Closed Thread

Old July 24th, 2017, 04:26 PM
Somewhere in Space

My Mood: Sarcastic

Default Re: July Gathering

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
@Little Bird

Cottonfrost stepped into the clearing, looking around with cold blue eyes. His tail flicked slowly back and forth and he casually searched around for a spot. He found a clear area a few tail lengths away. Padding over to it, the tom settled down, not in a hurry, and wrapped his tail around his paws.

(Sorry it's so short, gtg)

(It's fine)
A brown tabby molly sat still. Her green orbs scanning the area. Mostly it was just cats casually talking. Suddenly her gaze caught on a lone cat. One away from the others. Doesong narrowed her eyes. Who could that be? Suddenly a realization hit the young molly. Cottonfrost! they had met at the border a while ago. As in a long while ago. Things had happened between then. Doesong had met Flame, which was the best part. But it would never hurt to see someone you knew like Cottonfrost. Who cares if he was ThunderClan? Doesong got to her feet, and padded over to the tom. "Cottonfrost." she said to get his attention.
Old July 24th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Plant of Poison

My Mood: Stressed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau View Post
Crestfeather laughed as she sunk into a more comfortable position on her stomach. "Oh yes, simply gorgeous!" She mockingly gushed, "I've had to fight off all the other she-cats with tooth and claw!" The warrior's eyes glittered as she teased the tom, until she realized what she was insinuating and snapped her mouth shut. Crestfeather glanced at Soaringcrane as he purred and licked his chest fur, grooming down her own pristine coat just to have something to do. Her eyes flicked over to his and she moved them back down to the sand. Heat radiated from her face as he asked if there was anything she wanted to talk about, feeling certain that he'd caught her little slip earlier. "O-oh I don't know..." She stammered quietly, flustered. Her eyes moved up to him and back down again and she murmured, "Is there something you want to talk about?"
Soaringcrane widened his eyes a little as she teased him about fighting for his attention. Did she....love him? However, he realized he had gotten his hopes up when she didn't know what to talk about. When asked about what he wanted to talk about, he felt flustered. Why yes Crestfeather there is something I want to talk about. You and me. I love you more than anything that the clans could offer me. You're my star in the darkness. You are the cat who I feel like I could do anything with. And you're the cat who makes my heart swoon.He thought, but instead replied with, "Well I was thinking about your last assessment and how we could've worked on your speed.
Can't be my apprentice without being one of the fastest cats out here."
He said jokingly, nudging her shoulder. "Thanks for the meal by the way tonight. That was a nice gift." He said smiling. A gift...a gift... Soaringcrane's ears almost went down. Was he supposed to get Crestfeather a gift?! No, it's okay. The gift wouldn't be needed to convince her to be his mate.
Crestfeather was better than that. He relaxed.

"So go on, dare me to lose, dare me to move
Dare me to run
And you can dare me to prove something to you
Is that what you want?"-Dare, Daya
Old July 24th, 2017, 05:00 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
Soaringcrane widened his eyes a little as she teased him about fighting for his attention. Did she....love him? However, he realized he had gotten his hopes up when she didn't know what to talk about. When asked about what he wanted to talk about, he felt flustered. Why yes Crestfeather there is something I want to talk about. You and me. I love you more than anything that the clans could offer me. You're my star in the darkness. You are the cat who I feel like I could do anything with. And you're the cat who makes my heart swoon.He thought, but instead replied with, "Well I was thinking about your last assessment and how we could've worked on your speed.
Can't be my apprentice without being one of the fastest cats out here."
He said jokingly, nudging her shoulder. "Thanks for the meal by the way tonight. That was a nice gift." He said smiling. A gift...a gift... Soaringcrane's ears almost went down. Was he supposed to get Crestfeather a gift?! No, it's okay. The gift wouldn't be needed to convince her to be his mate.
Crestfeather was better than that. He relaxed.
Crestfeather looked expectantly at Soaringcrane, hoping...hoping for what? She didn't know but she did know that it definitely wasn't the words that came out of Soaringcrabe's mouth. "Oh." She said, sadly. Her ears flattened and she looked off into the shrubbery, anywhere but at Soaringcrane. What was I expecting? I guess he really doesn't love me. Tears start welling up in her eyes and she blinked furiously, desperate to show Soaringcrane she was tough. "I'll work on my speed." She meowed in a weak voice, cursing herself for letting emotion creep into her tone.
Old July 24th, 2017, 05:11 PM
Plant of Poison

Quote:
Crestfeather looked expectantly at Soaringcrane, hoping...hoping for what? She didn't know but she did know that it definitely wasn't the words that came out of Soaringcrabe's mouth. "Oh." She said, sadly. Her ears flattened and she looked off into the shrubbery, anywhere but at Soaringcrane. What was I expecting? I guess he really doesn't love me. Tears start welling up in her eyes and she blinked furiously, desperate to show Soaringcrane she was tough. "I'll work on my speed." She meowed in a weak voice, cursing herself for letting emotion creep into her tone.
Soaringcrane realized his terrible mistake and watched as she hid her face. He could see tears splatter onto the dry sand. "No Crestfeather. Your speed is perfect and so is the rest of you!" He protested as he tried to reason with her. "You're my best friend in all of the clans and I wouldn't want it any other way. I'm sorry for saying that. You are so much more than just your speed." He forced her to look at him, using his nose to go under her chin and bring him to face her. Carefully, he licked her face, trying to wash away the tears.

Dare me to run
Old July 24th, 2017, 05:34 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Quote:
Soaringcrane realized his terrible mistake and watched as she hid her face. He could see tears splatter onto the dry sand. "No Crestfeather. Your speed is perfect and so is the rest of you!" He protested as he tried to reason with her. "You're my best friend in all of the clans and I wouldn't want it any other way. I'm sorry for saying that. You are so much more than just your speed." He forced her to look at him, using his nose to go under her chin and bring him to face her. Carefully, he licked her face, trying to wash away the tears.
Crestfeather listened to Soaringcrane's apology guiltily. His words wouldn't have hurt her if she wasn't so uncertain of everything at the moment. The molly felt like yowling at the stars, angry that she was so confused and that Soaringcrane was acting so weird, though she wasn't angry at him. She willingly let him move her face and groom away the few stray tears that had leaked out of her eyes. Cursing herself for appearing weak, Crestfeather focused all of her power on alleviating the sadness that blocked her throat and spilled out of her eyes like drops of rain from an angry cloud. Mercifully, she managed to regain control, bottling up what she was feeling.

The new warrior cleared her throat and gave Soaringcrane her most convincing smile. "I'm sorry about that. You have nothing to apologize about, that was a valid note. I should be listening to advice and using it to get better to serve Windclan as best as I can. It must just be the stress of being a warrior getting to me," the molly lied with a strained chuckle. She turned back to look at the leaders, thumping her tail impatiently against the ground, itching to run back through Windclan territory, back through time to when things were easier and not nearly as confusing.
Old July 24th, 2017, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duststorm View Post
Trailing after the apprentice, Nightbreeze let out an annoyed sigh, her tail lashing back and forth as they made their way into the clearing. It had only been a short amount of time that Ashpaw was under Nightbreeze's guiding wing, but the warrior felt as if she had aged twenty more moons. He was so rambunctious and wild, even the feisty cat couldn't keep up with him. I swear... his mother didn't teach him anything. She sighed quietly to herself. Taking in a deep breath, the warm scent of the sea comforting her, Nightbreeze scanned across the clearing to see if she could find anyone to sit by. It would be nice to introduce Ashpaw to some other clan cats. After moons of isolation in Skyclan, Nightbreeze couldn't imagine not being friendly with them. Turning back, a gasp left her chest as she frantically looked around for her apprentice, quickly whipping her head back and forth. "Where has he run off to this time?!" The warrior hissed in annoyance before spotting Ashpaw over by a few cats she had never met before. Sprinting after the apprentice, she snatched the end of his tail, giving the two other warriors a sympathetic look. "Sorry if he bothered you, still getting him used to interacting with others." She shot Ashpaw a serious look before dragging him over by the tail and picking up the young apprentice by the scruff, carrying him away into the crowd. "You need to stop running away, it's easy to get lost during a gathering. I don't wan't you ending up in another clans camp by accident, so stay close, got it?" Nightbreeze muttered through the apprentice's fur. Really, she sounded like a worried mother more than an upset mentor. It was obvious she cared for her apprentice, but she'd be lying if she said that he wasn't running her gray.
(Sorry it took me awhile to reply! I don't think I got the notification I was quoted, heh.)

"It's no problem," Breezerunner chuckled. "It was actually a good thing he came over. Neverwing and I were... having a very tense discussion about recent events." She waved at Ashpaw with a beaming smile as he was tugged away, before turning to give Neverwing the stink eye and getting up. "We'll talk later, Neverwing." She hissed under her breath, walking off.
Neverwing blinked at Breezerunner, and chuckled nervously before walking back towards his clan members.

"Oh, uh, sorry Nightbreeze." Ashpaw ducked his head in embarrassment and shame. "It's just so... so... exciting! I mean, look at all these cats!" He wiggled out of her grasp, landing on the ground and spinning around to face her. "I didn't think that there could be this many cats in one place! And everyone smells so different, it's clogging up my nose." He wrinkled his muzzle up, crossing his eyes to stare at the offending appendage. "And by golly, there's so many cats looking like they want to tear each others throat's out, especially those two I was talking to. I wonder what's been happening with the other clans?" Ashpaw turned his head to look towards the Seastones, eyes wide. "And wow, look at the leaders! They're so different from each other, and those two-" He pointed at Snowstar and Blazingstar. "-look like they hate each other. There's so many emotions, and so much energy here!" Ashpaw bounced on the tips of his paws, unable to contain his own energy. "I'm glad you took me here, Nightbreeze!" He bounded forward and nuzzled her happily, before pulling away and looking around.
Old July 24th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Plant of Poison

Quote:
Crestfeather listened to Soaringcrane's apology guiltily. His words wouldn't have hurt her if she wasn't so uncertain of everything at the moment. The molly felt like yowling at the stars, angry that she was so confused and that Soaringcrane was acting so weird, though she wasn't angry at him. She willingly let him move her face and groom away the few stray tears that had leaked out of her eyes. Cursing herself for appearing weak, Crestfeather focused all of her power on alleviating the sadness that blocked her throat and spilled out of her eyes like drops of rain from an angry cloud. Mercifully, she managed to regain control, bottling up what she was feeling.

The new warrior cleared her throat and gave Soaringcrane her most convincing smile. "I'm sorry about that. You have nothing to apologize about, that was a valid note. I should be listening to advice and using it to get better to serve Windclan as best as I can. It must just be the stress of being a warrior getting to me," the molly lied with a strained chuckle. She turned back to look at the leaders, thumping her tail impatiently against the ground, itching to run back through Windclan territory, back through time to when things were easier and not nearly as confusing.
Soaringcrane felt guilty as he watched her stammer out that her new duties and responsibilities were taking a toll on her. He had secretly hoped that it was because she felt a little nervous around him and loved him. That wasn't the case though. He licked her head. "You're a wonderful warrior already Crestfeather and maybe someday, a tom will be lucky to sweep you off your paws and ask you to be his mate." The tom was pretty sure that the beautiful tortie did not return his affections if he were to tell her. He watched her look at the leaders impatiently. She probably just wants to go home and forget about this night. I've ruined it. Her first gathering as a warrior. Now when she looks back on this she'll think of me and how I am the biggest rabbit brain in all of the clans. He thought negatively to himself. Maybe it was best that he could introduce her to one of his friends and let her go off with him. She'd be much happier with someone who could treat her better. She deserved the world and he couldn't give her that. He couldn't treat her like she was the only cat in the world.

Dare me to run

Last edited by Ivy; July 24th, 2017 at 06:01 PM.
Old July 24th, 2017, 06:32 PM
all that i’ll ever need

Quote:
Soaringcrane felt guilty as he watched her stammer out that her new duties and responsibilities were taking a toll on her. He had secretly hoped that it was because she felt a little nervous around him and loved him. That wasn't the case though. He licked her head. "You're a wonderful warrior already Crestfeather and maybe someday, a tom will be lucky to sweep you off your paws and ask you to be his mate." The tom was pretty sure that the beautiful tortie did not return his affections if he were to tell her. He watched her look at the leaders impatiently. She probably just wants to go home and forget about this night. I've ruined it. Her first gathering as a warrior. Now when she looks back on this she'll think of me and how I am the biggest rabbit brain in all of the clans. He thought negatively to himself. Maybe it was best that he could introduce her to one of his friends and let her go off with him. She'd be much happier with someone who could treat her better. She deserved the world and he couldn't give her that. He couldn't treat her like she was the only cat in the world.
An awkward energy sparked the air between them and Crestfeather sighed as she listened to Soaringcrane's words. At the end of his sentence, the proud molly bristled and spat, "I'm not just destined to be some tom's mate." It was the combination of her pride and the thought of being some other tom's mate that made her angry. She wasn't against taking a mate, she just didn't like when it was insinuated that she-cat's were meant to just be queens. In fact, Crestfeather had a dream life planned out for herself, and a lot of it included being Soaringcrane's mate. She wanted to work hard and become a respected warrior with Soaringcrane as her mate and a loving family. She wanted it all, and now that she was older, the thought of kits was growing on her. The molly realized quickly that Soaringcrane most likely didn't mean to cause offense and immediately felt bad for snapping at him. It was just her quick temper getting in her way once again. But the thought of taking some other Windclan warrior as her mate made the she-cat sick. Her fur flattened and Crestfeather sighed, "I'm so sorry, Soaringcrane. I know that's not how you meant it. I just don't want to think about being some random warrior's mate right now. You know how quick my temper is too. Sometimes I just don't stop and think. I let it get the best of me." The molly reached up to give his cheek an apologetic lick and asked, "Do you want to go for a walk? This doesn't look like it's going to be starting anytime soon and I think all the cats in here are making me nervous." Their not what's making me nervous! You are! She thought desperately.
Old July 24th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Rising Up

My Mood: Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusty View Post
Blizzardfoot cocked her head to the side slightly, looking forwards at her RiverClan leader Russetstar. "We're doing... well, I suppose. I guess it could be worse." Because it was true. Tensions were slightly growing, she believed, but it still wasn't horrible, like the Evil Era so many moons ago. Anything was better than that.

"ThunderClan's okay too?" She asked. It seemed only polite to ask the same question back.
"Uh, yeah, ThunderClan is coping fine," she replied, "I'm glad RiverClan is faring well, too." She gave a small smile to Blizzardfoot, an understanding look in her eyes. With a slight sigh, the she-cat then muttered so lowly that she wondered if the other warrior could hear, "Yeah, I guess it could be worse." Snowfall had no words to say after that. With fear that she couldn't say anything that would lighten up the conversation, she just gazed towards her leader, Snowstar.
Old July 24th, 2017, 07:51 PM
Plant of Poison

Quote:
An awkward energy sparked the air between them and Crestfeather sighed as she listened to Soaringcrane's words. At the end of his sentence, the proud molly bristled and spat, "I'm not just destined to be some tom's mate." It was the combination of her pride and the thought of being some other tom's mate that made her angry. She wasn't against taking a mate, she just didn't like when it was insinuated that she-cat's were meant to just be queens. In fact, Crestfeather had a dream life planned out for herself, and a lot of it included being Soaringcrane's mate. She wanted to work hard and become a respected warrior with Soaringcrane as her mate and a loving family. She wanted it all, and now that she was older, the thought of kits was growing on her. The molly realized quickly that Soaringcrane most likely didn't mean to cause offense and immediately felt bad for snapping at him. It was just her quick temper getting in her way once again. But the thought of taking some other Windclan warrior as her mate made the she-cat sick. Her fur flattened and Crestfeather sighed, "I'm so sorry, Soaringcrane. I know that's not how you meant it. I just don't want to think about being some random warrior's mate right now. You know how quick my temper is too. Sometimes I just don't stop and think. I let it get the best of me." The molly reached up to give his cheek an apologetic lick and asked, "Do you want to go for a walk? This doesn't look like it's going to be starting anytime soon and I think all the cats in here are making me nervous." Their not what's making me nervous! You are! She thought desperately.
Soaringcrane felt ashamed when she stated that she cats were more than just lot producers. He started to apologize until she apologized with a lick on the cheek. "You're fine."
He assured her. When she suggested they take a walk since the leaders seemed to be getting nowhere, he jumped up a little too eager. "Yes please!" Feeling awkward, he added: "Fresh air might do You some good."

Dare me to run
Closed Thread