry couldn't be more proud to be the one to take him under his wing and whisk him over the land, guiding him, teaching him.
At the young toms comment about his mother, the brown tabby nodded his head gently, brushing his tail along Rowanpaw's side gently. "I understand." In that moment, he wanted to give the young tom permission to come to him with any questions, any questions at all and blinking as he realized that that would be the perfect thing to do as a mentor, he did. "Rowanpaw.. If you ever have questions, anything at all, please don't be afraid to approach me with them. I am your mentor now, your teacher, and I would be more than happy to give you the answers you would like to know."
There was a pause as he listened to what the apprentice had to say and the sprawling smile on the deputies muzzle seemed to widen a bit, a small nod bobbing his head as he fixated his green gaze on Rowanpaw for a moment longer before looking off in the direction the border stretched. "I look forward to that day Rowanpaw, when we can run together. I know one day you will make it to that point. But for now, lets continue along the border." Meowed the tom gently, flicking his apprentice on the shoulder with his tail before turning towards the north, where part of the border stretched.

Credit to the wonderful Endless on WCO for my profile picture! Wonderful picture of Hannibal <3
Hannibal's Den
Character Site

Help me hatch my egg?
Old November 16th, 2016, 01:17 PM
Word Nerd~

Quote:
(Great. Here I go again with the really late responses)
Sycamore finally noticed that Ebonypaw was turning a bit... well, what was the word for it? He was probably doing something horribly wrong, but his jaw opened anyways and words spilled out like running water. "But it's true," he mused. "Apprenticeship was really hard for me- it might not be for you, but for me it was- and that's why I like warriorhood better." His paws shifted momentarily, as he debated how bad she was going to react.
Although, Sycamore did believe that he did have a valid point. And even if Ebony was going to be a bit frustrated, he couldn't change the fact of it. He couldn't change his opinions because someone else had different ones... especially a younger feline. Sycamorebranch was supposed to have more power than Ebonypaw did, but in reality, he felt like he was losing control. It was a strange feeling.
Ebonypaw felt her eyes become narrower, turning more to slits than to eyes and obstructing her overall vision. She didn't want to become angry, but, being herself, she wasn't too good at doing what her brain told her to do or listening to what she wanted to do.
"Since you obviously think 'so highly' of us apprentices." She spat sarcastically.
"Then why are you wasting your time having a conversation with one?" She mewed, afraid that her voice was beginning to edge more towards hissing than it was coldly speaking. She felt her tail begin to stir the leaves again.

Hi! I’m Brook, but call me whatever you wish =^^=. I’m unfortunately not very active, and though I may come back every once in a while to say Hi, I’m not sure if I’ll get back to Roleplaying or not. Miss you guys.
Old November 16th, 2016, 02:51 PM
lover of science and cats

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn Trees View Post
Ebonypaw felt her eyes become narrower, turning more to slits than to eyes and obstructing her overall vision. She didn't want to become angry, but, being herself, she wasn't too good at doing what her brain told her to do or listening to what she wanted to do.
"Since you obviously think 'so highly' of us apprentices." She spat sarcastically.
"Then why are you wasting your time having a conversation with one?" She mewed, afraid that her voice was beginning to edge more towards hissing than it was coldly speaking. She felt her tail begin to stir the leaves again.
Sycamore paused, clenching his teeth. His paws shuffled the ground nervously, not aware that he was restlessly moving around dried leaves with his paw. Now it was clearly obvious what was going on. Ebonypaw was definitely upset. He wished that he could've noticed this earlier, but would that really make a difference? Probably not a big one. The tom frowned at the apprentice then, with his thoughts scrambling and mixing up in his mind.
The last thing he wanted was to bring on a fight. He'd always encouraged peace anyways. Struggling to calm his nerves, which had already been restless ever since the whole 'apprentice' to 'warrior' topic, the tom signed. "But just because I don't like apprenticeship myself doesn't mean I'd reject talking to one." His words were as calm as he could handle, but it was a little bit shaky, as if he were a bit unsure of himself.
"Don't be upset." he then mumbled, mostly to himself. It was a slightly unneeded afterthought- phrases like this seemed to make the situation worse- but Sycamorebranch didn't really notice. His gaze was then plastered to the ground, suddenly aware of the ruckus he was making with his front paws. The tom stopped.

:: roleplayer of Halite- the former Dusk Syndicate Commander ::

Old November 16th, 2016, 08:26 PM
Word Nerd~

Quote:
Sycamore paused, clenching his teeth. His paws shuffled the ground nervously, not aware that he was restlessly moving around dried leaves with his paw. Now it was clearly obvious what was going on. Ebonypaw was definitely upset. He wished that he could've noticed this earlier, but would that really make a difference? Probably not a big one. The tom frowned at the apprentice then, with his thoughts scrambling and mixing up in his mind.
The last thing he wanted was to bring on a fight. He'd always encouraged peace anyways. Struggling to calm his nerves, which had already been restless ever since the whole 'apprentice' to 'warrior' topic, the tom signed. "But just because I don't like apprenticeship myself doesn't mean I'd reject talking to one." His words were as calm as he could handle, but it was a little bit shaky, as if he were a bit unsure of himself.
"Don't be upset." he then mumbled, mostly to himself. It was a slightly unneeded afterthought- phrases like this seemed to make the situation worse- but Sycamorebranch didn't really notice. His gaze was then plastered to the ground, suddenly aware of the ruckus he was making with his front paws. The tom stopped.
Ebonypaw flicked her ears again, remaining silent at this, still watching him through slitted eyes. She wasn't really sure was to make of the conversation, just that he seemed to be trying to reverse what he had said earlier, or at least how it had come across as to Ebonypaw. She didn't really know how to respond, just that she was not okay with what was going on and she wasn't entirely sure why. Well, she was, she just didn't know why she still was when he was trying to make up for it. She was actually trying to convince herself to quit acting so hostile when he told her not to be upset. All thoughts of calming down flew out the window at that window and she felt her ears flop against her skull.