It all falls down [SHC...
Last post by zBlaze
Today 08:58 AM

Old November 4th, 2022, 10:51 PM
roar

Bump Policy: 72 hrs/48 for importance
My Mood: Lazy

Default a dying bird [closed]

this thread is not open to everyone; please message me to ask to post and wait for a response before doing so! i'm only looking for one roleplay partner.

----------------
The sky was dark, neither moon nor stars visible across the black expanse. A frosty chill rolled in with the wind, and with it, an almost threatening haze, one that might make one's stomach twist, or the the hair stand up on the back of their neck. The trees, tall and spindly, bent and swayed with it. Their pine needles rattled restlessly.

Framed by a break in the trees, and just as foreboding as its surroundings, stood a deserted wooden barn. Its roof caved in, its outer walls were scorched, and the clearing in which it lay crumbling was blackened and burnt. No sign of fresh sprouts were visible. Fresh blood spattered across the grass had yet to dry; the stenches of death and fire mingled together, weighing heavy on the air.

The barn's door was just barely open. Like the outer walls, the interior was burnt and crumbling. Ash thickly carpeted the dirt floor, while rafters lay where they had landed when they had fallen from the ceiling. If the night were brighter, the moon's rays would have illuminated the crumbling space through the jagged holes in the roof—as well as the dirty white pelt nestled amongst scorched hay.

The tom was old, withered. Blood and dirt stained his once pure pelt. His ribs showed through his fur and his face was gaunt; and his green eyes, previously bright and lively despite his ages, were now dull, their pupils clouding. His breath rattled weakly in his chest as he slept. It was clear he was years old, older than even the oldest elder alive today. If asked how, he'd have answered that it was due to the will of StarClan as their messenger.

He had gone through many names, but that one had always been a constant.

Perhaps, if the moon was out tonight, it would have also illuminated the bloody corpse abandoned in the far corner. But the shadows engulfed it for now, and the old tom slept easy... that is, until dead grass crackled outside the barn. The tom's long, tufted ears twitched. Then he slowly raised his head to blink his dull eyes at the silhouette blocking what little light filtered through the crack in the door. Had StarClan come to claim him so soon?
@SpirtTheRat0w0

Last edited by dino.; November 6th, 2022 at 06:18 PM.
Old November 4th, 2022, 11:10 PM
Rat left WCO

My Mood: Dead
Default Re: a dying bird [closed]

"Hello? Is anyone here? " The lilac colored warrior looked into the barn door. She saw an old Tom, blood stained and dirty coat. Her Iceberg blue eye's pupils widened, "Oh my gosh-" She ran toward the elder / just very old cat, Thinking it was his blood. She did not see the corpse, "Are you okay? Do you need any herbs or anything? I can go get you a medicine cat! Are you hurt???? " She was very worried, now closer she saw his ribs showing.. " Do you want any prey? " She asked kindly.
@dino.
Old November 4th, 2022, 11:21 PM
roar

The scent of reeds and water flooded the old tom's nose. His long ears swiveled back as this stranger, not from his star-pelted lords but from RiverClan instead. Joints cracked and popped as he pushed himself into a sitting position. As far as he was aware, his duty was done, at least for now, but that did not cull the suspicion that coursed through him. Once a balance was broken, and oh so horribly, there was always the potential for it to be shattered again just as easily.

Oh, she was worried about him. How terribly, wonderfully naive of her; she truly had no idea the scene she had just stumbled upon. A low warning growl rumbled in the old tom's throat and he leaned away, away from her, away from her innocently kind words. "You are a long way from home, RiverClanner," he rasped, ignoring her questions. Surely this place had to be more than a day's journey from the territories. "How have you found this place? Turn back."
@SpirtTheRat0w0
Old November 4th, 2022, 11:34 PM
Rat left WCO

"Um-, I- I was on patrol and I spotted this bar- *she coughed from the ash* why do I smell ash? Omg were you in a fire!?!" She said questioning his sanity, still kind of worried. "I will not turn back untill you have some food in your belly and your pelt clean! " She was being stubborn, like she normally was when someone was in need, or so she thought. "I'll be right back.. Don't move!" She ran out the barn, trying to get some food for this poor, starving, old cat! Looking around outside the barn she saw a rabbit lying next to a course... " He lost a loved one.. " he said aloud. She was now hunting the rabbit for the old cat.
@dino.
Old November 4th, 2022, 11:46 PM
roar

His muzzle twisted in angry confusion as she continued to babble on, the absolute idiot. A fire? Well, of course. One only had to take a look around to figure it out. She was... persistent, he'd give her that. If only she wasn't stupid. Stupidity ruined so many.

He watched her, mildly baffled and slightly offended as she demanded he not move and then darted out of the ruined barn. If his joints didn't ache so terribly, he'd have stood right up and left before she could return; but his hind leg failed him when he tried and with a hiss of pain he collapsed back onto the hay.

His yellowed claws sank into his bedding while he waited. At least she was good for something at the moment. Once he had food he could decide what he wanted to do with her.

@SpirtTheRat0w0

Last edited by dino.; November 4th, 2022 at 11:46 PM.
Old November 4th, 2022, 11:54 PM
Rat left WCO

As soon as LilacBreeze was done getting the rabbit she heared a hiss, a pain filled one! (- OH NO!!! -) She ran into the barn she dropped the rabbit at his paws, "Are you okay? I heard you hiss, know what, I'll just clean up your coat while you eat." She sighed "Good thing I always carry some moss with me." She got it out as soon as she got it off of her paw, she licked it and said "Are you ready for your fur to be clean?" She mewed the question before she started.
@dino.

Last edited by SpirtTheRat0w0; November 4th, 2022 at 11:54 PM.
Old November 5th, 2022, 11:46 AM
roar

A rabbit thumped to the ground heavily before his paws as the she-cat raced back into the den. A good pair of ears on her, apparently. He started to reach for the rabbit, licking his lips - and then the rest of her words registered.

The old tom's body was not the only thing that was damaged. Yes, his mind was deteriorating(although perhaps it had been for some time, really), but his pride was what had truly been destroyed. An entire Clan had hated him once, he had been a messenger for the stars themselves, and now look at him! Frail, injured, dying; subjected to the torment of a stupid, bumbling RiverClan she-cat.

With a snarl that seemed somehow too loud to come from his chest, the old tom jerked away from her. "You will not touch me!" he spat scathingly. "I am not some lost elder for you to coddle. Get out, out of my den, out of my sight!" As if to accentuate his words, he aimed a strike with his claws toward her face, eyes suddenly bright with crazed anger, expression contorted into something almost demonic.
@SpirtTheRat0w0

Last edited by dino.; November 5th, 2022 at 11:47 AM.
Old November 5th, 2022, 01:46 PM
Rat left WCO

She looked at him stunned, she was only trying to help the poor old elder. "I will be going then.. " she said in a sorrowful voice, trying to keep her warrior act together... Why was he being so hostile? (- wait a minute -) she thought (- that corpse .. It had scratches on it .. -) "Y-YOU KILLED THAT C-CAT!!" She was shocked! She couldn't even move, she was terrified. (- I'm standing with a murderer.. -) she thought as she froze up

@dino.
Old November 5th, 2022, 02:02 PM
roar

She truly was stupid if it had taken her this long to figure it out. The old tom snarled again. "Your Clan once murdered five of my Clanmates in cold blood. There was a balance and they shattered it, without remorse."

A wheezing cough broke his words, and he took a moment to recollect himself before once again turning a crazed look on her. "Send your thanks to StarClan; that young cat was the last life I needed to take and I will not attempt to steal yours. But if you do not leave, I will shred you within an inch of your life and leave you to the mercy of the scavengers here."

Putrid breath clouded the air between them as he leaned closer, pupils like slits. "Out."
@SpirtTheRat0w0 ;; if Lilac doesn't leave in her next post, he will be attempting to make good on his threat ;0
Old November 5th, 2022, 02:07 PM
Rat left WCO

She ran out of the barn in panic, running back toward her home, River clan had to hear this! (- No I won't tell anyone I'll.. I'll just Ignore it even happened.. Ya.. -) She ran so fast that the hares couldn't keep up, she tripped a few times but was never to be seen again. (( End of roleplay? ))
@dino.

Last edited by SpirtTheRat0w0; November 5th, 2022 at 02:08 PM.