Hawkcatcher's finder <3
Last post by Luminous
Today 02:26 AM

Old August 10th, 2021, 12:02 AM
Raven

Bump Policy: 3 days | 2 days Time Sensitive
My Mood: Pensive

Default A Meeting to Find Fate

Birds twittered outside the window. The urge to hunt lit a desire like a spark inside Tinker. She chirped and scratched at the see-through back door. Her housefolk's lumber steps slowly approached, too slowly. It's going to escape! She waited impatiently. This new garden had only the rare bird stop by as there were no trees and only dirt to cover the ground.

Her housefolk finally reached her. She stared out the door pointedly but felt a hand run down along her spine. At any other time she would have cherished the touch, but right now she was anxious to get outside before the birds flew away. She shuffled her front feet and kept her eyes peeled on the feathered creatures just outside.

Her housefolk made one of its noises then reached up and pulled the door. Tinker jumped stealthily out the door then stopped. The birds had not seen her. She slunk along the outskirts of her garden, focusing intently. There were three of them. They were small and blue, pecking away in the crumbled dirt. Tinker stopped and squared up. She took painfully slow steps, moving fluidly over the bare earth. Her tail twitched in anticipation, she loaded her weight into her back legs, her butt wiggled, unable to keep still for a moment longer...she unloaded and sprang at the birds. In a flurry of feathers, the three birds lifted off the ground calling loudly. But Tinker leaped into the air with her forepaws outstretched. Her claws sank satisfyingly into the lowest bird and brought it crashing back down to the dirt.

The bird let out distressed little squeals but Tinker kept it pinned to the ground. She leaned down to bite into it but as soon as the feathers touched her tongue the bird squirmed and she pulled back curiously. She lifted one paw but the bird wiggled free and started a horizontal flight to escape but Tinker lunged after it and pinned it back down, chirping madly.

She gathered the feathered lump into her mouth and carried it, trotting proudly, back to her housefolks' back door. When she dropped it from her mouth, the creature flapped uselessly in circles on the ground. She batted at it with a curious paw but it stopped moving save for the hurried, shallow rising and falling of its chest. She bit on it again and felt a crunch and the bird fell still.

The backdoor opened and she looked up, gleaming with her catch at her feet. Her housefolk made a sighing sound and disappeared onto the house. When it returned it had a piece of something that it used to pick up her prey and disappeared back into the nest with it.

Satisfied, she turned and padded out to hop on top of the fence. As soon as she reached the top a new scent reached her. She looked down and saw a brown tom walking by.

@Jackson.L

Active Purrks
Elmshadow - The Collector
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
Sunsetpaw - Biligual, Flock Together:Tier 2
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 10th, 2021, 09:48 PM

Default Re: A Meeting to Find Fate

@Ravensong

A loud, distressed bird call rang down the alley as Ban padded along the line of fences. No breakfast here, I guess. He sighed. His last meal had been the morning before and his stomach was beginning to protest, the bird's death cries did nothing to help. For as much time as he spent inside upwalker colonies, he could never stomach the idea of eating their rubbish as many other cats chose. Sure, it'd keep a cat from starving but from his experience having been near to such a fate he figured he'd still choose that over the stinking rubbish.

Claws gripping into wood caught his attention. He did nothing to acknowledge the sound other than a subtle ear flick. He could smell the kittypet above him. Just passing by, mind your own cage, he thought dryly.
Old August 10th, 2021, 10:43 PM
Raven

As the brown tabby trotted past without so much as a glance her way, Tinker cocked her head. Maybe he doesn't even know I'm here.

She bounced lightly down on the other side of the fence, landing behind him. "Hi! I haven't met you before. What's your name?"
@Jackson.L

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 10th, 2021, 10:54 PM

@Ravensong

Ban grumbled to himself but did not break stride. What is it with this airhead? Doesn't she know anything about street cats? Most kittypets with any brain left him alone, it was the other rogues and street cats that gave him trouble.
Old August 10th, 2021, 11:08 PM
Raven

Tinker bounded after him as the tom kept his steady pace down the fence line. She padded to his side and matched his pace, glancing over at him. Her eyes widened. He was missing half of his ear! And scars marked his face.

"Wow! How'd that happen?" She couldn't pull her eyes away.
@Jackson.L

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 10th, 2021, 11:19 PM

@Ravensong

Ban faltered. Did she really just ask about my scars?!

He turned on her. A flash of annoyance lit his eyes. "Fights. I fight other cats for the fun of it, because I like the taste of their blood," he growled. Then he turned and started walking his path again. Maybe now he'd struck the fear in the soft molly. and she'd run back to her upwalkers. "Now buzz off."
Old August 11th, 2021, 01:33 AM
Raven

Tinker stopped abruptly as the tom turned on her. She stood frozen a heartbeat after he had continued his walk. Fights? Her mind buzzed.

Quickly she snapped back out of it and ran to catch back up to him. "Hey! Wait up!" She matched his pace again. "You never told me your name."
@Jackson.L

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 11th, 2021, 01:41 AM

@Ravensong

Ban flicked an incredulous look at the kittypet. Is she insane?

He shook his head and brought his eyes back forward. She would have to leave sooner or later. He sighed irritably. "Ban."

He increased his speed, trotting along the fence line. She had to go back to her upwalkers so she wouldn't want to travel too far away. The faster he got out of range of her comfort zone, the sooner he'd lose her.
Old August 11th, 2021, 01:52 AM
Raven

Tinker bounced with a close-eyed smile, giddiness tingling her paw pads. "I knew you could talk!"

She settled down and looked at him. She barely noticed the increase in speed as she easily matched him, staying even with his flank. Her paw steps landed soundlessly on the grassy stretch between the fences and the road. "That's an interesting name."

She let the silence hang for a heartbeat before venturing further. "My name's Tinker, in case you wanted to know. My housefolk just moved here. One of my new friends told me about strays and alley cats. Are you one of those?"
@Jackson.L

Active Purrks
Cougarivy - Beefed Up
- - - - -
Character Site
- - - - -
Elmshadow
- - - - -
Shadowclan Healing
Old August 11th, 2021, 02:04 AM

@Ravensong

Ban's stomach fell. Way to go, Ban. You just had to give her something.

He glanced sideways and, for the first time, really got a look at her. She was cute, cute in the baby bunnies are. It was a cute that just invoked pity, not the gushy emotions. Like a bunny, he knew she would be crushed, beaten and battered by the first thing that crossed her path. He'd do it himself but it wouldn't even have entertainment value of chasing a rabbit. Her long fur was well-groomed and silky. It made him scowl, the thought of any cat debasing themselves to such a degree that they'd choose a subservient life to upwalkers in exchange for such revolting pampered softness. Her demeanor screamed privilege and naivety. How could a cat so carelessly go through life choosing to be so ignorant?

"If I cared I would've asked," he growled. "If I tell you that I am a stray will that get you to leave?"