"I Didn't Mean Shooting...
Last post by Dolomedes
Today 01:22 AM
Closed Thread

Old January 13th, 2021, 11:35 AM
welcome to the garden

My Mood: Bashful

Default WCO History

Hello! I'm a fairly new user on here, so I don't know a lot about the history of WCO, but would an older member like to enlighten me? Specifically...

- What happened to SkyClan? Was it ever on the site and will it ever return?

- What was the Dusk Syndicate?

- What happened during the Evil Era?

- What was the previous site, and why did we switch?

- Who exactly are the founders? I know some of them, but I'm also interested in hearing about how and why this site was created.

And anything else you happen to think of. Some of these questions might be answered through FAQ, (for example, the Evil Era), but since I'm a geek I'm interested in a more detailed history, if anyone can explain it to me! Thank you in advance!

"you have enemies? good. that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -victor hugo
bump me after 72 hrs
character site
Old January 13th, 2021, 11:39 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Default Re: WCO History

Same, I’m kinda wondering this history as well! I’m wondering what the evil era was, and as well as what happened to SkyClan. @VALLIANCE

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old January 13th, 2021, 11:39 AM
full time disappointment

Bump Policy: bump after 72 hours
My Mood: Sad

I can only answer abt SkyClan because that's all I know @VALLIANCE @feather lily @New Years Dashers

SkyClan was on this site. They disbanded due to inactivity, and former SkyClan cats now live in RiverClan. @/cougar, @/panda1440, and @/~fox~ are try to get it back but considering BILL. voted no on their poll I doubt it

bump after 72 hours
cherrykit

Last edited by -Ash-; January 13th, 2021 at 11:44 AM.
Old January 13th, 2021, 11:40 AM

My Mood: Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALLIANCE View Post
Hello! I'm a fairly new user on here, so I don't know a lot about the history of WCO, but would an older member like to enlighten me? Specifically...

- What happened to SkyClan? Was it ever on the site and will it ever return?

- What was the Dusk Syndicate?

- What happened during the Evil Era?

- What was the previous site, and why did we switch?

- Who exactly are the founders? I know some of them, but I'm also interested in hearing about how and why this site was created.

And anything else you happen to think of. Some of these questions might be answered through FAQ, (for example, the Evil Era), but since I'm a geek I'm interested in a more detailed history, if anyone can explain it to me! Thank you in advance!
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Years Dashers View Post
Same, I’m kinda wondering this history as well! I’m wondering what the evil era was, and as well as what happened to SkyClan. @VALLIANCE
so i would also like to know but from what ive heard skyclan joind riverclan i dont know why tho
Old January 13th, 2021, 11:46 AM
work is never done

Bump Policy: every 4 days
My Mood: Kingly

SkyClan was on site from 2015 - mid 2019, but because it was largely inactive (only a couple members used it - it was hardly posted in) we had it disband and merge into RiverClan. We have no plans on re-implementing it since there's not a lot of reason to (what few SkyClan cats that remain are settled in and content with their new Clan.)

The Dusk Syndicate was a rogue gang similar to BloodClan, but with different ranks (Commander / Co-Commander, healers, guards, etc). They were kind of the stereotypical "bad guys" who wanted to stir up trouble with the Clans. They were disbanded by the Clans when they decided to try to attack the Clans at a Gathering and were demolished.

Evil Era Masterpost

The previous site was brookcat.webs.com. We swapped in 2016 because Webs was forcing us onto their "newer" broken builder, which would have drastically hindered user navigation and make it harder to update the site. Webs already had platform issues - you couldn't do searches, private messages constantly had loading issues. It was a mess.

Deception/star and I are the founders. We moved from another site after having a falling out with that owner and pretty much continued the roleplay from there with some friends who came along. The site gradually grew from a mix of advertising, affiliation, and member referrals.
Old January 13th, 2021, 11:49 AM
chasing away dreams

Bump Policy: ✩ once a week/48 hours for anything time sensitive
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILL. View Post
SkyClan was on site from 2015 - mid 2019, but because it was largely inactive (only a couple members used it - it was hardly posted in) we had it disband and merge into RiverClan. We have no plans on re-implementing it since there's not a lot of reason to (what few SkyClan cats that remain are settled in and content with their new Clan.)

The Dusk Syndicate was a rogue gang similar to BloodClan, but with different ranks (Commander / Co-Commander, healers, guards, etc). They were kind of the stereotypical "bad guys" who wanted to stir up trouble with the Clans. They were disbanded by the Clans when they decided to try to attack the Clans at a Gathering and were demolished.

Evil Era Masterpost

The previous site was brookcat.webs.com. We swapped in 2016 because Webs was forcing us onto their "newer" broken builder, which would have drastically hindered user navigation and make it harder to update the site. Webs already had platform issues - you couldn't do searches, private messages constantly had loading issues. It was a mess.

Deception/star and I are the founders. We moved from another site after having a falling out with that owner and pretty much continued the roleplay from there with some friends who came along. The site gradually grew from a mix of advertising, affiliation, and member referrals.
Ohhh, so that’s what happened..dang now I’m starting to sorta doubt SkyClan could come back, but if it was possible, who knows if it becomes inactive once more?

┏━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┓
Springlight is one of ThunderClan’s current medicine cats.
She has a semi-closed den policy.
Feel free to DM or VM me if you have any questions or concerns!

Please know that my character's personal thoughts and opinions do not reflect my own.
I am simply playing as their character.

My writing often depends on my motivation and therefore due to having autism, I struggle with maintaining focus for writing.
I hope that's understandable.

ThunderClan HealingThunderClan Medicine DenCharacter Biographies

┗━━━━━━━━━━ ❈ ━━━━━━━━━━┛

worm wiggled his way in owo
ghostie is haunting this sig!
surprise! it's velli, several months late. shocker
Old January 13th, 2021, 11:53 AM
welcome to the garden

My Mood: Bashful

Quote:

Evil Era Masterpost

Oh ok, thank you!

"you have enemies? good. that means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -victor hugo
bump me after 72 hrs
character site
Old January 13th, 2021, 11:54 AM

My Mood: Bored

Quote:

Evil Era Masterpost

do you know when the next big event will happen?
Old January 13th, 2021, 11:54 AM
formerly estelle.

My Mood: Adorable

Just adding onto this, anyone know what happened with Icestar? I left WCO for a while and whatever happened with her happened when I was gone-

┍----------------✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧----------------┑
character Website
https://mintyswcocats.webador.com/

┕----------------✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧----------------┙

bump me after 72 hours + I'll usually be online from 3pm-7pm (CT)
Old January 13th, 2021, 11:56 AM
full time disappointment

Bump Policy: bump after 72 hours
My Mood: Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minty View Post
Just adding onto this, anyone know what happened with Icestar? I left WCO for a while and whatever happened with her happened when I was gone-
Hailstorm pushed her off the Highbranch, killing her, and ran off

bump after 72 hours
cherrykit
Closed Thread