Go Back   Warrior Cats Online > Archives > Old Topics > OOC > Warriors Discussion

Notice
Allegiances

ThunderClan
Leader: Bumblestar
Deputy: Spiderthroat
Medicine Cats:
 Drizzlecloud, Springlight

ShadowClan
Leader
Dawnstar
Deputy
: Mistlewhisker
Medicine Cats:

Lostspark, Mossfreckle

RiverClan
Leader
: Fadingsun
Deputy:
Dusklion
Medicine Cat: Mistyshard

Medicine Cat Apprentice:
Berrypaw

WindClan
Leader
Twilightstar
Deputy: None
Medicine Cat: Lightningstorm
Medicine Cat Apprentice: None

Recent Threads
RiverClan Territory
by BEAR.
Last post by alec
Today 11:44 PM
everything finder for...
Last post by Blazing
Today 11:28 PM
Lionsbeach
by BEAR.
Last post by occultation
Today 10:58 PM
Fangs, paws, and morning...
by Hound
Last post by chrysanthemum.petals
Today 10:56 PM
WindClan Clearing
by Ian
Last post by furrensic
Today 10:47 PM

Old December 25th, 2019, 03:01 PM

Default fAcTs

Why ivypool is better than dovewing

I hate Dovewing. As a character in the series, her dynamic with Ivypool is what kept Omen of the Stars interesting. But generally, I dislike her.
But just to clarify, firstly, she is not a mary sue, (flawless character.) She is stubborn and arrogant, and headstrong. She has a lot of personality, and as a character she is very interesting. But her actions in OOtS are awful.
Secondly, I don't blame her for leaving to Shadowclan. It was her decision, not Ivypools, and its fine that she chose happiness over kin. But anyways.

- IvyPAW was a young naive child and her sister was gaining attention rapidly for seemingly no reason. She was being treated with a lot respect from Firestar, and other senior warriors, exceeding normal standards, and from Ivypaws perspective, leaving her behind. Ivypaw has always wanted to train side by side with her sister, but now she feels like she isn't good enough. Even Blossomfall states that she'll never be as good as Dovewing, lowering her self-confidence. So when somebody finally praises her (Hawkfrost,) Obviously she will start to like/trust him, and after multiple training sessions, Ivypaw feels more loyalty towards the one person who actually seems to see potential in her.

-Whilst fans give Ivy grief about being jealous, for a perfectly valid reason, they seem to forget the scene where Dovepaw sees Ivypaw and Tigerheart make eye contact, and freaks out with jealousy.

-Ivypool sees her sister with Tigerheart, a shadowclan warrior. At least she has the sense to know that half clan relationships can only result in torn loyalties and battles. Dovewing screams at her at tells her she is just jealous because Ivypool will never be as good as her. Pushing Ivypool deeper into the Dark Forest.

-Also, lots of people comment on how she wasn't a good spy. Well, if you were being haunted by evil dead murderers that can somehow shift between dream and reality, killing people the second they suspected protest, you wouldn't be so sure about giving away too much.

- Another thing that is great about Ivypool is that, unlike other previous main characters, (Squirrelflight, Brambleclaw, Twigbranch,) Ivypool maintains the personality shes developed throughout the series. In Bramblestars storm, a group of cats are having a nostalgic conversation about badger attacks, and Ivypool spews some random edgy stuff from her previous Dark forest experiences.
Old March 25th, 2020, 08:42 PM
Smile, she said.

My Mood: Stressed
Default Re: fAcTs

EXACTLY! Dovewing was so tedious for me to read about; it was Ivypool's chapters that made the series interesting! The only thing going for Dovewing was the drama with Bumblestripe and Tigerheart!