by Kacey!
Last post by MaplestrikeWCUE
Today 07:18 AM

Old November 6th, 2022, 04:53 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default Re: a dying bird [closed]

He watched her go with whisker-thin pupils before turning away with a wet huff and a hacking cough that sent him back down onto the hay. What a fool. What a starsdamned fool.

The old tom let his head fall onto his paws, eyes trained on the treeline through the barn door. He wondered if she'd spill, tell her Clan of the frail, old murderer in the barn beyond the territories. For a moment he couldn't remember if he had given her his name. But he supposes it didn't matter, really. A savior didn't need to give his name to still be considered a savior.

He let his eyes drift shut and buried his nose between his paws. Perhaps now, he could get some rest.
@Starfall

Last edited by dino.; November 6th, 2022 at 06:18 PM.
Old November 9th, 2022, 10:34 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Spiderthroat
@dino.

The Calico had been on one of his walks, camp was too loud, and his emotions were too congested. Now, where he was, he hadn't a clue. All he knew was that it got quieter, and the air felt cleaner...somewhat anyways. There were too many things on his mind, and he believed that if he simply ignored them, they would go away. That's what he wanted to believe anyways, but it felt as though if he even mentioned, he'd just combust on the spot. If someone asked him how he felt, he would simply light on fire.

The Warrior hadn't even realized how far he'd gotten, taking a moment to look around coming out of his daze. A barn...ah. Oh no. He'd gone a little too far. "Well..." he hummed beneath his breath. If he was here, he might as well look around. Stepping closer to the barn the ThunderClanner noticed it had an inhabitant. Ears perked forwards, the tom slightly crouched close to the ground as he inched forwards, trying his best not to alert the stranger. He didn't feel like socilazing really...so if he could avoid waking the other up. He would.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old November 13th, 2022, 03:53 PM
roar

It's as if the stars have turned on him. The old cat managed to slip back into a dreamless sleep for a few more moments, staring into an endless dark void, in which there was nothing and no one. He felt utterly alone.

When a new smell invaded his nose, forcing him to open his eyes, he thought he preferred being alone over having his space intruded upon twice in one night. Clouded green eyes cracked just a sliver landed on the new presence, calculating and watching. It was not who he expected to see.

"Fancy meeting someone like yourself up here," he rasped, breath rattling in his chest. "Why are you, like the other, intent on invading my final resting place, Spiderthroat?"

Perhaps it would sound morbid to anyone else, but the old tom knew. He had fulfilled his final duty and now it was his turn to die, to be brought into the night sky and honored amongst the stars. If only he could do so peacefully.
@Starfall

Last edited by dino.; November 13th, 2022 at 03:53 PM.
Old November 23rd, 2022, 10:13 PM
We are the universe || bear is my favorite

Status: And the universe said, everything you need is within you.
Bump Policy: Every 2 days o/
My Mood: Adorable

Spiderthroat
@dino.

Well...that could have gone smoother, however his fur flattened once he realized who it was. Brow quirked, the Calico shuffled forwards. "I dunno how to break the news to you, but this is kinda open territory I believe." he huffed, glossing over the 'final resting place' part. He had no idea how to even begin to process that, so he decided to ignore it.

"Why a barn? So run down, why not by that Waterfall or a stream." he asked as he made a move to lay down beside the other. Shuffling slightly as to make himself comfortable before laying his head on his paws. It was awkward...and he really didn't want to be here, but due to social laws, he was bound.

"As long as I exist, you will always be loved."
Spiderthroat is the Deputy of ThunderClan
|| Site ||
The waves that crashed upon
The rocks that you were trying to walk along

And in my head I heard them play a song
For you and me

Let's get lost at sea
Where they will never find us

Got stars at night to guide us
Old November 25th, 2022, 07:08 PM
roar

=== > @Starfall
"Unfortunate," he drawled in response, still not lifting his head. "I would have thought it far away enough to avoid prying eyes. It appears I was incorrect." He sniffed, coughed, and glanced at Spiderthroat before averting his eyes again. The ajar barn door seemed incredibly appealing.

"Both were too loud for my tastes." Reminded him too much of the weasels' mistake he had devoted the last of his moons to repairing.

At least if he was to be disturbed, it was by a Clanmate. The old cat remained quiet for a moment, no sound except for the wind rattling the rafters. Then he opened his jaws again. "How has ThunderClan been faring in my absence?" he asked quietly. Were they still a gaggle of bumbling fools, or had they finally managed to scrape some sense between them all? Despite having devoted his loyalty to WindClan he still found himself concerned for his birth home over the one he eventually turned to.

A subtle scowl furrowed his brow. Stars-damned dogs.