Today 09:49 PM
Closed Thread

Old August 10th, 2017, 08:26 AM
oh dear

My Mood: Queenly

Default Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by mompaws View Post
@meraki Golden slivers of light reigned down upon the once-sleeping figure of Lynxthroat, sending warmth through his damp and slightly stiff body. His cranium having rested upon his forelimbs, now craned upwards, whilst his olive green gaze met with unfamiliar surroundings. A single brow perched high upon his forehead, indicating that the tom-cat was rather perplexed. This distinctive expression masked over his face for only a few moments, before the feline finally remembered about the previous flooding in his clan's territory. Striped appendages having spent enough time bathing in the unwarranted sunlight, began to compromise with the rest of his bodice; the tabbied feline soon standing upon all four mahogany paws, his shoulders stretching themselves out. Lynxthroat then started to maneuver his way through the rather crowded clearing, multifaceted globes somewhat investigating the camp for anything even remotely interesting. Their results: a mere nothing.

With a sigh breaching his secured lips, and travelling away from his frame as quickly as it had slipped out, Lynxthroat gave a toss of his eyes and wavered his way towards the pile of prey that had been built up near the centre of the camp. Examining the many scaled bodies, and a few dull brown ones too, the tom-cat eventually gave a disdained snort and trotted off empty-jawed. The strong-reek of fish would likely scar his tastebuds for many moons, and he'd rather avoid such a thing. Nothing could compare to the slimy substances that the flecked creatures left inside of the male's mouth, not even a frog. With his face distorting ever-so-slightly, Lynxthroat gave a half-hearted scoff int eh direction of the sleek-furred Riverclan cats, before he began to prowl around the outskirts of the camp. Hoping to perhaps bump into one of his own clanmates, just in the hopes that he would come off as wary towards the other clan. He didn't want them to think that he would warm up to them instantly, and believed that it would be better to show them hostility, besides their friendliness.

Placing one sooty-brown mitt before the other, Lynxthroat continued with his ambling. That is until he spotted a younger-looking feline, pretty familiar to him as well. As his presence neared the other's, the brute soon came to the realisation that it was Phloxpaw, an apprentice in his own clan. They weren't particularly close with each other. Heck, Lynxthroat had only mumbled a mere 'congratulations' when she was apprenticed. Other than that, he didn't even know whether the she-cat knew of his name or not. Whilst his caudal twitched with a hint of interest, the sturdy tom tossed a subtle glance around the clearing once again; in hopes of perhaps finding a cat whom he was better accustomed to. Unfortunately, the feline failed to spot any other cat who he recognised, let alone knew well. Inhaling a deep breath of air, Lynxthroat continued on towards Phloxpaw.

Announcing his arrival with a tedious glare towards the she-cat who now rested a fox-length or two away from him, Lynxthroat engrossed his hind against the moist earth below him. The sensation of the muck-like substance forced an almost-silent gag to amit from his bodice, however he soon collected his bearings. Swiping his tongue against a protruding piece of fur on his neck, the striped feline attempted to rearrange his positioning, trying to become more comfortable against the strange ground below him. When he finally gave up, now resting with his bodice covering up most of his legs, only his front paws sticking out from his thick masses of fur, the male spoke up; ears swivelling back as he did so.
"Phloxpaw, hey."
his words came out in a questioning tone, yet his usual nonchalance shone through. The short string of words were as monotonous as ever, and the tom-cat doubted that the female wouldn't feel too welcomed by it.
Fish. Fish, Phloxpaw decided, were an absolute atrocity- a mistake StarClan certainly must have made, and hid deep in the sea for no one to find. Certainly not meant for cats to try to catch, let alone indulge. They were slimy, scaly things that couldn't taste half as good as a good rabbit. Personally, Phlox would rather eat a bug than get her mouth anywhere near the disgusting mistakes. Though the fish in the RiverClanner's diet certainly made their pelts look nice, but she wasn't desperate enough to go that far for a smooth pelt!
Phloxpaw glanced down at her own fluffy pelt, white with tabby patches of dark grey all over. Being a Maine Coon wasn't much fun unless it was winter, but now, in the August heat, with the repulsive scent that coated every area of camp- it felt disgusting.

But a voice aroused her from her thoughts as she turned her cranium in the direction of the sound, her ears flicking first. There before her sat a warrior of whom she recognised to come from her own clan. Lynxthroat, she recognised, a bit confused as to why he was talking to her. They'd really never spoken to one another in their own camp, so why now?
But a quick glance around the RiverClan camp quickly answered her question, as she couldn't see one other ThunderClan cat within many feet. The tone of his voice he used when he initially addressed her confused the apprentice as well. His monotone and unenthusiastic tone almost hinted he was asking a question, but he clearly didn't want anything rather than to not be by himself.

So Phloxpaw turned herself to look at him, her brow arched in an inquisitive way and she replied.
"Hello Lynxthroat?"
Unlike most when asking a question, Phloxpaw's voice tended to drop at the end of a question, rather than get higher like most. It was simply a quirk about the apprentice, but a lot of the time it confused other cats somehow.
"Are you looking for something or someone?"
the shade,
always comes at the worst times

character site: wip
art: my da
Old August 10th, 2017, 09:49 AM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✨Blue Wishes✨ View Post

Goldeneye let out a breath as he heard the apprentice. "Well, I'll talk to someone about that, trust me," he said softly, smiling. The deputy glanced around the clearing before looking back at Dungpaw, "We'll be back home soon," he said calmly, he wanted to be back in Shadowclan as soon as possible. However, here he was, "You never know," he shrugged, "Maybe you'll grow to like the taste of fish," he muttered, before laughing. He didn't know what would happen, but maybe his mate was right, that he should just give it a chance, looking at Dungpaw. "Why doesn't he sleep in the warriors den? Or somewhere like that?" He asked, blinking. That was horrible! These Riverclan apprentinces seemed really mean! He would need to talk to someone about that. Looking at Dungpaw with concern in his eyes.
Dungpaw shrugged," His mentor told him to sleep in the apprentice den. And he is too embarressed to sleep in the nursery, the kits are fine, they're simply extremely curious asking us questions about Shadowclan and the elder's are simply glad to have more cats to remove ticks and fleas." He added.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old August 10th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingle View Post

"If my two most trusted cats in this clan thought you were worth it, you are more than welcomed into ShadowClan." Halestar said, an amused grin on her face. She wasn't typically approached this way when she said who she was- but it was kind of a nice feeling in a way- that she was respected.

"Well, I would also like you to start warrior training when you are capable of doing so, as per determined by Daypaw. I would also like you to decide on if you'd like to keep your current name or change it to something more clan-like, which would be more preferred." She continued, looking the other cat down but making sure she had a soft motherly smile on her face.
Lucky stood straight, relief swelling in her chest as she heard Halestar confirm her place in Shadowclan with a warm smile. "Thank you, Halestar!" she replied, a soft purr trailing her words of gratitude. "You know, Goldeneye told me that I could keep my name if I like, but I think I'd like having a new name for my new life here. Daypaw says I ought to be healed soon. It's just my shoulder that needs some more time." She glanced at her shoulder, a layer of chewed up plants plastered to the wound. Lucky's excitement for joining Shadowclan was renewed. She'd get to be clanmates with Daypaw, and Goldeneye! She'd learn to fight and keep her clanmates safe. She'd have a big family where cats helped each other. Her tail curled up behind her as a warm happiness took hold. I'm home.
Old August 10th, 2017, 01:24 PM

My Mood: Chatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighty View Post
This wasn't like her. Sunbreeze was pacing back and forth. Back and forth. Shadowclan was in their camp. She didn't like this one bit. Sure there was a flood and now Shadowclan had flooded. Last time a flood had swept the clans, Riverclan ended up with Shadowclan in their camp. Now was just the opposite. But that didn't mean things were going to be better. She hadn't exactly been fond of Shadowclan since he last close encounters with them, and this definetky wasn't helping.

Last time she had been close to a Shadowclan cat was the last time it flooded. Last time it flooded, she had run into one of the sweetest, most charming, toms of the time. She had fallen in love. She had broken the rules. She had done the biggest thing that she was told not to do all her life. She found love outside her clan. She had found Littlefang of Shadowclan, and even to this day she could remember the times she spent buried in his warm brown fur. She had loved him, he had loved her. They seemed the perfect match.

But on the way back with her kits Littlefang's apprentice had brutally murdered one of her kit. This she had never forgotten, and she even remembered the spot she buried Mottledkit in. She remembered it, and it often haunted her memories. The day was bittersweet, but it had taken a turn for the worse. Luckily for her she had come back to find a true friend, one that seemed not to care about her past mistakes, only her beauty and possibility for the future.

Colby quickly became her one and only. He had been such a good friend, he had supported her with her biological kits and adopted kits. He stayed with her through her darkest valleys and highest mountains. He had been with her when she found out via Starclan that one of her sons had died in the liberation battles. Graypaw had died honorably, but that didn't stop guilt. But now here they were, and Sunbreeze feared seeing either Twigleg or Littlefang, and she couldn't see Colby anywhere if they did show up. Colby knew everything, Sunbreeze had told him her life story a long time ago. But now she had started anew. New mate, new beginning, new love, new best friend. Now if only she could make it through this without bringing up the past.

@Doe Naps @Hexict
Twigleg padded into the clearing begrudgingly. He shivered at the thought of running into Sunbreeze or one of the kits. Will I be able to control myself?
The Havana tom shook his head, he needed to do this. His green eyes scanned the camp, searching for the she-cat. There she was. Twigleg slowly stepped over to her, sensing her anxiety. "Su-Sunbreeze?" His voice trembled, barely louder than a whisper. What if she attacks me? Will I be able to stop myself from hurting her? "I-I need to talk to you..." Twigleg shrunk into himself, hoping to look as nonthreatening as possible. "Littlefang died, he won't be here." He looked around the clearing, shivering at the memories of the last time he saw these many Riverclan cats. What was wrong with me? The dark tom tried to straighten himself up, he could tell that he stunk of fear.

(Sorry its so short! I'm kinda busy irl with school starting soon)
Old August 10th, 2017, 02:20 PM
xmas and new yrs

My Mood: Amused

@Bunnyburns36

Dustpaw exited the den he shared with the other apprentices, both Riverclan and his own clanmates. The chubby gray tom looked around, flicking his ears. Maybe his mentor would be around, or one of his friends. He sat down closer to the center of the clearing, his blueish green eyes assessing his surrounds. He was ready to train, even if it mean battle training. The tom would rather talk it out, but learning to fight could be handy.

Mention me if you don't think I saw it
Old August 10th, 2017, 03:30 PM
:)

My Mood: Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon View Post
Dungpaw shrugged," His mentor told him to sleep in the apprentice den. And he is too embarressed to sleep in the nursery, the kits are fine, they're simply extremely curious asking us questions about Shadowclan and the elder's are simply glad to have more cats to remove ticks and fleas." He added.
"He could play around with the kits however, he could tell them stories!" Goldeneye suggested, shrugging. "Though maybe staying away from the elders' den is a good idea," he laughed, knowing how elders could go on and on. They often had ticks and fleas as well, and that never was good. Looking at Dungpaw, "Well, we'll see," he said softly, "I need to go examine others now," he said softly, "It was good talking to you," he dipped his head, before walking off calmly.
Old August 10th, 2017, 05:48 PM
5,445 posts on old site

My Mood: Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ✨Blue Wishes✨ View Post

"He could play around with the kits however, he could tell them stories!" Goldeneye suggested, shrugging. "Though maybe staying away from the elders' den is a good idea," he laughed, knowing how elders could go on and on. They often had ticks and fleas as well, and that never was good. Looking at Dungpaw, "Well, we'll see," he said softly, "I need to go examine others now," he said softly, "It was good talking to you," he dipped his head, before walking off calmly.
Dungpaw nodded," Right. It was good to see you." He was awestruck that he remained calm and was able to alert Goldeneye of an issue Maybe I am a good speaker and might be able to leader the clan in a patrol like Elmpaw..I'm the brave one in Riverclan, unlike Elmpaw. I think Elmpaw's going through a personality change, as am I, I'm actually glad that I got to experience the flood. It made me braver...unlike Elmpaw who's a total coward now.

My prefix finder website, consists of all the prefixes I could think of that are valid for wco linked here
Old August 10th, 2017, 06:37 PM
The Lord Doitsu

My Mood: Thirsty

Cool Re: RiverClan Clearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmer View Post
Lucky stood straight, relief swelling in her chest as she heard Halestar confirm her place in Shadowclan with a warm smile. "Thank you, Halestar!" she replied, a soft purr trailing her words of gratitude. "You know, Goldeneye told me that I could keep my name if I like, but I think I'd like having a new name for my new life here. Daypaw says I ought to be healed soon. It's just my shoulder that needs some more time." She glanced at her shoulder, a layer of chewed up plants plastered to the wound. Lucky's excitement for joining Shadowclan was renewed. She'd get to be clanmates with Daypaw, and Goldeneye! She'd learn to fight and keep her clanmates safe. She'd have a big family where cats helped each other. Her tail curled up behind her as a warm happiness took hold. I'm home.
The leader nodded, understanding Lucky. "Well, when Daypaw declares you ready to start training, I will pair you up with a senior warrior and you can begin training." she mewed, looking at the other she-cat.

"It was nice to meet you, Lucky." Halestar started, licking her paw. "If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask."

I once killed a man in his sleep with his own mustache and a grape. - Germany

Old August 10th, 2017, 08:40 PM

My Mood: Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
@Bunnyburns36

Dustpaw exited the den he shared with the other apprentices, both Riverclan and his own clanmates. The chubby gray tom looked around, flicking his ears. Maybe his mentor would be around, or one of his friends. He sat down closer to the center of the clearing, his blueish green eyes assessing his surrounds. He was ready to train, even if it mean battle training. The tom would rather talk it out, but learning to fight could be handy.

Flamewhiskers took the last bite of the bird he'd chosen for his morning fresh-kill. He had been up since the sun had risen this morning and had already gone on an early morning patrol. He was ready to get training his apprentice for the day. He rested his amber gaze on the apprentice and watched as Dustpaw exited the den. Flamewhiskers stood up, shaking the dirt from his ginger pelt. He padded over to the fresh-kill pile and picked up a mouse for Dustpaw.

"Dustpaw." He meowed, slightly muffled, around the mouse. He padded over to him, and dropped the mouse at his paws. "Eat this, you're going to need your strength today." Flamewhiskers had felt that since they were staying with another clan that the apprentices and the warriors needed to push themselves harder than the Riverclan cats. And Starclan be damned if his apprentice wasn't going to be the hardest working.
Old August 10th, 2017, 09:05 PM
Sigh...

My Mood: Hopeful

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jingle View Post

The leader nodded, understanding Lucky. "Well, when Daypaw declares you ready to start training, I will pair you up with a senior warrior and you can begin training." she mewed, looking at the other she-cat.

"It was nice to meet you, Lucky." Halestar started, licking her paw. "If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask."
"Thank you, Halestar!" Lucky said again, dipping her head to her new leader. Lucky suddenly felt like she had ants in her pelt. Waiting was agony! She could hardly wait to meet the cat she'd be paired with and start warrior training. She wished her shoulder would heal already!

(Thank you for RPing with me! Any idea when the next SC ceremony should be? I'm as excited as my character to get her apprenticed up.)
Closed Thread